Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

The last paragraph leads me to believe that they'll be home for a while, because they plan to take Bible classes and hook up with a local ministry. Sounds like a double excuse; being home for an extended period of time, and still being missionaries.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The last paragraph leads me to believe that they'll be home for a while, because they plan to take Bible classes and hook up with a local ministry. Sounds like a double excuse; being home for an extended period of time, and still being missionaries.

I get the same impression - a lengthy "visit"

Here's the paragraph: "Shortly after the July teams leave, we plan to return home for a little while. It will have been over a year since we began working in Central America and about 10 months since we’ve been in the states. We are looking forward to being home with family (and Chick-fil-A ;-) and plan to take some Bible classes and be involved in local ministry while we’re there."

• Love 2

I cannot believe she mentions chik fil a in that post!  I was kind of with her till she said that, and now I'm annoyed. Did they get kickbacks from CFA to pay for their vacation home for mentioning it?  Ugh. 

• Love 6

Jill, just admit you need to come home to film for next seasons Jin-tacular courtship.

Nice to see God spared Derick from getting electrocuted . I'm sure Rigo will convert any day now too.

Oh, and we've seen them insta post eating every large  American fast food chain down there. It's not like fast food is rare.

• Love 7
(edited)

Izzy is already 33 inches tall? Holy shit. That kid is probably going to end up 6'5"/175. For reference, Derick is lucky if he weighs 150 soaking wet. 

eta: Looks like the last mission team leaves on August 3, although they may bolt after the El Salvador trip which ends on the 27th. Has TLC arranged for Jeremy to plan his engagement filming for Jilly Muffin to be available for filming? 

http://www.soshope.org/serve-overseas/

Edited by Sew Sumi

Jill, just admit you need to come home to film for next seasons Jin-tacular courtship.

That show is their only work.  When you are given free places to live and can scam off of mindless sheep to pay for your groceries then they should be able to live quite nicely.  Lord knows Ben and Jessa do.   

• Love 6
(edited)

I can't find the pix now but I just saw it as I was flipping through the unread threads. I'm pretty sure the pix was Jill's counter because it was a mess. Anyway, there are two big bottles of Avon Skin So Soft sitting on the counter with is interesting because its suppose to ward off biting insects. Glad they seem to being doing at least that and its considered safer for kids than the more toxic bug sprays.

Someone please tell me Jill hasn't  been using Avon Skin So Soft in place of a proper insect repellent. PLEASE. http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/skeeters.asp

Edited by Portia
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Oh, and we've seen them insta post eating every large  American fast food chain down there. It's not like fast food is rare.

Yes, they've been so deprived. All in the name of the lord. :/

• Love 1

I guess there's not a Chick Fil a where they are...I don't usually eat fast food, but when I do.....if I must eat it, CFA is usually better than most fast food choices. They've been around for a long time....and there's nothing else quite like it...and they're always reliably clean..

No doubt for Duggars, C F A is fine dining...LOL..

.Jilly did say they've been battling traveler's "stuff", which is not surprising. If it "lays you out" for a week at a time, they should get checked for parasites, particularly if she wants to get pregnant again. That part of the world is notorious for parasites, which is why people drink tequila and mezcal  and other regional distilled spirits to kill some of the bugs. Jerick won't touch that stuff even though it might help. 

I always drink plenty of tequila when I'm in Mexico and only eat at the AI resort or approved places on their tours.  Never got sick yet.

(edited)

Of all the dumbass things Jill does, i can't crucify her for using Skin So Soft for mosquitos.

Funny, I'm usually sitting here getting impatient with  other posters for all their  nitpicking about Bumbo chairs and whatnot. But I honestly can't  fathom  a fertile American in that part of the world not heeding  the friggin'  CDC guidelines for insect repellents. If they're  not using the good bug spray, I sure hope she's  not pregnant  and is using reliable  birth control methods.

http://www.cdc.gov/zika/prevention/

https://www.avon.com/product/45388/skin-so-soft-original-bath-oil-spray?setlang=en

Edited by Portia
  • Love 7

Ah now lads!! I was getting all het up on reading about man buns..........and what did I have to see? Derick with a kind of weird hairknot?? I thought you were talking about man bums....*goes off to sulk in a major strop....damn those language differences.

I don't care what Jilly Muffins says, he does not look healthy. At all. In fact, that greasy hair looks bloody awful.

Surely even the dimmest of the dim must now see what a sham they are?? Wasting other people's money, not learning Spanish at all, going home all the blood time...

• Love 3

Jilly did say they've been battling traveler's "stuff", which is not surprising.

She denies Zika, but doesn't seem to realize that Zika symptoms can be exactly what she described. It's a mild virus that you may not even notice having. Truly a medical professional midwife.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

She denies Zika, but doesn't seem to realize that Zika symptoms can be exactly what she described. It's a mild virus that you may not even notice having. Truly a wannabe medical professional midwife.

Fixed it for you.

• Love 8
(edited)

One would know if one has travelers diarrhea, however one may not know if one has Zika.

God also gave us common sense, such as the sense to avoid areas where Zika is common...facts never concern the Duggars.  Remember, these people think The Creation Museum is real science.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Portia said:

Someone please tell me Jill hasn't  been using Avon Skin So Soft in place of a proper insect repellent. PLEASE. http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/skeeters.asp

Maybe they're using it on Izzy and using the heavy stuff on themselves? Zika isn't likely to cause much harm to Iz - any sickness is usually minor and he doesn't have to worry about passing it on to a woman for another 18 years or so. I wouldn't want to slather my young child with massive amounts of Deet unless the risk was serious.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Clemgo3165 said:

Maybe they're using it on Izzy and using the heavy stuff on themselves? Zika isn't likely to cause much harm to Iz - any sickness is usually minor and he doesn't have to worry about passing it on to a woman for another 18 years or so. I wouldn't want to slather my young child with massive amounts of Deet unless the risk was serious.

Good point. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Portia said:

Someone plase tell me Jill hasn't  been using Avon Skin So Soft in place of a proper insect repellent. PLEASE. http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/skeeters.asp

Oh, I didn't mean to start that but you're probably right about something so serious. I had just purchased some because I was getting bite while out walking the dog and it seems to have worked on the what I think were critters in the grass getting my ankles and probably mosquitos biting my arms. Its why I noticed the bottles on the counter.

• Love 1
On July 2, 2016 at 9:07 PM, cmr2014 said:

I only read part of it, but it is scary.

In the short segement that I read, he mentioned suicide three times. It's entirely possible to have serious clinical depression without thinking of suicide. It is not helpful to those people to continue to equate depression with suicidal tendencies. I'm not suicidal, so I must just be fine -- maybe I just need to pray more . . .

He also mentioned seeing a "Christian counselor" which seems like a huge breakthrough when you consider the source, but as Riverblue22 mentioned, the value of a "Christian counselor" is questionable.

He mentioned at least three times that he has no knowledge on the subject, and then continued to blather on and on. There is a reason why legitimate missionaries have credentials and training. There is a reason why legitimate pastors are educated and serve under senior clergy members for a number of years. Derick is an idiot and he doesn't even know that he's an idiot, and there's no one who is in charge down there who is monitoring his idiocy on-line.

There are quite good Christian counselors who have their doctorates in counseling and then also have degrees in theology. Since my husband died in February, I've been seeing such a counselor. About 95% of our therapy is traditional therapy. I'm the one who, at times, relates it to my belief structure. I'm certain that is not what Derrick means, however. 

• Love 7

Evidently there are  many "lay" counselors as I learned when my cousin the insurance agent took 2 online courses to become a pastoral counselor in his Baptist Church. Kind of horrifying to me that someone with no expertise nor experience in dealing with mental health issues can "counsel" people. He noticed my eyebrows raising and i kept my mouth shut. They are also the kind of Baptist church that believes homosexuality is a sin, gay marriage should be  illegal, and we are all descended from Noah. And yea the world is 6000 years old.

• Love 1

I predict next season will include a cliffhanger episode about Derick's health and/or Jill possibly being pregnant and infected with Zika. 

I hope Derick sees a doctor when he gets back to the US. If this rapid weight loss isn't from the jaw surgery, then I bet he has a parasite. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mbutterfly said:

There are quite good Christian counselors who have their doctorates in counseling and then also have degrees in theology. Since my husband died in February, I've been seeing such a counselor. About 95% of our therapy is traditional therapy. I'm the one who, at times, relates it to my belief structure. I'm certain that is not what Derrick means, however. 

I am so sorry about your husband passing. Hoping that good memories and the support of your therapist will comfort you.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

image.jpeg

That is incorrect! Garlic dog is adorable, man buns aren't. But, despite my hatred of the look, I support anyone's right to wear their hair however they like, and if Derrick's new man bun annoys JB, well that's just a bonus.

• Love 11
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:17 PM, JoanArc said:

Nice to see God spared Derick from getting electrocuted . I'm sure Rigo will convert any day now too.

I feel so sorry for Rigo. He's paralyzed so he can't get away when Derrick comes over with Christian videos.  Hasn't the  poor man suffered enough?

• Love 12

Mbutterfly, so sorry about your husband. 

I have gone to marriage counseling with Christian counselors and was very pleased.  God did not come up often, actually. I'm sure there are some flakes, which appear in every profession, but my counselor was a LMSW with about 20yrs of experience. 

Derick is an idiot and really shouldn't be talking about depression.  He has no training in any mental health fields. I also get very annoyed with the implication that depression is a spiritual issue.  Was Cathy's cancer a spiritual issue?  Why didn't she pray harder??? Oh no, she went for top medical treatment, which really was a miracle and not the skill of a doctor...so why even go to an oncologist to begin with??   But if you're depressed, pray harder?  Dickweed Derick, it doesn't work that way. Might want to get some training before you advise people.  Not to mention the fact, Derick looks like he needs a doctor himself.  Such hypocrisy. 

I agree, poor Ringo, he can't get away from Derick and his annoying sermons. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, kalamac said:

That is incorrect! Garlic dog is adorable, man buns aren't. But, despite my hatred of the look, I support anyone's right to wear their hair however they like, and if Derrick's new man bun annoys JB, well that's just a bonus.

Garlic dog is rocking the look...most muns look like they stuck a head of garlic on their heads, and for many, it's an improvement.  I too would be the man bun's biggest fan if it pissed Boob off!!!

• Love 1

It is still possible to screw that up.  Not everything canned, frozen, or packaged, is actually fully cooked and ready to eat.  It's usually cheaper when it is still an ingredient.  I buy fully cooked ham and fully cooked sausage, if I am paying attention.  

Whatever happened to Jill playing doctor in Danger America?  Is she still trying to pull that off?  I remember the eye glasses prop (to try and make her look smarter) and that tri-corder looking thing she used at one point.  Maybe the locals figured she really didn't meet the qualifications.  She's not delivering babies all over town like she was trying to make it appear she'd be doing before she left.  

• Love 11
48 minutes ago, kassygreene said:

It is still possible to screw that up.  Not everything canned, frozen, or packaged, is actually fully cooked and ready to eat.  It's usually cheaper when it is still an ingredient.  I buy fully cooked ham and fully cooked sausage, if I am paying attention.  

Nothing wrong with that....I don't cook fresh food all the time either...the only reason I snark on it is that all these girls were supposedly prepared for was to get married...you'd think they'd have more skills

• Love 6