Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

To me there's a difference between grifters, a la JillR, and opportunists, a la Jeremy and JB. As of yet, to me anyway, Jeremy has not moved into the grifter column. I personally don't have a problem with folks optimizing certain situations for themselves, as long as its at no loss/cost to others.

Derick, IMO, has had one foot in the grifter column and one foot in the opportunist column since we have met him. He's now 6 months post grad and likely is running out of Jill's back pay. I'm curiously watching Derick may a go a real life and will curiously watch Jeremy, if that where his graduation puts him.

Yeah, I've noticed Jill's posts seem to feature Derick being home in the middle of the day. Is he not working at all? I understand studying for the bar is basically a full time job, but given Derick's wonky employment history I don't get any sense of urgency on his part. And for as much as he bitched about Jill's settlement being paltry, they've managed to fund law school and living expenses going on four years now. The Dillards don't live lavishly, but they don't seem to want for anything either. The payout couldn't have been too shabby....

• Love 9

I want to see if he passes the bar and if he can find a job in their local area.  The next three months or so are make it or break it for Derick.  

Jeremy?  He could go on to get his doctorate at the seminary and keep living off the good grace of the church if he doesn't happen to fall into a job that makes him happy er pays for his clothes and dining out.  

• Love 6

Just want to go on record saying suicide is only seen as selfish by assholes. Assholes who would rather someone live with pain and suffering so they, themselves, won't have to grieve.

With that said, most pain and suffering is temporary and/or manageable and I urge anyone dealing with suicidal ideation to reach out for help. The US national hotline is 800-273-8255. And most areas have local hotlines.

Oops, wrong thread.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 4
  • Love 9
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Just want to go on record saying suicide is only seen as selfish by assholes. Assholes who would rather someone live with pain and suffering so they, themselves, won't have to grieve.

With that said, most pain and suffering is temporary and/or manageable and I urge anyone dealing with suicidal ideation to reach out for help. The US national hotline is 800-273-8255. And most areas have local hotlines.

Thank you. This is the Jinger topic, but it’s troubling when anyone brings up the topic of suicide seemingly out of the blue. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Where is the suicide talk coming from?

From the Sweet Fellowship thread.  JRod's eldest son, Tim, posted a video to YouTube and said people who are suicidal are selfish.  More ignorance from the ignorant.

As for Jerm, I am sure he has something lined up.  There is no way he wants to leave SoCal, it seems clear he feels it is his destiny.  They were supposed to have that house for 6 months and they've now been there for going on 4 years.  Whatever else, he seems to have some skilz when it comes to acquiring the necessities of life with no effort or money on his part.  He has got to have a plan by now, graduation is only a few months away.

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

From the Sweet Fellowship thread.  JRod's eldest son, Tim, posted a video to YouTube and said people who are suicidal are selfish.  More ignorance from the ignorant.

As for Jerm, I am sure he has something lined up.  There is no way he wants to leave SoCal, it seems clear he feels it is his destiny.  They were supposed to have that house for 6 months and they've now been there for going on 4 years.  Whatever else, he seems to have some skilz when it comes to acquiring the necessities of life with no effort or money on his part.  He has got to have a plan by now, graduation is only a few months away.

Thank you.

21 hours ago, Absolom said:

Jeremy?  He could go on to get his doctorate at the seminary and keep living off the good grace of the church if he doesn't happen to fall into a job that makes him happy er pays for his clothes and dining out.  

omg you nailed it - I bet Jeremy goes on for his doctorate. Does this seminary offer such a program?

• Love 10
1 minute ago, ozziemom said:

No no he’s going to tell us what to buy! No sharing, just his highly sought out opinion.

Is that what he's going to charge $200 an hour for? Because all a Master's in Theology does is enable you to preach, teach, and speak, and he's exceptionally boring doing all three.

• Love 11
Just now, BradandJanet said:

I wish I could have found a doctoral program that required little more than just photographing my shoes and lunch sandwiches. Alas, I found no such opportunity. No free housing either. I feel cheated. 

You and me both! I actually had to write hundreds of pages of original research, go to class AND take comprehensive exams! What an injustice.

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

You and me both! I actually had to write hundreds of pages of original research, go to class AND take comprehensive exams! What an injustice.

Same. As well as rack up tens of thousands in loans. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I wish I could have found a doctoral program that required little more than just photographing my shoes and lunch sandwiches. Alas, I found no such opportunity. No free housing either. I feel cheated. 

Same here!

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if Jer is watching the Olympics. One guy has specially altered Nike sneakers. lol

image.png.55b83ac6404d1cb1e5935fe259fbb92c.png

That will be the push JereMe needs to go up north to find some ice to try them on. I’m sure he is already at work trying to grift his. That’s about the only work he knows how to do. 

• Love 4
Just now, Mindthinkr said:

That will be the push JereMe needs to go up north to find some ice to try them on. I’m sure he is already at work trying to grift his. That’s about the only work he knows how to do. 

I don't think he needs to grift them. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking the 'curling pads' are similar to taps on tap shoes, meaning they can be put on any shoe.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Curling shoes have a "sliding pad" on one foot and a "gripping pad" on the other.  That is why you see the players sliding but being able to stop when they want.  They also have a type of shoe cover that the players put on their shoes  when they leave the ice. Curling has become very popular in some areas.  There is a curling rink in my brother's town, and he does not live anywhere near any snow. (I think they got a very light dusting of snow about 40 years ago). I would not be surprised if major companies are making curling shoes.  

• Useful 11
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

5EBD2568-5A0F-41AA-AB8D-1B05EE2528F1.jpeg

First of all, that puzzle looks really interesting.

Second, yeah, I noticed that Jana appears to be making a lot of trips out to California lately (or if this is from the same trip that was previously posted). I am surprised that there aren't more Jessa/Jinger meet-ups (even virtually). It seems like Jana has been visiting the Vuolos more than anyone else lately.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

I have always thought Jana was Derek’s first choice but JB shifted him to Jill.

I could not see Jana interested in being dragged on a missionary while being pregnant and having to pretend to keep sweet. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I am surprised that there aren't more Jessa/Jinger meet-ups (even virtually). It seems like Jana has been visiting the Vuolos more than anyone else lately.

Possibly Jeremy discourages it. I don't think he's ever liked Jessa, going back to the time she "redecorated" his bachelor pad. He probably regards her as a bossy, sour-faced buzzkill. Plus, if she came out to California, she might bring Ben and I'm sure that Jeremy would regard socializing with him as torture. 

Jeremy probably tolerates Jana's visits because she can easily be posed for photos with Jinger and she knows how to make herself useful with child care and other tasks around the house.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Have Jessa and Jinger met Evie Jo or Fern in person?

Evie Jo was in that "girl cousins streak" picture by Anna at one of the weddings (Justin's?), and I think Jinger has definitely visited Arkansas in the past fifteen months, so everyone's met Evie Jo. It's possible Jinger hasn't met Fern yet, though.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Evie Jo was in that "girl cousins streak" picture by Anna at one of the weddings (Justin's?), and I think Jinger has definitely visited Arkansas in the past fifteen months, so everyone's met Evie Jo. It's possible Jinger hasn't met Fern yet, though.

The last time we can place Jinger in AR is at Jed!s wedding last April. When was Fern born? She's big for her age, but what, 8 months?