Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I am sure we will soon get to read a (fake)  story from Derick about someone who came to his church and found Jesus and is now saved from being gay. It will be as real as all the people he converted in Danger America. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Derick seems to be a Very low level person at Cross church. I don’t think he has any say so about any of the Cross Church events he’s posting about.  He wouldn’t be able to book, reserve the room for, and pay for this Monday  night speaker. He wouldn’t be able  to start a new church location.  He’s just able to tweet about them and invite people to attend.  I think peoples’ anger should be directed toward the senior pastor and board of directors of Cross Church.  As for them- pretty sure you now all know what they believe. 

I agree with you on this. Cross church is huge and has several Pastors, who would have made arrangements for Chalette to speak. Derick and the other ministers were probably just told to spread the word (hate). 

I do have issue with his first tweet,which came from his personal account. He welcomes those in the LGBTQ community to join him and his family for Sunday worship. He makes it sound like a kind and loving gesture , when it is just a ploy to lure them in.

So, I have come to the conclusion that the members of CC are wolves in sheeps clothing. Isn't there a parable on that.  You know, Jesus, who loved the poor, the diseased, the sinner, the prostitute, with no strings attached.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Wow, that looks painful. I guess it's true, Cathy does have his balls. 

Fine.....off to the prayer closet.

I thought he gave them to Jim Bob in exchange for a virgin wife.

• Love 18

Wow, I am surprised that a church as large as Cross is hosting an "ex-gay" speaker; that viewpoint has become increasingly controversial since Exodus International closed and so many former leaders in the movement have publicly acknowledged that it's ineffective and damaging.  

3 hours ago, questionfear said:

I once worked with a woman who was convinced she could convince me to pray away the gay. She told me I had the devil in my soul, and I told her I was aware but as long as he paid rent we were cool. She was not amused. 

My last day at that job she gave me a book on jesus teaching me to become an ex-gay. It had the gayest man and the butchest woman holding hands, and...yea. I politely accepted it and threw it in the trash when I left.

I'm so sorry you went through that with your co-worker.  I think I know the man who was on the cover of that book along with his "former lesbian" wife, but I can't remember their names at the moment.  If it's the guy I'm thinking of, he was publicly disgraced when he backslid into homosexual behavior. I think he's now an opponent of conversion therapy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/10/the-man-who-dismantled-the-ex-gay-ministry/408970/

Edited by Portia
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, questionfear said:

My last day at that job she gave me a book on jesus teaching me to become an ex-gay. It had the gayest man and the butchest woman holding hands, and...yea. I politely accepted it and threw it in the trash when I left.

Too bad you didn't scrawl 'emergency toilet paper supply' on the cover, and leave it next to a toilet in the employee restroom on the way out.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, emma675 said:

Rickey Chelette sounds like the stage name of drag queen in one of the square states.

6 hours ago, questionfear said:

I once worked with a woman who was convinced she could convince me to pray away the gay. She told me I had the devil in my soul, and I told her I was aware but as long as he paid rent we were cool. She was not amused. 

Going to need a new keyboard!

• Love 8
6 hours ago, questionfear said:

This reminded me of that episode of Will & Grace where Jack joins a conversion therapy group because he thinks the guy running it (Neil Patrick Harris) is hot.

He's then introduced to their most successful couple...

Screenshot_20180220-135027.thumb.jpg.84771fedc7b71d29a25bee14ab6a60ef.jpg

• Love 10

Derick really should just leave people alone.

I hate when people get all involved and pushy about any topic. Leave people alone Derick. Let them be or do whatever they want. It's not your business.  There are so many other things to do in life rather than telling others how to live. 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I hate when people get all involved and pushy about any topic. Leave people alone Derick. Let them be or do whatever they want. It's not your business.  There are so many other things to do in life rather than telling others how to live. 

May I court you? You are totally awesome, special, blessed, season of life with your totally awesome and special post.

6 hours ago, bythelake said:

Derick and the other ministers were probably just told to spread the word (hate). 

Derick is very, very low level at Cross Church.  He isn't even a minister of anything.  He's a student in their very costly "ministry" program.

• Love 17

Did Derick think that people wouldn’t find out about the lecture and the lecturer’s views?  Does he honestly think gay people and all of us who don’t worship the correct Jesus are that stupid and gullible, or is he just that arrogant and clueless? Or did he post the invitation knowing people would find out about the lecture and then attack him on social media so he could then claim persecution?  I don’t understand this guy’s thought process at all. 

• Love 11

It feels like this “church” is one money suck after another for their parishioners.  I wonder what the yearly “dues” are to belong and if they are forced to tithe if they are members.  

Honestly any education program sponsored by a church should be free.  This “ministry” program should be free to anyone and everyone who wants to be a missionary.  After all, isn’t the idea here to spread the Gospel?  The more who hear it the more people supposedly brought into the flock?

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, EVS said:

Did Derick think that people wouldn’t find out about the lecture and the lecturer’s views?  Does he honestly think gay people and all of us who don’t worship the correct Jesus are that stupid and gullible, or is he just that arrogant and clueless? Or did he post the invitation knowing people would find out about the lecture and then attack him on social media so he could then claim persecution?  I don’t understand this guy’s thought process at all. 

Don't fight it! Trying to figure him out would give you a really bad headache. I do not think he understands most of the crap he comes out with.

18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Don't fight it! Trying to figure him out would give you a really bad headache. I do not think he understands most of the crap he comes out with.

I’m trying to resist, lol. I got a headache just typing that post!

Edited by EVS
Clarity
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

It feels like this “church” is one money suck after another for their parishioners.  I wonder what the yearly “dues” are to belong and if they are forced to tithe if they are members.  

if it is a similar church to what i attend, we dont pay dues and we are not forced to tithe. however, i DO tithe because it is what i beleive in.   i know there are some religions that have these requirements of their members but i doubt that this church is in that group. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, EVS said:

I vote clueless - totally and he's found someone even more clueless than him so that he can feel superior in his cluelessness.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, zoomama said:

if it is a similar church to what i attend, we dont pay dues and we are not forced to tithe. however, i DO tithe because it is what i beleive in.   i know there are some religions that have these requirements of their members but i doubt that this church is in that group. 

How do these churches afford these huge glass and steel buildings?

• Love 5
16 hours ago, questionfear said:

It might have been that guy. The title was something about loving Jesus.

Honestly, I was secure enough in who I was to be amused, rather than angry. But it was really inappropriate of her. 

Paging Human Resources. Paging Human Resources. Amazing how things are in the workplace now in terms of political stances and personal lives. Your experience would never fly.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Tithing, from idiots, tuition like Derick's helps too. I guess it's easy from them to tithe 10% of 0 income. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

May I court you? You are totally awesome, special, blessed, season of life with your totally awesome and special post.

I love planning our PTV weddings! As soon as you put a ring on it, I shall start sewing modesty panels in the dresses!

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Tithing, from idiots, tuition like Derick's helps too. I guess it's easy from them to tithe 10% of 0 income. 

Yeah, these preachers learn who has money and exploit them.  While the church may not have a tithing requirement, the preacher knows how to massage the egos of the rich to get what the church needs.  Praise the rich guy from the pulpit for all his large donations, and other people will follow.  One of the Catholic churches where I live had a pastor like that for years.  A lot of us left because we could not take it anymore and moved over to the much more laidback church across town.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I love planning our PTV weddings! As soon as you put a ring on it, I shall start sewing modesty panels in the dresses!

I would like to announced our engagement! I cannot stop thinking about my totally special @Marigold  She even holds my hand when we are walking on the snow and ice to make sure I do not fall. *swoon* Sassy has been easy to bribe with cat treats, so she does not listen or report what we say to one another on the phone. And do not worry, we are not doing the sickening hand sex. None of that for us!

Edited by bigskygirl

My last day at that job she gave me a book on jesus teaching me to become an ex-gay. It had the gayest man and the butchest woman holding hands, and...yea.

That sounds like the camp that Jacks grandson on Will and Grace was sent to to “straighten him out”.  It was a hilarious episode. 

• Love 4
On 2/19/2018 at 7:05 PM, charmed1 said:

Oh please. The whole “same sex attraction” nonsense is the new phrase in the compassionate homophobic’s lexicon. It’s just another way of saying homosexuality is an affliction or illness, but now they can offer you “help” before you’re damned to hell.

Exactly! Whenever I read/hear someone using "same sex attraction" instead of gay, lesbian, homosexual, etc., I KNOW that the person/entity using the term is a homophobic bigot who thinks the gay can be prayed away. 

19 hours ago, Marigold said:

I hate when people get all involved and pushy about any topic. Leave people alone Derick. Let them be or do whatever they want. It's not your business.  There are so many other things to do in life rather than telling others how to live

Like getting a J-O-B. 

• Love 23
10 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

first, my church is a two story building and we use the gym to worship in on sundays. its like a school, i guess, with classrooms. 

as for money to build: well those big glass and fancy places have hundreds and hundreds of people who tithe and fund-raise for years to build. my church is much smaller. we all donated over several years and did things in stages (planning, blueprints etc) and did a lot of the work to actually build our building after meeting in a real school for many years.  no millionaire donors but plenty of little guys that supported the project. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I would like to announced our engagement! I cannot stop thinking about my totally special @Marigold  She even holds my hand when we are walking on the snow and ice to make sure I do not fall. *swoon* Sassy has been easy to bribe with cat treats, so she does not listen or report what we say to one another on the phone. And do not worry, we are not doing the sickening hand sex. None of that for us!

I'm so excited for you guys as you enter this new season of life. It's great to see what God has in store for my sweet friends. I can't wait to actually meet you at the wedding, and become dear friends! Just trying to decide on the gift... Fast food voucher so you can have a date (once married, of course!) in your car, or a homemade notice board.

Also happy to help organise this wedding, from bales of hay to pranks with the ring.

I just hope that Geegolly and Celia have arranged a marriage workshop so you can learn from them and their expert experience.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

BigSkyGirl likes my flamingos. 

We have been to Chik Fil A so many times! Tacos for Life. Coffee five times a day AND she is feeding me Tator Tot Casserole too.   My diarrhea is almost gone, so I'm taking that as a sign that I'm entering a new season of my life.

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 19
21 minutes ago, Marigold said:

BigSkyGirl likes my flamingos. 

We have been to Chik Fil A so many times! Tacos for Life. Coffee five times a day AND she is feeding me Tator Tot Casserole too.   My diarrhea is almost gone, so I'm taking that as a sign that I'm entering a new season of my life.

You sweet talker you! They know us by name at Chik Fil A. It is so sweet! I am so glad someone likes my Tator Tot Casserole. She almost hit Sassy with snowball, but Sassy forgave her.

And yes, I have put Peanut Butter M&M's on our wedding registry. Cannot have enough chocolate for me and my love.

Edited by bigskygirl
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

and hopefully a safeword! ;)

Of course! It's a magical land where other peoples' feelings matter A LOT. Admittedly, that will be something Derick will have to get used to. But don't worry, Derick...I'm sure you'll find plenty of inspiration. Once you uncork that bottle, my friend....

Edited by Aja
  • Love 8