Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

One thing about the Osmonds that I noticed is that they have always been authentic. They seem to be true to their religion all the while existing in the real world. Can't say that about the Duggars and Bates.

I saw Ben's whole family there in LA for the run...I wonder why Jessa has gone completely off social media? I didn't think Jana could go by herself.

• Like 8
52 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I saw Ben's whole family there in LA for the run...I wonder why Jessa has gone completely off social media? I didn't think Jana could go by herself.

Because of Shiny Happy People?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

Is Fern two years old? Even if she isn’t five round trip tickets are not cheap. At least they get free lodging and food. 

Did they fly commercial?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

Is Fern two years old? Even if she isn’t five round trip tickets are not cheap. At least they get free lodging and food. 

Fern will be two next week, so she could technically still be able to be held on someone's lap.

• Useful 4
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

Did they fly commercial?

AR to CA in one of their puddle jumpers is way too long a trip. I don’t think the Duggars still own the 12 seater. And no pilot in those pictures. 

Nathan Bates has a six seater but he’s currently using it. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
(edited)
23 hours ago, SMama said:

I must say that it’s refreshing to watch a video where the kids are not asked every five seconds if they are excited. Also, not a single YAY! Felicity is a chatty girl, I hope they enroll her at least in private school. Real private school not McArthur’s proposed mess.

Felicity will definitely go to MacArthur’s school, I’m sure Jeremy has managed to get it for free or really reduced because he’s a suck up. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jessa is pregnant again, probably why we didn’t see her really in the video. 

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • Like 10
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, FizzyPuff said:

Felicity will definitely go to MacArthur’s school, I’m sure Jeremy has managed to get it for free or really reduced because he’s a suck up. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jessa is pregnant again, probably why we didn’t see her really in the video. 

It looks like Jessa has gained weight.  She’s probably pregnant.

• Like 5
  • Sad 9
  • Useful 2

What’s there to reduce? From what I read here it is going to be more of a co-op with the parents homeschooling 90% of the time.

• Sad 5
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

How can Jinger homeschool? She is barely literate/educated.

The same way Jill, Jessa, and Joy have, half assed. At least Rad Homie can help out, if interested. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1

probably why we didn’t see her really in the video. 

But they could have at least shown her face or from the chest up.  Maybe she didn't want even that, since, if she's pregnant, she may be afraid the weight gain will show in her face.  

• Like 3

There’s no longer a show to make a big announcement, so it’s stupid to hide if Jessa is pregnant. I doubt People is going to give them a cover since this would be their fifth child. 🥱 

Has anyone spotted Laura in the pictures or videos? 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, SMama said:

There’s no longer a show to make a big announcement, so it’s stupid to hide if Jessa is pregnant. I doubt People is going to give them a cover since this would be their fifth child. 🥱 

She may want to hide her pregnancy like Kendra and Lauren. She hasn't posted on SM for a few months, so it tracks. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, SMama said:

My thoughts exactly. Get over yourselves!

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4

Jessa got pretty beat up after her D&C video, then SHP happened. She's also been known to hold out announcing pregnancies until she's a few months in - because she just loves the speculation.

The boys were clearly shown in Jeremy's video so I don't think she's planning on shielding the kids. So who knows what she is up to.

• Like 9
  • Useful 3
On 7/11/2023 at 1:00 PM, zoomama said:

thank you for saying something nice about Donny. most people just make fun of him but he is really talented and actually a nice person. he didnt let me down!

Donny Osmond also has some pretty dope moves in Weird Al’s “White and Nerdy” video 😁

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, SMama said:

The race results did not have Laura as a contestant. Jing and her SIL finished together. Ben and Jana finished fairly close to each other 4- 5 minutes later.

• Useful 7

Who would have thought Jinger would have from this to this, to walking around CA in short running shorts and tank top? Its almost like watching someone acclimate to a foreign country.

image.png.259a321a1ff5a0110c90846bb7bef439.pngimage.png.f77297e076d3e7ba058c04cd27aed3bc.pngimage.png.3300a80179c8d2c01b1e44d798a23fb0.png

• Like 9
17 hours ago, SMama said:

Well, sure, they don't have a show now.  And back in March, during the previous big family visit, if you had told me that they had a chance of getting back on the air, I would have responded with a long, long post explaining the unlikelihood of that ever happening. 

That was March.

This is July.

WGA and SAG-AFTRA are now on strike, essentially shutting down worldwide production of nearly all original scripted material and at least some non-scripted shows. Hollywood still does have some stuff that's either unaired or in post, not to mention a vast backlog of second-run material, but I think the studios are still going to be in desperate need of something new, soon. 

Which largely leaves reality TV.

Whatever else can or cannot be said about the Duggars/Duggarlings/Duggar adjacents, they are not SAG-AFTRA or WGA. If this strike lasts for another two weeks or more*, I can certainly see a producer pitching a Duggar Aftermath show, and, unfortunately, yes, given the strike, I can see a studio agreeing to pick it up.

Presumably, Jeremy has been advised not to participate in any such thing and told that crossing picket lines will not go over well in L.A. Whether or not he'll listen to that advice is another question entirely, of course. But that won't be a consideration for the rest of the Duggars/Duggarlings/Duggar adjacents, and I can see a few of them - specifically, Jessa, Jed! and the Spiveys - doing what they can to generate interest/speculation and reality TV filming fees.

* I hope not.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Meh there are lots of other losers to base a reality TV show around that don't come with the Duggar baggage. This is also a post-Shiny Happy People world. I imagine the blowback and the scrutiny on them if they decided to rear their heads again would be even more brutal and intense than it would have been a few months ago. They're not going to agree to anything that isn't a softball, and I don't think anyone is going to pitch that after SHP. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 15
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, quarks said:

Presumably, Jeremy has been advised not to participate in any such thing and told that crossing picket lines will not go over well in L.A.

I'm pretty sure the strike doesn't affect reality shows.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I don't know much about it, but I found this L.A. Times article from a couple of month ago (bolding mine).  It looks like it's the producers who do the storyline writing:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2023-04-10/writers-strike-reality-tv-unions

What will we watch if a Hollywood writers’ strike once again rattles the television universe?

If history is any indication, there’s at least one answer: reality TV. And plenty of it.

Most of the producers who craft reality TV story lines are not affiliated with a union and will not be affected by a strike. The genre also tends to be cheaper and less time-consuming to produce than scripted TV, making it an ideal alternative during past work stoppages.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

49 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm pretty sure the strike doesn't affect reality shows.

Kinda correct. Since these shows are technically "unscripted," they are technically not affected by the WGA strike, although some reality show producers and pitch consultants and other associates are also WGA members and thus on strike.

But for the most part, reality TV shows are/were not affected by the WGA strike. That said, any reality TV show that features a SAG-AFTRA member - for example, America's Got Talent, which is hosted by a SAG-AFTRA member and features at least two other members - cannot film with those members, and those members cannot/will not do any promotional work for the show. So, between that and the production/consultant issue, some of them are affected.

This in turn affects the networks. ABC, for example, owns 8 of the television stations called "ABC." The other 230 television stations called "ABC" are independently owned and operated - and have paid/are paying ABC to provide original programming - not necessarily scripted, but original. And now, thanks to the SAG-AFTRA strike, Dancing with the Stars, Celebrity Jeopardy, and Celebrity Wheel of Fortune are also out, meaning that ABC can basically only offer their affiliates news and sports (which aren't free to produce) and maybe Bachelor in Paradise, which opens ABC up to potential legal action from those affiliates, since contracts prevent those affiliates from going elsewhere to find programming. Disney has pretty big pockets, but not infinitely big pockets.

As a result, Hollywood executives are absolutely, 100% looking for alternatives - and Hollywood folks, me absolutely included, are warning potential alternatives, like Jeremy, that working on any reality projects for these studios is absolutely considered crossing a picket line even for non-SAG members. I cannot imagine that most of the Duggars/Duggarlings/adjacents would care about that, but Jeremy from all appearances takes Hollywood and Hollywood fame very seriously, and I don't think he will want to jeopardize that. 

2 hours ago, Zella said:

Meh there are lots of other losers to base a reality TV show around that don't come with the Duggar baggage. This is also a post-Shiny Happy People world. I imagine the blowback and the scrutiny on them if they decided to rear their heads again would be even more brutal and intense than it would have been a few months ago. They're not going to agree to anything that isn't a softball, and I don't think anyone is going to pitch that after SHP. 

Well, sure, but from the Hollywood executive side most of those losers are probably not as camera-ready as the Duggars.  And presumably the Hollywood executive side is also looking at how well Shiny Happy People did by featuring just one Duggarling and a couple of adjacents.

And from the Duggarling side - the blowback from Shiny Happy People landed largely on Jim Bob, Michelle, Josh and to a certain extent Anna. Most viewers were fairly sympathetic towards Jill, Derrick, Amy and Amy's husband - several viewers even ended the documentary saying they liked all four of them.

Add in that the Duggarlings/Duggar adjacents are, for the most part, not exactly the most self-aware or humble sort of people, and I think it's at least possible that some of them - hi, Jed! - would assume that they will come off well in the next TV project as well. 

Again, just a few months ago I would have described any sort of Duggar project as a non-starter.  And my guess is that most of the Duggarlings/Duggar adjacents won't want to participate.  But under current conditions - the strikes, the success of Shiny Happy People - I can absolutely see a pitch for a limited six to eight part series, focused on a couple of the more fame or money hungry Duggarlings.

Jeremy, I'll consider that crossing the picket line. 

-- WGA member

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 10
1 minute ago, quarks said:

Most viewers were fairly sympathetic towards Jill, Derrick, Amy and Amy's husband - several viewers even ended the documentary saying they liked all four of them.

After the hissy fits Derick pitched about TLC, I don't think any other reality show would ever want to deal with him. He's shown himself to be a loose cannon who has no problem being very vocal about any complaints he has with the network. 

The Duggars still can't post anything on social media without their comments being inundated about Josh or the cult. That's not changing if they somehow stumble across something more high profile and indeed would likely chase away any potential partners. 

I may have to eat my words, but I think the Duggars' days of being reality stars are very over, strike or not. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 7
(edited)

I can't see Jill or Derick being interested in a reality TV show, whether a special, mini-series, or ongoing series.

My thoughts about some of the others:

Jessa would donate a kidney (preferably one of Ben's) to be on teevee again. She might even comb her kids' hair.

Joy would do it if JB told her, to unless Austin remains in possession of his gonads and cancels that idea. After what he learned during J'inmate's trial, I don't think Austin is a fan of his parents-in-law, and I don't think he ever liked being on camera anyway.

Jed! and Katey would 101% do it. He probably has wet dreams of being a featured regular in another TV series and she does whatever he says. He's awful but she's very telegenic so there's that.

JD and Abbie? Not sure. AFAIK their kids are cute and they seemed to have a nice couple vibe so I think the producers would go hard to sign them. 

Joe and Kendra: not sure how they feel about it. Throw enough money at them and they'd probably do it to support their ever-larger brood of kids.

Josiah and Lauren: probably not interested.

Jana's a mystery woman and boring AF but carried a lot of screen time in the past.

I have no insight into the howlers generally. Justin's in Texas which isn't convenient for shooting scenes. But his MIL would cut a b*tch to be on TV, so there's that.

BUT: What we need to remember is that Jill spilled some important tea in SHP. She said that after she and Derick pried her compensation out of JB's clutches, JB decided to give payouts to the other kidults. On the condition that they each sign an exclusive contract with JB's production company, Mad Family, Inc. Jill said the terms of those contracts were "forever." I'd like to think that Austin convinced Joy to nope out of signing, and who knows if Jana did,  but I bet the rest of them signed. ETA: Based on the bits of the Mad Family contract we saw on SHP, I think Mad Family exclusively represents each kidult who signed with them so the kidult can't go off and make a TV deal of their own. 

So any production company that wants to put any of those Duggar kidults back on TV? Has to go through JB. His production company has them all under contract. Moolah for JB. He just can't lose. I wonder what the terms of the kidults' contracts with Mad Family Inc. are. Can they refuse deals to appear on shows if Mad Family agrees to them? I would hate to think so.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 2
  • Useful 8

I think Jill and Derick would do it in a heartbeat. Derick said as much a few years ago and I think that still stands.

I agree with @Jeeves, Jessa & Jed would be first in line. As would James, Justin, Claire and yes, Hilaria. Jeremiah would because he is forever competing with Jed.

I'm not sure if Jinger and Jeremy would. Doubtful because they would have to walk back much of what they've said and written.

I can see Jana, JD and Abbie giving it a go if only to maybe attract a man or two for Jana.

I'm on the fence about Joy. But she does put out regular YTs.

Of course JB would want back in with the young Duggar crew.

I think Josiah and Joe would opt out.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Doubtful because they would have to walk back much of what they've said and written.

I don't think the Vuolos are strangers to hypocrisy, and I really do think Jeremy wanted to be a star moreso than any of the in-laws. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 10
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Jill and Derick would do it in a heartbeat. Derick said as much a few years ago and I think that still stands.

Except he didn’t have a law degree and was not employed as an Assistant DA then. Things have changed significantly for the Dillards. Jill still posts, but is Derick active on SM like he was pre law school?

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
21 minutes ago, SMama said:

Except he didn’t have a law degree and was not employed as an Assistant DA then. Things have changed significantly for the Dillards. Jill still posts, but is Derick active on SM like he was pre law school?

Derick was actually a pretty active IG poster during law school, but has slowed down since he now works fulltime. 

Derick is an evangelical who likes the limelight. I think he would find it very hard to say no to a TV opportunity. 

• Like 4

The Vs have a new vlog 

I am not sure when this was actually videoed.  It has a segment on the family doing climbing and then making pizzas.  I wondered if Jana has been there since the visit on the 4th with Jessa and Ben.  James and Jason are there as well as Jeremy's sister and husband (?).  The Vs get lots of family visits but they do seem to have fun with the siblings.  Wonder if any of them will give up the IBLP like Jinger? 

4 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

The Vs have a new vlog 

I am not sure when this was actually videoed.  It has a segment on the family doing climbing and then making pizzas.  I wondered if Jana has been there since the visit on the 4th with Jessa and Ben.  James and Jason are there as well as Jeremy's sister and husband (?).  The Vs get lots of family visits but they do seem to have fun with the siblings.  Wonder if any of them will give up the IBLP like Jinger? 

Jinger posted this as a picture on her IG in May.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

Sorry, then I don't know who that guy is hanging out with them.

No worries, I thought a wedding would have made it to their SM, especially since Felicity and Evangeline will most likely be flower girls.

I’m curious as to who I the guy in the light blue shirt and the older lady are. Good for Jinger taking on a fear and conquering. JB used to brag “those Duggar girls can do anything wearing a skirt.” Not rock climbing you dumb ass!

• Like 4
(edited)

I am not sure who she is either except she was in another video cooking with the Vs and Jill commented about her being there. So she seems to be known by other Duggars. 

Edited by auntieminem
  • Useful 1
On 7/14/2023 at 1:25 PM, Zella said:

After the hissy fits Derick pitched about TLC, I don't think any other reality show would ever want to deal with him. He's shown himself to be a loose cannon who has no problem being very vocal about any complaints he has with the network. 

The Duggars still can't post anything on social media without their comments being inundated about Josh or the cult. That's not changing if they somehow stumble across something more high profile and indeed would likely chase away any potential partners. 

I may have to eat my words, but I think the Duggars' days of being reality stars are very over, strike or not. 

SEVERELY over.

• Like 5