Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I love how they aggressively post these Bible verses as definitive, mic-drop PROOF that we, as the public, really have no choice but to forgive and forget and let them back on TV. Lol, assholes.

The italicized font really drove it home.

• Love 8

I love how they aggressively post these Bible verses as definitive, mic-drop PROOF that we, as the public, really have no choice but to forgive and forget and let them back on TV. Lol, assholes.

In what universe does anyone care (besides the leghumper universe) what these sanctimonious dickwads think. Do they sit at the breakfast table wondering who God will smite today? What a depressing life.

I've said it before, but they are too young to be so angry. Get a j o b, BIn. Meet people and get out of that house. You will be so much happier.

If that's not an option, sit down and shut up.

• Love 16

Man, all the fire and brimstone stuff is depressing as hell (look what I did there!)...What about "Be anxious for nothing..." and "The peace of Christ will protect your heart," and "Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden..." and "I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you, not to harm you."

Gah, there's so much more to the Bible than what they post. Is there any "joy in the Lord" for these people? Look, I'm a Christian, and I was in a pretty fundie church at their age -- and guess what? People were reasonably damned happy most of the time. Because, you know, God is supposed to be good. And loving. I just don't understand this grey-colored glasses view of the Bible and God. And yes, young people have hubris and they think they know everything -- but Ben and Jessa take it to a new level. How grim their lives must be. The time after my first child was born was filled with wonder (and exhaustion!) and so much joy. If they weren't such judgmental twats, Ben and Jessa would make me sad.

Edited by Gardencrown
  • Love 18

I know I'm a bit late to the table on this, but when did Bin start listening to Christian Rap music?  The Duggars said that they didn't listen to anything that would cause "dancing" because it may invoke "feelings that cannot be righteously fulfilled"....soooo, since Bin is married, he's allowed to listen to rap?  Is that how it works?  Do they turn off the music when the kids come over?  Does Sturgeon get to listen?

I'm absolutely floored by this because the Duggars were anti-music of any kind (except old timey blood songs and etc.)

• Love 5

Do they sit at the breakfast table wondering who God will smite today?

Well, I know I do ....

I know I'm a bit late to the table on this, but when did Bin start listening to Christian Rap music?  The Duggars said that they didn't listen to anything that would cause "dancing" because it may invoke "feelings that cannot be righteously fulfilled"....soooo, since Bin is married, he's allowed to listen to rap?  Is that how it works?  Do they turn off the music when the kids come over?  Does Sturgeon get to listen?

I'm absolutely floored by this because the Duggars were anti-music of any kind (except old timey blood songs and etc.)

Well, I think I remember Bin introducing Jessa to more popular music ever since he came on the scene, and not all of it even in Christian popular genres but in plain old popular genres, as I recall ...... So I guess a) that "no pop" wasn't the rule for the Seewalds' kids and b) that JB and M are content to run all the really big stuff in their in-law-kidlets' lives but leave some of the more minor portions alone? I mean, they may just have too many people to run to worry about running every aspect of Bin's and Derick's lives, so they just focus on the big stuff.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

What more proof do you need?   I mean if these bible verses say that you have to forgive Josh you have to forgive Josh and let him back on TV.  It's that simple.  But isn't there a bible verse somewhere that says you can tell a tree by it's fruit?  Now if that one's true, well Josh being the fruit then the tree must be rotten - and lying and hypocritical as well which cancels out their bible verses as proof  because they are coming from lying hypocrites so we don't have to forgive Josh after all! 

Edited to add italics to emphasis pure sarcasm.  

Edited by Defrauder
  • Love 13

So Fire and Binstone are at it again. "Salvation is not a reward for the righteous but a Gift for the Guilty". Who are they working for the devil? Next up - here comes Josh on the redemption tour.

I called it first! :p

• Love 3

Plus, they seem so damn shallow and trivial in every other way when they actually say or do anything, I have a very hard time believing that they actually are deeply concerned with this stuff at all. I doubt they ever give it an actual thought -- of course, that's assuming they have any actual thoughts, which I guess I also doubt -- but despite that they keep posting all this stuff. I don't get what's going on at all.

I think your right Churchie. Anyone so deeply focused on negativity to that extent would likely end up with anxiety and depression, and probably paranoia. There is a difference between being humble and thinking one's self as being rotten to the core, and I don't think Jessa & Ben are humble, nor do I believe they think they are rotten to the core. They probably look for stuff that spouts the Fundy motto and post it without giving it a second thought.  They have been raised to suppress their true feelings and that is not easily undone. Jessa & Ben go no deeper than their reflections in the mirror allow.

Ben is trying to find a Fundy niche without the cognitive function to be a preacher nor a businessman.

• Love 6

I think the kids look adorable, but I can just imagine Jessa phoning over to the compound instructing Jana to dress Jordyn in navy and grey and then drive her right over. Perfect opportunity for a photo shoot to stay relevant!

On a second peek, it appears Jordyn is taking a selfie! WTH!!!

Edited by louannems
  • Love 2

I think the kids look adorable, but I can just imagine Jessa phoning over to the compound instructing Jana to dress Jordyn in navy and grey and then drive her right over. Perfect opportunity for a photo shoot to stay relevant!

Well, of course. We all know from her birthday message that her interests are cooking, cleaning, helping and being an apprentice mini-mother. She'll have to get used to matching her clothes to a man's by the time she gets married (if she follows her parents' example) so why not get used to it now.

• Love 6

Toodles I love your post, quoted several times already. Yes, they need to sit down and shut up. Defrauder, you're on a roll today as well.

Obsidian, it never occurred to me to ask my husband what he was wearing so I could coordinate. OMG. He would have laughed or had a stroke. In no way would he have believed I would ever think such a thing. How vapid do you have to be?

Toodles I love your post, quoted several times already. Yes, they need to sit down and shut up. Defrauder, you're on a roll today as well.

Obsidian, it never occurred to me to ask my husband what he was wearing so I could coordinate. OMG. He would have laughed or had a stroke. In no way would he have believed I would ever think such a thing. How vapid do you have to be?

I thought the same thing, how color coordinated they look.

Micks Picks - my husband's reaction would be like yours. In over 31 years of marriage, I don't think we've ever been color coordinated. Probably clashed more than matched. I think the first Duggar clothing match was when Joshley & Anna wore brown with thin white striped shirts for their engagement photos. (Why do I remember so many useless details about this family? Lol)

I know we aren't supposed to dwell on the leg humpers comments on the pictures but I can't help myself from commenting on one from another picture. The commentor said they loved Spurgey's name. Except Spurgey's whole name was misspelled - "Spergen Seawald". Guess another spelling bee champ from the SOTDRT.

• Love 5

Once, back in the old TWOP days, when I was living at home (and working and going to school and dating without a chaperone) I followed a link to the rules for "stay-at-home-daughters" (the Botkin sisters, I think). One of the things on the list was, I kid you not, that you should ask your father what his favourite colour was and wear it often to please him. The Lord then laid it on my heart to correct my rebellious spirit and stop Satan from tempting me to wear whatever colour I wanted, so I asked my father and spiritual umbrella what colour he would like me to wear. His spit-take was epic.

More seriously, it's things like this that have made Joshly, the Gothard scandal(s), The Duggar handling of same, and the now infamous "this happens in a lot of families", horrifying, but not surprising. Where's the line in those families if the daughters are taught to be visually pleasing to their own fathers? So many levels of ewwww!

Edited by satrunrose
  • Love 21

I thought the same thing, how color coordinated they look.

Micks Picks - my husband's reaction would be like yours. In over 31 years of marriage, I don't think we've ever been color coordinated. Probably clashed more than matched. I think the first Duggar clothing match was when Joshley & Anna wore brown with thin white striped shirts for their engagement photos. (Why do I remember so many useless details about this family? Lol)

I know we aren't supposed to dwell on the leg humpers comments on the pictures but I can't help myself from commenting on one from another picture. The commentor said they loved Spurgey's name. Except Spurgey's whole name was misspelled - "Spergen Seawald". Guess another spelling bee champ from the SOTDRT.

A couple of weeks ago, my husband and I, totally by chance, dressed in light grey shirts, jeans, and black shoes/boots. When I noticed, and realized that we were going out in public like that, I panicked and exclaimed, "We look like Duggars!"

I guess the good news is that it took us 21 years for this to happen.

• Love 7

These match match comments from you all are so funny.  But I was thinking if you wanted someone to wear some colors rather than others then you (daddy, hubby, child, whoever) would simply compliment the person and tell them they so nice in such a color and say it brings out your personality or your skin tone or something.  Compliment a person and you get more of it.  You please your own eyes in the process and the person probably does look better.  But maybe that's the point.  If you compliment someone, then others may notice them.  Whereas if you tell me a color that awful for them and they wear it, they are unattractive to others as well.  And some people never get the idea that black hair at 93 yrs old on a woman is just bad for skin tone, as is bright red.  I know a woman who is 93 and naturally has black hair of which she is proud, but it's too much for her now.

Edited by Micks Picks
  • Love 1

Once, back in the old TWOP days, when I was living at home (and working and going to school and dating without a chaperone) I followed a link to the rules for "stay-at-home-daughters" (the Botkin sisters, I think). One of the things on the list was, I kid you not, that you should ask your father what his favourite colour was and wear it often to please him. The Lord then laid it on my heart to correct my rebellious spirit and stop Satan from tempting me to wear whatever colour I wanted, so I asked my father and spiritual umbrella what colour he would like me to wear. His spit-take was epic.

More seriously, it's things like this that have made Joshly, the Gothard scandal(s), The Duggar handling of same, and the now infamous "this happens in a lot of families, horrifying, but not surprising. Where's the line in those families if the daughters are taught to be visually pleasing to their own fathers? So many levels of ewwww!

I honestly think it would have (rightfully) creeped my dad out if I had asked him such a thing.

I think he might have got into the Duggars for the snark. He used to watch Paul and Jan Crouch and howl with laughter.

• Love 2

I honestly think it would have (rightfully) creeped my dad out if I had asked him such a thing.

Oh, it did creep him out! My Dad is the anti-Duggar. That's what made it hilarious. 

Edited by satrunrose
  • Love 1

My dad would look confused and tell me to ask my mother what was aesthetically pleasing. That or he'd pick out very practical and (literally) safe items - big snowsuit for days like today, sturdy shoes, more pockets than a fishing vest, hard hat, reflective tape, all in gray so dirt won't show. Maybe a Steelers logo or two.

• Love 2

Obsidian, it never occurred to me to ask my husband what he was wearing so I could coordinate. OMG. He would have laughed or had a stroke. In no way would he have believed I would ever think such a thing. How vapid do you have to be?Toodles I love your post, quoted several times already. Yes, they need to sit down and shut up. Defrauder, you're on a roll today as well.

Thank you for the kind words,Mick.

Jordyn's learning how to selfie while holding a baby.[/q
It's an important skill for a Duggar girl...

And who says homefoolin is inadequate. Why she's learning how to be a good little cinderjana Jr. AND a jessa quality famewhore all in the same sitting. What else does a duggar girl need to know?

Eta-my Kindle quotes are wonky today

Edited by toodles
  • Love 8

So Fire and Binstone are at it again.  "Salvation is not a reward for the righteous but a Gift for the Guilty".  Who are they working for the devil?  Next up - here comes Josh on the redemption tour.

They are such self-righteous twat waffles that I guess salvation isn't for them.  That might make me want to be saved; that is, if it would keep me away from the Duggar-Seewalds.  

Ben is trying to find a Fundy niche without the cognitive function to be a preacher nor a businessman.

We could go for days listing the multitude of things for which Bin doesn't have the cognitive function.  I am amazed he dresses himself.  (Of course, he's often confused as to how to wear a hat).  Possible career options for Bin include doorstop, stationary sign holder (I wouldn't trust him to spin one - he'd fall over or knock himself in the head repeatedly), paperweight - the possibilities are endless! 

• Love 14

I'm a formerly fundamentalist, now progressive Christian, and one of my biggest frustrations about the Binjermins of the world is that their brand of evangelism doesn't really work that often on the real lost, if there is such a thing. In my experience and opinion, that sort of message serves mainly to puff up the "strong" Christians and riddle the "weak" Christians with guilt, sometimes convincing themselves that they need to rededicate their lives or that they weren't saved to begin with. I have a similar complaint about the godawful Christian "art" like the Left Behind books and movies like Fireproof. In my family we refer to it as "programming by Christians, for Christians."

• Love 13

Ben has posted more Flame videos to their YouTube channel (or go to their SM and get the links there, I'm sure). Flame supposedly talks race, specifically Ferguson. I can't imagine how THAT will play out. Oh wait, I can. The African American fundies I am familiar with (like Voddie Baucham) tend to forget their roots, which is really sad. 

• Love 2

My guess would be that, since Jill is clearly Jim Bob's favorite child, Izzy will be his favorite grandchild. Since Michelle has no heart for children and is so spaced out she can barely remember their names, none of the grandchildren will make much of an impression on her.

• Love 4

My guess would be that, since Jill is clearly Jim Bob's favorite child, Izzy will be his favorite grandchild. Since Michelle has no heart for children and is so spaced out she can barely remember their names, none of the grandchildren will make much of an impression on her.

I wonder what Jessa thinks when Spurgey & Izzy's looks are constantly compared. (Since her & Jill aren't the Bestie of sisters.)

• Love 2

I wonder what Jessa thinks when Spurgey & Izzy's looks are constantly compared. (Since her & Jill aren't the Bestie of sisters.)

She's probably horrified. After all, she's the hot daughter, so her spawn should be considered the cuter of the two.

• Love 1

He may outgrow the "Jim Bob" stage.  When he sort of smiles he looks a lot less like Jim Bob to me.  The collared shirt still looks like cotton knit so shouldn't be a problem.  Some people buy regular flat cotton shirts in a size 6 months and those I think are pushing it.

• Love 1