Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

I feel I should point out that I have a paper bag full of hot sauce packets from Del Taco. Every time I stop at the drive-through there they give me at least 4 times as many of them as I'll need, and I have a compulsive need to save them. One of these days I'll probably just empty them all into a bowl and use it as salsa.

My brother!!!!! This is so me too!

(I take it you're a dude from your screen name.)

• Love 2

I always ask the local restaurants not to include plastic utensils and condiment packets with my delivery orders, but nine times out of ten, they do.  So I wind up with a collection of them that I don’t need but don’t want to throw away (wasting usable things makes me twitchy).  If I don’t have anything else for the local food pantry at the time, I post them on Freecycle, and they’re always snapped up.

I've never heard of this!. That is a great idea not to waste usable things. Awesome. Who pays the postage if the things are free? Or maybe the postage is not much IDK.

• Love 1

Bratinella, sorry I wasn't clear in that I cant stand the commercial where elderly are kidnapping doctors. You see them chasing them using their scooters and walkers, and you see them tying them up. It's such a bad commercial, I can't even remember what it's for. Not a good thing when the actions in the commercial outweigh what you're trying to sell.

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 2

Augh! I commented on this when this damn ad first appeared last year. I was appalled that they resurrected it. Why, Milky Way, would you put out an ad that is essentially saying that eating Milky Way makes you stupid?

Gah!  And the attitude on tattoo bitch!

"Regerts?"

"I was eating a Milky Way?" Snot

• Love 4
I've never heard of this!. That is a great idea not to waste usable things. Awesome. Who pays the postage if the things are free? Or maybe the postage is not much IDK.

There is no postage, because Freecycle is local; you pick up/drop off in person.  You can go to the Freecycle website to see if someone has established a group for your city/neighborhood.

• Love 5

"Regerts?"

Is the youth of America going to be like this now?  She sets my blood boiling!  And I can't imagine giving ANY lip to a man that size!  And, besides, it is HER JOB!

• Love 2

I haven't seen an ad with old people kidnapping doctors.  Sounds horrendous.

sounds like doctors who need to work out if they can be run down by 1 mph scooters......I'm just saying....doctor...heal thyself!

• Love 2

People being asshats.

https://youtu.be/VI7EOIYSf9E

This commercial was fine right up until the end.  I just met my new neighbor and apparently she is some weirdo that takes my coffee and flings it all over herself and onto my driveway.  Bitch, do I know you?  You owe me a coffee, and I'm gonna need a restraining order to keep your weird ass 100 feet away from me at all times.

So this basic bitch doesn't understand basic math and HE gets half of his pretzel taken away?  Again, bitch, do I know you?  If you can't get a person to understand they are getting 50% more by saying "you get 15 for the price of 10" they are clearly not EVER going to get it no matter how many pretzels you have.  And not for nothing, but if that bitch ever tried to part me from any part of my Wetzel's Pretzel we would be fighting....or a funnel cake for that matter.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 6

This commercial was fine right up until the end.  I just met my new neighbor and apparently she is some weirdo that takes my coffee and flings it all over herself and onto my driveway.  Bitch, do I know you?  You owe me a coffee, and I'm gonna need a restraining order to keep your weird ass 100 feet away from me at all times.

No kidding, I'd be like, you owe me nine dollars for that coffee!

• Love 5

"Regerts?"

I like to think that the commercial ends with the customer taking her tattoo needle away from her and tattooing "idiot" on her forehead.

• Love 3

I like to think that the commercial ends with the customer taking her tattoo needle away from her and tattooing "idiot" on her forehead.

I'd love to see that ending.

Isn't that tattoo bitch from one of the incarnations of "Rock of Love"? She reminds me of one of those dim, skanky bulbs, maybe Daisy?

• Love 2

I've been seeing an ad on Hulu for Best Buy lately that really gets under my skin. A father and daughter are working on making a volcano explode for her science fair project. It fizzles and they both look upset. Dad gets the idea to go to Best Buy and purchase a flat screen TV to show a video of a volcano exploding and the judge is loving it. I can't think of a single teacher of mine who would have accepted that as the exhibit. Way to teach your daughter that you can just buy your science project, Dad. 

• Love 8

The ads for GE where the guy gets a job as a developer and his stupid friends and stupid parents act like this is the worst job in the world make me want to throw things at my TV.  

I hate stupid people.

• Love 7

So this basic bitch doesn't understand basic math and HE gets half of his pretzel taken away?  Again, bitch, do I know you?  If you can't get a person to understand they are getting 50% more by saying "you get 15 for the price of 10" they are clearly not EVER going to get it no matter how many pretzels you have.  And not for nothing, but if that bitch ever tried to part me from any part of my Wetzel's Pretzel we would be fighting....or a funnel cake for that matter.

I'm disappointed in Lily. She's usually a lot nicer than that. Leave the man's snack food alone!

Also, there's a new ad for a car where the dad goes out to buy one for his daughter to celebrate her graduation or something, only he decides he likes it so much that he keeps it for himself, bringing the girl a dog home instead. I mean, the puppy is cute and all, and I know not every would want a car they had no say in buying, but seriously. I was waiting for his wife to kick him in the kneecaps or something.

• Love 4

I hate that commercial so much, and not just for her snotty attitude.  Since the tattoo is on his arm, why wasn't he watching the whole time?  He had to wait until the end to look at it?  Also, how long has she been eating a Milky Way?  She seems to be taking the first bite.  Does she eat Milky Ways constantly?  If so, can't we blame her inability to tattoo the correct word on blindness from extremely high blood sugar?  So many questions, all based on pure, unfiltered hate. 

• Love 5

There is a documentary about the commercialization of the pink ribbons.  Its on NF, and it sounds very interesting, though I haven't gotten around to watching it. 

It's amazing what people will buy (fucking disgusting Yoplait) just because there is an association with breast cancer prevention/cure.  I mean in a grocery store where a consumer has a million choices, people will really just go for the one with the pink ribbon so its a huge marketing boon.....but how much of that money actually goes to the cause?

Not much. At all!

I've come to dread October b/c of that pink nonsense.

There's this new ad that I was going to post under the "head scratchers" forum but it has since pissed me off. It's for some sort of Ebay knockoff called LetItGo (DAMN YOU, FROZEN!) with people desperately clutching onto a prized possession of theirs. In the first one, it was a bowling ball while hanging on for dear life over a cliff with his second hand, now there's a second person losing a game of  tug-of-war with an alligator over a sleeping bag. I think there's a third but I've blocked it from my memory. Is this site for hoarders? Where did the buyer suddenly appear from? Why do they want these items? Argh, it just pisses me off.

• Love 4

I no longer buy or eat Yoplait, even in the pink lid month. When I did buy, eat and send in lids, years ago, I read the tiny print and the maximum going to the charity was $50,000. Yes, fifty thousand dollars max. I thought that was pitiful. Don't know if it has changed since then.

• Love 3

It's a very petty reason, but I hate the breast cancer awareness campaign because I don't like the color pink in general, but I utterly loathe the shade of electric pink the NFL uses.  Every year I wince and wait for November.  (And I also hate the campaign for the usual reasons mentioned by other people.)

• Love 6

And it's all about how it is marketed - every October, the local medical center sends a big pink motor home to our company offering free breast cancer screening - our health unit makes a big deal of it, and everyone things it's great.  But I offer free breast exams, and I end up talking to Human Resources...

• Love 17

There's this new ad that I was going to post under the "head scratchers" forum but it has since pissed me off. It's for some sort of Ebay knockoff called LetItGo (DAMN YOU, FROZEN!) with people desperately clutching onto a prized possession of theirs. In the first one, it was a bowling ball while hanging on for dear life over a cliff with his second hand, now there's a second person losing a game of  tug-of-war with an alligator over a sleeping bag. I think there's a third but I've blocked it from my memory. Is this site for hoarders? Where did the buyer suddenly appear from? Why do they want these items? Argh, it just pisses me off.

These commercials are for a smartphone app called letgo and yes, the commercials are horrible! One involves a woman stubbornly sitting on her bed staring at a pair of red hooker heels in her closet while her house is going up in flames. Meanwhile, there's also a living cat sitting on her bed.

• Love 4

These commercials are for a smartphone app called letgo and yes, the commercials are horrible! One involves a woman stubbornly sitting on her bed staring at a pair of red hooker heels in her closet while her house is going up in flames. Meanwhile, there's also a living cat sitting on her bed.

That one truly enrages me!  Not funny, LetGo!

• Love 6

And she's pregnant too!!!

• Love 6

And she's pregnant too!!!

I haven't seen this one yet. Is the woman or the cat pregnant? Not that it matters, because it's still a terrible idea for an ad campaign.

Also, the Big Lots broads are back, singing and dancing their way straight to Annoyance Land. They're making me hate Christmas, and it isn't even the middle of November yet.

• Love 5

Between the faux-French lady, the hitman-like guy in the suit and such,Yoplait finds it difficult to make ads that are neither disturbing nor obnoxious, like this one:

"PULL THAT PEACH!!"

Who wants their company associated with employee mistreatment?  If she spoke to me like that I'd have told her to get the peaches her damn self.

Edited by InDueTime
  • Love 4

I wish I'd been able to listen in on the meetings where the people responsible for marketing Yoplait caught on to the fact that their product (I'm not calling that stuff yogurt) was seen as girly and how they settled on the current ad campaign. They're definitely pitching it to a wider customer base now.

• Love 3

I haven't seen this one yet. Is the woman or the cat pregnant? Not that it matters, because it's still a terrible idea for an ad campaign.

The woman is pregnant.  The house is in flames.  The cat is sitting on the bed beside the woman.  The man is standing with a box, exhorting the woman to leave, but she can't, because she's mesmerized by the shoes.  The man says, "But you've never even worn them!"  She replies, "That's the point!"  He takes the picture, posts it to LetItGo.  LO AND BEHOLD, a couple swoops in, the woman swipes the shoes, and they disappear.

So my questions:

How the fuck can the buying woman swoop in and take the shoes, when the original owner couldn't?

Why didn't the owner just get up and take the shoes and leave?

Are pregnant women incapable of carrying shoes out of burning buildings?

Or is the cat somehow significant to her inability to take the shoes with her?  She's not carrying anything but the child in her womb.  She's got arm room for both the shoes and the cat.

I really just don't get it.

• Love 5

Adding yet another yogurt commercial to this thread. I don't know if it was Yoplait or Oikos, but it was the one with the roided up guy whose stomach his making noise until he eats the yogurt and says "Now I feel better."

You what the only I hate more than yogurt commercials? Yogurt commercials involving ones bodily functions! MAKE IT STOP!!!!

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 3

Ffs.  Taco Bell is not a steak house.

Neither is Arby's, but their sauce on good steak commercial still works.

How the fuck can the buying woman swoop in and take the shoes, when the original owner couldn't?

She is being carried by a fireman and she looks like she could and will rock those hooker shoes. Birthday suit style for the fireman.

Edited by Watcher0363
  • Love 4

Adding yet another yogurt commercial to this thread. I don't know if it was Yoplait or Oikos, but it was the one with the roided up guy whose stomach his making noise until he eats the yogurt and says "Now I feel better."

My daughter saw this ad and thought he felt better because he farted.  Which made me laugh.  Our collective household sophistication is on par with 11 yo boys.

• Love 8

The woman is pregnant.  The house is in flames.  The cat is sitting on the bed beside the woman.  The man is standing with a box, exhorting the woman to leave, but she can't, because she's mesmerized by the shoes.  The man says, "But you've never even worn them!"  She replies, "That's the point!"  He takes the picture, posts it to LetItGo.  LO AND BEHOLD, a couple swoops in, the woman swipes the shoes, and they disappear.

So my questions:

Why didn't the owner just get up and take the shoes and leave?

Are pregnant women incapable of carrying shoes out of burning buildings?

Or is the cat somehow significant to her inability to take the shoes with her?  She's not carrying anything but the child in her womb.  She's got arm room for both the shoes and the cat.

I really just don't get it.

I don't think that commercial is meant to be taken seriously, it's just saying that some folks can't let go of their stuff, no matter what....that is unless someone offers you the right price.  But you're right, those commercials are a bit much.

• Love 3

OMG THIS MAKES ME STABBY! It's the one in which the parents present the daughter with a gift box. They remove the top and it's a little puppy. The kid has a non-reaction and says with the lisp, "uh.. I meant huth puppitheez from Captain Deeethz.." (hush puppies from Captian D's) Then  they rush out to the restaurant, leaving the puppy in the box at home; The kid strokes the Capt. D's hush puppy and says,  "Awww can we keep him?" it makes me want to puke.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 5

OMG THIS MAKES ME STABBY! It's the one in which the parents present the daughter with a gift box. They remove the top and it's a little puppy. The kid has a non-reaction and says with the lisp, "uh.. I meant huth puppitheez from Captain Deeethz.." (hush puppies from Captian D's) Then  they rush out to the restaurant, leaving the puppy in the box at home, she strokes the hush puppy and says,  "Awww can we keep him?" it makes me want to puke.

I haven't seen this yet and it already makes me want to puke. >^..^<

• Love 6

The premise of someone having to be cultured in order to drink Nespresso sounds ridiculous.  Seeing George Clooney attempt to make Danny DeVito cultured is even more ridiculous.  Just buy the freaking thing and drink Nespresso in your dirty underwear. 

Edited by pandora spocks
  • Love 6

The premise of someone having to be cultured in order to drink Nespresso sounds ridiculous.  Seeing George Clooney attempt to make Danny DeVito cultured is even more ridiculous.  Just buy the freaking thing and drink Nespresso in your dirty underwear. 

I am vaguely amused by Danny DeVito dressed as Napoleon, though.

• Love 4

OH EM GEE!  The HandeeBra!  Have you guys seen this thing?  It's a pouch that hangs down under your bra. It's so handy, why you can keep your credit cards, passport, lipstick and EVEN a pen in it!  Can't you just see yourself standing at the check out at Rite Aid and the cashier says "o.k., that'll be $37.40" and you reach up under your shirt and start rooting around, looking for your credit card, going "Gee I know it's in here somewhere...just let me take off my shirt for a sec....."

• Love 12

OMG THIS MAKES ME STABBY! It's the one in which the parents present the daughter with a gift box. They remove the top and it's a little puppy. The kid has a non-reaction and says with the lisp, "uh.. I meant huth puppitheez from Captain Deeethz.." (hush puppies from Captian D's) Then  they rush out to the restaurant, leaving the puppy in the box at home; The kid strokes the Capt. D's hush puppy and says,  "Awww can we keep him?" it makes me want to puke.

I don't hear the lisp until very end, when she says, "Deeeeth" with her protruding tongue.  The rest of the time, to me, she sounds like she's speaking normally.  It's a very cute box & a very cute doggy.  I'll take 'em, they can go eat their fast food fish.

• Love 3

I know we covered our distain for Strudel boy, IIRC, the blonde weird scary kid by the window with whatever accent he was supposed to have. There is another one in which some kid has crammed what looks like 2 strudels stuffed into his mouth with his cheeks hardly able to contain them. It is just gross imo.

I was not intending to  knock any child with a lisp. I just hate that commercial and she is part of it.

Why do kids have to be cast with what seems cute ways of speaking like Cah-woe-wine (Caroline) in the dating things commercial? Anyway, is it weird hush puppies girl only lisps on the D's part?

Edited by ari333
  • Love 4

OH EM GEE!  The HandeeBra!  Have you guys seen this thing?  It's a pouch that hangs down under your bra. It's so handy, why you can keep your credit cards, passport, lipstick and EVEN a pen in it!  Can't you just see yourself standing at the check out at Rite Aid and the cashier says "o.k., that'll be $37.40" and you reach up under your shirt and start rooting around, looking for your credit card, going "Gee I know it's in here somewhere...just let me take off my shirt for a sec....."

Thirty plus years in the supermarket business, money in the bra use to be pretty big in the late seventies and early eighties. Once had a male cashier tell me you have to love the bra money. They are just bringing back old school money security. If someone pick pockets your bra money. Then thou truly is a loose woman. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

• Love 5