Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, queenanne said:

^The print is a reeking horror, I should say (is it pink and brown??).  Not a big fan of prints and I don't think this one helps the drape.

Ah, OK. I couldn't quite make out what you were saying there. And I do agree on that print. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't committing a huge fashion faux pas with the palazzo pants. They can be hard to find in stores, so I grab them when I find them (I call them my "floopy pants"), but being that they don't seem to be all that popular I didn't know whether they were generally considered hideous or something. I'm quite apple shaped and moderately big on top while my legs, hips and thighs are relatively slim. But my lower belly drags the front of tailored pants forward so that especially if there are pockets involved the whole line looks really awkward. Plus I like tunic tops, which go better over an unstructured pant, I think. And if I wear leggings, I tend to look as though i'm shaped like a candy apple on a stick. The palazzo pants give my shape a bit better balance and are so comfortable while still looking a bit more elegant than sweats.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

I think the man bun looks good on Derrick as well. hopefully he can keep it when he gets back to AR

Right? Not to forget that Derrick is a grown ass man with a wife & child and should be able to wear his hair however he damn well pleases. Not in Duggarland.

Edited by lulu69
Autocorrect didn't like damn
  • Love 10

I'm the voice of dissent. I hate that man bun on Derick. 

I hope Derick steps off the plane, Jim Bob rushes him and attacks the man bun!!!!!  I hope there is an ugly brawl and the man bun gets chopped! And then Josiah or one of those J boys posts the incident on Duggar Studios!   

(I'm rooting for Jim Bob on this one)

• Love 5

I despise man buns (I live in a sea of hipsters, so..well, ick), but I will fight for Dreck on this one. It's dissent, but let's be frank: boys didn't wear shorts until he and Ben showed up. I can't WAIT for a Duggar boy to grow a manbun, just to watch KJB have an anuerysm. That, or he'll blame the Bun on Jilly's seemingly infertile marriage, because long hair = female. 

• Love 12

I admit I do not care for Derick's man bun either. He looks dirty and greasy to me with or without the man bun. He reminds me of the religious cult err... group who hangs out at the airport trying to sell flowers (the ones in the white robes and the men have ponytails-cannot think of the religion.)

31 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I admit I do not care for Derick's man bun either. He looks dirty and greasy to me with or without the man bun. He reminds me of the religious cult err... group who hangs out at the airport trying to sell flowers (the ones in the white robes and the men have ponytails-cannot think of the religion.)

Hare Krishnas. And LOL! :D

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

i believe they are Hare Krishna

2 minutes ago, Aja said:

Hare Krishnas. And LOL! :D

We think alike.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Thank you. And then there is Jill. The picture of her at the airport. I guess she is taking frump lessons from her mother.

Couldn't agree more. Jill and now Jessa are morphing into frumpy Mechelle. 

• Love 2

Jesus is usually depicted with long hair, not a helmet head. I don't know if he wore it in a man bun but Derrick is actually more 'christ-like' than KJB in this respect. If it's good enough for Jesus it should be good enough for the Duggars. Yeah. Right lol.

• Love 7

Jesus is usually depicted with long hair, not a helmet head. I don't know if he wore it in a man bun but Derrick is actually more 'christ-like' than KJB in this respect. If it's good enough for Jesus it should be good enough for the Duggars. Yeah. Right lol.

I know that Jehovah's Witnesses make a big deal out of Jesus having short hair (and for a while that he was beardless) and therefore all men must follow his example forevermore. Perhaps Gothardites believe the same? The JW fashion choices seem to have been born out of a hatred of the hippie youth culture of the 60's and 70's and connecting long hair to rebelliousness, which would fit in nicely with Gothard's beliefs. Isn't his whole schtick based on a promise that no kids raised in ATI will ever rebel?

Edited by Vaysh
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Lemur said:

Boob doesn't believe in pollution and climate change.  If the Godman didn't want him to have plastic hair, the Godman wouldn't have invented Aquanet.

Exactly what I was thinking. He wouldn't be swayed by any environmental argument. Probably the opposite. 

8 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Ah, OK. I couldn't quite make out what you were saying there. And I do agree on that print. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't committing a huge fashion faux pas with the palazzo pants. They can be hard to find in stores, so I grab them when I find them (I call them my "floopy pants"), but being that they don't seem to be all that popular I didn't know whether they were generally considered hideous or something.

Diane von Furstenberg has often spoken highly of palazzo pants. If they're good enough for Diane, they're good enough for the rest of us, I say.

• Love 7

Lands End carries a version of palazzo pants that they call market pants. Very comfy and fashion forward, come in regular and petite, and usually can be found on sale. I know people who swear by them.

• Love 2

1 Corinthians 11:15 Context

12For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God. 13Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered? 14Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 15But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. 16But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God. 17Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. 18For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

So, how does the manbun fit into this verse? We know the ladies keep the hair long for this reason. Uh oh, Derick...seems you're in violation of a rule...

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Derick is wearing his hair just like Jesus.

6SjyVah.jpg

(This Jesus actually looks like a prettier Derick.  Maybe this is what he'll look like after his face is fixed.  #rockmesexyjesus)

This definitely earns you a spot in the prayer closet. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Derick is wearing his hair just like Jesus.

6SjyVah.jpg

(This Jesus actually looks like a prettier Derick.  Maybe this is what he'll look like after his face is fixed.  #rockmesexyjesus)

I knew Derick was trying to look like Jesus. That's the real reason for his surgery and naming his son Israel. 

• Love 3

When Derick is cleaned up and well groomed, I actually kind of like the man bun. He's naturally bohemian, so it doesn't feel contrived. I hope he sticks with it and doesn't revert back to a short do' and Dockers just because he's back in Boob's clutches.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

When Derick is cleaned up and well groomed, I actually kind of like the man bun. He's naturally bohemian, so it doesn't feel contrived. I hope he sticks with it and doesn't revert back to a short do' and Dockers just because he's back in Boob's clutches.

It's hard to be bohemian and free spirited when you have Barnacle Jill clung to you 24/7!

Derick is used to being on his own and seems content, so I was hoping this would mean Muffy might learn something from him.  Still might seem like leaps and bounds wrt to freedom from life at the TTH in contrast.  When even someone as awkward and goofy looking as Derick seems more socially adjusted, it just goes to show you what an epic fail The Duggar Parenting Experiment has been.

I think the TTH shot of the kitchen was an Internet fu to us and others who comment that they don't cook or eat any fresh food.  His man bun right now is enjoying its 15 minutes of fame, at least.

• Love 4

Looks like Jenni's birthday party is on Social Media blackout, which means that TLC filmed it, probably as Muffy's family reunion. From the size of the dinner Dreck posted from last night, it was only for two couples, so I guess maybe they stayed with his brother and his girlfriend for a day before heading off to Duggar Madness (and their semi-permanent residence) today?

New pics on https://www.instagram.com/jillmdillard/  of people greeting the Dullards at the airport. In the photo of MEchelle and Cathy with Izzy, there are people in the background with Dreck and Jill - maybe someone here will know who they are. I'm pretty sure I see someone holding Josie in that photo, and then Jill is holding her in another. Once again, special miracle is being babied.

Jill looks SO happy to be home. I'll be surprised if she goes back to Danger America or anywhere far from home.

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 1

Here are the grandmas at what looks like some kind of large meeting room, but it's not the airport. Izzy is in different clothes than the airport pictures . I think this may be the actual party they had today. Note TLC camera over Mechelle's possum head on the left and the boom over Cathy's.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, kaleidoscope said:

Cooking!  Real food!  They picked up at least one good habit in CA!!

Maybe more if you count the man bun (which I too don't like on pretty much anyone BUT I like seeing him express his individuality - I feel the same about mohawks lol).  And, he apparently hasn't picked up all of Jilly's speech patterns. If he did this caption would have been more along the lines of "We were able to fellowship with friends and family." 

Izzy is "spoiled to have family nearby again"?? What a bizarre turn of phrase. 

When is Cathy going to grow her own possum?  Her hair looks shorter than Derick's. That has got to have the Duggars praying for her immortal soul. I know she had chemo awhile back but her hair still seems too short (have been through this myself, so am not being the total bitch that I sound like).

seriously, I wish Michelle et al. could look at Cathy and her short hair and conclude that she is just as worthy or whatever as they are.

Also, think of how much more time the Duggarettes would have to devote to Jesusing if they didn't have to maintain all that mess. Wash and wear hair, ladies. Throw off your shackles. 

• Love 5

It seems to me they've had family and friends visiting them and helping out a good chunk of time while they've been away. So, Jill, it's not THAT different to be around them again!  

Where are they living?  

Edited by awaken
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, awaken said:

It seems to me they've had family and friends visiting them and helping out a good chunk of time while they've been away. So it's not THAT different to be around them again!  

That's what I don't understand about the big "welcome home" production at the airport. From the looks of it, the Duggars have been rotating in and out of Danger America every other month or so. I guess maybe the Littles haven't seen Jill in a while, but do they really care one way or the other, besides Jenni? 

I'm guessing the party was to let donors know how hard they've been working at handing out Dum Dums and performing interpretive dance, and oh, please keep the money rolling in so those unfortunate brown children don't go to hell.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That's what I don't understand about the big "welcome home" production at the airport. From the looks of it, the Duggars have been rotating in and out of Danger America every other month or so. I guess maybe the Littles haven't seen Jill in a while, but do they really care one way or the other, besides Jenni? 

I'm guessing the party was to let donors know how hard they've been working at handing out Dum Dums and performing interpretive dance, and oh, please keep the money rolling in so those unfortunate brown children don't go to hell.

I spotted professional camera equipment - times two - in the background of one of those photos. TLC crew at work. It's more footage for teh show. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Here are the grandmas at what looks like some kind of large meeting room, but it's not the airport. Izzy is in different clothes than the airport pictures . I think this may be the actual party they had today. Note TLC camera over Mechelle's possum head on the left and the boom over Cathy's.

It is most definitely the airport, XNA.

• Love 4

Many people who have had chemo consider themselves lucky to get their hair back at all.  The Duggars better not say anything about Cathys hair. 

Now that the head Dum Dums are gone, hopefully we will see them asserting their own independence at the TTH.  Perhaps they can teach interpretive dance to the Duggarlings.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Looks to me kinda like the same room they had the going away party in? Was that in Cross Church?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Looks to me kinda like the same room they had the going away party in? Was that in Cross Church?

No, it's the airport. As @teevee4me said above. Note the "Courtesy Phone" sign on the wall. Those are common at airports. I've never seen one at a church or events center.

ETA, also as noted above, the TLC crew was there to tape it. And the timing for it to be their arrival at the airport,s is totally in sync with the Dillards' social media postings of their travels home from Danger America.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

To let the donors know and to provide a potential four or five dull minutes in the can for an upcoming episode? ... They have so little actual plot going on, I imagine that any excuse for a party of some kind is seized upon and videotaped.

Just now, Jeeves said:

No, it's the airport. As @teevee4me said above. Note the "Courtesy Phone" sign on the wall. Those are common at airports. I've never seen one at a church or events center.

Good point! ....

• Love 1

On Jill's Instagram there's another pic of them at the airport with Derick's brother and girlfriend. In the background there's a sign that says Sam's. Is there a Sam's Club near or at the airport? Were JB & M so happy to see Jill and Derick that they stopped and shopped on the way home? Michele is in the same yellow top.