Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Well, PRAY HARDER for Jesus to cure her allergies. 

It's been windy AF here lately, and our street is lined with Oak trees. I already got addicted to eyedrops, and I can now only take Restasis and another concoction from the eye doctor. In the meantime, my eyes are still killing me. And I'm blowing my nose like a coke addict (after said coke has been snorted). 

PRAY FOR ME!!!!!1111 Or not, it's just allergies. I could use the money, though. Hubby's been on disability (back) for the past 6 weeks, and the state is sloooooow to pay. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Mollie said:

Happy Mother's Day from the vacationers in Central America:

It bugs me in this video that Meechelle is "momma," but Derick's mother is "Miss Cathy." Derick is sitting right there - couldn't he have chimed in and said "mom" or couldn't Jill have called Cathy "mom"?  And can someone explain the reasoning behind calling mature, usually married women "Miss So-and-So"?  Is it a southern thing or a fundie thing?  I can kinda understand a child calling a woman by a name like that, but when Jill is a married adult, calling another adult woman "Miss Cathy" sounds silly to me.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, OpieTaylor said:

It bugs me in this video that Meechelle is "momma," but Derick's mother is "Miss Cathy." Derick is sitting right there - couldn't he have chimed in and said "mom" or couldn't Jill have called Cathy "mom"?  And can someone explain the reasoning behind calling mature, usually married women "Miss So-and-So"?  Is it a southern thing or a fundie thing?  I can kinda understand a child calling a woman by a name like that, but when Jill is a married adult, calling another adult woman "Miss Cathy" sounds silly to me.

When I lived in South Carolina, married (and divorced) white women were Miss Lastname, and unmarried white women were Miss Firstname. You could call them by their first names only if you were speaking to them and knew them well, but if speaking to others, it was Miss Lastname/Firstname. Black women were usually called by their first names only. 

• Love 3

When my first daughter was 2, she called a friend of mine Miss Debbie. The reason was, my friend didn't want to be called Mrs. Last name. Until they were older, my children refered to most adults as Mr, Mrs, miss. It's funny to me because neighbors of ours when I was growing up were always Mr and Mrs so and so until new people started moving in. To this day, I'm 56, I still refer to the original neighbors as Mr and Mrs. (I am not from the south).

• Love 4

I think it must be a southern thing, but we call black women "Miss So and So," as well.

Weird though, I do call my mother-in -law by her first name. 

• Love 3

Also from the south, can confirm we call everyone Ms. For me personally, women old enough to be my mom (so 15 years older+) are all referred to as Ms.Lastname. Women old enough to be my mom but I'm really close to I call Ms. Firstname. It's a sign of respect, you're acknowledging that they're your elders and you're not on the same "level", so to speak. It's just southern manners lol.

Also, the Ms. moniker is not racially bound for me but maybe this is because I'm a millenial; I'm well aware that when my baby boomer mom was coming up the climate was different and those who were not considered part of respectable society weren't paid respect.

• Love 5

Very southern. I am "miss lookeyloo" to many of my friends' children even though they are grown up now. I'm not from the south. Where I grew up in the northeast for us kids it was "aunt first name" for adults not related that the parents were close to. I have a lot of "aunts" that came and went over the years. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

19 hours ago, Mollie said:

Happy Mother's Day from the vacationers in Central America:

It bugs me in this video that Meechelle is "momma," but Derick's mother is "Miss Cathy." Derick is sitting right there - couldn't he have chimed in and said "mom" or couldn't Jill have called Cathy "mom"?

In Jeremy & Jinger's video, the moms were Mom (Jeremy's Last Name) and Mom Duggar, but Jeremy talked first. He's a little more worldly and articulate than Jill. 

We still teach the kids my the family to refer to adults outside their family as Mr or Mrs. Much older adults are Mr Smith or Mrs Brown. Younger/middle added are more likely to be introduced as Ms. Susie or Mr. Joe, etc. Race doesn't matter, it's an age thing with us. It's just respectful. 

My mother always called her own in laws Mr. and Mrs. C-------, when taking to their people. It's just what you did. 

I think this is a traditional thing more than regional or racial. We have some dear friends who are Indian, and they call elders Auntie and Uncle, but also do the Mr. And Mrs. thing with others who aren't close to the family.

• Love 1

I was actually surprised Jill even mentioned Cathy at all. She was like mom, and oh Cathy too.

And I ask all of you to pray for me because I am going in to see the eye doctor tomorrow morning due to the prescription eye drops not working and eye pain, dryness and blurry vision. Also, if you can send a few donations to me, I will be godly, special, blessed, awesome, sweet in my season of life.

1 hour ago, Nysha said:

In Jeremy & Jinger's video, the moms were Mom (Jeremy's Last Name) and Mom Duggar, but Jeremy talked first. He's a little more worldly and articulate than Jill. 

My dog is more articulate than Jill. More worldly, too.

• Love 10

I think it's just all different. My Swiss friend started all of our kids calling the adult women Miss Firstname, but the dads were Mr. Lastname. I think because we were with the kids more during play dates, etc. Now we are all called by our first names by the adult kids. 

The in-law titles are weird. As soon as I had kids I called my in-laws grandma and grandpa (and now the dog calls them that too :) ).  But my sister-in-law's husband went all in with calling them mom and dad. I couldn't do it because I already had a mom and dad and it felt weird.

Miss Cathy does seem a bit formal for your mother-in-law. Doesn't Derrick still say Mrs. Duggar? And why did I just spend so much time thinking about this?  My adult son's fiancé has yet to actually call me anything. I guess as long as it's not "that bitch"  ... I don't care.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Her hair looks much better here than at her own wedding.  Maybe it's the pregnancy hormone thing going on. 

Or maybe someone !DONATED! enough to get Jill out of Suave and into Paul Mitchell?

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, ChaChaSlide said:

Also from the south, can confirm we call everyone Ms. For me personally, women old enough to be my mom (so 15 years older+) are all referred to as Ms.Lastname. Women old enough to be my mom but I'm really close to I call Ms. Firstname. It's a sign of respect, you're acknowledging that they're your elders and you're not on the same "level", so to speak. It's just southern manners lol.

Also, the Ms. moniker is not racially bound for me but maybe this is because I'm a millenial; I'm well aware that when my baby boomer mom was coming up the climate was different and those who were not considered part of respectable society weren't paid respect.

It certainly wasn't based on race for me. I'm talking about the people in that small, barely Reconstructed town. The same people who said a woman's sole goal in life should be to "get her diamond." That's how they referred to becoming engaged -- so and so got her diamond. 

I'm from Michigan. I've lived in other southern states and in the midwest and southwest. I hated South Carolina. 

• Love 1

I appreciate all of ya'll's insight into the usage of "Miss Cathy." My parents, grandparents, and extended family are all from the South (but I'm not) and I'm aware of how a lot of them say "ma'am" and I do recall my dad calling his in-laws "Mr. D___" and "Ms. D____" instead of their first names.  So I shouldn't be surprised to hear Jill say "Miss Cathy," I guess.  It's the "Miss" that throws me off, though, for married women. "Mizz" would make more sense to me.  As a daughter-in-law, if Jill called her Cathy, it would sound friendlier and more like family IMHO.

My husband and I did tell our kids to call non-related adults Mr. Lastname and Mrs. Lastname.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Back in the "19 Kids and Counting" era, Anna always called Michelle "Mrs. Duggar" on camera.

I suppose if Meechelle has not given birth to you, you must refer to her as "Mrs. Dugger."

• Love 4

Anna called her Mechelle in later episodes. I've honestly never heard Derick refer to Mechelle at all, so I don't know what he calls her. JB is Ben's main employer aside from TLC. I have no idea what Ben calls JB, given the complicated relationship. Wanna bet Jeremy calls his inlaws JimBob and Mechelle? It was Mr. Duggar when he asked to court Jinger, but I bet that has changed since the wedding. Austin and Kendra? They'll be totally Mr/Mrs. Duggar until they're 30. 

So what's Jill trying to imply, that because they had this man in their home the Dullards are next on the kidnapping list? Or is she trying to stress how dangerous and super duper scary their living situation is, so please donate? Either way, it just grates. Oh, and how convenient they're getting out of Dodge within the next few weeks.

• Love 9
(edited)
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A picture at a funeral, pictures posted of people who are in danger, and blah, blah, blah. I want to scream.

http://www.dillardfamily.com/dillard family blog

I guess that means that Joy's wedding couldn't possibly be on the 20th or the Dillards would be back in Arkansas already to clean up for it.  (They claim they haven't had hot water for a shower or a bath since February! - but, they paid for an air conditioner.)  

What I got from that blog post was that Derick left Jill and Israel alone in the house with the scary shower curtain and a murderer on the loose.  Oh my.  Pretend to cry, Jill.

0 0 1 Jill.jpg

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 3

May 9 update. Please pray for:

You to give us lots more money

Us to be healthier

The locals to convert more readily so we can have fewer stinky feet in our home

Us to be able to suck locals in more easily when they're suffering.

...Oh yeah, and that woman having brain surgery.

• Love 6
(edited)

The murder could have happened anytime.  Note that they said they got a call on "Monday," not "yesterday." This post at this time could well be misdirection to make people think they're still in DA when in fact, they're back home (or headed that way very soon if the wedding is on the 20th). They haven't posted to social media for a while, just the blog. 

However, I'm still calling the 27th for the wedding. Don't know why other than there are no conflicting camps or speaking engagements. At any rate, the Dullards are either home or wrapping up their stay for months stateside. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The murder could have happened anytime.  Note that they said they got a call on "Monday," not "yesterday." This post at this time could well be misdirection to make people think they're still in DA when in fact, they're back home (or headed that way very soon if the wedding is on the 20th). They haven't posted to social media for a while, just the blog. 

However, I'm still calling the 27th for the wedding. Don't know why other than there are no conflicting camps or speaking engagements. At any rate, the Dullards are either home or wrapping up their stay for months stateside. 

According to Pickles, the wedding is this Saturday.  I'm betting they're in the McMansion as we speak.

He was a great friend, but Jill decided to stay home from the funeral? 

It is dangerous down there, but how does pouring money into the Dillards account and not into the community help anyone? Are they returning to America permanently? It seems like they need to be there 4 months of the year to get the tax free donations to top up their TLC wages, and that's why AccountantDill won't surrender this project. 

• Love 3

Please pray for my allergies. I'm so miserable with a stuffy nose and runny eyes. PLEASE pray for me. Cough...cough...sniff. Please pray for money because I'm going to have a blessing and we need money. And oh yeah, guy got murdered, yada yada and WE JUST HAD HIM OVER FOR DINNER!!! Please pray for us not to get murdered and for money.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

Please pray for my allergies. I'm so miserable with a stuffy nose and runny eyes. PLEASE pray for me. Cough...cough...sniff. Please pray for money because I'm going to have a blessing and we need money. And oh yeah, guy got murdered, yada yada and WE JUST HAD HIM OVER FOR DINNER!!! Please pray for us not to get murdered and for money.

And, you'll notice, based on the photos as well as Jill's comments about the food this family usually eats and how the poor guy loved American burgers, that the family in question is a local family, natives to the area, and not missioncationers living in an isolated, locked compound surrounded by other Americans.  I'm not saying Americans or other foreigners don't face danger down there, but most of the violence in Central America is directed at the indigenous people.  And, while Jill stressed his Christian faith, the guy was most likely not killed because of it but because it seems the entire family has run afoul of the criminal gangs since this was the second family member murdered in just the past couple weeks.

• Love 8
(edited)

If the Dillards are murdered or taken hostage for ransom, they have martyred themselves for tax free $. The free accommodations are just icing on the cake. The feeble god-bothering is just a ruse. There is no doubt in my mind that this mission is financial not spiritual. No wonder she's scared; imagine meeting your maker after scamming these unfortunate people. 

Do the right thing, have the donations go directly to the local people. Let them have a few weeks of peace and comfort while they study the bible in Arkansas. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 3

Pickles just posted some pictures of the man who was killed.  She claims that the man was associated with S.O.S. Ministries tours long before Derick and Jill began working for them.

The victim's 20-year-old cousin was also recently murdered.  Most of the murders in Southern Guatemala these days are gang related.  Many are a result of turf wars between rival gangs.  Most of the gangs are involved in drug trafficking.  The United States government estimates that 400 tons of cocaine move through Guatemala every year.

So the question is, why would this 'Christian' man (according to Jill) and his family be targeted by gangs?  And, why does Jill ask for people to pray for a list of people but fails to give their names.  Are people just supposed to pray for the Dillards' anonymous "friend's wife, son, daughter, granddaughter and other relatives" and hope Jesus can figure it out?

And, why was he always hanging out at the Dillard's house?  (Jill −"We've had them into our home three times in the past couple weeks!")  Jill called him a 'friend', not a co-worker. Something smells like a skunk in this scenario.  As the old saying goes, if you smell a skunk, there's probably one in the neighborhood.

0 0 1 Jill and.png

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

Pickles just posted some pictures of the man who was killed.  She claims that the man was associated with S.O.S. Ministries tours long before Derick and Jill began working for them.

The victim's 20-year-old cousin was also recently murdered.  Most of the murders in Southern Guatemala these days are gang related.  Many are a result of turf wars between rival gangs.  Most of the gangs are involved in drug trafficking.  The United States government estimates that 400 tons of cocaine move through Guatemala every year.

So the question is, why would this 'Christian' man (according to Jill) and his family be targeted by gangs?  And, why does Jill ask for people to pray for a list of people but fails to give their names.  Are people just supposed to pray for the Dillards' anonymous "friend's wife, son, daughter, granddaughter and other relatives" and hope Jesus can figure it out?

And, why was he always hanging out at the Dillard's house?  (Jill −"We've had them into our home three times in the past couple weeks!")  Jill called him a 'friend', not a co-worker. Something smells like a skunk in this scenario.  As the old saying goes, if you smell a skunk, there's probably one in the neighborhood.

0 0 1 Jill and.png

It is quite possible that he or his cousin gave information to the police about local gang activity or refused to join the gang or tried to leave it.  Many gangs  force young men to join them at gunpoint. If you recall, a couple years back, there was big news in the US about illegal immigration of teens and young adults into the US from El Salvador and Guatamala.  Many of those kids arrived on foot and alone, sent by their parents to try to escape the gangs who were coercing them to join.

While I have my doubts about the motives of SOS Ministries, I would find it hard to believe that anyone associated with them is willingly part of the drug trade.  Unfortunately, down there, for the young locals, it is hard to escape becoming involved, at least peripherally and not by choice.

As for not giving names, my church doesn't release names, either, because social media is readily available down there, too, and, in such a violent society, it's really not a good idea to identify people by first and last names who are associated with foreign religious organizations ostensibly working for a safer, more prosperous society.  The drug gangs probably don't think SOS Ministries supports their goals and publishing the names and faces of local sympathizers isn't going to help those locals stay under the radar with the bad guys.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 15

i was reading the comments on Pickles and someone posted a good thought. (Maybe one of you guys?)

There is violence down there (and here).  Derick is such a dummy that he could get himself caught up in anything and not understand because he lacks common sense and doesn't speak the language well. 

I wouldn't want Derick to be "my headship" in a risky place.  He is such a nitwit. Imagine depending on him for safety? Good Lord, Jill must have a 20 page prayer list with Derick as her husband....

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Marigold said:

i was reading the comments on Pickles and someone posted a good thought. (Maybe one of you guys?)

There is violence down there (and here).  Derick is such a dummy that he could get himself caught up in anything and not understand because he lacks common sense and doesn't speak the language well. 

I wouldn't want Derick to be "my headship" in a risky place.  He is such a nitwit. Imagine depending on him for safety? Good Lord, Jill must have a 20 page prayer list with Derick as her husband....

Now, now!!! God is saving them on a daily basis. No need for Derick to handle their safety and well being in a dangerous part of the world.

Just now, bigskygirl said:

Now, now!!! God is saving them on a daily basis. No need for Derick to handle their safety and well being in a dangerous part of the world.

Hahaha...considering how Jill was crying over the shower rack, I think she has her doubts! 

Seriously though, Derick really is not cut out for this area of the world. Maybe he can take out the garbage or something at Jeremy's church? Derick should not be in charge of Jill and Izzy anywhere.  

• Love 4

Jill should be capable of taking of herself and Izzy without her husband constantly holding her hand, but I keep forgetting who we are talking about here. I could send my two cats out in the wild, and they both  have more common sense and brain power to get home alive then Jill, Derick and the rest of the Duggar clan combined.

(edited)

Perhaps MEchelle was referring to Jilly Slow Muffin wearing that wild and crazy hat. Look at them, they are mouth breathers, who knows what constitutes humor there. Or MEchelle has read the positive comments about Kelly's birthday greetings. Grifter gotta grift, even if it requires making shit up. You know, for their "ministry."

Edited by SMama
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am going straight to Hades but when I got to 'down by the river' all I could hear was the departed Chris Farley in my head.

Me too! Oh and Jill, the US is a very dangerous place too. Lots of murders.

• Love 4
On 5/15/2017 at 7:56 PM, Westiepeach said:

I suppose if Meechelle has not given birth to you, you must refer to her as "Mrs. Dugger."

Of course, if she has given birth to you, then you apparently are obliged to refer to her as "our godly mother" at least several times a year. .... I think I'd rather call her "Mrs. Duggar."

• Love 5

How old is Jill now?  That photo makes her look mid-30's.

The frumpy way of dressing does age these women.  Are they allowed to dye their hair when they get gray?  They are allowed to wear major makeup, so I was wondering.

• Love 2

I don't see gray hairs on either parent, so I'm guessing they cover the gray. There have to be some gray hairs, after the abysmal failure that is Joshley.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, SMama said:

I don't see gray hairs on either parent, so I'm guessing they cover the gray. There have to be some gray hairs, after the abysmal failure that is Joshley.

I've seen pictures with a few grays, which often disappear. She uses Revlon Color *DP17 - Deceased Show Poodle Brown.

• Love 23