Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Fat Jokes

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, lallalla said:

Yes, they got a 5-tiered cake with white frosting/fondant.  Enough for the entire 50 people that attended, plus Twit & her leftovers. 

But Twit doesn't even like cake! bahahahahahahaha

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, operalover said:

Clarewalks: why do you think it was a mistake for Will to ask Vit to send a photo 3 times a day of her food? I understand a food journal is a better tool for someone who is serious about losing weight/eating healthy, but I thought this was a good idea. I think it is a good idea because it only takes 2 seconds and if you eat something healthy 3 times a day it shows you are on the right track. I think he essentially wanted an idea of how she was working on her food intake and making better choices. Even if one of the meals was not completely healthy, she could have shown through these phone photos how she substituted something for something worse, or how she added green vegetables- you know it would have shown if she was making an attempt! But the fact that she didn't send him anything means that not even ONCE a day did she eat anything healthy or worth taking a photo of. 

She seems to regard this requirement as giving Will a way to control her or something. To me, it seems like a great tool, if done honestly. It not only would advise Will about her reality, but I would hope Whitney would learn healthier habits as she considered how Will might judge each photo, then made adjustments to her meals.  But of course she is full of excuses instead. 

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, operalover said:

Clarewalks: why do you think it was a mistake for Will to ask Vit to send a photo 3 times a day of her food? I understand a food journal is a better tool for someone who is serious about losing weight/eating healthy, but I thought this was a good idea. I think it is a good idea because it only takes 2 seconds and if you eat something healthy 3 times a day it shows you are on the right track. I think he essentially wanted an idea of how she was working on her food intake and making better choices. Even if one of the meals was not completely healthy, she could have shown through these phone photos how she substituted something for something worse, or how she added green vegetables- you know it would have shown if she was making an attempt! But the fact that she didn't send him anything means that not even ONCE a day did she eat anything healthy or worth taking a photo of. 

A couple other people answered before I did but I thought he should have had her document (in some way, pics or otherwise) EVERYTHING she eats. Three times a day is not enough for her, and most people eat snacks or drink caloric beverages. Also 1) she could take a pic of a meal and not eat it, or eat more than that; or 2) she could get a random pic off the internet of anything she wants and claim she ate it.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

A couple other people answered before I did but I thought he should have had her document (in some way, pics or otherwise) EVERYTHING she eats. Three times a day is not enough for her, and most people eat snacks or drink caloric beverages. Also 1) she could take a pic of a meal and not eat it, or eat more than that; or 2) she could get a random pic off the internet of anything she wants and claim she ate it.

I did find it odd that the only pics she sent were healthy food plates.  I can understand being embarrased by what you eat.  Will would probably have a stroke if he saw what I snack on but if trust him not to be too judge-y, preachy and really try to show you alternative meals then yeah it's a good tool. 

Plus I've always heard it to be that it's not that you can NEVER have a yummy snack every now and then it's just meal after meal after meal of high calorie/fat stuff is what's killing you. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Dirtybubble said:

I did find it odd that the only pics she sent were healthy food plates.  I can understand being embarrased by what you eat.  Will would probably have a stroke if he saw what I snack on but if trust him not to be too judge-y, preachy and really try to show you alternative meals then yeah it's a good tool. 

Plus I've always heard it to be that it's not that you can NEVER have a yummy snack every now and then it's just meal after meal after meal of high calorie/fat stuff is what's killing you. 

Exactly, it is a great tool if used properly, but Whitney taking pics of three meals in one week is just not helping at all. And yes, snacks are fabulous and treats like cupcakes can be just fine, but I would look askance at any client who ate THAT many cupcakes at once, unless they had literally run a marathon that day :-P

• Love 6
(edited)

I ran a 4 week bootcamp and with the help of a registered dietitian, we had the members food log. The members who resisted the most ( I had one lady just say flat out Im not doing it) saw less results. It really helps you have awareness to what you put in your mouth. Like do I reallly want to log this snickers when I already had a Twinkies today??? Whit doesn't want to change, period. 

The cake scene was crazy to watch!!!  She ( IMO)  100% has an eating disorder or food addiction, maybe both. People who are more than 200 lbs overweight have some sort of food addiction/ binge eating disorder Her eating has caused her body to become disabled- it affects her daily life in almost every way, and she is on a bad path. Shes kind of like an alcoholic who drinks with cirrhosis. Super unhealthy,very dangerous, but they can't stop.

I am glad Will is going to fire her. She needs a therapist. And a residential eating disorder facility. 

Also, The asshole in me is kind of looking forward to their probably disaster of a ballroom dance. I would be worried about her being able to dance for 3 minutes straight at this point. I'm going to hell.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Is this what you guys mean by "zoning out" while eating?

IpJLGkC.jpg

I did not see this on the show (that's what I get for listening and not looking). Thanks for this. Really. Thanks. Where is that bottle of eye bleach when you need it? 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I like Will as a trainer but he made a massive error by telling Whitney to text her pics of food "three times a day." I've had clients keep food diaries and I am extremely specific that if it goes into your mouth, liquid or solid, you write it down. Otherwise it is useless. The best clients take it seriously and write down every bite/sip. As a trainer, you won't nitpick someone's choices (unless they're doing a bodybuilding competition or something), you'll just get a general sense of how much they eat and when. TBH though I think Will is banging his head against a brick wall here. Whitney has not expressed much interest in losing weight so Will shouldn't expect her to be "trying" whatsoever. Most people hire trainers to accomplish goals but Whitney is just NOT that client. She just wants footage of herself working out so she can say "see, I'm so healthy" and then drink Frappuccinos and eat fifteen cupcakes.

IIRC Will was questioning Whitney about her eating habits in one of the earlier sessions, and she claimed to only eat one meal a day, if that. Will got that she was really saying she eats crap non-stop, but if she didn't sit down and have "a meal," she didn't believe she was over-eating. I think part of the "take a picture of your food three times a day" was to get her to eat three spaced meals. While I'm sure he wanted to check on what she was eating,  he was also trying to get her to change her eating habits for the better. Maybe not the best technique to use with someone as intractable and in denial as Whitney, but I doubt he ever believed what she was telling him in any event.

1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I can't wait to see what Whit wears in the ballroom dancing contest.  Don't the contestants really dress up?  Do they allow bare feet?

Professional couples dress in very elaborate costumes.The women competitors dancing the smooth dances, e.g.waltz, foxtrot, generally wear high-heeled, closed-toe pumps with suede soles. If they are dancing in the Latin ballroom division (e.g. cha cha, rhumba), the costumes tend to be pretty revealing, and the women wear open-toed sandals with 3-3 1/2" stiletto heels.  I'm sure she could wear flats if she wanted to, but it would really ruin the body line that is a big part of what ballroom dancers are judged on. She would not be allowed on the floor barefoot.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, CarolMK said:

In addition to probably having binge eating disorder, does anyone else think that maybe Whitney has some type of personality disorder? 

Without question.

2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I can't wait to see what Whit wears in the ballroom dancing contest.  Don't the contestants really dress up?  Do they allow bare feet?

I've got some make up that would look just dandy.  I'm wearing it in my forum picture. 

5 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

This is my problem with the entire anti bully campaign.  I feel like self entitled people like Whit are using the I've been bullied as an excuse for bad behavior.  I'm sure she probably was picked on in school (like 90% of the population) for one thing or another but to hide behind that and say well I do this that or the other because I'm a victim and I've been bullied just pisses me off!  It undermines the struggles people go thru who were actually brutally bullied to the point where they were scared to come to school.  Just bugs!!

I personally think Whitney is overplaying how bullied she was in high school. She was Prom Princess, which suggests she was relatively popular. Also, she was at most kinda chubby back then...there must have been way fatter girls in her school (though I understand some teenage girls think they're fat no matter how thin they really are). I just think Whitney takes one or two instances of something and uses that to generalize about what ALWAYS happens. She did this at the radio station when she told them that her boyfriend "has a history of disappearing" after he wasn't where she thought he would be ONE time.

She also overplays how antagonistic Will is to her. To me, he is one of the nicest, most practical trainers I've seen on tv (comparing him to Biggest Loser, and Extreme Weight Loss, and others like that). I think he has the right attitude of being respectful to her as a human being, but also holding her accountable to her stated goals since he's not her friend, he's her trainer.

Maybe I'm wrong to be questioning the depths of the torment she experienced when she was younger, but just from my personal experience, the people who still talk about those feelings a lot well into their adulthood usually are getting some benefit out of it. There's some benefit in having people think that you have fragile emotions from deep-seated psychological issues...like maybe people hold you to lower standards and applaud you for things that are pretty basic for other people.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Is this what you guys mean by "zoning out" while eating?

IpJLGkC.jpg

Oh, that last shot. This one, right here........................................................^^^^^^^^^

I have a problem seeing food rolling around in anyone's mouth, so it's not just Whitney.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Professional couples dress in very elaborate costumes.The women competitors dancing the smooth dances, e.g.waltz, foxtrot, generally wear high-heeled, closed-toe pumps with suede soles. If they are dancing in the Latin ballroom division (e.g. cha cha, rhumba), the costumes tend to be pretty revealing, and the women wear open-toed sandals with 3-3 1/2" stiletto heels.  I'm sure she could wear flats if she wanted to, but it would really ruin the body line that is a big part of what ballroom dancers are judged on. She would not be allowed on the floor barefoot.

This is a very good point. In my daughter's dance studio you had to wear special dance shoes to protect their floor. They have special dancing bottoms. The shoes weren't even allowed to be worn outside so everyone changed into dance shoes just outside the dance area. And I know they weren't allowed to be barefoot. Apparently it's dangerous -  I know this because after dropping her off and driving all the way home I got a frantic 'Mom I forgot my dance shoes' (that I reminded you not to forget 5 times. When I asked if she could just dance barefoot she was told no because the floor was too slippery not to have shoes. I wonder if she could even find dance shoes that come in a size she could wear? And all dance shoes have some heel. 

• Love 5
(edited)

When she comes home from the radio faux, all riled up about the skinny bitch and her fat shame, Buddy is loading the dishwasher.  Have we ever seen Twit load the dishwasher?  Clean cat crap off the sofa?  Sweep, mop, do laundry?  Make the rumpled-sheeted bed?  Carry in groceries?

Not saying fat people, (MY people,) are lazy.  Saying Twit is lazy.  Thus far in the series, I recall seeing her clean out her car, after Glenn nags her, swirling eggs in a bowl, burning something on the stove, and making a salad.  I might have forgotten something. 

Obesity doesn't cause laziness, per se, but it cannot be denied that, at 400 pounds, most tasks are more taxing.  Bathing, washing ones hair, dressing, caring for a pet, (Wandaleeza looks bad,) walking, EVERYTHING is more difficult.

Also not saying fat people are dirty.  Twit cannot get into and out of a bathtub, so greasy hair cannot mean she bathed instead of showering.  Why would she shower without washing her thinning hair? Clean hair has more volume, so that doesn't make sense, either.  Her greasy hair shows us that she has not bathed. 

We fat people are not all lazy and dirty, but that is the fabulous-ness that Twit is showing us.  She blames editing, on his fb page, for showing a bad side of Yukon, but cannot blame it for portraying her as lazy and dirty.  Maybe they edit out ALL the hours of you doing housework, but there is the cat shit, on the sofa, as you tell your friend he has the options of avoiding it or sitting in it.  They didn't sneak in a shot of you on a bad day, you regularly got to work with greasy hair, extensions showing, wearing no makeup.  I don't do that, and ain't no cameras on me.  (Teacher--summer break--relaxed grammar.)

The producers and crew must be fed the hell up with her--they ain't doing her any favors--and it is so fun to watch, then play with y'all later!

Edited by mamapajama
becauae typing is hard
  • Love 12

I just watched episode again cuz I missed a few things last nite.

I noticed Whit had on black leggings underneath the dress she wore at the dinner.  I'm really not knocking her for this,  it's her version of Spanx which was definitely needed under that very clingy dress.  But couldn't she have found something lighter in color than black - possibly nude, white or peach?  She could have also worn a Capri length style  & not the ankle length which peeked out from under her dress.(or even pull the ankle length up to her knees)  I noticed them when she was walking into the country club & also when they zeroed in on her bare feet when her & Lennie were dancing.  I guess she thought the leggings didn't show but they did.

I can't believe she thought she had to be front & center in the circle when they all were doing The Glen. It wasn't like they were all taking turns being the center. 

And that laugh of hers is getting on my last nerve....

• Love 11

I wonder what she and her friends/family talk about as they watch this show.  For example, I thought the difference between Whitney's "tasting" and her brother's was striking.  I wonder if she notices things like that.  Or if someone else does and tries to discuss it with her.  That would be an actual opening for a conversation, although it probably wouldn't go well :)  

I think her goals with Will were just to prove that she's fit enough to do his workouts, therefore super-healthy-you-all-just-shut-up.  She resents his interfering with her food, so falls back on the "I'm an adult and can take care of myself" mantra that addicts love.  That being said, she is an adult, and her loved ones probably want to have fun with her and not have every interaction end up in a fight.  So we see Glenn show up with tuna and containers, and when she pooh-poohs him he just leaves and let it go.  The brother points out that it IS Will's job to monitor her food and she pooh-pooh's him, so he lets it go.  The true "enabling", as I see it, is where people do things for her that they should not (Shave your own legs!  Order your own cheesesteak pizza!) and validate her faulty thinking (here's where the bro dropped the ball - saying that her "happiness" is more important.  He should have stuck with "Will's doing what you pay him to do.  It's a shame you can't see that and take advantage of the help he's offering."  And then let it drop.)

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, M.F. Luder said:

I personally think Whitney is overplaying how bullied she was in high school. She was Prom Princess, which suggests she was relatively popular. Also, she was at most kinda chubby back then...there must have been way fatter girls in her school (though I understand some teenage girls think they're fat no matter how thin they really are). I just think Whitney takes one or two instances of something and uses that to generalize about what ALWAYS happens. She did this at the radio station when she told them that her boyfriend "has a history of disappearing" after he wasn't where she thought he would be ONE time.

She also overplays how antagonistic Will is to her. To me, he is one of the nicest, most practical trainers I've seen on tv (comparing him to Biggest Loser, and Extreme Weight Loss, and others like that). I think he has the right attitude of being respectful to her as a human being, but also holding her accountable to her stated goals since he's not her friend, he's her trainer.

Maybe I'm wrong to be questioning the depths of the torment she experienced when she was younger, but just from my personal experience, the people who still talk about those feelings a lot well into their adulthood usually are getting some benefit out of it. There's some benefit in having people think that you have fragile emotions from deep-seated psychological issues...like maybe people hold you to lower standards and applaud you for things that are pretty basic for other people.

Oh, M.F. Luder, WORD to the above! 

Keeping a food diary, for yourself at least,  is one of the keys to weight loss, in credible research. I love Will. 

Eating all day,  instead of meals,  is called grazing and is super unhealthy cuz you tend to eat snacky food, vs. a square meal with protein, veg, and little carb and fat....AT A TABLE WITH SILVERWARE.  Also,  Buddy is an eating buddy, obviously.  I was a grazer and my ex was my  buddy,  so I can see the signs. 

I dated --very briefly -- a guy who did competitive ball room dancing and he said that it is super classy and strict on form and there is no fucking way that slobby  Whit will be able to manage the physical stance and stay on her poor feet that long.  

I thought I was fat at 110 lbs., and 5'2", when I was a teen, so I agree that teens think they're fat when it's just their body growing.  I agree that Whit has issues (narcissism) other than food addiction,  and  she was never taught that or could grok that not everybody likes her. So much healthy stuff that she could do with TLC $. What a waste.  

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Exactly, it is a great tool if used properly, but Whitney taking pics of three meals in one week is just not helping at all.

It was 3 pictures in one month. My jaw dropped. She's not even remotely trying.

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Oh, M.F. Luder, WORD to the above! 

Keeping a food diary, for yourself at least,  is one of the keys to weight loss, in credible research. I love Will. 

Eating all day,  instead of meals,  is called grazing and is super unhealthy cuz you tend to eat snacky food, vs. a square meal with protein, veg, and little carb and fat....AT A TABLE WITH SILVERWARE.  Also,  Buddy is an eating buddy, obviously.  I was a grazer and my ex was my  buddy,  so I can see the signs. 

I dated --very briefly -- a guy who did competitive ball room dancing and he said that it is super classy and strict on form and there is no fucking way that slobby  Whit will be able to manage the physical stance and stay on her poor feet that long.  

I thought I was fat at 110 lbs., and 5'2", when I was a teen, so I agree that teens think they're fat when it's just their body growing.  I agree that Whit has issues (narcissism) other than food addiction,  and  she was never taught that or could grok that not everybody likes her. So much healthy stuff that she could do with TLC $. What a waste.  

Teens are hypercritical of themselves. Whitney was not a fat teenager and yet she says she was bullied even though a poster upthread said she was actually a popular prom princess type. I forget exactly but anyway, if your classmates vote for you for something like that and you still say you were "bullied", you're casting some serious doubt on the claim that you're bullied now. I don't think anybody got through high school unscathed. Doesn't mean we were all bullied per se. What can we believe with Vitney? I'm not sure if anything she says is true.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

and  she was never taught that or could grok that not everybody likes her. So much healthy stuff that she could do with TLC $. What a waste.  

When I went on WW and started tracking my food, I was surprised at how many points some of my food was - and I'm a dieter/diabetic/vegan/vegetarian from way back and thought I knew calorie counts, etc. It makes such a difference to see the numbers in front of you.

"grok" - dating ourselves a little are we? : )

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, PityFree said:

I'm not Clarewalks, but *I* think it was a mistake for Will to ask Vit to send a photo 3 times a day of her food because he should have said "send me a photo of everything you consume all day including beverages." Whitney is going to stick to the letter of the law and only send 3 pics she thinks make her look like she is making good food choices. She will NOT include pictures of the cake tasting cakes, the whipped cream topped coffees, the stress snacks, the meals eaten in her car, things eaten out of the container while standing in her kitchen, etc.  

And she can't even send 3 a day. Instead, she sent him 3 in a month.

Also, The asshole in me is kind of looking forward to their probably disaster of a ballroom dance. I would be worried about her being able to dance for 3 minutes straight at this point. I'm going to hell.

Which is why she could never do Dancing with the Stars.

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 3

I don't remember ever seeing Whitney smoking, so I was surprised when Will asked her if she was still a smoker.   It explains why she didn't call Kerryn a hypocrite for saying how unhealthy it was being over weight, while holding a lighted cigarette. 

• Love 8

Slightly OT but I thought you guys would be interested...Whitney posted on FB that trainer Will just won his age group in the Crossfit Games, and he is in the 55-59 age group. Holy SHIT, he looks amazing. I would have guessed he was about 40. Whitney should really be listening to this guy, since he clearly is immortal.

• Love 18

Well I'm going to be the lone voice of dissent, I couldn't stand the comedienne, thought she was a raging bitch, and thought she had some nerve shaming fat people with that face, that skin, and that cig habit. 
It's not even about Whitney, it's about the fact that she went in on fat people before Whitney even entered the picture. There is a fat radio host sitting right there in her face and she still proceeded with her Fat Shaming agenda. I don't care that she's getting dragged by Whitney's minions, maybe she'll not make a career on concern trolling fat people and thinking she's superior for being thin. I'm sure TLC paid her well for all of her troubles and god knows there's an entire subset of the internet who are somewhere caping for her and crowning her as their new Fat Logic Queen. Dust. 

And I feel like all of this was a major distraction from Vhitney's obvious downward spiral, from the weight gain to inhaling thousands of cake calories in mere minutes to her repeated inappropriate behavior at her fake ass job. Her life really and truly sucks, and she's responsible for 99.5% of it. 

The cake bit annoyed me, but for some reason, it didn't surprise me, because cake. I think what just really made me think that she is going to be a lost cause forever was inhaling the food at the dinner party, exclaiming how the mashed potatoes were soooo good, and how Will wouldn't approve--almost crowing and reveling in the fact that she's being obnoxious and willfully defiant in her weight loss efforts, knowing that this must be killing her parents to see her doing this to herself, and not even caring. Like damn, it's THEIR birthday celebration and everyone at the table has to sit around and listen to this selfish cow go on and on about a diet and fitness plan that she's not even following. Vhitney, if you're going to blow your diet, you blow it on keylime cake and buttercream frosting, not on gluey mashed potatoes and whatever unhealthy, generic shit that was on that plate. 

She tried to justify it by saying how it was a special occasion, but it's not special if you're eating like that EVERY SINGLE MEAL. 

• Love 21
22 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Slightly OT but I thought you guys would be interested...Whitney posted on FB that trainer Will just won his age group in the Crossfit Games, and he is in the 55-59 age group. Holy SHIT, he looks amazing. I would have guessed he was about 40. Whitney should really be listening to this guy, since he clearly is immortal.

Will has won competitions from and been a rep for Reebok..WORLD level.

She is LUCKY to have him as a trainer, regardless of who's paying, he seems like a phenomenal man who cares about his clients and takes his job as a profession and lifestyle.

• Love 11
(edited)
33 minutes ago, lallalla said:

Will has won competitions from and been a rep for Reebok..WORLD level.

She is LUCKY to have him as a trainer, regardless of who's paying, he seems like a phenomenal man who cares about his clients and takes his job as a profession and lifestyle.

I hope Will quitting Whitney next week is real and not just editing fakery. He shouldn't mess up his brand for her BullShit.  I wouldn't want other potential clients thinking Will wasn't serious about getting clients in shape.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, CocoaGoddess said:

Well I'm going to be the lone voice of dissent, I couldn't stand the comedienne, thought she was a raging bitch, and thought she had some nerve shaming fat people with that face, that skin, and that cig habit. 
It's not even about Whitney, it's about the fact that she went in on fat people before Whitney even entered the picture. There is a fat radio host sitting right there in her face and she still proceeded with her Fat Shaming agenda. I don't care that she's getting dragged by Whitney's minions, maybe she'll not make a career on concern trolling fat people and thinking she's superior for being thin. I'm sure TLC paid her well for all of her troubles and god knows there's an entire subset of the internet who are somewhere caping for her and crowning her as their new Fat Logic Queen. Dust. 

And I feel like all of this was a major distraction from Vhitney's obvious downward spiral, from the weight gain to inhaling thousands of cake calories in mere minutes to her repeated inappropriate behavior at her fake ass job. Her life really and truly sucks, and she's responsible for 99.5% of it. 

The cake bit annoyed me, but for some reason, it didn't surprise me, because cake. I think what just really made me think that she is going to be a lost cause forever was inhaling the food at the dinner party, exclaiming how the mashed potatoes were soooo good, and how Will wouldn't approve--almost crowing and reveling in the fact that she's being obnoxious and willfully defiant in her weight loss efforts, knowing that this must be killing her parents to see her doing this to herself, and not even caring. Like damn, it's THEIR birthday celebration and everyone at the table has to sit around and listen to this selfish cow go on and on about a diet and fitness plan that she's not even following. Vhitney, if you're going to blow your diet, you blow it on keylime cake and buttercream frosting, not on gluey mashed potatoes and whatever unhealthy, generic shit that was on that plate. 

She tried to justify it by saying how it was a special occasion, but it's not special if you're eating like that EVERY SINGLE MEAL. 

I thought I would hate the comedian but I didn't. However, I didn't like it when she said that it's a good thing to bully and that she gives hand job incentive to her fat friend if he loses 100 lbs. That was the only thing she said that I thought was too far. Even the radio guy took a little bit of offense. But, she is a comedian and it's not always about funny, but also shock value. The rest of what she said was just truth, though and Whitney should have stayed out of that one. Obviously she's no better considering she immediately called the woman a "skinny bitch" (ok she's a bitch but what does skinny have to do with it?), then Buddy called her a fucking idiot or something. It's what we've been saying, Whitney is allowed to say whatever she wants about whomever but nobody is allowed to tell her shit. 

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, aliya said:

When I went on WW and started tracking my food, I was surprised at how many points some of my food was - and I'm a dieter/diabetic/vegan/vegetarian from way back and thought I knew calorie counts, etc. It makes such a difference to see the numbers in front of you.

"grok" - dating ourselves a little are we? : )

Hey Aliya, thanks for getting the reference!  

I loved Stranger in a Strange Land, and use grok whenever I can to separate the wheat from the chaff.    : )

I was on WW too, and lost 42 lbs. Cuz I had  great friend who I worked out with everyday for 1-2 hours each time, except Sunday......it was fun and we talked about everything most the time on the bikes or treadmills with a break for the weights.

Then I moved away and continued with WW until I realized that I was playing the system-- eating less the 2 days before weigh-in. I needed to be responsible to myself.  

It's my choice to eat healthier and goal to work out more cuz I want to live better and not have significant health issues as much as that is in my power, God willing. Whit doesn't get that or doesn't fucking care cuz TLC and No BS. are her cash cows.  

Ethics in media, as anyone?  That would be a great question to pose to Whit.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 2

The thing that particularly irks me is that Babs and Glenn display fine manners and civility.  They definitely live an upper middle-class life.  They have a lovely, well-kept home and belong to a country club.  They seem like very gracious people.  Whitney, on the other hand, irrespective of her massive physical size, is basically a slob with no social graces and/or manners.  The episode with the cat poop on the couch that didn't even register a blip on her radar just did it for me.

Also, at the party for Babs and Glenn at the Country Club, I was stunned at how Lenny and Buddy were dressed???  Whitney was all gussied up but Lenny and Buddy basically looked like they came in from cleaning out the garage.

Whitney's table manners are atrocious and her general grooming, as we have discussed here in detail, is basically disgusting.  I'm trying to wrap my mind around what possibly went wrong when raising her that caused this deterioration??  I agree with whomever suggested she desperately needs therapy.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, PityFree said:

I'm not Clarewalks, but *I* think it was a mistake for Will to ask Vit to send a photo 3 times a day of her food because he should have said "send me a photo of everything you consume all day including beverages." Whitney is going to stick to the letter of the law and only send 3 pics she thinks make her look like she is making good food choices. She will NOT include pictures of the cake tasting cakes, the whipped cream topped coffees, the stress snacks, the meals eaten in her car, things eaten out of the container while standing in her kitchen, etc.  

But she never said she was dieting though, just making some changes to avoid diabetes. If she was telling the truth about making "some changes" she should be able to show him a photo each day of a change she made. That was the point because she never said she was all in- to be totally eating right- she just said she had made some changes and was on a healthier track. If she was showing him 3 perfect healthy diet meals a day and still eating bowls of ice cream and pizza, so be it- at least that would show she was at least TRYING to eat better. She couldn't even do that, which means its ALL bad..she can't even show herself eating any healthy foods. 

• Love 5

I don't think the comedienne was funny, generally.  If anything, she demonstrated that good comedy isn't easy.  And she does seem to be one of those who makes it a "thing" to shit on fat people.

But, in this instance, I don't think she was wrong in anything she said about Whitney.  Just another example of how Whitney is an awful face for whatever it is Whitney's actual agenda is.

And this episode highlighted just what an insufferable jerk Whitney is.

Just because you were bullied doesn't mean you aren't an asshole.

Just because you gained a lot of weight and couldn't lose it doesn't mean you aren't an asshole.

Just because you have POCS doesn't mean you aren't an asshole.

Whitney inserts herself and makes herself the issue, and whenever any engages in that in even the slightest less-than-fawning way, she barks "why are you making it personal?"

And the cupcake thing . . . I can't even.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, CocoaGoddess said:

The comic, eh....it was a TLC manufactured event.   More important, just wanted to say I love your writing style.  

• Love 4
(edited)

The comedienne going in on obese people before Whitney came in to argue with her was totally staged. You could see the DJs' faces change, like, "Oh, crap, Whitney is here and she's going to get pissed! Let's bring her in!" It was scripted through and through to try and give Whitney a way to stand up for her ~agenda~. Unfortunately for her, she didn't really have any good arguments and mainly stammered and stuttered her way through the conversation.

I also thought it was so ironic when Whitney called out Kerryn for "body shaming" before derisively calling her skinny. I think she said it several times, like it was automatically a negative attribute. I wonder how she would have reacted if Kerryn were heavier. She didn't look too pleased when her own co-worker (I think his name is Roy) admitted he didn't like being fat. It's like she can't fathom somebody having a different opinion from her. She goes on the defense immediately because she knows she's in the wrong.

Edited by geekamonggeeks
  • Love 13

I did not like the comedian at all but I will admit she was well prepared for Whitney.  She'd obviously watched the program and witnessed all the enablers and the crying defense.

I enjoy Babs and Glenn far more than watching Whitney self-destruct.

I am totally amazed that Whitney thinks she can win a ballroom dance contest.  She certainly wasn't a natural when dancing with Lennie, and has none of the discipline needed for that type of dancing.  She'd better stick with twerking.

• Love 6

Whitney (to the comedienne): "You don't know me; that I've had PCOS; that I was bullied; that I lost 100 pounds!"

ORLY?  

Because you haven't shut the fuck about those things since you got this show Whitney!

• Love 12
On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 1:32 PM, greekmom said:

Can I comment on how much I hate the preview with Twitney making fun of the guest on the radio and flipping the bird to the audience? So classy.

Even though the "comedian" (I use the term loosely in her case) basically said everything a lot of us have been saying about Whitney all this time, I actually got mad at the non-comedian for the way she went at Whitney.  It was very offensive and I didn't like the fact that she said that she speaks to all overweight people that way.  I'm halfway ashamed to say that if I was Whitney in that situation I would have begun making drunken alcoholic jokes nonstop at that point.  Plus, I hate when comedians use body shaming jokes in their act unless they are being self deprecating.  All I could think of during that moron's act was Dave Chapelle's Reggie character in The Nutty Professor.  She was just being an asshole.

• Love 13
(edited)
On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 10:17 PM, geekamonggeeks said:

It looks like Will is going to cut her loose next week; maybe the others will follow suit after realizing that getting Whitney to open her eyes, stop being so stubborn, and lose weight is virtually hopeless.

Unfortunately, I get the feeling this is one of those reality show fakeout previews where they don't show Will saying, "Mess up one more time and..."  We just hear the, "I'm going to have to let you go" part.  I don't think he can get past her tears.  He's too nice.  What I wonder is, why did she stop going to him in the first place when she was clearly looking way smaller than she is now in the clips they showed of her and the punching bag.  Did she stop when she got this show?  Has she said why she wasn't going to him anymore?

Edited by swankie
  • Love 2

That last part where Whitney was talking about her depression and being surprised she's alive really hit home for me. I know how terrifying the idea of going back to that place is so I can understand about not wanting to do anything that might take her back to that place. I think a lot of people, Kerryn included, see her show and twist the meaning of "no body shame" into something Whitney has not said.

Idk I started watching this because I liked the idea of a fat person with a reality show that's not all about them losing weight (as if fat people have no other purpose in life). In contrast to Kerryn's example I like the idea of some girl similar to how Whitney was -hating her body, hating herself, never going out, depressed and alone finally saying f*ck it- I'm going to go out to the beach/party/whatever and stop waiting until I've lost enough weight/exercise hard enough etc to think I'm worthy of happiness.

This season has taken a sad turn. I do think Whitney is lying to herself. Like desperately trying to hold onto the idea that everything is okay when it's not. Honestly I think she would be a lot happier if she just admitted that she doesn't especially care about making healthier choices. She and Will are not on the same page. Whitney is not looking for a lifestyle change.

• Love 19
18 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Why does WHITNEY care about other people's opinions so much? People can judge you all they want, but it has no power over you unless you choose to let it. For all Whitney's talk about not caring about "haters," she sure does cry and complain about them a lot.

I think the trouble starts when people start sharing their opinion instead of keeping it to themselves. Like if someone thinks people should bully fat people "a little," whatever. But the moment they share that opinion with me, we have a problem. And the minute their opinion starts having an impact on my life we DEFINITELY have a problem. A lot of people think like Kerryn and much worse. That's the kind of rhetoric that adds to the biases/stereotypes toward fat people. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, CocoaGoddess said:

You're not alone.  I thought she was an angry, bitter, nasty bitch looking for laughs by making fun of all fat people.  I saw her as a 'mean girl' and didn't think her comments were particularly funny, in fact it was getting uncomfortable. And then Whitney walked in and made it all about herself, as if Kerryn was attacking just her.  At that point the mood changed and it suddenly WAS about her specifically, opening the door for a full on fight. In that scenario, Kerryn was clearly more skilled at debate and Whitney was left in the dust.

• Love 8

So true cynicat. For being the self-proclaimed leader of No Body Shame, she needs to be able to articulate and debate the NBS platform/ideology without making it all about her. Comedian Kerryn was clear and concise in her arguments, even though I think she was wrong.

• Love 6
On 7/21/2016 at 7:18 AM, notyrmomma said:

Buddy's girlfriend has the patience of a saint.  Either that, or she's getting a fat check too.  There is NO WAY in HELL that I would let my boyfriend go to a comedy club with another woman.  But Twit had to take Buddy because Lenny would have sat there all night with absolutely no expression on his face (that we can see anyway).  Lenny is no help.  Lenny also gives absolutely no fucks, as illustrated on the way he dressed for her parent's party.  

The entire thing with the comedian was a total show setup from start to finish if you ask me.  Didn't Buddy do stand up last season or the season before IIRC?  Unless I dreamed it, I remember Whitney and some of the others coming along to watch him.  Buddy must have a relationship with the comedy club and arranged for Kerryn to come on the show to blast Whitney.  That's why he went with Whitney and not Lennie.  It was a total setup and a show plot device.  That's why Buddy's girlfriend didn't go - It was part of his "job" as a character on this show.  He was just going to "work".

In this interview below, done when the show was first premiering, Whitney says that she would like to try stand-up comedy herself.  She also says she has "no interest in losing weight" and that "weight loss surgery is not an option" (not for medical reasons but personal ones):

http://thetvpage.com/2015/01/11/big-fat-fabulous-life-whitney-way-thore-tells/

• Love 3

I think the taking pictures of her food thing really got to Whit deep down.  Even tho she wasn't taking pictures, she brought it up each time she was eating & even when eating the grapes, she brought up stress eating. I'm hoping that she feels even a little bit bad by not following his program & letting him down.  

Swankie - good point that due to editing Will firing her may not be a firing at all, just a wake-up call.  She seems like she gives it her all when she decides to workout with Will.  She needs to realize it needs to be a daily thing (or what Will advises) rather than showing up when she feels like it for the cameras. She definitely needs to work on her diet as well.  I wish Will would call her out on what she does each day. She comes across that she can't fit in daily exercise because she has a busy & stressful life.  It's a shame she doesn't make the time to take a bike ride - that $$ bike is just gathering dust in the garage. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, swankie said:

Unfortunately, I get the feeling this is one of those reality show fakeout previews where they don't show Will saying, "Mess up one more time and..."  We just hear the, "I'm going to have to let you go" part.  I don't think he can get past her tears.  He's too nice.  What I wonder is, why did she stop going to him in the first place when she was clearly looking way smaller than she is now in the clips they showed of her and the punching bag.  Did she stop when she got this show?  Has she said why she wasn't going to him anymore?

The show has played very coy about Whitney's previous experience working with Will. For one thing, Whitney kept changing the very vague timeline - she hadn't seen him in "a long time."  She hadn't seen him in "years." She hadn't seen him since she "lost a hundred pounds" and then gained it all back, plus some, another undetermined length of time.  In the episode where she first asks him to "take her back" neither of them are very explicit about why they stopped working together in the first place, although Will comes close. He talks about her failing to honor the work they did by gaining all the weight back, he talks about her hanging out on the gym steps smoking and coming in late to their sessions,  he does a TH about how she was manipulative and not committed. Whitney also said their original parting "lacked closure" and expressed that "Will probably felt that, also."  My takeaway from this is that, the first time around with him, she lost the fabled 100 lbs. under his watch, started to blow him off and regain the weight, and then pulled a disappearing act when he confronted her. But we really don't know.

• Love 8
On 7/21/2016 at 10:01 AM, Dirtybubble said:

And then signing Todd up for a competition without even asking him first?!  Gurl, text him at least and see if he is ok with it.  I can't believe the deadline to sign up was that close that she felt she had to do it right then and there without running it by him.  How rude.  Especially if she knew that ballroom dancing might not be his thing. He's a good sport (aka producers told him to go along with it) to agree to this anyhow but seriously how self centered are you that you don't even think about what he might say first??

I'm thinking the producer waved his contractual obligations in Todd's face, and it wasn't even Whitney who pushed him into it.  She's wants it because it's just more attention, more potential ratings, ergo more $$$, and she will obviously do anything to continue the gravy train for all of them.  I don't even think it was originally her idea.  It's obvious this show and everyone in it is just whoring themselves out for the money anyway.  None of it is genuine, I doubt it ever was.  They're not fooling me.  Whitney and Kerryn are probably besties and they're all going out at night together having a good laugh on the audience all the way to the bank.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

I'm thinking the producer waved his contractual obligations in Todd's face, and it wasn't even Whitney who pushed him into it.  She's wants it because it's just more attention, more potential ratings, ergo more $$$, and she will obviously do anything to continue the gravy train for all of them.  I don't even think it was originally her idea.  It's obvious this show and everyone in it is just whoring themselves out for the money anyway.  None of it is genuine, I doubt it ever was.  They're not fooling me.  Whitney and Kerryn are probably besties and they're all going out at night together having a good laugh on the audience all the way to the bank.

I doubt that Twit and Kerryn are besties at all. But I call shenanigans on Twit's "just happening" to see that ballroom dancing poster when they were having that "ballroom dance lesson" with the camera crew there. 

**Shrug** It coulda happened that way, but I wonder if somebody on the production crew saw it and set up the Twit. Probably knowing that her instant reaction was to hog that spotlight and go for the gold. Despite the fact that she can barely walk around the block and get her feet into shoes, she's gonna sign up for that pro/am dance competition. Because she's A Professional Dancer.

We'll probably never know if she saw the flyer and it was her idea to enter, or if somebody suggested it to her in a way that was guaranteed to push her buttons so she jumped at it.

However it started, I predict that it will end in tears. Whitney tears. 

• Love 8
On 7/21/2016 at 10:33 AM, Ketzel said:

Ah yes, Whitney and Todd are now competitive ballroom dancers. Love how she assured him "There's a good chance we'd place!" Unless she already knows TLC is rigging  the competition for her benefit, how on earth would she know that? She doesn't know who she's competing against. But I can assure her, she wouldn't be competing against a bunch of amateur beginners. Any legitimate ballroom dance competition would not permit "professional" dancers to compete in the amateur category. Very broadly, if you hold yourself out as a professional dancer to a community, or earn a certain amount of money for dance-related services, you are a professional for ballroom competition purposes. Given what we've seen of Whitney's ballroom skills, she and Todd would humiliate themselves dancing against ballroom professionals in any legitimately  judged competition.

Ah but that's the thing, this is probably yet another faux event engineered by TPTB for the show.  They probably convinced the dance competition to bend the rules and arrange things just to be able to enter Whitney.  Anything for ratings and the people agree to it because they all want the $$$ and the publicity.  Who knows if the "professionals" she'll compete against will be legit either?  Everything smells about this show, nothing is real.

• Love 11