Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I meant that Starcasm photoshopped that pic onto the church's invitation. Jessa covers up part of the date, so that pic wasn't originally there. Or is the church just that dumb? 

Here's another pic from that same photoshoot. I forgot the awful leopard back of that stupid heart shirt. Her entire look is one giant WTF. eta: Note the sandals. I'm starting to believe that she has them glued to the soles of her feet. 

10684042_1535335540030897_2079467468_n.jpg

Searched and searched for that pic with the steeple in the background, but came up empty. However, I did find these which are always good for some snark. :D (Can't seem to resize the Majestic Pearls letter, but I can't find a bigger one with the right extensions. 

images (230x219).jpg

rs_600x600-150204122136-600-2jessa-duggar-instagram.jpg

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

I know the pic is real; I just couldn't find it in my (not so thorough) search. You can see that Jessa has the same hair in the pic I posted from the same shoot. My assertion was that Starcasm (or someone else) inserted the pic adjacent to the church's invitation. The pic is an add-on to the posted invite from the church, which I think is just the card with the pink borders. Starcasm may have just stolen the image from some leghumper who posted it on her Instagram with an easily searchable tag. It kind of looks like leghumper work. 

10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I meant that Starcasm photoshopped that pic onto the church's invitation. Jessa covers up part of the date, so that pic wasn't originally there. Or is the church just that dumb? 

Here's another pic from that same photoshoot. I forgot the awful leopard back of that stupid heart shirt. Her entire look is one giant WTF. eta: Note the sandals. I'm starting to believe that she has them glued to the soles of her feet. 

10684042_1535335540030897_2079467468_n.jpg

Seriously, that's about the ugliest top I've ever seen.  Looks like it was made in a homesewing project for drag queens.

• Love 14

I think I know what her lecture's going to consist of now:  When you're getting dressed, look at your planned outfit and ask yourself: What would Jessa do? If the answer is 'Jessa would wear this!' go to your closet and choose other clothes immediately. As different from the first clothes as possible. If you're still confused, ask yourself: What would Jana do? What would Jinger do? And then do that. Amen.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
33 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

If you're still confused, ask yourself: What would Jana do? What would Jinger do? And then do that. Amen.

Well, Jana would sew a strip of lace across the bottom. So....no.

Jinger would throw out all her clothes and only wear her new, post-marriage stuff, which, unfortunately, had to be approved by her headship.

No 12-year-old would wear any of what Jessa is "modeling"....unless she's freshly sprung from a Warren Jeffs -type situation.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

That tight jean skirt is way sexier than Jinger's pants. 

Jessa was fashionable in Paris. I thought she looked very cool and modern with mostly black outfits and boots. Then she came home. 

Yeah, I saw a bit of that Europe trip. She did look completely different from the way she looks in Arkansas. Wonder why that was? Was she mimicking what she saw -- don't see how that could be, since she had to pack in Arkansas -- or did TLC suggest how she should dress, or what? Is the mismatch up above with the making-your-big-nursing-boobs-look-way-bigger hot pink at the top and the wear-it-and-mix-it-only-with-extreme-care ruffle-skirt at the bottom what she considers American fashion that flatters her? Or is it just a hang-around-the-house comfort outfit?

The main reason I consider Jana and (pre-Jeremy) Jinger better models is because they at least seem to have some idea behind their dressing and some idea of whether the clothes look okay on their bodies (I'm actually not a fan of the new pantsed Jinger, though; I think she often looked better before, plus, I agree with those who think that the pants are primarily Jere-meee's fuck you to Boob, not Jingle's choice). In contrast to Jana and the old Jinger, Jessa's "fashion" seems awfully random to me, and that certainly includes the fact that, as you mention, she seemed to look completely different in Europe. I can't tell whether she's really even interested in having a style of dress or not. So I have a hard time seeing how she can give lectures about it. I'd expect the other two to do better.

• Love 4

Jessa during engagement had some great hits and some great misses.  The dress she wore for the engagement was nice and some of the things she wore before the pregnancy was announced were very modest yet not frumpy.  Then she got pregnant and succumbed to not buying properly fitting maternity wear and has never recovered.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, louannems said:

- or did TLC suggest how she should dress, or what? 

TLC must certainly have took Jessa shopping for her Europe trip.

Have we seen any of those outfits since? What, did they rent them or something??

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Have we seen any of those outfits since? What, did they rent them or something??

Maybe they burned them. After all, we can't have godly America getting contaminated by satanic western Europe.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I saw a bit of that Europe trip. She did look completely different from the way she looks in Arkansas. Wonder why that was? Was she mimicking what she saw -- don't see how that could be, since she had to pack in Arkansas -- or did TLC suggest how she should dress, or what? Is the mismatch up above with the making-your-big-nursing-boobs-look-way-bigger hot pink at the top and the wear-it-and-mix-it-only-with-extreme-care ruffle-skirt at the bottom what she considers American fashion that flatters her? Or is it just a hang-around-the-house comfort outfit?

The main reason I consider Jana and (pre-Jeremy) Jinger better models is because they at least seem to have some idea behind their dressing and some idea of whether the clothes look okay on their bodies (I'm actually not a fan of the new pantsed Jinger, though; I think she often looked better before, plus, I agree with those who think that the pants are primarily Jere-meee's fuck you to Boob, not Jingle's choice). In contrast to Jana and the old Jinger, Jessa's "fashion" seems awfully random to me, and that certainly includes the fact that, as you mention, she seemed to look completely different in Europe. I can't tell whether she's really even interested in having a style of dress or not. So I have a hard time seeing how she can give lectures about it. I'd expect the other two to do better.

I agree with all of this. Jinger in pants somehow manages to look as dowdy as her mother. Jana is the most consistently good dresser out of all of them.

I think Jessa might suffer a bit from the "I got a man, I don't have to care about looking good anymore" mentality that some women from all walks of life have. She's not at Jill's level quite yet, but she's getting there. Jessa can dress really well when she wants to, it just seems that after the honeymoon, she doesn't much want to unless it's a really special occasion. Which is fine...nobody has to care about style and fashion, but if that's the case, maybe don't set yourself up for mockery by getting paid to talk about fashion (though I'm still all for her getting money from dumbasses).

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Well, since Jessa was at her absolute thinnest on her honeymoon, and nearly immediately became pregnant, then pregnant again, they may not have ever fit her since.

12 years ago, I lost 75 lbs on Weight Watchers and for ONE WEEKEND, I fit into a size 4!  The I immediately bounced back to a six.  (Ha Ha Now I'm a 10)! (But much better than my previous size 20)!

• Love 17

I, too, am betting Jessa can't fit into those clothes anymore. She was sooo skinny at her wedding and after two kids so quickly, I doubt she could get into those clothes anymore.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Well, since Jessa was at her absolute thinnest on her honeymoon, and nearly immediately became pregnant, then pregnant again, they may not have ever fit her since.

12 years ago, I lost 75 lbs on Weight Watchers and for ONE WEEKEND, I fit into a size 4!  The I immediately bounced back to a six.  (Ha Ha Now I'm a 10)! (But much better than my previous size 20)!

Good observation...I once bought the cutest little tartan wool skirt when we were stationed in Scotland (this was almost 30 years ago). I had recently lost about 15 lb  and could just about squeeze into it, and since my 20 lb goal was within striking distance at that point, I figured it would be good incentive...Then immediately got pregnant and never managed to actually wear it. I kept that thing for way past the point that I was wearing anything that short in any case, even though I never got within 30 or 40 lb of  getting into it again. I think I finally called it a lost cause about a year ago.  I'd have to be a good 50 lb lighter than I am now to wear that size, and at my age, I don't even think that being that thin would look good. 

Congrats on the weight loss, even if it boomeranged a bit. My actual goal is a size 10 because given my build I just don't think I look good much thinner (I'm short, but stocky and get a bobble-head look at anything much under 135-140). I'm down from a size 18-20 to about 14-16, so hopefully I'll actually get there!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, louannems said:

Congrats on the size 4 and/or 10!  Either sound good to me, as I've been down to near my high school weight and still been a "12 pushing 10".

The Henry video is very cute.  I love the unselfconscious raspy baby breathing, always have.

• Love 4

I just don't know what she could say about modest dressing that would fill a talk. Nothing stands out to me about what she wears that would be something to teach others. I mean what can she say besides, wear a skirt that hits or covers the knee, wear a t shirt or mustard cardigan to cover your arms, and wear inappropriate footwear for every occasion. And when pregnant, all bets are off; emphasize the boobs and belly at all costs.  

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

She may be like Jill and have no idea what to wear once she got away from living with the sisters and the communal closet. 

I'm not sure she ever got away from the communal closet.  She practically lives next door and is at the compound ALL THE TIME.  The only things that have changed are that Jill and Jinger's best clothes are gone.   

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

I The only things that have changed are that Jill and Jinger's best clothes are gone.   

I don't think Jinger took anything.

11 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

It's like Jinger got away and started experimenting with style. Jessa got away and...didn't. 

Jessa has never gotten away.

• Love 7
(edited)

I think Jessa is the type who believes she's so darned fabulous she can wear a garbage bag and still look good, while her less-attractive sisters need all the help they can get. Too bad for her she's losing her looks at warp speed, but in her mind she's still the "hot daughter."

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 15

I think Spurge looks just like Bin. Nothing like Jessa, but he's Gerber baby cute so she wants to think he looks like her. Vain.

Henry looks like Josh, but a whole lot of it is the bald head and round pudgy baby fave with a smug expression. Josh was a cute baby. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, drafan said:

Henry W is the cutest of all those 4 baby pix.

I think the's cute, too. He's a manly looking baby, not a sissy baby. He has more serious expressions, but I feel like I could have actual conversations with him, instead of having to do the gushy, goo goo gaga silly baby talk with him. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think Spurge looks just like Bin. Nothing like Jessa, but he's Gerber baby cute so she wants to think he looks like her. Vain.

Henry looks like Josh, but a whole lot of it is the bald head and round pudgy baby fave with a smug expression. Josh was a cute baby. 

Yup, I agree. The hair and the expression are similar in those pics, but not the facial features, between Jessa & Spurge.  Spurge has Ben's eyes, nose and mouth and I'm guessing Henry will grow to look more like Jessa than he already does.

• Love 1

I think Spurgeon is looking more like Ben...he still has most of Jessa's features, but his smile is all Ben. Henry still looks like his paternal grandmother to me. 

(edited)

The collar gives her away. Her hair and her lips have stood out since day 18 months, since she's apparently trying to compare herself to Spurge at similar ages. 

The thing is, she can't see the forest for the trees! Other than the lips, curly hair (rather than Ben's coarse which probably wasn't a thing before puberty...Spurge's hair probably will get thicker and coarser), and possibly hazel eyes (I've never got a good enough look to see color, only that they're not brown), what does she have?

Certainly not personality, unless there's something they're not telling us about him being a "willful child."

Edited by Sew Sumi
39 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

OMG what the hell?? That's JESSA???

My reaction precisely! Forgive me, but i think she looks like a little troll in that pic. I would never have guessed that a tot that weird-looking would turn out so attractive. 

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Thorkim said:

Good lord, Henry looks old enough to rule a country in that photo.

And not one I want to live in.  Wait a minute..... I live in the US. He might be a better option.  ;)

Edited by ariel
  • Love 23
(edited)
13 hours ago, MamaMax said:

The different things each person notices and latches on to in pictures is interesting. Cause to me that baby picture looks exactly like adult Jessa. I've always thought that she has quite distinct features and a quite distinct facial "look" and presentation that make her the easiest Duggar to pick out in any photo, kid or grownup. And I've never thought that she was conventionally "pretty," the way some of the other girls are. Instead, I've always seen her as having a set of features and an obviously natural way of presenting and emoting on her face that I think we connect very strongly to "distinctive," "sexy,"  kinda "smouldering" and "having a strong vibrant personality" -- and that her face has looked that way since she was a little kid ....

I don't think Spurgie actually looks like her at all. I think he has Bin's eyes, nose and mouth and to some degree even Bin's facial shape. To me the only thing that those four baby pictures show as matching among the pairs that Jessa thinks are matching is that the top two have long curly hair and the bottom two are nearly bald. Spurge is pretty much the spitting image of Bin, to me.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The different things each person notices and latches on to in pictures is interesting. Cause to me that baby picture looks exactly like adult Jessa. I've always thought that she has quite distinct features and a quite distinct facial "look" and presentation that make her the easiest Duggar to pick out in any photo, kid or grownup. And I've never thought that she was conventionally "pretty," the way some of the other girls are. Instead, I've always seen her as having a set of features and an obviously natural way of presenting and emoting on her face that I think we connect very strongly to "distinctive," "sexy,"  kinda "smouldering" and "having a strong vibrant personality" -- and that her face has looked that way since she was a little kid ....

I don't think Spurgie actually looks like her at all. I think he has Bin's eyes, nose and mouth and to some degree even Bin's facial shape. To me the only thing that those four baby pictures show as matching among the pairs that Jessa thinks are matching is that the top two have long curly hair and the bottom two are nearly bald. Spurge is pretty much the spitting image of Bin, to me.

& probably the reason she hasn't cut his hair yet. IMO he is way past due for a hair cut, some days it looks like it takes over his whole body. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

& probably the reason she hasn't cut his hair yet. IMO he is way past due for a hair cut, some days it looks like it takes over his whole body. 

And it's funny because most people I know who've done the long hair thing on little boys have been heavily influenced by fandom for rock stars or romantic-era poets. .... Nobody that Jessa would want her kids emulating, I'm sure! 

25 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

I don't see how with how different they look in pics but this video he looks a lot like Spurgie. 

I'm guessing that there are about a billion things in the face that affect how it looks and that come from different relatives' genes .... and sometimes some are more noticeable than others, sometimes we notice some rather than others because of the expression or the camera angle..... Probably most kids look a lot like many of their ancestors! I know that in my family I look exactly like my mother when you see us in the same picture. And when you see me in the same picture with my father, I look exactly like him. lol  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, MamaMax said:

She had to post this because everyone has been commenting that Spurge is cuter than Henry. She wants everyone to know the cute one looks like her!!!

• Love 6

My son's hair looked exactly like Spud's at that age. I was a teen mom and was "convinced" to get rid of the curls, so he would not "look like a girl." That is the last time I saw his curls, it was straight, thick hair from then on. I'm not sure it is Jessa's reasoning, but if I have (never going to happen) another curly haired boy, I'd enjoy it as long as possible.

I do hope it is driving Boob and Mullet crazy. I recall Mullet cutting Izzy's hair in CA. When was the last time that woman took care of any of her children's hair? At least Jessa gets to decide when her son gets his first haircut. That's pretty bold considering she is financially dependent on them.

• Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

And it's funny because most people I know who've done the long hair thing on little boys have been heavily influenced by fandom for rock stars or romantic-era poets. .... Nobody that Jessa would want her kids emulating, I'm sure! 

I was thinking that too. From the painting we see, it looks like Jesus had long hair & didn't wear pants. Maybe Jess is up on something....  Maybe it will some day get through her & Bin's thick skulls that Jesus was a liberal & wanted social justice.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 9

I think I saw Jessa cutting the M boys', some young brother, and Boob's hair once. Michelle cut Izzy's. I also doubt the godly Duggar males have not had a haircut due to Jinger's absence.