Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

In all the baby sling photos, have we even seen any part of Iz??? Maybe he's not even in there!

Jilly the Magician makes her baby disappear for the presses!. But seriously, the way she holds him in that thing looks like it would hurt.

Jilly the Magician makes her baby disappear for the presses!. But seriously, the way she holds him in that thing looks like it would hurt.

I don't get why she's holding a 10+ pound baby right against where her c-section incision would be. No wonder she looked like she was in agony walking out of church.

• Love 2

Regarding the whole baby sling - even I could tell that the sling was improperly put on and the baby was too low.   As we talk about it, will Jill really know that she is doing the sling thing wrong?  They don't have television, they are not allowed to be on "heathen" websites, they don't read magazines - so how will she know to correct it?  Unless the producers tell her and teach her how to do it correctly.

Josiah and Marjorie are standing pretty close together in that picture.  Jim Bob jumped between Jill and Derrick when they were walking in Nepal.  And one of the couples (Jessa and Ben?)  wasn't allowed to hold hands when they were praying.  By the time the littles are in a courtship, they might be shacking up in the shed.

That would be Marjorie`s dad's job to protect his little girl's honor, not Jim Bob's. Jim Bob never looked like he was jumping in between Josh and Anna when they courted. I don't see Jim Bob volunteering to do another man's job, although I am quite sure he'd have plenty of advice on how to do it right aka The Duggar Way.

• Love 1

To be on a fair playing field, we never saw Josh's courtship phase. The show only picked up the phony call to Pa Keller to ask for Anna's hand in marriage. That said, with both families heavily into Gothard, and no cameras to record things, I bet it was still super restrictive. They have only loosened up, outwardly, to conform to their mainstream fans who basically write their paychecks. Their social media proves that they are the same closed-minded bigots that they have always been, now in more user-friendly packaging.

• Love 6
(edited)

Well Kate has been admitted to hospital and Jill can kiss her lovely People magazine articles goodbye.  No one is going to give a damn about Iz or Jessa's maternity plans once the little prince/princess is born.  Sorry Iz, I guess your five minutes of fame are over already! 

Edited by ChocolateAddict
  • Love 4
(edited)

I don't get why she's holding a 10+ pound baby right against where her c-section incision would be. No wonder she looked like she was in agony walking out of church.

This is what I don't understand. Wearing your baby incorrectly is just uncomfortable! I could always tell when my daughter slipped out of position when I wore her because my back would start to hurt. I can't imagine how it feels to have that huge baby pressed up against a fresh c-section incision along with the added pressure to her back.

Edited by Upallnight
  • Love 1
Well Kate has been admitted to hospital and Jill can kiss her lovely People magazine articles goodbye.  No one is going to give a damn about Iz or Jessa's maternity plans once the little prince/princess is born.  Sorry Iz, I guess your five minutes of fame are over already!

And Kate's already delivered a baby girl. That was fast! Kate appears to have had the quick and unproblematic birth that Jill was hoping for (hospitals and real doctors aside).

• Love 6

To be on a fair playing field, we never saw Josh's courtship phase. The show only picked up the phony call to Pa Keller to ask for Anna's hand in marriage. That said, with both families heavily into Gothard, and no cameras to record things, I bet it was still super restrictive. They have only loosened up, outwardly, to conform to their mainstream fans who basically write their paychecks. Their social media proves that they are the same closed-minded bigots that they have always been, now in more user-friendly packaging.

They did show some courting.   It was unforgettable because they held hands from the moment of Anna saying yes and never stopped. They were having holding hand sex, thats the only description I can come up with.    It was so funny, that it was parodied in one of the Kid Farm videos.

Kate had a baby girl! Jilly Muffin and Jessa can kiss those People articles goodbye!

I wish.  Of course there will be a cover featuring the new princess, but People will not get the access to the Royal Family for a stream of never ending articles.

Jessa may lose her "We're Pregnant!!!" cover, but my guess is the articles will continue.

You know an evil person , which I'm obviously not , could now come to the conclusion that Kate is better at this giving birth thing than Miss Professional  Blessing Birther Dillard .

• Love 18

Jessa may lose her "We're Pregnant!!!" cover, but my guess is the articles will continue.

She had one, but it was in the sidebar, not the main part of the cover. I'm sure Jill laughed.

• Love 1

You know an evil person , which I'm obviously not , could now come to the conclusion that Kate is better at this giving birth thing than Miss Professional  Blessing Birther Dillard .

Oh yes.  Baby was born after 3 hours in the hospital, and 9 hours later mum was in a lovely dress (with heels!) looking gorgeous and on her way home.  That's a super birther. ;)

• Love 11

First look of Jll's Special Delivery Episode

Warning:  There will be a high pitched sound close to the end.  It may hurt your ears. =p

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/

I haven't watched this show for a while and except for that high pitched sound I enjoyed watching the second half of this snippet.

Since you mentioned there was a second half, I forced myself to get through that segment with Josie and her parents, and I'm glad I did. That was a really sweet scene with Derick and his mom. I actually cried. Like big, heaping, ugly tears. 

• Love 2

Jill could have had a much smoother delivery and kept her super-birther status if she hadn't been so damned stubborn. In her mind 70 hours of labor is a martyr mommy badge of honor. To the rest of the world it's foolishness.

• Love 13

Headline - Jill Duggar 'I suffered more than Kate'.

It's not long till she's allowed to have sex again, according to the old testament. We'll be seeing Izzy holding the pee stick soon enough.

• Love 7

And Kate's already delivered a baby girl. That was fast! Kate appears to have had the quick and unproblematic birth that Jill was hoping for (hospitals and real doctors aside).

That was the first thing that popped into my head when I heard that Kate delivered in less than three hours after entering the hospital, and walked out ten hours later.  Jill must be dying.  Hee!

• Love 5

It's not long till she's allowed to have sex again, according to the old testament. We'll be seeing Izzy holding the pee stick soon enough.

I'm still betting she's hoping to announce her second pregnancy when Anna's in labor.

• Love 6

I'm still betting she's hoping to announce her second pregnancy when Anna's in labor.

Hmm, I see this as a really fun theme to play around with.

Jill is going to be institutionalized because the doctor tells her she turned her clown car into a used double wide trailer.   Josie will raise Izzy and marry Derrick.

Anna will give birth in the clearance aisle of Hobby Lobby, then continue shopping afterwards.   Top that, you sister in law biotches.

Jessa will not even realize she has given birth and Bin will think the baby is a toy from their wedding registry.

• Love 12

Jill outdid Kate in the PG photos.  Why didn't Kate copy Jill and take pictures of the bump, pumpkin, mountain she held inside her?  Why no shots released of the number of days and weeks with one arm emphasing the pregnancy from underneath with a hand on top of the thing so we all clearly knew its size?  How is it that Kate's hair looks good exiting the hospital and that she had on a nice dress?  Surely we know Jill had plenty of help in the hospital, and sisters doing her hair, and the baby Dillard will have more help that Kate will have.  Sure, Kate's mom and a nanny will be there, but Jill has an enormous family and friends who are really in to babies.  I'm sure Kate is more of a mother to her son than Jill will ever be to hers.

I really don't see the point in comparing Jill and Kate - their circumstances couldn't be more different. I think holding any mother up to the Kate standard is unfair.

Couldn't agree more. Any woman would look good ten hours after birth if they had a glam squad arrive at the hospital to do their hair, makeup and dress them in a perfectly tailored designer outfit before they're discharged It's Kate's job to be camera ready at all times. She's not going to walk out dressed in sweats, although maybe she wishes she could! Jill has never been a slave to beauty or fashion and that's okay, different strokes for different folks.

• Love 14

With her next labor she will labor for 100 hours and refuse to go to the hospital because of the fact her sister and sister in law had the perfect home birth that she was denied the first time.

And she will delay the delivery so she can be in labor on Labor day and give birth to a 6 month old.  The baby's nose will get stuck and they will have to do another C section.

• Love 3

And she will delay the delivery so she can be in labor on Labor day and give birth to a 6 month old.  The baby's nose will get stuck and they will have to do another C section.

The reason will be that she had 70 and 100 hours of labor and that is why Labor Day is called that name according to SOTDT.

• Love 1

I really don't see the point in comparing Jill and Kate - their circumstances couldn't be more different. I think holding any mother up to the Kate standard is unfair.

This is very true. Kate Middleton, Jill Duggar - definitely apples and oranges. But the snarking is still fun. Jill, with her supreme air of superiority and perfection, does her bit to invite the snarking, IMO.

• Love 11

I am still very perplexed (and a bit horrified) regarding to Jill's tweet about men striving to be "servant leaders?" Can anyone shed light on this insanity?

I'm going to try (without going into too much "Church-see"). In Ephesians, Paul tells wives to submit, but he also tells husbands to serve their wives and give themselves up for her. So, when Jill uses the term "servant leader" in regards to Derrick, she's saying that he's the leader of their family, but, ideally, he's leading by serving and caring for them. It's one of those church terms that makes sense to people who speak the "church" language, but sounds strange to those who don't.

Hope that helped!

• Love 7

...In Ephesians, Paul tells wives to submit, but he also tells husbands to serve their wives and give themselves up for her. So, when Jill uses the term "servant leader" in regards to Derrick, she's saying that he's the leader of their family, but, ideally, he's leading by serving and caring for them...

So is that a dig at Derrick?  Did he disappoint Little Miss Perfect by deciding to go back to work instead of staying home to serve Jill?  I can't see her getting any guidance from him, as she appears to run everything by her father first.

Maybe Derrick should go back into the Prayer Closet (you know she has one) and pray some more until God tells him to do what Jill wants him to do.

• Love 3
(edited)

So is that a dig at Derrick?  Did he disappoint Little Miss Perfect by deciding to go back to work instead of staying home to serve Jill?  I can't see her getting any guidance from him, as she appears to run everything by her father first.

Maybe Derrick should go back into the Prayer Closet (you know she has one) and pray some more until God tells him to do what Jill wants him to do.

I fully-expected Derick to take the whole 90 days or whatever is allowed for FMLA and was stunned to hear he's actually going back to work now. I can't imagine that Jill is at all happy about that. Would love to why he's going back so soon. Feeling any kind of pressure from WalMart - or just his co-workers? Stressed-out and over-worked at home? Bored silly at home? Financial reasons? All of the above? I think for Derick, the bloom might be off the rose right about now.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 7

I have no idea re: why Derick would go back so soon, but I've known of people who split up their allowed time off, so I've heard some of the reasons for it.  I think they have up to a year to use the FMLA time?  In the cases I know of it came down to the couple knowing they'd have a lot of help and support early on after the baby was born, but that it'd taper off over time.  The husbands went back to work fairly quickly but then took time off later when the wife either needed more help, or went back to work (which I know won't be a 'problem' for Jill and Derick, but it's another reason I've heard).

• Love 1

I imagine he went back to work because it is in the best interest of his long- term career to do so. He has many more children coming to support. He needs to work. I bet even Jim Bob understands.

• Love 6
(edited)

I feel sorry if Derick doesn't have a blow out party planned for Jill's first Mother's Day. You know she is expecting one after she labored for  a whopping 70 hours. She could have died yo'all. (sp? I suck at being county signed City Girl from Chicago!)

Edited by Fuzzysox

I can't imagine that Jill is at all happy about that. Would love to why he's going back so soon. Feeling any kind of pressure from WalMart - or just his co-workers? Stressed-out and over-worked at home? Bored silly at home? Financial reasons? All of the above? I think for Derick, the bloom might be off the rose right about now.

Maybe he can drive himself to work and eat lunch in peace now. Poor man needs oxygen. As for the bloom being off the rose, I think he'll wake up one day and realize this is his life for now on. Won't be a good day.

• Love 4

I feel sorry if Derick doesn't have a blow out party planned for Jill's first Mother's Day. You know she is excepting one after she labored for  a whopping 70 hours. She could have died yo'all. (sp? I suck at being county signed City Girl from Chicago!)

No kidding. Although I hope they have something pretty special planned for Derick's mother too, considering it sounded for awhile there like she might not make it to this one. Maybe not a party, but something she'd appreciate that's better than a 5 minute Skype chat. And you know Mechelle is expecting something major since she has "delivered every one of them."  Sheesh, the pressure.

• Love 3