Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Is it just me that thinks Spur and Iz rarely look freshly bathed?

I think it's because both of them look exactly like Boob. Since he's such a slimy, sneaky huckster we automatically transfer those images onto the kids.

Anna probably thinks she dodged a major bullet. None of the Mkids thus far have been hit with the Boob-curse. Mikey looks the most Duggar-ish, but he's a cutie.

• Love 8

For fuck's sake ! He's just one Ed Hardy t-shirt away from becoming Spurgeon "The Situation" Seewald...

Poor thing - the douchebag doesn't fall far from the tree.

I'm dying. And "fist pump bro?" Wow, they're so...street...
  • Love 12

STOP TRYING TO MAKE THE SIDE HAT HAPPEN! 

https://www.instagram.com/p/_8PJfWDfiB/?taken-by=jessaseewald

Poor Spooge. 

Two months old, and already wanting to punch people in the face. Start with Grand Bob, Spurgie. How does Jessa know what a fist bump is, bro?

I'm dying. And "fist pump bro?" Wow, they're so...street...

Tacky, tacky. If Jessa's first attempt at pants ends up being a hot pink velour Juicy track suit and trucker hat from 2002, wouldn't be surprised. If it has ANGEL plastered across the butt, it means Jesus approves, right?

• Love 17

Two months old, and already wanting to punch people in the face. Start with Grand Bob, Spurgie. How does Jessa know what a fist bump is, bro?

Tacky, tacky. If Jessa's first attempt at pants ends up being a hot pink velour Juicy track suit and trucker hat from 2002, wouldn't be surprised. If it has ANGEL plastered across the butt, it means Jesus approves, right?

I won't lie; if Jessa starts dressing like this - or any other non-GotHard way - I will be cheering her on.

• Love 2

OMG, I was just thinking to myself today: What if trucker hats made a comeback??

So funny that you mentioned that.

And WTF with that "Israel" bag?

God knows. Maybe.

I remain grateful to Derick for buying Jill that "emerald" heart pendant, which pretty much got her to stop wearing her Jewish star. The Jewish star necklace made me twitchy.

• Love 11

It's embarrassing because Jessa and Bin think they're so hip and trendy even though they're ten years behind the curve.

• Love 7

OMG, I was just thinking to myself today: What if trucker hats made a comeback??

So funny that you mentioned that.

No more comebacks are needed for Trucker hats. The late 70s/early 80s was enough. Early 2000s too much. Burn them all. They're very flammable.  No shock Jessa and Bin are 15 years too late and probably found Spurgies at Goodwill, but think they've discovered a treasure.

This is what happens when you restrict dress code (although I don't think Bin's family was as restrictive as the Duggars, early on). Confine girls to Peter Pan collared, shapeless, flower print sacks and white tights, and the first thing they do when they can choose their own is wear everything three sizes too tight. Dorky golf shirts and khakis on boys = Ed Hardy, trucker hats, etc.

• Love 2

I want to know who sprung for that Kitchen Aid stand mixer. I know of no 21 year old (at the time of her marriage) who has one. Hell, I'm hard pressed to think of any 23 year olds (Jessa's age now) with one. 

I got mine at a thrift store four-ish years ago. I couldn't believe it when I walked up on it. Mine is the red, though. It doesn't match a thing in my kitchen and I don't care at all. When I bought it, it was still in the box, never used. Best $50 (plus tax) I've ever spent. 

• Love 3

I actually got a KitchenAid stand mixer for my 18th birthday....l'm 29 now.

Which basically just makes me a dork haha but it's much loved! Use it all the time. I know many many 25-30 yr olds that have them, get them for housewarmings, wedding presents etc.

• Love 1

Jessa was always described as "not mushy" and "not romantic"

Wow, has this changed. Jessa's house looks like an ode to Valentine's Day with all that lovey dovey crap up all over the freaking house. Plus the verses and sayings.

What happened?

Did sex unleash some romantic side to her????

(maybe Bin is better than we think!!!)

• Love 4

Sex didn't unleash anything. Jessa was standoffish and nonromantic, because she was scared to death of love and relationships. She dealt with the Josh issue and having modesty shoved down her throat as a child. She dealt with constant fear of giving away pieces of her heart, being seduced, causing the seduction, and being raped by every male she encountered - remember, men can't control themselves and women are always tempting them on purpose. No friendships or dating, only parent approved courtships that lead directly to marriage and endless babies. She was terrified of not being in control and of sinning. Jessa built a wall, and almost had to be forced to court Bin.

Then the second she decided it would be ok to marry him, she decided she invented sex, love, romance, etc.. She's another one of thsoe girls who thinks she has has some unique quality or skill that no other woman has discovered or been blessed with. Naive. Ignorant. Idiot. Bless her heart.

She's OK with being more romantic, now that it isn't automatic sin. 

• Love 20

Wow, has this changed. Jessa's house looks like an ode to Valentine's Day with all that lovey dovey crap up all over the freaking house. Plus the verses and sayings.

What happened?

Nope. Nopedy nope nope nope.
  • Love 12

I just realized all that crap was on her kitchen counter!!!!!!

Is she insane????

That has to be symptomatic of a mental problem.

I guess it could be symptomatic of somebody who doesnt even think  of cooking. Although I guess somebody who doesn't even think of cooking at the same time as she talks about having 10 to 20 kids with no one actually employed in her family has a mental problem by definition.

• Love 11

She is trying to convince herself that she is in love with her Playskool My First Husband. She doth protest too much.

Agreed, Plus Jessa has been taught that it's not how you feel that's important, it's how it looks to others. It's doesn't matter how happy or unhappy she may be in her marriage, but it's very important that it looks like she has the best marriage ever.

• Love 12

Sex didn't unleash anything. Jessa was standoffish and nonromantic, because she was scared to death of love and relationships. She dealt with the Josh issue and having modesty shoved down her throat as a child. She dealt with constant fear of giving away pieces of her heart, being seduced, causing the seduction, and being raped by every male she encountered - remember, men can't control themselves and women are always tempting them on purpose. No friendships or dating, only parent approved courtships that lead directly to marriage and endless babies. She was terrified of not being in control and of sinning. Jessa built a wall, and almost had to be forced to court Bin.

Then the second she decided it would be ok to marry him, she decided she invented sex, love, romance, etc.. She's another one of thsoe girls who thinks she has has some unique quality or skill that no other woman has discovered or been blessed with. Naive. Ignorant. Idiot. Bless her heart.

She's OK with being more romantic, now that it isn't automatic sin.

You're probably 100% correct.

I like thinking Bin has unleashed her inner sex kitten. Although after that delivery, I think the sex kitten might be sleeping in the barn. Poor Bin.

• Love 1

Agree that from the body language even up to the Megyn Kelly interview (June?), she was draped all over him like a cheap rug. However, that really means nothing, because she's supposed to do that. If he had the training somewhere else about the g spot (and it's not in Vision Forum), well, good on him. Happy wife, happy life. 

eta: It would be more than Boob, Smuggar, and possibly Derick have even considered. Jill and Derick still look like people who just had sex for the first time, trying to show everyone it was soooo goood. 

For all their faults, Benessa put on a good romance front. I know this is based on what they show us, but we all can see is  the....inanity..in the relationship.

Waiting on the the annual Duggar "Praying in the Year" post. I'm on the west coast, so they may wait until people drain out of the TTH sewage before posting. Smuggar posted last year as well as the Donaldson suckup. I'm on it! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Playskool first husband:-))))))))

People don't turn out like that unless they have been exposed to some hideous stuff in their childhood. Granted, not everyone is very emotional or given to gestures, but she.....

She was a "willful child" (how do you do those tm trademarks?), eg, she was beaten to shite every day, to survive as a child, she learnt to build up a wall and do what's expected. The fact that she was a bully soon after also is a serious warning sign that things are very amiss with that one.

Jessa wasn't taught to love, laugh and just be - she was taught to repress any and every normal human emotion, to view any urges as the spawn of the Devil, to view her own brother as dangerous.....etc etc. No wonder she turned out like that.

Only thing is - now she is an adult and responsible for the way she still is. We can't help how we grow up but we CAN help the way we are once grown

• Love 7

You're probably 100% correct.

I like thinking Bin has unleashed her inner sex kitten. Although after that delivery, I think the sex kitten might be sleeping in the barn. Poor Bin.

As long as they don't emulate Dry-Humpin' Daddy and his indentured servant.

• Love 2

Only thing is - now she is an adult and responsible for the way she still is. We can't help how we grow up but we CAN help the way we are once grown

Well, I'll beat my usual dead horse and say 'Not necessarily and not so young.'  Having been warped in pretty much the same way and to pretty much the same degree as Jessa, my long-considered conclusion is that, while you can change some things, many of the worst things are buried too fucking deep in your brain for you, or therapy, to have any success at all in eradicating them. I've struggled for decades to root out some of the trained-in responses I have and can't get at them, apparently no matter what. They're way deeper than thought and lightning fast and they just run you, even when you consciously see them as contrary to everything you want to be and -- maybe, you hope -- everything you actually would be if you hadn't been deliberately warped and damaged. ...

And that's me, who's old enough and has seen enough and is temperamentally different enough from the people who formed me to have what you'd think was a good basis for rooting it all out. And yet, despite some changes, I'm still what I was made, in all too many ways. .... And then Jessa -- she's too young, too immature even for her young age (largely by her parents' design) and, probably, too dumb and arrogant (made that way partly by having had her family put on fucking television as moneymaking role models), even to have any idea yet how wrong it all is and where the wrongness came from. She'll have to notice a bunch of things first and notice their wrongness and hate them before she can even begin to try to change. Right now, she hasn't even had a chance to get to that point.  For me, it's going to be quite a few years before I blame her for being exactly what she was made and not even trying to change it.

• Love 21

Well, I'll beat my usual dead horse and say 'Not necessarily and not so young.' Having been warped in pretty much the same way and to pretty much the same degree as Jessa, my long-considered conclusion is that, while you can change some things, many of the worst things are buried too fucking deep in your brain for you, or therapy, to have any success at all in eradicating them. I've struggled for decades to root out some of the trained-in responses I have and can't get at them, apparently no matter what. They're way deeper than thought and lightning fast and they just run you, even when you consciously see them as contrary to everything you want to be and -- maybe, you hope -- everything you actually would be if you hadn't been deliberately warped and damaged. ...

And that's me, who's old enough and has seen enough and is temperamentally different enough from the people who formed me to have what you'd think was a good basis for rooting it all out. And yet, despite some changes, I'm still what I was made, in all too many ways. .... And then Jessa -- she's too young, too immature even for her young age (largely by her parents' design) and, probably, too dumb and arrogant (made that way partly by having had her family put on fucking television as moneymaking role models), even to have any idea yet how wrong it all is and where the wrongness came from. She'll have to notice a bunch of things first and notice their wrongness and hate them before she can even begin to try to change. Right now, she hasn't even had a chance to get to that point. For me, it's going to be quite a few years before I blame her for being exactly what she was made and not even trying to change it.

Yes, yes and yes!!!
  • Love 2

What happened?

She's desperate for the audience to like her. Since Josh killed the old show, Jessa's livelihood as a reality TV star now depends mostly on her cultivating an audience, but she's too insular and cloistered to have any idea of what appeals to the viewing public. She probably thinks the lovey dovey PDAs and the scores of framed platitudes etc. go down well, and don't look fake or twee.
  • Love 6

She's desperate for the audience to like her. Since Josh killed the old show, Jessa's livelihood as a reality TV star now depends mostly on her cultivating an audience, but she's too insular and cloistered to have any idea of what appeals to the viewing public. She probably thinks the lovey dovey PDAs and the scores of framed platitudes etc. go down well, and don't look fake or twee.

I've been convinced for some time the accent is an affectation. I mean, sure, she has one, but damn if she doesn't play it up for the cameras.

• Love 11

I've been convinced for some time the accent is an affectation. I mean, sure, she has one, but damn if she doesn't play it up for the cameras.

Jessa definitely lays it on thick now. They all have a little bit of a Southern accent, but especially since she started courting (and the Bates - who have a very heavy Tennessee twang - got their own show), and since she started speaking at more of those Southern Women conferences, Jessa lays it on thick. Much more 'fixin to' and dropping all of her 'g's at the end of 'ing' words. What sounds natural for the Bates sounds really contrived with Jessa.

• Love 9

Also, on all three specials, Jessa sported a new, fake-sounding giggle/laugh.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 2

This was mentioned irt Josiah, but it's another blind item reveal. Not very shocking.

September 2, 2015

Behind the backs of her family, this former reality star who only stands out because she is old enough to get married and move away from the home is in talks to have her own reality show which is why she is being so vocal about certain things going on around her. She is also perfectly willing to do whatever it takes and say whatever it takes to get her own show.

Jessa Duggar (and then she got one but had to share. She is thirsty. She wants her own show)

But, they're not a TV family. Right Jessa? Right?

• Love 3

If I were in Ben and Jessa's shoes, I'd want my own series too. Cut her controlling father right out of the deal and have a voice in production -- while making more money in the process. Ben doesn't want to spend another summer cutting trees and mowing lawns for Jim Bob when he can easily be a reality star or a tv producer.

Edited by CofCinci

She sure sounds more and more like Kendra Wilkenson everyday.

I was afraid to agree with this, but I did, because it's true. But now I have to admit that I actually know who Kendra Wilkinson is, and what her laugh is like  ;)

• Love 8

And I'm sure that she's avidly followed every social media comment about herself and has realized that she's the most disliked Duggar daughter. She gets hit with adjectives like "bitchy" and "stuck-up" while Jana and Jinger reap a ton of sympathy. So, she's going all fake-romantic and cutesy in an attempt to reverse her image without having to do anything drastic like, say, being genuinely nice to people.

• Love 17

I was afraid to agree with this, but I did, because it's true. But now I have to admit that I actually know who Kendra Wilkinson is, and what her laugh is like  ;)

Don't be ashamed! I spent years on the Girls Next Door board on E! I know way too much about those girls. I always liked Kendah, much like Jessa she is spunky and seems to enjoy life. Too bad Jessa can't be more like Kendah and go out into the world and make a good life for herself vs. having Boob pick out who she was gonna marry, plan her life out, etc.

• Love 6

Don't be ashamed! I spent years on the Girls Next Door board on E! I know way too much about those girls. I always liked Kendah, much like Jessa she is spunky and seems to enjoy life. Too bad Jessa can't be more like Kendah and go out into the world and make a good life for herself vs. having Boob pick out who she was gonna marry, plan her life out, etc.

I don't think Jessa enjoys life at all. She's stuck up, bitchy, rude and tells everyone how they're going to hell. Plus, she knows her life sucks but tries her hardest to make people think this is the life she chose.

• Love 15

I don't think Jessa enjoys life at all. She's stuck up, bitchy, rude and tells everyone how they're going to hell. Plus, she knows her life sucks but tries her hardest to make people think this is the life she chose.

Product of her environment. Hopefully 2016 will show Jessa taking more control of her life and lose the rudeness.
  • Love 4