Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Wow look at the klass going down with the tablecloth on the table. 

I know, right ?! The barn venue looks pretty upscale, so maybe they just rented the place but did the decamaratin' themselves ?

Jeez, I use those super-cheap white table liners as a drop cloth when I paint !

• Love 6

I know, right ?! The barn venue looks pretty upscale, so maybe they just rented the place but did the decamaratin' themselves ?

Jeez, I use those super-cheap white table liners as a drop cloth when I paint !

Only the Duggars take take something classy and make it into tacky.

I don't know if they are just cheap or they just don't have a clue about throwing a party?. And if Sierra is the source for party wear they really need to stop using her , stop being lazy and learn how to decorate with better materials. Pictures are forever!

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 4

Oh barf. How sweet and precious is this baby shower. Milk drinking contest? All the good fundie boys there for free food. On a Thursday no less. Good thing people don't have to work during the week.

• Love 7

Yet still better than her wedding! I bet some fundie wife made the pumpkin cake balls.

You're right, at least it beats a cup of ice cream in a freezing parking lot. They should have let Guinn plan the shower. She did a fantastic job with Jessa's bridal shower and rehearsal dinner. However when it comes to the Duggars you could give them a million dollar budget and the result would still look like a white trash disaster. They have no idea how to decorate or serve appropriate food, but they sure are adept at setting up gift registries and donation links!

• Love 9

At least Jana looks happy... aaaand Jordyn has a diaper on her head.

Probably to keep Josie from eating it. (Fuck, I'm going to hell for that. Though, if the Duggars are what heaven is like, send me to hell.)
  • Love 3

You're right, at least it beats a cup of ice cream in a freezing parking lot. They should have let Guinn plan the shower. She did a fantastic job with Jessa's bridal shower and rehearsal dinner. However when it comes to the Duggars you could give them a million dollar budget and the result would still look like a white trash disaster. They have no idea how to decorate or serve appropriate food, but they sure are adept at setting up gift registries and donation links!

Taking my response about my own personal Hell of a Dugguar-esque shower experience to the Prayer Closet...  :)

It does look like Jana is holding a microphone. In that case, it was very smart of TLC to put Jana and the other "fan favorite" kids front and center during the Benessa VSE instead of JB and M. It might be the first smart thing that TLC has done in a long time... 

Also Grandma Mary representing an older generation. But where is Jinger?

Edited by Temperance

This was much easier when JB had complete control and the girls didn't have instagram. Very subtle, but I do think the kids are getting away on him. I think Jessa's new dress code and social media access are the tip of the iceberg.  The money was the glue that held them together, then chained them to JB, now money is what ultimately may tear them apart as each kid becomes as greedy as their dad.

Co-sign this post 110%.

• Love 7

Also Grandma Mary representing an older generation. But where is Jinger?

Pffffft! Jinger?! She's long forgotten until after the baby is born and Jessa needs someone to swing by, clean the house and watch Quincy while she makes her Starbucks runs.

• Love 2

Today in the Everett (Washington) Herald, there is a recipe that would have been perfect for the shower. It involved Ritz crackers smeared with a mixture of Cool Whip and grape jelly, then frozen. It is billed as a "cake."

I will eat virtually anything but this one is triggering a gag reflex.

• Love 7

Jessa got noticeably clingy when Ben was in the same room as Megyn Kelly, who was married-with-kids, twice as old as he is, dressed as Santa's tallest elf and wearing the ugliest extensions in human history. I'm going to guess she's not too enthusiastic about him spending time with a pretty girl closer to his own age whose tummy is still flat.

I actually wonder if Ben came by for a specific Duggar, or if Jim Bob gave him the next in line who was interested.

• Love 7

Honestly I think that JB let Ben around for another Duggar but Ben/Jessa happened organically - despite JB's mechanizations.

Jill and Derick were a marriage arranged by JB. Ben and Jessa were two young people that wanted to visit Pound Town (thank you 90 Day Fiancé).

• Love 8

Jessa had her baby shower without Jinger? Remember when they were BFFs? Jessa's elevated wife status sure changed their relationship.

We will never know the truth but perhaps Bin had the hots for Jinger but Boob steered him into Jessa's corner because he couldn't wait to get rid of her??

• Love 3

Wasn't the old west marriage retreat also attended be the Seaworlds? Maybe Michelle wasn't so okay with not being in that particular "season of life".

Michele needs to find another hobby now that the baby factory is shut down. Like maybe building wooden bunnies or something. (Ya know like the ones you build in 8th grade woodshop with the cottonball tail). She needs to find something to do. Basketweaving, origami, knitting.  Now that I think hard about it, with all those anti-depressives she's on, she might be better off learning how to make her own beer or moonshine. 

• Love 4

We will never know the truth but perhaps Bin had the hots for Jinger but Boob steered him into Jessa's corner because he couldn't wait to get rid of her??

That could very well be. Jessa was the laziest out of the J'slaves. If Boob looked at her as dead weight, he wouldn't have had a problem cutting her loose.

• Love 3

Michele needs to find another hobby now that the baby factory is shut down. Like maybe building wooden bunnies or something. (Ya know like the ones you build in 8th grade woodshop with the cottonball tail). She needs to find something to do. Basketweaving, origami, knitting.  Now that I think hard about it, with all those anti-depressives she's on, she might be better off learning how to make her own beer or moonshine. 

Or maybe taking care of her own kids?  Like letting Jana have a life and MeeShell get up with the kids every morning, brush the girls' hair, fix their breakfast, read to them, supervise their homework, spend time with them outside laughing and playing, etc.

Or basketweaving.

• Love 11

Michele needs to find another hobby now that the baby factory is shut down. Like maybe building wooden bunnies or something. (Ya know like the ones you build in 8th grade woodshop with the cottonball tail).

This struck me as particularly funny...the Duggars, who breed like rabbits, making wooden rabbits...bwahahahaha!
  • Love 2

Ben only had eyes for Jessa.  On the bridal shower episode, Guinn said that when Ben told her he was interested in Jessa, she told him he didn't stand a chance because she was sure Jessa had a long line of suitors. 

• Love 2

Ben only had eyes for Jessa.  On the bridal shower episode, Guinn said that when Ben told her he was interested in Jessa, she told him he didn't stand a chance because she was sure Jessa had a long line of suitors. 

And that could be true. I just wonder if it is.

• Love 1

Like I said who are we to ever really know? It could be part of their "story" that they love to drone on and on about. No one is going to tell us the truth because these kids aren't allowed to have their own thoughts, desires or even wants. How can we truly know if Bin started pining for Jinger because they had chemistry but Jessa was thrown in because well it's Jessa  no one likes her much. *slithers aways before the pitch forks come out*

What an awful thing to say to your son!  How about "give her a call!"  or "you're a great guy, you two would make a great couple" no mom infers that you are too ugly to be on her radar.

• Love 1

Like I said who are we to ever really know? It could be part of their "story" that they love to drone on and on about. No one is going to tell us the truth because these kids aren't allowed to have their own thoughts, desires or even wants. How can we truly know if Bin started pining for Jinger because they had chemistry but Jessa was thrown in because well it's Jessa no one likes her much. *slithers aways before the pitch forks come out*

No pitchforks here, this family has a long history of creatively crafting stories to fit their narrative.

Michelle's Dr told her birth control caused her miscarriage? Jill was told she definitely will have her next child without a c-section?

Maybe Jinger took the picture for US magazine, so that's why she wasn't in it.

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 1

What an awful thing to say to your son!  How about "give her a call!"  or "you're a great guy, you two would make a great couple" no mom infers that you are too ugly to be on her radar.

I don't believe Guinn was inferring that Ben was too ugly, but rather that he didn't have a prayer.  After all, Jessa has been described as "the hot Duggar girl", so it's only fair to believe there were suitors lining up.  Which was probably true to a certain extent.  Jessa told People magazine that most of the guys who wanted to court them were, "creeps and weirdos".  Seems Ben and Derick were the only two to pass muster.

• Love 2

That could very well be. Jessa was the laziest out of the J'slaves. If Boob looked at her as dead weight, he wouldn't have had a problem cutting her loose.

But wait! Jessa was the head suitcase packer! The household organizer! She could practically be a CEO of some business! And don't forget, she took over "homeschooling". Putting Howlers into corners and forcing them to fill out worksheets. Don't Mess With Jessa! JimBob himself said whoever filled Jessa's shoes....

• Love 7

I don't believe Guinn was inferring that Ben was too ugly, but rather that he didn't have a prayer.  After all, Jessa has been described as "the hot Duggar girl", so it's only fair to believe there were suitors lining up.  Which was probably true to a certain extent.  Jessa told People magazine that most of the guys who wanted to court them were, "creeps and weirdos".  Seems Ben and Derick were the only two to pass muster.

I think what Guinn meant as a famous person Jessa would have more options than her son and she was always allegedly the prettiest of the Duggar girls.  When Guinn met Jessa, she said something, "Oh I know who you are." (And from that, it sounded like Ben talked about her quite a bit, like teenagers sometimes do.)  I always thought Ben had a crush on Jessa long before they met in person. I think that he knew her and the family from the press or the tv show or something. The Seewalds seem a little more mainstream than the Duggars so they watch a little more television, and the Seewalds probably had a short list of approved television shows, which 19K&C would be a big part of.   If he had picked out Jessa from the tv show as his favorite or his crush, then Guinn's comments make more sense.  The show isn't that big a deal to many mainstream people, but in the fundie world the Duggars would be A-list celebrities.

Also Guinn might thought Jessa would prefer someone more grown-up. 

• Love 3

Well, but, if Jessa had been turning people down, and decided she liked the look of Ben, would it matter who he'd been intended for?

So, even though Ben told his mom that he liked Jessa; JD and Joseph commented that at first, they didn't like him because he was always hanging around her, it's all a ruse?! 

• Love 3

...yes I know it's a sonogram but that baby looks like Jim Bob again.

I was thinking the same thing!!! He/she looks identical to Mikey's sonogram picture. It's interesting in both cases because I think Josh and Jessa look just like Michelle. Both Bin and Jessa were cute babies, so I'm sure Quincy will follow suit.

So, even though Ben told his mom that he liked Jessa; JD and Joseph commented that at first, they didn't like him because he was always hanging around her, it's all a ruse?! Never let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy, especially when it involves people we don't particularly like.

Actually, what I said was that we only know what was reported afterwards by interested parties who have something of a history of embroidery. 

So does Jill have superpowers? How will she deliver jessas baby

There will be an "emergency" flight home and Jilly Muffin will come skidding in at the last minute to save the day.

TLC will foot the bill for all flights involved and (hopefully) a licensed, trained midwife to stand off-camera and issue instructions.

• Love 7

My current theory is that the entire "birth" of the Benessa blessing has already been faked and filmed. Jessa, looking radiant, manicured, and wearing full stage makeup, will let out a few phony groans and bible verses to give birth by, while Jill, wearing her "I'm a doctor because I watched ER once" glasses and a stethoscope she got on eBay, will look serious, frown a few times, announce a totally fictional problem, solve it through the power of prayer...cut to shot of stand-in infant, looking pink and healthy while dewy-eyed Duggarites gather 'round.

Because you know neither the Duggars nor TLC would think twice about stooping that low.

• Love 20

Lucky these dimwits don't ever think of asking for business class tickets, TLC probably can't believe their luck and gladly pays for Jillard's economy class tickets.

There's been lots of pictures of them in first class/business class seats.

• Love 3

Pffffft! Jinger?! She's long forgotten until after the baby is born and Jessa needs someone to swing by, clean the house and watch Quincy while she makes her Starbucks runs.

You know you're old when you read this and think "I didn't know Jinger liked Jack Klugman!"

• Love 23

You know you're old when you read this and think "I didn't know Jinger liked Jack Klugman!"

Well, then, I'm about to make you feel really old, because I have no idea who that is... LOL!

Love, 

The 20-something

Edited by Guest