Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Oh FFS, Derelict. I guess he felt that he had to back up that tweet from "Mike Pence" on Sunday. Comments, as always, are gold. Scroll down to see the post he plagiarized. :D

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh FFS, Derelict. I guess he felt that he had to back up that tweet from "Mike Pence" on Sunday. Comments, as always, are gold. Scroll down to see the post he plagiarized. :D

Just went to the tweet. There's only one comment. I guess he's deleting.

I won't say more than, Derick needs a dictionary. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, EVS said:

I remember seeing an interview with Barry Manilow once, where he expressed surprise at how many couples chose "Looks Like We Made It" as their wedding song.  IIRC, the song is actually about two people who broke up and then found love with others.

I love it. ... Of course, I suppose reading-comprehension difficulties might also explain this.

On a related note, a wedding-singer friend of mine told me that, over the years, his most popularly requested song has been "The Impossible Dream."

• Love 5
9 hours ago, EVS said:

I remember seeing an interview with Barry Manilow once, where he expressed surprise at how many couples chose "Looks Like We Made It" as their wedding song.  IIRC, the song is actually about two people who broke up and then found love with others.

Kind of like Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" seems to have been co-opted as a religious song just because it has Biblical references...

• Love 13

Marigold - the good people I know that are of faith are very much like you.  It's the Duggar types that seem to always show up in the news & social media.  Sadly many think they represent all Christians.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The tweet is there along with 86 comments (as of 8 AM Pacific) and followed by a new tweet from Proverbs “Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.” (Proverbs 10:12).

First commenter on the new tweet is Derick4her. ?

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, Marigold said:

A million likes.

I'm glad Cathy survived cancer. I wish everyone would. Sadly, they don't.  

Didn't Cathy have uterine cancer?  If so, she's got a lot of company.  Most uterine cancer is diagnosed in Stage 1 and survival is around 98%.  Her odds were excellent from the start, unlike many other cancers.

My atheist sister also had uterine cancer 13 years ago and she, too, has survived and doing well.

It's not just the fundies that God heals.

ETA:  I'd like to see Derick's proof that the US is the least racist nation on earth.  Our history of slavery, Civil War, Jim Crow and civil unrest in the 50's and 60's would indicate otherwise.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 18

The sad thing is I wonder if the Duggars even know about the Peanuts cartoon. I guess they probably would think Lucy is a hussy for teasing Charlie Brown with the football.

Btw, I am shocked Dwerp knows the word anomaly. I also loves how he calls out by saying the US is one of the least racist countries after what he posted about the one girl with her show on TLC, and the hated the Duggars clan have against certain groups of people. A hypocrite by any other name....

5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

ETA:  I'd like to see Derick's proof that the US is the least racist nation on earth.  Our history of slavery, Civil War, Jim Crow and civil unrest in the 50's and 60's would indicate otherwise.

It looks like Derick wasn't paying attention in his history classes (if he took any).  Maybe he was in his Pistol Pete costume & couldn't hear anything.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Didn't Cathy have uterine cancer?  If so, she's got a lot of company.  Most uterine cancer is diagnosed in Stage 1 and survival is around 98%.  Her odds were excellent from the start, unlike many other cancers.

My atheist sister also had uterine cancer 13 years ago and she, too, has survived and doing well.

No she didn't. According to Lily and Elle's blog, she had Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. I couldn't remember what she had so I googled it. It did seems like very aggressive treatment (also she had some experimental treatment). My personal understanding (having watched people in my life go through cancer) is that treatment varies depending on the severity and type of cancer. 

Also you left out  Our treatment of the Native Americans of your list of what would indicate otherwise. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The comments are still there. And he stole "anomaly" from the tweet he plagiarized.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I thought Cathy had non-Hodgkin's lymphoma?  

She did. The only reason I remember is because she received life-saving treatments for her NHL that weren't available to my dad 10 years ago. He didn't make it. 

29 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

11:09pm? Go to sleep, Derick. 

Only 10:09 his time.

• Love 5

Derick liked this tweet. I'm thinking his latest tweets about adultery are definitely about Josh. He's holding a big grudge all of a sudden.  

He definitely had a falling-out with the Duggars that's why he moved out of JBs house and away. Jilly is probably in good standing since she's still allowed to drop the kids off at the compound.

Screenshot_20171010-101217.jpg

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Lunera said:

Derick liked this tweet. I'm thinking his latest tweets about adultery are definitely about Josh. He's holding a big grudge all of a sudden.  

He definitely had a falling-out with the Duggars that's why he moved out of JBs house and away. Jilly is probably in good standing since she's still allowed to drop the kids off at the compound.

He tweeted once something to the effect that Josh isn't a pedophile or the family doesn't condone pedophilia, so I don't think that's about Josh. It's possible he could have had a change of heart since then but that would mean education and personal growth, neither of which Derick is capable. I think he's just being as oblivious as the rest of the Duggars when they mention this stuff because in their minds, it has nothing to do with Josh.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

I thought Cathy had non-Hodgkin's lymphoma?  

Sorry, I don't know why I had the impression it was uterine ca.  Non Hodgkin's is less treatable but still has a pretty favorable survival rate.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Well, that's something I can agree with, Derick!!!!!  A first for everything. 

Is he referring to Josh? Maybe there is some fighting between Jill, Jess, Joy, Jana, Jinger and Josh over the lawsuit. Remember Josh tried to get in on it and then suddenly dropped out. 

The Duggar girls might have been able to repress their feelings, as directed by their freakish parents, and pretend everything is just dandy.  Derick, Ben and Jeremy see Josh for what he is..a fucking pervert who preyed on their wives when they were little girls. 

Apparently Derick tweets whatever the heck crosses his mind and cares nothing about repercussions his tweets.  Jeremy is hungry for fame and Ben is scrubbing toilets so those two men have an interest in keeping sweet with Jim Bob & family. Derick?  Derick is a loose cannon.  A broken clock is right twice a day! Something set Derick off...wonder what that was? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

If you go to twitter and look at the account of the person who said this,  ..... wow. Let's just say she has been tweeting up a storm all criticizing JB and Michelle. In context it is definitely Josh.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

I've suspected this all along. Jill and the other girls never had any therapy for their sexual assault. Maybe Jill  is having a bad time.  It's thrown being in her face every day now that Josh is back in the compound. She sees him regularly and is supposed to act like nothing happened, forgive him, and sweep it under the rug. It's possible Samuel's traumatic birth triggered some repressed memories and she's acting out. Derick might be retaliating by sending those pointed tweets.

We've seen very little of Jill in the past few weeks. If she is having a bad time she needs her husband by her side, not on a missioncation.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

You guys POC are now allowed to play major league sports for lots of money so of course the US is the least racist country ever.

But when Tim Tebow bows his knee at a game it is ok, if a POC does that they are evil.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

You can't delete other people's posts on Twitter. Derrick has no control over how people respond to him; he can only block them from being visible to him personally. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I am a 30 year survivor of uterine cancer.  Total hysterectomy but no chemo or radiation.  Very very lucky.

• Love 20

College field trips? I do think Derick is running away from his life. He's too young to have a mid-life crisis wanting to re-live his college days. Seriously, this MAN needs a full time JOB. He's forgetting that he has a stay at home forever wife and two sons to provide for....(besides TLC, which I think canned them).

• Love 24
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

College field trips? I do think Derick is running away from his life. He's too young to have a mid-life crisis wanting to re-live his college days. Seriously, this MAN needs a full time JOB. He's forgetting that he has a stay at home forever wife and two sons to provide for....(besides TLC, which I think canned them).

Marry in haste, repent at leisure. .... 

Marry with huge expectations (because you're silly enough to think that marrying into Duggardom won't be just a marriage but will be something superspecial and G-R-R-EAT! )  and the repentance may come faster and harder? (especially when exacerbated by illness, your mom getting cancer, etc.) Sorry, Der, you've well and truly trapped yourself.

I expect he partly sees his current activities as a step on the road to getting actual employment in some Christian thing (just the way Bin and Jer see their current pursuits). And maybe that'll pan out. .... I wouldn't suggest he count on it, though. (or that any of them should, for that matter) Ultimately, they may all have to find work outside the field of self-righteous pontification. 

• Love 18

How strange that these two married "adults" with two children are on a college field trip.  I know they are the "group leaders" but it just seems kinda oddball. 

This might just be some job that Derick grabbed after getting abruptly kicked out of SOS, however, I think Derick is emotionally stunted at the age level when his dad died so this job suits him.  

Who is a therapist here?  i forgot.  @GeeGolly  Isn't that a thing...with a significant trauma, you sometimes just stop in the emotional place when the trauma occurred? 

Derick is like a forever 19 year old.  Except he added a wife and children.  All his career/job choices are rather juvenile for a man with a family, his age and his education level. His tweets, Jazz & TLC.  The list is pretty long about how immature and emotionally stunted he appears to be. 

Jill? We have already hashed that out, how emotionally stunted she is from her upbringing and Josh. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 11

Derick Dillard‏ @derick4Him Oct 8

More

Copy link to Tweet

Embed Tweet

Replying to @SallyDa35801456

Job cannot save you, only Jesus.

Do you think he meant he meant Job the man and not the synonym for work? The thing where you get up every day, arrive on time, take a zillion calls from your clingy wife, eat lunch with her, take a zillion more calls and then go home... Never mind

• Love 3
On 10/7/2017 at 10:18 AM, flyingdi said:

I wonder if Derrick will ever feel comfortable outside a college atmosphere?  In a normal family, Derrick would be the perpetual student.  Forever taking classes but never deciding what he wants to do.

I’ve got that kid, actually. But at least she’s pleasant to be around. ?

• Love 17
21 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Do you think he meant he meant Job the man and not the synonym for work? The thing where you get up every day, arrive on time, take a zillion calls from your clingy wife, eat lunch with her, take a zillion more calls and then go home... Never mind

He’s being a smart ass. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3
On 10/9/2017 at 11:53 PM, EmeraldGirl said:

I think the already crazy amped up when Cathy survived cancer. Yay, whooo, whatever. Do you know how many people I’ve seen NOT survive terminal illnesses? It pisses me the fuck off when these people claim to have some inside track to god and a cure. Religious/saved people die everyday. 

I’m sorry, but it’s arrogant and selfish. Cathy retweets the likes of huckabee and company daily. “God” forbid one of you actually dies. 

And on this subject, if she is such a devout Christian and believes she’d be going home to the arms of Jesus (or whatever it is they say)- why is she so terrified of dying? Why is not going to Heaven the greatest miracle she’s ever known?

Maybe she survived because God really wasn’t interested in seeing her until it’s totally unavoidable.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

How strange that these two married "adults" with two children are on a college field trip.  I know they are the "group leaders" but it just seems kinda oddball. 

This might just be some job that Derick grabbed after getting abruptly kicked out of SOS, however, I think Derick is emotionally stunted at the age level when his dad died so this job suits him.  

I don't even think it is a job; I suspect it is part of that bogus ministry course he's taking from Cross Church, the one he wanted everyone else to pay for.  Job implies he is getting an actual paycheck, maybe even benefits.  It is far more likely that he is paying for the privilege of going to DC as a chaperone for the college kids who might otherwise have boy-girl conversations or flash their knees at one another without supervision.  I also don't think Jana is just off camera with the kids, she is back at the compound in Arkansas taking care of their children because there's no way Derick and Jill would kick in for her meals and costs, too.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I don't even think it is a job; I suspect it is part of that bogus ministry course he's taking from Cross Church, the one he wanted everyone else to pay for.  Job implies he is getting an actual paycheck, maybe even benefits.  It is far more likely that he is paying for the privilege of going to DC as a chaperone for the college kids who might otherwise have boy-girl conversations or flash their knees at one another without supervision.  I also don't think Jana is just off camera with the kids, she is back at the compound in Arkansas taking care of their children because there's no way Derick and Jill would kick in for her meals and costs, too.

So Jana is now the full-time or part-time nanny (and heaven knows what else) for, what, four households now? 

With two more revving up to need her services as we speak? Geez.

Of course it's going to be even worse when we learn that Hannie and company have also been conscripted.... Because, hey, you know the day will come when Meeechelle, Jill, Jessa and Joy will all need nannies/cooks/housekeeps simultaneously. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3