Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, Zella said:

On a purely pragmatic level, cutting off your estranged child is the easiest way to drive them away. It wouldn't surprise me if Michelle realizes the best damage control is having some relationship with Jill versus no relationship. And just from my personal experience with family and friends, I think women in families are more likely to realize this and act accordingly than men. Sometimes, it is maternal instinct, and sometimes, it's just pure pragmatism. My guess would be Michelle is in the latter category. 

Just my 0.02: I think Jill's break with her family is real, but I also do think she is getting more savvy at marketing, though she's still no rocket scientists at it. In that sense, she's a better learner than most of her siblings or in-laws. 

I think JB sends Michelle to try to make it look better. JB may too mad to talk to Jill, but Michelle isn't as outright angry and is able to talk to Jill. I have feeling Meech is probably trying to get Jill back in-line and say things to try to influence her. 

I think JB is embarrassed by the public spectacle of the riff, which is why he won't talk to Jill. He's probably enraged at her and Derick, maybe more so Derick since he's the headship and not JB's child.  He doesn't want people to know however how badly it's going, so he sends Michelle. If he could do it privately, he would probably cut off all contact. However Jill and Derick would tell the world.  

I agree with @lascuba. The Duggars have always bragged about sex within marriage, and this is just a continuation of that. 

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

So, they were already engaged when they announced they were “courting ”. I wonder if that’s one of the things they referred to, as having to do because of the show.

I'm sure it was. Jill also didn't get social media until fairly close to her wedding, so it was easier for TLC to control the narrative.

• Love 3

Aww, Jill responded to my question. I asked if she still had the necklace that Derelict gave her when they made the relationship official (I didn't add the last part). She still has the necklace, but one of the boys broke the chain. She says she's going to get it fixed.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 23
2 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

I could swear that child has a dress on under that sweater. Did Jill actually allow one of her sons to wear something traditionally female? Cause for her that is a massive leap.

Yeah, I suspected he might be wearing “that which pertaineth to a woman”. Heathen!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

I could swear that child has a dress on under that sweater. Did Jill actually allow one of her sons to wear something traditionally female? Cause for her that is a massive leap.

To me it looks like one of his Dad’s tees. With a sweater over the top to keep it on him, as well as give him warmth. 

• Love 19

That would make more sense. But either way I am glad to see that Sam is being allowed to dress himself. And at the same time his clothing is weather appropriate. Those are big steps for a Duggar. Even though it seems completely normal to the rest of us.

• Love 17
22 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

His slippers don’t match what a cutie doll 

Those are both Paw Patrol chacaters, so they may be a set despite the different colors. Blue for the police dog, red for the fire dog?

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Portia said:

Those are both Paw Patrol chacaters, so they may be a set despite the different colors. Blue for the police dog, red for the fire dog?

they are sold like that in a set at target. Chase and Marshall - one blue, one red

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Why did I watch that???  They are both nearly incoherent with barely a complete sentence from either one.

No kidding! I think it's easier to have teeth pulled than trying to understand anything those dolts were saying! For people who seem to be all about sex lately, seems like only shit was coming out of their mouths when talking about relationships and dating..sheesh! Spit the words out people!

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Somethings haven't changed since the show. Jill talked over Derick then and she talks over him now.

Beyond annoying! If she would've let him speak, it may have been easier to understand anything they were saying!

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They claimed that they set their own boundaries. Then Derelict goes on to say he regretted not holding hands before engagement. Jill then says that would have to have been cleared with Boob. That doesn't sound like they could set their own boundaries. 

OMG. They lied? :sheesh:

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They claimed that they set their own boundaries. Then Derelict goes on to say he regretted not holding hands before engagement. Jill then says that would have to have been cleared with Boob. That doesn't sound like they could set their own boundaries. 

They also said that Derick had dated before Jill and that they both preferred their courtship setup to those casual, unsupervised relationships.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

If you speed up the video it's not as bad.

I did get a chuckle when Derick commented that they didn't know everything about their kids dating because the boys were still very young, then he said "And even after we've been through that we'll be more experienced but we won't know everything." That's pretty self-aware for someone married to a Duggar.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

At least they said that a 24 year old who lived on their own wouldn't be subjected to parental rules. 

I'll go one step further... at least they said, a 24 year old living on their own - full stop.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They also vascillated between calling it courtship/dating/dating with a "purpose." Stick to one! 

Which is especially stupid because all the Duggar have always defined courting as "dating with a purpose." Why they're acting like they're changing anything is beyond me.

• Love 3

Derick stumbled through this whole virginity thing, "Would you rather look back and know you and your spouse were virgins or were not?

Frankly Derick, I don't give a shit if my spouse had sex before we married.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
22 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Did Dereck say he was a virgin when he got married ?

He gave that impression, however I'm not sure he said it. I think he said he dated before Jill, but again I'm not sure.

They rarely finished a sentence, they talked over each other and they kept moving their faces away from the phone, so it was a bit hard to know exactly what they said at times. That and I wasn't paying full attention.

• LOL 3
29 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Derick stumbled through this whole virginity thing, "Would you rather look back and know you and your spouse were virgins or were not?

Wha? I mean, of course I'd rather us not be virgins. I don't want to be my doctor's first patient, my teacher's first student, my pilot's first passenger...Common sense here lol

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5

I think he MIGHT have been trying to say that when you marry someone and plan to be with them for the rest of your life, do you hope that person is a virgin, and if you do... then shouldn't you give that to them as well.

Maybe.

They were slightly incoherent.

I did get that they both were trying to say that they aren't really into the courtship idea wholly, but Jill had trouble because she's lingually so stuck on the word courtship since she was raised with it.  

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I think he MIGHT have been trying to say that when you marry someone and plan to be with them for the rest of your life, do you hope that person is a virgin, and if you do... then shouldn't you give that to them as well.

Maybe.

They were slightly incoherent.

I did get that they both were trying to say that they aren't really into the courtship idea wholly, but Jill had trouble because she's lingually so stuck on the word courtship since she was raised with it.  

Maybe, and that's a big maybe, I'll listen to it again, because I got the impression that they did like their courtship, with the exception of not holding hands.

I think they liked their relationship and how they defined it, but I think they didn't really care for calling it courtship because of what that word has come to represent, though Jill can't seem to stop using the word because of her upbringing.  I also think that they won't put that kind of pressure on their kids.

• Love 3

"Yeah, Whatever, Like"...Jill was making me crazy with her speech pattern.

So what the heck did these two actually say? I'm still scratching my head trying to figure it out.

Did Derick date other girls before Jill or not?

For two people who say their children are only 5 and 3, they sure did waste a lot of time speaking about 'what that would look like in 10-15 years."

They actually have no idea who they will be or what they will be like in the future as individuals, a married couple OR as parents. So, why did they go on and on about their sons' future adolescent lives? These two sure do analyze the hell out of everything. 

If this is an example of Derick's public speaking skills, he will be an awful lawyer. I hope he does NOT ever appear in court. I need an aspirin!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Derick and Jill definitely were virgins when they married.

I am happy I wasn't, and I am happy my husband wasn't. I feel like that could lead to always wondering if the grass is greener on the other side, truly. I also think that it helps you figure out where sex lands on your priority list. Sowing my wild oats definitely helped me prioritize the more critical qualities I was looking for in a partner. Our sex life is great, but I would MUCH rather be highly compatible in other areas like parenting, family relationships, work life balance ect vs lacking in those areas. I really do feel bad for these fundies who marry with hardly knowing their partner just to find out that they suck at everything and always wondering if there's more out there. Probably leads to more infidelity I'd imagine too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10