Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Fat Jokes

• Start Topic

Just now, seasons said:

I don't know, but I'm starting to get the feeling that this is going to come to an abrupt end - like "Honey BooBoo" did. But not for the same reasons of course. But still a big crash and burn. And we may never know exactly why. Something's gotta give.

I envision the season finale going something like this: Whitney's situation comes to a head....after another collapse and/or family intervention, we see Whitney coming face to face with Dr. Now....to be continued next season.

• Love 12

LOL @ everyone here calling Twit on lying about the cake.  I knew I would find that here!  Oh sherrr, she doesn't like cake, that's why she shovels her huge maw with ginormous gobs of it.  Oh sherrrr, she's only doing this for her parents.  It's a one time deal, yeah right.   I'm like the comedian - not buying it.  And that plate of food at her parent's 70th birthday could feed a family of 4 for a WEEK.

She acts so full of herself like she doesn't like having to send photos of her food.  Get over yourself, sister!  I have to do that on my program and I have no problem with it.  And who is she kidding, she didn't even eat that freaking salmon.  What a LIAR.  Happy that Will sees through it.

That comedian was a total plant.  At first we thought the show was trying to encourage sympathy for Whitney with her, but it's obvious they were yet again out to make her look bad.  It's like that comedian reads this board and put together everything we've said about the Twit - the enablers, the denial, everything.  And the Twit had no good response to it.  I think it was telling that she didn't call Kerryn on her hypocrisy of calling Whitney on her unhealthy choices while waving a cigarette around - Now we have the proof of what we suspected, that Whit smokes on top of everything else she does that's bad for her.  Otherwise I'm sure she would have called the comedian out on her smoking if not for that.  She is a freaking ticking time bomb.

And yes to being absolutely positive that "Lenny" is hired to be her boyfriend.  His blasé attitude is just over the top.  It's so obvious he's not taking any of this seriously.

Forget about "butt wings" - In that blue dress she also had a "butt shelf".

10 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

I envision the season finale going something like this: Whitney's situation comes to a head....after another collapse and/or family intervention, we see Whitney coming face to face with Dr. Now....to be continued next season.

YES - I can see it now, he walks into the radio station and Whitney's jaw drops!  LOL

• Love 18

That scale is from CVS and looks like it's 20 years old! WTF?!? A professional gym doesn't have a medical scale?!?

I wanted to knock that stupid soul patch-looking beard off the brother's face. "As long as she's happy." Yeah, try to give less of a shit. Asshat.

• Love 10

I've only just started watching so forgive me if this is a dumb question. Has there been any discussion on the show of her having weight loss surgery? If not, what is her reasoning? I'm wondering if a doctor would really do the surgery when she is so clearly opposed to altering any behaviors. If you have weight loss surgery and don't follow the diet (in types of food and portions) you can kill yourself. 

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, DixonVixen2359 said:

Whitney looked like a complete slob at "work".  I dress better lounging around on my day off! Why does she always insist on wearing those sleeveless tops? The completely exposed straps of her sports bra were unforgivable.

I am so going to hell for saying this, but her massive arms really would look better covered up. I really  hope she uses a strong deodorant. 

That comedian really hit the nail on the head. Whitney is coddled by everyone around her. The no BS campaign is her ticket to not having to lose weight. What exactly is so " fabulous" about her life? 

My husband now refers to Whitney as the Snorlax. I find that incredibly offensive....the Snorlax is far more active than Whitney.

Your husband is a genius, my friend.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, mamapajama said:

From Kerryn Feehan's Facebook page:

As the hate tweets roll in, I've gotta weigh in ? real quick. I don't actually hate fat people, I make jokes because I'm a comic. This woman Whitney Way Thore is a manipulative liar. She is her family and friends' literal and figurative cash cow. She smokes a pack of cigarettes a day and threatened to have one of the MANY production assistants who told me this FIRED. He has kids. She doesn't exercise or eat healthy in the slightest. Be fat. Be happy. I don't care. But going on tv, selling books, telling hundreds of thousands of your fans that you can be fat and fit (when the entire country saw you have a heart attack doing the running man in an earlier episode) is a deadly message. When they hired me for my opinion it was because I refused to go along with the glorification of addictive behavior. I'm not a bully. I'm also not a liar.

Word. 

She comes home and binge eats grapes? 

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

And yes to being absolutely positive that "Lenny" is hired to be her boyfriend.  His blasé attitude is just over the top.  It's so obvious he's not taking any of this seriously.

I don't know that Lenny is a plant, maybe he just just really has as much of an unappealing personality as he appears to have in the show, wants a girlfriend or at least wants a girl, any girl, to think she is his girlfriend for whatever reasons and likes that TLC is writing him a check.

I know many people in trainwrecks of relationships just because they want to be in a relationship, this one just comes with a TLC paycheck.

• Love 12

She said she was "bonding" with Lennie over the dance.  Is she delusional?  Lennie was telegraphing that he did not want to be there but she wasn't catching on.

Glenn and Babs dance with brooms up their asses.  The ballroom had very few people in it.  Why did they need a multi-layer cake?  Oh right, for the freebie tasting LOL.

Twitney was barefoot this weekend at the big woman expo in Toronto. She was also barefoot at the anniversary.  She cannot wear shoes anymore?  Why?

In this episode it was painfully apparent that Twitney was never on a debating team.

• Love 19

Oh, and I CAN'T STAND when women who have blemishes don't at least 'try' to cover them up. She could have applied some concealer and powder so the red spots weren't glaring at us through the television screen. I think that is just laziness.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

My favorite line "For someone who says they are the happiest they've ever been, you sure cry a lot'.  I think they need to put this comedian person on Sister Wives too... they cry a lot for supposedly happy people too. 

Um...yay-uh!

• Love 7
(edited)

I feel like I need to bleach my eyeballs after watching the first 20 minutes of this episode.  First the disgusting cake shoveling scenes, then her disgusting "dance" solo in her Big girl class followed by her equally disgusting caterwauling.  I had to change the channel. I am done with this trainwreck of a show.

Edited by Swiss
  • Love 11

New to this blog....kind of new to the show...    Yes, Whitney's eating is out of control, looks like her life is unraveling and she is the only one that can change that.

The one thing I will say about the comic is that she sure is full of herself-  is she considered a morbid smoker?  Just wondering?  

• Love 16
17 minutes ago, Swiss said:

I feel like I need to bleach my eyeballs after watching the first 20 minutes of this episode.  First the disgusting cake shoveling scenes, then her disgusting "dance" solo in her Big girl class followed by her equally disgusting caterwauling.  I had to change the channel. I am done with this trainwreck of a show.

I agree with all of this.  But...can't...not...look...

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Eldemarge said:

I was a little alarmed at the huge bites of cake she was taking.  I'm surprised she didn't end up choking.

While she says with a straight face that she's not a cake person.  Cue her shoveling in fork after fork of cake NON-STOP.

• Love 16

Just a quick thanks for all the great posts. I had to work tonight and my DVR is down (thanks to the inept house painters and Time Warner's inability to resuscitate it until Friday) so I missed this episode, but reading the comments is just as good, if not better. I'm at work and y'all are making my middle of the night shift much more pleasant.

• Love 8

It looked like there was a huge amount of cake being offered for a "tasting".  Perhaps that was producer-driven.  OTOH, the excuses of "this is once-in-a-lifetime thing", etc., etc., are how people gain weight and also how people get into debt.  

• Love 19

Damn, the editors are really going after Whitney this season aren't they? I feel like in the last two seasons they would have largely edited out her cake shoveling scenes, but this time they made a point to have her say she's not a cake lover, then precede to highlight to the audience just how much food she eats. 

She's really in denial. She blames PCOS for the majority of her weight gain and that it makes it hard for her to lose, yet she has lost 100 lbs in the past when she was disciplined, so not impossible, and she blatantly ignores the fact that she's morbidly obese because, well, she eats like a morbidly obese person. Thin people don't eat as much cake in one sitting as she did in that scene, and if they did, they wouldn't eat the rest of the day because they'd be in pain.

• Love 11

First I need to say thanks for all of these comments!  This board really took of this year, I can barely keep up and I love it.

7 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

That comedian was a total plant.  At first we thought the show was trying to encourage sympathy for Whitney with her, but it's obvious they were yet again out to make her look bad.  It's like that comedian reads this board and put together everything we've said about the Twit - the enablers, the denial, everything. 

Yes!  Now as a former morbidly obese and now normal weight person, I don't like to see anyone judged on his or her size (look, it's a personal battle and the fat person knows he or she is fat--telling him or her repeatedly doesn't help).  This comedian said pretty much everything I have been thinking for the past two years.

I started watching this show because I thought Twit would make a difference...I even started following her on Facebook.  I soon realized that she is actually making it worse because she is highlighting every stereotypical aspect of being fat, but at least this year they are being up front about it.  Last season I had to stop following her on Facebook because there were absolutely no negative comments and because she "yelled" at me on Facebook for posting a somewhat negative comment (she posted something about Oprah buying Weight Watchers and because of the piss poor way she wrote her comments, she appeared to be for this purchase, so when i called her out on it, she yelled at me to "read what she wrote"--unfollow).  I also couldn't watch her show last season because it was just so fake.  I'm SO GLAD they are calling her out on her bullshit this year.

Buddy's girlfriend has the patience of a saint.  Either that, or she's getting a fat check too.  There is NO WAY in HELL that I would let my boyfriend go to a comedy club with another woman.  But Twit had to take Buddy because Lenny would have sat there all night with absolutely no expression on his face (that we can see anyway).  Lenny is no help.  Lenny also gives absolutely no fucks, as illustrated on the way he dressed for her parent's party.  

• Love 15
42 minutes ago, admiralrodcocker said:

She's really in denial. She blames PCOS for the majority of her weight gain and that it makes it hard for her to lose, yet she has lost 100 lbs in the past when she was disciplined, so not impossible, and she blatantly ignores the fact that she's morbidly obese because, well, she eats like a morbidly obese person. Thin people don't eat as much cake in one sitting as she did in that scene, and if they did, they wouldn't eat the rest of the day because they'd be in pain.

well, she did lose it, because she made it her full time job, she devoted her whole life just to losing weight. It would not be sustainbale for anyone. So "disciplined" is understatement. I do agree she  wouldnt have gained so much more weight if she was not addicted to food, but its not really fair to use the regaining the weight against her.. Not many people would have been able to keep up with that regimen...you would have to become a personal trainer or something of that sort to spend your whole day excersising..

• Love 8
1 minute ago, PhereNicae1 said:

well, she did lose it, because she made it her full time job, she devoted her whole life just to losing weight. It would not be sustainbale for anyone. So "disciplined" is understatement. I do agree she  wouldnt have gained so much more weight if she was not addicted to food, but its not really fair to use the regaining the weight against her.. Not many people would have been able to keep up with that regimen...you would have to become a personal trainer or something of that sort to spend your whole day excersising..

Her problem is the way she probably went about it. Extreme exercise and extremely reduced portions relative to her size. She needs to cut back on her calories in a moderate sense to sustain her weight loss, but this show has proven that she doesn't even try. Point still is that her body is not incapable of losing large amounts of weight like she likes to act like it is.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I think the people around Whitney enable her out of self preservation.  

I think they enable her because they: 

1. Like the worshipping attention from fans of reality shows

2. Like the perks that comes with a  camera crew following you around town

3. Like getting a better table in a restaurant or upgrades on flights because they're on TV.

4. Are tired of her immaturity but realize they created the Frankenstein and now have to deal with said Frankenstein

5. Are afraid of her.  She's a mean force when angry.

6. ARE ADDICTED TO THE CASH!!!   Just as Vitney is addicted to food - her posse is addicted to cash and all of the above.

I am beginning to feel guilty watching this mess.  Everyone professes to loving Whitney so much....really?  Would you let your loved one eat him or herself to death?  At what point will they walk away and say "until you get some help - you're on your own"?  Answer:  They won't.  See 1- 6 above.

I agree re the comments that it was odd Whitney brought Buddy instead of Lennie to the comedy show, and that made me think of Lennie's weak role in Whitney's life. 

Buddy's interjections during Whitney and the comedienne's little showdown were weak and pretty childish (if you're going to step into someone else's argument, bring some substance to the debate, you know?); HOWEVER, he STOOD UP FOR WHITNEY.  Can you imagine swapping out Buddy for Lennie in that scene? Lennie would be quiet as a church mouse!   

In the first season, Buddy flipped out at the person who made the Shamu comment (i.e., walked up to the car yelling at the offending passenger). I know there's some suspicion here as to whether the incidence was even real, but damn it he stood up for Whitney where Lennie wouldn't. 

That is a major problem in my eyes. If you are someone who is subject to shaming or public harassment, I think you need a partner who will be there for you and support you in your cause.  And Lennie is not that dude.  He's not even a quiet soldier. He's just... standing there looking like a vapid D-bag. And even Whitney deserves more than that. 

• Love 17

And we never get an explanation of where Lennie is & why he can't accompany her (work, other obligations, etc.) She could at least acknowledge his absence to her audience.  You know he never would have gone to the anniversary party if he hadn't been a part of the first dance. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, EE2000 said:

For someone who claims to not like cake, she sure was shoveling it her mouth fast enough.     

I have to agree the comedienne had her number, no it's not cool to fat shame and it's also not cool to skinny shame either.   I have a growing hatred for Whitney because when it all comes down to it, she is all about herself and herself is a bitch.

I guess I am not the only one who was grossed out by Whitney and the cake. Not only was she shoveling it, she had two big mouthfuls at a time on the fork.

I quoted the post because fat shaming has been mentioned recently.    I agree with it and want to add that  Whitney shame(s) other people on a regular basis.  Skinny bitch?    

What I get from Whitney is that this whole campaign is nothing more that a cover for herself and no one else.  Its her shield so she can continue to eat in her car, shovel cake, lie, cry and run to her enablers when someone challenges her.  She acts no different than any other food addict with the excuses, the lies and the anger and tears.

I think Babs hit on the underlying problem. No one has ever said no to Whitney.   I think if someone does say no or attempts to, the results are a full blown tantrum that they do not show.

SHAME on you Whitney.

• Love 21
9 hours ago, mamapajama said:

As the hate tweets roll in, I've gotta weigh in ? real quick. I don't actually hate fat people, I make jokes because I'm a comic. This woman Whitney Way Thore is a manipulative liar. She is her family and friends' literal and figurative cash cow. She smokes a pack of cigarettes a day and threatened to have one of the MANY production assistants who told me this FIRED. He has kids. She doesn't exercise or eat healthy in the slightest. Be fat. Be happy. I don't care. But going on tv, selling books, telling hundreds of thousands of your fans that you can be fat and fit (when the entire country saw you have a heart attack doing the running man in an earlier episode) is a deadly message. When they hired me for my opinion it was because I refused to go along with the glorification of addictive behavior. I'm not a bully. I'm also not a liar.

So, what we all have been saying all along is all true.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Noirprncess said:

While she says with a straight face that she's not a cake person.  Cue her shoveling in fork after fork of cake NON-STOP.

I'd hate to see her eating something she likes!

8 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

New to this blog....kind of new to the show...    Yes, Whitney's eating is out of control, looks like her life is unraveling and she is the only one that can change that.

The one thing I will say about the comic is that she sure is full of herself-  is she considered a morbid smoker?  Just wondering?  

Apparently, Whitney smokes a pack a day, as well.  So add  that to her morbidity list.

• Love 13

Best lines of the night list (paraphrased). Please add yours:

"I'm still trying to find out what his role is."  (comedian referring to Buddy)

"For a happy person, you sure cry a lot."  (comedian referring to Whitney)

"I don't even like cake." (Whitney, mid-shovel)

"Hey now -- " (Lennie, after Whitney's "I'll never get married" remark)  That one was just plain out of place.

"I don't want to be defined by a number." (Whitney, referring to her disappointing weight gain)

"If you're honest with yourself, you'll admit you have a food addiction." (comedian confronting Whitney)

"I lost 100 pounds!" (Whitney's infamous wail of self-validation)

1 hour ago, notyrmomma said:

First I need to say thanks for all of these comments!  This board really took of this year, I can barely keep up and I love it.

Yes!  Now as a former morbidly obese and now normal weight person, I don't like to see anyone judged on his or her size (look, it's a personal battle and the fat person knows he or she is fat--telling him or her repeatedly doesn't help).  This comedian said pretty much everything I have been thinking for the past two years.

I started watching this show because I thought Twit would make a difference...I even started following her on Facebook.  I soon realized that she is actually making it worse because she is highlighting every stereotypical aspect of being fat, but at least this year they are being up front about it.  Last season I had to stop following her on Facebook because there were absolutely no negative comments and because she "yelled" at me on Facebook for posting a somewhat negative comment (she posted something about Oprah buying Weight Watchers and because of the piss poor way she wrote her comments, she appeared to be for this purchase, so when i called her out on it, she yelled at me to "read what she wrote"--unfollow).  I also couldn't watch her show last season because it was just so fake.  I'm SO GLAD they are calling her out on her bullshit this year.

Buddy's girlfriend has the patience of a saint.  Either that, or she's getting a fat check too.  There is NO WAY in HELL that I would let my boyfriend go to a comedy club with another woman.  But Twit had to take Buddy because Lenny would have sat there all night with absolutely no expression on his face (that we can see anyway).  Lenny is no help.  Lenny also gives absolutely no fucks, as illustrated on the way he dressed for her parent's party.  

Whitney may know she's fat (heck, I know I'm fat), but her delusions of being healthy overshadow that knowledge.  Her mantra is, "Yeah, I'm fat, but I'm healthy, and my life is fabulous!"

She's never going to get it, until that delusion is dealt with.

• Love 19
10 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Listening to Whitney rant about how Will doesn't trust her, and she's 32 years old and doesn't need someone overseeing her actions had me shaking my head so hard, my neck still hurts. :-) Whitney has no self-control, and no ability to be accountable to anyone else, even the person she is paying to supervise her fitness regimen. 

Why did she sign up with the trainer? She is paying him. Most people sign up because they have goals- lose pounds or inches. She doesnt have these goals so what is she doing there? She doesn't want to be overseen at 32 years old, then fire the trainer- that is his job. It made no sense to be going there unless the show is forcing her. I don't get it. You are paying him to help you NOT lose weight? she gained 4 pounds in the 3 weeks she has been seeing him so that is a lot of weight, that is like 50 pounds a year. 

And the comedian- even with the stupid spelling of her name- does have a point that she is dragging all these other unhealthy people along with her and her message how great it is to be fat. Any way I thought it was funny that Vitney was making fun of her vocal fry- I just re-listened and I hate vocal fry buy Kayrrn (WTF?) doesnt have vocal at all, not even a little bit.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

I'd hate to see her eating something she likes!

Watch her face when shoveling in the cake. It is bizarre. Not a smile or or obvious ecstasy, but it is sort of orgasmic. Her eyes sort of glaze over and stare straight ahead. She almost doesn't even chew. Those producers are showing their hate gradually. It is unravelling before us. Look how we see the hair Velcro extensions. Why does she leave the house like that, though???

So I am overweight. Not obese. I love food. It's my only vice. I love feeling full, but it takes a lot to get there. Just saw a commercial recently for binge eating disorder. Basically eating a lot, quickly, in one sitting. Not feeling full easily. I remember going out to lunch with coworkers and always being finished first, wishing for more. They noticed how quickly I ate. This must be a part of Whitney's issues.( I'm sure there is a funny name for sitting down and clearing the table like the Tasmanian Devil.) 

I liked the comedian. LOVED her tweet. I don't care that she was smoking. She freely admitted her addiction, unlike Whitney. Try to make a living going up on stage and try to entertain people, many of whom are drunk. That's stress and pressure. Not a once a week joke job or "teaching" an 8th grade mixer-style dance class. BTW, is the class once a week? I guess all that "dancing" counts as exercise???

Is anyone surprised about Whit threatening to have PA's fired for busting the smoking thing? When I see a flash of anger in those eyes, my heart skips a beat. If you have ever known anyone with a temper and then throw in the intimidation factor of 400 pounds, that is really scary. Please smack her down, Dr.Now. He is from Iran. He won't take her shit either. 

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, seasons said:

Watch her face when shoveling in the cake. It is bizarre. Not a smile or or obvious ecstasy, but it is sort of orgasmic. Her eyes sort of glaze over and stare straight ahead. She almost doesn't even chew. Those producers are showing their hate gradually. It is unravelling before us. Look how we see the hair Velcro extensions. Why does she leave the house like that, though???

So I am overweight. Not obese. I love food. It's my only vice. I love feeling full, but it takes a lot to get there. Just saw a commercial recently for binge eating disorder. Basically eating a lot, quickly, in one sitting. Not feeling full easily. I remember going out to lunch with coworkers and always being finished first, wishing for more. They noticed how quickly I ate. This must be a part of Whitney's issues.( I'm sure there is a funny name for sitting down and clearing the table like the Tasmanian Devil.) 

I liked the comedian. LOVED her tweet. I don't care that she was smoking. She freely admitted her addiction, unlike Whitney. Try to make a living going up on stage and try to entertain people, many of whom are drunk. That's stress and pressure. Not a once a week joke job or "teaching" an 8th grade mixer-style dance class. BTW, is the class once a week? I guess all that "dancing" counts as exercise???

Is anyone surprised about Whit threatening to have PA's fired for busting the smoking thing? When I see a flash of anger in those eyes, my heart skips a beat. If you have ever known anyone with a temper and then throw in the intimidation factor of 400 pounds, that is really scary. Please smack her down, Dr.Now. He is from Iran. He won't take her shit either. 

Re: Whitney being in an altered state as she eats

I always tell my kids (and remind myself) that it takes 20 minutes from the beginning of eating for your brain to get the message that you are full. http://www.livestrong.com/article/489875-how-does-your-stomach-tell-your-brain-that-youre-full/

• Love 5

Another thing that bothered me about Whitney's conversation with the comedian was her whine about having value as a human being etc. Poor Whitney, people think she's subhuman. Barf. No one is saying she doesn't have value. No one is saying she's a lesser human being. In fact  people are saying the exact opposite. They are saying she's important and valuable to them so she needs to worry about her heath and not drop dead before she's 40. Whitney's definition of fat shaming is any time someone tells her something she doesn't want to hear. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

Another thing that bothered me about Whitney's conversation with the comedian was her whine about having value as a human being etc. Poor Whitney, people think she's subhuman. Barf. No one is saying she doesn't have value. No one is saying she's a lesser human being. In fact  people are saying the exact opposite. They are saying she's important and valuable to them so she needs to worry about her heath and not drop dead before she's 40. Whitney's definition of fat shaming is any time someone tells her something she doesn't want to hear. 

Yeah, she's got a huge chip on her shoulder.

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, operalover said:

Why did she sign up with the trainer? She is paying him. Most people sign up because they have goals- lose pounds or inches. She doesnt have these goals so what is she doing there? She doesn't want to be overseen at 32 years old, then fire the trainer- that is his job. It made no sense to be going there unless the show is forcing her. I don't get it. You are paying him to help you NOT lose weight? she gained 4 pounds in the 3 weeks she has been seeing him so that is a lot of weight, that is like 50 pounds a year. 

And the comedian- even with the stupid spelling of her name- does have a point that she is dragging all these other unhealthy people along with her and her message how great it is to be fat. Any way I thought it was funny that Vitney was making fun of her vocal fry- I just re-listened and I hate vocal fry buy Kayrrn (WTF?) doesnt have vocal at all, not even a little bit.

Hmmm... I thought TLC was paying for the trainer. That's why she doesn't give a shit.

I had never heard of "vocal fry" so I googled. I guess like Demi Moore.

I also googled TLC reality star salaries. Is it possible - $20-25,000 PER EPISODE for her?!?!?

PS - why no shoes? That's twice now that we have seen. They do make shoes for fat people. Another bad sign.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

She said she was "bonding" with Lennie over the dance.  Is she delusional?  Lennie was telegraphing that he did not want to be there but she wasn't catching on.

Glenn and Babs dance with brooms up their asses.  The ballroom had very few people in it.  Why did they need a multi-layer cake?  Oh right, for the freebie tasting LOL.

Twitney was barefoot this weekend at the big woman expo in Toronto. She was also barefoot at the anniversary.  She cannot wear shoes anymore?  Why?

In this episode it was painfully apparent that Twitney was never on a debating team.

Toaster Strudel: Are you in Toronto?  I am not surprised that she cannot wear shoes anymore.  If you check out My 600 lb life alot of people after a certain point just cannot wear shoes and resort to flip flops or just going barefoot.  Sad really.

14 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

Yeah, she's got a huge chip on her shoulder.

LocalGovt: What really gets to me is that she keeps resorting back to being picked on and being bullied.  I think the example in this episode was that she was so bullied she stayed inside and ordered pizza to console herself?!?  Yeah, people are mean and shouldn't be bullied but you cannot keep using the bullying as an excuse.  It gets tired and old.  Go to therapy and stand up for yourself.  Again, it's her excuses for her addiction.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, seasons said:

PS - why no shoes? That's twice now that we have seen. They do make shoes for fat people. Another bad sign.

She goes shoeless at the request of her followers....

They like it when she walks on water.

For the person who mentioned the size of the cakes at the tasting:

My brother's getting married in the winter. During their cake tasting, they were given cupcakes to try instead of smaller bites of cake (like I've seen at other bakeries). This was because the store sold cupcakes as well. It appeared that the place they went to sold cupcakes as well. There was at least one tray of cupcakes in the scene. They originally were given 1/4 of the cupcakes to taste. My brother and his fiancee were given similar sized bites to try, they just didn't shovel the whole thing in. It appeared that they went back to eat the leftover 1/2 once the woman got up to go get something for Twit to cleanse her palate. Brother and fiancee were allowed to bring the leftover halves home so that the moms could taste them as well. Cake lady was not going to give her another set of cupcakes without paying for it.

The only reason I could see for a cake tasting is that it was clear from the beginning of the scene they had never been to that bakery before or had their products. So yeah, I could see a "hey can we taste a couple of flavors to pick one for a special cake" tasting. But then again, I'm willing to bet that a whole lot of those 5 tiers ended up at Twit's house.

• Love 13

Shoeless Whitney Way Thore --

Her feet and ankle area looked pretty deformed to me -- I don't know what other word to use.  They look...misshapen.  So perhaps it's not just the fact that she can't physically get them on due to her inability to reach down and tie them, she also can't get them on due to her feet and lower limbs being swollen.

Not to keep mentioning My 600 Pound Life, but there are lots of patients on there whose lower limbs are similar. Maybe it's lymphedema setting in for her. http://www.lymphnet.org/le-faqs/what-is-lymphedema

• Love 7
9 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Oh, and I CAN'T STAND when women who have blemishes don't at least 'try' to cover them up. She could have applied some concealer and powder so the red spots weren't glaring at us through the television screen. I think that is just laziness.

I'm beginning to think that TLC doesn't like Whitney either.  You would think that a professional hair/makeup/WARDROBE person would be on set to help her out so why on earth are they filming her looking so rough?

And for a professional dancer she sure did seem to have a difficult time.  I've heard of people who are better at free form dancing than learning steps but holy cow it looked like they were struggling getting a few steps down. 

And then signing Todd up for a competition without even asking him first?!  Gurl, text him at least and see if he is ok with it.  I can't believe the deadline to sign up was that close that she felt she had to do it right then and there without running it by him.  How rude.  Especially if she knew that ballroom dancing might not be his thing. He's a good sport (aka producers told him to go along with it) to agree to this anyhow but seriously how self centered are you that you don't even think about what he might say first??

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, greekmom said:

LocalGovt: What really gets to me is that she keeps resorting back to being picked on and being bullied.  I think the example in this episode was that she was so bullied she stayed inside and ordered pizza to console herself?!?  Yeah, people are mean and shouldn't be bullied but you cannot keep using the bullying as an excuse.  It gets tired and old.  Go to therapy and stand up for yourself.  Again, it's her excuses for her addiction.

This is my problem with the entire anti bully campaign.  I feel like self entitled people like Whit are using the I've been bullied as an excuse for bad behavior.  I'm sure she probably was picked on in school (like 90% of the population) for one thing or another but to hide behind that and say well I do this that or the other because I'm a victim and I've been bullied just pisses me off!  It undermines the struggles people go thru who were actually brutally bullied to the point where they were scared to come to school.  Just bugs!!

• Love 14

Whitney was zoning out again eating the cake--just like she did with that awful tuna casserole thing she made a couple episodes ago.  But she doesn't have a food addiction, per her.  Uh-huh.  Funny, though, that she compared the comedienne's alcoholism to her being fat ("I would never make fun of your alcoholism, but you're making fun of me being fat"); which is it?  Is your weight something you can't control OR is it akin to an addiction?  She wants it both ways.

Can't wait (sarcasm) to see the tears and indignation next week when Will says he won't train her anymore.  It'll be another Whitney Pity Party.

• Love 14
(edited)
56 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

^^^Exactly! We've seen her throw up that wall of incomprehension/denial before. The one I remember most clearly is when she was lying in that bed in the hospital ER, with her parents at her side, and just totally blowing off what the doctor was saying to her. The doctor wasn't being melodramatic or exaggerating anything, just stating some plain medical facts. But Twitney might as well have put her hands over her ears and sang "La la la la I'm ignoring you La la la la!!" like a little kid. 

IMO a lot of that is what I call "the addiction talking," meaning she's acting out her addiction, for want of a better way to say it. I don't know what the odds are that she will ever be able to abandon her addictive behavior with food, given her very aggressive and perhaps narcissistic personality. She's so used to steamrolling over everyone and not only not taking "no" for an answer, but probably not even hearing "no" half the time when it's said to her. All this is of course JMO.

And, for a "professional dancer," she sure has an awkward and inefficient way of walking. Those long shots of her walking from her vehicle to the cake place were a nice little tweak by the TLC editing monkeys. Her brother easily strolled the short distance, and wound up ahead of her.  

I'm in the "She's a professional dancer? my ass" contingent here. 

Edited by Jeeves
Deleted OT comment.
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, PhereNicae1 said:

Yes, but wasn't Whitney proposing, in effect,  to make fitness and exercise her fulltime job? She claims she left her radio production job to pursue her dance  career. Professional dancers do spend all day exercising. They dance. They work out. They take classes. (And sad, but true, many of them smoke like chimneys as a pernicious form of weight control.)  If she seriously devoted herself to her "passion for dance" in a professional, committed way, she'd be living an entirely different lifestyle. But she's just a poseur, an excuse-making machine, not a dancer. 

• Love 17

So what about that silly ring of flowers in her hair at the party? Boho-chic? Nah. Attention seeking. Did Babs have a wristlet or corsage? Did Glenn have a boutonnière? Not that I saw. But the special snowflake had flowers. Blech.

BTW, why couldn't Babs and Glen have the first dance ALONE at their own party? It seemed so awkward to have Whitney in all of her dysfunction with Oscar the Grouch. Is dancing her domain and they couldn't do it without her? Please. 

Now she's a competitive ballroom dancer. As if. Man, did she steamroll her friend/dance partner (I forget his name). "So are you gonna do this for me?!?" Angry, impatient, how-dare-you-even-consider-not-doing-what-I-want face. Of course he will. 

• Love 16

It's not even just the Whit was shoveling in cupcake, it was the amount of cake she was putting into her mouth in one bit. It's a tasting, not a food eating contest, taste the cake, small bite, appreciate the flavor and texture. She wasn't tasting anything, she was trying to get as much cake into her body in as little time as possible, there was no way she was appreciating what she was eating.

• Love 17
(edited)
11 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

It looked like she consumed the equivalent to 3, maybe 4 jumbo sized cupcakes at the "birthday cake tasting."  Was that really necessary? A tasting? For a birthday cake.  

Not only that, but she made the tasting all about her. She was remarking on what SHE likes.  Well, why does what she likes matter? The party, despite her trying to make it all about her, wasn't, it was for her parents. From that ridiculous flower thing in her head, fit for someone maybe 19-21 years old at the oldest, to the way she even had to hog 'The Glenn', she showed that she is soooo selfish and entitled and everything she orbits is about her, she's going to make things orbit her.  

Since she was picking out cake for her parents, wouldn't she know some are just not necessary to taste because mom would prefer this while dad is not a fan of that, etc.?  Did Babs get her Key Lime?!  Immediately thought of Babs with that and how pretty that green was on the cake. She thought 'tasting' meant 'cake buffet'.  How could you eat all of that and not be full nearly instantly, let alone not feel extremely sick? Then go home and binge on anything, even if it was a 'healthy binge'? (which sounds like an oxymoron, I know)

It's fitting she's dating Yukon Cornelius, because she had the mountain the Abominable Snow Monster lives on slopped right down her plate in the form of mashed potatoes, let alone everything else on the plate. As others have mentioned, she can yap about taking pics of her food but not do it? Nope, the real reason was what Twit said, she just doesn't want to show Will.  And I know Will  was going for easier convenience with his three meals approach, but he should have probably requested that Twitney snap a photo of everything she shoves into her maw, including liquids.  This show needs to do a 'secret eaters' episode and then sit down with Twit and show her exactly what she eats in a day/week/month, laying it all out on a table, ala Super Skinny/Fat style.

Also, it really burns me up that Twit turned what the comedian said into her not being validated as a person. First, she didn't do anything remotely close to invalidate her, she just wanted a martyr on her cross moment (we need the wood, Twit, step down!).  Second, doing what you want with a f- all attitude, at the expense of everyone around you and your own health as well, is not the same as validating yourself, only validating your horrible lifestyle choices.

I have seethed anger the last two episodes, I don't know that I can even hate watch any more.

The poster who said people take the path of least resistance with her (or likely, remove themselves from her life, I bet that happens frequently) I felt nailed this on the head. I know someone a lot like her, unfortunately, a family member, and everyone kowtows to her too. Ridic ridic ridic. SO tired of people like this in the world.

Edited by lallalla
left out part of a sentence! cant'z write! :D
  • Love 15