Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

I have questions, somebody help me out.

A) Did josh and Anna (or did Anna) really sell the house they were working on? B) has JB recently bought another big house, or is it the consensus that he is offering them the big house Jill vacated? C) what "pool" house?

She's not leaving. All the articles, all the bs about him begging her to stick with him because, you know, Jesus - she's not going anywhere. She hasn't "really" entertained it for a second. She's too entrenched. Intertwined with the family. The sister moms are going to step in and give them all the time they need to work out issues once he gets out. Plus, she can play that martyr card for a good long time. for anyone else in America (maybe in the WORLD), if they'd been slapped in the face as hard as Anna has been enough times, but agreed to stay - roles would clearly be reversed. Josh could be her slave for LIFE, really. His options are very very limited. But...unfortunately, I'm not sure Anna has the chutzpah to DO that. I'm afraid the weight loss is all stress, and when he gets out, she's going to fall right back into her "obedient wife" role.

The way I think it shakes out is this: he gets done with his rehab and comes home a new man, on fire for Jesus and determined to prove to everyone he's a new, changed man. They don't continue with proper guidance, real therapy or counseling, and so they eventually go right back to the roles they always lived. Josh will have a much more menial (substandard according to his belief in his superiority) job, but will conduct himself as the self serving, head-of-the-house buttwipe he's always been. She may even get pregnant again pretty quickly to seal the deal. And then...one day...JOSH wakes up and says, "you know what? I can't LIVE this life anymore. I can't do it. I want out". I firmly believe it's going to be Josh who splits. And Anna gets bitch-slapped yet again. That's what I see. I'll be amazed if it doesn't fall out pretty close to that scenario.

D) how much longer is he in rehab? Anybody know?

HFC I totally agree with your post.  I think if she had any ideas of leaving, she wouldn't be hanging around the TTH.  If she had any gumption, although it would go against her beliefs and teaching, she would take control of the relationship and keep Joshie on a short leash.  But, I don't think that's the way she want to live, and as cmr2014 said above, she has been raised from infancy to submit.  Poor girl in her 20s with 4 children and no real options (at least in her own head) for a satisfying and fulfilling life.  Very sad.

• Love 4

I never watch L&O:SVU, but I have set my DVR to record tonight's show. I'm very curious to see how they approach the Josh/Duggar family story.

(I hope this is the right thread for this comment.)

• Love 1

Cherrio you shut your mouth about my Cisco...lmao!

One thing I must say.  If we have done nothing else but bring humor to the RU Friday night meetings, we have boosted Cicso's ego!  I am not kidding.  Can't you just see how happy he looks.  He probably gives Josh a little shoulder bump every time he sees him and thanks him for the new found attention.

I'll bet he loses twenty pounds this month alone from just our adoration.  

• Love 5

I never watch L&O:SVU, but I have set my DVR to record tonight's show. I'm very curious to see how they approach the Josh/Duggar family story.

If you've never watched SVU before, don't watch this episode. By definition all SVU episodes have at the very least one sex crime because the Special Victims Unit investigate "sexually based offences (which) are considered especially heinous". Ecoterrorism, monkeys smuggled in basketballs, kids hepped up on Ritalin, homeless Jerry Lewis in a fugue state, they all begin with a nasty sex crime.
  • Love 1

In that particular picture she looks horrible imo, not thin but skinny bordering on scrawny and with a fake grin that doesn't reach her eyes. I've seen her looking better in other photos though.

I agree, that picture of her is actually quite terrible. 

I think he gets out in February, assuming he hasn't broken any rules and been forced to re-starte the "program."

I tend to think that they will stay together -- for the worst possible reason, in that they have nowhere else to go.

I, personally, believe the blind item that someone posted a while back that said that Josh has a "girlfriend" in rehab and may well have been promising to marry her. My perception is that all of the Duggars lack empathy, and my feeling is that Josh may feel bad about his indiscretions, ir is only because he has been caught and because he's been made to look bad in his world. I don't think he has any intention of remaining faithful to Anna once he leaves Jesus prison.

I also think that Anna has at least contemplated leaving Josh, but it would require her essentially abandoning her faith to do so. As far as I understand, she believes that God chose Josh for her -- transmitting this bit of wisdom directly to her "headship" -- her father. Leaving Josh would imply a lack of faith in God's plan. She has been raised from infancy to believe that it is her God-given responsibility to submit to her "headship" -- her father, and now her husband. She has been raised from infancy to believe that her sole value in life is to be a wife and mother. And, if your remember the weird, sad thing that Priscilla wrote about marrying David Waller, she isn't supposed to expect happiness in marriage -- she's supposed to expect trials and grief.

Josh isn't going to be willing to break with his parents and struggle financially and Anna has no skills and no ability to support herself. Even if they wanted to divorce, I don't think that either of them is willing to accept the financial hardship that would follow.

Can you find the blind item? I'd love to read it.

I also think that Anna has at least contemplated leaving Josh, but it would require her essentially abandoning her faith to do so. As far as I understand, she believes that God chose Josh for her -- transmitting this bit of wisdom directly to her "headship" -- her father. Leaving Josh would imply a lack of faith in God's plan. She has been raised from infancy to believe that it is her God-given responsibility to submit to her "headship" -- her father, and now her husband. She has been raised from infancy to believe that her sole value in life is to be a wife and mother. And, if your remember the weird, sad thing that Priscilla wrote about marrying David Waller, she isn't supposed to expect happiness in marriage -- she's supposed to expect trials and grief.

The only glimmer of possibility I see is that she does have two sisters and a brother that got out of the cult. The Kellers surely made every effort to indoctrinate their kids, but on the evidence they don't seem to have been very good at it. Priscilla is the big success story there and really, there's something wrong with that woman. It seems like the rebel siblings have not been disowned, so that's a bit hopeful.

• Love 7

It really doesn't seem like a Duggar story but more like one of their Vision Forum (before that scandal) friends. The purity ball (dancing!!!!) and better clothes in the promos look more like a similar group but not Gothard. I'm ready to watch tho.
  • Love 1

Who pays for these meals? It is not like anyone works and TLC likely isn't paying for much now. Whatever money Boob has coming in is not likely being spent. What a life,  no one works and they do whatever they want including eating out.

What the hell is Anna wearing? She always looks dirty to me. Anna is so immersed in this clan that she will never leave Josh.

• Love 8

Why is there a grocery store produce display behind their table?

The Seewalds dine out very frequently for two people with no jobs and a kid on the way.

I think Anna has a tendency to look grimy because she has very thin, fine hair that gets greasy fast. I don't know what to make of her top, it looks like something a small child would wear.

• Love 4

Who pays for these meals? It is not like anyone works and TLC likely isn't paying for much now. Whatever money Boob has coming in is not likely being spent. What a life, no one works and they do whatever they want including eating out.

What the hell is Anna wearing? She always looks dirty to me. Anna is so immersed in this clan that she will never leave Josh.

Well ... everyone drank water.

America has remarkably cheap casual dining restaurants. Even cheaper if you're a cheapskate Duggar who doesn't tip.

Edited by Kokapetl

Who pays for these meals? It is not like anyone works and TLC likely isn't paying for much now. Whatever money Boob has coming in is not likely being spent. What a life, no one works and they do whatever they want including eating out.

If it's Jessa's birthday and also her due date, I'm guessing there was a film crew around and the meal was a "business expense".

• Love 2

Probably so you're impressed with their fresh produce in your food. Or just for decoration.

If Anna wore her hair up, it would help.

• Love 2

Oh, that luncheon photo! Does Meredith have a migraine headache or something? That stupid headband surely will give her one; and what's with those"clodhopper clown shoes" she's wearing....this baby is, what, FOUR MONTHS OLD, and she has shoes on like that? This family never ceases to amaze me...and they're supposed to "do babies so well".?

• Love 5

I think Anna has a tendency to look grimy because she has very thin, fine hair that gets greasy fast. I don't know what to make of her top, it looks like something a small child would wear.

I'm just happy it is not a pregnancy top.

What the hell are those shoes on M4?

I agree.  WTH?  I know you are trying to look cute, but let her feet develop normally. 

• Love 2

The Seewalds dine out very frequently for two people with no jobs and a kid on the way.

They are at a place called Marketplace Grill. I figure it's decorations to give it a marketplace feel.

• Love 3

The boots on the baby look bigger than her head! Had I been Jessa I would have preferred lunch with my girls alone and a nice dinner with DH. I guess Ben was off that day?

Edited by zenme
  • Love 4

I don't know but they look a) expensive and b) incredibly unsuitable for an infant.

I don't want to start an angry mom debate, but I was under the impression that hard-soled shoes are bad for infant feet. Is there any truth to that?

I don't want to start an angry mom debate, but I was under the impression that hard-soled shoes are bad for infant feet. Is there any truth to that?

Well, I'll start the debate (but I won't continue it!). Yeah, there's truth to it. Their feet certainly don't need "support" or "protection" from anything. And being able to use a complex group of muscles flexibly is always a good idea.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

Infants don't needs shoes period. And most toddlers I have known prefer no shoes, (no clothes for that matter), but soft soled shoes were what was recommended when my children were youngins, back in the 80s.

• Love 3

If you've never watched SVU before, don't watch this episode. By definition all SVU episodes have at the very least one sex crime because the Special Victims Unit investigate "sexually based offences (which) are considered especially heinous". Ecoterrorism, monkeys smuggled in basketballs, kids hepped up on Ritalin, homeless Jerry Lewis in a fugue state, they all begin with a nasty sex crime.

Thank you for reminding me of Jerry Lewis in a fugue state.  It's gold, Jerry, gold!

The key difference between the Duggars and the Law & Order SVU episode ripped from their headlines, the parents seemed to actually care about and like their children.  So while they may have been a ultra conservative fundamentalist Christian TV family with 13 kids, they were nothing like the Duggars.  Can anyone imagine Michelle taking care of her children?  I didn't think so.  

They did have an oldest son who had molested some girls and a police officer who leaked his closed juvenile records to our crack team of SVU detectives.  

• Love 1

Bolding mine

Thank you for reminding me of Jerry Lewis in a fugue state.  It's gold, Jerry, gold!

The key difference between the Duggars and the Law & Order SVU episode ripped from their headlines, the parents seemed to actually care about and like their children.  So while they may have been a ultra conservative fundamentalist Christian TV family with 13 kids, they were nothing like Duggars[b/b], Can anyone imagine Michelle taking care of her children?  I didn't think so.  

They did have an oldest son who had molested some girls and a police officer who leaked his closed juvenile records to our crack team of SVU detectives.

Well that Duggar SVU misrepresentation sucks.

Duggar fans will see it as validation

Are we sure they don't have publicists?

If Jerry Lewis is in a fugue state I think that's a good thing.

• Love 1

Speaking of Joshie and his greasy overprocessed boxed foods...wonder if he will emerge from RU having lost his sin and fat too. Do they allow McDonald's runs? Is he trapped there with only a Bible, a red pen, a blue pen and a notebook?

If the prophet Daniel lived on nothing but beans, it's good enough for Josh!

Marigold quote:

Speaking of Joshie and his greasy overprocessed boxed foods...wonder if he will emerge from RU having lost his sin and fat too. Do they allow McDonald's runs? Is he trapped there with only a Bible, a red pen, a blue pen and a notebook?

He has his rod.

Oh!

And staff!

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 5

Marigold quote:

He has his rod.

Oh!

And staff!

His rod and staff will comfort him .

• Love 3