Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

According to the Duggar blog, Ben isn't going to school anywhere. He is taking time off and looking into theological schools. I was really hoping he was going to U of A.

ETA - It looks like they edited their blog. It looks like they cut out the part with the mailing address. I guess they didn't learn from Joshgate 2 editing disaster.

Edited by kellylovessnark
  • Love 1

Bin is planning on going to seminary (theological) school. Just wait for the televanglist grifting they are hoping to score. Oh Jill, one-upped ya. So anyway, time for the post that gives us the baby registry information 'since many of you have been asking'. It's coming isn't it?

Edit (seminary/theological) I'm a heathen and don't know the difference.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 3

According to the Duggar blog, Ben isn't going to school anywhere. He is taking time off and looking into theological schools. I was really hoping he was going to U of A.

ETA - It looks like they edited their blog. It looks like they cut out the part with the mailing address. I guess they didn't learn from Joshgate 2 editing disaster.

Because he can't go to school while she's pregnant. Which astonishes me, because you'd think she's raised enough children to realize that this is the least help she's going to need for a long, long time.

• Love 4

crazies vs prezzies?

But even if Jessa were educated, would she be allowed employment with any non-Gothardite? I thought these people were allowed to answer only to God - via Daddy or hubby?

That's a really interesting question. Cause her headship is Ben now, right? And he wasn't raised Gothard at all. There's certainly some of that idea floating around in the family, given his dad's jobs, so maybe Vision Forum preached work for yourself, too? .... Or, if they didn't preach it as explicitly, I'm guessing they pretty much modeled it among their top people, like Botkin and so on.... But the Seewald's life has seemed to include both outside-the-home employment and some further education. So I'd think Ben could greenlight some additional activities for Jessa if she wanted to pursue anything. ....

But of course they're living off of Jim Bob, so he probably retains a big say, even if only implicitly, plus the fact that they are living off him means they don't yet have any real concept of what it would cost for them to sustain themselves on their own. If you aren't paying your housing costs, your budget is about a million times different. So I'm thinking they don't really have a clue about what their needs might be if they were suddenly on their own for housing.

I'd actually think a lot more of her if there was merely evidence that she was working by herself to perfect cooking, gardening, homemaking, childraising and schooling skills she'll need to raise the big brood of homeschooled Half-Duggarlings she talks about. (or even a smaller brood of them) Because if she doesn't get a lot of the learning and habit-forming in now, I don't think she'll squeeze it in after the flood of babies begins. And she may be doing that under the radar, but from the available evidence it kind of doesn't look like it.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

From the link:This summer I’ve been able to join the work crew on most lawn care days. I love getting to share extra time with my man, and I’ve always enjoyed operating one of those zero-turn mowers! (Of course I’m extra careful being preggo and all.)

"My man"...that phraseology always makes me shudder in revulsion.  Like...she's gone for the brass ring, achieved the ultimate prize: Ben Seewald.  Her man.  And don't you get any ideas about stealin' him from her!

Jessa actually used the word "preggo?"

• Love 2

But even if Jessa were educated, would she be allowed employment with any non-Gothardite? I thought these people were allowed to answer only to God - via Daddy or hubby? Which I also don't comprehend. I know they have so little faith in their "training" and moral code that they dare not take the risk of someone else putting thoughts or questions into the cobweb-strewn echo chambers that pass for their heads. But seriously, they cannot take direction from a supervisor on the job?? "Jessa, cleanup on Aisle Ten" might cause a crisis of faith?

Well, Bin is not a follower of Gothard, so who knows if Jessa would feel the need to continue to follow the old man's rules. Does Vision Forum still exist? Do these two attend any actual church? Would Bin be forced to study other religions in "seminary?"

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 1

Is entrance to seminaries that competitive?

Some are, some aren't, I guess. I wonder whether Ben's main aim would be to get as many of his AA credits to transfer in as possible. Obviously, he can't get credit for the whole two years (or at least that seems obvious to me, since his major wasn't theology-related...), but there's probably variation in which schools would accept which credits. I assume he wants to go on to a BA but hopes it won't take another three years or more to get there if most of his credits don't transfer into the new major. Figuring that out plus finding a school nearby or online that works for him would probably take some research.

• Love 1

Bin is planning on going to seminary (theological) school. Just wait for the televanglist grifting they are hoping to score. Oh Jill, one-upped ya. So anyway, time for the post that gives us the baby registry information 'since many of you have been asking'. It's coming isn't it?

Edit (seminary/theological) I'm a heathen and don't know the difference.

Seminaries are generally associated with a specific denomination, and the majority of folks who attend them intend to be ministers or in a ministry-related job. Theological schools may or may not be associated with a denomination, have a broader focus, and the folks who attend may have career goals that don't involve ministry. I have a master's in theological studies from a divinity school that was non-denominational and seemed to have as many people who were studying non-Christian religions as those who intended to go into Christian ministry.

Are they competitive? Like all schools, it depends. Mine was, others not so much. I would be surprised if any of the larger, more recognized seminaries or theological schools accepted someone without an undergraduate degree. Smaller seminaries that are accredited by their denomination only are likely to be the only choice for Ben without a degree.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 4

I'd actually think a lot more of her if there was merely evidence that she was working by herself to perfect cooking, gardening, homemaking, childraising and schooling skills she'll need to raise the big brood of homeschooled Half-Duggarlings she talks about. (or even a smaller brood of them) Because if she doesn't get a lot of the learning and habit-forming in now, I don't think she'll squeeze it in after the flood of babies begins. And she may be doing that under the radar, but from the available evidence it kind of doesn't look like it.

She's also learned over the years that babymaking gets you out of doing work. I'd be really surprised if she doesn't assume that she's going to borrow a little sister or two to do the heavy lifting.

• Love 7

She's also learned over the years that babymaking gets you out of doing work. I'd be really surprised if she doesn't assume that she's going to borrow a little sister or two to do the heavy lifting.

Me neither. Heck, if Jill stays out of the country and Jana and Jinger on the shelf, she's potentially got seven sisters and two nieces (and counting) she might borrow. Bring on the babies!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

Jessa and Ben are, of course, pro-life. They spend a ton of time blathering about it on Instagram and weaving it into speaking engagements. With all the time Jessa has on her hands, wouldn't it be more godly to actually put her money where her mouth is and volunteer to help pregnant women or young, poor, single moms? There are women who are counseled by their church or Christian pregnancy crisis center to go through with unwanted pregnancies. In these situations, many communities have Christian pregnancy resource centers that go on to actually provide free parenting classes, breastfeeding classes, etc. and often have a consignment store where these moms have access to very cheap or even free baby supplies. Jessa should be involved in that. She should solicit donations, work at a store like that, assist with the parenting classes, provide childcare for these pregnant women who already have other children... I am as pro-choice as they come, but for people who are pro-life, I feel like they should be assisting the real live women whose pregnancies they have so much supposed interest in. It's one thing to preach about it through social media... Jessa has the time to actually help real women in a real way and chooses to photograph herself eating fast food and highlight Bible passages to shame us with instead.

Edited by truebluesmoky
  • Love 24

Jessa and Ben are, of course, pro-life. They spend a ton of time blathering about it on Instagram and weaving it into speaking engagements. With all the time Jessa has on her hands, wouldn't it be more godly to actually put her money where her mouth is and volunteer to help pregnant women or young, poor, single moms? There are women who are counseled by their church or Christian pregnancy crisis center to go through with unwanted pregnancies. In these situations, many communities have Christian pregnancy resource centers that go on to actually provide free parenting classes, breastfeeding classes, etc. and often have a consignment store where these moms have access to very cheap or even free baby supplies. Jessa should be involved in that. She should solicit donations, work at a store like that, assist with the parenting classes, provide childcare for these pregnant women who already have other children... I am as pro-choice as they come, but for people who are pro-life, I feel like they should be assisting the real live women whose pregnancies they have so much supposed interest in. It's one thing to preach about it through social media... Jessa has the time to actually help real women in a real way and chooses to photograph herself eating fast food and highlight Bible passages to shame us with instead.

Maybe the Duggars do give love offerings to poor families. Maybe Jessa spends most of her 'spare' time helping homeless people and teen moms. Maybe Derrick just got 'caught' by a camera helping out a homeless guy with a sign. They might be keeping their charitable works private.... AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.

• Love 18

They are "pro-fetus" only, IMO. They aren't concerned about the mother and baby after the birth.

In my experience the rabid pro-lifers are the same ones who rant and rave about all the single mothers on welfare living off of "their" tax dollars. I'm sure Jessa is no different.

• Love 12

Folks if there is one way to start problems between posters it's to talk about abortion. Yes, the Seewalds and Duggars are pro-life and attend rallies. But we really, really don't need to discuss abortion and the "sides" of it here. It's just bound to get bad real fast.

Thanks!

• Love 10

There's gift card stuff? It's been deleted now, so I guess that went over like the lead balloon it was (to everyone but Jessa).

Who brags about what great job they have while asking for charity at the same time?

• Love 6

There's gift card stuff? It's been deleted now, so I guess that went over like the lead balloon it was (to everyone but Jessa).

Who brags about what great job they have while asking for charity at the same time?

She posted her PO box and somebody's home address. 

• Love 2

Why Does Bin think that THIS is the time to take off school? When his wife is 'preggo?' Does he not understand what happens after when then the baby comes? It would make more sense if he took off spring semester, and honestly Jessa will have plently of help from her MOM , Jana, Jinger, Joy or any of the other unemployed adults in that house, so he shouldn't be using that as a reason at all for not attending school.

This is going to be a huge colassal trainwreck. Boob and Mechelle have truly failed their kids and now their kids will fail their kids (I have some hope for Jill and Derick, I don't think he will let Jill homeschool honestly). But can you imagine how dumb Jessa and Bins kid is going to be. ? Will they read anything aside from a totally underlined KJV bible on IG?

• Love 10

Why Does Bin think that THIS is the time to take off school? When his wife is 'preggo?' Does he not understand what happens after when then the baby comes? It would make more sense if he took off spring semester, and honestly Jessa will have plently of help from her MOM , Jana, Jinger, Joy or any of the other unemployed adults in that house, so he shouldn't be using that as a reason at all for not attending school.

This is going to be a huge colassal trainwreck. Boob and Mechelle have truly failed their kids and now their kids will fail their kids (I have some hope for Jill and Derick, I don't think he will let Jill homeschool honestly). But can you imagine how dumb Jessa and Bins kid is going to be. ? Will they read anything aside from a totally underlined KJV bible on IG?

Ben does have a college degree, so i think if they had a kid,the kid would at least learn enough to pass an SAT or something

She posted her PO box and somebody's home address. 

Yup, gone now. What desperate grifters. Jessa better get used to stirring a pot of ramen for Ben. No more eating out!

This was in that article:

*The Duggars' real estate business was started by JT Duggar, Jim Bob's great-grandfather, so Jessa and her siblings are the fifth generation to carry it on.

Interesting to see them acknowledge that Jim Bob didn't build it all himself. Born on third, thinking he hit a triple.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 16

It is a dumb time to take off on purpose. (and I think Jessa'd know that) But I think it's possible that the "he's taking time off" thing is just another fudged, sorta-false statement, when what he's really doing is trying to figure out his exact next step. (of course, I also don't see why you wouldn't just say this -- so maybe I'm crazy here...)

I doubt it's a simple process to find a school that's online or near enough for him to get to, will accept him, will offer him the courses that he wants or is willing to attend and will accept as many of his previously earned credits as possible to count toward his next degree. And before he did that, he would have to figure out exactly what kind of degree to shoot for, when his previous studies had been in different fields. I doubt that Ben's previously become an expert in seminaries or in theology-related degrees. So he would have a learning curve in several ways.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

As with all post-secondary training, it depends. On the quality of the program. On how many seats are available. On how many applications are received, and on the quality of those applications. The best schools are obviously looking for students who will do well and succeed in their programs, for students with a proven academic track record and for the potential to succeed as ministers and religious "personnel." And as MargeGunderson pointed out, some schools are denominational, some aren't. Then there are others who are just looking to fill seats any way they can, and these have only one real requirement. Ability to pay. So which will it be for Ben? Harvard Divinity School? Or East Hucklebuck Bible College? You make the call...

• Love 11

I was thinking the same thing about Ben's "timing"...like, NOW you're going to take off? While she's pregnant and not as needy as she will be once the baby is here????!!!!

• Love 3

Ben does have a college degree, so i think if they had a kid,the kid would at least learn enough to pass an SAT or something

That just means HIS parents gave a damn about his education.  Mommies do the schoolin' in Gothardt world, not the daddies.  Following the Duggar example, Jessa will be doing the SOTDRT and Ben will be irrelevant to the process, doing his "headship" jazz. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3

Of course Bin wants to take time off now--once Jessa gives birth, he won't be able to have sex with her for at least 40 days!  Plenty of time to go to school then.  After all, dads don't help with babies--that's the job of aunties/sisters!

<puke>

• Love 4

As for the gift card solicitation I'd like to send her some gift cards to some defrauding clothing store, or perhaps a subscription to a magazine of some sort.  Maybe political of some sort like gay rights or maybe a scientific journal declaring the earth is over 6,000 years old.  

• Love 14

As for the gift card solicitation I'd like to send her some gift cards to some defrauding clothing store, or perhaps a subscription to a magazine of some sort.  Maybe political of some sort like gay rights or maybe a scientific journal declaring the earth is over 6,000 years old.  

Jessa appreciates your donation of kindling for the coming winter.

• Love 12

A wonderful idea! I love this. A wonderful, in-your-face, smart-ass idea!

• Love 4

As for the gift card solicitation I'd like to send her some gift cards to some defrauding clothing store, or perhaps a subscription to a magazine of some sort. Maybe political of some sort like gay rights or maybe a scientific journal declaring the earth is over 6,000 years old.

It might be worth it sending her gift cards to Victoria's Secret or whatever.
  • Love 3

Of course Bin wants to take time off now--once Jessa gives birth, he won't be able to have sex with her for at least 40 days! Plenty of time to go to school then. After all, dads don't help with babies--that's the job of aunties/sisters!

<puke>

Time off from what? Eating Chik Fil A and attending football games at a school where he's not even enrolled? Can you imagine if any of these people had to work an actual 8-5 job, five days a week? Derick couldn't even hack it out for a year before he flew the coop and made Missioncations his full time "career."

• Love 11
Why Does Bin think that THIS is the time to take off school? When his wife is 'preggo?' Does he not understand what happens after when then the baby comes?

I think that, until Joshgate II, the sequel, happened; they really expected to get a show on TLC.  Ben and Jessa are just as clueless as the rest of the Duggars and undoubtedly thought they'd be riding the gravy train.  So, he never bothered applying to, let alone enrolling in school.  They were caught without a life plan other than keeping their smug mugs on reality TV.  Now that it appears to not be happening, Ben is scrambling to come up with a plausible story to show that he always had another plan. If he really wanted to enroll in a seminary or theology school, he would've applied last spring and have started classes in the fall.  He didn't because this is actually Plan B for them.  And, if somehow Jesus gives them another shot at reality TV, all thought of continuing his edumacation will be out the window.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 16

That just means HIS parents gave a damn about his education. Mommies do the schoolin' in Gothardt world, not the daddies. Following the Duggar example, Jessa will be doing the SOTDRT and Ben will be irrelevant to the process, doing his "headship" jazz.

Yeah but i doubt he'd want his kids, especially a son to be as uneducated as mom. They may homeschool, but as her headship, Ben might "encourage" Jessa to care about homeschooling the kids.

• Love 3

The fact that Jessa Blessa wants to let everyone know which store gift cards she prefers (and posts her parents' home address for all of those larger item UPS "love offerings") is beyond ridiculous. One has to wonder if it's dawned on her (or her mother-in-law) that most people would feel shame and embarrassment asking strangers to fund their lifestyle.

I'm also guessing that Bin is not enrolled in seminary as of yet because he's waiting for someone else to offer to pay for it.

• Love 11

I think that, until Joshgate II, the sequel, happened; they really expected to get a show on TLC.  Ben and Jessa are just as clueless as the rest of the Duggars and undoubtedly thought they'd be riding the gravy train.  So, he never bothered applying to, let alone enrolling in school.  They were caught without a life plan other than keeping their smug mugs on reality TV.  Now that it appears to not be happening, Ben is scrambling to come up with a plausible story to show that he always had another plan. If he really wanted to enroll in a seminary or theology school, he would've applied last spring and have started classes in the fall.  He didn't because this is actually Plan B for them.  And, if somehow Jesus gives them another shot at reality TV, all thought of continuing his edumacation will be out the window.

Yes basically they all assumed that Ben and Jessa's "jobs" at this point would be the Baby Seewald Special and assorted other filming whether via 19 kids pre Joshgate 1 or the spin off after Joshgate chapter 2, or possibly a spin off even pre molestation scandal if some rumours are correct.

That's probably a big reason Ben seems to be doing odd jobs for FIL, so he'd be available for filming under Boob's watchful eye, which would be their "real" income now they were a separate unit. The could have looked forward to at least a couple more years of being featured. That might well have played a part in Derrick's departure from Walmart and the rumblings of their "missionary" plans pre Joshgate 1. That was probably Pa Seewald's plan for him as well, a few years becoming a reality TV "personality" and leveraging it into a ministry, including the lucrative speaking engagements extolling early Godly marriage together etc.

They probably will still get a People spread (maybe not the cover unless Jessa can come up with a hell of a few quotes) but they would have expected to be knee deep in filming gender reveals and planning baby showers by now. That's why he took time off "to support her".

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 4

Ben would also need finances to attend college. Remember the marriage counseling JB & M gave Jill & Derick? Asking all kinds of questions regarding having no debt or credit cards.

How is a new father, who works basically as a construction b*tch, going to be able to support his family and pay for an education without debt?

• Love 9

Gosh, good thing she took the info down. Because once you change something on the internet, the internet gets amnesia. Yay!

• Love 8

Gosh, good thing she took the info down. Because once you change something on the internet, the internet gets amnesia. Yay!

Lily and Ellie, the mother-daughter team who run that blog, aren't that bright. Otherwise, one of them would have told Jessa that publishing the street address wasn't a good idea. Other than the open gift grab factor, the PO Box wasn't that big of a deal. Just more leghumper mail for Jana to open.

• Love 5

The sad thing is, she's going to be getting shit about it for weeks from trainwreck watchers with screenshots, but it came down too soon for the people who would actually have sent her a present.

• Love 3

You'd think the whole 'Death for Incest' internet chance thing would've taught them. These people are truly incapable of learning.

• Love 2