Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

On 9/24/2017 at 0:49 PM, Patricia07 said:

I think I see a salad.

Where's JB and Michelle? And who are the guys seated to either side of the Generic Duggar in the pink tie?  I feel like the boy in the blue tie is a Duggar but I'll be darned if I know which one.

My favorite person in this picture is the dude photobombing in the top right.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Where's JB and Michelle? And who are the guys seated to either side of the Generic Duggar in the pink tie?  I feel like the boy in the blue tie is a Duggar but I'll be darned if I know which one.

My favorite person in this picture is the dude photobombing in the top right.

Blue tie boy is James, frequently a chaperone.  The other is Justin, the only Duggars boy who ever wears bangs.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Do we know this for sure ?

No. It's an inference people have made based on the Dillards not being at the Mexican restaurant and maybe a couple of other absences from them lately(?) (although I don't remember what those were, or actually if there even were any ...). Combined with what I think is the completely off-the-mark connection people seem to be making between the fact that we hate the stuff Der's saying and a suspicion that therefore Boob must hate it too (or at least see it as a serious threat to their TeeVee career)! ...

I'm skeptical because a) I know Boob doesn't hate Der's hard-line biblical-bludgeoning and right-wing remarks and b) I actually think that, by this point, TLC would probably like them more with some spice and controversy because it might spur a little hate watching. After all, how many viewers is yet another wedding-dress search going to bring in? Are the ranks of leg-humpers actually going to increase at this point? Of course, unlike me, Boob may think that controversy isn't good for the show's future. Hard to tell what he would think about that, I suppose. Or whether he'd be right or wrong about it.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

No. It's an inference people have made based on the Dillards not being at the Mexican restaurant and maybe a couple of other absences from them lately(?) (although I don't remember what those were, or actually if there even were any ...). Combined with what I think is the completely off-the-mark connection people seem to be making between the fact that we hate the stuff Der's saying and a suspicion that therefore Boob must hate it too (or at least see it as a serious threat to their TeeVee career)! ...

Thanks, that's what I thought.

4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

They are pretty children.  Henry has cutened up.

Henry was so homely for his first few months.  I remember even wondering if he was normal.  Now I feel badly for even thinking that.  He is a real doll, now!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, louannems said:

Henry was so homely for his first few months.  I remember even wondering if he was normal.  Now I feel badly for even thinking that.  He is a real doll, now!

He definitely looked Churchillian, but I'm so glad he grew out of it. What a cutie.  

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Seems like the baby did enjoy it, but still. Two year olds probably shouldn’t be wrestling infants.

I don’t understand wrestling. 

#momreferee?

My last 2 were 16 months apart and they spent their first 5 yrs almost constantly play wrestling!  The baby was a tough as nails girl, too.  To me, they seemed like frolicking puppies!

• Love 12
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Boy mom?

It's another annoying internet trend nowadays. Everyone I know with all boys hash tags their social media posts with #boymom or #momofboys. It's one of the million reasons why Facebook is starting to make me stabby. 

Regarding the kids though, I think Spurge's dominance is going to be short lived, lol. Henry is a tank.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

It's another annoying internet trend nowadays. Everyone I know with all boys hash tags their social media posts with #boymom or #momofboys. It's one of the million reasons why Facebook is starting to make me stabby. 

Regarding the kids though, I think Spurge's dominance is going to be short lived, lol. Henry is a tank.

I hate, hate, HATE the boy mom hash tag. So dumb. And so regressive and unnecessary. 

• Like 1
  • Love 12
On 9/29/2017 at 8:38 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Don't be fooled.

Oh I have no doubt Ben and Jessa are still hellfire and brimstone. Jessa has made sure to overwhelm us with Seewald kiddos to try and erase those earlier social media "mistakes".

I find the reversal of roles half amusing. The one couple whom everyone thought was offensive and was going to divorce decided to go down the inoffensive route and everyone is going awwww. The couple that everyone thought was inoffensive and going to do something with their lives have turned into what Benessa was when they were first let loose on social media.

• Love 7

Obviously, Spurge is mimicking his wresting with Ben. I think Henry is still too little and his bones are still fragile for him to be 'wrestling' with Spurge.. He could really hurt his brother by being too young himself to actually KNOW what he's doing. Not good parenting on Jessa's part for encouraging this at this time...JMO

• Love 2

I have 3 brothers,10 nephews and 2 grandsons and wrestling does seem to be a constant activity with boys.  I try not to typify boy behavior/girl behavior, but it does seem to happen anyway!  My nephews used to drive me crazy with their wrestling and it usually didn't end until someone got hurt.  I thought it was kind of cute and that Jessa stopped it fairly quickly.  My guess is that she can't wait for them to play together and was happy to see Henry enjoying it.  I sound like I'm defending Jessa and maybe I am.  I hate their belief system, but I do believe she's a good mom.  So far anyway.  

• Love 20
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why the need for hashtags to make a statement like this? Just stating "I love my boys" seems easy enough. I'm old, why do people do this?

I have no idea it. It drives me nuts. I am a terrible mom. I never tag my pics #lovemy2girlsand1boy. How will they ever know I love them?  And more importantly, how will the world know I love them?  I have just been relying on the thought that my ass being up at 8 am on a rainy, cold Saturday watching my son play soccer shows  my love. Oops. (I would like to add that I don't hashtag my pics at all.)

For some reason, I felt compelled to come back and say that I  TELL my kids I love them regularly...in person/private. I just feel like on SM my actions should prove my love and not a hashtag. 

Edited by HooHooHoo
mommy guilt
  • Love 22
21 hours ago, louannems said:

My last 2 were 16 months apart and they spent their first 5 yrs almost constantly play wrestling!  The baby was a tough as nails girl, too.  To me, they seemed like frolicking puppies!

That's what I thought of when I saw Spurgeon and Henry, haha.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, HooHooHoo said:

I have no idea it. It drives me nuts. I am a terrible mom. I never tag my pics #lovemy2girlsand1boy. How will they ever know I love them?  And more importantly, how will the world know I love them?  I have just been relying on the thought that my ass being up at 8 am on a rainy, cold Saturday watching my son play soccer shows  my love. Oops. (I would like to add that I don't hashtag my pics at all.)

For some reason, I felt compelled to come back and say that I  TELL my kids I love them regularly...in person/private. I just feel like on SM my actions should prove my love and not a hashtag. 

Thank you! 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, HooHooHoo said:

One of my friends hashtags all her photos with her boyfriend #FriendNameAndBoyfriend. An evil part of me suspects that she does that in case they break up she can hit the hashtag and delete all the pictures.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

One of my friends hashtags all her photos with her boyfriend #FriendNameAndBoyfriend. An evil part of me suspects that she does that in case they break up she can hit the hashtag and delete all the pictures.

If you're right, your friend seems smart and practical, the Duggars should do this as they bring back #Josh. Then if #Josh messes up again...

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, HooHooHoo said:

You'd need to use #Ilovemykids  

I seriously have a friend who does that on every photo of her children.  She's not a religious type, so it isn't just that.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Puppies? There's more than just Willow? Sorry, Duggars and animals scare me on behalf of the animals. Video is cute, though.

No pets for the Duggars.  They keep the pet for photo shoots & then they mysteriously disappear never to be seen again.  What their fate is, who knows, but I don't think it has a happy ending for the pet.

ETA - little Damien is saying "puppies".  I hope there isn't more than one poor dog involved.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 5

Jana has Willow in a harness, so it doesn't appear to be as free-range as their other "pets," orange kitty freezing in the snow included.

Edited by Sew Sumi
Not speaking Espanol.
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I'm hoping he just saw people walking their dogs while looking out the window. 

I'm hoping the kid saw some squirrels outside & thought they were puppies.

• Love 2