Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

That's my take on her, too, but we also know Jim Bob. He doesn't do anything like this unless he has control over content. I don't really think they're at the desperation point yet, where he won't be able to make those demands. It's a hot topic and he still has defenders. Once the defenders jump ship, THEN he will no longer be able to control the situation.  I would love to see angry Megyn going after them. She's a mom.  However, I see FOX telling her that she cannot.  If it's going to be an hour of softball, I don't care to see that shit, 

I've seen Kelly blister some pretty obnoxious people (disclaimer, I am a liberal and rarely watch Fox). I suspect she would like to go after his controlling nature. Whether she'll feel free to fly her impressive zingers remains to be seen, but it would be good television and the show would get hits in the 10s of thousands. 

• Love 3

I know a lot of us were wondering how long it would take Dr. Phil to enter the fray.  It looks like he may have.  Of course he wants to employ his favorite weapon of choice when it comes to child molesters, his handy dandy lie detector machine.  

According to a show insider, “Even though the Dr. Phil show is on hiatus, a formal offer was extended to Josh Duggar and Jim Bob, to be guests on the program. Producers want Josh and Jim Bob to take lie detector tests about the girls he molested as a teenager.”

Like the Duggars would ever entertain such an invitation.  How ridiculous.  I guess old Shill just couldn't resist getting his name involved, though.  If there is a celebrity crisis or scandal, you can always count on him to chase the ambulance .... or family bus, in this case.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/josh-duggar-sex-scandal-dr-phil-lie-detector-test/

• Love 13
(edited)

I've seen Kelly blister some pretty obnoxious people (disclaimer, I am a liberal and rarely watch Fox). I suspect she would like to go after his controlling nature. Whether she'll feel free to fly her impressive zingers remains to be seen, but it would be good television and the show would get hits in the 10s of thousands. 

I agree that Megyn Kelly doesn't shrink away from the more 'delicate' questions and hopefully her interview won't be just another pandering to the Duggar families list of acceptable questions. I am also a liberal and rarely watch Fox but I have admired her 'chutzpah' in the interviews I've seen. As long as it's not dumbass Erica Hill doing the interview, I feel better about it. I know why the Duggar's, since they are very clever, chose FOX network to open up to the public for the first time. I'm certain they chose FOX because of Fox's domination on the political right and American conservatives' distrust of other mainstream media outlets. Case in point is a graph which represents the media coverage of the Duggar's according to network. It's obvious that the FOX news coverage of the Duggar story was a mere blip on the radar.

Screen_Shot_2015-05-27_at_12.36.58_PM.pn

"20 Burning Questions Fox News' Megyn Kelly should ask Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar"

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/05/30/1389093/-20-Burning-Questions-Fox-News-Megyn-Kelly-should-ask-Jim-Bob-and-Michelle-Duggar

I'm pretty sure that Megyn Kelly realizes what power she holds in her hands doing this interview. Depending on how it's received, TLC will certainly make a decision as to whether they'll pull the show or not. This interview will be a push-pull between liberals focused on their connection to groups that link homosexuality to pedophilia and LGBT people as a threat to children, and conservatives who cast the coverage as a left-wing media attack on family values. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Megyn Kelly conducts this interview in an unbiased manner.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 7

JB manipulates everything. Having Joshie poo would not be good for their brand.

The girls would NEVER be able to have a spin off without JB and Michelle being in control and taking a cut. 

Just no.

I think they ALL just need to fade away into obscurity and well, go get jobs like the rest of us.

• Love 13
(edited)

Seriously, I am not holding out much hope at all for this interview.  It will be the same old, same old, with lots of mentions of Jesus, forgiveness, and redemption. JB would never agree to a live, unscripted interview, and if Megyn Kelly asks the tough questions, I can see him storming out.  It would be interesting to see the fallout if THAT happened.

Not a fan of Fox News, but I think they are just looking at this as a ratings bonanza, and honestly, I could see any other network doing the same.  Anderson Cooper interviewed the family a while ago, and he was throwing softballs too.  I was quite disappointed.

The leg humpers will never change their minds about this family.  Even if a tape that caught Josh in the act surfaced, they would still defend him and his wonderful family.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 12
(edited)

I noticed that first on that list of "Burning Questions" was this:

After you learned of the abuse, did your daughters receive care from a licensed medical or psychological professional? If not, did they receive any care, can you describe who and what?

That is a very valid question and even Megyn Kelly should be willing to ask it.  But I wonder to what extent the Duggars will refuse to discuss particulars about their daughters under the pretense that they don't want to "out" any of the girls as having been one of Josh's victims.  It would be a convenient way to avoid having to answer a lot of tough questions about anything pertaining to any treatment the girls may or may not have received, what pressure may have been put on them regarding "forgiving" their brother, what it was like for them living in the home with him afterwards, and the extent to which the Gothard doctrine of blaming the victim was preached in their home following the molestations.  

Not that Megyn Kelly would be inclined to actually ask any of those tough questions.   I anticipate that she is going to take this interview and turn it into an expose' of the scourge of America's anti-Christian bias and invoke the name of the dreaded Lena Dunham as evidence of a horrible double standard being employed.  

I am filled with disgust just thinking about the self-satisfied smirk that is going to be on her face as she does her condescending little sign off.  I just can't stand that woman.  

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 10

I noticed that first on that list of "Burning Questions" was this:

That is a very valid question and even Megyn Kelly should be willing to ask it.  But I wonder to what extent the Duggars will refuse to discuss particulars about their daughters under the pretense that they don't want to "out" any of the girls as having been one of Josh's victims.  It would be a convenient way to avoid having to answer a lot of tough questions about anything pertaining to any treatment the girls may or may not have received, what pressure may have been put on them regarding "forgiving" their brother, what it was like for them living in the home with him afterwards, and the extent to which the Gothard doctrine of blaming the victim was preached in their home following the molestations.  

Not that Megyn Kelly would be inclined to actually ask any of those tough questions.  Based on her article, I anticipate that she is going to take this interview and turn it into an expose' of the scourge of America's anti-Christian bias and invoke the name of the dreaded Lena Dunham as evidence of a horrible double standard being employed.  

I am filled with disgust just thinking about the self-satisfied smirk that is going to be on her face as she does her condescending little sign off.  I just can't stand that woman.  

I tweeted the link to Megyn Kelly. I hope she knows that the questions listed there are the specific questions that people want to know, and I hope she uses some of them.

(edited)

If Boob hates women then why is it that only women interview them?

Easy - he feels superior to them, in every possible way. And completely intimidated by adult men, especially those with any education beyond high school. Biggest - weenie - EVER.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 23
(edited)

I think the Duggars are making a big mistake about this interview.  They have no intention of answering (or allowing to be asked) any serious question.  They will avoid the incest angle at all costs.  They won't answer a single question that most people want answered.  All they will do is thank baby jebus and talk about how prayer and forgiveness has brought their family together.   Any Gothard program will be mentioned as a professional counseling program and they will avoid answering the fact that they allowed future survivors to be created because they didn't do anything.

I don't have much hope for Megyn but I will say she has hands down the best line in political coverage EVER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1lJ3tfQFpc

So maybe Megyn will hit hard or deviate from the list of questions that Jim Bob insisted on.  I mean, few people support child molesters but even fewer support incest.  I think we might be surprised at what happens. I mean, she smacked down Karl Rove without blinking. I think she might even work up some disgust for these idiots.

Either way, Jim Bob would be better of staying quiet.  Any thing they say will just keep this in the headlines longer and anything they don't address will be highlighted and the talk of all their haters/critics/etc. 

I have to believe they have no Crisis PR team in place.

Edited by hathorlive
  • Love 8

Honestly? I despise FOX news...but if they handle them with kid gloves...they WILL make themselves look even worse. If Josh came out as gay...they'd be on that like flies on shit and he'd be damned

• Love 5

My list of burnjng questions would be short, but perhaps no sweet.

1. At what point did you suspect or know that ANY of your children had been touched inappropriately? How did it happen a second time?

2. Do you think parents have a responsibility to protect the victim of a molestation over their image, the molester, or their income?

3. Did the victims ever receive professional, licensed therapy or speak freely with a victims rights advocate?

4. Knowing what you knew, how could you possibly sign a contract to do a television series or run for public office?

And, finally, the one I, personally, want them to answer:

5. How could you add six additional children to your family when you knew there were struggling, hurt, confused children in your home?

• Love 21

I have to wonder-if Josh had parents who did not make their kids grow up in a sexually repressed house, but sent them to a regular school, let them date early, (let him 'make out with his GIRL FRIEND..etc..) would any of this happened?!

Probably, since unfortunately it can happen in any house, in any lifestyle. Placing the blame solely on Jim Bob and Michelle seems to excuse Josh. Plus the kids had lots more interaction with outsiders than once a year, there often were "unschooling" jokes made beacuse the family was gone so much or had so many visitors. The early days of their show were them visiting friends, often for a week or more.

All the sheltering and dating rules do is push young people towards early marriage. I know lots of preacher's kids who vowed to wait until marriage, and they all married by 20 so they could have parent approved constant sex. Most divorced by mid 20s.

• Love 4
(edited)

Maybe someone can explain to me.  I get that Josh did whatever he needed to to be forgiven in his religion BUT does the Bible not say something like "Render unto God that which is God's and render unto Caesar that which is Caesars"? I know this is about taxes but do also mean Josh should have accepted any criminal or civil penalties?

It's my sense, based on what has been reported so far is that Jim Bob and Michelle, with the support of their church, decided that Josh (as a minor) would never be put into a position to have to accept any criminal penalties.  He confessed, repented, and will sin no more; he is forgiven by the one who matters.  There are any number of biblical quotes they could hold up to substantiate that line of reasoning, and just as many they could choose to ignore.  And with the victims offering their forgiveness to him, most certainly expected in the faith in order to receive forgiveness for their own sins, it certainly mitigates the potential for civil penalties.  It's a very disturbing story all the way around.  I continue to hope that he's not a threat to anyone in his household.

Edited by anneofcleves
  • Love 6

There are questions Megyn could ask without even talking about Josh or the victims. If this interview is about the parents and on a news channel that cover politics, I say she needs to ask Jim Bob about his statements he made while running for office. There is no reason she could not ask him about incest being a capital offense. She could also ask him what his definition of incest was? rape? touching? While this might not be the questioning most of us want to hear about, the questions we want won't get asked. If she got Jim Bob to admit more about his political views and statements on incest , it might put more heat Jim Bob to get out of the spotlight or at least get out of the spotlight for a longer time.

Another non controversial question I hope is asked , is what is Josh planning on doing now to support his son to be family of 6. I can see Jim Bob says Josh just bought a foreclosure and he will be fixing it up for awhile and focusing in on his family. How many 27 year old father of 4 small kids with a GED who just lost a job could afford to buy a home and not work. Then the Duggars will need to admit how much the show and selling stories and interviews pays the bills these days. Jim Bob can claim he was debt free before the show (and living bare bones poor) but Josh is just starting out. 18 months working in DC with $3500 a month rent and 3+ kids does not mean he could have saved enough to buy a house for cash and live without working.

My wish is that the interview would have been live. I would rather have Tony perkins or Bill Gothard or Mike Huckabee interview the Duggars if it was live. I have a feeling Jim Bob would make a few mistakes and deviate from his "perfect scripted words" if the interview was live.

• Love 4

$3,500? Seriously? In DC? A cursory search on a real estate site which tends to have slightly spendy listings in NYC got me 80 3 bedrooms in DC for less than $2,500.

Seriously, way to put away grain for those seven lean years, Josh boy.

• Love 1

$3,500? Seriously? In DC? A cursory search on a real estate site which tends to have slightly spendy listings in NYC got me 80 3 bedrooms in DC for less than $2,500.

Josh didn't live in DC and never has. He and Anna lived in Maryland. I'm not sure if that's any cheaper though.

Josh didn't live in DC and never has. He and Anna lived in Maryland. I'm not sure if that's any cheaper though.

It is my understanding the rental was furnished so that might explain the higher rent.

I think the Duggars are making a big mistake about this interview.  They have no intention of answering (or allowing to be asked) any serious question.  They will avoid the incest angle at all costs.  They won't answer a single question that most people want answered.  All they will do is thank baby jebus and talk about how prayer and forgiveness has brought their family together.   Any Gothard program will be mentioned as a professional counseling program and they will avoid answering the fact that they allowed future survivors to be created because they didn't do anything.

I don't have much hope for Megyn but I will say she has hands down the best line in political coverage EVER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1lJ3tfQFpc

So maybe Megyn will hit hard or deviate from the list of questions that Jim Bob insisted on.  I mean, few people support child molesters but even fewer support incest.  I think we might be surprised at what happens. I mean, she smacked down Karl Rove without blinking. I think she might even work up some disgust for these idiots.

Either way, Jim Bob would be better of staying quiet.  Any thing they say will just keep this in the headlines longer and anything they don't address will be highlighted and the talk of all their haters/critics/etc. 

I have to believe they have no Crisis PR team in place.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "interview" suddenly gets canceled.

• Love 2

OK, found the listing. The current rent they're asking is more like $2,500. Which is actually pretty good for a five bedroom with a four car garage.

I think my objection stands.

Maybe someone can explain to me.  I get that Josh did whatever he needed to to be forgiven in his religion BUT does the Bible not say something like "Render unto God that which is God's and render unto Caesar that which is Caesars"? I know this is about taxes but do also mean Josh should have accepted any criminal or civil penalties?

I'm not sure that is applicable (it may be, I'm just not sure).  However, given that Josh was a minor and doing what he was told was necessary, I don't fault him for not getting the proper therapies and/or penalties.  Again, I lay most of this at the feet of the parents.....FIRST AND FOREMOST for raising their children a la "Flowers in the Attic."  

• Love 4

I am curious about Anna. I admit, I'm jaded. I have never seen her as a sweet and innocent wife. She was marrying into fundy royalty, and she knew it. Note the change in her appearance. The permed hair with the straight bangs smeared across her forehead are gone. The hair is a darker, richer hue. The teeth, by her own admittance have been straightened (Invisalign) and although she had not admitted to it, noticeably whiter. The eye makeup is more expertly applied and the clothes, though not revealing, are most definitely not homemade or purchased at Walmart. 3,500 a month for house rental? Pretty good digs for a girl raised in a trailer. I don't think she'll leave Josh, but if she does I suspect it won't be because he's a perv. It may be dissatisfaction that he can no longer keep her in the style which she has become accustomed.

• Love 2

My take on this interview is that its TLC requested and TLC controlled.  The people who sign on with TLC do not have control over much of what they do when it comes to interviews and appearances.

I think the only reason the interview is being done is to gauge the public's opinion of them, then making a final decision about the future of the show.

Since it is being taped, then I give it 0 (zero) validity. Doesn't matter which network is doing it, except the TLC knows that any remaining fans might watch Fox News over the others. 

Bottom line is for me, is that The Duggars cannot tell or demand anything from TLC.   If this is Duggar driven, then TLC has probably already severed ties with them.

• Love 11
(edited)

I have never seen her as a sweet and innocent wife. She was marrying into fundy royalty, and she knew it. Note the change in her appearance.

I think Anna would have dutifully married the local garbage man if that's what her mom and dad told her to do.  But she lucked(?) into a Duggar who lucked into a high profile lobbyist job in DC.  With that circumstance she had to change some things, right?

She's an attractive young woman.  She grew up, moved away from the trailer in the small town to the DC suburbs, and figured out ways (or maybe figured out that it's OK in her new environment) to look a little prettier.  I'm glad Anna and the other girls have at least some latitude with their appearance.

Edited by anneofcleves
  • Love 11
(edited)

My nephew and his now wife live in Maryland. Maryland is not cheap  depending on where you live. Some areas are exclusive and pricey while others are more middle class and cheaper. They also lived in DC  for quite awhile and paid about $3,000 for a one bedroom with a 24/7 doorman in NW DC(both work in DC).  As Wanderwoman can attest, DC is almost as expensive as NY. The closer to DC the more expensive.  A another nephew and his gf live(the sin!)  together in a "hip" area of Brooklyn and pay $3,000 for a one bedroom apt.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 1

I spent nearly 20 years living in DC and the DC suburbs. $2500 a month was reasonable, maybe a shade high for where they were living. But if it did come furnished, that would be VERY reasonable.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think I read somewhere that they had a five-bedroom -- maybe 3000 sq ft or more? I hope I'm not hallucinating this. I suppose they figured they needed a lot of guest rooms for the nannies.

ETA: Okay, I read it in the Daily Mail. 5 bedrooms, four baths. 3300 sq ft    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3102594/Goodbye-Washington-D-C-hello-Siloam-Springs-Disgraced-Josh-Duggar-s-secret-plan-escape-50k-Arkansas-house-child-abuse-scandal-ruins-propects-political-career.html

They also say it was furnished (at least partly).  I believe that I read some place else, a while ago, that it also has a river view. So that would make it a little more desirable, too. I'd say the $3500 was about right.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

And Anna's family status within their community was higher than the Duggar status. (Especially if it was an open secret about Josh, which it appears it was.) HE was marrying up, not the other way around.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't hold it against Anna for doing things like obtaining braces to improve her appearance. Most of us in that same finanical position would probably do the same thing.  Also, as the wife of someone in Josh's position, she would be expected to look good and not wear shitty/ugly looking clothes.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 12

His rental in Maryland was in Oxon Hills. I'm not familiar with this area but Ihave heard people who are saying the rent might be more reasonable because it is a less desired school area? Obviously Anna was homeschooling so space was more important then schools.

I thought the rent was around $3k after seeing a link a year ago on Zillow when people were questioning if Josh was going to stay or buy a new home. Yesterday there was an article comparing Josh rental home (saying it was $3500 a month) and his new "used" foreclosure in Arkansas which cost 55k (a steal if you ask me for a mini TTH on a big piece of land, all it needs is some new flooring and paint, nothing major).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3102594/Goodbye-Washington-D-C-hello-Siloam-Springs-Disgraced-Josh-Duggar-s-secret-plan-escape-50k-Arkansas-house-child-abuse-scandal-ruins-propects-political-career.html

Remember Josh made somewhere between 140-175k plus perks & benefits  for his hate job with FRC.

• Love 2

Yeah, I found a picture of it. I'm just kind of staggered that they celebrated their promotion from modeling frugality and modesty and independence from government in the family setting to working to mandate it legally on a national level as a K Street lobbyist by renting a big expensive house and buying his helpmeet fashionable new clothes and a makeover.

• Love 1

It was never clear what Josh was making, and I've never thought that number accurate. I'd put His salary more between the $75-125K range, and I'm betting it was mostly financed by a few specific private donors.

• Love 2

... I say she needs to ask Jim Bob about his statements he made while running for office. There is no reason she could not ask him about incest being a capital offense. She could also ask him what his definition of incest was? rape? touching?

I am guessing Jim Bob might claim what Josh did was not actually "incest" as Webster's defines it since it didn't involve penile penetration (that actually is the Webster's definition of it -  I looked it up online, and I was surprised by the narrow definition, quite frankly).  It would be a very convenient way for him to differentiate what Josh did from the acts of people Jim Bob think should be executed. 

That is not to imply I think Jim Bob would be lying if he said that is his definition of the word.   Jim Bob Duggar has made it clear to the everyone that penises are all that matter in his world.  So if Josh's penis wasn't involved, it's just not that big of a deal.  Of course the vaginas of the girls that were violated are far less significant and of no real importance.  Violations like that are really just an opportunity for them to become stronger spiritually! 

It's too bad Jim Bob didn't view several years in a state operated locked residential facility for sex offenders as an opportunity for his son to become stronger spiritually.

• Love 4

His rental in Maryland was in Oxon Hills. I'm not familiar with this area but Ihave heard people who are saying the rent might be more reasonable because it is a less desired school area? Obviously Anna was homeschooling so space was more important then schools.

I thought the rent was around $3k after seeing a link a year ago on Zillow when people were questioning if Josh was going to stay or buy a new home. Yesterday there was an article comparing Josh rental home (saying it was $3500 a month) and his new "used" foreclosure in Arkansas which cost 55k (a steal if you ask me for a mini TTH on a big piece of land, all it needs is some new flooring and paint, nothing major).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3102594/Goodbye-Washington-D-C-hello-Siloam-Springs-Disgraced-Josh-Duggar-s-secret-plan-escape-50k-Arkansas-house-child-abuse-scandal-ruins-propects-political-career.html

Remember Josh made somewhere between 140-175k plus perks & benefits  for his hate job with FRC.

The two downsides of where the house is are the schools being a little chancy -- but they had no reason to care -- and lack of Metro access, which I suppose people who'd never lived around much public transportation would care about either. For a furnished house of that size, big garage, river view, furnishings -- somewhere between $3000 and $3500 would be right on the money, given the pluses and minuses, I would say. For something that size closer in or close to transportation or in a top school system, you'd pay way way more. So I think they basically made the tradeoffs to get what mattered to them.

Yeah, I found a picture of it. I'm just kind of staggered that they celebrated their promotion from modeling frugality and modesty and independence from government in the family setting to working to mandate it legally on a national level as a K Street lobbyist by renting a big expensive house and buying his helpmeet fashionable new clothes and a makeover.

He probably figured that at he had earned the right to have surroundings suitable to his greatness.

• Love 3

It was never clear what Josh was making, and I've never thought that number accurate. I'd put His salary more between the $75-125K range, and I'm betting it was mostly financed by a few specific private donors.

And....... He has a GED! He operates on "Duggertime". Can't get his grown ass out of bed on time! EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR? Josh Dugger is their top guy? They are going to stamp out marriage equality and abortion? Maybe they should start little smaller. Train Josh to get out of bed before noon. Proof that this organization is operated by bird brains and funded by half wits! And further proof that those who follow him and his ilk are wastes of space.

• Love 16
(edited)

Honestly, a $3000 (even $3500) a month rental in this area isn't exactly fancy. Their MD house has vinyl floors and basic oak cabinets - not exactly a McMansion. I live in Fairfax County, VA and the prices outside of DC are unreal. I live in a nothing special 2000 sf 50 year old split level that would easily rent for $3000 a month and sell for $500 K. I could probably buy THREE identical houses for the same price in my home state of Michigan. I do have better schools and Metro access compared to Joshie.

I know the salaries and housing prices sound crazy to outsiders, but Josh's DC lifestyle is pretty middle class. Gosh, I hate to defend him! I think if he and Anna (and the J-slaves) put some work into his Arkansas house, it could end up being a nice home for their family. It sounds like money goes a loooong way in Arkansas. I'd say I'm jealous, but I don't really want to live in Arkansas and I'm guessing the job market isn't what the D.C. market is.

Edited by KittyS
  • Love 3
(edited)

He probably figured that at he had earned the right to have surroundings suitable to his greatness.

Because I'm sure whatever he did for that year and a half was totally worth a third of the average lifetime income for a high school graduate. Because greatness.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 5
(edited)

If the interview with Megyn is softball, I will be disappointed since she is a mother. Should she softball it, I want the Duggars to offer Josh to watch her child(ren).

Not sure of how good of a dancer she is, but her tap dancing around that answer should be legendary.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 6

Yes, the cost of living here in AR is great! We're in a 4000 sq ft McMansion on a wooded 1 acre lot, wood floors, granite counters, inground pool. We pay $1000 less per mo on our mortgage than Josh's rent. Walmart & the companies that have vendors to Walmart are the biggest employer here, I think. Also Tyson foods & JB Hunt.

I think Josh is either going to be working for JB in some way (rental properties?) or do the church circuit. I'm not sure who wants to listen to him now. I'm sure even some of the leg humpers have turned away from the Duggars, no?

• Love 3

Honestly, a $3000 (even $3500) a month rental in this area isn't exactly fancy. Their MD house has vinyl floors and basic oak cabinets - not exactly a McMansion. I live in Fairfax County, VA and the prices outside of DC are unreal. I live in a nothing special 2000 sf 50 year old split level that would easily rent for $3000 a month and sell for $500 K. I could probably buy THREE identical houses for the same price in my home state of Michigan. I do have better schools and Metro access compared to Joshie.

I had the option of picking a job in DC and a job in Michigan for about the same salary and I took Michigan.  The cost of housing anywhere in the DC area or suburbs was that cost prohibitive.  I can live like a minor ducal lord in Michigan compared to the rents in DC.  My uncle owns a house within walking distance of the Pentagon.  He bought it for 37000 in 1960.  It sold last year for over 900,000.  Nothing is affordable in that area.

I think Joshie realizes how lucky he as to "get out" and how much he's lost.  I guess since we'll never see justice for the survivors, at least we know he's right back where he started, living down the road from his parents, dependent on their good will to feed his kids.

That would be hell for me, so I will hope he'll find out what the word humble means.  Assuming he wasn't allowed to watch Charlotte's web.

I don't really know what Megyn will do.  She's not exactly Veronica Mars but I have to think on some level she's insulted that a yokel from Arkansas was put in charge of an important group and his parents are that stupid.  I would hope.  I've learned to be disappointed with the press and the Duggars.  I stopped watching Anderson Cooper after that travesty.

• Love 4

If Boob hates women then why is it that only women interview them?

Well, Jim Bob has never sat for an actual interview. Any interviews in the last decade have been scripted with approved questions and memorized responses.
  • Love 5

I don't hold it against Anna for doing things like obtaining braces to improve her appearance. Most of us in that same finanical position would probably do the same thing. Also, as the wife of someone in Josh's position, she would be expected to look good and not wear shitty/ugly looking clothes.

I don't either. She probably wanted braces as a teenager but her family couldn't afford them.

• Love 3

Josh was not ED of the entire FRC.   He was ED of communications of something.   They gave him a fancy title and office.   He didn't actually do anything.   They just trotted him out to read speeches someone else wrote.  

But still pretty cushy job for someone with only a GED and very few actual life experiences.

• Love 13