Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

Ha, love it! Too bad she's never been allowed to watch the episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents where the demure little housewife bashes her husband's head in with a frozen leg of lamb and then cooks and serves it to the detectives investigating his murder.

OMG, that is one of my favorite Alfred Hitchcock episodes & about the only one I remember. Even my mom references it every now & then. Now we just have to decide what food Anna could use as a weapon......

(edited)

OMG, that is one of my favorite Alfred Hitchcock episodes & about the only one I remember. Even my mom references it every now & then. Now we just have to decide what food Anna could use as a weapon......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1sBQZfDh0I

It was also on Tales of the Unexpected- with intro by Dahl himself. Hitchcock fans will see numerous familiar stories in that series. Now back OT...

I'm pretty sure Anna uses ALL food as a weapon. "Want thirds? Here let me pour some more gravy on that!". It's a long con, you see.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 5

I think Josh leaving will have a lot to do with how Anna feels. I'm not sure how she will feel about staying in AR, and I think she believes in Josh more than anyone. I think she's very protective of him. (The video I saw was not an adoring Anna- it was protective Anna.)

Anna is the one with the best connections within their religion. It may end up that they stay within the Gothard world while leaving the Duggar circle, which has been drifting from Gothardism somewhat.

I don't remember holding my belly the nonstop while I was pregnant.

You probably didn't see being pregnant as the crowning achievement of your life and the only thing of value you as a woman can produce. And also that being pregnant enhanced your husband's manly standing in the community, which you as a submissive wife are duty bound to support

• Love 24

You see TV actors in pregnant suits doing it too. It's clearly a directed move.

Most women who are pregnant remember putting their hand to support their backs!

• Love 5

You see TV actors in pregnant suits doing it too. It's clearly a directed move.

Most women who are pregnant remember putting their hand to support their backs!

Pushing them down from the top saying "get OUT from under my ribs!!!"
  • Love 2

And I'm guessing Josh is fuming because HE should be the one ranting on Twitter.

I have seen Tony rant before but I always thought Josh just posted a picture or made brief short statements on the controversial topics from FRC. Josh never seemed like someone who could skillfully debate a topic or even spit out more then a few prewritten lines about an issue. The few times I tried to listen to his radio show with call in guests, he wasn't comfortable with coming up with quick responses to hot button topics. I still think he didn't mean to say his Aunt was against gay marriage on his radio show but he was like a deer in the headlights and couldn't come up with the right words.

• Love 3

Wasn't it "special rights" his aunt was supposed to be against? I wonder what he thinks that means. It's not as if straight people can't have same sex marriages now too.

• Love 5
Josh never seemed like someone who could skillfully debate a topic or even spit out more then a few prewritten lines about an issue. The few times I tried to listen to his radio show with call in guests, he wasn't comfortable with coming up with quick responses to hot button topics.

I would love to see Josh (attempt to) engage in a genuine debate with someone about a hot button issue. Any hot button issue. See how he handles things when he can't just drop stupid, trite (or stupidly trite) soundbites without being called out or disagreed with. 

• Love 9

I would love to see Josh (attempt to) engage in a genuine debate with someone about a hot button issue. Any hot button issue. See how he handles things when he can't just drop stupid, trite (or stupidly trite) soundbites without being called out or disagreed with. 

Against someone who really knows the Bible.

• Love 14

Against someone who really knows the Bible.

I would pay good money to see any of the Duggars attempt to debate a Bible expert in a neutral environment. The Schadenfreude would be spectacular.

• Love 17

The Duggars strike me as the kind of people who, when asked what language the Bible was written in would say English. And attempting to explain the KJV is riddled with translation mistakes would just get a blank look.

Josh is perfectly free to rant on Twitter as a private citizen. People will be just as free to reply.

• Love 11

The Duggars strike me as the kind of people who, when asked what language the Bible was written in would say English. And attempting to explain the KJV is riddled with translation mistakes would just get a blank look.

Josh is perfectly free to rant on Twitter as a private citizen. People will be just as free to reply.

And then, because he cannot stand dissent, he will block you. Ask me how I know. :D

• Love 9
(edited)

Boob is looking for young men that are into ministry to marry his daughters, strange I never heard Josh say he wanted to become a minister.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 3

Special rights? Giving gays the right to marry is not a “special” right. It is a right that they are entitled to, the same that anyone else, including the Duggar tribe, is entitled to.

If I could I'd like this a million times.

• Love 12

"Special rights" has been an anti-gay rights term of art with the FRC for a while now. Fox also uses it a lot. The words reframe the debate to suggest that LGTBQ folks are are asking for special privileges straight folks don't get, but it doesn't actually refer to anything real, as near as I can tell. I'm sure it was on the list of talking points Josh was given when he started his job.

Which is why I wondered what he thinks it means. Does he actually believe that gay folks have some form of privilege that he as an affluent heterosexual christian white male television star doesn't have? Or is it just one of those jackbooted octopus of fascism* political discourse things that sounds like it means something and doesn't.

*see: Politics and the English Language, George Orwell

• Love 22

Does he actually believe that gay folks have some form of privilege that he as an affluent heterosexual christian white male television star doesn't have?

Well, they are free from the constant burden of perma-pregnancy. ;)

Don't they haul everybody along on those things, even the littles?

I think they leave the youngest ones at home. The under-10's.

• Love 1

Unlike a lot of homeschooled, quiverful families, the Duggar children weren't schooled in the art of debating. If Jim Bob can't excel at it, none of his children can either.

• Love 2

Well, Josh clearly toes the family line on the world being divided into pairs of greater beings with penii and lesser beings into which penii are inserted at will. Under the circumstances, you can see why the concept of two or no penii in a relationship, or the even scarier concept that someone might perceive him as a potential insertee from whom consent can be implied by promiscuous knee showing, would break his brain some. 

• Love 19

Unlike a lot of homeschooled, quiverful families, the Duggar children weren't schooled in the art of debating. If Jim Bob can't excel at it, none of his children can either.

There used to be a family that traveled in Duggar circles that taught and couched debate. When I read about them I thought Josh would like that...

Don't they haul everybody along on those things, even the littles? Or does even JB's ginormous "Look at ALL of US!!" traveling circus get shut down by the organization that's hosting/sponsoring their visit, to the extent of minimum age requirements? Because, for JB and Michelle, the whole point of ANY appearance is to hammer home the point of their fabulous fecundity. It's hard to do that if they have to leave some of their loinfruit behind. Same for grandkids, IMO.

I watched an episode where all the Bigs were on a mission trip and poor Mitchelle was home alone with the littles. She could not handle her own kids without the sistermoms and had to call in mother's helpers. IIRC, the unmarried Princilla came to stay.

• Love 4

Last mission trip included Jackson, who they either felt was mature enough to go on one, or the mission trip would make him mature.

They're largely all as useful in Guatemala, as Jackson is in Arkansas.

• Love 6

Boob is looking for young men that are into ministry to marry his daughters, strange I never heard Josh say he wanted to become a minister.

The ministry option flew out of the window once most of their friends learned of his molestration tendencies a decade ago.
  • Love 4

In a weird way I wish Josh WAS still working for the FRC. In one week he'd have to simultaneously bash gays and defend Little Miss Abstinence, Bristol Palin, on her second out of wedlock pregnancy by her second baby daddy. His smug, ignorant hypocrisy would have been on full display.

• Love 20

Oh dear. Am I the only one that has a hard time remembering Jackson isn't 5?

No but I have a hard time remembering any of the Duggars ages. None of them act their age or anywhere close to their ages. Josh is an odd case where he looks in his forties but sounds like he's a little kid.

• Love 5

I watched an episode where all the Bigs were on a mission trip and poor Mitchelle was home alone with the littles. She could not handle her own kids without the sistermoms and had to call in mother's helpers. IIRC, the unmarried Princilla came to stay.

Cousin Famy came to clean toilets in that camera hogging way of hers.

In a weird way I wish Josh WAS still working for the FRC. In one week he'd have to simultaneously bash gays and defend Little Miss Abstinence, Bristol Palin, on her second out of wedlock pregnancy by her second baby daddy. His smug, ignorant hypocrisy would have been on full display.

As fun as this would be to watch, I'm glad he's not out there anymore. 

• Love 8

I'll bet my parents wished they'd have a camera to hog so they would have so many people willing to show to clean their toilets. Come to think of it. So do I.

• Love 2

Are you serious?  Famy cleaned toilets for MEchelle?  Thankfully, I missed that episode. Or, maybe I blocked it from my memory.

If so, that is just nasty and repulsive. I would shoot myself in the foot before I allowed someone to clean my bathroom (aside from someone I hired to do it).    I wonder if she had to go pick up the dirty underwear in Jimchelle's bedroom as well?  Okay- i definitely feel sick now. 

• Love 2

Finding yourself cleaning a toilet in hopes it'll garner you fame should be a wakeup call alerting you to the fact that fame is unlikely to be your destiny. 

• Love 15

Sorry if this is a duplicate of something that's already been discussed here, but I wonder if there will be any kind of publicity from media outlets when Anna has the baby?

I came to ask the same thing. I couldn't remember when she was due but an older article said early June. Clearly we are past that. She had to move and find new care too. Hope she and the baby are ok. She may or may have not known what Josh did but either way dealing with this while 9 months pregnant has to be enormously stressful.

Sorry if this is a duplicate of something that's already been discussed here, but I wonder if there will be any kind of publicity from media outlets when Anna has the baby?

The media picked up the Instagram post from their "engagement anniversary". No reason they wouldn't the birth announcement. But as for cameras following them around for the actual birth ? That I would not expect.

• Love 2

Another poster said (a few weeks back) that Anna's due date was July 10, and that she remembered that because her own due date was July 9. Don't remember who that may have been. (NOT ME said the blue-haired lady!)

• Love 1

Don't they haul everybody along on those things, even the littles? Or does even JB's ginormous "Look at ALL of US!!" traveling circus get shut down by the organization that's hosting/sponsoring their visit, to the extent of minimum age requirements? Because, for JB and Michelle, the whole point of ANY appearance is to hammer home the point of their fabulous fecundity.  It's hard to do that if they have to leave some of their loinfruit behind. Same for grandkids, IMO.

They start taking the kids once they turn 10. Jackson went for the first time last year; this year is Hannie's turn. 

I don't recall Josh/Anna ever going on these trips, but in all fairness, the Duggars didn't hook up with SOS until around 2009 or so. Josh had already ostensibly left and cleaved (although we all now know that didn't really happen). At any rate, I don't recall either him or JD going on these candy, nail painting, fertility bragging missions. 

• Love 1

I had a dream last night where the news announced that Josh was the father of Bristol Palin's new baby. I was actually sorry that I woke up before I could find out what happened next.

Also, I'm cut off at 2 beers on Saturday night from now on.

Funny how the Duggars haven't said one word about Bristol being an unmarried hussie!

• Love 6
(edited)

And then, because he cannot stand dissent, he will block you. Ask me how I know. :D

Please, please tell us (mods' posting guidelines permitting) what crime (cough) you were blocked for. I wanna be blocked too!!!

Edited by HundFan
  • Love 4