Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I don't know why the girls insist on hanging on to scraggly, waist length hair that needed a foot hacked off of it five years ago. Even if Jessa cut it to slightly below bra strep level she could keep her length but look a lot more polished.

Daddy likes long hair.
  • Love 2

Jessa is on her game! She has put some nice instagram stuff up. One of her and Ben at a football game with friends. Two of Ben playing football with the kids and in one Mikey does the preschool team sport move where he heads in the wrong direction and Ben tries to block for him. Remember I have money on the Jessa horse. :)

• Love 2

Yes, Benessa attended yet another Arkansas football game yesterday. I LMAO when I saw the pic, posted after I found out that the Hogs got slaughtered. 

I wonder if Mack and Mikey are sleeping at the Compound with their aunts and uncles? 

Jessa giggling...not sure how I feel about that. I didn't think she had it in her, other than to do it vapidly in response to some Ben "witticism." 

• Love 3

Another game?  Perhaps Ben actually is a student there now?

Is "Sorry" mowed into the grass in the Duggar backyard (clip of Ben playing football with the hoard of shoeless kids)?

Edited by CofCinci

How I think the Jessa/Ben match-up happened:

Ben wanted to have sex and thought Jessa was hot.

Jessa wanted to have sex and thought Ben was hot.

Ben wasn't as weird as many other potential fundie hubbies. Jessa was hotter than many potential fundie wives.

Both are fame whores. Both come from a culture where you aren't a person until you're married. Both desperately wanted to be grown ups/seen as people.

JimBob was worried hot Jessa and hot Ben would have hot premarital sex. Jessa is headstrong and kind of annoying - time to make her someone else's problem if need be. If people in their circle of fundie families knew of what Josh did to Jessa, she might be seen as chewed gum, especially since she doesn't seem to "keep sweet" as well as Jill. Some (in Gothardism) might not be as open to thinking of Jessa as a victim since she's not as sweet as Jill and she's pretty (some maybe thought she was at fault....rape culture/Gothardism and all....although of course she absolutely was not). I think JimBob got worried that Jessa might not find another potential spouse who she'd agree to marry, he wanted the ratings/$ spike, and he knew Jessa & Ben were thisclose to paying off a lost girl chaperone to go in the other room while they made out. I'll admit that at Jessa's age I would have thought Ben was SUPER HOT. Compared to many fundie guys, my guess is Ben is extra smokin' hot. So Jessa & Ben were probably two balls of hormones that JimBob knew he had to contain.

And also possible - Michelle like having the Ben eye candy around.

I want to add: Yay Jessa! You wear those strappy dresses and shorter skirts! I had a baby last year around the time of Jessa's due date this year (hope that makes sense). I live in the South. August and Septemeber heat can be pretty darn miserable for anyone in the south - let alone when you're in the last trimester. Even if I was a more modest dresser, any modesty I'd have would have gone out of the window if I had to be outside for any length of time in the south while that pregnant. You do you, Jessa! Be comfortable!

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 10

Jessa is on her game! She has put some nice instagram stuff up. One of her and Ben at a football game with friends. Two of Ben playing football with the kids and in one Mikey does the preschool team sport move where he heads in the wrong direction and Ben tries to block for him. Remember I have money on the Jessa horse. :)

Why oh why doesn't poor, tiny Jackson grow???

• Love 1

The men on my ex husbands side are slow growers. He grew an inch after we were married. He was 22. Our two sons didn't reach their full height til the end of high school. Now the 15 year old grandson is very impatiently waiting for his growth spurt. Dr visits confirm he has the bones of a 12 year old with lots of growth yet to come. So it varies for sure.

She's not actually doing that. That's just a tabloid twisting shit.

She has S.O.S Ministries on her blog. She is not asking folks not to fund the Dillards, but she is promoting S.O.S.

Edited by GeeGolly

So what is Jessa up to.asking people to not send any money to Jill?  http://www.inquisitr.com/2433129/jessa-duggar-diverts-funds-from-jill-duggar-dillard-family-ministry/

The article ends asking what we think of Jessa's behavior.  I think it indicates that she is probably the healthiest member of this dysfunctional family.  The one who speaks up, breaking the unwritten rules, is usually the healthiest member.  She knows something is wrong and has stopped glossing it over.  I think it's a good sign for her.  I hope she moves into a fundie-lite state of being and continues to use her brain.  I can't believe I'm defending her!

• Love 5

The article ends asking what we think of Jessa's behavior. I think it indicates that she is probably the healthiest member of this dysfunctional family. The one who speaks up, breaking the unwritten rules, is usually the healthiest member. She knows something is wrong and has stopped glossing it over. I think it's a good sign for her. I hope she moves into a fundie-lite state of being and continues to use her brain. I can't believe I'm defending her!

I totally disagree.

Healthy people don't need to constantly be validated by posting selfies or hi-jacking their family members events. Nor do they blanket everyone that disagrees with them in a "you're going to hell" blanket.

If anything, JD is probably the healthiest, because he stays away and has a valid business.

• Love 18

The article ends asking what we think of Jessa's behavior.  I think it indicates that she is probably the healthiest member of this dysfunctional family.  The one who speaks up, breaking the unwritten rules, is usually the healthiest member.  She knows something is wrong and has stopped glossing it over.  I think it's a good sign for her.  I hope she moves into a fundie-lite state of being and continues to use her brain.  I can't believe I'm defending her!

and if you go over there and put that in the comments, I predict in two days People or Us will have an article quoting you as a representative of a groundswell of something or other among Duggar fans.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 5

As strange as it sounds, I think Jessa is supporting Jill & Derick with this stuff.  By posting the link to S.O.S., I took it as her saying "This is a legit ministry organization and if The Dillweeds are associated with them, it's all legit begging".  "Seriously and totally, folks, it's on the level!  For reals!"

Her screwed-up way of being sisterly and godly. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 5

The S.O.S. link has been up on Jessa and Ben's site for forever though, long before Derick and Jill announced they were becoming missionaries. Jessa didn't "promote" anything in response to the backlash, or to get back at her sis, or whatever. The Duggars have always supported S.O.S. for as long as they've been going on their mission trips. I'm all for a Duggar scandal if there's an actual story to be told, but this is the tabloids just trying to stir up crap where there is none. Frankly, this is exactly the type of passive-aggressive move I can see Jessa doing so I'm somewhat disappointed that it's not true.

Edited by Mariva
  • Love 3

The S.O.S. link has been up on Jessa and Ben's site for forever though, long before Derick and Jill announced they were becoming missionaries. Jessa didn't "promote" anything in response to the backlash, or to get back at her sis, or whatever. The Duggars have always supported S.O.S. for as long as they've been going on their mission trips. I'm all for a Duggar scandal if there's an actual story to be told, but this is the tabloids just trying to stir up crap where there is none. Frankly, this is exactly the type of passive-aggressive move I can see Jessa doing so I'm somewhat disappointed that it's not true.

Yes. SOS has been the family's travel agency for a long time.
  • Love 14

But if you want to shop elsewhere and send them a real gift rather than a gift card, here's the Duggars' street address for UPS! Woot! 

It's pretty funny how our awesome Mods go above and beyond to protect the Duggar's home address while the Duggars themselves seem eager to shout their address from the rooftops in an attempted gift grab. But that's Duggar Logic for you...

I hope they have good security at the compound and I'm not talking about an empty squad car. They have a house full of not very well-supervised children, so I would hate for their address to get into the hands of some unstable loon who saw them on television. It has been known to happen with celebs, unfortunately.

No gift is worth that risk, IMO.  

Edited by Guest

I hope they have good security at the compound and I'm not talking about an empty squad car. They have a house full of not very well-supervised children, so I would hate for their address to get into the hands of some unstable loon who saw them on television. It has been known to happen with celebs, unfortunately.

"911, how can I help you?"

"One of our kids is missing"

"When did you last see them?"

"...I'm not sure..."

Seriously though, no matter how greedy you are, you don't give out a home address. That's what post office boxes are for.

• Love 14

"911, how can I help you?"

"One of our kids is missing"

"When did you last see them?"

Michelle: "Good question... When did you last count the children, Jana?" 

"and many of my siblings have learned framing, siding, roofing, as well as how to deal with plumbing and electrical issues."

That last bit is kind of scary. They're letting the kids handle electricity without formal training? Is that even legal? Around here, if you're building a house or renovating, you have to call a licensed electrician to do your wiring, because it's widely recognised that potentially deadly things should be handled by professionals, not amateurs. No matter how many minutes said amateurs have observed a real electrician working. Plumbing seems pretty risky to put in the hands of undeucated kids too tbh. I mean, aside from John David and Josiah are any of the boys even over 18? (I'm assuming they consider anything more complicated than tiling to be men's work.)

If someone bought one of JB's flipped houses and there was an electrical fire or water damage due to the incompetence of the workforce, could the new owners sue? Would an insurance company cover the damage costs?

• Love 13

and if you go over there and put that in the comments, I predict in two days People or Us will have an article quoting you as a representative of a groundswell of something or other among Duggar fans.

Ha ha, probably so!  Well, the healthiest member of this family isn't necessarily all that healthy.  She certainly seems aware of what naysayers are saying.  It's just astonishing to me that nobody in this family really has to work.  Must be nice.  

No commentary on Blessa's latest gift grab, via Lily and Ellie's blog? Jessa's post also confirms that Ben is not in school, but wants to go to seminary (surely not a legitmate one). 

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2015/09/update-on-ben-seewalds-career.html

From the link:This summer I’ve been able to join the work crew on most lawn care days. I love getting to share extra time with my man, and I’ve always enjoyed operating one of those zero-turn mowers! (Of course I’m extra careful being preggo and all.)

"My man"...that phraseology always makes me shudder in revulsion.  Like...she's gone for the brass ring, achieved the ultimate prize: Ben Seewald.  Her man.  And don't you get any ideas about stealin' him from her!

• Love 10

Ha ha, probably so!  Well, the healthiest member of this family isn't necessarily all that healthy.  She certainly seems aware of what naysayers are saying.  It's just astonishing to me that nobody in this family really has to work.  Must be nice.  

Don't see how it can last. ....

And, as others have mentioned, how do they get away with having untrained and unlicensed teenagers doing renos to sell? Does Jim Bob ever mess with proper permitting, or has he just paid everybody off over the years?

From the link:This summer I’ve been able to join the work crew on most lawn care days. I love getting to share extra time with my man, and I’ve always enjoyed operating one of those zero-turn mowers! (Of course I’m extra careful being preggo and all.)

"My man"...that phraseology always makes me shudder in revulsion.  Like...she's gone for the brass ring, achieved the ultimate prize: Ben Seewald.  Her man.  And don't you get any ideas about stealin' him from her!

Well, it's the only thing she's got, I guess. And in their world it's the only thing a woman ever gets except partial bragging and ownership rights to however many million blessings the couple turns out. I expect Jessa also says "my man" because she somehow thinks it's a hot thing to say. She seems to have quite a lot invested in being hot, I think.

• Love 5

If I didn't know better, I'd think the Duggar Family page is a parody. The photos in the photo gallery are resized poorly and the writing is clumsy. Jinger, Joy, and Joy make a dynamic tile-laying team? Here's our address for fans to send gift cards for our favorite stores? 

I wonder if anyone gets paid for hard labor in JimBob's business, or is the "contract" that if you do what the headship wants, you'll get all the tater tots you need to survive life's scandals and hardships.

• Love 7

"My man"...that phraseology always makes me shudder in revulsion. Like...she's gone for the brass ring, achieved the ultimate prize: Ben Seewald. Her man. And don't you get any ideas about stealin' him from her!

Oh please.

Who wouldn't enjoy operating one of those zero-turn mowers? While preggo! For her man!

Well, they could start a lawn service business.

Well, maybe she could.

I'd like to say that there are no words but...

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 4

What "extra time" with my man???

Ben doesn't seem to have a real job and doesn't attend school.  Like, WTF does he do all day??? JimBob has that many dirty toilets? 

Jessa and Ben have plenty of time together. 

Jessa, most men work 40+ hours a week and make a long commute. Women too. 

• Love 18

What "extra time" with my man???

Ben doesn't seem to have a real job and doesn't attend school.  Like, WTF does he do all day??? JimBob has that many dirty toilets? 

Jessa and Ben have plenty of time together. 

Jessa, most men work 40+ hours a week and make a long commute. Women too. 

I would really love to see what her day to day is. Jills too, pre-baby. I would be bored out of my freaking mind home 24/7. Jill at least had her studies, and now has had Izzy to care for. They have a lot of hours to fill. Even with all my secular entertainment and hobbies I still would be bored out of my skull. 

Its completely telling that Jessa sits on her ass all day with no efforts to better herself or be a contributing member to society ( or at least none that are known). She could easily start college, do a 2 yr certificate program ( medical coding, dental hygenist, ultrasound tech- that has to be a gothard approved!! ) . volunteer somewhere...get job(though that would be hard to get hired when obviously pregnant and with no job history)...IDK!

I think when her and Ben are living  in poverty with 3 kids and no help from daddy she will really regret having no education and no skills. She had soooo much time to do SOMETHING , ANYTHING! and she choose not to. 

Lazy, entitled to the max. At least Jill had her midwifery ( even though I would never want her to deliver MY baby) at least she made the effort to do SOMETHING. Even if it took her 6 years. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 8

But even if Jessa were educated, would she be allowed employment with any non-Gothardite? I thought these people were allowed to answer only to God - via Daddy or hubby? Which I also don't comprehend. I know they have so little faith in their "training" and moral code that they dare not take the risk of someone else putting thoughts or questions into the cobweb-strewn echo chambers that pass for their heads. But seriously, they cannot take direction from a supervisor on the job?? "Jessa, cleanup on Aisle Ten" might cause a crisis of faith?

I have worked with people who tried to talk religion or politics with me in a way I didn't like, and I would just explain that I didn't wish to discuss it. Couldn't these people do the same if they had a supervisor start introducing Satan into their lives?

I believe the real issue is that Daddy and Gothard and them KNOW that any of their captives could be seduced by the most benign of things outside the compound. And they just need to stomp all over any possibility of freedom or independent thought. It has nothing to do with Jesus or Heaven. It is all about a system where the men, in all their fear and insecurity, seek to stand in for God to control their worlds. (And if claiming to stand in for God ain't vanity, I don't know what is. I realize many religions have this "feature," of course.)

Topic: I think Jessa would have to do a lot of mental adjustment before feeling it was OK to pursue any truly practical education. And she will be so focused on her baby for the foreseeable future that I doubt she will have the time or energy to even think about this.

Honestly, I think it's great that she and Ben are hanging around college activities. The best way to overcome a prejudice is to get to know those "others." It un-demonizes them. My hope is they will see that being closely involved with people who are chanting GO HOGS! instead of JESUS! will cause no harm. Heck, they might even start to have fun. Yay Ben for not preventing Jessa from shedding the frump wear. Yay for Ben for not interfering with Jessa shooting off her mouth. I am hopeful that these are just growing pains as Jessa figures out who SHE is.

• Love 2