Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

What a smarmy douche.

IMG_6290.JPG

Does he not realize most people know Costi Hinn is a crook and a swindler? This won’t win him any points with Justin Peters as he has an entire sermon on Costi and Benny’s questionable beliefs and behaviors.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Does he not realize most people know Costi Hinn is a crook and a swindler? This won’t win him any points with Justin Peters as he has an entire sermon on Costi and Benny’s questionable beliefs and behaviors.

Well, a little check on Amazon shows that Jer's bigtime hero-that-he-aspires-to-be-one-day has written a foreword for at least one book co-authored by Costi Hinn....

"Defining Deception: Freeing the Church from the Mystical-Miracle Movement Kindle Edition

by Anthony G. Wood  (Author), Costi W. Hinn  (Author), John MacArthur (Foreword), J.R. Miller (Preface)"

https://www.amazon.com/Defining-Deception-Freeing-Mystical-Miracle-Movement-ebook/dp/B079Q766J3/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=costi+hinn&qid=1553870387&s=digital-text&sr=1-2-catcorr

So, just like Jer apparently doesn't believe those actually pretty shocking allegations in the WASC reports about the goings-on at MacArthur's enterprise, I guess he doesn't believe any allegations about CH either.  Because: John MacArthur -- good! Jer's nose: very very far up John MacArthur's butt. 

Interesting that he may not understand that being an uncritical admirer of one guy you're sucking up to can make you persona non grata with another guy you're sucking up to (Peters).....

Another plot point that makes me wonder how smart he really is, even when it comes to sucking up. It's hard for me to see why anybody in their world -- especially a young nobody-type anybody who desperately wants to rise -- wouldn't just stay mum when it comes to the Hinn family. Seems you'd at least realize that you shouldn't wade unnecessarily into big controversies. ...

Of course, he got to put a picture of himself on social media -- with a book -- so I guess in his case that would outweigh any other considerations.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
21 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

"Defining Deception: Freeing the Church from the Mystical-Miracle Movement Kindle Edition

by Anthony G. Wood  (Author), Costi W. Hinn  (Author), John MacArthur (Foreword), J.R. Miller (Preface)"

Sounds like old John wants Hinn's rubes for himself. Megachurch ain't gonna pay for itself.

Amazon suggested "The Power-And-Love Sandwich: Why You Should Seek God's Face AND His Hand", which actually sounds interesting compared to these other two books - if only for the name.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Anyone else find it hilarious that the book he’s shilling is an expose on ministries making money by bilking believers out of love offerings?

(I have no clue how to put an accent on the second “e” in expose. Mea culpa.)

Exposé. There ya go!

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

But you didn't tell us how

What's the magic word?

press control & ' & e  - outlook etc and you get é

or you can press ALT and type 0233 while ALT is held down and you get    é

Edited by jukie
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

But if you are on a Mac, it is "Option e + e"

Thanks! I was thinking it was going to be something specific to the webpage program this site uses.... not, you know, typing. Duh! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 4
14 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Thanks! I was thinking it was going to be something specific to the webpage program this site uses.... not, you know, typing. Duh! 

It is a highly specialized secret. I am a professional. Do not try this at home!

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

It is a highly specialized secret. I am a professional. Do not try this at home!

Oh! Now this is very important because I run a volunteer group that sells donations. I always use "10 for $1" for our final sales because I can't figure out the cent sign. Help me please, how do I make that elusive cent sign???

• Love 1
On 3/26/2019 at 3:22 AM, JoanArc said:

I just can't see a spinoff working. Mom, Dad, and one baby. They have no friends, you can only film so much of his job, and she can only provide so much material. The baby is cute, but again, only so much can be filmed. The Bevuolo Hilibilly plotline only carries an episode or three before getting old. I guess having their families visit in waves is kind of entertaining? I'm thinking one season max, if it happens. Wait until Jer doesn't bring in the intended younger demo to the church. I'm sure 'God' will quickly lead the church to someone else.

Jer should ask Der what moving your family to an exotic new locale and ministry does for your reality TV career!

The Laredo house would be a good rental for any of the other-marrieds. It's a good escape house. Except Josh. 

Well, the current show has lasted for years with less interesting plot lines than this.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

Oh! Now this is very important because I run a volunteer group that sells donations. I always use "10 for $1" for our final sales because I can't figure out the cent sign. Help me please, how do I make that elusive cent sign???

Hey, hey, I know this one!

There's one in the Symbols menu.  On a pc, you put "Currency symbols" in the "subset" box at the top and you'll find a cent symbol in there somewhere. Then you just insert it. That's a mess of funny-looking symbols and the cent symbol's kind of funny-looking too, so you have to look hard to find it. (or at least I do)

I expect there's some keyboard shortcut for this, but of course I have no idea what it is!

1 hour ago, Almost 3000 said:

Let me get on my desktop and I will share the information with you. Apparently my iPad does not allow me to share classified info with you. Stay tuned... 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Hey, hey, I know this one!

There's one in the Symbols menu.  On a pc, you put "Currency symbols" in the "subset" box at the top and you'll find a cent symbol in there somewhere. Then you just insert it. That's a mess of funny-looking symbols and the cent symbol's kind of funny-looking too, so you have to look hard to find it. (or at least I do)

I expect there's some keyboard shortcut for this, but of course I have no idea what it is!

When in doubt, I just open up a browser, Google some version of it ("symbol for currency"; "Euro sign", etc.); and highlight-copy-paste the resulting version from the browser into my word processing program.  Copy-paste is your friend!  I've received attachments at work, formatted in such a way that nobody can do anything with them if they need a printed copy on paper, like Uber and Etsy receipts; I just highlight "all text", copy, and paste into MS Word.

• Love 3

Jinger is advertising the Susie Spurgeon book on Instagram. She also posted an IG story receiving Audrey Roloff's new book and merch in the mail. I know for sure TLC is already plotting a crossover with the Vuolos and the Roloffs as soon as they move to California. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Amazon suggested "The Power-And-Love Sandwich: Why You Should Seek God's Face AND His Hand", which actually sounds interesting compared to these other two books - if only for the name.

It sounds even more interesting, albeit weird and gross, if you read it really fast the first time and what you see is "The Power-And-Love Sandwich: Why You Should Seek Suck God's Face AND His Hand." I think I saw it that way because we were talking about Jer being a suck-up so it made some kind of sense in context?

• LOL 8
37 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jinger is advertising the Susie Spurgeon book on Instagram. She also posted an IG story receiving Audrey Roloff's new book and merch in the mail. I know for sure TLC is already plotting a crossover with the Vuolos and the Roloffs as soon as they move to California. 

To be called something like, "Soooo Much Holier Than Thou"? 

ETA:

Fun fact: the book kind of brings the Duggar Religious Adjacents all together. It's published by the Moody Publishers -- owned by Bin's Moody Bible Institute -- and the Foreword is by Albert Mohler, pres of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary -- so, Der's denomination comes into the mix. (Mohler's one of those Calvinist Southern Baptists, which I used to think was weird. But now there are a lot of them. Der seems to lean at least somewhat that way, too, just like the other two holy adjacents.)     Maybe it's a sign of the apocalypse or something.   ;  )

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, Lunera said:

This book comes or should come with the matching coffee mugs out of which Jeremy and his dad were drinking. Also Jinger seems to be good internet friends with Audrey Roloff. This is not the first time they've communicated publicly on-line. I agree TLC might try to film them together. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Lunera said:

Smart.  The Roloff's are still very popular.  And TLC must appreciate that a member of the Duggar clan is opting out of slagging off another channel family for a change, and appears to be teaming up instead.    

• Useful 1

If Jessa has a girl and names it Susie I’ll scream.

That cufflink shot screams douche.

Why do these people always make me want to scream? 

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I was looking through JereMe's Instagram and he started following a bunch of mens fashion pages. 🙄

Screenshot_20190330-171055_Instagram-720x1232.thumb.jpg.d9eb8324577ae462c9420db17f9f0e44.jpg

Screenshot_20190330-171027_Instagram-720x1232.thumb.jpg.44a816d8b4fd1e635cc383d45afa9546.jpgScreenshot_20190330-170940_Instagram-1080x1848.thumb.jpg.b996350606fb44f29f4073a6d551ac43.jpg

Screenshot_20190330-170850_Instagram-720x1232.thumb.jpg.51e760e9cdd338af3ea7914e41b0bac7.jpg

Boy, when I said he obviously had high hopes for his life in California, I guess I didn't know the half of it. Looks like he figures to upgrade his wardrobe at the same time as his basic cost of living doubles..... He really must know where somebody buried a body. 

Whence will come this major influx of cash? Hard to believe he's just browsing all these clothes with no plans to buy....

Handmade in EU?!!

16 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

If Jessa has a girl and names it Susie I’ll scream.

That cufflink shot screams douche.

Why do these people always make me want to scream? 

Maybe they do it on purpose....  ;  )

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

Jeremy does like really nice clothes. If he were to get into a scandal, he seems more like the type of guy who gets into, for example,  an embezzlement scheme than another Josh.  As a Christian (Heathen Catholic), my religious upbringing taught me not to care too much about fancy clothes, although I do like to occasionally get dressed up and look good. I also to some extent understand that clothes are part of celebrities' jobs.  YMMV, but he's still too worldly for a religious leader to me. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Jeremy does like really nice clothes. If he were to get into a scandal, he seems more like the type of guy who gets into, for example,  an embezzlement scheme than another Josh.  As a Christian (Heathen Catholic), my religious upbringing taught me not to care too much about fancy clothes, although I do like to occasionally get dressed up and look good. I also to some extent understand that clothes are part of celebrities' jobs.  YMMV, but he's still too worldly for a religious leader to me. 

He isn’t a “religious leader” yet. He WAS a pastor of maybe a dozen people in Laredo, and is now nothing but a lowly student.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

Smart.  The Roloff's are still very popular.   

I don't really follow the Roloffs, but isn't the general fan consensus that Audrey is a pretty self absorbed, not-so-great person and that she and Jeremy are the bottom of the Roloff couples? If Jinger really wanted to make it a PR move she'd buddy up to Tori (and Zach) who seem to be much more adored.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, McManda said:

I don't really follow the Roloffs, but isn't the general fan consensus that Audrey is a pretty self absorbed, not-so-great person and that she and Jeremy are the bottom of the Roloff couples? If Jinger really wanted to make it a PR move she'd buddy up to Tori (and Zach) who seem to be much more adored.

What I know about the Roloffs is what I catch in a headline online. I believe Jeremy and Audrey quit the show. Apparently they're marriage experts with a book and podcasts.

And yes, from what I've read, Audrey makes Jessa and Jeremy V look humble.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

He isn’t a “religious leader” yet. He WAS a pastor of maybe a dozen people in Laredo, and is now nothing but a lowly student.

I'm still waiting to see any statement from Jer that seems pastorlike to me. But I expect I wait in vain. 

Their God is a jealous and angry god. So I guess He prefers preening and being supercilious to the things like altruism and humility that seem like the top virtues and pastoral obligations to me. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Totally said:

Every time I think Jerm can’t admire himself more than he already does...he proves me wrong

Tosser

Did he take this photo of himself in the mirror or did Jingle have to do it? 

If somebody asked me to photograph them like this I'd be laughing so hard I'd never get a focused shot. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Boy, when I said he obviously had high hopes for his life in California, I guess I didn't know the half of it. Looks like he figures to upgrade his wardrobe at the same time as his basic cost of living doubles..... He really must know where somebody buried a body. 

Whence will come this major influx of cash? Hard to believe he's just browsing all these clothes with no plans to buy....

Handmade in EU?!!

Maybe they do it on purpose....  ;  )

My guess would be that he signed up for something like Stitch Fix or Nordstrom's Trunk Club, where this is one of the things they ask for ("do you have any style aspirations?  add them to your Pinterest/other account to give your stylist some ideas").

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Hmmm. Just found this on Wikipedia about the seminary's affiliated "The Master's University." -- 

"Curtis Lewis, head coach of the women's soccer team, won the NAIA Women's Soccer Coach of the Year award in 2008. In 2009, Jim Rickard won the NAIA Men's Soccer Coach of the Year award.[16]"

Wonder if there's an upcoming opening on the soccer staff that Jer figures he can fill? (or that he's been promised he can fill...)

Back when he went to San Antonio, he said he'd been led to a place where the Lord knew he could bring Him glory as both a preacher and a soccer player. ....Maybe that's the message again. 

(fulfilling his true destiny as a Holy Goalie) That makes way more sense than fulfilling it as a preacher, I would think. 

Just now, Churchhoney said:
Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Temperance said:

I don't follow the Roloffs either. @Absolom How do their ratings compare with the Duggars?

The Roloff ratings are usually somewhat higher.  We'll have to see how this season goes with the loss of Jeremy and his family plus dragging on with the sell the farm theme.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

The Roloff ratings are usually somewhat higher.  We'll have to see how this season goes with the loss of Jeremy and his family plus dragging on with the sell the farm theme.

Thank you!

12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

So I never bothered to read the Instagram comments regarding the move until last night. I was absolutely dying with fits of laughter over all the people who "feared" for Jer and Jingle's safety along with warnings that they'd be targets for extremists. I'm sorry, but are they moving to California or a Taliban stronghold in the Middle East? 

Maybe that's the angle Jeremy will play to get love offerings? "We're too scared to leave the house, send designer suits!".

In the case of Jinger and Jeremy, the "extremists" they are more scared of are gays, lesbians, liberals, people who went to college and can actually think for themselves, and people who are not narrow minded, ignorant, bigots who can only think one way aka their way of thinking.

I also remember when Smugs thought he was in danger because he was a "celebrity" in D.C. His lies and nasty, dirty little secrets and his hatred and beliefs got him in trouble. Watch out Jeremy! The same thing could happen to you.

23 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

So I never bothered to read the Instagram comments regarding the move until last night. I was absolutely dying with fits of laughter over all the people who "feared" for Jer and Jingle's safety along with warnings that they'd be targets for extremists. I'm sorry, but are they moving to California or a Taliban stronghold in the Middle East? 

Maybe that's the angle Jeremy will play to get love offerings? "We're too scared to leave the house, send designer suits!".

Equally scary is the fact that it's pretty likely someone would send them. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8