Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Flirting With Disaster

• Start Topic

That little power trip during the auditions showed Whitney's true colors. 

And Caitie? She seemed to seriously be puzzled as to why she didn't get picked, when she "helped out" so much by taking over the class that one time.  Something smells rotten in the state of Denmark. They must do some great editing, if Caitie wasn't able to pick up on the fact that Whitney was seething over that.  Or else, Whitney really wasn't seething over it, but it makes for good ratings to edit it that way.  Personally, I think she was seething, but I thought I'd type out the alternative, just to see how it felt.  I am just puzzled over Caitie's apparent mis-read of that whole situation.

And you could tell Whitney was living it up, or lapping it up, seeing Caitie's utter shock.  Especially after she said, "I got this in the bag," or whatever it was she (Caitie) said about her chance of getting picked.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

And Caitie? She seemed to seriously be puzzled as to why she didn't get picked, when she "helped out" so much by taking over the class that one time.  Something smells rotten in the state of Denmark. They must do some great editing, if Caitie wasn't able to pick up on the fact that Whitney was seething over that.  Or else, Whitney really wasn't seething over it, but it makes for good ratings to edit it that way.  Personally, I think she was seething, but I thought I'd type out the alternative, just to see how it felt.  I am just puzzled over Caitie's apparent mis-read of that whole situation.

The thing is, Whitney only chastised Caitie in a mean way in her talking head.  She was fake nice to her face and only told her to check with her first next time.  She didn't "act" mad in other words so Caitie didn't really get the gist of Whitney's passive aggressive tongue lashing.

• Love 19
7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The stuff with Will just proves, yet again, that Whitney doesn't really want to change.  She randomly blows off training sessions (maybe she actually calls and cancels; either way, what disregard for Will's time) under the guise of having so much on her plate.  

I said something similar but avoided this particular metaphor LOL!!!!!!

• Love 6

Oh my god, Whitney, FIX YOUR QUADRABOOB, you stupid woman. I'm not done with the episode yet and there's a lot to say but this painful-looking obvious bra issue during the workout video is fucking baffling. Does she not FEEL that?!

• Love 3

While I am sure a lot of what is on this show is scripted, I do believe that Whit does live off of cookies and sugar coffees.  The garbage on the floor I feel is realistic.  I also believe Whit truly believes that just eating a chunk from a cookie is doing well ( but I agree with others that there was probably a second cookie). It is exactly like the people in 600lb life that buy 10 items from the drive thru because they are hungry, have to eat and don't want to starve.  Until Whit a admits she eats garbage food all day long and eats too much in general she won't be successful. 

• Love 13

I get the feeling that Whitney feels (no KNOWS) Caitie is better than her so she has constantly put her down at every turn. I see in the DVD promo she let Caitie be a back up dancer, but it was clear Whitney didn't want Caitie to take away her spotlight as Todd so eloquently put it. She's what 32 years old and she's acting like a teenage girl about all this and feels threatened.

I hope Will sticks to not letting her back as his client. He should only accept her if she shows (through actions) that she's ready to change. She hasn't shown that thus far. And this crush thing with the radio host was beyond annoying.

• Love 12
(edited)

Midwest farm girl here who actually used to help with castrating male pigs... (TMI, I know...) Pigs need to be a certain age, weight and have certain vaccinations before it can be done. Since Babs really does seem to be an animal lover, I assume that's the situation with Allistar too. 

Edited by TotoGirl
Clarification
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, RealityCowgirl said:

I get the logic of having different skill levels represented in the video. I've owned several exercise tapes (gawd, I'm old - actual tapes) and always appreciated those that had background folk who were not fitness-model/pro athlete perfect. That said, even those showing modifications to the exercises to fit different levels were actually *choreographed.* If we are to believe the scenario shown (big if, obviously), Mattie's issues were all on Whitney. Funny. While her mouth was moving with words that seemed to admit that, I doubt she actually really accepted that responsibility. Nothing is ever her fault. 

I'm right there with you.  Me & Richard Simmons have Sweated to the Oldies too many times to count.  And I've seen interviews with him where he has said they rehearse the exercise routine 2 or 3 times and then do a full through tape.  So this blaming Mattie (who looks fab btw) is BS.  First I can tell the routine they auditioned with is not the same one done on the tape there were totally different moves and then if she is having trouble getting the steps down it's Whit's responsibility to do a rehearsal before taping. 

As far as Allister goes, IDK whose fault it is for his piggy behavior but you don't leave an untrained, young animal in a room by himself with important stuff.  They are going to get in it--boredom, curiosity, whatever they are going to explore.  And Whit just wipe the piggy "lovins" off yourself!  GAH!  This yelling for mommy was just stupid and complaining about what the pig just did was stupid and immature.  Take care of the stuff yourself then tell them.  Christ this girl is pissing me off!

IDK, I've gone from hate watching this show to just hating this show.

• Love 10

Yes Yes Yes to both Cowgirl and Yokosmom.... They need to get the damn pig neutered!!! It is just cruel of them not to. I heard the dog handler mention it at the end of the session but I got the impression from his tone that he's told her repetitively and he knows he's talking to a brick wall. 

• Love 3

The anger Whit shows toward her parents is unbelievable.  She better watch out cuz she is going to be at their mercy in a few years.  Why was she screaming at Glenn about the pig?  She made it sound like it was Glenn's decision not to have him neutered when she was in the pig room.  Then later when they were all together Glenn says to do whatever to get Allister to behave.  Then Whit screams that It was all Babs idea to buy Allister & she (Whit) didn't have any part in it. That's true but she doesn't need to say it in such a mean way & point her finger at Babs like she was a hardened criminal. I'm not even mentioning what we've seen in previous episodes.   Not very becoming behavior Whit. 

• Love 11

Vit not cleaning up after the pig made me so angry. Her parents are two years older than mine are. They are at the age where *I* need to help them, not the other way around. Sadly, Vit can't even handle her own, $h!t, so she is in no position to be there for her parents. 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

So there's a pig that is totally dependent on Babs and Glenn, inappropriately sexual, and lives in a self-created mess...and then there's Allistair.

Best. Twit. Statement. Ever!!!!

(Now to wipe the soda off my keyboard...)

• Love 6
Just now, PityFree said:

Vit not cleaning up after the pig made me so angry. Her parents are two years older than mine are. They are at the age where *I* need to help them, not the other way around. Sadly, Vit can't even handle her own, $h!t, so she is in no position to be there for her parents. 

Seriously! My parents are also Whitneys age.. and man what a lazy POS!!!!! Whenever I go to  my parents I am always doing stuff for them like dishes helping clean the kitchen setting the table ect.  If I walked in and had saw that I would have  cleaned it for them

Honestly her cleaning the room probably would have exhausted her. I don't think she can bend over and pick stuff off the floor. Her just standing for more than 5 minutes seems to exhaust her. I wonder how many breaks she needed during filming of her exercise tapes? ( which I actually think is a great idea)

Also its fairly ridiculous that she literally cannot even put on her own shoes but thinks she is healthy. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Regarding the Roy situation, Todd is right: Whitney loves attention. Like another poster here, Whitney reminds me of a friend who thought every male who spoke to her or even looked at her, was hitting on her. The clerk at the grocery store asks her if she wants paper or plastic? Hitting on her! Her dentist held the door open for her when she was leaving his office after a filling? He's in love with her! A guy at church smiled and said 'hi' to her on Sunday? He totally wants to leave his wife and hook up with her! Drove me crazy. It's all about wanting the attention.

So Roy asks Whitney if she's done this or that, and seems surprised that she has never done any "southern" things, and that means he has a crush on her? She gave him her number, and he "immediately" texted her, claims Whitney. If that's the case, I gave my son's soccer coach my number, and he texted me that SAME DAY to let me know when the next practice was! And then...he texted back immediately to correct the time that practice would be! He totally thinks I'm HOT! (insert hair flipping). Ugh. Roy being nice, is NOT Roy hitting on you, or even crushing on you, Whitney!

Working out with Will here and there, with a few other physical activities added in, is not going to do Whitney any good if she's not willing to make any changes to her diet. Good for Will for giving it to her straight. He's wasting his time with her, and could be spending that time helping someone who really wants it. I loved when he went to her car and discovered Whitney's "good food choices" littering the floor of her car. But look...she only ate ONE bite of that ginormous cookie! And maybe, there was a small chance that she wasn't going to eat the rest! See how good she's doing, Will? All that trash on the floor was proof that she does have an eating problem, PCOS or no PCOS.

Edited by shoovenbooty
spelling
  • Love 22
29 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

So there's a pig that is totally dependent on Babs and Glenn, inappropriately sexual, and lives in a self-created mess...and then there's Allistair. 

You have to put a warning on a comment like this!!! I burst out laughing and scared the crap out of my cat!!

• Love 9

So Roy asks Whitney if she's done this or that, and seems surprised that she has never done any "southern" things, and that means he has a crush on her? She gave him her number, and he "immediately" texted her, claims Whitney. If that's the case, I gave my son's soccer coach my number, and he texted me that SAME DAY to let me know when the next practice was! And then...he texted back immediately to correct the time that practice would be! He totally thinks I'm HOT! (insert hair flipping). Ugh. Roy being nice, is NOT Roy hitting on you, or even crushing on you, Whitney

I forgot to mention this.  I'm not 100% convinced her internship is real or just a story line TLC set up so I take Roy's so called flirting with that same attitude.  It does seem he likes her as friends but he does know she has a bf so I would guess he wasn't actually trying to hit on her.  AND if some num-nuts at TLC told him to behave in this manner just to get a story line going that it looks like Whit & hipster doofus will break up...well that's just sad.

• Love 7

I figured that Roy was told he would get more TLC $ if he developed a story line,  so here we are.  Same with all of her friends.  

Mattie is being used,  cuz transgendered is in now,  and same with $ above.  

Guess it's their 15 minutes of fame so they're cashing in as well.  

Cynical?  Yep. True? YMMV. 

• Love 11

I guarantee that the 3 meal photos that Whitney sent to Will over the 6 weeks were the only healthy meals that she ate over that whole period.

About Whitney just expecting Todd to help her with her shoes because, "what could she do she couldn't reach". If she stays on the path she is on, in another year or two she'll be like, 'why can't he just wipe my ass after I poop, what can I do I can't reach'. Then in another couple of years, 'why can't he just pick up fast food for me, what can I do, I can't get out of bed'. 

• Love 15
(edited)
2 hours ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

I could believe Whitney selling out her dignity for money.  It seems odd that Babs and Glenn would go along with it. Glenn in particular seems quite protective of Whitney and must be crushed by the way she is being portrayed/edited. 

Dying. :) 

But there's also probably a larger truth in the pig scenes. I have a 50-plus brother who has excuses for everything, at least as far back as "Mean Mrs. Johnson," his second grade teacher. I usually resist blaming parents for the poor choices that grown-a$$ adult children make. That said, like what unfolded with piggy, I can totally see Babs giving little Whitney no rules at all; or few rules and ignoring it when they're broken; indulging snowflake's every wish; and Glenn either contributing directly or throwing his hands up in "defeat," because he pretends he has no options but to accept it all or make empty threats. 

They had options then. They have options now - with daughter and pig. They'll probably have more success with the pig, because he will listen and learn.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
I'm not as illiterate as my typos suggest
  • Love 13

I honestly don't even know what to say about Whitney anymore. I have been a trainer for over 8 years and have never had to fire a client for noncompliance. I fired ONE client, and that was because she had the stankest attitude during our sessions and kept demanding that I coddle her and "validate her feelings" because that's what she needed (she was a psychologist...). Usually if a client doesn't have an interest in change, they'll stop coming to sessions on their own. Good for Will sticking it to her like that. Of course Whitney has an excuse for everything. Here's the thing, though: even if you think your severe obesity developed entirely outside of your control, surely you can acknowledge that, intellectually, YOU are the only one who can fix it, right? I gained over 60 lb while pregnant, and even if I thought it was JUST being pregnant that made me gain all that weight, I can still recognize that losing the weight is entirely up to me and nobody else. Her entitlement and immaturity are so far beyond staggering at this point. What the hell happened to season 1 Whitney who was terrified of becoming the way she is now? Incapable of taking her fuckin' shoes off, when in season 1 she bragged about her flexibility. Eating everything in sight, when in season 1 she talked about needing to eat healthier so she could avoid diabetes. Sticking her substantial ass in people's faces, when in season 1 she talked about avoiding men who see her as just a fetish object. She has fallen so far and it is getting depressing to watch.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

I forgot to mention this.  I'm not 100% convinced her internship is real or just a story line TLC set up so I take Roy's so called flirting with that same attitude.  It does seem he likes her as friends but he does know she has a bf so I would guess he wasn't actually trying to hit on her.  AND if some num-nuts at TLC told him to behave in this manner just to get a story line going that it looks like Whit & hipster doofus will break up...well that's just sad.

There was an article linked in another thread stating that TLC approached the radio station about a storyline with them and Whit. So, basically it's not real. I believe the article stated that Whit filmed with them once  a week for 6 weeks. So, she had a "job" once a week, for SIX weeks. Life is rough.

If getting healthy and "fit" was important to her, she would make time for it. It's true with anything. I work a full time job, have a family and still manage to get in a run 5 days a week. Granted, I don't have small children (teenagers) but if I have to get up at 5 to get my run in, I do it. I'll even go on my lunch hour at work if my day permits it. It just isn't a priority for Whit.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, mamey2422 said:

Someone else mentioned the DVD taping was phony and that's exactly what it was. Whitney posted this link to a preview of her DVDs and they are way more professional and put together than today's episode portrayed. PLUS Caitie was in them too! 

And Maddie didn't appear to be in any of them.  I think maybe what we were shown was to give Maddie a role on the show, since she seems to be a "cast member" this season.

2 hours ago, RealityCowgirl said:

I get the logic of having different skill levels represented in the video. I've owned several exercise tapes (gawd, I'm old - actual tapes) and always appreciated those that had background folk who were not fitness-model/pro athlete perfect. That said, even those showing modifications to the exercises to fit different levels were actually *choreographed.* If we are to believe the scenario shown (big if, obviously), Mattie's issues were all on Whitney. Funny. While her mouth was moving with words that seemed to admit that, I doubt she actually really accepted that responsibility. Nothing is ever her fault. 

She did not accept any responsibility - just acted pissed that Maddie was making her "look bad."  But that was Maddie's fault :)

1 hour ago, Tosia said:

I figured that Roy was told he would get more TLC $ if he developed a story line,  so here we are.  Same with all of her friends.  

Mattie is being used,  cuz transgendered is in now,  and same with $ above.  

Guess it's their 15 minutes of fame so they're cashing in as well.  

Cynical?  Yep. True? YMMV. 

Or that :)

1 hour ago, absolutelyido said:

I guarantee that the 3 meal photos that Whitney sent to Will over the 6 weeks were the only healthy meals that she ate over that whole period.

Or the only healthy meals she prepared - we know she didn't even bother to eat the salmon :)

As for Roy - whether he agreed to chat her up for storyline purposes or was just being a friendly guy, can you imagine his shock when the result was Whitney sticking her face in his armpit for a big old whiff?  HAHAHAHAHA I was dying!!!  That is indeed the human equivalent of Alistair humping your leg!

• Love 11
9 hours ago, lallalla said:

Tonight's episode is just further proof that Twitney cannot dance or choreograph. She has NO originality when it comes to undulating herself on the dance floor.

Undulating? She's not undulating! THIS is undulating. (Beautiful, but probably NSFW)

And speaking of actual dancing, the whole  "ballroom competition " storyline is already making me roll my eyes.  On May 28, 2016 there was a one-day, National Dance Council of America sanctioned competition, called "The Carolina Ballroom Challenge" held in Charlotte, NC.  I assume this is the one that Whitney "entered." Contrary to what she claimed, there was no professional category at this competition. It was divided between amateur competition (two non-professionals competing as a couple) and pro-am competition (one student competing with his or her teacher as partner.) Whitney and Todd wouldn't qualify as amateurs in an actual NDCA competition, and couldn't compete as professionals, because the competition didn't include that category.  I'll be interested to see how TLC managed the whole thing to make it look like Whitney actually competed in something.  Did the NDCA let them keep the banners that decorate sponsored competitions up while Whitney was on the floor? I am inclined to believe that the NDCA didn't have all that much to do with it, because there is no mention of TLC or the show in any of their publicity material. But who can tell? Maybe they took the money but were embarrassed enough to try to keep it on the down-low as much as possible.

• Love 11

Love love love the ballroom dance teacher!!  She is obviously Russian, and although she seemed excited at Whit and Todd dancing, she must be dying inside.  How can you only wear a half inch heel for 5 minutes?  How can you say your dance "career" has stagnated?  What career?

You know how the Dancing with the Stars celebrities inevitably lose weight and tone up during their tenures on the show?  I wonder how long Whit would last.  Half an hour?

I am surprised at Todd's negativity towards ballroom dancing.  It may not be his favorite, but boy is it elegant and classy and he should expand his horizons beyond chubby dance class.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Lesia said:

You know how the Dancing with the Stars celebrities inevitably lose weight and tone up during their tenures on the show?  I wonder how long Whit would last.  Half an hour?

If she got paired with Maks, he would murder her within minutes.   It would be ruled a justifiable homicide.

• Love 18
(edited)

Twit's latest excuse to Will for eating junk, that she ran out of bars, just highlighted her immaturity yet again. It was such a lame, childish excuse...I suppose she forgot to send her Dad to get the protein bars on the way to get her TP and tuna packs.

She proclaims "I feel like every time I'm here I give it 110%" and then lists all THREE things she has to juggle in her incredibly busy life *eyeroll*. She hasn't even a hint of a whiff of a clue of how much work -- mental and physical -- she really needs to do. I think this state of denial she's in would dwarf Alaska. I mean, she only manages to send Will 3 pictures of her meals in a month...one of them is the salmon she wouldn't even eat and the other is some Yoshinoya-looking beef bowl with white rice? I wanted to say that she should know that high-glycemic white carbs should be a no-no for her, but I remembered that this is a woman who feels thirsty and ends up eating a bowl of sugary Fruit Loops. Not commenting so much on her lack of will power (no pun intended), but rather on her total ignorance of nutrition and healthy eating. The "iceberg lettuce with ranch dressing" salad, the tuna with noodles calorie bomb, the sugary Crappuccinos all day long...

Soooo used to the editors/producers slamming Twit that I was surprised that Will and Catie got a bit of the conceited asshole edit this week. Will was most likely just being playful with the "I look ripped every day", but they didn't show his face while he said it (though they left in the sound of the little hand pop he made, like a "badum bum"). Catie's "I got this in the bag" just seems like it was taken out of context. I mean, who would actually say that aloud?  Probably she was saying something like "it would be presumptuous of me to think I got this in the bag"...especially since her mouth was still moving when they cut her off.

Not to get all Lone Gunmen on y'all, but as someone who has produced/recorded/edited a lot of audio, all of the Frankenstein'ed dialogue on these shows get to be pretty infuriating. Also, the editors for this show seem rather lax about syncing up music in the main mix of the show with the scene. So many times (especially when we're not hearing the music from speakers in the room), the dancers' moves seem a sixteenth to an eighth note behind. Well, I guess it's either lazy editing or sloppy dancing...probably both.

3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Oh my god, Whitney, FIX YOUR QUADRABOOB, you stupid woman. I'm not done with the episode yet and there's a lot to say but this painful-looking obvious bra issue during the workout video is fucking baffling. Does she not FEEL that?!

ClareWalks, when I glanced at my first sentence, for a second I thought I had typed "ran out of bras"...maybe because...in my head...she needs two at a time?

22 minutes ago, Pdxblonde said:

There was an article linked in another thread stating that TLC approached the radio station about a storyline with them and Whit. So, basically it's not real. I believe the article stated that Whit filmed with them once  a week for 6 weeks. So, she had a "job" once a week, for SIX weeks. Life is rough.

Also, she told Roy "next time I'm in Charlotte". Yeah, that's a such a horrendously tough early morning she had to deal with...One.Friggin'.Day.A.Week. I can totally see why she can't make time for working out or preparing healthy food.

14 hours ago, littleone said:

OMG.  I've lurked long enough.  I had to join these forums just to post because I'm so fed up with Whitney's attitude.

Seriously! Me too! As a former MBTV/TWoP'er who's lurked forever, I couldn't stay silent any longer, so I'm popping my PTV cherry on this thread. Sorry to be so grossly sexual...Twit's a bad influence.

Edited by Trackdawg
Werds not gud.
  • Love 14
(edited)

She loves to sniff cat's breath, the smell of Lennie's beard & sniffing people's armpits....

If she passes gas in bed, does she pull the covers over her own head???

Edited by TotoGirl
Punctuation
  • Love 11

Oh, yeah, "I ran out of bars" was the most epic excuse I've ever heard. I think Whitney would probably just stop washing her hands entirely if she "ran out of" soap. Has she even heard of these things called "stores?"

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, TotoGirl said:

She loves to sniff cat's breath, the smell of Lennie' beard & sniffing people's armpits....

If she passes gas in bed, does she pull the covers over her own head???

Or she drives with the windows rolled up all the time. Did you see the brown stains under that trash dump in her truck??

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ClareWalks said:

Oh, yeah, "I ran out of bars" was the most epic excuse I've ever heard. I think Whitney would probably just stop washing her hands entirely if she "ran out of" soap. Has she even heard of these things called "stores?"

Parents of young children, take note: this is what happens when you don't set limits for your children, never say "no" to them (I have a niece who refuses to do that), and give them NO responsibility.   They grow up to be Whitney.  Obviously, Whitney expected someone (certainly not her) to know she was out of bars, and then go get them for her. Maybe Glenn refuses to do that, since she dissed his little serving sized containers.  I hope he did.

• Love 9

Somewhere in here someone posted a quote implying that Whit's "friends" on the show actually don't like her and are faking it for their TV role. We're certainly seeing more and more of that, with Buddy telling her to eff herself a couple of weeks back, and now Todd spilling what he really thinks about Whit's feeling threatened by Caitie. I think Todd's role now is to speak on behalf of the audience and I am enjoying it immensely. I wonder if Whit still thinks they're friends. And the other guy -- is it Tal? -- isn't keeping up the facade either. I don't remember what he said but it's obvious Whit's support base is shrinking fast.

Speaking of the bitchiness against Caitie, I felt there was a bit of skinny shaming in her criticism that Caitie's dancing was too cheerleader. Obviously cheerleaders are the antithesis of everything Whit is trying to promote. They're usually thin, cute and athletic, so they have no place in a big girl class! And most cheerleaders could dance rings around old Whitney. She should be so lucky to have a cheerleader as a backup dancer. Full disclosure: my daughters are college cheerleaders so I might have taken that a bit personally.

• Love 17
51 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Probably not, she seems to only eat things she can get at the drive-thru. So the real reason Whitney can't eat healthy is that the drive-thru doesn't sell her protein bars. Whether protein bars are actually healthy is for another post :-)

• Love 7

Isn't drive-thru food for busy people? Whit seems to have oodles of free time to meal prep and cook. Oh wait, we saw last season that she couldn't even cook a simple chicken dinner without practically burning the house down.

She seems to be perpetually stuck at about 14 or 15.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, Ketzel said:

When Lauren at the radio station accused Roy of having a crush on Whitney, his response of "No, no I don't!" had the ring of total, desperate truth.

Did I hear right? Did Whitney really say Lennie wanted to hit her when she insisted on shoving her face into his armpit to smell it? Seriously? There is something wrong with both of these people.

I haven't watched it yet but thank you for the warning.  I don't care if its Salma Hyek smelling George Clooney's armpits, I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT!  

What is it with TLC and their shows fulla grimy/smelly/greasy looking folks?  The Duggars and now this show.  Neither shows stars even seem like they TRY to be not smelly.  

• Love 4

Whitney is so damn dramatic. I am 100% sure that "Lennie hits me when I sniff his armpit" actually means "Lennie is ticklish and involuntarily jerks his elbow down into my face when I'm an idiot and stick my face in his armpit." Also her whole pheromones theory is cracked because she says she loves the smell of men's deodorant...which is not pheromones. I love the smell of men's deodorant too. Fortunately I can just smell the stick (if I'm that friggin' desperate) and leave my poor husband's pits out of it, like a NORMAL PERSON.

• Love 14

Been lurking for quite awhile and figured it’s about time I post. I have PCOS and this season the show is driving me crazy, plus based on some of the comments I’m seeing I feel like Whitney is giving the rest of us with PCOS a bad name. PCOS affects every woman differently but Whitney has symptoms similar to me (the facial hair, weight issues especially in the belly area) and that’s why I started watching the show. But from what we’re seeing, she is making no effort at all to actually manage or improve her symptoms. With the footage of her eating (pizza, froot loops, heaps of pasta) plus the trash heap in her car, we can see Whitney’s (or Vitney’s lol) diet is pretty much the opposite of what she should be eating, and if she considers dancing a few times a week to be enough of a workout then she’s clueless. The type of strength training Will was having her do in their sessions is exactly what she needs. For many of us with PCOS, just cardio isn’t going to be enough. And honestly she should be doing pilates and yoga too. But oh my God, the diet…. Sugar, simple carbs and caffeine… no no no! I’m guessing her insulin and hormone levels are all going nuts, maybe that’s part of why she acts so irrationally. I used to eat like her, lots of fast food and junk. I looked and felt like crap. That type of food isn’t really healthy for anyone but when you have PCOS the damage can be exponentially worse. I’m sure that some of her weight gain was HELPED by PCOS (some of us who are extremely healthy and do most everything right still deal with weight and other problems) but it’s more like PCOS contributed to the snowballing effect… like maybe her habits would have caused a normal person to gain 50 lbs but for Whitney it was twice as much. This disease can really mess you up, physically and mentally… depression and anxiety are really common. I think we’re seeing cracks in the façade she puts up. Who she is is probably normally bubbly and self confident but I think she has to have SOME self awareness to recognize she’s talking a good game but her actions are not backing her up.

Reality certainly hit her when she realized how under-prepared she was for this ‘DVD’. And I can see why she wanted Mattie there… Mattie has style and flair (she could be ‘The Nanny!) but isn’t technically so sound that she’d upstage Whit. I think Caitie knows Whit is still pissed at her but she’s trying to put the ‘I was only helping!’ spin on it. Still childish of Whit not to at least say hey you are really awesome too, can we have you as a plan B or something like that. It does seem producer driven that Jessica knew this was so important due to the ‘auditions’ but then she texts last minute that she can’t come. Hmmm… But yeah, it was Whit’s fault if Mattie was not ready. They should have all been practicing together before the taping, plus have a script written. She seems to have this overconfidence that she can do the bare minimum and all will just magically work out.

So glad Will is not putting up with her BS (how ironic) and dropped her. If she doesn’t want to make a commitment and put in the effort why should he? I hired a personal trainer for a few months, years ago when my weight got to its highest. Yes it was annoying sending her my food journal and she’d harp on me about one serving of potato chips, but you know what? I needed that reminder that it is empty calories and I could be eating something more nutritious. That’s the point – you NEED someone to ride you because you’ve gotten to the state where you’re not policing yourself enough. My interpretation of the whole giant cookie thing is that she was claiming the cookie itself was a better choice than others she could have made. Yeah girl, I used to be a binge eater and have major food addictions just like you… I know deal-making and rationalizing when I see it. So classic. She has ‘reasons’ for everything but bristles at anyone naming them for what they are… excuses. Whit is afraid of change because she sees it as all or nothing. She needs some expert help – therapists, nutritionists, etc, to show her that there IS a middle ground where she can be happy. There are so many specialists in PCOS out there, if she chose to I’m sure the show could set up meetings for her where she could actually learn to take care of herself. It’s extremely frustrating to see her act like a child and not want to take responsibility… she’s only hurting herself (and stressing out her parents!)

I enjoyed Todd speaking his mind and calling her out. He should not have to put on her shoes, what is he, her servant? She doesn’t like how her weight is affecting her but is making no real effort to correct it. No pun intended based on last week’s show, but she seems to want her cake and eat it too :P  I agree no one should be bullied or shamed for how they look, but this is the real world and no one at 380 lbs can be healthy and have their body function the way it ideally should. Either Whitney needs to get out of denial, be truthful about her exercise and what she eats and how that affects her body, or she should just give up the pretense, but then stop complaining when she can’t do something… which is soon going to be the thing she loves most - dancing. As we saw in this ep, she’s well on her way.

One last thing, as someone who fosters rescued puppies, I HATE when people get a baby animal (or any animal for that matter) and proceed not to learn a thing about how to properly raise it. That’s how animals end up in shelters and one of the reasons why euthanization rates are so high. Babs and Whit let the situation get so bad that Glen had to do the ‘if things don’t improve the animal is going’ speech. Poor piggy… they can be smart, sweet creatures (much like dogs) but they need TRAINING, activity and supervision or of course they’re going to be wrecking the place. DUH.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Lesia said:

I am surprised at Todd's negativity towards ballroom dancing.  It may not be his favorite, but boy is it elegant and classy and he should expand his horizons beyond chubby dance class.

I wonder if Todd's attitude towards ballroom would change if he didn't feel he was tied to partnering Whitney. I don't think she'd be much fun as a professional ballroom partner. She already jokes about how she has to lead, which seemed to annoy him, and there's also the concern that professional ballroom couples  do showcase performances, which include complicated lifts. Not to mention expecting him to get her shoes on and off her feet.

Someone should tell Todd that young men who are capable ballroom dancers are in short supply everywhere, and he'd have a wide choice of potential partners if he decided to get involved in competitive dance. I'm sure he could still squeeze in Whitney's once-a-week Big Girl Class. Although he'd have to warn his ballroom partner to keep out of Whitney's way. Stealing Todd is probably even a bigger crime in Whit's world than taking over the BG dance class!

I don't believe Whitney loves to dance at all. She loves the attention from being at the front of the room. She loves to tell people she's a dancer, and wait for their reaction to her physique. She loves to jiggle her ample ass at cameras and in people's faces to assert how hot and sexy she is. But no matter what she says, she doesn't love the body that is the instrument of her purported "passion" enough to do anything to improve its functionality. Dancers dance, and work out, and take classes to improve and extend their technical skills, and perform the work of other choreographers, and teach. They watch their diets and manage them for weight control (who knows when some partner is going to have to lift you overhead?) and strength (who knows when you might be the one doing the lifting?) and stamina. Whitney can't be bothered to do any of these things, let alone all of them. And if you love dance, you do all of them.

• Love 13
31 minutes ago, imcrushingyourhead said:

Been lurking for quite awhile and figured it’s about time I post. I have PCOS and this season the show is driving me crazy, plus based on some of the comments I’m seeing I feel like Whitney is giving the rest of us with PCOS a bad name. PCOS affects every woman differently but Whitney has symptoms similar to me (the facial hair, weight issues especially in the belly area) and that’s why I started watching the show. But from what we’re seeing, she is making no effort at all to actually manage or improve her symptoms. With the footage of her eating (pizza, froot loops, heaps of pasta) plus the trash heap in her car, we can see Whitney’s (or Vitney’s lol) diet is pretty much the opposite of what she should be eating, and if she considers dancing a few times a week to be enough of a workout then she’s clueless. The type of strength training Will was having her do in their sessions is exactly what she needs. For many of us with PCOS, just cardio isn’t going to be enough. And honestly she should be doing pilates and yoga too. But oh my God, the diet…. Sugar, simple carbs and caffeine… no no no! I’m guessing her insulin and hormone levels are all going nuts, maybe that’s part of why she acts so irrationally. I used to eat like her, lots of fast food and junk. I looked and felt like crap. That type of food isn’t really healthy for anyone but when you have PCOS the damage can be exponentially worse. I’m sure that some of her weight gain was HELPED by PCOS (some of us who are extremely healthy and do most everything right still deal with weight and other problems) but it’s more like PCOS contributed to the snowballing effect… like maybe her habits would have caused a normal person to gain 50 lbs but for Whitney it was twice as much. This disease can really mess you up, physically and mentally… depression and anxiety are really common. I think we’re seeing cracks in the façade she puts up. Who she is is probably normally bubbly and self confident but I think she has to have SOME self awareness to recognize she’s talking a good game but her actions are not backing her up.

Reality certainly hit her when she realized how under-prepared she was for this ‘DVD’. And I can see why she wanted Mattie there… Mattie has style and flair (she could be ‘The Nanny!) but isn’t technically so sound that she’d upstage Whit. I think Caitie knows Whit is still pissed at her but she’s trying to put the ‘I was only helping!’ spin on it. Still childish of Whit not to at least say hey you are really awesome too, can we have you as a plan B or something like that. It does seem producer driven that Jessica knew this was so important due to the ‘auditions’ but then she texts last minute that she can’t come. Hmmm… But yeah, it was Whit’s fault if Mattie was not ready. They should have all been practicing together before the taping, plus have a script written. She seems to have this overconfidence that she can do the bare minimum and all will just magically work out.

So glad Will is not putting up with her BS (how ironic) and dropped her. If she doesn’t want to make a commitment and put in the effort why should he? I hired a personal trainer for a few months, years ago when my weight got to its highest. Yes it was annoying sending her my food journal and she’d harp on me about one serving of potato chips, but you know what? I needed that reminder that it is empty calories and I could be eating something more nutritious. That’s the point – you NEED someone to ride you because you’ve gotten to the state where you’re not policing yourself enough. My interpretation of the whole giant cookie thing is that she was claiming the cookie itself was a better choice than others she could have made. Yeah girl, I used to be a binge eater and have major food addictions just like you… I know deal-making and rationalizing when I see it. So classic. She has ‘reasons’ for everything but bristles at anyone naming them for what they are… excuses. Whit is afraid of change because she sees it as all or nothing. She needs some expert help – therapists, nutritionists, etc, to show her that there IS a middle ground where she can be happy. There are so many specialists in PCOS out there, if she chose to I’m sure the show could set up meetings for her where she could actually learn to take care of herself. It’s extremely frustrating to see her act like a child and not want to take responsibility… she’s only hurting herself (and stressing out her parents!)

I enjoyed Todd speaking his mind and calling her out. He should not have to put on her shoes, what is he, her servant? She doesn’t like how her weight is affecting her but is making no real effort to correct it. No pun intended based on last week’s show, but she seems to want her cake and eat it too :P  I agree no one should be bullied or shamed for how they look, but this is the real world and no one at 380 lbs can be healthy and have their body function the way it ideally should. Either Whitney needs to get out of denial, be truthful about her exercise and what she eats and how that affects her body, or she should just give up the pretense, but then stop complaining when she can’t do something… which is soon going to be the thing she loves most - dancing. As we saw in this ep, she’s well on her way.

Yes! Yes! Yes! 10,000% YES to everything in your post!!!! Thank you for your honesty, insight & wonderful words of wisdom!!!

• Love 4

There's is no reason Whiney should be without proper food at all times. She "works" one day a week. Any other days could be devoted to her doing a serious meal prep. She could make a mess of veggies and grill up a ton of chicken in one day that would last her all week. There is no reason for her to be struggling with food choices. It doesn't have to be perfect all the time but it needs to be a bit damn better than giant cookies. 

Im the worst if I don't have my meals lined up for lunch and dinner. Every lunch and dinner loom exactly the same. Do I love it? No. Does my scale and my trainer? Yes.

My decision making skills go bonkers if i dont have a clear idea of what im eating but I'm still not chowing down on KFC and giant sweets. Why can't she get a salad at Chipotle or a Baja Fresh if she must stop at a drive thru? Better options do exist. She does need to sit with a therapist because I feel she knows what she's doing to herself and is powerless to stop it at this point. She is addicted.  There's no shame in saying you need help.

• Love 8

I need to go back and watch parts of this episode (vs listening, half-watching), but where did she get the moon sized cookie?  Did she get that at a drive-thru or did she go into store (other than a bakery) to get it? If so, why didn't she buy some more "health bars"? (As someone else noted,a different discussion on these entirely as to how "healthy" they are).  Was she no where near a grocery, health food store or even gas station, which often carry a range of these bars she is so fond of (so even if not her brand, some option would be available, let alone things like an apple, banana, some nuts, cheese, etc.).  Was she in a grocery/gas store oasis where her only option was some fast food/bakery cookie the size of the moon?!

• Love 5
Just now, lallalla said:

I need to go back and watch parts of this episode (vs listening, half-watching), but where did she get the moon sized cookie?  Did she get that at a drive-thru or did she go into store (other than a bakery) to get it? If so, why didn't she buy some more "health bars"? (As someone else noted,a different discussion on these entirely as to how "healthy" they are).  Was she no where near a grocery, health food store or even gas station, which often carry a range of these bars she is so fond of (so even if not her brand, some option would be available, let alone things like an apple, banana, some nuts, cheese, etc.).  Was she in a grocery/gas store oasis where her only option was some fast food/bakery cookie the size of the moon?!

Most likely, the cookie came from a coffee place, like Starbucks. I get tired of people on my 600 lb life saying they have no choice but to eat fast food while on the road. Bullshi*! Whenever we road trip, I always fill up a cooler with fruit, veggie sticks, string cheese, sandwiches, etc. You don't HAVE to eat fast food! But, that would take a little effort. I wonder if Buddy does all the grocery shopping at home or if Whit just eats all her meals out and goes over to Bab's and Glen's occasionally for dinner.

• Love 6