Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

What up with the pad of Spurgie's foot?

I'd say that a combination of dirt, baby fat and shadow just draw the eye. But none of those things is cause for concern in a toddler. Jessa does seem to bathe her babies regularly, and a little dirt in between is more a good thing than otherwise.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Mechelle bought them at some thrift shop that Jessa pimped out on the original post. She bragged that the haul of WOODEN toys we see cost $31 we it a #buyusedsavethedifference hashtag.

It's amazing how the Duggars manage to find brand new looking toys and desinger labels at all these thrift shops. *eyeroll*.

• Love 11

Jessa named a specific store. I assume that it's a kid's thrift shop. Maybe someone did a deep clean and got rid of all of those toys at once? And "Grandma D" just happened to be there to find them? I know, shady. 

• Love 2

I'll have to back them up on that purchase. My little boy has almost exactly that same haul plus add in those really fabulous wooden alphabet blocks, and they have all come from the thrift shop. Because M&D toys are so sturdy they are easy to pass on. 

• Love 7
On 8/19/2017 at 7:54 PM, doodlebug said:

I don't doubt that Jessa absolutely agrees with Derick on the subject of transgender people, etc. but I also don't doubt that she disagrees with Derick's decision to publicize that stance especially with regards to dissing a TLC show.  Jessa is all about the show and keeping that gravy train running and she probably thinks Derick jeopardized all of their futures when he went on Twitter and announced it to the world.

I bet Jessa would like to Krazy Glue Derick's mouth shut. 

Jessa is mini Jim Bob when it comes to the show. Light & fluffy = TLC money

• Love 8

I could see the consignment event holding the toys specifically for Michelle and then Jessa advertising the find.  It worked out that Jessa received new toys and the event got publicity.  Anna, Jessa, and Jill seemed to have first pick of merchandise when they went to stroller and clothes shopping the time Marcus fell. I don't think it's that the Duggars are these great deal finders, they just get special treatment.

• Love 15
25 minutes ago, birkenstock said:

I could see the consignment event holding the toys specifically for Michelle and then Jessa advertising the find.  It worked out that Jessa received new toys and the event got publicity.  Anna, Jessa, and Jill seemed to have first pick of merchandise when they went to stroller and clothes shopping the time Marcus fell. I don't think it's that the Duggars are these great deal finders, they just get special treatment.

What stinks is that those less fortunate than the D's would probably love to get those items at bargain prices for their children.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, birkenstock said:

That's what I'm wondering and if it's true, that really sucks. There's probably plenty of cash-strapped families who'd love to get their hands on those toys. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That's what I'm wondering and if it's true, that really sucks. There's probably plenty of cash-strapped families who'd love to get their hands on those toys. 

Melissa and Doug toys are fantastic. I bought them for my nieces and nephews when they were small. Steinmart usually carries them and I've always found them there at a discount.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, birkenstock said:

I agree.

On their consignment stroller shopping episode, the store was empty and there was a huge selection.

I have a large family and we thrift shop almost everything. Sometimes we do well but even on a good day, the Duggars always do SO WELL when the cameras are there!  Total set up for TLC. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

I agree.

On their consignment stroller shopping episode, the store was empty and there was a huge selection.

I have a large family and we thrift shop almost everything. Sometimes we do well but even on a good day, the Duggars always do SO WELL when the cameras are there!  Total set up for TLC. 

It wouldn't surprise me if TLC stocked the thrift shop before the Duggars went in to make sure they get some great "finds". Storage Wars does that with one or two lockers per episode.

• Love 17

I wish Ben had married Jinger and then there would be one complete Duggar couple that I could tolerate, rather than half of two of them. I strongly believe that if Jessa wanted to make a full break from Fundism and just be a fairly normal conservative Christian, Ben would be all for it. In that family she is the one holding on to the manner in which she grew up. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Bye bye little house. Note how Jessa had to pull furniture back. And where to store it? 

Ebay?  As in internet?  And what else is she looking at?  Did her headship but some controls on to keep her "safe"?  They all know more than they think we think they do!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

I'm not a Democrat or a Republican. But I love both Democrats & Republicans. Jesus does too. He is the ultimate solution to U.S. problems.

I'm damn sure he voted for the candidate who wanted to end abortion. (And I think he's distancing himself from current US political scandals, and his preferred political party, unlike transphobic Derrick.) Their 'lets breed a million white people to usher in a right wing utopia' cults saw to that.

Regardless, he didn't wire Jesus on his ballot. Jessa made him send this tweet.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Bye bye little house. Note how Jessa had to pull furniture back. And where to store it? 

I've never seen such an extravagant toy. 

And what's with the lifeless yays?

13 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

And what's with the lifeless yays?

That sounds like Jill to me. Could it be?   Probably not.  Jill does the lifeless yays.

Spurge is really a cute little dude.

• Love 4

Jessa is trying hard and I'm glad to see that. 
Ben is pretty aware of politics, people and current events. Is Ben trying to distance himself from what he knows people think about him? 

What song was playing on the radio?  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

It's two or three different toys (the ball/ hole thing, the xylophone, and the car track) that Jessa set up together. I was amused that there were some fat hardcover books propping up parts of the track... Ben's? Wonder if Jessa took them out from under his nose like she "redecorated" Jeremy's books to the closet.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 5
On 8/19/2017 at 6:04 PM, bythelake said:

Hope this isn't blasphemy but I am an ebil Catholic who as a child never read the Bible. We didn't even have one until I was a teenager..In 12 yrs. of Catholic school, I don't remember much about the  Old Testament except that God wrought havoc on a lot of people. Lots of fire and brimstone. . The Duggars religion is straight out of the Old Testament.  Every verse they quote states if you don't fear God this or that will happen. What about Jesus? I was taught that Jesus is a kind and loving God, He loved children, helped the sick sheltered the homeless. He walked the earth doing good deeds. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they consider Christ as their personal savior. Maybe, they should read the New Testament and they may start to feel the love of Jesus instead of the fear of God.

As an aside, I am in awe of all you posters who are so knowledgeable of biblical matters. 

I think the a lot of us, and maybe all of us, tend to be most drawn toward reading/accepting/believing/hearing things that best jibe with our psychologies/longings/preconceptions/beliefs. My guess is that Jizm Bob, especially, and Meeechelle, secondarily, and the Dugg kids, perhaps by nature but definitely by brainwashing, are very fearful people (and, partly because of that, maybe resentful, envious, self-righteous and angry people, too). And so it's this brand of religion that calls out to them. ..........

I think it takes more fearless, warmer, spontaneous natures to be drawn toward the New Testament -- or even many parts of the Old Testament. They make religion in their own image. But then I expect all of us do. 

I'm sure some of the kids have those happier traits by nature more than Jizm Bob does. But he and wifey have worked so hard to shape them in their image that those traits are buried. Poor things. 

Edited by Churchhoney
I post everything twice! I post everything twice! (sorry...can never resist being Yossarian)
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

That song is awesome! Even a punk and metal junkie likes it. It's also my feel good song for the medical challenges I'm presently dealing with.

Just listened to it. Good song! :) I can see where it would be something that could really pick you up and keep you going. I remember liking Mandisa whichever season of American Idol she was on.

• Love 7

I am truly surprised that Jessa filmed him and posted publicly with just diapers on the bottom. 

Just listened to that song.  hey, nice song!

I'm puzzled about the video. That's Robin from GMA? A lesbian?   Does Jessa know this?  

A deliberate attempt to appear cool with all people? Even the ones Derick hates? 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Marigold said:

A deliberate attempt to appear cool with all people? Even the ones Derick hates? 

A more deliberate attempt to appear cool would have let him turn on the radio. I think she knew Boob would lose his shit. She has to pretend she doesn't like this stuff or approve of it because she's beholden to Boob.

• Love 4
On 8/21/2017 at 4:44 PM, Picture It. Sicily said:

That's Melissa and Doug toys. They would have to be the luckiest thrift shoppers on earth to find that many M&D items during a single trip to a goodwill.  Such a stupid thing to lie about.

Target now donates all their clearance to Goodwill after it doesn't sell and anything they damage out. I've been able to find everything from the Our Generation Ice Cream Truck to M&D Dress up over the past 6 months. All brand new. Not saying they're not lying, but it is legit possible.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

A more deliberate attempt to appear cool would have let him turn on the radio. I think she knew Boob would lose his shit. She has to pretend she doesn't like this stuff or approve of it because she's beholden to Boob.

A deliberate attempt to "rebrand" her Christian beliefs as cool and accepting? Particularly a video of Robin, a lesbian? After Derick just picked an ugly fight with a transgender teen? 

This is not a coincidence.  I think Jessa had a strategy with her music choice!  She even told Spurgie to turn on the radio and it was set to the beginning of the song.  When my kids turn on the radio unexpectedly, they get static! 

Jessa is so clever...

• Love 5

I remember my doctor's office as a kid having that yellow car track. It's like a hard, hollow plastic, with a few pieces that go together like a puzzle, and it had some ramps/bridges that were solid and you could connect the tracks to them. I always liked playing with it.

23 hours ago, Marigold said:

I am truly surprised that Jessa filmed him and posted publicly with just diapers on the bottom. 

Just listened to that song.  hey, nice song!

I'm puzzled about the video. That's Robin from GMA? A lesbian?   Does Jessa know this?  

Jessa didn't play the music video, she had a Christian radio station on and that's what she appears to be listening to.  Pop Christian music is a far cry from Gothard!  I doubt she cares about the music video.

• Love 2
On 8/21/2017 at 5:52 PM, ginger90 said:

Michele went here http://www.nwa.rhealana.com/ , it was a consignment event.

Hate to ever defend the Duggs for any reason, but I just happened to go to a RheaLana consignment event last weekend in another part of the country. There were Melissa & Doug toys there. They're mass-produced now and the market is saturated.....Marshall's, TJMaxx, Kohl's, Ross......etc.

Oh Jessa, desperately trying to save the show by defending where the toys came from.  So sly.

Kids should NEVER be allowed to press buttons on the dash of a car. So dangerous. Made me cringe. ((Waves to Jessa.... defensive explanation in 5...4...3...2....))

And ALL Duggs, cut with the "Yay" and clapping over everything. ( Bad. Learned that the first day of student teaching in Pre-K special ed.)

• Love 11