Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, ariel said:

Is it safe for Anna to fly this late in her pregnancy?  I know Smuggler doesn't give a rats ass.

There's nothing dangerous about flying late in pregnancy although most women want to stay close to home.  Anna probably didn't have a choice.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Airplane or stink bus, if a Gothard husband wants to drag his wife along with him, a little thing like late-term pregnancy isn't going to stop him. David Waller yanked that poor fool Priscilla all over the country when she looked ready to give birth at any moment. It's part of a wider pattern of selfishness and disrespect: Josh naps while Anna gives birth; Michelle goes into labor and Jim Bob won't drive her to the hospital until after he's enjoyed his breakfast; Josh strides ahead while Anna struggles with the kids/luggage. 

Just remember that in Gothard land females are nothing more than slaves.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, WescottF1 said:

Apparently the Smuggars are paying a visit to good ol' Rockford.  North Love Baptist (where he served his 'rehab') is a mere five minute drive from me...

Looks like Joshua is still pregnant too. I sure hope he has an easier time with the delivery and recovery than poor Derick! 

• Love 13

He's associated with the Bateses as well. Dude gets around. 

He sung at North Love's morning service, but I didn't get an email about the Sunday night service. They kept that fat fuck under wraps. And yes, his ass has about three zip codes. Not to mention the moobs. Dude needs a bra more than I do.

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

"Grat" time?  I know, consider the source, but it bugs me.

Anna looks so huge, she appears to be leaning back, propped up on Josh's belly.  Ew.

So are we to assume that JB has had enough of hiding Smug behind potted plants and such?  Does he think it's been long enough and everyone's simply forgotten and moved on, so it's time to spin the story of the prodigal son?  Again, ew.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 13

Josh and Anna are positioned in a way that would be real easy to crop out, and you would never know they were in the photo. Actually kinda brilliant planning incase there is another scandal. Snip snip! Josh and Anna who?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

"Grat" time?  I know, consider the source, but it bugs me.

Well, I'm sure it was much more like a "grat" time than a "great" time. So there's that ... 

Perhaps it was a Freudian slip. 

31 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Shirts available on the site Anna linked. The one on the right is quite comical, to me.

http://12xvl01scha94d929h1ph8ss.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/MAP_713_714_Conference_T-Shirts_Mockup-copy.jpg

Speaking of Freudian slips ... 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Airplane or stink bus, if a Gothard husband wants to drag his wife along with him, a little thing like late-term pregnancy isn't going to stop him. David Waller yanked that poor fool Priscilla all over the country when she looked ready to give birth at any moment. It's part of a wider pattern of selfishness and disrespect: Josh naps while Anna gives birth; Michelle goes into labor and Jim Bob won't drive her to the hospital until after he's enjoyed his breakfast; Josh strides ahead while Anna struggles with the kids/luggage. 

Our shining examples of godly marriages. Really makes me want one for myself if I can be treated that way!  (Not)

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Mya said:

My goodness they are so smug JB and Josh smiling and grinning at the camera when they realize someone is filming them.

The way they were grinning nonstop and staring st the camera was creepy. Who was the person filming, and was he just standing out in the tarmac in full view?  

6 hours ago, cdp73 said:

I remember Patch the Pirate from 30 years ago when he came to the church I attended.  Now he is tainted by the Duggars.

Oh, what a blast from the past!  Totally remember patch the pirate at my church's VBS in the summers, and that would be about 30+ years ago!  

• Love 1

Who is Patch the Pirate and what does he have to do with church stuff?   And while I imagine that jumper is comfortable for Anna, no very pregnant lady should wear a loud busy print.

ETA: Thanks churchhoney.  And as a very large woman myself, *I* would be wary of an allover loud busy print too.

Edited by EAG46
  • Love 3

They traveled all that way in a private plane to see a puppet show? If the show is for kids why bring the older J boys and not the younger ones? With the Duggars there's always a hidden agenda, a half truth, or a complete falsehood. There's something else going on. Maybe Josh needs encouragement from Jesus jail to stay on the straight and narrow. Who knows? But if it was just to see that dumb-looking pirate it was a total waste of aviation fuel. Money that would be well spent getting therapy for this entire family.

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, EAG46 said:

Who is Patch the Pirate and what does he have to do with church stuff?   And while I imagine that jumper is comfortable for Anna, no very pregnant lady should wear a loud busy print.

He's a guy who writes and performs evangelical music and stories for kids. He started doing his entertaining as the pirate character after he lost his eye to cancer and wore a patch -- kids thought he was a pirate, it seems, and he figured that'd be a good idea for a persona. 

• Love 4

I wonder what they're telling Mack & Mike. They're old enough to remember that daddy went away for a long time after Meredith was born. I bet Josh is giving his shining testimony and showing off his hugely pregnant trophy to prove that Jebus has forgiven him and will forgive all the other losers there.

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I wonder what they're telling Mack & Mike. They're old enough to remember that daddy went away for a long time after Meredith was born. I bet Josh is giving his shining testimony and showing off his hugely pregnant trophy to prove that Jebus has forgiven him and will forgive all the other losers there.

"This was where Daddy was cured of being a pervert."

• Love 24
7 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

"This was where Daddy was cured of being a pervert."

"You'll be sent away if you misbehave, too. We already have a deposit on cousin Israel's room!"

• Love 12

How much does it cost to fly that 10 seater plane? That seems to be a very expensive evening out with the family for a guy who sells used cars on the side of the highway. I'm sure daddy paid, but why would cheapo JB throw away his money like that?

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm sure daddy paid, but why would cheapo JB throw away his money like that?

In addition to the cost, Jim Bob has never seemed very fond of Josh or shown any inclination to spend time with him away from the compound. In the past, JB has posted photos showing him on little jaunts with the other boys or sometimes the girls, but I don't recall any father/son fun times with Josh. If JB was going to pay for an airplane flight and put up with Josh's company, you can bet there's a damn good reason. I'm going with the theory that Josh had a speaking engagement at Jesus Jail. Anna and the kids were going along as props to underscore the miraculous transformation Christ has wrought in Josh's life and Jim Bob was tagging along to make sure Josh didn't screw it up. 

BTW, has anyone identified the big guy in the plaid shorts and the girl in cowboy boots? 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Josiah is morphing into middle aged Kirk Cameron. 

Oh my goodness, spot-on.  Now I can't unsee it.

So when the Dugs go places, do they draw names out of a hat to see who gets to go?  I just find it odd, the randomness of those who get to go certain places and those who don't.  Maybe they run it like a race - whoever gets their suitcase packed and in the van fastest gets to go?  I mean, it's not like any of them have to put in for vacation time or work around their social lives, so I wonder why JB doesn't just haul around his entire brood everywhere he goes.

• Love 3
On 21/08/2017 at 10:32 AM, ariel said:

Is it safe for Anna to fly this late in her pregnancy?  I know Smuggler doesn't give a rats ass.

As safe as it can be to fly on the Mitsubishi DeathTrap 200. 

• Love 5

Boob looks like a puppet with a string lifting his ass.  Well since his is an ass, I am referring to his anatomy.  

That dress is the ugliest thing I have ever seen.  Big florals with wide green stripes for the arms.  Either Anna is having triplets or this dress was a very bad choice for her.  No worries about her flying, if she goes into labor, she will step in the the restroom on the plane and have those Triple M's popped out in no time flat.  

• Love 11

Is Anna setting the record for the world's longest human pregnancy or something?  Not that I want to think about the specifics of when M5 was conceived, but if they announced that it was a boy almost five months ago, she must be due like any day.  Just what every woman wants, to spend the last days of her pregancy with a bandaid baby doing a photo op at the place your husband went to for his "sex addiction."  Good times.

Edited by Libby96
  • Love 20
8 hours ago, truthtalk2014 said:

Boob looks like a puppet with a string lifting his ass.  Well since his is an ass, I am referring to his anatomy.  

That dress is the ugliest thing I have ever seen.  Big florals with wide green stripes for the arms.  Either Anna is having triplets or this dress was a very bad choice for her.  No worries about her flying, if she goes into labor, she will step in the the restroom on the plane and have those Triple M's popped out in no time flat.  

The filter is making the stripes look a little greenish but they are grey/white.  My sister-in-law has this exact same dress, she wore it to a baby shower just this past week. Someone in the Joy thread said it was from Amazon, I'll have to ask SIL if she got it there. When I first saw it I assumed it was LueLaRoe.

• Love 2

The dress may be ugly- but At least it's not form  fitting and we don't see the complete shape of her abdomen. However. Anna is a walking display of why you don't want to have 5 kids in what? 8 years?   

Also, this is not her first heavily pregnant travel escapade. Remember the bus, the book signing tour and the suitcase of baby supplies in case she birthed that baby on the bus. 

• Love 11
53 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Also, this is not her first heavily pregnant travel escapade. Remember the bus, the book signing tour and the suitcase of baby supplies in case she birthed that baby on the bus. 

Also, not the first time we've all been aghast by the Gothard prescribed treatment of pregnant women.  Boggles the mind how any woman can be happy with an arrangement that always gives her the short end of the stick and that there is clearly nothing in it for her.

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Also, not the first time we've all been aghast by the Gothard prescribed treatment of pregnant women.  Boggles the mind how any woman can be happy with an arrangement that always gives her the short end of the stick and that there is clearly nothing in it for her.

And to think, these people owe EVERYTHING to Anna (and to a lesser extent, Jill and Jessa who went on camera when their coward of a brother did not). Anna's staying meant Josh could give a real go of this apparent redemption arc and Counting On could start. Had she peaced out and taken the kids too, no one would have blamed her and the empire would have gone down in flames. And yet they're sticking her in some second-rate house of JB's? Naw son. They should have given her the McMansion that Jill is in. Anna deserves it, and they should all be thanking her on bended knee. She's got JB by the short and curlies, yet she doesn't know it.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 20
15 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Oh my goodness, spot-on.  Now I can't unsee it.

So when the Dugs go places, do they draw names out of a hat to see who gets to go?  I just find it odd, the randomness of those who get to go certain places and those who don't.  Maybe they run it like a race - whoever gets their suitcase packed and in the van fastest gets to go?  I mean, it's not like any of them have to put in for vacation time or work around their social lives, so I wonder why JB doesn't just haul around his entire brood everywhere he goes.

Maybe Josiah and JD went to find a spouse?  Well I know JD was the pilot, but I am sure they are trolling for spouses for him too! 

I think the only reason JD was allowed to learn how to fly is so he could fly his family around. He will never do any piloting independently of his family. JB needed a pilot/chauffeur for his aircraft fleet. He also doesn't have to pay John David to do it. I noticed Jim Bob's children are only allowed to learn about things that benefit HIS family.

• Love 16