Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
43 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Jill+Derick+Israel+Dillard+May+2017.png

How far along is Jill? Derrick is looking way better, FWIW. 

check out the locks on that door!  and she is ginormous for still having a good 6 weeks to go.  she is carrying quite low --- maybe further along than quoted?

Edited by zoomama
  • Love 9

Derick looks much, much better.  I think he gained some weight and doesn't look so mentally unstable. I hope he is well.

Jill looks very big and low.  Maybe they didn't disclose the correct due date?  

Jill must be stressing she can have a V-BAC.  If she has a second C-section, her chances for a next vaginal birth decrease. That messes up her plans for a super large family $$$.    

• Love 7

I can only offer personal experience.

I had a few vaginal births and carried big but "normal big".

My post C-section pregnancies???  Huge!!!   I guess my stomach muscles were cut and lost all elasticity. I carried so low that I needed a strong pregnancy belt to hold my belly up.  I also had large babies. 10 pounders.  I looked like Jill.  

• Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

They are living in Danger America and Izzy is still as white as snow.

Is it possible they've had the good sense to put sunscreen on him? Nothing wrong with a pale-complected child being pale. 

Edited by Portia
typo
  • Love 20
9 minutes ago, Portia said:

Is it possible they've had the good sense to put sunscreen on him? Nothing wrong with a pale-completed child being pale. 

They've always taken great pride in showing off their big white baby in Central America.  It's like they really want to set him apart from the "sweaty kids" with "stinky feet."  It wouldn't surprise me at all to find out they smear the kid's face with makeup to make him look that way.

I don't think they care enough to use sunscreen.  If they cared about things like that, they wouldn't start a pregnancy in a place infested with Zika, where the government has warned women not to get pregnant for at least two years (by using condoms or abstaining from sex).  Sunscreen?  What's a little sunburn compared to a shrunken brain?

• Love 4

I think Jill would risk a VBAC on a CA dirt floor filmed on an iphone if it helps their fame/ministry/DONATIONS.

She already is. Does she know premature labor happens?

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Found this on DFO. They did not post it to the Duggar Family YouTube account. Note that she's in the girls' room. Maybe the wedding is this week after all! 

That video is from a year ago.

(edited)

Then why the hell is it showing in their recent video section? That wasn't there yesterday when I looked at the page. Well, it certainly fooled me (and it says a year ago right on the top. D'oh!). I suppose they dug it up and reposted it. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Then why the hell is it showing in their recent video section? That wasn't there yesterday when I looked at the page. Well, it certainly fooled me (and it says a year ago right on the top. D'oh!). I suppose they dug it up and reposted it. 

Yup.  And they also posted one of Michelle roller skating backwards from two years ago.

(edited)
On 5/18/2017 at 5:41 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

... yikes that kid is crowning, get Jill to the toilet delivery room stat!

For real ? I'd be walking all sorts of spraddle legged. 

Edited by Whyyouneedaname
eta: spelling
  • Love 2
(edited)

How many MOH duties can Jill be doing coming back so close to the supposed wedding date? She certainly missed the bridesmaids' pedi because the rehearsal would be tomorrow. IF the wedding is this week...

Edited by Sew Sumi
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Found this on DFO. They did not post it to the Duggar Family YouTube account. Note that she's in the girls' room. Maybe the wedding is this week after all! 

As least Jinger got in the keynote Gothard Speak:

Heart 4 the lord

Invest in lives

Compassion

Serve Others

Whoooooo gives a birthday greeting like this, except other Gothardites?

• Love 2

That was a really short stay!  How long were they on the "mission field"? Enough to spend the 24K they were begging?

Dreck does look more relaxed and slightly less skeletal/clown/cowboyish. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, awaken said:

That was a really short stay!  How long were they on the "mission field"? Enough to spend the 24K they were begging?

They first posted that they were down in Central America on February 27.  They are now back as of May 18.  That's 81 days total, less than 3 months.  That's almost $300 a day if they collected the whole $24,000 they were begging for.  Or, 37 bucks an hour presuming an 8 hour workday and no days off. Except, of course, we know they worked less than 8 hours a day and no chance they didn't take plenty of days off.  Nice 'work' if you can get it.

Anyone wanna bet that this 'vacation' in AR lasts at least twice as long as their mission trip? Don't we all wish we had a job where, for every day we were on the job, we'd get 2 days paid vacation?  Keep those donations coming, people! 

''

• Love 15
58 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Do they not understand the connotations of writing "merica?" Too funny.

Jill is a rube & is not in on the joke.

• Love 3

Derick looks so much better, nearly like himself again.

Back already, that took long...........not. I just don't understand how people like that can live with themselves. Don't they KNOW? I mean, honestly really? I may do stuff regardless, but these people just act like they honestly don't have a clue and that is beyond comprehension

• Love 4
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

They first posted that they were down in Central America on February 27.  They are now back as of May 18.  That's 81 days total, less than 3 months.  That's almost $300 a day if they collected the whole $24,000 they were begging for.  Or, 37 bucks an hour presuming an 8 hour workday and no days off. Except, of course, we know they worked less than 8 hours a day and no chance they didn't take plenty of days off.  Nice 'work' if you can get it.

Anyone wanna bet that this 'vacation' in AR lasts at least twice as long as their mission trip? Don't we all wish we had a job where, for every day we were on the job, we'd get 2 days paid vacation?  Keep those donations coming, people! 

''

So true!  I found a post that said they left on February 17th.  That fits in with the 90-day tourist visa or the 90-day residence permit that they probably were using.  Then they have to leave (one day would suffice) and come back on a new visa.  Religioius workers can get a two-year visa, but that's more complicated and Dillard Family Ministries probably couldn't qualify under the rules in Central America. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

They sure didn't stick around long for their "friends" hit by so many tragedies. 

"Adios Felicia"

For 24 grand they could've brought a 'friend' or two to the US for a trip, especially if they converted. Could've dragged them around to churches for donations.

Assuming they spent all the cash, do they have to fundraisers again before they can go back? Jill's gonna be holding poorly spelled cardboard signs at her sibling's weddings...

• Love 6
8 hours ago, awaken said:

Actually, to my eye Jill has also been looking happier than she had been for quite some time as well...Maybe some of those pregnancy hormones finally kicking in. Or maybe, given that Derick seems to be recovering from whatever ailed him for so long, she is also happier and more relaxed. Though that would make her actually normal, and I'm not entirely up to giving her that much credit.

Either way, I hope the new baby doesn't leave her as much of a mess as Izzy seemed to.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Mollie said:

, he'So true!  I found a post that said they left on February 17th.  That fits in with the 90-day tourist visa or the 90-day residence permit that they probably were using.  Then they have to leave (one day would suffice) and come back on a new visa.  Religioius workers can get a two-year visa, but that's more complicated and Dillard Family Ministries probably couldn't qualify under the rules in Central America. 

Yeah, I think it's pretty clear they're using tourism as their 'official' reason for entering the country because they don't qualify for a religious visa.  Of course, once again, as an evil Catholic, I know of folks down there working on church business who renew their visas by taking a quick trip to the US for a weekend or so.  There's no rule stating that you cannot return on a new 90 day tourist visa after a quick trip home.

As far as bringing their converts to the US; that is really tricky.  The US government is very strict in granting visitor visas to people from that part of the world due to the large number of gang members/drug couriers who come to the US and commit crimes and/or come into the US and never leave. Our group tried to get a visa for a young man, a college student who speaks beautiful English and has worked as a translator for us for a number of years.  We wanted to bring him to the US for the summer and just have him hang with us; go on a vacation with a couple families to the Grand Canyon, see a baseball game or two, go to an amusement park. We tried for two years and it was virtually impossible, even with some help from the US Catholic Diocese and those down in El Salvador.  Essentially, the US requires that any Salvadoran who comes on a visitor visa must own property down there (as a way to make sure they have reason to return).  This kid, obviously, doesn't own any land, neither do his parents.  We couldn't get around it.  Finally, he is getting his engineering degree and applying to US grad schools and we're hoping, using the university's visa allotment for students, he'll finally make it.  We're getting that kid to an Indians' game no matter how long it takes.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 18
(edited)
9 hours ago, doodlebug said:

''

We can only hope that karma eventually gets the whole gang. I can't see that it won't. .....

I just truly can't believe that their tv show and their ability to get donations and, perhaps, salaries in the case of some of them, like Jer, are going to last forever. And, man, if you've spent the first decade or decade and a half or so of your adulthood in a situation in which you can take as much or more vacation time as you spend on the job and eat out all the time...... Well, seems as if you're going to be in very poor shape when you try to adjust to the normal pattern -- and you're doing it while trying to support four or five kids. 

I continue to believe that none of this fame and the fame "benefits" that they currently have is going to be good for them down the line. It's just going to make it harder to adjust to the demands of real life eventually, seems to me. 

4 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Derick looks so much better, nearly like himself again.

Back already, that took long...........not. I just don't understand how people like that can live with themselves. Don't they KNOW? I mean, honestly really? I may do stuff regardless, but these people just act like they honestly don't have a clue and that is beyond comprehension

I think they truly are unutterably stupid while also maybe unconsciously willing themselves into cluelessness. Honestly, if any Duggar kid had half a brain, it would notice that its family is the most fucked up mess possible. And it'd take some visible steps to get out of there and start anew. Yet they all seem to be 100 percent unaware of that. ... Every single one. The stupid must truly run deep in the JB and M genes. (Although the current money, fame, vacation and restaurant situation certainly reinforces the stupid.)

And then the Duggar adjacents marry in because of the allure of fame -- and because where else can you marry in to a situation where you get four-plus days of vacation every week and an unlimited supply of restaurant gift cards? 

It really really can't last forever, though. Can it? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13

Little off topic from The Great Return.  I've been watching the reruns of Dance Moms.  On last nite's episodes, Nia & Kendall's dance was called "Grifters."  I was thinking maybe they could teach Derick a few steps for his interpretative dance.   Then the group dance on the second episode was "The Cult."  How ironic.  Has me wondering if Abby is a Duggars fan.  She did mention drinking the Kool-Aid when explaining things to the girls. I know she was referencing Jim Jones but it cracked me up when I heard it. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I continue to believe that none of this fame and the fame "benefits" that they currently have is going to be good for them down the line. It's just going to make it harder to adjust to the demands of real life eventually, seems to me. 

Absolutely, but at this point I think it won't be until the next generation before real life demands start significantly affecting their lives. Not because I think any significant fame or money are going to last that long, but because I think their habits are set, and they'll find a way to grift the fundies around them for a long time after the TLC and People incomes stop coming.  This is a weird comparison, but it reminds me a bit of an article about Tori Spelling's financial woes that I read about recently. She got barely any of her father's fortune when he died and she's estranged from her mother (though rumor has it that she does help out a "bit" financially because of the children), and she's massively in debt because she just doesn't know how not to spend vast amounts of money she doesn't have on stupid shit, because she grew up not having to worry about money at all. She probably has/had the type of money that would make most of us very comfortable--probably gets a lot of freebies from rich friends and acquaintances--and still lives a rich lifestyle, but it's a pittance compared to what she was raised with. Scale that way down, and we have the Duggars. That bunch is going get away with denial for a good, long time. They're property rich and they'll get freebies/discounts from their community for who knows how long.

I think they truly are unutterably stupid while also maybe unconsciously willing themselves into cluelessness. Honestly, if any Duggar kid had half a brain, it would notice that its family is the most fucked up mess possible. And it'd take some visible steps to get out of there and start anew. Yet they all seem to be 100 percent unaware of that. ... Every single one. The stupid must truly run deep in the JB and M genes. (Although the current money, fame, vacation and restaurant situation certainly reinforces the stupid.)

And then the Duggar adjacents marry in because of the allure of fame -- and because where else can you marry in to a situation where you get four-plus days of vacation every week and an unlimited supply of restaurant gift cards? 

It really really can't last forever, though. Can it? 

It goes without saying that they're stupid, but in this I think it's more arrogance and entitlement than anything else. They KNOW it looks bad, but it only looks bad to godless heathens so who cares. And they've "done so much" for the world that they deserve getting money for nothing.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Little off topic from The Great Return.  I've been watching the reruns of Dance Moms.  On last nite's episodes, Nia & Kendall's dance was called "Grifters."  I was thinking maybe they could teach Derick a few steps for his interpretative dance.   Then the group dance on the second episode was "The Cult."  How ironic.  Has me wondering if Abby is a Duggars fan.  She did mention drinking the Kool-Aid when explaining things to the girls. I know she was referencing Jim Jones but it cracked me up when I heard it. 

oh my word!!! i JUST realized what the phrase 'drink the kool-aid' meant .......i never put two and two together! lame am i. 

(edited)

Just popping on to say I was just banned from the Lillie and Ellie Facebook page because I disclosed that that Dillard's had sent time in Guatemala. This person and I went back and forth for a few hours. He kept claiming that I put them in danger and how people get MURDERED there EVERY DAY!! Then I got blocked. I laughed. If any of you are Lisa Marie and was participating in that thread as a fellow Duggar skeptic, you are awesome. 

I just get so tired of the depiction of Central America as a bunch of poor, godless, savages. Don't mess with my second home. Lol. Anyway, I feel sort of proud. 

Have fun in the USA Dillards. Central America won't miss you.

Edited by Guatemama3641
My keyboard is jacked up.
  • Love 20
18 minutes ago, Guatemama3641 said:

Just popping on to say I was just banned from the Lillie and Ellie Facebook page because I disclosed that that Dillard's had sent time in Guatemala. This person and I went back and forth for a few hours. He kept claiming that I put them in danger and how people get MURDERED there EVERY DAY!! Then I got blocked. I laughed. If any of you are Lisa Marie and was participating in that thread as a fellow Duggar skeptic, you are awesome. 

I just get so tired of the depiction of Central America as a bunch of poor, godless, savages. Don't mess with my second home. Lol. Anyway, I feel sort of proud. 

Have fun in the USA Dillards. Central America won't miss you.

I'm quite certain that the neighboring gangs know exactly where they live.  They don't need to look it up on Facebook.  It's reporters that they are afraid of − reporters who might drop by and verify that they do absolutely nothing all day.

• Love 14
On 5/17/2017 at 5:22 PM, BitterApple said:

Sense of humor? Did Michelle just pick random compliments off a list when she wrote that? When has Jill ever had a sense of humor?

It's hilarious Dr. Jill Medicine Woman thinks she's a certified medical professional.

• Love 8

Hmmm..Duggar family bday greetings are different than ours. I would love for  a Duggar to say "Happy Birthday you old shit. Can't wait to celebrate BIG TIME this weekend. WOHOOO!!. To which then a friend always replied "I have my credit card ready. Call me for bail if you need me" lol

• Love 4
6 hours ago, SMama said:

Once again afterthought Izzy is off to the side, so the parents can remain glued to each other. It seriously bugs me.

How true. You would think they would have put him in the middle so either parent could help him. I was happy to see he was in his own seat. I guess at his age, he has to have his own. But you know if there was any way for them not to have to pay for a seat for him, they would be on it. 

• Love 2

Exactly,our daughter is ten and she still sits between us. If they lose ailtitude, and oxygen masks are deployed, Izzy's is SOL. Those two idiots would turn to each other, and forget their giant white blessing. UGH.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Guatemama3641 said:

Just popping on to say I was just banned from the Lillie and Ellie Facebook page because I disclosed that that Dillard's had sent time in Guatemala. This person and I went back and forth for a few hours. He kept claiming that I put them in danger and how people get MURDERED there EVERY DAY!!

Derick puts them in more danger with his lack of common sense and poor language skills. 

Some person posting on a stupid FB page does not put them in danger. I truly don't understand the reasoning here. No gang member is following that Lillie and Ellie blog, I can pretty much guarantee you that one!  I really don't think posting the country they are living in is a big issue.  Missionaries do it all the time.  Go into any IFB church and you will see a bulletin board with missionary post cards tacked up...it gives their name and country, so you can pray for them. Sometimes the ladies get creative and hang little flags over the post cards to make it cute.  Sometimes they do maps with little push pins on all the countries that missionaries are serving in. 

Maybe Jilly doesn't know that's how it's done?  She went to church in her living room.

I have no problem with Jill attending a homechurch but hello? Maybe be a bit more culturally aware of how things are done in an actual church. Duh. 

• Love 10

Lol, if the Dullards didn't want people to know they were in Guatemala, they probably shouldn't have posted pictures of themselves in front of several well known tourist landmarks. The groupies are so naive.

• Love 17
(edited)

So she will be home AT LEAST three months for the birth, and probably much longer! It is so ridiculous that she expects others to fund her lifestyle all that time! I could almost see like a month tops, but Jilly will be home an eternity!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 6