Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Wow. That stupid blog  actually makes me feel angry.   Why do they feel the need to enlighten and edify us poor fools on the novels concepts of taking a walk, using a baby stroller, using a curling iron, eating cucumbers, clumsily chopping potatoes, and how to wear drab baggy thrift store clothes? Why????  Are their lives so small that they feel these everyday tasks that they do poorly are something special they do, to educate the masses on?  

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, awaken said:

Wow. That stupid blog  actually makes me feel angry.   Why do they feel the need to enlighten and edify us poor fools on the novels concepts of taking a walk, using a baby stroller, using a curling iron, eating cucumbers, clumsily chopping potatoes, and how to wear drab baggy thrift store clothes? Why????  Are their lives so small that they feel these everyday tasks that they do poorly are something special they do, to educate the masses on?  

Well, remember that most of their fans are tween/young teen girls who want to BE a Duggar. There's even a fan Instagram that's a Jinger roleplay (and she stole Jinger's married name!). Seriously. The vast majority of their fans are THAT naive, inconsiderate, and frankly, from what I see posted around the internet, not that bright. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

My family has been taking walks for years, but thanks to that blog post I now realize that we've been doing it incorrectly all along. For example, it never once occurred to us that we could talk about our days or enjoy God's Creation. 

Gah! The DRIVEL. 

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, awaken said:

I think they take very seriously the fact that they're TeeVee and Interntz stahs.

They're both stupid and uneducated, and something like media stardom even goes ridiculously to the heads of people who are pretty smart and educated. So to people as dumb as these -- who've been taught all their lives that they're super-special to God, as well -- I expect that they conceive of themselves as being very very important beings because of it.

It's noblesse oblige, in his mind, for him to let us mere mortals in on the revelation that, if you thought ahead, you could pack a damn lunch for your half-hour walk, I expect.

Some day they will have a great fall. It's really mean to look forward to it, since they've been set up for the fall all their lives by their parents and their cults and the TeeVee network. But I look forward to it anyway. May it be the shock they need to learn who they really are and what they need to do to make a decent life for their children.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I just read that the due date is officially Feb. 2., which means that Jessa was almost 3 months gone when they were in NYC. No wonder she was showing so much that many of us called the pregnancy (I know I did). 

Now that we know the due date, there is NO WAY IN HELL that she kept the news from ANYONE in her family for 13 weeks (what she would have been when Jilly Muffin returned from big, bad Danger America). Even JOSIE could have figured it out by then. So yeah, tonight we are treated to yet another Duggar Fabrication for the cameras. We'll just have to see if Jill is there. If not, they could be manipulating timelines to finish off the JinJer story before introducing this one. Or would TLC FORCE Jessa to wait until Jill came home to have this ice cream social that, at that late date, surprised absolutely nobody. 

If her due date is Feb 2, does that mean she was pregnant when they filmed the Branson ep? Because when they were all at dinner, there were some veiled remarks that made me sure she was pregnant. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

If her due date is Feb 2, does that mean she was pregnant when they filmed the Branson ep? Because when they were all at dinner, there were some veiled remarks that made me sure she was pregnant. 

Oddly enough, I was pregnant last year and my due date was February 2nd.  I realized I was pregnant around the beginning of June, I think.  I don't remember when the Branson episode was, but she was definitely pregnant when they went to NYC.

• Love 1

I think the Branson girls' trip was maybe April-ish. It was towards the back end of the last miserable season. However, I think they started taping this season in late April (the beginning of the courtship that was actually 3 months - they let that one slip - rather than the whirlwind one month they were trying to sell), but Jessa's scenes weren't taped until around June, so I imagine she knew she was pregnant during the entire run of this season when taping in real time. She certainly dropped enough hints in the THs, which are always done after filming has completed. Although who on earth watching the show didn't already know she was pregnant? I think she announced in early-mid August, not long after Jinger's engagement, right before the first episode of this season. 

With that said, we shouldn't expect another Duggar bomb to drop until The Season of JinJer begins, whenever that is. January? Maybe that's when Jessa will announce her twins!!!!!!11 *eyeroll*

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

I'm hoping that Jessa doesn't have twins. She and Ben are going to be overwhelmed the way it is, and if it's two more babies, they'll probably have to move in Joy for the next 6 months after the birth to help out full time. Jim Bob will also have to find another house for them to live in if she does.

That has me wondering, does Jim Bob really have enough money to provide a family home for every one of his 19 kids? They're wealthy but I can't believe he could afford that even on his real estate investments and the TLC paycheck.  Some of their kids will probably never marry and some may stay home for a very long time. I hope we don't see any of them in their 30's still living with their parents, it's bad enough to see Jana and John David at home. 

• Love 3

I just don't think John David is really still in the dorm with the boys.  He may pretend for the sake of the show, although they don't really say.  It wouldn't surprise me if Jana had a place as well, especially since she doesn't get away to DC to ostensibly babysit Anna's offspring any more.

The perpetual talk of twins from just about every pregnant person ever makes me seriously ill.  Spare me.

Just got hit by another batch of political ads.  At this point I'd almost rather see another episode of the Duggers.

• Love 5

JD raised his hand with the rest of the unmarried kidults when asked by producers who still lived at home (answer: all of them)

I have no reason to believe he's moved out. Not in Duggar Culture. Some of the Gothardites have permitted (mostly) sons to go to school and work on their own after graduation. Tabby Paine doesn't live at home with her parents, but she's living with a known Gothard family, so it's kind of a wash in her case. That's about the only situation I could see Jana living in as a single woman: babysitting/teaching someone else's kids. 

• Love 3

Well, who woulda thunk it?  Taking a baby for a stroller ride!  I only did that...let's see, two kids multiplied by...about 2,749 times in my life.  But thanks, Bin, for pointing out that walks are nice.  I breathlessly await your next blog post about how water in a pan, set atop a flame, will eventually boil.

• Love 21
47 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I breathlessly await your next blog post about how water in a pan, set atop a flame, will eventually boil.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves....he first has to explain that water is wet.

• Love 18

So on the show last night they basically confirmed they haven't had any prenatal care ( up to the point in the show)...they better hope they do not have twins then. Would they be so stupid to attempt a homebirth with twins? I would hope michelle would intervene at that point

• Love 2

Why does Jessa keep dropping the twins teaser like it's some big deal? Twins are a dime a dozen these days. I have three sets in my extended family and my husband has four. Jessa really needs to believe she's some sort of speshul snowflake, doesn't she? The apple certainly doesn't fall far from the tree.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Well, who woulda thunk it?  Taking a baby for a stroller ride!  I only did that...let's see, two kids multiplied by...about 2,749 times in my life.  But thanks, Bin, for pointing out that walks are nice.  I breathlessly await your next blog post about how water in a pan, set atop a flame, will eventually boil.

No one works so why aren't they taking a walk every day? They act like this is a special thing. I'm on maternity leave and we take two or three walks every day and it's so nice.  I think that's what I will miss most when I go back to work.  I would love to never work and just go on walks all day. 

• Love 6

her blog post made me wonder WHAT THE HELL actually went on in raising the Duggar (older) kids. Taking a baby for a walk is a new and novel concept? How stupid.  Lack of exposure to everything. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

With that said, we shouldn't expect another Duggar bomb to drop until The Season of JinJer begins, whenever that is. January? Maybe that's when Jessa will announce her twins!!!!!!11 *eyeroll*

Lol...my pregnancy last year was twins!  Due on February 2nd and delivered on December 14th after a lot of complications.  I sincerely hope Jessa is not having twins, as it can be a very difficult road to travel.

• Love 5

She was pimping twins from the moment she announced this pregnancy, yet she hadn't even had an ultrasound yet. Attention-whoring dumbass.

It's a pity that the leghumpers won't even notice what she's doing. I'm banned from her Instagram, but I bet she is still getting questions about twins. Of course, by now she knows the truth about multiples but has already confessed she wants to be surprised as to the gender this time. 

• Love 3

Nice Ralph Lauren shirt on Spurge.  Why dress a baby in grown-up clothing?  They have such a hard time getting him dressed in all those buttons, zippers and snaps, and I swear his feet were gonna twist off when Jessa was putting him in shoes.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, awaken said:

20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, remember that most of their fans are tween/young teen girls who want to BE a Duggar. There's even a fan Instagram that's a Jinger roleplay (and she stole Jinger's married name!). Seriously. The vast majority of their fans are THAT naive, inconsiderate, and frankly, from what I see posted around the internet, not that bright. 

19 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I think they take very seriously the fact that they're TeeVee and Interntz stahs.

They're both stupid and uneducated, and something like media stardom even goes ridiculously to the heads of people who are pretty smart and educated. So to people as dumb as these -- who've been taught all their lives that they're super-special to God, as well -- I expect that they conceive of themselves as being very very important beings because of it.

It's noblesse oblige, in his mind, for him to let us mere mortals in on the revelation that, if you thought ahead, you could pack a damn lunch for your half-hour walk, I expect.

Some day they will have a great fall. It's really mean to look forward to it, since they've been set up for the fall all their lives by their parents and their cults and the TeeVee network. But I look forward to it anyway. May it be the shock they need to learn who they really are and what they need to do to make a decent life for their children.

Pissed me off too and made me realize how truly special they think they are. Even if their target audience is young girls the post is patronizing and condescending. Most people are familiar with walks because they have been taking them since childhood. And picnics, and pavement and trails too. Unless you were raised in a TTH you know what a walk is.

Oh and Ben - Mr Walk Expert, you forgot an umbrella.

• Love 5

Minor quibble but isn't that a jogging stroller they're using? 

Spurge still looks, hauntingly, like Boob. He's a cutie, that's just my first thought when I see him. Almost as if someone said, Boo!

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

Minor quibble but isn't that a jogging stroller they're using? 

Spurge still looks, hauntingly, like Boob. He's a cutie, that's just my first thought when I see him. Almost as if someone said, Boo!

I think it is. Maybe they jog a few paces getting ready for the Fundie Red Bull Strolling Event. It's complicated, we wouldn't understand.

• Love 4

From Portia:  

My family has been taking walks for years, but thanks to that blog post I now realize that we've been doing it incorrectly all along. For example, it never once occurred to us that we could talk about our days or enjoy God's Creation. 

Gah! The DRIVEL. 

Damn straight this is The Learning Channel!   I learned I could actually use these things I call legs and wander around my neighborhood.  Wow.  I feel blessed to have these lessons in my life.  Now if the headship will only let me do it...

On 10/19/2016 at 6:00 AM, laurakaye said:

Wait.  What???  Can you include step by step instructions so I don't have to wait for his blog?  

• Love 9

How did Jessa discover metrosexuality? 

The kid has great hair. No criticism from me for flaunting it. We know how vain she is, and this is a reflection on her. 

Hell, I was bald like Josie until I was 2. Jessa knows her kid won the hair lottery, and she's not going to let anyone forget it.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, lianau said:

I have two really big sexist pet peeves and one of them is shown here . I hate pink on boys and men , the other is long hair on them . WTF Jessa !!

Oh my, really?  Mr. lookeyloo has a pink dress shirt and it makes his blue eyes look bluer.  I love it on him.  I like it on Spurgy and I don't mind that baby hair on a baby.  I'm sure soon enough Jana will be cutting it into a crewcut.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, lianau said:

I have two really big sexist pet peeves and one of them is shown here . I hate pink on boys and men , the other is long hair on them . WTF Jessa !!

Times change.

'A June 1918 article from the trade publication Earnshaw's Infants' Department said, “The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl.”...In 1927, Time magazine printed a chart showing sex-appropriate colors for girls and boys according to leading U.S. stores. In Boston, Filene’s told parents to dress boys in pink. So did Best & Co. in New York City, Halle’s in Cleveland and Marshall Field in Chicago.'

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/when-did-girls-start-wearing-pink-1370097/#zzJrptUTObG27Ml9.99

• Love 17
On 10/19/2016 at 6:38 PM, sheshark said:

Nice Ralph Lauren shirt on Spurge.  Why dress a baby in grown-up clothing? 

I'm sure Jinge found this shirt on one of her thrift shop runs. I'll defend thrift stores to the end....great place for nice stuff. Go, Thrift-Store-Habit Jinge !!

17 hours ago, lianau said:

I like the shirt (probably also thrifted) and the hair. My problem in that pic is the way he's laying down drinking that bottle.....I was always told that was bad because it can lead to ear infections.

As bad as the nickname "ChooChoo" is (really??) , Spurge would've lucked out with it.

• Love 3

If I were going to pick on something it would be letting Spurge hold the bottle and drinking it lying down.  Luckily I learned if the child never holds the bottle they are 1000 times easier to wean from it. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Ain't they special???

Indeed, they are! Just not the kind of speshul that they think they are. 

2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

If I were going to pick on something it would be letting Spurge hold the bottle and drinking it lying down.  Luckily I learned if the child never holds the bottle they are 1000 times easier to wean from it. 

She'd better get him off the bottle before #2 arrives, otherwise, he's going to get pretty upset once he sees the other one attached to her boob.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

So many issues with this pic.  First off, she doesn't WORK, so how does she not have the time to feed him?  He has to feed himself??  How lazy can one person be?    My son was weaned from the bottle in a day since he was so excited about being able to hold his own sippy cup!  I had not heard that about the child never holding the bottle, but it sure held true for me.  I just can't get over her (or Ben) not feeding Spurge themselves.  What the hell are they doing that prevents them from the very basic care of their child?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

So many issues with this pic.  First off, she doesn't WORK, so how does she not have the time to feed him?  He has to feed himself??  How lazy can one person be?    My son was weaned from the bottle in a day since he was so excited about being able to hold his own sippy cup!  I had not heard that about the child never holding the bottle, but it sure held true for me.  I just can't get over her (or Ben) not feeding Spurge themselves.  What the hell are they doing that prevents them from the very basic care of their child?

A baby that age will readily hold their own bottle and may not even want their caregiver to do it for them anymore.  They get an independent streak at that age.  It's not like Jessa is starving him to death.  

And I think the threat of ear infections is a little over-hyped.  My daughter held her own bottle from around six months on and she only got like 2 in 3 years.  And one was well after she was taking bottles except at bed time.   I will admit it was hard to get her to give it up, but that's when you get tough and say "you're a big kid now and we're getting rid of this."

• Love 6

My intial concern with the lying down and drinking pic was that it looked like a choking hazard. I know his head is slightly elevated but...

Oh and, why do boys usually get the nice thick hair? 

• Love 1

A baby that age will readily hold their own bottle and may not even want their caregiver to do it for them anymore.  They get an independent streak at that age.  It's not like Jessa is starving him to death.

That's when you give them the cup.  He's very close to weaning age so if he wants to hold it, he can hold a cup.  :)  It usually works like a charm.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

More words of wid-dumb from Benny Boy. I would lend more credence to his statement if I knew he referred to ALL Christians and not just his APPROVED ones. 

Wonder who Benny Boy is voting for this November. 

• Love 3