Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Any word on the photo contest with the tuttles?  I got rid of FB years ago.

The contest is now closed to entries. The last day to vote is 03/31. Jill’s picture is not in first place as of now.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

But where is Izzy?  Dad's going away for a week and they leave him with Jana instead of taking him to the airport?  In that case, leave Sammy as well.  Geesh Jill, you don't have to have a kid in your arms at all times.

Any word on the photo contest with the tuttles?  I got rid of FB years ago.

I wouldn’t have left my breastfed baby with anyone while I took my hubby to the airport but ai would have left my 2 year old with someone 

I really feel this Tuttle completion sabotage or whatever you want to call it is coming too close to online bullying, it’s going past snarking 

I know I’m going to get my own snark from posters over saying that, I keep reading how much Jill And Derick are hated and while I’m no lover of their beliefs and certainly not of Dericks own online harassment, of which he paid the price with his firing from TLC,  I in no way believe that actively going out of my way to hate on someone so much that I want to interfere with their life in ANY way is acceptable 

Just as if I didn’t like someone in real life I wouldn’t go out of my way to interfer with their life in any way 

• Love 11

And this is where the difference is ... it’s not hoping for another child to win, it actively interfering in something that you would even care about if it wasn’t a Duggar 

Its the wanting to see someone get their ‘comeuppance’ if you like 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Totally said:

And this is where the difference is ... it’s not hoping for another child to win, it actively interfering in something that you would even care about if it wasn’t a Duggar 

I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly before I post again.  Is the issue the post to another contestant's entry on here?

Personally I don’t care who wins the contest. I think the picture Jill posted isn’t one of the better ones. That page is flooded with people not thinking it’s fair for her to enter. I disagree with that. 

• Love 1

I’m also don’t give a toss who wins the competion, I wouldn’t buy the book, I wouldn’t enter the comp. I guess I don’t understand why anyone is so invested in this that they would try to alter the results of a competition that they probably wouldn’t even have come across in everyday life, just to make someone else lose. 

• Love 8

Jill is actively using her "celebrity" status to alter the contest -- to win.  It is doubtful if nobody knew who she was that she'd win on the merits of the photo itself-- it's just not that good.  If she is capitalizing on her fame to win, I don't see the issue in people reacting negatively and mobilizing to try to offset those attempts.    

• Love 20

I’m clearly in the minority

Jill has shown us over and over to have no self awareness in posting photos and I actually don’t think she had any thought process as to putting herself in the photo as being a heads up

But that is neither here nor there, the point I was making is being missed

Im going to bed I still have two more night shifts to get through this week, I need sleep more than I need to try and clarify my post 

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Totally said:

I’m also don’t give a toss who wins the competion, I wouldn’t buy the book, I wouldn’t enter the comp. I guess I don’t understand why anyone is so invested in this that they would try to alter the results of a competition that they probably wouldn’t even have come across in everyday life, just to make someone else lose. 

I agree. I'm not going to waste my time voting in some stupid contest to try to make Jill lose because I think the Dillards are obnoxious or because Jill was smart enough to use her semi-celebrity status to generate votes to win. She played by the rules, so I don't understand the claim that she is being unfair to others who entered. It's a company sponsored contest to generate interest in those stupid books, and all these moms are using their kids to try to win some Amazon cash. I say live and let live. 

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

I read the post to say that the that the issue the OP has is that people are voting against Jill’s pic to just see them lose.  Because they are Duggars and for no other reason.  

The issue as I see it is not the idea that Jill entered the contest. The idea that some people are rallying against is that she is CLEARLY using her recognizable image as a catalyst to get people to vote for her so they can win.  Jill is a D-list celebrity.  People recognize her.  She included her image in the shot and also posted it to social media (where she has MANY followers) with the intent of garnering votes.  While there is nothing wrong with this in the rules, there is a lot wrong with her using her semi-celebrity status to win over people who do not share her status. 

I took it the same way, but that whole 'assume' thing.  Jilly brought this on herself, again.  She knows she will get a lot of votes/shares because of her name, and that particular assumption was correct.  I have a sneaking suspicion that 1.  She teamed up with the TT publishing company before posting anything or 2. The publishing company saw her initial post (where Cathy butted in) and decided to make this contest knowing that they will get themselves out there to people/parents who haven't heard of them.  So they give away a $350 gift card.  Jill has 1.6 MILLION followers on Instagram alone.  Any product that her followers see her using is bound to see an increase in sales.  She gets to enter her kid in a contest, showcase her own brand, and the TT get the publicity they only dreamed of.  It's a win-win for both sides.

• Love 13

Exactly. The TT people saw her IG post last week; they responded on the thread. One wonders if they thought of the contest after finding out they had someone who could potentially draw 1.6 million sets of eyeballs to their product. The timing of this contest is...intetresting...to say the least, but as @sixlets and I both have noted, this is the perfect storm of publicity for the Tuttle Twins, and Jill will likely win a gift card for her trouble. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, sixlets said:

Jill has 1.6 MILLION followers on Instagram alone. 

But, only 24,500 of those liked her post on Instagram about the contest and only 671 gave her photo a Like (vote) on the contest website.  Her real fanbase now is much, much smaller than it used to be.

• Love 3

Last night I did my daily we search for "The Duggars" I briefly saw a post about Jill and Derrick secretly left on a mission trip. I did not get a change to read it, I went to try and find it this  morning and cant. Did anyone else see that or know anything about it? 

• Love 1

Bigskygirl beat me to it lol

I dont know how secretly the Dills left but they probably didnt make a big fuss to avoid repeat scrutiny over their grifting ways. $3000 for the 2 of them is a nice chunk of change.

Where did the money come from? Huh Derick? You just happen to have a spare 3k laying around? Or was it c-o-m-p-e-n-s-a-t-i-o-n from the Big Boob for you know, 'volunteering' on the show?

I know, raccoons have babies. 

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 17
13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:
35 minutes ago, VegasDenise said:

Last night I did my daily we search for "The Duggars" I briefly saw a post about Jill and Derrick secretly left on a mission trip. I did not get a change to read it, I went to try and find it this  morning and cant. Did anyone else see that or know anything about it? 

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jill-duggar-derick-dillard-mission-trip-156286

From the article: 

Even though they just returned home from August 2017 from a two-year mission trip in Central America, they packed up again and headed out on another mission.

How did a few months in Central America, several months back in Arkansas, rinse & repeat turn into a two-year mission trip? Are they using the Duggar calendar counting system?

• Love 9
19 hours ago, Totally said:

It was upon the Tuttle people's own suggestion to rally the troops/support and back a different person to win. That is what we did---we chose a worthier (in our opinion) picture and rallied the support for it. 

Now, if you want to talk about twitter trolling---I agree I've walked that line, and I have zero problems admitting it, but the Tuttle picture? Nah---she brought this angst on herself and we're just doing what the Tuttle's told us to do. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, lulu69 said:

I dont know how secretly the Dills left but they probably didnt make a big fuss to avoid repeat scrutiny over their grifting ways. $3000 for the 2 of them is a nice chunk of change.

Where did the money come from? Huh Derick? You just happen to have a spare 3k laying around? Or was it c-o-m-p-e-n-s-a-t-i-o-n from the Big Boob for you know, 'volunteering' on the show?

The $3000 is just for the two of them...how much more for Sammy?

Boob probably paid for it just to get Derick off of Twitter for a week.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, lulu69 said:

I have nothing against people wanting to build a church in another country. My problem is when the same people are doing it for the wrong reasons. Trying to shove your religious beliefs down people's throats and telling them they would rot in hell one day if they do not turn their lives over to Jesus is in my opinion, is wrong in so many ways. Why not try to improve the lives of these people by building schools leading to better education, better hospitals and clinics for better mental and physical health, better water systems etc. etc. In some ways the Duggars, and yes I include Derelict, reminds me of third world country leaders. It is better to leave people sick, uneducated, and fearful because it will lead them to want to blindly fellow their so called leaders who say they have their best interest in mind, but it leads to their best interests being taken care of at the expense of others.

On 3/16/2018 at 8:58 PM, Misslindsey said:

How long before Jill posts on Instagram a picture of Sam/Iz or a #besthubbyever post?

She better not!  Mine is #besthubbyevah cause he brought me a donut the other day and I didn't even ask!  It seems to me that sending out tweets to distract from Dickweed is a full time job.  Almost worthy of a weekly schedule.  

• Love 9
On 3/16/2018 at 9:10 PM, DragonFaerie said:

Back in the dark ages - like 30 years ago, I had a co-worker that was similar to Derick - he didn't believe that women should work, totally fundie, etc.  I came to work, through the back door, in my jacket with buttons - including ERA, Against abortion-don't have one, Isis, Pagan and proud, etc, etc.  It drove him crazy.  LOL

My co-workers liked that I took the heat and he ignored them.

My kinda person!  

I do hope Dickweed does write that book he keeps alluding to and maybe he can have his mother write the forward.  HA!  Seriously he does seem in need of some help to figure out his place in this world.  Too bad he has a couple of kids and a clueless helpmet who have to weather the storm as he does this.

• Love 3

Day-um! Look at the bags under Derdork’s eyes. He is not a healthy specimen and should not be flying to “foreign countries”.  I do hope these folks are aware that most people in Guadalajara are already God oriented - they’re Catholic! 

• Love 10
On 3/17/2018 at 5:00 AM, Marigold said:

I scrolled back and didn't see a discussion on this...this Derick section is so involved that I could miss it. 

I read that Jill entered Izzy in a beautiful child contest and the prize is $350.  

My first thought is she is now making Izzy earn his keep????

On 3/17/2018 at 6:54 AM, ginger90 said:

Strange picture. Jill looks nuts with the scissors in her hand and of course her ridiculous expression. 

For any who can’t view it

95790A75-8199-4BC1-AF8E-053E5DBDA020.jpeg

If this is a cute kid contest she needs to keep her face out of the pic.  Is she trying to sway voters hoping they are leghumpers?  I also find it gross that people of means (well they should have means) are going for freebies.  

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

My first thought is she is now making Izzy earn his keep????

If this is a cute kid contest she needs to keep her face out of the pic.  Is she trying to sway voters hoping they are leghumpers?  I also find it gross that people of means (well they should have means) are going for freebies.  

Sheesh. At least take the picture in focus, include both kids, stay out of it, and, did I mention the picture should be IN FOCUS? SMH. 

• Love 15

I wonder if anyone has asked Cross Church why a non-student is going on trips with them.  Shouldn't this be a student only trip?  I wonder what they would say?  

I can see Sammy not having to pay airfare if he sits in Jill's lap, but he's still going to need food and a place to sleep.  Plus a couple of suitcases for things like wipes, diapers, clothing, and all the other baby gotta haves for a week - which means more money.

But I'm guessing we'll have a week without Derick's tweets and Jilly instagram posts.  I doubt they ponied up for a plan that includes Mexico on their phones.  But who knows?

• Love 1

They posted from the DC "mission" trip. It appeared the trip consisted of passing out tracts at the monuments and a meet and greet with their Congressman. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

I wonder how Izzy feels?  Mom and Dad both leave with baby brother and he gets farmed off to Cathy - ugh, or dumped over at TTH.  Jill should have saved the money, stayed home with her two kids and let Derick go by himself.  I mean if she was terrified of being home alone at night, she could have gone over the TTH with the kids.  

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

I know if I was a student in that (or any) program and someone brought along an infant on a student trip, I'd be highly pissed.

Yeah, and I like babies and would consider him a treat.  I do, however, understand that for some people, infant crying is like sticking pointed drills in their ears.

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

I know if I was a student in that (or any) program and someone brought along an infant on a student trip, I'd be highly pissed.

I feel bad for Jill. She completely lacks the emotional intelligence to understand that this trip is not for her.

• Love 5

19K&C is one of my forum faves.  However, I avoid this thread like the plague, so I have no idea what's going on with the Dillards.  Unfortunately, I couldn't miss a story in today's UK Daily Mail.  I thought it strange that Derick would criticize a show on TLC.   I had no idea that it was because TLC refused to help them pay the medical bills for Samuel's time in the NICU.  I was under the impression that they got paid to appear on the show.  I didn't know they were volunteers.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

19K&C is one of my forum faves.  However, I avoid this thread like the plague, so I have no idea what's going on with the Dillards.  Unfortunately, I couldn't miss a story in today's UK Daily Mail.  I thought it strange that Derick would criticize a show on TLC.   I had no idea that it was because TLC refused to help them pay the medical bills for Samuel's time in the NICU.  I was under the impression that they got paid to appear on the show.  I didn't know they were volunteers.  

The birth in question was Izzy's. They weren't filming the Dullards when Sammy was born in July. Jill has had a couple talking heads this season, but they could have been filmed at any time since she was responding to pretty general questions (ie. about her wedding dress, etc). 

On 3/17/2018 at 6:15 PM, queenanne said:

I think Jill is in the picture to rule out even the vague possibility that someone might not know which kid is hers amongst the vote-stackers piling in.  

Honest to God, this couple has ZERO shame.  Using your 3(?)-year-old to help support the family is just waaaay beyond the pale.  She’ll most likely enter Iz and Sam in baby contests at county fairs this summer, if she thinks she can win a few bucks by doing it.  These two take the term LOSERS to an entirely new level. ?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

But I'm guessing we'll have a week without Derick's tweets and Jilly instagram posts.  I doubt they ponied up for a plan that includes Mexico on their phones.  But who knows?

It would be amazing to get a week free of Derick's tweets, though. A week without Derick and his mother putting nonsense on the internet, 280 characters at a time? That's a nice vacation for everyone. 

(well, i mean I guess Cathy still is here and tweeting, but its better when they haven't joined forces.)

Edited by allonsyalice
  • Love 3