Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I actually like the idea of a black front door. It would break up the white and beige. 

Jessa was actually a little more animated compared to her other videos that centered around the kids and the family. I guess she does like doing house projects and may have more skill there compared to cooking or cleaning.

If that's the case it points what a shame it is she was left with only the path of pursuing young marriage and popping out a line of children instead of being able to explore what interested her and where her passions might have taken her.  Maybe she could have pursued a career that allowed her to get paid for doing house projects.

Then again, Jana seems to enjoy house projects as well and hasn't stepped toe towards a career either.   

• Love 2
14 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

To show how much I don't believe much of what they post:  are we sure this wasn't a Jessa stunt for clicks?  She can always say it was one of the kids, and who would know.  It's pretty sad that their prior postings would even bring such thoughts to mind.

I'd say about 95% of the Jessa we now see is for clicks and attention.  I imagine she hates how much Jinger is reported to make on social media.  

She won't "decorate" in any recognizable style like Mid-Century Modern.  She'll cram in the same shabby, grungy furniture & add dead plants, gigantic family photos and as much random plastic crap as she can find. 

None of them have homes with any logical floor plans.  They all have mutant homes with incomprehensible space utilization.  Or trailers.  Or RV's. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

None of them have homes with any logical floor plans.  They all have mutant homes with incomprehensible space utilization.  Or trailers.  Or RV's. 

And all their houses are either so full of junk that they look like the inside of a dollar store or so empty and sterile that they look like the lobby of an Econo Lodge.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

And all their houses are either so full of junk that they look like the inside of a dollar store or so empty and sterile that they look like the lobby of an Econo Lodge.

I wonder if this is because they were never allowed to have things that were exclusively theirs? I moved a lot as a kid & my personal possessions usually had to fit in a small box. As an adult, I have hoarder tendencies and a great attachment to MY THINGS, but I don't decorate at all.

• Love 15
(edited)

I think a black door would be nice in another home -  but the location of the door is already in a darker corner right up against the mantle. It's going to darken that space even more and it will look oddly positioned. She can put black elsewhere in the house - not there.

If they put Birtha in this house, I'm calling Jana? or someone to do an intervention. As JB would say, "I won't allow that." I just cannot watch that happen.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

I have never watched a Jessa video before, so thanks for posting it. The only thing I could think of when she was showing everything is how she's making a mistake with the finish on all the oak floors. With as much traffic as those floors are going to see, she needs to have Swedish finish done. Her plan of staining, then covering with polyurethane isn't going to be very durable. The poly will wear off quickly in high traffic areas and then she's going to have bare wood getting damaged. I wonder if they're doing the finish themselves to save money? Or, they don't know what they're doing? Probably a little of both. They should have done Luxury Vinyl Plank. It's beautiful and extremely durable, especially when you have a small litter of kids tearing around on skates. That hardwood is going to be trashed in no time.

• Useful 11
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

I have never watched a Jessa video before, so thanks for posting it. The only thing I could think of when she was showing everything is how she's making a mistake with the finish on all the oak floors. With as much traffic as those floors are going to see, she needs to have Swedish finish done. Her plan of staining, then covering with polyurethane isn't going to be very durable. The poly will wear off quickly in high traffic areas and then she's going to have bare wood getting damaged. I wonder if they're doing the finish themselves to save money? Or, they don't know what they're doing? Probably a little of both. They should have done Luxury Vinyl Plank. It's beautiful and extremely durable, especially when you have a small litter of kids tearing around on skates. That hardwood is going to be trashed in no time.

When I saw Ivy roller skating across the hardwood pushing a stroller, I wondered why Jessa was even bothering to finish the floors at all.  A month or two of kids skating on it, and her floors will be finished, all right.  Of course, Jessa grew up in the TTH where the kids ran wild  and destroyed as they went, so maybe she doesn't know any better.  But she should.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
29 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

Especially when you let your children roller skate in the house.

• Love 16

Hard wood floors are hard, but not that hard. Polyurethane would need to be put on in layers, with sanding in between, to tolerate skates. Jessa's house is going to be trashed before she even moves in.

She should skip "Scandinavian" and go right to rustic vintage farm. 

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa's before and afters will look backwards. 🙃

I wonder if they'll go with the 'first apartment, can't afford a bed' look in their new bedroom.

With a shelf of plants on the wall over their heads for decor. ,😁

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Notabug said:

When I saw Ivy roller skating across the hardwood pushing a stroller, I wondered why Jessa was even bothering to finish the floors at all.  A month or two of kids skating on it, and her floors will be finished, all right.  Of course, Jessa grew up in the TTH where the kids ran wild  and destroyed as they went, so maybe she doesn't know any better.  But she should.

If they'd have Swedish finish put on the floors, they'd last a long time, even with the kids skating on them. We built our house 31 years ago and the original hardwood still looks pretty great. And, that's after 31 years of living on a farm while raising two kids, lots of dogs and cats and assorted other critters. Now that I've had hardwood put in the bedroom, I'm going to have the original hardwood refinished this summer. The only bummer is you have to move out for three days because it's toxic while they're putting it on. I packed up my dog and spoiled 10 year old house cat and went to my best friend's house while they finished the new bedroom floor.

Polyurethane just isn't durable enough, even with several coats. Oak flooring isn't cheap, either. They've already spend a bunch on materials, they really should have it finished to last. But, she's a Duggar. Go cheap and save the difference!

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Go into Home Depot right now and look at the the tile for sale. Backsplash section -- 95% white/gray, small section of beige/brown, tiny section of blue tones.  Bathroom section -- 99% white/gray. Jessa didn't have much choice in making the kitchen colorless! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Go into Home Depot right now and look at the the tile for sale. Backsplash section -- 95% white/gray, small section of beige/brown, tiny section of blue tones.  Bathroom section -- 99% white/gray. Jessa didn't have much choice in making the kitchen colorless! 

She sounds like she spends lots of time on Pinterest. Maybe she's learned that unless you're someone who is going to change/remodel components like floors, counters, etc often, it's a good idea to go neutral and add color with things you can change out easily. When we built our house, I picked tile that I grew to hate fairly early on because of the color. I had a blast with the pry bar tearing it out when we started on the bathroom remodel😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

She sounds like she spends lots of time on Pinterest. Maybe she's learned that unless you're someone who is going to change/remodel components like floors, counters, etc often, it's a good idea to go neutral and add color with things you can change out easily. When we built our house, I picked tile that I grew to hate fairly early on because of the color. I had a blast with the pry bar tearing it out when we started on the bathroom remodel😂

And that is just why the permanent parts of my house are “Jessa bland”. But things are very colorful despite that.  

• Love 7
Just now, lookeyloo said:

And that is just why the permanent parts of my house are “Jessa bland”. But things are very colorful despite that.  

Yup, we've seen Jessa's 'decorating'.  Everything is in the same boring shades; even stuff like throw pillows and wall art that could be colorful accents and changed frequently.  I think it is fine to go neutral on the major stuff like flooring and countertops, but, Good Lord!  You can paint a wall something other than beige or gray; it isnt hard to change it when you get tired of it.

• Love 8
(edited)

It seems that the aesthetic these days is a boring neutral palette in all aspects of the design. Jessa, Jill, Joy, and the Bates girls all have the most drab decor. I know it goes beyond the fundies, sadly. I was just sticking with people we discuss here.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 5/31/2022 at 4:50 PM, Tuxcat said:

I think a black door would be nice in another home -  but the location of the door is already in a darker corner right up against the mantle. It's going to darken that space even more and it will look oddly positioned. She can put black elsewhere in the house - not there.

If they put Birtha in this house, I'm calling Jana? or someone to do an intervention. As JB would say, "I won't allow that." I just cannot watch that happen.

I’m thinking that Birtha will be moved to one of the bedrooms, probably the master.  IMO Jessa will never get rid of it because of the memories associated with it..

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
30 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m thinking that Birtha will be moved to one of the bedrooms, probably the master.  IMO Jessa will never get rid of it because of the memories associated with it..

But what if she also gave birth on the couch under the window? Will she keep the matching set of Birthas? 😁

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 5/31/2022 at 7:00 PM, iwantcookies said:

Where will she hang all the giant pics of her and Ben passionless kissing?

I can’t imagine the horror of the kids having to grow up with those massive, cringey pictures of their parents. Yuck!

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

I can’t imagine the horror of the kids having to grow up with those massive, cringey pictures of their parents. Yuck!

Especially when they realize their parents kind of hate each other.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21

He had another story about going out to breakfast with Spurgeon around his birthday, so maybe that's something he's started to do to get to know his kids better. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm sorry - her hair. I hope she finished her spa day with a nice bath and shampoo.

I thought her hair looked fine. It was combed and out of her eyes.

• Like 5
  • Love 4
On 6/1/2022 at 4:21 PM, lovesnark said:

If they'd have Swedish finish put on the floors, they'd last a long time, even with the kids skating on them. We built our house 31 years ago and the original hardwood still looks pretty great. And, that's after 31 years of living on a farm while raising two kids, lots of dogs and cats and assorted other critters. Now that I've had hardwood put in the bedroom, I'm going to have the original hardwood refinished this summer. The only bummer is you have to move out for three days because it's toxic while they're putting it on. I packed up my dog and spoiled 10 year old house cat and went to my best friend's house while they finished the new bedroom floor.

Polyurethane just isn't durable enough, even with several coats. Oak flooring isn't cheap, either. They've already spend a bunch on materials, they really should have it finished to last. But, she's a Duggar. Go cheap and save the difference!

how do you do them Scandinavian? to last instead of poly ??

(edited)
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

I thought her hair looked fine. It was combed and out of her eyes.

It looked okay from the front, but it didn't seem combed. The sides and back didn't look good at all.

image.png.c61b0b4484d0cf6e17bda46953666279.png

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 3
19 hours ago, Nysha said:

He had another story about going out to breakfast with Spurgeon around his birthday, so maybe that's something he's started to do to get to know his kids better. 

That's actually good. That's a better birthday gift than Jessa's week-long dollar store presents thrown in a pillowcase for good measure (and yes, I totally believe that was all Jessa).

• Like 1
  • Love 10

This is Spurge from a week ago at Ben's grandma's funeral. Normally when I see a kid like this, I would think they're saying, Dear G... oh no my nose itches, I hope we're having pizza for dinner. When I see Spurgie I think he's saying, Dear God, please bring me a spouse before I die like great grandma.

image.png.a3d93781ce235085275293ba1d2b462a.png

• Sad 12
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

This is Spurge from a week ago at Ben's grandma's funeral. Normally when I see a kid like this, I would think they're saying, Dear G... oh no my nose itches, I hope we're having pizza for dinner. When I see Spurgie I think he's saying, Dear God, please bring me a spouse before I die like great grandma.

image.png.a3d93781ce235085275293ba1d2b462a.png

I think he is praying for cake.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1