Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

If I were Derick's mom, I would be VERY concerned about my son. He truly does not look well.

We know he had all that surgery and it changed his face...ok...but...what IS this???? This is not the result of some surgery. Something is very wrong here. 

• Love 3

I don't think he looks that bad. All that hair adds some weight to his otherwise Olive Oil-ish figure.

I think he's attempting hippy jesus look.

He's definitely got that cray evangelical look in his eyes now tho!

They are both tree-huggin hippys is all.

• Love 3

Please, can someone more imaginative than I am caption what Izzy is thinking. We already have one suggestion above.

Derick is starting to look like Skeletor.

Good god I actually screamed aloud when this just came up in my instagram feed!!!! He is terrifying.

https://instagram.com/p/BBtEXmjLs8Z/

1491jqg.jpg

Even worse. He doesn't look like he's bathed in a month.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBtAuZSrs10/

2la4sgw.jpg

Holy shit. The top photo is terrifying. Derrick looks like he was beaten by the fugly stick. I hope selling his soul to TLC and the Duggars was worth it. Bro is looking like he's been run over by the Stink Bus.

• Love 1

I'm feeling sorry for Derrick because I'm thinking he may be so traumatized by what the surgery has done to his appearance that he's trying to hide behind the beard and now the long hair. He may be feeling really insecure, wondering what Jill is honestly thinking about him now. I wonder if Boob and MEchelle went over there to check for themselves on what's wrong with Derrick. Of course, feeling sorry for Derrick's appearance doesn't excuse him from his stupid choice of this missioncation. 

• Love 4

Maybe Derrick is passive-aggressively giving himself a face for radio. That picture is awful.

Maybe he's trying to find some way to mask the post-surgical crookedness of his face. I can see why you might think that a full beard and a lot of hair could help. In person, maybe it does actually help.

I don't see dirt, either. His skin looks clean enough. He has dark hair but that's, uh, hair, not dirt.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8

Derick looks horrible. Absolutely horrible. The pictures are shocking because Derick looked like a decent guy at one time. I can't decide if he looks filthy, has mental health issues or physical health issues. Or all three.

This is a missionary???? Doesn't their group have a general dress code? How do you go around "preaching and teaching" looking like a dirty hitchiker???

No snark-those pictures are ALARMING.

I don't think he looks dirty.  His fingernails are clean.  

He looks like he is just gone off the deep end. He just doesn't look well at all.  It's a drastic change from 8 months ago and not in a positive direction. It's not the beard or the long hair.  It's the "I don't give a crap" look that makes you wonder why, he suddenly looks like that and feels that way? 

Derick is a newly married, young man. He graduated college and has had jobs (other than cleaning Jim Bob's toilets). He thinks he is doing some important missionary work and asking for donations to fund his mission.  You would think he would want to present more of a professioanl and polished image, ya know? Part of being a missionary is being able to connect with other churches to send you money and promote your work. They often come and speak at churches.  Have prayer cards sent out with their pictures.   Derick and Jill were featured on Jill's own show...hello Derick?  THIS is your big fake missionary break!!! This is how you want to look? 

That messy, ungroomed look does not say "Fundamemtalist Baptist Missionary."  Not at all.  

I think Derick is not well physically or emotionally. 

I always thought Jill was the craziest of the entire group (exclusing Josh).  Maybe she is really hard to be married to? 

• Love 9

He looks like he is just gone off the deep end. He just doesn't look well at all.  It's a drastic change from 8 months ago and not in a positive direction. It's not the beard or the long hair.  It's the "I don't give a crap" look that makes you wonder why, he suddenly looks like that and feels that way? 

Derick is a newly married, young man. He graduated college and has had jobs (other than cleaning Jim Bob's toilets). He thinks he is doing some important missionary work and asking for donations to fund his mission.  You would think he would want to present more of a professioanl and polished image, ya know? Part of being a missionary is being able to connect with other churches to send you money and promote your work. They often come and speak at churches.  Have prayer cards sent out with their pictures.   Derick and Jill were featured on Jill's own show...hello Derick?  THIS is your big fake missionary break!!! This is how you want to look? 

That messy, ungroomed look does not say "Fundamemtalist Baptist Missionary."  Not at all.  

I think Derick is not well physically or emotionally. 

I always thought Jill was the craziest of the entire group (exclusing Josh).  Maybe she is really hard to be married to? 

It is all a little curious. Is he hiding his orthodontia healing face? Is he lazy? Is he depressed? Maybe they think they are looking bohemian. Curiouser and curiouser.

• Love 5

On one level I sort of get the mindset that comes with evangelical beliefs - they truly feel that every person they cannot convert is irredeemably bound for eternal torture. The thing that I really don't fathom, though, is just how someone comes to that conclusion with even the tiniest bit of realization that those who believe in other things may be just as convinced that THEY have the right answer. It really all boils down to the fact that not all the religions/sects out there can be right, but they CAN all be wrong. And there are literally thousands of variations. So the chance that your belief is the ultimate truth is miniscule at best. What if you unwittingly turn someone FROM a belief which was actually closer and you are among the delusional? Believe what you believe, if you must. Share if asked, by all means, but otherwise, just keep it to yourself.

I think that's the whole crux of the religion problem in general, and a good chunk of the bloodiest times in history are a direct result of exactly this. But people who are extremely tied to their ideology and belief system, particularly when their belief system is essentially also their lifestyle, genuinely do not get this concept. I was brought up very religiously and I remember this very thing hitting me when I was around high-school age, and it totally blew my ever-loving mind. It's total common sense, but it really doesn't occur to everyone.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 8

I agree with the posters saying he is hiding his face with the beard.

He can spout all the baloney he wants. There is NO reason they can't be helpful down there. Working full time along the woman at the orphanage would go a long way to get people to find you appealing and help them learn a language.

• Love 7

I saw that photo and thought of you guys.

Green Shirt has returned!  Can't Mary have an accident with the bleach and kill that thing?

Michelle's naturally curly hair has gone straight...hmmm....usually curly hair gets curlier in humidity. Michelle's hair has been exposed as fake. (we already knew that though)

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 1

Green Shirt has returned!  Can't Mary have an accident with the bleach and kill that thing?

Michelle's naturally curly hair has gone straight...hmmm....usually curly hair gets curlier in humidity. Michelle's hair has been exposed as fake.

Oh please! We all know she uses Toni's Home Perm!

Maybe she is really hard to be married to? 

I expect all the Duggar kids are pretty hard to be married to.

In my family, it's absolutely been the case that spouses find out too late that they're actually married to the family dictators as much as they're married to their partners. And it's very tough to deal with because the influences that bug the marriers-in are largely unconscious ones and mainly consist of internal controls that beat people up from the inside if they veer from their childhood indoctrination. This kind of thing is very very hard to wean a partner away from, first because people don't even realize that they have such processes going on inside and second because the attitudes and behaviors were ground into them so young that they're nearly hard-wired and extremely difficult to eradicate, even assuming you can get someone to realize that they're there.

Marrying a Duggar will always be marrying a mean little Jim Bob and Michelle buried deep in your beloved's brain, directing his or her behavior and attitudes with a power you'll never attain (or driving him or her nuts and causing him/her to act out against the little internal JB and M -- this might be Joshley's state, mainly). In either case, JB and M are directing a lot of your partner's behavior, and your influence doesn't stand much of a chance, quite often.

She's tried. But so far she's only managed to bleach six of them.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12

Just UGH. I can't stand MIchelle and Jim Bob anymore. Every picture I see now just screams deranged assholes. I don't seem to mind any of the kids nearly as much, not even Jessa. But Bob and Mullet genuinely turn my stomach now.

• Love 5

Anyone think D&J flew to Arkansas for a few days, shot talking heads or other TV footage, picked up JB&M then came home to SA?

Marrying a Duggar will always be marrying a mean little Jim Bob and Michelle buried deep in your beloved's brain, directing his or her behavior and attitudes with a power you'll never attain

SPOT ON.

• Love 1

I'm trying to figure out what difficulties Derick is talking about?

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,20987054,00.html?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

Don't worry. I'm sure they'll be revealed in the upcoming season of 28 Dependents and Counting (29 If You Count Michelle): The New Show We Were Counting on Is Here!

Once again, Duggar-affiliated young people learn to treat their whole lives as teasers for a tv show.

• Love 13

Jill & Derick need to understand basic psychology. No one needs life saving gospel if their basics needs aren't met.

"The deficiency, or basic needs are said to motivate people when they are unmet. Also, the need to fulfil such needs will become stronger the longer the duration they are denied. For example, the longer a person goes without food the more hungry they will become.

One must satisfy lower level basic needs before progressing on to meet higher level growth needs. Once these needs have been reasonably satisfied, one may be able to reach the highest level called self-actualization.

Every person is capable and has the desire to move up the hierarchy toward a level of self-actualization. Unfortunately, progress is often disrupted by failure to meet lower level needs."

maslow1.jpg

Makes perfect sense; I can do little else when I'm hungry.  Almost literally.  I am one hangry bitch.

I think the fundies would think, oddly enough, that to look "uniform-y" on a mission in the manner of traditional red-dress Duggar, would make the people instead think they're godless misguided Mormons.  How and why they think this without seeing the clear parallels exist already in the matchy-matchy and "modest" clothing arena, I don't know.

• Love 3

I'm trying to figure out what difficulties Derick is talking about?

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,20987054,00.html?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

"We have been stretched in ways that we could not have imagined in recent days, of which I will not go into the details on at this time," Derick wrote, "but we have confidence and trust in the Lord’s faithfulness in that which He has called us."

Me too. My mind went straight to Zika. Is Jill pregnant? Are they considering birth control. Did they ask mommy & daddy to pray with them about it? I just can't imagine that anyone with their means would put a baby at risk.

But then again, maybe Derick stopped making Jilly breakfast, and they had their first fight.

• Love 6

I like to compare the wedding day lack of footwear for Jill & her grubby bare feet vs. Alyssa Bates in her hot pink high heels. Michaela Bates looked like she had on satin ballerina flats which is a style Jill could have worn.

I had a friend who wore plain white sneakers under her wedding dress. No one saw them but she wanted to be comfortable. Flats are a good option too. But bare feet really does just boggle the mind. WHY??? Then her comment that she liked the height difference was just bizarre. Derick is already tall and flats would have added what, a quarter or half an inch? I guess maybe I'd understand it if they were the same height or Jill was taller and felt awkward but it was nothing like that.

Jill seems to not care about her appearance, but I wonder if it was a shock to Jessa when her own body didn't "snap back".

She seemed really, really hung up about her appearance while pregnant. Remember she said she was refusing to let Ben pick her up until she lost all the pregnancy weight? She started out tiny -- maybe 105 -- and I really doubt she added more than 25 pounds. Can I just say that I would kill to be anywhere approaching that weight?? But how is she going to handle subsequent pregnancies, and yes, her post pregnancy appearance? I think between that, and the whole adoption plan, which requires that you can't adopt when you're either pregnant or have a child under nine months, birth control is definitely in the works.

I had a friend who wore plain white sneakers under her wedding dress. No one saw them but she wanted to be comfortable. Flats are a good option too. But bare feet really does just boggle the mind. WHY??? Then her comment that she liked the height difference was just bizarre. Derick is already tall and flats would have added what, a quarter or half an inch? I guess maybe I'd understand it if they were the same height or Jill was taller and felt awkward but it was nothing like that.

It was Jessa who was barefoot at her own wedding, not Jill.

It was Jessa who was barefoot at her own wedding, not Jill.

It was Jill that was barefoot at her wedding. She said she always dreamed of being barefoot at her wedding and she sure was with her nasty dirty feet. Gross!!

• Love 4

It was Jill that was barefoot at her wedding. She said she always dreamed of being barefoot at her wedding and she sure was with her nasty dirty feet. Gross!!

Looks like they were both barefoot brides.  I agree that it was gross – and germy.

• Love 1

"We have been stretched in ways that we could not have imagined in recent days, of which I will not go into the details on at this time," Derick wrote, "but we have confidence and trust in the Lord’s faithfulness in that which He has called us."

Me too. My mind went straight to Zika. Is Jill pregnant? Are they considering birth control. Did they ask mommy & daddy to pray with them about it? I just can't imagine that anyone with their means would put a baby at risk.

But then again, maybe Derick stopped making Jilly breakfast, and they had their first fight.

Hmm yeah I went to thoughts of a baby too but then I thought what is the worst thing a fundie could hear and that would be I'm Catholic get the hell out of our town. That my friends would be a challenge I can see them facing without any clue how to overcome the horror of it happening. lol

• Love 3

Who knows what 'stretched' means to these nutjobs. Maybe the local Pizza Hut stopped delivering to their apartment, maybe they ate a bad batch of guacamole.

They tend to take every minor event and setback in life and blow it out of proprotion. Remember TFDW's pecan story? And Terrified Maxwell's battle with Pepsi?

• Love 6

In their case, the problem could be Jill might have to raise her child without her sisters helping her out, she is struggling to learn Spanish because Izzy is a hand full, Derick is not allowed to go to the bathroom without her, Derick is trying to sneak out of the apartment more to get away from her clinginess, she is not pregnant, she is pregnant, they are struggling to make sure the attention is on them because they got married and had a kid before Jessa and Benjermin or the natives are not buying their religious teaching and do not want Jill to take care of the pregnant women. The horrors!!!

Don't Derick and Jill have to release the Financials for their non-profit? That is going to be one verrryyy interesting report.

I just wonder if they created all this 'overseas' somehow.. so the money flows into CA? Is there a way for them to do that?

I just wonder if they created all this 'overseas' somehow.. so the money flows into CA? Is there a way for them to do that?

I don't think so because they were granted 501c status here, meaning they're accountable to the IRS. I'm honestly shocked they've been able to publicly get away with such an obvious scam. Jill and Derick have done absolutely nothing in all this time to warrant the amount of donations they've likely received.

• Love 3

I don't think so because they were granted 501c status here, meaning they're accountable to the IRS. I'm honestly shocked they've been able to publicly get away with such an obvious scam. Jill and Derick have done absolutely nothing in all this time to warrant the amount of donations they've likely received..

60 Minutes... here is a story for ya.. scam missionaries.

• Love 4

Oh goody. It looks like TLC flew Boob and Mechelle to CA for a photo op. Will that green shirt just go away and die?

PS: Derick still looks like crap, but I will give him props for not keeping up the typical fundie hairdo. That beard tho...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBvGHHnA4ij/?taken-by=freejinger

I think Michelle is purposing to gain weight because she can't get big pregnant anymore.  Poor JB can't do the hands around the wife's pregnant stomach pose anymore.  I've heard that 'green shirt'  is good luck for conceiving.  Not going to happen Michelle.  The fertility doctor you went to see couldn't even make you fertile again.  I think Derick is trying to look like Jesus to fool the locals into thinking he's the second coming and his difficulties are all about not being able to do that.

• Love 4

60 Minutes... here is a story for ya.. scam missionaries.

I wonder if my boo Lester Holt from Dateline would take the story? Or does someone need to be murdered to make that show?

I'm sure Pickles and FJ will be all over it, especially if Jilly Muffin and Derick aren't forthcoming with the documents.

• Love 1

Is it a scam if they promised nothing?

Seems to me that they said they'd go to Central America and act as the kind of missionaries who talk to people about the importance of adopting the right kind of Christian faith and that the money given would support -- i.e., pay the salaries and expenses of -- the missionaries doing this. And they're the missionaries.  They also said they'd assist visiting missioncationers in spreading the same Gospel, and they've done that too.

Doesn't seem to me they lied or made unkept promises at all. Anybody who gave money thinking that the Dills would dig wells or support orphans or build community centers or the like simply wasn't paying attention.

If the IRS accepts straight-up religious "work" as an acceptable nonprofit enterprise -- and this is Amurca, so they do -- then I don't see that there's any grounds at all for calling the Dills' activities a scam. To call it a scam, they'd have to call many other now tax-exempt religious enterprises scams. Lots of plain old stateside churches, for example, don't do much of anything except preach their preferred theology, maintain their expensive buildings and run social events for their own congregations -- who in some cases are downright wealthy -- and they get that tax-free status too. I don't see that changing any time soon. I would guess that most of the religious activities that involve tax-free donations are not what we might consider "charitable work" unless you define preaching and sharing a specific theology as such work. Everybody here hates the Dillards, but if they're doing a scam, so are a lot of other people.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8

The less the Dullards interact with "Central Murcans", the better. Jill's Español tutor is obviously humouring her. The money, even if it's spent on voluntourism. rather than a genuine mission, does get spent in "Central Murca" so it ultimately does help "Central Murcans".

• Love 2