Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

On 3/29/2024 at 10:21 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

Despite the fact that the video spanned the whole week and took place in multiple settings, I didn't see, hear, or hear the baby mentioned once.

I totally forgot she had another baby.  Didn't even miss him in the videos.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
4 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

I totally forgot she had another baby.  Didn't even miss him in the videos.  

I hope Jessa didn't forget what's his name!

• LOL 9

Question. We seem to think that Jess’s basically lets her kids fall out and then get put in bed. I found out someone I know is doing this. In my heart I think it’s wrong but theoretically why is it wrong?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jacourt said:

Question. We seem to think that Jess’s basically lets her kids fall out and then get put in bed. I found out someone I know is doing this. In my heart I think it’s wrong but theoretically why is it wrong?

Kids, and even adults, do better with some type of schedule, even a loose one.  We thrive both physically and emotionally. We develop a rhythm with the predictability of what comes next.

• Like 18
  • Love 2

It has to be a challenge for any Duggar "kid" to figure out that schedules and structure are actually good for kids (or for them!). They were raised pretty feral without much in the way of structure and they were raised to actively resist any hint of critical thinking so breaking out of that to see a different way seems like it could be a real shift. Not defending Jessa letting her kids stand in the fridge drinking milk out of the container or waiting until they fall over asleep to put them to bed, just thinking "out loud." 

• Like 15
13 hours ago, jacourt said:

It could be bad for their dental health if they haven't brushed their teeth before nodding off.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, jcbrown said:

It has to be a challenge for any Duggar "kid" to figure out that schedules and structure are actually good for kids (or for them!). They were raised pretty feral without much in the way of structure and they were raised to actively resist any hint of critical thinking so breaking out of that to see a different way seems like it could be a real shift. Not defending Jessa letting her kids stand in the fridge drinking milk out of the container or waiting until they fall over asleep to put them to bed, just thinking "out loud." 

That seemed to come up for multiple spouses in the marriage retreat episode. I think they were used to chaos. I also think it's why Jessa was billed the family organizer, even though she's really not a natural organizer. She just had a forceful enforcer personality, and I think that's how they view any imposition of structure or order, a necessary evil that has to be rammed down your throat. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 3
1 hour ago, Zella said:

That seemed to come up for multiple spouses in the marriage retreat episode. I think they were used to chaos. I also think it's why Jessa was billed the family organizer, even though she's really not a natural organizer. She just had a forceful enforcer personality, and I think that's how they view any imposition of structure or order, a necessary evil that has to be rammed down your throat. 

There is an old video of Jessa and Jinger packing the clan for some trip and Jessa states she "took over the packing" because she didn't like how the others did it.

That one always made me laugh. It was just so self aware and straight forward. Not usual on the show at all.

• Like 12
On 4/3/2024 at 9:43 PM, jcbrown said:

The only structure was tracking Michelle's menstrual cycle to see when she would get pregnant again. SO wrong and inappropriate.

• Like 17
1 hour ago, precious pupp said:

I wonder if they'll stay almost lookalikes when they're older.  Cute babies.

Henry's a really good looking kid. And both of them as babies, are adorably pudgy babies.

• Like 14

My God, they are DULL. Every single little thing is filtered through Jesus. There's no just having fun for the fun of it. Their only real deviation is Ben's love of sci-fi and fantasy movies. That's how the kids know Star Wars. 

At least JinJer seem to get out a bit, although they are probably equally as intentional with Jesus. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
48 minutes ago, Absolom said:

She's reached the child burden level where it isn't worth the bother to her of getting them all ready, loading them in the van, and then keeping up with them away from the house. 

She doesn't bother when she's home. 

• Like 10
55 minutes ago, Absolom said:

She's reached the child burden level where it isn't worth the bother to her of getting them all ready, loading them in the van, and then keeping up with them away from the house. 

Spurge is plenty old enough to be a brother dad. But he's the little prince, doesn't lift a finger. Jessa obviously has too many kids as it is. And from the podcast, they didn't come out and say it, but there will be more to come. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 9
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

She doesn't bother when she's home. 

At home there is no one there to see it though and comment or give her stink eye if the kids scream or run riot.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I think at one time Spurge was the favorite - until Ivy came along and replaced him. Poor (once) ignored Harry is a sweet boy and Fern is an easy child so they were promoted to spots one and two. Not sure where George fits in yet.

I'm going to guess Surgeon and Ivy are brother-dad and sister-mom, right now.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Same.  But I am old.  What is her excuse?

Right? That's totally fine for us, but these kids need to get out of the house.  Not fair to them, unless maybe Ben gets them out of the house?

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
39 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They talked about one on one time with each kid. They didn't elaborate on where they go, but it's something, I guess. 

Post office, coffee, big house, parking lot

• Like 10
  • Sad 4
On 5/3/2024 at 4:11 PM, Natalie68 said:

Post office, coffee, big house, parking lot

That restaurant that gives customers the free big chocolate desert on their birthday.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

That restaurant that gives customers the free big chocolate desert on their birthday.

“Chocolate mess”. What an awful name for a treat. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
15 hours ago, awaken said:

“Chocolate mess”. What an awful name for a treat. 

Sounds like diarrhea lol

Maybe I should call diarrhea that… hey Bob I’m having a chocolate mess, bring more TP.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

Ben the Rapper is reading a book to the kids using various voices. A Christian based (scary-ish) book from the Pilgrim Series geared toward young children.

To give credit where credit is due, the Seewald children have likely been read to more than the Duggar children and Duggar grandchildren combined.

And yes Jessa is shilling it.

• Like 15
22 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Sounds like diarrhea lol

Maybe I should call diarrhea that… hey Bob I’m having a chocolate mess, bring more TP.

Or as my favorite mukbang Timmy's Takeout says "trip to 'rea town".

These 2 bug me.  They look like they are really irritating.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Ben the Rapper is reading a book to the kids using various voices. A Christian based (scary-ish) book from the Pilgrim Series geared toward young children.

To give credit where credit is due, the Seewald children have likely been read to more than the Duggar children and Duggar grandchildren combined.

Where did they post this? I went looking and can't find it, but I am deeply curious about whether they're based on Pilgrim's Progress

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Zella said:

Where did they post this? I went looking and can't find it, but I am deeply curious about whether they're based on Pilgrim's Progress

I assume this is the post. It’s from 3 days ago on her Instagram.

FC0AE4E1-6161-4AAA-AF9B-ACCACD165AF8.jpeg

27FCA82F-46F2-42AB-B1B5-E15ED7AE64D8.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Ha I read this as Ben the Reaper! 😆

• Applause 1
  • LOL 12
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

I assume this is the post. It’s from 3 days ago on her Instagram.

FC0AE4E1-6161-4AAA-AF9B-ACCACD165AF8.jpeg

27FCA82F-46F2-42AB-B1B5-E15ED7AE64D8.jpeg

Thank you! That was the first thing I found when I googled, but then I couldn't find their post to confirm it was the same thing. 

I have a master's degree in English, and Pilgrim's Progress is easily one of the most boring classics I've ever endured. LOL Hopefully the kids' book is better. 

• Like 10
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Thank you! That was the first thing I found when I googled, but then I couldn't find their post to confirm it was the same thing. 

I have a master's degree in English, and Pilgrim's Progress is easily one of the most boring classics I've ever endured. LOL Hopefully the kids' book is better. 

Worse than Moby Dick? 🤣😆

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Worse than Moby Dick? 🤣😆

Lord yes. At least you get to learn a lot about whales in Moby Dick, and Captain Ahab livens things up way more than Christian ever dreamed of. LOL 

I also love the line "'I will have no man in my boat,' said Starbuck, 'who is not afraid of a whale'” and think about it a lot, as one does. 😂

Edited by Zella
  • Like 8
On 5/6/2024 at 3:05 PM, Zella said:

I tried to read it once because Little Women made it sound interesting. Boourns for false advertising, Louisa May Alcott. 

Dante for the win when it comes to fun with the afterlife (and even then the footnotes saved me)!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
On 5/7/2024 at 3:41 PM, satrunrose said:

I tried to read it once because Little Women made it sound interesting. Boourns for false advertising, Louisa May Alcott. 

Dante for the win when it comes to fun with the afterlife (and even then the footnotes saved me)!

I got into Dante after watching Overly Sarcastic videos on it on Youtube. It's funny who all Dante decided should be in Hell. I don't think Cleopatra deserved it. Not to mention how pathetic Satan ends up being.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)

You definitely need the notes to figure out who Dante hated and why. I feel bad for a lot of the people in the circle of lust (you'd think the way most of them were killed is punishment enough!) but at least getting blown around by a wind is one of the less painful things that happens in Dante's Hell (being turned into a tree that's torn apart by birds, anyone?)

Edited by satrunrose
  • Useful 3
8 hours ago, satrunrose said:

You definitely need the notes to figure out who Dante hated and why. I feel bad for a lot of the people in the circle of lust (you'd think the way most of them were killed is punishment enough!) but at least getting blown around my a wind is one of the less painful things that happens in Dante's Hell (being turned into a tree that's torn apart by birds, anyone?)

That was for suicides? I just got the book and will definitely read the notes. I have heard Dante really hates anyone who isn't Italian especially the Greeks. With the exception of Cassius and Brutus who are stuck with Lucifier.  And he also apparently has a few Popes in Hell which will be interesting to read. Hanging out with Cleopatra and Helen of Troy actually sounds more fun then a punishment.

• Like 3

As far as I remember, and it is a hot minute since I did this in college (but our prof at the time was the Pope's Dante expert -- I always wondered how often the Pope was like "Man! This is a question for my Dante expert!"), Dante was on the wrong side of a massive power struggle in Florence, so much so that he ended up exiled. A lot of the unfamous (to us now, anyway)folks in Hell were his political opponents, including the Popes. I think he does have some friends in the middle sections (gluttony etc) where he's like, "I love the dude, but yup! he's a glutton!"

I've considered Inferno a good motivator to keep your sins minor so you get to hang out with the cool people!

• Like 6

I've heard of postpartum moms' hair changing, but Jessa's kids seem to have all miraculously lost their curls after George's birth. Or maybe that fifth child takes up the scrunch, tousle and twist time. 👨🏽‍🦱👱🏽‍♂️👩🏽👩🏽👶🏽

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
(edited)

Jessa's latest video:

Some tidbits:

There's a part of it in the middle that's an ad for prepared meals a meal prep service called Hungryroot.  Lots of scenes of Spurgeon cutting veggies and cooking. 

Lots of prayer and bible verses at the beginning of the day and at the end of the day.

Spurgeon reads well.

Cute scene when Jessa is talking about buying some ferns, and Fern pipes up, "I'm Fern!"

Funny that they don't realize that cookies made with maple syrup are not really sugar-free.

The kids are very well behaved in the store.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 6
  • Useful 7
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Jessa's latest video:

Some tidbits:

There's a part of it in the middle that's an ad for prepared meals called Hungryroot.  Lots of scenes of Spurgeon cutting veggies and cooking. 

Lots of prayer and bible verses at the beginning of the day and at the end of the day.

Spurgeon reads well.

Cute scene when Jessa is talking about buying some ferns, and Fern pipes up, "I'm Fern!"

Funny that they don't realize that cookies made with maple syrup are not really sugar-free.

The kids are very well behaved in the store.

Hungryroot isn't prepared foods, it's more of a meal prep service, they send you ingredients and recipes; they're actually pretty good relative to Hello Fresh and the others, IMO. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4