Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Flirting With Disaster

• Start Topic

omg that Joker smile cracked me up for a few minutes :D Was that supposed to be funny or enticing or..? I found that really endearing how she said "ok that was stupid". Yeah, and if i was the guy, i would be terrified to my very soul :D

• Love 9

What really is Whitney's goal in life?  Will she keep using her disease as an excuse when she is over 500 lbs? She needs heavy counseling and an intervention from her family and friends.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, puppytoes said:

What really is Whitney's goal in life? 

To school all of us in the idea that fat people are healthy.  Not just fat people but morbidly obese fat people are healthy and can do the same things "skinny bitches" can do - like ski, like ballroom dance, like bike, like make health DVD's on dancing, like dancing. like dancing in a parade, like floating in a hot tub, like losing 100 lbs., like "swimming" or rather standing in water  and like being a faux intern (at 32 years of age) at a morning show.  But most importantly, Vitney's goal in life is to let all of us know that morbidly obese, death teetering individuals can have sexual relationships, even if they are manufactured by the powers-that-be from TLC.

Yup.  Those are her goals in life.

The intervention was the funeral. We all know how that went over like a lead balloon.

The closest I've seen to her friends saying something to her directly was Todd telling her she should lift her legs more when she made him take off her shoes at the dancing lesson. She did not like that one bit.

I think Tal calls her out on her bullshit next week. 

The rationale she gave to Will about eating that giant cookie were beyond mind boggling. On what planet is eating a giant chocolate chip cookie a wise food choice????

• Love 8

I'm so confused

TLC is trying to warn me of the dangers of weighing 600 lbs - or even a mere 490 as in Penny Seager's case - but 400 lbs is healthy and fabulous and you can do everything you want!  It's not a slippery slope or anything... one day you're fabulous, then you gain that one critical pound that pushes you over the edge and next thing you know you're bed-bound deep-frying wontons while other people clean up after your solid wastes.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I'm so confused

TLC is trying to warn me of the dangers of weighing 600 lbs - or even a mere 490 as in Penny Seager's case - but 400 lbs is healthy and fabulous and you can do everything you want!  It's not a slippery slope or anything... one day you're fabulous, then you gain that one critical pound that pushes you over the edge and next thing you know you're bed-bound deep-frying wontons while other people clean up after your solid wastes.

OMG my eyes! I'm never ordering Chinese again

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Bubbles1967 said:

OMG my eyes! I'm never ordering Chinese again

Me either !!!     Between Brooklynista and the sex chair and now Toaster bringing up Penny with her Wok while you shit, its been a really rough day. :)

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I thought Will was way too harsh on Whitney.  She didn't make the best choice, but there were so many worse choices she passed up.  For example, instead of eating one cookie, she could have eaten 10.  But, she didn't!  And instead of eating those 10 cookies plain, she could have dipped them in ranch dressing.  But, she didn't!  And she chose to sit in the car and eat, which requires using her back and thigh muscles.  She could have opted to eat while collapsed in a limp puddle on the ground, but she chose to sit up!  And she used her jaw muscles to chew the cookie.  She could have easily liquified the 10 cookies (with the ranch dressing) and had them fed to her through a tube.  But, she said "NO!"  She said, "I'm not eating 10 cookies.  I'm not dipping them in ranch dressing.  I'm not going to eat them while collapsed in a limp puddle on the floor, and I'm not going to liquify them and have them fed to me through a tube.  Enough is enough!"

But does Will give her any credit for her choices?  Nope.  No wonder she cried.  Anyone who had done the hard work of sitting up while eating only one non-liquified cookie without ranch dressing would cry too.

Best post ever!!!!

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I thought Will was way too harsh on Whitney.  She didn't make the best choice, but there were so many worse choices she passed up.  For example, instead of eating one cookie, she could have eaten 10.  But, she didn't!  And instead of eating those 10 cookies plain, she could have dipped them in ranch dressing.  But, she didn't!  And she chose to sit in the car and eat, which requires using her back and thigh muscles.  She could have opted to eat while collapsed in a limp puddle on the ground, but she chose to sit up!  And she used her jaw muscles to chew the cookie.  She could have easily liquified the 10 cookies (with the ranch dressing) and had them fed to her through a tube.  But, she said "NO!"  She said, "I'm not eating 10 cookies.  I'm not dipping them in ranch dressing.  I'm not going to eat them while collapsed in a limp puddle on the floor, and I'm not going to liquify them and have them fed to me through a tube.  Enough is enough!"

But does Will give her any credit for her choices?  Nope.  No wonder she cried.  Anyone who had done the hard work of sitting up while eating only one non-liquified cookie without ranch dressing would cry too.

You know how you think of your best comebacks an hour after the argument? This reads like Whitney in the drive thru line at Bob's Big Boy like "shit! I should have said that!"

• Love 9

Oof. Watching this episode was rough. I couldn't make it through the scenes with Roy or that disaster of an exercise video. I got overwhelmed with secondhand embarrassment and had to walk away. 

The rest just pissed me off. The audacity of her talking about being a "grown woman". Who asked who for help again? The level of ungratefulness is horrifying. Will is saint. I would've have been done with her weeks ago. Lol sorry I'm still over here seething about her saying that. Who let this woman-child out in public. She's already echoing the words of that woman in 600 lb. life who was still rocking the scooter at the end of the episode like- I am making progress!

I totally agree with the message of No BS, but Whitney is trying to use it for things that don't apply... like her trainer being disappointed she's got a cookie the size of her head in her car. And the car! Nasty. At the risk of sounding like my mother- have some pride in yourself! Smh rolling around in a garbage dumpster all day. And you know, especially in that heat, the smell is horrendous.

Thank goodness for Todd, dropping some truths this episode. I could not even when she got snitty because "if he really cared about our progress he would just help me". He didn't want to do this in the first place. Also, you can't put on your own shoes. Todd is not the problem.

The next time she cries and makes excuses I really just need someone to be like "Whitney, shut up" and then roll their eyes. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I thought Will was way too harsh on Whitney...Anyone who had done the hard work of sitting up while eating only one non-liquified cookie without ranch dressing would cry too.

I always *say* LOL, but I was actually literally sitting here laughing out loud through this entire post. I wish I could pin it to my Pinterest humor board and reread it on the reg. 

24 minutes ago, Cinnamini11 said:

I got overwhelmed with secondhand embarrassment.

So much of this show has me feeling this! This episode it was when she went into the on-air part of the radio station and was pulling cute-girl moves with not just Roy but the other male host too. You know what I'm talking about: the flirtatiously challenging questions, the head tilts, the prodding for strokes. I wanted to shout through the television, 'Girl, you're not that girl--You cannot pull that off.' It was so thirsty that I had to get up and refresh my drink. So...it's basically Vitney's fault that I drank last night, right? 

• Love 16
(edited)

Just watched this, and hope I remember what I want to say.
I spent all week wondering who the hell Allister was, after reading U-verse guide on "Glenn wants to get rid of Allister."
Is ths video that much better that the one she originally posted to you tube?  Is there a need for another one?
Caitie is naive if she hasn't picked up on the Whit hate.
I can't remember who Tal is; didn't know the name until someone mentioned it.
It's possible to call animal control if Allister needs saving.  People watching Hoarders did this, and the woman had to face charges.
I think you all may have misunderstood about the healthy bars from Will.  She said she ate them, and I just figured they had run out by the time she got out of the parking lot, hence the fast food.
I think there's enough money in family, that she doesn't need to work.  If she wanted a real career, surely she'd have started sooner. 
Even Whit must realize her "dance career" is a joke, and if she doesn't, I think Glenn and Babs must.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 4
On 7/28/2016 at 2:07 PM, Natalie68 said:

What is it with TLC and their shows fulla grimy/smelly/greasy looking folks?  The Duggars and now this show.  Neither shows stars even seem like they TRY to be not smelly.  

What do the Duggars do thst is smelly??

• Love 1
5 hours ago, John M said:

...I've said it before and I will say it again and again, this is gross, shame on you TLC, this is a real human being, at this point the entire premise of the show is beyond fucked up.

So much this, John M.  I am worried about Whitney, and after this episode I am even more concerned.

I think that the producers of all "reality" shows manipulate that reality with no regard for the well-being of the actual subjects of the show.  Whitney is obviously a deeply flawed individual (as are we all) and she has a food addiction which she still can't acknowledge.  The producers appear to have a master script from which they're working though, with a clearly defined arc.  I don't believe that we are seeing a true slice of Whitney's life, I think we're seeing augmented reality.  Season one, Whitney's joyful and fun side is emphasized.  Uh oh, Season Two... she gets a hint of how being fat can threaten her health.  Season Three, her physical limitations and emotional fragility are highlighted.  I worry that now we are going to go into a phase where she loses her friends, one by one.  It is like we are watching the deconstruction of a human being and I don't want to see that, for her or anyone.

I like Whitney and want her to succeed.  I want her to recognize that she has an addiction and get help.  Whenever I am frustrated with the same personality traits that you all have mentioned I think of the pure joy I see on her face when she is dancing and her lovely funny family, and I know that she has a good heart.  I'd hate to have that production crew following me around all day and choosing and filming my worst moments and broadcasting them as if that's really all I was.  No amount of money would make me submit to that personally.  We are seeing a highly manipulated plot line on this show, not a true and unbiased picture of a real person's life.  I don't know where it goes from here but hope she comes out of it whole and strong.

Just my opinion.

• Love 11

Checked out Twit's Facebook page this morning---(couldn't stand reading for more than a few minutes) I did see a couple of sentences that  STILL have me seeing red...

"Thin people benefit from the privilege of having those bodies..." and "I highlight my own struggle in a world where thin people have had and always will have the power".

Yeah, Twit, thin people can't be thin because they work really hard at it by exercising and eating right (by not shoveling cupcakes or having someone else put their shoes on, among other things). They may also be thin because of a medical diagnosis or eating disorder...

She does nothing but piss me off anymore....

• Love 20

Whitney is a mess, but I don't blame TLC for that. The obvious weight gain and loss of ability to function from Season 1 to this latest episode? That's down to Whit. I doubt that TLC held her down and force fed her. 

Whitney is being Whitney, and TLC is making money from featuring her on this TV series. People will watch her craziness and if she actually physically crashes and burns? The ratings will be sky high.

I would mention the ethical issue of TLC continuing this show which features an addict indulging in her addictions, and lying and denying, while her physical functioning and health are going to hell, without at some point saying, "No more. We won't continue the show unless you change your behaviors and get serious about addressing your obvious health issues. Like, right now."

Yes I would mention that. But, "ethical issues" and "TLC" don't seem to belong in the same sentence.

• Love 9

I think that, first of all, we need to stop thinking it's just a matter of, "Whitney could get a salad at McDonald's just as easily as she could get fries and a Big Mac!" or "doesn't she know how much she is hurting her parents by jeopardizing her health by staying morbidly obese?"  She is not in a position to accept logic and take responsibility; comments like those above are as effective as watching Intervention and saying "why don't they just stop; they know drugs will kill them!" or "why don't their parents stop giving them money when they will just buy drugs with it?"  Whitney, along with her family and friends, are locked into destructive behavior and they mask it with thinking they are doing right by each other.  Whitney feels that by demonstrating her "body acceptance" that she is a mentor and role-model for all fat people; her parents are killing her with their love because they worry and (of course) don't want to see her unhappy or suffer her abuse.  And, although she is childish, she *is* an adult so they are very limited in what they can do to try and get her to change.  Glenn's rebuffed attempts at bringing healthy foods are a prime example of how he really wants to help, but the reactions he gets (and his subsequent sadness- which is heartbreaking to me) show he is really very powerless to make a difference. 

The saddest thing of all is that TLC has chosen to pivot the focus of this show from "being fat doesn't mean you can't live a fulfilling life" to "let's watch a fat girl realize she's in trouble and highlight all of her flaws."  Her entire entourage has bought into the plot lines and sold their souls for a paycheck. Unfortunately, many reality TV "stars" end up in this situation- rather than providing insight and showing that people can overcome their struggles, their shows make them into stereotypical caricatures of people who aren't perfect.

To look at the YouTube video that started all of this- Whitney dancing as a fat girl who is enjoying herself- shows how far off the rails she has come.  I don't doubt that there is potential to live a fulfilling life, even if you are fat/disabled/disadvantaged; I think she has let the whole concept become an excuse to neglect herself and use victimization as the excuse for it all.

It's hard to build a show on a character who doesn't work (most likely because TLC is paying her) and who gets out of breath crossing a street without making it about her obesity.  It IS about her obesity.

• Love 17

She is all about the money. I said this back at the beginning of this thread.  Sometimes I still feel a bit bad for her but then I quickly get over it. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, John M said:

I fully support the idea of not shaming people's bodies, we absolutely do have a body image stereotype completely divorced from modern science of a "healthy" weight that is toxic but Whit has eaten herself into disability and getting fatter by the day, it's like saying we shouldn't shame people with acne that have full health coverage for not going to the dermatologist because people with bad psoriasis have bad skin too. Actually it's worse than that, it's like saying people with horrible meth addiction shouldn't be shamed for their bad skin because people have bad psoriasis.

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding your analogy, but we shouldn't shame people with acne and full health coverage for not going to a dermatologist? I mean why would someone do that? (It also implies that going to a dermatologist for help would "cure" their acne and it doesn't necessarily work like that). Also, maybe I'm the outlier here but I still don't think anyone should be "shaming" Whitney for her body? Call out her excuses, point out the deterioration of her ability to function on her own, stop enabling her, sure. But "shaming" i.e. trying to humiliate her because of how her body looks isn't something I agree with.

Also, obviously in this case we are seeing a lot of Whitney's life, but in general you shouldn't shame people for any of their physicality (weight, skin, height etc) because you aren't privy to any of the background information (or as a stranger it's just not your business).  

• Love 15

I read the statements about skin condition hypotheticals, as meaning "criticize" instead of "shame." 

There is a difference between thoughtful informed criticism and shaming. Of course, Whitney equates any comments about her that aren't fawningly positive, as "shaming," regardless of their tone or merit.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Cinnamini11 said:

But "shaming" i.e. trying to humiliate her because of how her body looks isn't something I agree with.

Totally agree with this, however Whitney is constantly shaming others regarding their bodies.   Buddy and his bathing suit, the skinny bitch comic.   ALso, while I agree with the message, I do not endorse it when it is used as an excuse for one's behavior and consequences of being obese. As the comic said, she does not buy the message coming from Whitney and neither do I.

You also have to consider that with this specific message, it is dangerously teetering on  endorsing obesity which we all know is unhealthy.  There is no getting around that.  No doctor is going to tell his patient its ok to be overweight.

The message should be I love myself and will live my life and strive to work hard to be as healthy as I can which means losing weight.

Last but not least, Whitney should not be the messenger.  Her words, actions and habits are more in line with the poster girl for how to die an early death.

• Love 11
(edited)

Maybe the wording of the "skin condition" hypotheticals wasn't perfect, but the point was a valid one: Whitney likes to deflect concerns about her weight affecting her health by pointing out that thin people can also have the same health conditions. Skinny people get diabetes! Skinny people have high cholesterol! Skinny people can suffer from hair loss or shortness of breath or high blood pressure.! Therefore, anyone suggesting that Whitney should lose weight to improve her health is fat-shaming her.

Which, of course, is utterly illogical. Just because a thin person can have high cholesterol, doesn't mean that losing weight won't improve a fat  person's blood profile, Whitney! 

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 9
(edited)

In some ways, Will's decision to "fire" Whitney as a client was a compassionate act. Because Whitney is unable to comply with Will's regimen at this time, the diet and exercise requirements created additional stress for her without any positive results.

Maybe a residential treatment program is the best solution for her.

Edited by grayson
  • Love 11

One of many things I don't understand about Whitney is why she isn't completely humiliated by this show. If I lived the way she does -- being filmed stuffing cake into my mouth as fast as could, leaving smelly garbage all over my car, having my mother shave my legs and my friends put my shoes on my feet, being caught by my trainer with a half-eaten giant cookie, and so on -- I don't think I would want to show my face in public. I would be up all night, every night, squirming with embarrassment. But she seems proud of all of it, and clearly expects the audience to find her fascinating and even charming. I guess that's narcissism?  I don't know.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, momofsquid said:

One of many things I don't understand about Whitney is why she isn't completely humiliated by this show. If I lived the way she does -- being filmed stuffing cake into my mouth as fast as could, leaving smelly garbage all over my car, having my mother shave my legs and my friends put my shoes on my feet, being caught by my trainer with a half-eaten giant cookie, and so on -- I don't think I would want to show my face in public. I would be up all night, every night, squirming with embarrassment. But she seems proud of all of it, and clearly expects the audience to find her fascinating and even charming. I guess that's narcissism?  I don't know.

Perhaps My 600 pound Life should add "Fabulous" to the title? There's no difference between the assistance Whitney needs to live her lifestyle than a Penny or Marla. All this time theyve   needed help from family thinking they were struggling when in fact things were going fabulously. Need help grooming yourself? Fabulous.  Need help getting dressed? Fab! Gaining weight employing the help of a trainer? Totally fab!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, John M said:

Whit should feel shame for buying that giant cookie and filling her car with coffee flavored sugar water, a normal person feels shame quite frequently, I feel shame for not holding the elevator for my neighbor the other day, I feel shame for not taking my dogs on a long walk yesterday because I really wanted to go to happy hour, I feel shame that I drank way too much at happy hour, shame is part of the human condition, we all make mistakes and we are supposed to feel bad about them, that is how we improve.

I don't think the word "shame" is appropriate in your examples.  I think "guilt" is more adequate.

• Love 9
(edited)
8 hours ago, TotoGirl said:

"Thin people benefit from the privilege of having those bodies..." and "I highlight my own struggle in a world where thin people have had and always will have the power".

Okay Vitney - so skinny people have privileges....let's take a look at all the 'privileges' PsychoKlown has on an average day.

She wakes up at 5:30 am (yes, am) so she can walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes to get in at least 7k steps.  Showers, eats a quick breakfast (at the table, with silverware and napkins).

Leaves work between 7/7:30am and sits in Boston traffic for sometimes close to two hours just to reach the office complex (yeah, right,  two moldy, musty houses that should be condemned by the city of Boston) where she counsels people who have real problems, abuse, addiction, etc.  People who want me to help them.  People who do not justify their behaviors on others.  Real people, real people who do not get a paycheck from TLC.  Real people who don't have parents footing their bills.  Again, real people.  Then there are those who are mentally ill and threaten bodily harm to themselves and to anyone in the office.  No security for us - nope.  We're on our own.  TLC isn't footing the bill.  We need to protect ourselves as well as our patients who might harm themselves.  Selflessly.

I eat a lunch appropriate for a human.   I then walk around Boston Common for 30 minutes to get in at least 4k more steps and clear my mind. 

Back to work, more counseling and dealing with co-workers who chap my fanny more than your privileged bountiful ass could ever imagine.  No one sees me as a special snowflake, privileged cupcake or unique flower.  No. One. Ever.  The saying "dog eat dog" was created in my office.

Back in my two-door jeep for the ride home (no fancy SUV, no sports car or even a dream of owning one) that ranges between 45 minutes and 2.5 hours.  Depending on traffic.   And speaking of traffic, while I'm sitting there for hours upon hours I sometimes cry, scream or beat my fists on the steering wheel because I am so frustrated with the abuse people inflict on children.   There is no one to vent to -because of confidentiality.  So you see, when you bitch about how someone mistreated you or looked at you sideways because of your size, I think of how much I'd like to vent about the horrors and abuse I hear about every day.  So I apologize that I can't shed a tear for you - I have other things on my plate that have nothing to do with cookies, frootloops or gobs of cake.

No camera crews to follow me on my travels and no desire to stop at a Starbucks for a frappacino and a cookie the size of a manhole cover.

Finally home, walk dog, another 3k steps, cook a simple dinner for Mr. Psycho and myself.   Clean up (because I don't have a best friend/former boyfriend living with us who wipes up after me) and then I knit, read or watch TV.

Yes.  Being skinny sure does have its privileges.  Damn if I know what they are but if anyone knows, would you please PM me and let me know. 

In the meantime I need to do wash and clean my house because my paycheck from being a counselor doesn't cover outside help or extras that fall into the category of luxury.  Oh and by the way, my true friends can't help out because they too are busy with all the advantages of being skinny.

Give me a f'ing break Vitney.  You stupid cow.

Edited by PsychoKlown
Because I am steaming and need to vent more.

I have trouble knowing which guy is Tal and which is Todd but I'm glad they are both evidently calling out Whitney on her crap.  I can't wait to hear more of that next week.  

I would love to see Whitney go to an inpatient facility and really seek some serious medical and psychological help in a controlled environment.  I also feel she would be a good candidate for weight loss surgery, however first she somehow would need to move to a place of mental readiness which may never come.  It could save her life if she did it, though.  

I feel for that pig who doesn't belong in that kind of home setting.  People are so selfish with adopting animals that they shouldn't have as pets.  Sheesh.  Poor Allistair!

Whitney is delusional with the "Roy has a crush on me" business.  Puh-leeze, girl, just because someone is friendly doesn't mean they have a crush.  Whitney is the one who has the crush on Roy, not vice versa.  

I can't get over the fifth in her car.  Who leaves garbage like that in their car?!?!?!  That is beyond the pale.

I love Will and am glad he gave her a dose of honesty.  

The dance DVD thing was ridiculous.  The ballroom dancing thing is ridiculous.  Her not being able to put on and off her own shoes is really disturbing.  I think the ballroom teacher was looking at her like "WTF."

What is going to happen with Mr Wonderful, AKA Lennie?  Looks like they are breaking up.  Thank the Lord!

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, RabbiBeth said:

What is going to happen with Mr Wonderful, AKA Lennie?  Looks like they are breaking up.  Thank the Lord!

Weren't we introduced to Lenny at the end of last season?  My guess is that his TLC contract is up and he didn't work out so great as the boyfriend.  Whitney will have to go out on another date, and maybe she will come up with a more TV friendly "boyfriend."

• Love 5
5 hours ago, momofsquid said:

I suppose to her all the humiliation in the world is worth it as long as she gets the TLC checks that make it possible for her to buy that house and only basically work 1 hr. a week interning at the radio station and 1 hr. a week giving her "dance" class. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Okay Vitney - so skinny people have privileges....let's take a look at all the 'privileges' PsychoKlown has on an average day.

She wakes up at 5:30 am (yes, am) so she can walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes to get in at least 7k steps.  Showers, eats a quick breakfast (at the table, with silverware and napkins).

Leaves work between 7/7:30am and sits in Boston traffic for sometimes close to two hours just to reach the office complex (yeah, right,  two moldy, musty houses that should be condemned by the city of Boston) where she counsels people who have real problems, abuse, addiction, etc.  People who want me to help them.  People who do not justify their behaviors on others.  Real people, real people who do not get a paycheck from TLC.  Real people who don't have parents footing their bills.  Again, real people.  Then there are those who are mentally ill and threaten bodily harm to themselves and to anyone in the office.  No security for us - nope.  We're on our own.  TLC isn't footing the bill.  We need to protect ourselves as well as our patients who might harm themselves.  Selflessly.

I eat a lunch appropriate for a human.   I then walk around Boston Common for 30 minutes to get in at least 4k more steps and clear my mind. 

Back to work, more counseling and dealing with co-workers who chap my fanny more than your privileged bountiful ass could ever imagine.  No one sees me as a special snowflake, privileged cupcake or unique flower.  No. One. Ever.  The saying "dog eat dog" was created in my office.

Back in my two-door jeep for the ride home (no fancy SUV, no sports car or even a dream of owning one) that ranges between 45 minutes and 2.5 hours.  Depending on traffic.   And speaking of traffic, while I'm sitting there for hours upon hours I sometimes cry, scream or beat my fists on the steering wheel because I am so frustrated with the abuse people inflict on children.   There is no one to vent to -because of confidentiality.  So you see, when you bitch about how someone mistreated you or looked at you sideways because of your size, I think of how much I'd like to vent about the horrors and abuse I hear about every day.  So I apologize that I can't shed a tear for you - I have other things on my plate that have nothing to do with cookies, frootloops or gobs of cake.

No camera crews to follow me on my travels and no desire to stop at a Starbucks for a frappacino and a cookie the size of a manhole cover.

Finally home, walk dog, another 3k steps, cook a simple dinner for Mr. Psycho and myself.   Clean up (because I don't have a best friend/former boyfriend living with us who wipes up after me) and then I knit, read or watch TV.

Yes.  Being skinny sure does have its privileges.  Damn if I know what they are but if anyone knows, would you please PM me and let me know. 

In the meantime I need to do wash and clean my house because my paycheck from being a counselor doesn't cover outside help or extras that fall into the category of luxury.  Oh and by the way, my true friends can't help out because they too are busy with all the advantages of being skinny.

I hate to add to your busy privileged life, PsychoKlown, ,  but could you put this on her Facebook page?  

I know it might get deleted. .but if you put it on later at night,  it might stay there until noon the next day when Whit rolls out of bed.  

Her post abt skinny  privilege makes me really mad.  Her rationale for everything she does is so illogical, as a poster mentioned above.  I can't.  I just can't fathom living her way and being proud of it. NO BS. 

• Love 12
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I hate to add to your busy privileged life, PsychoKlown, ,  but could you put this on her Facebook page?  

I know it might get deleted. .but if you put it on later at night,  it might stay there until noon the next day when Whit rolls out of bed.  

Her post abt skinny  privilege makes me really mad.  Her rationale for everything she does is so illogical, as a poster mentioned above.  I can't.  I just can't fathom living her way and being proud of it. NO BS. 

I second this @PsychoKlown. And when it's deleted, do it again the next night. Blocked? No problem. Use your friend's account to post. She and her fans need to see it.

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, RabbiBeth said:

I think I hear an "amen" from Lennie on this.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Okay Vitney - so skinny people have privileges....

Pah-REACH. This is where the 'Fat-Acceptance Movement' loses me: when it starts to co-opt language and action from ACTUAL civil rights causes. A minority of fat people are fat because of issues beyond their control. Otherwise, being fat is a lifestyle choice. I'm not saying it's easy to lose weight, but in all but the rarest situations, it's possible, in a way that it's NOT possible to be a different race, physical ability, or sexual orientation. So when you start to present obesity as a disability, entitling you to legal protections, disabled parking, and access to charging others with privilege, then you're out-of-control entitled and you need to CHECK YOSELF. Check yourself, Vitney; you're a comfortable white woman living in America, with access to enough food that you can choose to eat yourself to death. You want to talk privilege? Mmkay, let's talk privilege. 

• Love 18
(edited)
On Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 7:29 PM, lovetheduns said:

I just don't see Dancing when Twit "dances".  It's LOTS of arm twirling and legs moving side to side- it's a big girl kinda sorta exercising.  She's delusional with this " dance career" crap.  Babs & Glen you have failed your special snowflake by feeding into her b^llshit.

Someone needs to show Whitney this video that shows a big girl who really can dance.  Not the arm Olympics Whitney calls dancing.

SvL16D.gif

Edited by swankie
  • Love 12
On 7/29/2016 at 6:04 PM, puppytoes said:

What really is Whitney's goal in life?  

To justify her food addiction by showing that she can be fabulous and a food addict at the same time. And if she's got a TV show and is paid money to be both fabulous and a food addict, she must really and truly be fabulous and not an addict at all. 

I'd like to think that TLC is doing an end-run around all this by very quietly showing us how Not Fabulous her life really is. TLC gets a lot of criticism for putting on the "freak shows," but in virtually every case they've done a very good job of exposing what really goes on in these people's lives (I'm looking at you, Duggars and Sister Wives) and giving them plenty of rope with which to hang themselves - but before it's too late for some kind of help. 

It may be just me, but I have to say: Well played, TLC. Well played.

• Love 11

She said she ate them, and I just figured they had run out by the time she got out of the parking lot, hence the fast food.

I had really really expected Will to say "but it was a 30 day supply" in response to Whit and I was really shocked when he didn't.  I don't see anyway Whit could be satisfied with 1 bar as a meal.

• Love 2