Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

On 4/5/2022 at 10:46 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

They were at a Mediterranean place. I just can't picture Jessa eating hummus and lamb kabobs. 

In one of her videos, Ben had brought carry-out home from that restaurant for Mother’s Day (I think it was.).  Jessa said it was her favorite.

I wonder if they have been praying aloud with their children for each child's future spouse. That is a big thing with the fundies, to pray for a child's future spouse from the minute the pee is dry on the stick. otherwise why would spuge even be thinking about that?

• Love 4

I  don't know what's more sad... Spurge being six, and already thinking of finding a wife, or Josie Bates' husband talking about his two year old's purity.  Ugh. And, I don't think  Spurge said that. Where did he meet this girl? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I think her kids are anxious and lonely. Even their cousins Gideon and Evy seem to get more "kid time" that the sad Seewald kids. Izzy and Sam do actual kid stuff like swim lessons and trips to the library.

Makes me so sad how downtrodden the Seewald kids are.

Edited by Lady Whistleup
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I wonder if they have been praying aloud with their children for each child's future spouse. That is a big thing with the fundies, to pray for a child's future spouse from the minute the pee is dry on the stick. otherwise why would spuge even be thinking about that?

Gotta hit them smack in the face with heteronormativity, doncha know. These deplorable hypocrites are the same ones screaming that small kids shouldn’t be exposed to homosexuals and transgender people, and want to charge parents who support their kids when they come out with child abuse. If kids are too young to know they’re homosexual, then kids are also too young to know if they’re heterosexual, right? 

2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I think her kids are anxious and lonely. Even their cousins Gideon and Evy seem to get more "kid time" that the sad Seewald kids. Izzy and Sam do actual kid stuff like swim lessons and trips to the library.

Since the kids don’t go to school, don’t seem to play with many non Duggar kids, and are very limited in what they view on tv and the internet , it should have been easy to shield them from any knowledge about violence, guns, and death. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 23
Just now, scriggle said:

If my non-existent kids were saying what hers are supposedly saying, I'd be making an appointment with a child therapist to get my non-existent kids some help.

And that therapist would have a few questions for you as a parent. 

• Love 24
2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I wonder if Jessa’s kids interact with Jill’s boys. I can only imagine her reaction it Spurgeon asks why Izzy gets to go to “real” school and he doesn’t. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

I wonder if Jessa’s kids interact with Jill’s boys. I can only imagine her reaction it Spurgeon asks why Izzy gets to go to “real” school and he doesn’t. 

Forget real school. I sort of "get it" why some fundie parents want to homeschool.

But:

Why do Izzy and Sam get to go to real swim lessons?

Why do Izzy and Sam read real books? 

Why do Izzy and Sam get to play with a real dog?

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Forget real school. I sort of "get it" why some fundie parents want to homeschool.

But:

Which is why we've never seen Jessa's kids at Jill's house. Jessa herself has only been there once that we know of.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

But:

IMHO, having a good, solid education is far more important for their futures. Israel and Sam will graduate from high school and likely go to college, while Jessa’s kids will get a 9th grade education at best. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

IMHO, having a good, solid education is far more important for their futures. Israel and Sam will graduate from high school and likely go to college, while Jessa’s kids will get a 9th grade education at best. 

You are awfully generous thinking Jessa is capable of properly teaching her kids past elementary school. I don’t think Jessa has the equivalent of a 9th grade education. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 21

I loathe Meeechelle, Dim Bobblehead and Bill Gothard with every ounce of my being. 

And now the next generation of 'adults" they've created in the image they want are warping the hell out of a new bunch of "Christian" children. Bending out of shape in the actual HOPE of making them unsuited to this world. ... And they're succeeding at that. 

And they all think that that's great and that they're great. 

The only tiny bright spot is that they aren't on tv any more, so they're unlikely to convince many more people that their way is so cute, and loving, and moral, and virtuous and funny and just sweetly eccentric and old-fashioned, and utterly harmless "family viewing" and on and on. And that's a damn tiny bright spot.

Those poor kids. Sickening.  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Suzn said:

They sound like seriously anxious kids.  What the hell are they telling the kids?  Is there never anything genuinely funny or lighthearted discussed?

They're taught from birth that they are sinners condemned to hell if they don't please their parents' wrathful deity. They are taught they are filthy sinners whose own natural feelings, sensations, thoughts, dreams, ambitions, and even bodies are their enemies, and that's before being indoctrinated that all of society hates and persecutes them.

• Love 4

Its so sad that Jessa's kids, and Jill's kids for that matter, are introduced into the scary stuff of the world, in the name of religion. The Bible has a lot of scary stories in it. I read somewhere that Princess Diana didn't tell William he'd be king until around 8 or 10 and Kate and William are doing the same with George, because kids should be allowed to be kids.

Why is Spurgie worried about finding a wife before he dies. Why is he worried about finding a wife period? Why are both boys so concerned with pain and violence?

Jessa's kids have the privilege of not having to be exposed to many harsh realities - yet here we are.

And one more thing, if Henry is going to be exposed to the existence of guns, someone better tell him what dead is, because getting shot can be much worse than a pain worse than diaper rash.

• Love 15
58 minutes ago, SMama said:

You are awfully generous thinking Jessa is capable of properly teaching her kids past elementary school. I don’t think Jessa has the equivalent of a 9th grade education. 

Yes, I was trying to be as generous as possible, lol.

• Love 9

I don't follow her so only see the saying of here. I always thought the stuff she posted as Henry were kind of disturbing and violent. Poor Henry. I hope she is making it all up for the kids sake and if she is, she is so out of touch. But given the bible verses that they have to memorize and the age "inappropriate" scriptures Ben uses it is understandable, if her kids are saying crazy stuff. How can she think any of that stuff is cute or funny?  I feel so sorry for these kids, Spurge should not be worrying about anything, much less a wife. Ivy is such a bright and free spirited child. I hope she can overcome her parents. 

• Love 10

My brother has a good friend that is anti religion as an adult.    He was brought up strict JW, and was terrified and convinced every night that he would not wake up in the morning.  I was brought up in a religious home, but it was comfort and love, not hell fire and damnation. I was also not forced to say Bible passages by rote with no understanding of the meaning.  (We were also expected to get a higher education and get a self-supporting job) I really do worry about Jessa's kids.  I hope there are no Joshes in the making.  I sometimes feel that Spurge is getting the "Golden Child" attitude.

• Love 12

I wonder if the kids are getting Armageddon/rapture talk?  Not something I'd bring up with kids (particular ones who are young enough not to really be able to tell the difference between possible and certain), but I wouldn't be surprised if they're hearing that Bin's hugely-age-inappropriate scripture lessons.

• Love 3

I think Jessa may just be passing along her own anxieties to her kids.  She and Ben are not happy people.  Life is not happy-happy, joy-joy all the time, but there should be some moments of happiness and joy.  Ivy "appears" to be a happy child, but I'm sure her spirit will be crushed too.

It doesn't qualify legally as abuse, but it is psychological abuse to instill fear deliberately.

3 hours ago, MunichNark said:

So as per the title, doubt and depression mutually exclude grace and faith? Riiiiiiight.

I continue to feel sorry for her children. That house is a total downer. Neither Jessa nor Bin know what fun is

Scientologists also teach this harmful BS. Clinical depression is a disease, not a moral failing. And like any other disease, you need to see a trained professional for proper treatment.      

Who do you think is more “depressed,” Jessa or Bin?

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Scientologists also teach this harmful BS. Clinical depression is a disease, not a moral failing. And like any other disease, you need to see a trained professional for proper treatment.      

Who do you think is more “depressed,” Jessa or Bin?

Ben, IMO.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Suzn said:

I think Jessa may just be passing along her own anxieties to her kids.  She and Ben are not happy people.  Life is not happy-happy, joy-joy all the time, but there should be some moments of happiness and joy.  Ivy "appears" to be a happy child, but I'm sure her spirit will be crushed too.

It doesn't qualify legally as abuse, but it is psychological abuse to instill fear deliberately.

All the fire and brimstone teachings about an angry, wrathful supreme being are indoctrination and psychological abuse, imo. It’s a shame they feel they need to shame and scare kids this way. Some of us don’t believe in any “gods” and we have integrity, morals, and ethics.  We choose to live without fear and help others because we want to, not because we’re afraid of the consequences if we don’t. They seem to really feel that without guidelines from their god they wouldn’t have a moral compass. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 16

I think Ben would be the most unhappy of the two. It seems to me like he went into the marriage thnking this was true love. I think he now sees that Jessa was not that into him and that she's also unpleasant. I don't think he got the life he wanted.

Jessa doesn't want to change and refuses to see the mess her parents made.

• Love 16

I think Jessa and Ben are fine. Jessa's SM shows hardly anything about their relationship, which I think gives the impression there is none. I do think reality has set in, as it has for all the married siblings, but I think Jessa and Ben still think they both got a catch. Jessa is the hot girl who doesn't need a lot of support and Ben is the hip, handsome preacher. They're good.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Jessa and Ben are fine. Jessa's SM shows hardly anything about their relationship, which I think gives the impression there is none. I do think reality has set in, as it has for all the married siblings, but I think Jessa and Ben still think they both got a catch. Jessa is the hot girl who doesn't need a lot of support and Ben is the hip, handsome preacher. They're good.

Well, as long as they see themselves that way, lol. 

• LOL 17
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Its so sad that Jessa's kids, and Jill's kids for that matter, are introduced into the scary stuff of the world, in the name of religion. The Bible has a lot of scary stories in it.

I was going to say something similar to this. I was going to question if Ben is reading the scary Bible stories because I don't know what other reason that Spurg would have these thoughts(provided he is actually saying them). They don't watch TV besides Andy Griffith and religious things. They don't go to school, have no friends that could poison their religious thoughts. It's all rather disturbing to me. I don't want Sprugeon to end up on the Tim Rod road to life.

Edited by Madtown
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, Madtown said:

I was going to say something similar to this. I was going to question if Ben is reading the scary Bible stories becasue I don't know what other reason that Spurg would have these thoughts(provided he is actually saying them). They don't watch TV besides Andy Griffith and religious things. They don't go to school, have no friends that could poison their religious thoughts. It's all rather disturbing to me. I don't want Sprugeon to end up on the Tim Rod road to life.

3EBC0623-CD8F-4F0D-89BC-82E04B1DEC11.jpeg

• LOL 8
  • Love 11