Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I wonder if Jill actually saw a therapist about this move. We don't think it's a big deal but to the Duggars it is. Chopping off 14 inches and having a shoulder-length style is a HUGE move. She's obviously really proud of her move too. I think she's trying to find ways to build a new life and maybe a church counselor told her how little steps can lead to big ones? The timing is choice too -- right before the holidays. New year, new Jill?

• Useful 1
  • Love 23

I am impressed with Jill diving rather than wading into the pool. And it is a big deal because MEchelle has said long hair is “biblical.”  IIRC the oldest four girls stated they had long hair “because Daddy likes it.” 🤮

I don’t think Ma and Pa Kettle are going to be pleased. What matters is that Jill looks great, hopefully feels better about herself, and realizes she can be a Christian with whatever hair length. 

• Love 19

boy, her resemblance with jessa is way more noticeable now too. i am so pleased to see that she is genuinely happy with her choice. she apparently really considered the whole process before deciding to do it.  it all starts with a step forward, jill. keep going!!!

• Love 9

Damn, Jill, looking good! 🙂

2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I had waist length hair in my 20's.  I had it cut to shoulder length, and I did get fewer headaches after that.

Same here.

1 hour ago, not you again said:

WOW!  Jill looks great!  I think these pictures are the first time I've seen her smile all the way to her eyes.  Good for her.

She is positively beaming in a way I have never seen before. She looks really good and genuinely happy. 

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I wonder if Jill actually saw a therapist about this move. We don't think it's a big deal but to the Duggars it is. Chopping off 14 inches and having a shoulder-length style is a HUGE move.

I applaud Jill, but her new cut isn't exactly as drastic as "shoulder length." It's still fairly long--long enough to still be considered the biblical "covering."

Edited by graefin
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Ma and Pa can eat a shit sandwich. They don’t get a vote.

I agree with you. Does it make me a bad person to wish to be there when their heads explode?

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

I’m actually proud of Jill.  She looks amazing!  I’ve never been one to snark on her hair because I can’t grow my own hair past my shoulders and she should wear what makes her comfortable, but this is a huge move for her.  Mentally and physically, this is one of the biggest Duggar changes we have seen.  After hearing and sprouting off all the Godly benefits of long hair for her entire life, it was probably a bit of a shield for her.  If her mental health has been in the state we have been suspecting for awhile now, this is a huge change towards her trying to move forward. 

• Love 23

She looks the happiest I’ve seen since her wedding day to Derp.  It’s amazing what a simple change like a new hairstyle or color can improve one’s self esteem.  Hopefully this leads to positive changes and keeps her moving forward in becoming a real person who knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to share it or pursue it. I’m not counting on that happening anytime soon, but I do see this as real progress 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I’m actually proud of Jill.  She looks amazing!  I’ve never been one to snark on her hair because I can’t grow my own hair past my shoulders and she should wear what makes her comfortable, but this is a huge move for her.  Mentally and physically, this is one of the biggest Duggar changes we have seen.  After hearing and sprouting off all the Godly benefits of long hair for her entire life, it was probably a bit of a shield for her.  If her mental health has been in the state we have been suspecting for awhile now, this is a huge change towards her trying to move forward. 

I was going to say, hopefully she’ll feel better and more confident because she was clearly struggling earlier in the week. 
 And fuck you JB and M! She didn’t even get her hair trimmed until she was a teenager?!?!

• Love 21
13 minutes ago, Trillium said:

I was going to say, hopefully she’ll feel better and more confident because she was clearly struggling earlier in the week. 
 And fuck you JB and M! She didn’t even get her hair trimmed until she was a teenager?!?!

Yeah dude that's just unhealthy. All hair needs to be trimmed on occasion to remain healthy. Of course JB and Michelle wouldnt care about that but ...

And Jill's hair is extremely short for Duggar standards. 

And wtf with fundies berating her. Ppl are garbage.

Screenshot_20191220-150739_Instagram.jpg

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Kristenr83 can join Ma and Pa for sandwiches.

It was Derick’s post, FFS. 

And I don’t even like the guy.

I agree. I'm kind of ticked at this Kristen83 for trying to steal Jill's obvious joy at what she did. 

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

The haircut looks great.  It also reminds me something that struck me about the finale episode -- Mary Duggar quite clearly availed herself of decent hairstyling for decades and did not walk around with 50 pounds of hair on her head.  JB seemed to feel his mother led a fine example of a godly life and indicates he fully expects to see her again in heaven.  Yet it's not good enough for his wife and daughters to wear their hair as they choose?

I think it wasn't JB so much as it was Michelle who dictates that sort of thing. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

I think it wasn't JB so much as it was Michelle who dictates that sort of thing. 

Michelle made the choice to wear her hair in a sloppy, matted mess.  She and JB forced it on their daughters.  Far from a "crowning glory", the Duggar hairstyle detracts from the overall appearance of the women.  

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Kristenr83 can join Ma and Pa for sandwiches.

It was Derick’s post, FFS. 

And I don’t even like the guy.

wait what....who is kristenr83 and what did she say??

47 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Yeah dude that's just unhealthy. All hair needs to be trimmed on occasion to remain healthy. Of course JB and Michelle wouldnt care about that but ...

And Jill's hair is extremely short for Duggar standards. 

And wtf with fundies berating her. Ppl are garbage.

Screenshot_20191220-150739_Instagram.jpg

Here she is, commenting on Derick’s comment.

Bless her heart. 🙄

From the same Instagram.   I think lydia grace is Michelle or Jana.  Jennie Harno, Amy and Anna all posted positive comments.

lydia_grace2213

That’s actually sad... I remember when you girls were younger and would take care of your whole family with long hair, so what’s wrong with it now?

6h1 likeReply

samantha.krump

@lydia_grace2213 if you read her blog, she explains why she cut it.

3h1 likeReply

peachymtnmomma

@lydia_grace2213 what’s wrong with getting a haircut??? Maybe she’s ready for a change? It’s only hair.

2hReply

lydia_grace2213

@samantha.krump I know I read it. That’s why I said what’s has honestly changed since she was younger to now. It doesn’t make sense to me. She had to help take care of all her brothers and sisters isn’t that the same with her kids now? So what changed?

2hReply

lydia_grace2213

@peachymtnmomma it’s not only hair.. if you read in the Bible God gives ladies hair to grow for its there covering by God.
Corinthians 11:6 KJV
Ezekiel 44:20 KJV

2h1 likeReply

venomous_heroine26

@lydia_grace2213 It's a book, and her hair isn't 'shorn'. And if you're gonna quote OT, it also states men shouldn't trim their beards. Her husband has a beard, but her daddy doesn't. Funny, that.

1hReply

lydia_grace2213

@venomous_heroine26 it’s says shorn or shaven or cut.

1hReply

venomous_heroine26

@lydia_grace2213 Either way, chiding a grown, married woman for what she does with her own hair, and throwing Bible at her, is petty and makes you seem very self righteous and sanctimonious.

1hReply

lydia_grace2213

@venomous_heroine26 I wasn’t doing it at her. I was replying to a different comment. If you go up you will see that.

33mReply

peachymtnmomma

@lydia_grace2213 so is she not as good in your gods eye now? This will keep her from being a righteous godly woman? Why be so judgmental about hair? Men have hair as well, should they let it grow long and flowing? She still has hair on her head and it’s still quite long. It was literally giving her health issues such as headaches. It was hindering her ability to parent her children to the best of her abilities. She is allowed to do whatever she wants with her hair and it doesn’t make her lesser in ANY way. I bet she (and you as well) wear mixed fabrics, but yet that’s not an issue and her hair is? What about her cute nose ring or her using makeup? Is that sending her to hell and making you better than her too? Worry about your own yard before you go cutting down others.

Edited by wilsie
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

We’re singing Jill’s praises and the fundie leghumpers are giving her shit.

This must be Backwards Universe Day.

I think it is. I'm happy for Jill and want these stupid people to leave her alone! 

• Love 23
4 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Ironically, that’s one of the most thoughtful, real New Testament Jesus-y things she’s posted...and not one religious word.

Deeds not words! I’m actually impressed. 

That was my thought as well. Talking about being a Christian and God's love only to turn around to spew judgement and bible verses on those who live differently is a Duggar specialty. THIS is what it actually means to love and care about others. Good job Jill.

• Love 17

I'm so upset at these unkind comments. And I don't even like Jill. But I think this gives us a window into her world and how these small basic things are huge milestones for her. Also the deep internalized misogyny among fundie cultures and how for someone like Jill who's struggling at fitting into the fundie life it can be so demoralizing. 

But I did see nice comments from Jessa, Jana, Amy, and Anna. And Derick. So at least she's getting family support. 

More from this kristen chick:

kristenr83

@hazeljw23 1 Corinthians 7:4 “The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.”

1hReply

hazeljw23

@kristenr83 she’s not bald FFS 🤦‍♀️ lop is just another word for CUT. 🤫

1h1 likeReply

hazeljw23

@theladysteel I don’t think she’s got both oats in the water. Definitely has kangaroos loose in her top paddocks that’s for sure

1h2 likesReply

kristenr83

@hazeljw23 She has no power over her own body which is why she asked her hubby. 😘

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I'm so upset at these unkind comments. And I don't even like Jill. But I think this gives us a window into her world and how these small basic things are huge milestones for her. Also the deep internalized misogyny among fundie cultures and how for someone like Jill who's struggling at fitting into the fundie life it can be so demoralizing. 

But I did see nice comments from Jessa, Jana, Amy, and Anna. And Derick. So at least she's getting family support. 

More from this kristen chick:

kristenr83

@hazeljw23 1 Corinthians 7:4 “The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.”

1hReply

hazeljw23

@kristenr83 she’s not bald FFS 🤦‍♀️ lop is just another word for CUT. 🤫

1h1 likeReply

hazeljw23

@theladysteel I don’t think she’s got both oats in the water. Definitely has kangaroos loose in her top paddocks that’s for sure

1h2 likesReply

kristenr83

@hazeljw23 She has no power over her own body which is why she asked her hubby. 😘

I'd love to find out who kristenr83 is. I want to smack her one in the face. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 14

Jill is getting credit, maybe not college credits, but credit nonetheless.

She's going to freak a little the first time washes it. I hope the Bible comments don't make her second guess her decision.

I don't know what filter or app she used for about 2 seconds near the end of the video, but it looked somewhat professional.

I agree with you all her hair looks great.

• Love 9

Way to g Jill!

This development makes me think of a recent post where the poster was saying that they think Jill is the one who has made the greatest break from her family and how her life is closest to the "normal" experiences most young marrieds go through (after Danger America and almost dying by falling shower curtain rod).

I also had to take baths with my younger brother (2 years younger) but we both had to keep our underwear on.

• Love 2

The reaction  to Jill's haircut is precisely why parading your private life on SM is such a bad idea.  There is not way in the world I would display my life for completely fucking strangers to weigh in on what I do with my hair!  Utterly ridiculous!

• Love 20
31 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I'd love to find out who kristenr83 is. I want to smack her one in the face. 

Well, you could also just find her husband and smack him, because apparently it’s the same thing, so your chances are doubled...

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 20
  • Love 1

Jill is the one I seem to most want to break away and have a successful life of her choosing.  Of course I want all of them to live the life they want but something about Jill trying so hard makes me root for her.  I wish she could find a mentor or life coach who could encourage her to continue discovering whom she is and her place in the world, and help her move forward from the parts of her past that hold her back.  I hate that none of those kids were ever allowed to follow their dreams, or even encouraged to have any beyond what Boob and Baby Voice decided for them.  How much potential among those kids/now adults has been wasted?  Maybe Jill really could have been an incredible compassionate nurse given the opportunity.  Maybe she’ll get a chance to start some courses when Derick finishes law school.

I think her haircut looks great and love that she seems so happy about it.

• Love 23
On 12/19/2019 at 12:53 AM, christine falls said:

Agree with this so much, and it's sad because they were raised to believe that all you need to be happy is loads of kids and Jesus. Clearly that's not working out for her, and she wasn't given the tools to ask for help or to even know where to start. 

I really think she is someone who could benefit from therapy, from a real therapist, not a church elder. Not that they can't help, I just think Jill needs someone who is going to give her honesty, not just say to pray more. 

There are several credible/accredited Christian therapists in the area where I live (where there are churches galore).  They’re not affiliated in any way, shape or form with any church or religion.  In fact, spirituality is never mentioned unless the client brings it up.  Someone like that would be ideal for Jill IMO.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, jukie said:

She looks fabulous, I hope Derrrrrick and others compliment her so that she feels a little extra perk in her step because that is a big step for her.

I hope Derrick is crazy about it, because if he’s not, she’ll let grow back out.

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, Suzn said:

The reaction  to Jill's haircut is precisely why parading your private life on SM is such a bad idea.  There is not way in the world I would display my life for completely fucking strangers to weigh in on what I do with my hair!  Utterly ridiculous!

I agree. I remember Alyssa Bates caught hell when she wore a sleeveless dress to church. From the way Fundie trolls were going in on her, you'd have thought she walked into the service naked. It just goes to show the level of petty judgment within these circles. I'm not surprised these girls struggle with the most basic of changes. What a way to live.

• Love 17