Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, ctlady said:

Methinks that Dr. Klingman, as an obgyn, has had her share of not-so-aromatic nether regions while performing routine checkups and that pushed her to make Lume.  Plus her line about doctors prescribing unnecessary antibiotics to women who are experiencing constant stink in said nether regions is not exactly true.  Look, there's "I've been working in the yard all day in 90 degree weather and can practically wring out the crotch of my pants like a sponge" stink that comes from natural activity such as that - no matter how well you shower, spray and powder the areas in question.  And then there's a constant, persistent foul smell that indicates an infection where Lume is only a band aid, but won't treat the cause. 

And, especially since 2020 and people comfort eating during lockdown, I can't believe the number of ladies I've seen wearing leggings/yoga pants - even in the dead of a 90 degree heat wave. They're becoming the norm over jeans or cotton cargo type pants so I wouldn't be surprised if there were a rise in yeast infections, bladder infections or even the perpetual stink.

I haven't been this grossed out since the last time I saw Angela on 90 Day Fiance.

• LOL 4
11 hours ago, ctlady said:

And, especially since 2020 and people comfort eating during lockdown, I can't believe the number of ladies I've seen wearing leggings/yoga pants - even in the dead of a 90 degree heat wave. They're becoming the norm over jeans or cotton cargo type pants so I wouldn't be surprised if there were a rise in yeast infections, bladder infections or even the perpetual stink.

I think leggings allow everything to breathe... I may or may not be a 100-degree-weather-leggings-wearer.  

• Love 3

I was watching an episode of NCIS where the agents bust into a parked van and found a computer hacker that had been working non-stop for days. Her BO was so bad they recoiled. The first thing that popped into my head - now there's someone who could use Lume! Say what you will about the Lume commercials, they make an impression. 😂

• LOL 8

I would not let that half witted child bring his fish on vacation.

How is that water not sloshing all over the child and the back seat of the car? Plus, Bettas hate other fish. So going to an aquarium would not thrill a Betta.

I love cats, but I would not take one to the zoo to see the lions and the tigers.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I think leggings allow everything to breathe... I may or may not be a 100-degree-weather-leggings-wearer

I have to disagree with that.  The reason leggings my main winter go-to is because they cling to my legs, thus keeping them warmer whereas cold air tears right through cotton pants and even denim.  Loose fitting clothes are cooler.  When I see ladies wearing leggings so tight they look about to bust, it's fertile ground for something even Lume can't fix

12 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Plus, Bettas hate other fish. So going to an aquarium would not thrill a Betta

This reminds me of the commercial where the father brings his daughter to visit a zoo and she's dressed in a tiger costume standing in front of the plexiglass separating her from a Bengal.  I really don't know if animals can process that it's not a real tiger

• Love 2
18 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I would not let that half witted child bring his fish on vacation.

Especially in that fishbowl! How does it not spill? Do they leave it in the car to boil during rest stops? It's almost as bad as that mentally disabled child emptying a syrup container a foot above her plate.

Edited by Gharlane
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
On 8/10/2022 at 2:47 PM, peacheslatour said:

I've hated Molly Shannon ever since she played that armpit smelling weirdo on SNL.

For me, it was Kristen Wiig as Gilly.  I almost skipped Wonder Woman 1984 because Kristen Wiig is in it.  I can't not see Gilly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I love cats, but I would not take one to the zoo to see the lions and the tigers.

I would have thought smell would be a big clue for the cats, but my mom brought home a plush kitty and her cat was scared of it and then tried to beat the crap out if it, after giving it numerous growling warnings.

• LOL 7

I’ll add that the Medicare commercial with Joe Namath is preferable because at lease the background is plain blue (even though I fast forward through them), unlike Jimmie Walker’s which have his pictures as JJ and the show’s title. So narcissistic.

• Love 2

I only saw the JJ Walker Medicare commercial for a long time, now Joe Namath's is back, and the one where the women who all look alike are auditioning for a commercial, and the one that I guess is for Medicare with various people raving about how good the plan is.   I'm sick of all of them.   

Then, during one of my TV judge shows, they always show the My Pillow, Slippers, etc commercial a few times during the hour, but the other day they showed it three times in the same commercial break.   I found that bizarre, and irritating. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’ll add that the Medicare commercial with Joe Namath is preferable because at lease the background is plain blue (even though I fast forward through them), unlike Jimmie Walker’s which have his pictures as JJ and the show’s title. So narcissistic.

I assumed that was a fake (greenscreen?) background made by people who wanted to be sure you knew that was Jimmy Walker.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

unlike Jimmie Walker’s which have his pictures as JJ and the show’s title. So narcissistic.

It's more pathetic.  They need to remind the audience who the heck he is.

8 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Just when you thought fame wh*re Mike Lindell had run out of things to hawk...

Still with the prominent cross.  Fortunately for me I don't watch any channel that allows his commercials.

• Applause 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Still with the prominent cross.  Fortunately for me I don't watch any channel that allows his commercials.

His belief in his faith doesn’t bother me - just as seeing someone wearing a Star of David or wearing a head covering doesn’t. I personally applaud him for standing up and surviving the ‘cancellation culture machine’. Although I get tired of seeing the commercials so repetitively, just like the MediCare ones, I don’t begrudge anyone making a living, regardless of their beliefs or politics. I’m considering getting the 2 for 1 pillow 

14 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I much prefer Namath and Shatner to JJ. While I dig JJ, the way he says “muneeeeee” grates and his pronunciation of “nowwww” sounds like a feral, angry cat 

• Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

This is true and more accurate. Even as I was typing narcissistic, it didn't sound quite right.

If I have to see someone on my screen, even if I'm fast forwarding, gimme Joe Namath.

Thank the TV GODS I've been spared from that asshat Pillow lunatic.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

His faith doesn't bother me.  But his merch is overpriced,  so he has to appeal "save me from the cancel culture. "

Well,  that, and the fact that his Midwestern accent plucks my last good nerve.

• Applause 2

The first guy on this commercial for Youth Advocate Program, which can be viewed Here confuses me.  Not to be insensitive if he did, but did he suffer a stroke, and now has facial paralysis?   I hope so, because otherwise, why does he just talk out of one side of his mouth?  It is bizarre and I find the commercial irritating.  Especially because a couple of the channels that I watch seem to play it multiple times in one break!

Edited by Miss Bones
Couldn't embed video
  • Applause 1

Okay - I can’t hold back any longer. The chick in the Chevy Silverado commercial needs to be slapped and left behind.  Really - she just had to smear her  muddy handprint on the window?  That seemed like a passive aggressive move because the guy didn’t want to let their mud caked butts in his clean car. And I don’t blame him. If it were me, they all would be peddling home!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ctlady said:

Okay - I can’t hold back any longer. The chick in the Chevy Silverado commercial needs to be slapped and left behind.  Really - she just had to smear her  muddy handprint on the window?  That seemed like a passive aggressive move because the guy didn’t want to let their mud caked butts in his clean car. And I don’t blame him. If it were me, they all would be peddling home!

I just saw that one and had the same thought. The driver in his nice clean truck is doing these folks a favor by picking them up, and the woman deliberately wipes mud on the window? "Unlock the door!" How about at least putting down a towel on the seat so ya'll don't get even more mud everywhere than you have to?

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ctlady said:

I much prefer Namath and Shatner to JJ. While I dig JJ, the way he says “muneeeeee” grates and his pronunciation of “nowwww” sounds like a feral, angry cat 

I have a theory - he probably signed a contract for multiple commercials and after making one, realized how awful & annoying they are, so he's trying to be as obnoxious as possible so he gets fired without getting sued for breach of contract.

• Like 1

The Kraft Peanut butter commercial.

So girl falls in love online. Flies to Paris. Has an incredible night. And in the morning is peeved that a) he doesn't have any PB and b) he doesnt know what it is.  Then flies back home and is seen in the end eating Kraft PB in her empty apartment. 

The whole thing is just dumb.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

The Kraft Peanut butter commercial.

So girl falls in love online. Flies to Paris. Has an incredible night. And in the morning is peeved that a) he doesn't have any PB and b) he doesnt know what it is.  Then flies back home and is seen in the end eating Kraft PB in her empty apartment. 

The whole thing is just dumb.

That's ridiculous, I mean who in the hell eats Kraft PB ?

• Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I have a theory - he probably signed a contract for multiple commercials and after making one, realized how awful & annoying they are, so he's trying to be as obnoxious as possible so he gets fired without getting sued for breach of contract.

unfortunately it didn't work to get the awful commercial pulled

• LOL 1
On 8/4/2022 at 1:42 PM, Gharlane said:

Gwyneth is selling a candle on her snake oil website that allegedly smells like her vagina. I think she recently added one that smells like her orgasm.

I envy all the people replying that they had no idea about Paltrow's cooch candle. I wish I could restore your innocence. 😃

On 8/5/2022 at 5:35 AM, cynicat said:

Since we're on the subject of genitalia, the Uqora commercial for UTIs annoys me.  She says "I had eight UTIs in a year" and then her partner Spencer looks at her with a big smile.  

Wash your fucking dick, Spencer.

https://www.tvcommercialad.com/watch/rxoNaf3edk3ogRT 

Every time I see that ad I think, "Are you two screwing at the city dump?!"

On 8/9/2022 at 6:51 PM, millennium said:

The Ziegfeld Follicles.

That's some elegant shit right there. I salute you.

Edited by marceline
  • Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Apparently, it's labelled as Kraft in Canada, Planter's in the US.  If you look for Kraft PB on Amazon, the labels are bi-lingual for the bi-lingual Canadians.

Planters made peanut butter? We're talking about Mister Peanut, right?

Is English one of the languages on those bi-lingual Canadian labels? 😉

4 minutes ago, marceline said:

I've found a new set of commercials that drive me crazy: ibotta. I hate this thing.

I flove Ibotta! The part with the little girl makes me think of Scrooge McDuck's version of butakke. 

I scrolled a bit and didn’t see this one mentioned: Kleenex commercial. Small child is playing and… let’s just say there’s quite a bit of nasal discharge. Parent looks over, sees it, and recoils in horror when said child wipes his nose with his shirt.

I did NOT need to see that at all, but especially not while eating breakfast.🤢

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
On 8/10/2022 at 2:18 PM, Tom Holmberg said:
On 8/10/2022 at 2:05 PM, Kimmmmmm said:

I don't know if this has been covered, but I loooaaaatthhe Molly Shannon... never once found her funny... and that commercial she does where she says "the lendahs came to Linda" make me want to rip out her vocal cords

"Linda" does a poor job with the accent.  The other woman does a bettah job.

I'm not Italian but grew up in Brooklyn.  I find those commercials SO offensive and stereotypical. And on a shallow note, Molly is aging horribly. Don't watch those spots on a big screen HD television, you may have trouble sleeping at night.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 4
  • LOL 3
6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

"I really, really want women? To be part of what I see as a revolution in finance? Right now." What the hell kind of sentence structure is this?

It sounds?  Like, so childish?  But I really, really want you?  To sign up?  For whatever this nonsense is I'm pushing.

I hate her ridiculous cadence with the fire of a thousand suns.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 8/12/2022 at 7:04 AM, Miss Bones said:

The first guy on this commercial for Youth Advocate Program, which can be viewed Here confuses me.  Not to be insensitive if he did, but did he suffer a stroke, and now has facial paralysis?   I hope so, because otherwise, why does he just talk out of one side of his mouth?  It is bizarre and I find the commercial irritating.  Especially because a couple of the channels that I watch seem to play it multiple times in one break!

And don't forget the part where he says something about previously being involved in criminal activity but he is NOT a criminal! 

• Thanks 1

Hilton ad where family doesn’t get adjoining rooms, so the parents and the kids yell at each other across a courtyard.  Umm, so why didn’t the mom take one room with one or two of the kids and dad the other with the rest? Or, hear me out, get a rollaway and all sleep in one room.  And if they did decide to go with the kids across the courtyard, why aren’t they just talking on their cellphones? I find this ad annoying on so many levels.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
On 8/13/2022 at 8:52 PM, Winston Wolfe said:

I'm not Italian but grew up in Brooklyn.  I find those commercials SO offensive and stereotypical

I thought it was more of a New Joisy accent.  Sounds just like how my brother's second wife tawwked.  And as a full blooded Italian, it doesn't bother me.  I think Goodfellas made Italians look worse than this commercial.  Hub and I actually get a hoot out of it and try to come up with more words that end in 'da' for fun.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, 2soon2tell said:

Hilton ad where family doesn’t get adjoining rooms, so the parents and the kids yell at each other across a courtyard.  Umm, so why didn’t the mom take one room with one or two of the kids and dad the other with the rest? Or, hear me out, get a rollaway and all sleep in one room.  And if they did decide to go with the kids across the courtyard, why aren’t they just talking on their cellphones? I find this ad annoying on so many levels.

It's hyperbole - done to the extreme to make a point. Not meant to be taken literally.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, chessiegal said:

It's hyperbole - done to the extreme to make a point. Not meant to be taken literally.

Doesn’t make it any less annoying.  I don’t think I’m supposed to take all the parents adding cheese to their meals after a child acts so bratty they would have been punished in my house literally, either, but I can still find the commercials annoying.

• Applause 2
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

And don't forget the part where he says something about previously being involved in criminal activity but he is NOT a criminal! 

Yes, that part is rich too. 😄  the NOT is so confident for someone that broke the law!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Miss Bones said:

Yes, that part is rich too. 😄  the NOT is so confident for someone that broke the law!

Didn't the band the Killers write a song "I've done crimes but I'm not a criminal". No wait, their song was "I've Got Soul But I'm Not a Soldier". 

And my guess is that guy didn't have a stroke. His face is most likely paralyzed from the results of him "not being a criminal". 

Glad he's doing something positive with his life.

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Didn't the band the Killers write a song "I've done crimes but I'm not a criminal". No wait, their song was "I've Got Soul But I'm Not a Soldier". 

And my guess is that guy didn't have a stroke. His face is most likely paralyzed from the results of him "not being a criminal". 

Glad he's doing something positive with his life.

😄  

I do just hope the facial--err, situation--is involuntary.

• Wink 1
On 8/11/2022 at 11:51 AM, ctlady said:

This reminds me of the commercial where the father brings his daughter to visit a zoo and she's dressed in a tiger costume standing in front of the plexiglass separating her from a Bengal. 

What bugs me about that commercial is you see the kid wearing the tiger costume (I think it's footy pjs) for the entire trip.  It probably smells terrible by the time they get to the zoo.

I agree with everything said about the stupid fish commercial.  I hate that commercial because it's so freaking nonsensical.

On 8/12/2022 at 9:30 AM, ctlady said:

His belief in his faith doesn’t bother me - just as seeing someone wearing a Star of David or wearing a head covering doesn’t.

What bugs me about his cross is that he's made such an effort to make it noticeable.  He could put it on a longer chain and wear it outside his shirt, but instead he has it on a short chain and yet has to have the cross hanging outside his collar in a really awkward manner.  It's Christian theater more than a profession of faith, imo.

On 8/12/2022 at 9:30 AM, ctlady said:

I personally applaud him for standing up and surviving the ‘cancellation culture machine’.

The corporations which previously carried his products made business decisions to stop doing so because they knew they'd lose money on his overpriced crap - just like a thousand other decisions they make all the time.  And the channels which no longer carry his commercials made that decision because he stopped paying for the commercials.

On 8/12/2022 at 10:42 AM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I just saw that one and had the same thought. The driver in his nice clean truck is doing these folks a favor by picking them up, and the woman deliberately wipes mud on the window? "Unlock the door!" How about at least putting down a towel on the seat so ya'll don't get even more mud everywhere than you have to?

I'd tell them to sit their muddy asses in the back.

• Applause 1
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I agree with everything said about the stupid fish commercial.  I hate that commercial because it's so freaking nonsensical.

It's not so nonsensical, but unrealistic.  In the real world, by the time the kid got to the aquarium the fish would be floating belly up.  (In reality no parent would let a kid bring a goldfish bowl on a car trip.)

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Tom Holmberg said:

It's not so nonsensical, but unrealistic.  In the real world, by the time the kid got to the aquarium the fish would be floating belly up.  (In reality no parent would let a kid bring a goldfish bowl on a car trip.)

Another commercial using hyperbole.

• Love 1