Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Jeremy is more savvy than Derek, which is different than just being smarter. Jeremy is currently playing the Duggar game and profiting from it, while Derek left the game and is trying to profit from bashing the game master Jim Bob. We will see who makes out better in the end. If Derek can finish law school and pass the BAR exam, he and Jill may end up much better financially than Jinger and Jeremy in the end. Pastors don't make much money unless they can become VERY popular, and I'm not seeing where Jeremy has the charisma to make it that far.

I’m sure Derrick can pass the bar, and probably get a job. I’m much less sure of his ability to keep a job. He always seems to create drama wherever he is, and so far his work history contains a lot of walking out/getting fired. And then talking about it endlessly on social media.

Edited by Genevrier
  • Love 24
11 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

I’m sure Derrick can pass the bar, and probably get a job. I’m much less sure of his ability to keep a job. He always seems to create drama wherever he is, and so far his work history contains a lot of walking out/getting fired. And then talking about it endlessly on social media.

I think it depends on the kind of job he gets after law school. I know the prevailing thought/hope is that he and Jill have actually changed in any way that matters, but from what I can see, Derick is still a committed Christian fanatic. He might not care about pants and alcohol and homeschooling, but he sure as hell wants the law of the land to reflect his beliefs. If he gets work in some kind of Christian organization that fights against civil liberties, and he's able to move up in such an organization, he'd be content.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Josh is despicable, but if you set aside what you know of him and the scandals. I actually think that if he had wanted to be a pastor, he would have made it farther than Jeremy. 

That's an interesting concept, and I don't disagree with you. What makes you think Smuggar would have made a successful pastor? 

6 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Jeremy is more savvy than Derek, which is different than just being smarter. Jeremy is currently playing the Duggar game and profiting from it, while Derek left the game and is trying to profit from bashing the game master Jim Bob. We will see who makes out better in the end. If Derek can finish law school and pass the BAR exam, he and Jill may end up much better financially than Jinger and Jeremy in the end. Pastors don't make much money unless they can become VERY popular, and I'm not seeing where Jeremy has the charisma to make it that far.

How much exactly is Jeremy profiting from his ties to the Duggars? He's fucked up every single influencer gig he has had, which could conceivably come from those ties and being on TV, and a big part of that is people demanding he and Jinger be dropped because of their hateful beliefs. 

I'm just really baffled by the prevailing narrative of Jeremy as somehow business savvy in any way or is somehow gaming Jim Bob. He seems to lack basic marketing knowledge. He seems to have no clue of his audience or how to message things without sounding like a jerk. He sells his house and seems to just piss money away in L.A. with fancy clothes and meals out during a life period (grad school) in which most people have no time for a life and are living on a tight budget. He does seem to have some inherent grifter skill, as shown by scamming the free housing, but even then, it's tied him to the hateful John MacArthur, which also limits what businesses will want to team up with him. And his influencer persona is at odds with the persona you'd need to be successful in that world. Jeremy comes off as very worldly and not even the slightest bit interested in theology. 

I don't like Jim Bob, but I don't really see how Jeremy still isn't his bitch, no matter how much that may gall Jeremy. Jinger is more popular on social media than him. He had the LLC tied to his father in law's address. He's only famous because of his in-laws and hasn't been able to parley that into anything substantial for himself. People on this board used to call Jeremy an alpha male, but to me, there is nothing particularly very independent about him. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

How much exactly is Jeremy profiting from his ties to the Duggars? He's fucked up every single influencer gig he has had, which could conceivably come from those ties and being on TV, and a big part of that is people demanding he and Jinger be dropped because of their hateful beliefs. 

I'm just really baffled by the prevailing narrative of Jeremy as somehow business savvy in any way or is somehow gaming Jim Bob. He seems to lack basic marketing knowledge. He seems to have no clue of his audience or how to message things without sounding like a jerk. He sells his house and seems to just piss money away in L.A. with fancy clothes and meals out during a life period (grad school) in which most people have no time for a life and are living on a tight budget. He does seem to have some inherent grifter skill, as shown by scamming the free housing, but even then, it's tied him to the hateful John MacArthur, which also limits what businesses will want to team up with him. And his influencer persona is at odds with the persona you'd need to be successful in that world. Jeremy comes off as very worldly and not even the slightest bit interested in theology. 

I don't like Jim Bob, but I don't really see how Jeremy still isn't his bitch, no matter how much that may gall Jeremy. Jinger is more popular on social media than him. He had the LLC tied to his father in law's address. He's only famous because of his in-laws and hasn't been able to parley that into anything substantial for himself. 

Jeremy and Jinger somehow managed to put 90 grand down on a house in Laredo while still living in the dumpy little apartment Jeremy lhad prior to marriage.  That money came from somewhere, presumably JB, and Jer and Jing managed to get that cash without going public with their grievances or ending up tossed of the show.  If only for that reason, I think Jeremy must be at least a little bit better at business than Derick.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Jeremy and Jinger somehow managed to put 90 grand down on a house in Laredo while still living in the dumpy little apartment Jeremy lhad prior to marriage.  That money came from somewhere, presumably JB, and Jer and Jing managed to get that cash without going public with their grievances or ending up tossed of the show.  If only for that reason, I think Jeremy must be at least a little bit better at business than Derick.

But we can't rule out it didn't come from Jeremy's folks either. If there are concrete details about Jeremy getting additional money out of Jim Bob, I'd be interested. But so far I don't believe any of it is proven. It's just speculation that is treated as the gospel truth because of a persona of Jeremy's that I don't find very aligned with the inept reality of his actions. 

I guess that's what confuses me--people treating these assumptions as fact rather than acknowledging they are assumptions. 

And to be fair, I am assuming, too, but I feel like the facts we've been presented don't at all support Jeremy having some special status. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

But we can't rule out it didn't come from Jeremy's folks either. If there are concrete details about Jeremy getting additional money out of Jim Bob, I'd be interested. But so far I don't believe any of it is proven. It's just speculation that is treated as the gospel truth because of a persona of Jeremy's that I don't find very aligned with the inept reality of his actions. 

I guess that's what confuses me--people treating these assumptions as fact rather than acknowledging they are assumptions. 

The main reason I think it had to have come from JB is because the Vuolos do not seem to live a lifestyle commensurate with having 90 grand lying around to give one of their kids.  Since they've got 3 and I presume they try to be fairly equal about these things, they'd need to have $270,000 altogether to give to their kids.  Chuck is a preacher with a small church, Diana gives music lessons and plays violin in small, non-prestigious venues.  I just don't see them having that kind of money.

The fact that Jeremy was living in a very crappy apartment in Laredo prior to being married make me think that he didn't have much disposable income and mom and dad were not able to help much, either.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

The main reason I think it had to have come from JB is because the Vuolos do not seem to live a lifestyle commensurate with having 90 grand lying around to give one of their kids.  Since they've got 3 and I presume they try to be fairly equal about these things, they'd need to have $270,000 altogether to give to their kids.  Chuck is a preacher with a small church, Diana gives music lessons and plays violin in small, non-prestigious venues.  I just don't see them having that kind of money.

That's a fair point, but I don't think families always work that way in each person getting an equal amount of money. In my own family, there's usually one sibling who, for various reasons, does get more financial help. And that can be anything from them being genuinely manipulative to them just having a string of really bad luck or to them just being the favorite. It's purely anecdotal, but I can't offhand think of any of the subunits in my family equally distributing financial resources like this outside of a will/trust after death. In life, it tends to respond much more on a situational basis. 

Jeremy being the youngest is one reason why I think he might be babied more than his older siblings. Also I have no idea what his siblings' career paths are, but I could see the whole soccer thing not panning out being interpreted as a reason to give him more assistance, especially if he's doing the Lord's work as a pastor. 

Indeed, from the digging around I've done on Duggar property records, there is definitely not an equitable distribution of resources for them. At least not on paper. I know some of that is because of Jim Bob being a control freak who uses things as a carrot and stick for obedience, but I don't know that it is really all that unusual for parents to give some kids more than they do the others, for whatever reason. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3

I think the 90k for the Laredo house came from Boob. 

I always have to remind myself that Derick plays fast and loose with the truth. He says they didn't get paid, but Boob gave them two McMansions to live in for several years. I'm not familiar with Arkansas rental prices, but that had to be at least 50k's worth of free housing. IIRC, Boob also purchased their furniture, along with Jessa's as a wedding gift. He also bought them items for their Danger America house. Derick has a lot of selective memory when it comes to those facts.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I always have to remind myself that Derick plays fast and loose with the truth. He says they didn't get paid, but Boob gave them two McMansions to live in for several years. I'm not familiar with Arkansas rental prices, but that had to be at least 50k's worth of free housing. IIRC, Boob also purchased their furniture, along with Jessa's as a wedding gift. He also bought them items for their Danger America house. Derick has a lot of selective memory when it comes to those facts.

To  me, being allowed to live in a house rent free is a benefit of worth but it's not really being paid.  Being paid means you have disposable income to do with as you please.  You aren't really free if your only compensation is getting an allowance from Daddy.  As an adult, they should have been given a salary.  JB does this to control his kids, so in that light, Derrick is right.  They didn't get paid.  They got comped. This is like coal miners who got paid in company script, that was only valid in company stores.  It also ensures that the kids have no autonomy, which is likely JB's goal.

I do think Derrick could make a fortune as a corporate lawyer with his ability to spin things.  I'm not sure where the truth lies, but until we see a paycheck made out to individual Duggar Kidults, I'm going to believe that they weren't paid.   I wonder how this effects their taxes? I know you can "gift" people a tax free gift up to 9999.99, but giving them money to buy a house or a significant down payment would have huge tax liabilities.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree, but I also see Derick's side.  JB didn't give Derick and Jill or Jessa and Ben cold hard cash.  He gave them stuff. And yes that theoretically means that the young couples did not have to spend their money on rent, or a down payment and mortgage, or furniture, but JB gets to retain control.  What it all comes down to is control and who has it.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

That's an interesting concept, and I don't disagree with you. What makes you think Smuggar would have made a successful pastor? 

I don't think Josh would have been a big success as a pastor --certainly not on the level of the charismatic types that manage to fool those not inclined to cult-think--but I agree that he would have been more successful than Jeremy, and if he'd wanted to, could have made a living off it in Gothard-like circles. Josh and Jeremy are both smarmy as hell, but Jeremy comes of as desperate and willing to say anything as long as it gets him what he wants. While we all know Josh is similarly mercenary and insincere, he's better at faking that he believes what he says.

• Love 7

I just can't see JB giving anyone $90,000. I'm not even sure he would have the available cash to do that.

It doesn't cost JB anything to have his kids living in a house that's for sale. Living in a home that is on the market is actually a favor to JB. Its less likely the home will be broken into and it shows better to potential buyers. Jill and Derick mentioned they'd have to move if the house sold. They just happened to move first.

Is JB a tightwad or a generous father? IMO, he is closer to a tightwad, but has been generous with money for the girls weddings (which TLC did not pay for) and wedding gifts, but everything else he buys is an investment, whether a plane, land or a home. And if the timing is right, his kids may benefit temporarily as well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
59 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

True but they didn’t get to sell and keep the $50,000 profit like Jinger did .

• Love 4

Didn't Jill and Derick live in the one McMansion for a year, go on their mission and then live with Grandma Mary, before moving into their old apartment?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3

Given what we know about JB and Derrick, I think the truth is likely somewhere in the middle. JB likely dolled out to Derrick and Jill a monthly allowance as compensation for appearing on the show- so they would have something to live on, as well as non cash gifts such as the house etc. When Sammy was due and the shit it the fan Derrick wanted additional compensation to cover the medical bills if they were going to film the birth special etc, and TLC said that contacts had already been negotiated, no one was getting anything extra. Derrick was upset and quit the show. He then demanded Jill receive back pay from her days on 19kids, which JB agreed to do to keep the peace and so they would be able to 'get started' and not have him look bad.

Comparing them to Jeremy and Jinger- I dont think Jeremy signed his likeness away or appeared on camera one second before he a deal worked out with TLC for payment. If I recall he didnt appear on the show until he asked to court Jinger officially, before that he was her "friend"- seven weeks later they were engaged. The 90k for their house in Laredo likely came from gifts from Jeremy's grandparents/parents, Jinger's earnings from 19kids/Counting On that JB agreed would serve as her dowry/"getting started in life money" and money from appearing on Counting On after Jeremy was married to Jinger.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Except for a couple things, what you're saying seems likely to me.....

.But what Diana has really done is start an apparently functioning music charity. ... Such things are always extremely dicey to run. And in the type of metropolitan-type area the Vuolos live in, where there are always many of those things competing for bucks, it becomes even more difficult.

In my experience -- and I have several friends who've done or tried to do similar things -- there's no way you do it without somehow having or gathering some connections with big money, with prominent names and with connections.....And virtually nobody seems to get such connections unless somewhere in their family trees, in their careers, in their pasts -- somewhere -- they have strong connections to some people like that, as well as the ability to blend in with people like that, which as far as I can tell is hard to do unless you have a bit of shine of the elite, moneywise or classwise, on you somewhere.

In addition to that, both Chuck and Diana and both their older children have seemed to pretty casually choose careers -- and persisted in them -- that essentially promise no money. Chuck Sr. -- basically freelance pastor and converter of Mennonites; Diana -- playing the violin and running an arts charity!. Valerie -- music, including some teaching and what seems to be performing in various crossover bands; Chuck Jr -- went to the "University of the Arts" in Phila and has spent much of his time since writing and directing art films! alongside working as a digital producer at Harvard Business School (and working there suggests, although of course it doesn't guarantee, that you are a young person who has a certain comfort with money...) ....

And despite all those career paths, nobody seems to have struggled and needed to support themselves with any more blue-collar stuff on the side -- like Paul Caldwell's auto-mechanic stuff. And neither Valerie nor Chuck Jr. seems to have a spouse or partner who's helping support them by selling real estate or being an ER nurse or a lawyer or whatever ..... And yet -- while it's true that there doesn't seem to be any conspicuous wealth around them, I don't see any signs of economic struggle either. They seem comfortable enough and well dressed and able to fly around the country on visits -- and the kids seem to be happily persisting in their dicey careers well into their 30s. And turning up at Harvard --

I'm not saying you have to be rich to do this. But it does seem like a set of kind of unusual choices for a family to make if they really have no modest nest egg or frugal grandma with a will that'll help you out. It's so universal in the family and they seem so calm about it .... To me that just suggests that there's at least a half-million $ bank or stock account sitting somewhere -- that they all know could ease their paths if they really needed it. ..... You could come by that money through a father or grandfather who had a really good post-war union job, steadily invested in the constantly rising stock market of those years and lived frugally, as many people who were kids during the Depression did, for example......  Or, Diana's charity-founder persona suggests to me that she gives off some aura of being comfortable in the world of the rich, and that might come from something she had in your background......

It's not that nobody from an actual poor or thoroughly working-class background does any of these things. But what makes me wonder is the fact that all of them took these paths and persist in them....and show no apparent signs of struggle.

And I'm also not saying they are now rich. I'm just saying that it seems likely to me that there's a little bit of money somewhere that makes them all feel comfortable launching careers that usually pay very very little. In other words, enough money to fork over a bit to Jer as he tried to start what they probably figured was going to be his pastoral career in Laredo. Remember how he and Jinge said they were going to be in Laredo for a long time?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
  • Love 9

I used to think that JB either kept some money in trusts to give to the kids once they married, or all the kids got some kind of contract of their own once they turned 18. After all the Derick stuff, I went with the long running speculation that all the money went to JB and the show was structured in such a way that the kids were his employees/contractors, and TLC hired JB and he "hired" the kids, sort of how companies pay temp agencies and those agencies in turn pay the workers. Except payment was free housing and/or whatever else JB felt like doling out. But maybe JB does set some money aside for the kids? Not huge amounts, but something.

I don't really have a strong opinion either way, and as someone from a working class immigrant family, parents giving kids 10s of thousand of dollars is a completely foreign concept that amounts to "rich people things" to me. I think JB is miserly enough to not give his kids large amounts of cash. He's also controlling enough to dole out enough freebies and cash to keep the adults comfortable enough to be nervous about what they would do without him. He's also egotistical enough to want his kids to reflect well on him--not just "spiritually" but financially--and I can see him giving them a modest amount of money, enough, in his mind, for them to get a good start if they work hard enough. All of that adds up to...we really need someone to do that deep dive into the Duggar financials, already. Mama needs her dirt.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I used to think that JB either kept some money in trusts to give to the kids once they married, or all the kids got some kind of contract of their own once they turned 18. After all the Derick stuff, I went with the long running speculation that all the money went to JB and the show was structured in such a way that the kids were his employees/contractors, and TLC hired JB and he "hired" the kids, sort of how companies pay temp agencies and those agencies in turn pay the workers. Except payment was free housing and/or whatever else JB felt like doling out. But maybe JB does set some money aside for the kids? Not huge amounts, but something.

I don't really have a strong opinion either way, and as someone from a working class immigrant family, parents giving kids 10s of thousand of dollars is a completely foreign concept that amounts to "rich people things" to me. I think JB is miserly enough to not give his kids large amounts of cash. He's also controlling enough to dole out enough freebies and cash to keep the adults comfortable enough to be nervous about what they would do without him. He's also egotistical enough to want his kids to reflect well on him--not just "spiritually" but financially--and I can see him giving them a modest amount of money, enough, in his mind, for them to get a good start if they work hard enough. All of that adds up to...we really need someone to do that deep dive into the Duggar financials, already. Mama needs her dirt.

I don't think JB has his money earmarked for a particular child.  I believe that money is his money to do as he sees fit just like his real estate holdings and whatever else he has stashed away in a warehouse.  He doles out the least amount necessary to keep the kids in line.  He will also buy them stuff instead of giving them money ie everything that is Duggar Aviation.  If he actually had a nest egg for each kid to be received upon marriage, then they would all have a choice to leave.  JB does not want that.  

Edited by Ohiopirate02
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't think JB has his money earmarked for a particular child.  I believe that money is his money to do as he sees fit just like his real estate holdings and whatever else he has stashed away in a warehouse.  He doles out the least amount necessary to keep the kids in line.  He will also buy them stuff instead of giving them money ie everything that is Duggar Aviation.  If he actually had a nest egg for each kid to be received upon marriage, then they would all have a choice to leave.  JB doesn't not want that.  

Yes, I think JB's been working on a self-sufficient empire for himself, and Duggar Aviation demonstrates that nicely. He didn't just (allegedly) pay for his sons' aviation training and let them go do their thing. He didn't even stop at one plane because they travel a lot it's so much more convenient. No, he owns several planes that his sons pilot in service to him. Let's assume JD takes independent piloting jobs--he's using a Duggar plane for that, which means he has to pay JB for the use of the plane.

If he does have nest eggs for the kids, I don't think it's enough for them to leave. He knows better.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I really think Derick trusted JB and thought he was a man of honor and integrity because of his faith.  I think that is  part of why Derick is so bitter about the whole thing now; he feels they were betrayed.

I think you are correct. I think Derick came in trusting the whole process and JB, of course, screwed him over.

• Love 8

I don't believe Jeremy is a business genius, but I do think his and Jinger's situation was much different than the others who married.  The game plan with all the rest was that they would marry and live close to Ma and Pa, with housing and jobs(?) provided by Ma and Pa.  At the time they married, Jeremy was living in Laredo, with no intentions of moving anywhere near the rest of the cult, I mean family.  They may not have been the break-out stars they seem to think they are, but their storyline was a very important part of the show, and JB knew it.

I seriously doubt TLC or the production company had any interest in negotiating directly with Jeremy, but I do think JB knew he had to make some serious concessions to keep them on the show.  Unless Jinger or Jeremy go public at some point, we'll never know what kind of concessions he made, but it was clearly something that kept both parties working together.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I could see Jim Bob buying the house in Laredo, putting it in his own name, letting Jinger and Jeremy live there rent-free and then making a profit from it after the Vuolos moved on. But giving money freely and generously to his children with no strings attached is not in his wheelhouse.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I could see Jim Bob buying the house in Laredo, putting it in his own name, letting Jinger and Jeremy live there rent-free and then making a profit from it after the Vuolos moved on. But giving money freely and generously to his children with no strings attached is not in his wheelhouse.

The house was in Jinger and Jeremy's names. Boob was not on the deed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

The way I see the husbands entering the family is Derick and Ben being brought in almost like sons, Jeremy being brought in as a SIL, and Austin as already being part of the gang.

I don't think JB's relationship with his SsIL play any part in the money they receive (except now with Derick) whether they have a TLC contract or a "JB contract". If they are paid out of JB's TLC funds, I'm thinking he pays each couple a set amount for each season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, MonicaM said:

I don't believe Jeremy is a business genius, but I do think his and Jinger's situation was much different than the others who married.  The game plan with all the rest was that they would marry and live close to Ma and Pa, with housing and jobs(?) provided by Ma and Pa.  At the time they married, Jeremy was living in Laredo, with no intentions of moving anywhere near the rest of the cult, I mean family.  They may not have been the break-out stars they seem to think they are, but their storyline was a very important part of the show, and JB knew it.

I seriously doubt TLC or the production company had any interest in negotiating directly with Jeremy, but I do think JB knew he had to make some serious concessions to keep them on the show.  Unless Jinger or Jeremy go public at some point, we'll never know what kind of concessions he made, but it was clearly something that kept both parties working together.  

The trick would be keeping Jeremy off the show.

• LOL 14
  • Love 7

Jeremy was also the first in-law to come in after both of the Josh scandals- unlike Derrick he knew exactly what the scandals would cost the family as far as TLC revenue. Because this is the Jill & Derrick thread- Jeremy was not sold the Bill of goods Derrick was, the situations were very different, as such I think their initial interactions with TLC were different. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
16 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Jeremy was also the first in-law to come in after both of the Josh scandals- unlike Derrick he knew exactly what the scandals would cost the family as far as TLC revenue. Because this is the Jill & Derrick thread- Jeremy was not sold the Bill of goods Derrick was, the situations were very different, as such I think their initial interactions with TLC were different. 

Even without the scandals, Jeremy certainly knew enough of the world to know that a regular tv gig is supposed to come with monetary compensation. He was neither naive nor enough of a believer to fall in with the ministry tale like Derick did.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

I caved and watched the video. Jill’s boys seem so sweet. I think this is the most I’ve ever heard Sam talk, he seems like such a happy little thing! He’s adorable. 

I don't think I ever saw the Duggar kids that happy and free.  Sam is adorable!  And I was happy to see  Jill and Derrick praise Israel for something.  They seem so...normal.  For Duggars.

• Love 19
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Movie night. I was expecting at least a sheet hung on the back of the garage as a screen. The boys are watching a movie on a laptop propped on a chair. 🙄

The compulsion to use laptops for all video appears to be genetically determined.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 14
18 hours ago, lascuba said:

Even without the scandals, Jeremy certainly knew enough of the world to know that a regular tv gig is supposed to come with monetary compensation. He was neither naive nor enough of a believer to fall in with the ministry tale like Derick did.

Yup I believe that too. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

The compulsion to use laptops for all video appears to be genetically determined.

You don't get to say Joy is the smart one much...but she is with TV ownership!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Okay, I'm impressed. Jill who didn't even wake up to feed her kids breakfast, has time this morning to bike ride to Izzy's school.

Me too! I truly believe that the therapy is doing her worlds of good. I'm sure before this change, she had no energy to get out of bed. I keep flashing back to an insta-story she did(a year or so ago)after she put the boys down for nap and she was absolutely drained and I felt she could cry at any second. She talked about how exhausted she was and it was only early afternoon. She mentioned how she couldn't wait for Derick to get home and take over for a bit. She really has come a long way, maybe not on their religious beliefs, but I don't expect that to ever change much.

41 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Wow!

Everyone is wearing a helmet. And those are clearly real smiles, not poses for the camera.

Not to mention Jill got everyone out of the house in time to bike to school rather than driving. And I love that they're biking! Good exercise!

I believe it was on Friday, she had an insta-story and she and Sam were walking to pick up Izzy from school. They must live close enough to walk or ride their bikes. I think it's great that she and the boys are getting out and getting exercise. It's nice to see Jill with some energy.

Edited by Madtown
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Based on Google maps, they live about a mile from the school. I hadn't realized it was that close, but yeah they can easily walk or bike to and from the school. 

I figured they must be somewhat close or else Iz would have been taking the bus. Two miles is the cut off around here.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Based on Google maps, they live about a mile from the school. I hadn't realized it was that close, but yeah they can easily walk or bike to and from the school. 

That's about as far as we live from the kid's school and it's a very nice walk or bike ride for us back when she was still in actual school. I'm glad to see that Jill is taking advantage of their closeness to get fresh air and some exercise in.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Wow!

Everyone is wearing a helmet. And those are clearly real smiles, not poses for the camera.

Not to mention Jill got everyone out of the house in time to bike to school rather than driving. And I love that they're biking! Good exercise!

And it appears that Israel is wearing a mask (pulled down for photo purposes), even while riding his bike outdoors! He's modeling good pandemic behavior for his family. I've been worried about all the kids in in-person school right now, but this looks good!

• Love 17