Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

I don't hate it but I don't know why the Mom in the Peppermint Patty commercial doesn't leave her daughter's stuffed animal out for her to find or give it to her husband so she can have a longer rest/relax time. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
14 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I hope not. I would have been dead if I did that to my mom. Definitely not be getting a new backpack or anything. Picking out a new backpack and school supplies every year was so much fun. 

I wouldn't have been dead, but my little ass would've been sore!

• Like 3

OMG, the Firehouse Subs ad where they're singing "hook and ladder, hook and ladder" over and over is driving me insane.  It might have been okay once or twice, but it plays at least once during every commercial break during every show I've watched today.

• Like 3
On 8/18/2024 at 7:14 AM, dleighg said:

what I hate about that ad is that a guy I've always thought of as nice uses his position as a weatherman to send everyone home from the beach so he can have it by himself. How obnoxious!

Plus he costs the ice cream guy a bunch of sales.  Although I never thought Al Roker was all that nice.

18 hours ago, Browncoat said:

OMG, the Firehouse Subs ad where they're singing "hook and ladder, hook and ladder" over and over is driving me insane.  It might have been okay once or twice, but it plays at least once during every commercial break during every show I've watched today.

OMG, I hate that commercial!  I hate to song, the guy "singing" it can't sing and worst of all, it gets stuck in my head for hours whenever I see the commercial.  Plus, I don't think their subs look all that good either.

• Like 3

I still hate the Nutrafol commercials. My main complaint is that everyone in the commercials male or female has beautiful hair and a lot of it.

Why aren't there any before and after pictures? This stuff is expensive. $88/month. That's nearly $1100 per year. One man says he's been a customer since 2022.

If dermatologists recommend it, can you get insurance to help pay for it. Of course not

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1

I asked my dermatologist about Nutrafol while I had a visit for another reason. She recommended it with the following caveats: 1) it's expensive; 2) the pills are large - she described them as "horse pills"; and 3) it takes about 3 months to see results. She said that over 80% of people who use it see positive results.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, tres bien said:

I still hate the Nutrafol commercials. My main complaint is that everyone in the commercials male or female has beautiful hair and a lot of it.

Why aren't there any before and after pictures? This stuff is expensive. $88/month. That's nearly $1100 per year. One man says he's been a customer since 2022.

If dermatologists recommend it, can you get insurance to help pay for it. Of course not

i use a topical minoxidol that i get 3 months worth for about $30 at walmart. who can afford this other stuff?

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

I hate the stupid Coffee Mate commercial where the woman claims to be the biggest coffee lover.  Her cocky attitude and what I call is a resting Bi*ch face just rankles me.  I have a sign. Do you have a sign. 

Now, don’t get me started with the Pfizer commercial with all the people laughing their ass’s off.  The sounded like rabid monkeys.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Now, don’t get me started with the Pfizer commercial with all the people laughing their ass’s off.  The sounded like rabid monkeys

yeah, that laughter is NOT contagious to ME. I hate it.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I know it's Paul Simon's song to do with as he wants, but I hate that '
You Can Call Me Al' is being used on a BMW ad. Yeah, it features Al Roker, but seriously? What's next- 'Homeless' on a Zillow ad?

Next thing you know, Kay Jewelers will be using "Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes" in their ads. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 8/17/2024 at 2:16 PM, sempervivum said:

I know it's Paul Simon's song to do with as he wants, but I hate that '
You Can Call Me Al' is being used on a BMW ad. Yeah, it features Al Roker, but seriously? What's next- 'Homeless' on a Zillow ad?

Didn't the original video for the song feature Chevy Chase?  Al Roker, even if misbehaving weatherman-wise, is a big step up from that.

• Like 7
20 hours ago, meep.meep said:

Didn't the original video for the song feature Chevy Chase?  Al Roker, even if misbehaving weatherman-wise, is a big step up from that.

no!  chevy makes that video!

• Like 2

If I am having a shitass day and the only remedy is to get some Mike’s hard lemonade, what I absolutely do NOT need is two chuckleheads debating whether my day was bad enough.  If you don’t give me my drink without judgment, your day is about to get way worse than mine was.

• Like 9
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I loathe the Clorox commercial where the kids are throwing salami at the refrigerator.   The mother just stands there like it's an OK thing to do, and says nothing.     

Yeah, I'd make those brats  eat that fridge-salami as a lesson.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5

It's so dumb that a 10ish yr old would look out the window of the car he's in passing another car on the road and say "is that All Roker"? What genius wrote that

• Like 8
12 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Yeah, I'd make those brats  eat that fridge-salami as a lesson.

I remember when on Real Housewives of NJ Caroline's kids were playing "the ham game," they threw it on to the cabinets, I think the Clorox writers watch RHONJ.

• LOL 7

As if there aren't enough precocious, annoying, entitled kids blasting us with back-to-school commercials, I have to endure a particularly precious darling yelling "Real School" about nine times in one ad. September can't some soon enough.

• Like 3
(edited)

And what's with Secret all over body deodorant. These women are always smearing it on their thighs.

In one commercial the woman's doing this while out hiking. I don't know but if it's me I'm using Off

Edited by tres bien
  • LOL 10
4 hours ago, tres bien said:

And what's with Secret all over body deodorant. These women are always smearing it on their thighs.

In one commercial the woman's doing this while out hiking. I don't know but if it's me I'm using Off

Because the Lume lady has people convinced their whole body smells.

• Like 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, Aqua said:

Because the Lume lady has people convinced their whole body smells.

Yep. Some time ago in a post I crowned her the most putrid spokesperson on TV

It's so unhealthy to feed on women's insecurities and body shame them into believing it's not normal to smell like a human 

If there is an underlying problem then please seek medical help

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 12
On 8/22/2024 at 11:53 AM, Tom Holmberg said:

Mike Lindell, the pillow fellow, shaved off his mustache to sneak into the DNC and got into a fight with a 12-year-old.

And the 12-year-old won.

• Applause 4
  • LOL 19
29 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

And the 12-year-old won.

He didn't just win though, he obliterated the idiot that is mike lindell.  If anyone hasn't seen this clip it is well worth looking up, unless of course you're a lindell fan.

• Like 11
14 minutes ago, Shrek said:

He didn't just win though, he obliterated the idiot that is mike lindell.  If anyone hasn't seen this clip it is well worth looking up, unless of course you're a lindell fan.

I watched that clip, and man did Mike fall into a trap. He must not spend any time with 12 year olds because arguing with a confident preteen is always a losing proposition. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5

“I’m going incognito, I’m going to be shaving my mustache everybody,” he said in a video shared by Bergquam on Twitter. “You won’t recognize me.”

All he would have to do is hide that big-ass cross hanging around his neck - no one would recognize him without it.

• Like 8
56 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

All he would have to do is hide that big-ass cross hanging around his neck - no one would recognize him without it.

Or put a pillowcase over his head.  Oh, wait, that probably wouldn't work.

• Like 3
  • LOL 13
1 hour ago, Prevailing Wind said:

“I’m going incognito, I’m going to be shaving my mustache everybody,” he said in a video shared by Bergquam on Twitter. “You won’t recognize me.”

No one except a 12 year old.

On 8/24/2024 at 3:30 PM, tres bien said:

That would be more useful.

• Like 5
On 8/24/2024 at 5:30 PM, tres bien said:

Inner thigh or outer thigh? Because I can see the need to put something on my inner thighs to provide some slip and soothe the irritated skin. Though I do prefer Megababe for that kind of stuff or wear something long enough to fully encase each thigh to prevent the chub rub.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Because I can see the need to put something on my inner thighs to provide some slip and soothe the irritated skin.

But it's not a moisturizer or a bug repellant- it's a deodorant! Even if the hiker's thighs were sweaty/stinky (doesn't she try to sniff them at one point?) who cares? Does she fear offending the squirrels or something?

Different topic/annoyance- the public service ad urging people to get the RSV shot, with a bunch of idiots laughing hysterically. It goes on and on. Also most of them sound like they already have asthma or emphysema, but maybe that's the point?🤔

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Different topic/annoyance- the public service ad urging people to get the RSV shot, with a bunch of idiots laughing hysterically. It goes on and on. Also most of them sound like they already have asthma or emphysema, but maybe that's the point?🤔

The point of the ad is that RSV is infectious, just like laughing. It makes my husband start laughing when it comes on. It reminds me of one of my favorite scenes in Mary Poppins when they start laughing and float up to the ceiling. 🤣

• Like 2
(edited)
On 8/15/2024 at 2:12 PM, proserpina65 said:

Webster's is wrong, imo.  Milk is secreted by the mammary glands of a mammal.  Anything else is an emulsion.  I don't care what the non-diary "milk" industry calls it.  Like I said, it's a personal hang-up of mine.

You and comedian Lewis Black (and me too). This, from one of his classic routines. Note: NSFW.

https://dai.ly/x36quik

11 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Inner thigh or outer thigh? Because I can see the need to put something on my inner thighs to provide some slip and soothe the irritated skin. Though I do prefer Megababe for that kind of stuff or wear something long enough to fully encase each thigh to prevent the chub rub.

I use Arm & Hammer Friction Defense. It goes on like a deodorant stick. It's relatively cheap and really works.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

In response to increased reckless driving and deaths resulting from it, Connecticut has come out with this public service ad. Too bad it actually makes reckless driving look appealing. What they need to do is show someone's head split open that died from reckless driving. Do these people have one ounce of common sense?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

In response to increased reckless driving and deaths resulting from it, Connecticut has come out with this public service ad. Too bad it actually makes reckless driving look appealing. What they need to do is show someone's head split open that died from reckless driving. Do these people have one ounce of common sense?

Yeah, that's crazy. Not one bad thing happened from that aggressive driving. The driver just cut through like he was playing a game of Frogger and probably got where he was going faster.  Sure, I think the "game over" was supposed to signify a crash, and maybe  a death, but way too subtle.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
On 8/22/2024 at 9:30 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I loathe the Clorox commercial where the kids are throwing salami at the refrigerator.   The mother just stands there like it's an OK thing to do, and says nothing.     

I think she is going to give them hell for it after the commercial ends, and make them clean it up. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I think she is going to give them hell for it after the commercial ends, and make them clean it up. 

Except at the end of the commercial mom is cleaning the mess. Nothing for the kids to clean.

• Sad 5

I am getting so sick and tired of mostly women who can’t pronounce the letter T if it’s in the middle of a word. The Imprint commercial with a girl says “for certain”, but it comes out cerin.  It’s just lazy speech, and it needs to be pointed out to them.  There was another commercial, I can’t remember what it was for, but the girl kept saying mouain instead of mountain.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Aqua said:

Yes, I believe this is called a "glottal stop." and it's used among the ignorant.

But sometimes it's necessary - that's what the apostrophe is for in Hawai'i.

(But I still don't understand what "For Imprint Certain?" means.)

Edited by Prevailing Wind
  • Like 4