Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial#!/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.516618088471845.1073741827.510067475793573/778583508941967/?type=3&source=54

Izzy with his grandpa

I do hope Izzy has mosquito repellent rubbed into those bare, extra- long arms. Sunscreen too!

Is it me or does that look like any shopping plaza you'd find in the US? Who exactly are they helping down there? Because from the looks of it, the Dullards are residing in Latino Suburbia.

• Love 9

It doesn't matter if Izzy gets a mosquito bite.  He isn't pregnant, and the worst that could happen is guilen-barrie where the paralysis is usually temporary.  NBD to the Dullards, and they could credit God with curing him through prayer.  

• Love 5

Micks Picks I was just thinking about that earlier. It seems the biggest risk by far is to pregnant women and fetuses, not really adults (who aren't pregnant), kids, or even babies/toddlers. I saw a start earlier that 1 in 5 people never even show symptoms. I really hope they're taking precautions to keep Jill from getting bit or better yet keep her from getting pregnant while they're there.

• Love 2

Micks Picks I was just thinking about that earlier. It seems the biggest risk by far is to pregnant women and fetuses, not really adults (who aren't pregnant), kids, or even babies/toddlers. I saw a start earlier that 1 in 5 people never even show symptoms. I really hope they're taking precautions to keep Jill from getting bit or better yet keep her from getting pregnant while they're there.

Zika can also be transmitted through semen, so Derick needs to take precautions as well.  The government is recommending that pregnancies be avoided by use of birth control or abstinence.  (Can't imagine the Dillards choosing either of those options!)

• Love 5

Zika can also be transmitted through semen, so Derick needs to take precautions as well.  The government is recommending that pregnancies be avoided by use of birth control or abstinence.  (Can't imagine the Dillards choosing either of those options!)

Not that this would help the Dillards, but I believe the Pope is approving the use of birth control in Zika risk areas.

The CDC is saying the Zika virus is present in semen and saliva. So Jill is at triple the risk because she could conceivably catch it from both Iz & Derick or a mosquito bite. And though symptoms are often mild, the long term effects of having had the virus are not fully known.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 4

Is it me or does that look like any shopping plaza you'd find in the US? Who exactly are they helping down there? Because from the looks of it, the Dullards are residing in Latino Suburbia.

Hey, there are plenty of Catholics in Latino Suburbia, too. Wouldn't be fair for them to be left behind.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

One of the symptoms of Zika in pink-eye. Izzy's left eye has looked bad in more than one pic. Zika is now being linked to miscarriages as well. I wonder if Derick's cryptic post had to do with Jill miscarrying, and that will be part of the story line for the new show.

Nothing could make me understand Jill & Derick staying in place which increases the risk of birth defects and not using birth control. NOTHING!

• Love 2

One of the symptoms of Zika in pink-eye. Izzy's left eye has looked bad in more than one pic. Zika is now being linked to miscarriages as well. I wonder if Derick's cryptic post had to do with Jill miscarrying, and that will be part of the story line for the new show.

Nothing could make me understand Jill & Derick staying in place which increases the risk of birth defects and not using birth control. NOTHING!

Even though I don't agree with most Duggar beliefs and ideas, I was brought up to respect their dedication to what they believe in....however I was also taught to discern when adherence to ideas or beliefs no longer made sense...particularly endangerment to health. For instance if one is a devout Muslim and a diabetic, he/she is not required to fast during Ramadan, because it's dangerous to do so.

The Catholic Church has been unwavering on birth control but even they have issued a dispensation regarding Zika. Seeing those precious babies with these tiny heads is heartbreaking and seeing their heartbroken parents know their baby if it even survives is going to endure a lifetime of suffering.

Just because we trust God to see us through whatever trials we may have, I believe He expects us to use the good sense He gave us as well. ..not just completely abdicate good sense and judgment for "come what may".

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 15

This is the type of irresponsible thing that spreads like wildfire and within minutes becomes solid truth. 

• Love 3

This is the type of irresponsible thing that spreads like wildfire and within minutes becomes solid truth. 

In my experience, posters in this forum are careful about acknowledging speculation vs. fact. We speculate a lot on these boards and I don't know that any sentiment expressed here has been picked up by the press and turned into a 'fact'. It's difficult to see so many children in such vulnerable positions, to watch them being continuously exploited for profit, and not worry. 

Edited by Aja
  • Love 9

I guess you have a point. It's just when reading through the forums a lot of the time there are rumors that were started ages ago that are still being spouted as fact and it turns into a lot of confusion and then all of a sudden people start "remembering" things they saw on the show or an interview that never happened. 

• Love 3

I get what you're saying, Redlaces. It actually annoys me too when fourteenth-tier gossip sites run articles about "DUGGAR DIVORCE SHOCKER!!11!!!" and the like because, like you, I am only interested in the truth!

Sorry 'bout that. I thought my post was clear that it came from a speculative questioning point of view.

However I would like to point out that I did not post pictures of the Dillard's son clearly showing something amiss with his eye, nor did I post a cryptic message on their blog. They control what pictures and words they post, and they also know that folks speculate.

I will also point out that my post is rather tame in comparison to many, and I'm a bit surprised that you picked this one to attack.

• Love 5

You're right GeeGolly, and I am sorry about that. I was just catching up and read through several threads and lots of pages. Babies being suffocated, killed by hammocks, black eyes, busted lips, etc.. Yours was just the last one so yours was the one I quoted. It was tame in comparison, so I am sorry. I swear I'm not evil, I just get snarky when I read nothing but pure and utter bullshit. (not your post) It just seems to be constant. I can't stand these fuckers as much as most on here. I just get frustrated when someone posts something that has no basis in fact and then it becomes "fact" and haunts the forums forever over and over again and people will swear on their children they remember it happening. It's odd. 

• Love 4

Izzy will be 2 in April which means that there will be at least 2 1/2 years between him and his next sibling. Who would have thought that miss honeymoon baby would wait that long for a second (although others might be right about a miscarriage, since she showed no interest in following doctors' advice about waiting)?

When they left for CA, they said that they would not be back for almost a year. It's clear that they aren't doing anything that is preventing them from returning to Arkansas, so that is a huge step forward, too. While they have had a lot of visitors, they have also spent time completely alone.

And, no matter how poor their Spanish skills, they will know enough Spanish to be able to communicate privately -- even in the presence of multitudes of Duggars.

So, perhaps they are actually taking baby steps toward adulthood and independence.

ETA: fixed dumb spelling mistake. I wasn't educated at the SODRT.

Edited by cmr2014
  • Love 4

Izzy will be 2 in April which means that there will be at least 2 1/2 years between him and his next sibling. Who would have thought that miss honeymoon baby would wait that long for a second (although others might be right about a miscarriage, since she showed no interest in following doctors' advice about waiting)?

When they left for CA, they said that they would not be back for almost a year. It's clear that they aren't doing anything that is preventing them from returning to Arkansas, so that is a huge step forward, too. While they have had a lot of visitors, they have also spent time completely alone.

And, no matter how poor their Spanish skills, they will know enough Spanish to be able to communicate privately -- even in the presence of multitudes of Duggars.

So, perhaps they are actually taking baby steps toward adulthood and independence.

ETA: fixed dumb spelling mistake. I wasn't educated at the SODRT.

Isn't Izzy just going to be 1 years old?

• Love 4

Not that this would help the Dillards, but I believe the Pope is approving the use of birth control in Zika risk areas.

And might I say that when I saw this as breaking news the other day, I thought I was seeing things. IMHO but this is a shocking development.

One can only imagine the sheer idiocy of Jilly Muffin and Triple D in this matter. There's no earthly reason they need to be in CA at this time; their "mission work" is a sham to get donations and they're not doing anything of note. Anyone with half a brain would be out on the next flight, but we're talking about Jilly Muffin and Triple D here, aren't we?

• Love 4

https://www.google.c...yJjD034EdRC0VVA

The Dillard's mock zikka warnings. As usual, I got a huge grin from a commentor!

Quite possibly the most ridiculous article published so far. Oh noes, Derrick may have made a joke. Or not. But he may have! AREN'T YOU UPSET READERS?? Bring out the pearl-clutching and the pitch forks! Even as click bait goes this one was clutching at straws.

• Love 3

That first one from imani1962 hits a nail on the head!

And had to laugh at marie's, "Is it just me or does she always look like she's on something?"

Derrick's OFF pic does seem rather cavalier for the circumstances. His expression imho, did not show true concern.

• Love 2

That first one from imani1962 hits a nail on the head!

And had to laugh at marie's, "Is it just me or does she always look like she's on something?"

Derrick's OFF pic does seem rather cavalier for the circumstances. His expression imho, did not show true concern.

I think that because they're missionaries and Jill is a Midwife, that Jill & Derick would issue a very serious statement regarding Zika. You know, maybe something in between - we are saving the world - and - lookey here, a can of bug spray. How can they expect to be taken seriously as responsible adult missionaries when they post such foolish stuff?

Kind of awful to say, but Zika gave them an opportunity to step up their game and offer real support to the folks there. How much cluelessness can 2 people be?

• Love 7

I dunno. I was glad they finally acknowledged they have at least heard of Zika.

• Love 3

I dunno. I was glad they finally acknowledged they have at least heard of Zika.

Do you remember when Derick and Jill went back to Central America this time and said they would be so far away from civilization that they would have trouble with Internet connections?  Yeah, right.  They're so far away from civilization that there is a Walmart store in their neighborhood.  

• Love 13

Do you remember when Derick and Jill went back to Central America this time and said they would be so far away from civilization that they would have trouble with Internet connections?  Yeah, right.  They're so far away from civilization that there is a Walmart store in their neighborhood.  

And lunch at Subway and Papa John's.

• Love 5

haha.. I had forgotten. I think they were further away from "civilization" in Nepal honestly.

• Love 3
(edited)

Do you remember when Derick and Jill went back to Central America this time and said they would be so far away from civilization that they would have trouble with Internet connections? Yeah, right. They're so far away from civilization that there is a Walmart store in their neighborhood.

And a Subway! Along with a smoothie shop and an American-style mall.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4

So out of the nine, only one report of a living baby.  Living but having trouble moving, breathing, eating….incompatible with life really.  And I also heard that some scream in pain constantly and are often dropped at orphanages or someplace because they drive the mother nuts.  I suppose some are more severely effected than others.  Like some kids with polio got off easy while some live in an iron lung to this day.  Really.  Recently was updated on a guy who gets a respirator during the day and gets out some, but at night back to the iron lung again.  50 years of that.  No thanks.  And no to babies in misery and pain.  Just no.

• Love 9
(edited)

Just because we trust God to see us through whatever trials we may have, I believe He expects us to use the good sense He gave us as well. ..not just completely abdicate good sense and judgment for "come what may".

Yeah, isn't that what the Bible is supposed to have been given to the Christians for - a behavioral and mental framework?  "Follow the Bible, and then throw yourself prayerfully on God's mercy for stumping tiebreakers not covered therein." 

Plus, isn't there something about God only guaranteeing you protection if you're functioning out of the right motives?  Like if you decided you wanted to be a missionary for your own vainglory, God makes no guarantee of protection.  He could of course be super nice and protect you anyway, but maybe it was actually a sinful decision that wronged your spouse.  As I am given to understand it people pray their metaphorical knees bloody before they decide to take up the mantle of missionaryhood, it's so undesirous to embark upon it lightly.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 3

Yeah, isn't that what the Bible is supposed to have been given to the Christians for - a behavioral and mental framework?  "Follow the Bible, and then throw yourself prayerfully on God's mercy for stumping tiebreakers not covered therein." 

Plus, isn't there something about God only guaranteeing you protection if you're functioning out of the right motives?  Like if you decided you wanted to be a missionary for your own vainglory, God makes no guarantee of protection.  He could of course be super nice and protect you anyway, but maybe it was actually a sinful decision that wronged your spouse.  As I am given to understand it people pray their metaphorical knees bloody before they decide to take up the mantle of missionaryhood, it's so undesirous to embark upon it lightly.

How does that story go? A man on the roof top during a flood. A helicopter comes and he refuses to get in - "No thanks, God will rescue me." A boat comes - "No thanks, God will rescue me." Another boats comes and again he says, "No thanks, God will rescue me." The man dies and gets to heaven and asks God why he didn't save him. God replies, "I sent you a helicopter & two boats."

Hey Jill and Derick, God has sent you newscasts and money for plane tickets.

• Love 12

I think that because they're missionaries and Jill is a Midwife, that Jill & Derick would issue a very serious statement regarding Zika. You know, maybe something in between - we are saving the world - and - lookey here, a can of bug spray. How can they expect to be taken seriously as responsible adult missionaries when they post such foolish stuff?

Kind of awful to say, but Zika gave them an opportunity to step up their game and offer real support to the folks there. How much cluelessness can 2 people be?

Exactly. Derick should be saying as missionaries, we are buying cases of Off to give away.

• Love 12

Serious question: is OFF, or any other insect repellent, safe for pregnant women to use?

http://www.fitpregnancy.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-health/are-bug-sprays-safe-during-pregnancy

“The stronger, more effective brands are those that contain DEET, but they do have some toxic capacity,” Wolfe says. “We therefore recommend that they be used only in small amounts.” Even better, she says, is to wear a long-sleeved shirt and long pants and then apply the repellent to your clothes; if you must, pat a bit on exposed skin, such as your wrists, neck and face.

Although she knows of no research on humans, Wolfe says animal studies have shown a link between DEET and cardiac birth defects. “But it is only toxic at high levels, with a constant exposure,” she adds. So in other words, if you’ve used an insect repellent containing DEET once or twice, you haven’t put your baby at risk. “Don’t panic,” Wolfe says, “but do take precautions not to use it in the future, or to use it only in very small amounts.”

Like most toxic things, it depends on the dosage.

• Love 1

And, as I figured, with DEET, it's a very small dosage. Especially given that Jilly Muffin won't wear pants to spare her legs, I think she is definitely at higher risk than most. 

• Love 2
(edited)

And, as I figured, with DEET, it's a very small dosage. Especially given that Jilly Muffin won't wear pants to spare her legs, I think she is definitely at higher risk than most. 

Can she/will she wear leggings under skirts and maybe tuck them into socks? 

Seems like the risk of DEET is lower than the risk of bites during pregnancy, but still, it's not 100%. There are a TON of mosquitoes near my work and I'm pretty convinced they like DEET, based on the way they swarm when I spray it. Yuck.

Edited by NikSac