Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

OMG.....I do remember that scene of poor Anna schlepping her luggage on her wedding night..but that wasn't likely the worst thing that awaited the poor lass. Mercifully, for her, it was likely over in less than 30 seconds!

Their first kiss was awkward enough to watch...Anna with her mouth open lIke a fish and Smuggs gnawing her face off...but it wasn't as gross as Prissy and TFDW at their wedding...brain bleach please!

• Love 4

The plane flew from Milwaukee to Rockford back to Springdale earlier today. Were they allowed a quickie visit with Smugs, or did they pick him up and take him home??? 

If he left today, he made it a grand total of 79 days, but I'll defer snark until we either see (or don't see) pictures of him back in AR, all "cured" of course! 

• Love 5

The plane flew from Milwaukee to Rockford back to Springdale earlier today. Were they allowed a quickie visit with Smugs, or did they pick him up and take him home??? 

If he left today, he made it a grand total of 79 days, but I'll defer snark until we either see (or don't see) pictures of him back in AR, all "cured" of course! 

Probably signing paperwork to give Jim Bob complete control over his life. RU sucks, but it better than the compound, so I hope Josh stayed put.

• Love 2

There's a video on this article that someone in Rockford filmed when the Duggar plane flew back to Springdale.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2559493/josh-duggar-gets-visit-from-family-and-may-be-back-home-now

It's kind of blurry and shaky and it is hard to tell exactly how many people were on the plane.  The passenger door was kind of opening and closing, like maybe Josh was trying to escape???

Anyway, the weather was really bad that day and there must have been an emergency reason why the plane flew on, etc.  And, I don't know why the 1 and 1/2 hour flight took four hours, unless they diverted to Chicago first.  

My take is that either Josh got kicked out of reform school (it had strict rules) or that there is some legal emergency back in Arkansas.  What's your guess?  

There's a video on this article that someone in Rockford filmed when the Duggar plane flew back to Springdale.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2559493/josh-duggar-gets-visit-from-family-and-may-be-back-home-now

It's kind of blurry and shaky and it is hard to tell exactly how many people were on the plane. The passenger door was kind of opening and closing, like maybe Josh was trying to escape???

Anyway, the weather was really bad that day and there must have been an emergency reason why the plane flew on, etc. And, I don't know why the 1 and 1/2 hour flight took four hours, unless they diverted to Chicago first.

My take is that either Josh got kicked out of reform school (it had strict rules) or that there is some legal emergency back in Arkansas. What's your guess?

I think they opened and closed the plane door to get it shut properly or confirm that it was shut properly. Way too blurry to identify anyone. The actual flight duration was 4:12, and the scheduled/planned flight duration was 3:54.

Duggar Aviation has two planes, so if there's some sort of need for more than one plane, it can't just be John-David alone flying them.

It's kind of blurry and shaky and it is hard to tell exactly how many people were on the plane.  The passenger door was kind of opening and closing, like maybe Josh was trying to escape???

Anyway, the weather was really bad that day and there must have been an emergency reason why the plane flew on, etc.  And, I don't know why the 1 and 1/2 hour flight took four hours, unless they diverted to Chicago first.  

My take is that either Josh got kicked out of reform school (it had strict rules) or that there is some legal emergency back in Arkansas.  What's your guess?  

I'm shocked that that plane was even allowed to take off. We had severe high winds yesterday in Chicago, followed by heavy rains and more damaging winds.

• Love 4

I think they opened and closed the plane door to get it shut properly or confirm that it was shut properly. Way too blurry to identify anyone. The actual flight duration was 4:12, and the scheduled/planned flight duration was 3:54.

Duggar Aviation has two planes, so if there's some sort of need for more than one plane, it can't just be John-David alone flying them.

The flight in a small plane like that usually takes 1 1/2 hours just from Springdale to Rockford.  Not all of the flight plan is put on the flightaware site.  It doesn't have the full plan that traffic controllers have.  (It's a very long form with alternative landings mapped out, etc., so that if the plane is lost it can be located quicker.)  The screen shot on that article also shows Chicago as a point of origin.  The total hours would be for the entire plan, including time on the ground, etc.  John David needs all of his flight hours clocked if he ever wants to be a commercial pilot.  He has a long way to go before he can charge money for flying people.

Josiah doesn't even have a pilot license yet.  He's still a student.

The flight in a small plane like that usually takes 1 1/2 hours just from Springdale to Rockford. Not all of the flight plan is put on the flightaware site. It doesn't have the full plan that traffic controllers have. (It's a very long form with alternative landings mapped out, etc., so that if the plane is lost it can be located quicker.) The screen shot on that article also shows Chicago as a point of origin. The total hours would be for the entire plan, including time on the ground, etc. John David needs all of his flight hours clocked if he ever wants to be a commercial pilot. He has a long way to go before he can charge money for flying people.

Josiah doesn't even have a pilot license yet. He's still a student.

Cruising speed of a Cirrus SR22 is 183 knots or approx 210 mph, and the two airports are almost 500 miles apart. The flight is not physically possible in under 2:15 and that's a calculation that has the plane flying the whole distance at cruise speed, and flying the most direct route, which it can't in the real world. The filed airspeed was actually 160 knots which is about 185 miles per hour.

The plane is currently dying to Denton, TX.

Cruising speed of a Cirrus SR22 is 183 knots or approx 210 mph, and the two airports are almost 500 miles apart. The flight is not physically possible in under 2:15 and that's a calculation that has the plane flying the whole distance at cruise speed, and flying the most direct route, which it can't in the real world. The filed airspeed was actually 160 knots which is about 185 miles per hour.

The plane is currently dying to Denton, TX.

Try the math again.  Here's proof that the flight which took Josh there in the same plane flew the distance in one hour and 32 minutes: http://gawker.com/is-this-where-josh-duggar-is-in-sex-rehab-1726687142v

Oh, no!  The plane is dying!!  HAHAHAHA

• Love 1

I am starting to think his sisters are right - Josh really is sly.  He may or may not be at RU.  He may have flown to Arkansas.  Oh sure, he wasn't very sly about molesting his sisters and another young girl, registering for Ashley Madison or cheating on his wife with prositutes, but damn if he isn't a master of hiding out after the fact.  Maybe he has been slyly hiding in the pantry at the TTH this whole time, living off of dried goods and thawed tater tots. 

• Love 4

EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT!! For those willing to take on the bad karma of a guilty giggle, here it is:

*Go to the FlightAware records of the plane the Duggars frequently use for personal trips and/or Christian Rehab:  http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N68SY/history/20151111/2020Z/KRFD/KASG (You can also set this FlightAware site to check past recent flight plans filed and taken (or not) by the Duggars or even ask for tracking info on other commercial or private aircraft - just ask Flightware to "alert" you via email to future flight plan filings.)

*Select the plane's Nov. 11th flight going from Chicago/Rockford International to Springdale Muni.

*Double click the little orange "arrows" box in the lower right hand corner of the "flight tracking" screen*

*Then use the "+" button several times to expand the new screen to maximum definition.

*You'll see a blue serrated line on the screen that shows the flight plan filed by the plane's pilot (which, for a variety of reasons, can differ a little or a lot from the actual flight flown); but pay closest attention to the green solid line, which shows the flight's actual path on its declared route. (Sidebar: the green line will also show you if an in-air flight chose to truncate or re-route or even completely ignore the plan it filed with the FAA (as was recently the case when the Duggars, in a simplistic effort at subterfuge, claimed they were going to Illinois but, almost immediately after they took off, performed an in-air 180 and headed in the opposite direction to Texas.)

*Now ... close your office door, get your cat off your lap and put down your coffee and look at the amazing 4 sets of sharp green line zig zags throughout this flight (they look exactly like the "zig zag" stitches my sewing machine makes). What does this mean? It means that the airsick-prone Duggars, flying the  stormy and bumpy air that filled this flight corridor (as noted by other posters), must have had a hell of an airborne ride back home.

How many airsick bags did they use before filling up the last one and chucking (sorry, can't help myself) the effort to contain their now-liquid lunches in some discrete space like a bag (as opposed to splattering their stomach contents on the seats, all over the floor, and on the inside windows of the plane - not to mention fouling their "buy used and save the difference" travelling clothes)? And, if JD was hurling too (likely), how in the hell did he keep control of the plane? (The answer is probably "not very well" and "with vomit dripping off the controls and his front window.") As a bonus, picture Joshie-boy hitching a ride home from RU on this airborne roller coaster (as some have speculated he did). I still remember him, many years ago, vomit bag puffed out and glued to his moon face, as he lost it big-time in the family hurl-fest on what was only a low-bounce ride on the family's original travel bus, 

Now wasn't that delicious? (Yes, again.) Now go do something nice for someone else in this world to negate your karmic debt. But do ask FlightAware for "alert" notifications re the wanderings of this and the other Duggar plane (I forget the call #, but can give it to you if you PM me.) Ahhhh, the Duggars. Like Mary Tyler Moore, they can take a nothing day and suddenly make it all worthwhile!!

Edited by HundFan
  • Love 7

Try the math again. Here's proof that the flight which took Josh there in the same plane flew the distance in one hour and 32 minutes: http://gawker.com/is-this-where-josh-duggar-is-in-sex-rehab-1726687142v

Oh, no! The plane is dying!! HAHAHAHA

I have done the math, and it remains impossible for a plane with a max cruise speed of 180 knots or 210 mph to fly 500 miles in an hour a half without a tailwind of something like 140 mph.

EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT!! For those willing to take on the bad karma of a guilty giggle, here it is:

*Go to the FlightAware records of the plane the Duggars frequently use for personal trips and/or Christian Rehab:  http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N68SY/history/20151111/2020Z/KRFD/KASG (You can also set this FlightAware site to check past recent flight plans filed and taken (or not) by the Duggars or even ask for tracking info on other commercial or private aircraft - just ask Flightware to "alert" you via email to future flight plan filings.)

*Select the plane's Nov. 11th flight going from Chicago/Rockford International to Springdale Muni.

*Double click the little orange "arrows" box in the lower right hand corner of the "flight tracking" screen*

*Then use the "+" button several times to expand the new screen to maximum definition.

*You'll see a blue serrated line on the screen that shows the flight plan filed by the plane's pilot (which, for a variety of reasons, can differ a little or a lot from the actual flight flown); but pay closest attention to the green solid line, which shows the flight's actual path on its declared route. (Sidebar: the green line will also show you if an in-air flight chose to truncate or re-route or even completely ignore the plan it filed with the FAA (as was recently the case when the Duggars, in a simplistic effort at subterfuge, claimed they were going to Illinois but, almost immediately after they took off, performed an in-air 180 and headed in the opposite direction to Texas.)

*Now ... close your office door, get your cat off your lap and put down your coffee and look at the amazing 4 sets of sharp green line zig zags throughout this flight (they look exactly like the "zig zag" stitches my sewing machine makes). What does this mean? It means that the airsick-prone Duggars, flying the  stormy and bumpy air that filled this flight corridor (as noted by other posters), must have had a hell of an airborne ride back home.

How many airsick bags did they use before filling up the last one and chucking (sorry, can't help myself) the effort to contain their now-liquid lunches in some discrete space like a bag (as opposed to splattering their stomach contents on the seats, all over the floor, and on the inside windows of the plane - not to mention fouling their "buy used and save the difference" travelling clothes)? And, if JD was hurling too (likely), how in the hell did he keep control of the plane? (The answer is probably "not very well" and "with vomit dripping off the controls and his front window.") As a bonus, picture Joshie-boy hitching a ride home from RU on this airborne roller coaster (as some have speculated he did). I still remember him, many years ago, vomit bag puffed out and glued to his moon face, as he lost it big-time in the family hurl-fest on what was only a low-bounce ride on the family's original travel bus, 

Now wasn't that delicious? (Yes, again.) Now go do something nice for someone else in this world to negate your karmic debt. But do ask FlightAware for "alert" notifications re the wanderings of this and the other Duggar plane (I forget the call #, but can give it to you if you PM me.) Ahhhh, the Duggars. Like Mary Tyler Moore, they can take a nothing day and suddenly make it all worthwhile!!

Thumbs up for sure on that.  John David has never flown in that kind of weather before.  Just look what he was flying through: http://www.weather.com/storms/tornado/news/severe-weather-forecast-november-10-11-2015

There were winds in excess of 70 mph.  Dear John was crazy to fly into that.  He got a pilot's license less than a year ago and he's a long way from having all-weather experience.  Besides that, if the weather is really bad, commercial flights (multiple jet engines) don't even take off.  That's why I think there was some kind of emergency involving Josh about the flight.  

• Love 1

I was somewhat impressed by threading the thunderstorm.  At least JD could follow ATC directions.  Holding course must have been a real challenge.  I wonder if we'll ever find out what happened.  Was it just Duggar stupid hubris or a major issue with Josh?

• Love 1

Can't get my mind off those Duggar flight zig zags en route back to TTH from Rockford. Just imagine the convos inside that little plunging, rocking plane ...

MICHELLE: What's happening?!? John David? John David? Dear God. Sweet Jesus. Jesus help us!

JB *shouting through his soaking wet vomit bag*: Shut up Michelle. Just shut up!!! John needs to focus.

JOHN DAVID: Ahhh, nooo, ahhh, nooo! Vrurppp. *vomiting*. OK, OK. *Breathing in large gulps of air as he wipes orange effluent off the plane's controls.* OK, OK, better now. I can do this. OK. Yeah.

MICHELLE: Praise the lord. Thank you Jesus. Praise Jesus. Jesus, thank you.

JB *now wretching uncontrollably as even worse weather cruelly buffets the plane  --  but ... still managing to shout at Michelle through his tightly-bagged mouth*: Shut up Michelle! Just shut up!

MICHELLE *realizing the bad weather - and ride - are getting even worse*: Oh no! No! Please. Not again. Jesus please! Oh my lord, help us! Jee ... vrupppp. *She is silenced by violent, projectile vomiting.*

JB *trying to lean sideways to avoid Michelle's vomit, but cheering a little as he realizes she is finally unable to talk*: Praise the lord. Vruppp ....

Wash, rinse and repeat multiple times until the plane finally lands safely in Springdale. 

• Love 3

I was somewhat impressed by threading the thunderstorm.  At least JD could follow ATC directions.  Holding course must have been a real challenge.  I wonder if we'll ever find out what happened.  Was it just Duggar stupid hubris or a major issue with Josh?

He didn't hold course: He detoured and flew, adding 103 miles off the course of his planned flight path.   

EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT!! For those willing to take on the bad karma of a guilty giggle, here it is:

*Go to the FlightAware records of the plane the Duggars frequently use for personal trips and/or Christian Rehab: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N68SY/history/20151111/2020Z/KRFD/KASG (You can also set this FlightAware site to check past recent flight plans filed and taken (or not) by the Duggars or even ask for tracking info on other commercial or private aircraft - just ask Flightware to "alert" you via email to future flight plan filings.)

*You'll see a blue serrated line on the screen that shows the flight plan filed by the plane's pilot (which, for a variety of reasons, can differ a little or a lot from the actual flight flown); but pay closest attention to the green solid line, which shows the flight's actual path on its declared route. (Sidebar: the green line will also show you if an in-air flight chose to truncate or re-route or even completely ignore the plan it filed with the FAA (as was recently the case when the Duggars, in a simplistic effort at subterfuge, claimed they were going to Illinois but, almost immediately after they took off, performed an in-air 180 and headed in the opposite direction to Texas.)

*Now ... close your office door, get your cat off your lap and put down your coffee and look at the amazing 4 sets of sharp green line zig zags throughout this flight (they look exactly like the "zig zag" stitches my sewing machine makes). What does this mean? It means that the airsick-prone Duggars, flying the stormy and bumpy air that filled this flight corridor (as noted by other posters), must have had a hell of an airborne ride back home.

The sawtooth pattern is remarkably perfect and sharp, perhaps the transponder sent rough data that the website software interpreted in a strange way. All those sharp turns in rough weather would stress the airframe. Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

I meant basically that he kept the plane in the air and stayed in the general vicinity of where he was needing to go.  I'm not surprised at detouring around thunderstorms and such.  That is common procedure. 

I am starting to think his sisters are right - Josh really is sly. He may or may not be at RU. He may have flown to Arkansas. Oh sure, he wasn't very sly about molesting his sisters and another young girl, registering for Ashley Madison or cheating on his wife with prositutes, but damn if he isn't a master of hiding out after the fact. Maybe he has been slyly hiding in the pantry at the TTH this whole time, living off of dried goods and thawed tater tots.

I'f I recall correctly they have industrial sized ovens in the pantry so he can cook his tots!

• Love 1

Seriously, why would they visit Josh if it wasn't int he middle of one of his allowed visitation cycles. Something went down.

Maybe to get him to sign some papers of some shady business Boob is starting in his name.

• Love 3

Seriously, why would they visit Josh if it wasn't int he middle of one of his allowed visitation cycles. Something went down.

I doubt it. They were already in Milwaukee and they stopped in Rockford on the way home -- no big surprise. It wouldn't surprise me at all if JB and J'chelle expect special treatment and expect to be allowed to visit on non-visiting days.

I think it would be interesting if it was Huckabee who went to visit Josh. I thought that the Duggar plane might have been chartered by Huckabee to go to the debate, and I still think that's a possibility. Huckabee has always liked Josh and I wonder if Josh has been in touch with him about a job.

He didn't hold course: He detoured and flew, adding 103 miles off the course of his planned flight path.   

Sounds like a horrible trip, but maybe better than RU.

If he's out, he or Anna will post his picture soon, probably his next meal.

Edited by Purpose to defraud
  • Love 1

Josh either escaped Jesus Rehab (claiming a complete cure, I am sure) or Anna paid a conjugal visit hoping to get knocked up. 

I hope Josh flees Jesus Rehab. The fundamentalist life is not for him. He needs to give it up.

• Love 2

It was 100% his parents not teaching him decent manners. It's truly like it never occurred to him.

There was anothet scene at an airport years later that was the same, Anna wrestling with the suitcases.

Maybe Josh inherited MEchelle's missing back muscle.

• Love 6

Maybe Josh inherited MEchelle's missing back muscle.

Josh is missing his entire spine.

I hope Josh flees Jesus Rehab. The fundamentalist life is not for him. He needs to give it up.

Josh and Lamar Odom could take a road trip together.

• Love 6

ME-chelle's absurd claim if missing a back muscle truly shows their ignorance regarding anatomy! This tells me that anatomy would not have been taught at SOTDRT...just the very sight of the anatomy cutaway would have been considered defrauding...particularly the sight of a penis or a vajayjay!

I could understand a weak muscle but if one was missing a muscle...one wouldn't be able to sit or stand properly

• Love 3

So as I started to say in my previous post...if Smuggs had been taught science and some basic anatomy, he wouldn't likely have groped his poor sisters and their babysitter and become a porn addict due to his uber repressed fundie upbringing Since even his own family uses the word "sly" to describe him...no doubt they truly had a proverbial fox in the henhouse.

Science...we don't need no steenking sciece...because we can just visit the Creation Museum and see that Adam and Eve rode around on their brontosaurus only 6000 years ago!

• Love 1

But he might have still done it for other reasons. Plenty, probably most, of molestors and porn addicts had normal educations, so Josh doesn't get a pass from me just because he was undereducated. You don't need an anatomy lesson to know not to touch up your sisters.

Really we'll never know.

• Love 5

I'm biased from these boards, but I wonder if most of the public thinks of Josh first in the Ashley Madison scandal? There were many many famous people on the list that was released, but most had the common sense to either deny or not speak out and have faded from memory.

I wonder if Josh never released a statement if the public would have moved on.

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 2

Kalamac...totally agree...there are plenty of sex offenders out there who received a proper education...and plenty of those with similar upbringings as Smuggs who would never even think to do such a thing....faulty hardwiring can happen anywhere.

No, I don't believe Smuggs deserves a pass...his behavior was unconscionable.

• Love 4

Josh either escaped Jesus Rehab (claiming a complete cure, I am sure) or Anna paid a conjugal visit hoping to get knocked up. 

I remembered to jump in to Cisco's Corner tonight, and one of our intrepid posters asked Cisco the rule about visitors. Either Cisco or Edward confirmed that there are only three visits allowed during the course of "treatment." It was also admitted that "treatment" at RU consists of dealing with a shit ton of rules and regulations until you learn to "obey" God. (or fake it until you make it, for a lot of them, I bet).

Alrighty then. I just can't see Smuggar actually following rules, he of no self-control. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6

Exactly! I kind of hope he's being a colossal asshole to the staff. Yes, he can spout bible verses at the drop of a hat; he was raised that way. So in essence, that part of the rehab is a piece of cake. It's the WORK part that I bet he is really struggling with. Well, that and regimented meal times...no grazing allowed! 

• Love 5

I remembered to jump in to Cisco's Corner tonight, and one of our intrepid posters asked Cisco the rule about visitors. Either Cisco or Edward confirmed that there are only three visits allowed during the course of "treatment." It was also admitted that "treatment" at RU consists of dealing with a shit ton of rules and regulations until you learn to "obey" God. (or fake it until you make it, for a lot of them, I bet).

Alrighty then. I just can't see Smuggar actually following rules, he of no self-control. 

Rules? Smuggs is so smug he thinks rules aren't for special snowflakes like him.

Exactly! I kind of hope he's being a colossal asshole to the staff. Yes, he can spout bible verses at the drop of a hat; he was raised that way. So in essence, that part of the rehab is a piece of cake. It's the WORK part that I bet he is really struggling with. Well, that and regimented meal times...no grazing allowed! 

I've been wondering since the whole Joshgate II went down just how much the Duggars/ATI/Gothard people understand that a REAL rehab doesn't work like this. Not at all like this. 

It's staggering how counterintuitive and illogical the RU program is. People who turn to drugs, alcohol, sex, whatever, because they can't deal with what's really going on in their lives, their heart, their soul...

Well, just push it even FURTHER down into the pit that's eating you alive, rake leaves or mop floors for eight hours a day, go to Blame U. for forced services every day, have virtually no contact with the fragile support system you may have left, and never, ever talk about what it was that brought you to your knees. Literally and figuratively. 

Sounds like a winner to me ! I wonder what the relapse percentage is... ?

• Love 6

I'm biased from these boards, but I wonder if most of the public thinks of Josh first in the Ashley Madison scandal? There were many many famous people on the list that was released, but most had the common sense to either deny or not speak out and have faded from memory.

I wonder if Josh never released a statement if the public would have moved on.

Good point re board bias. I was just thinking the other day that the only two I'm aware of are the two Josh's, Duggar and Real Housewife of NYC Josh Taekman. I was sure there were others but completely not on my rader.
  • Love 2

I've been wondering since the whole Joshgate II went down just how much the Duggars/ATI/Gothard people understand that a REAL rehab doesn't work like this. Not at all like this. 

Of course, in their tiny but incredibly arrogant and deluded minds, nothing is "real" except their particular brand of it. .... So for the Duggars what we think of as real rehab is just like real school, real labor-and-delivery care, real science -- lame, Satan-infested twaddle that they are so blessed and precious and special to know better than. 

• Love 5