Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Me too Churchhoney! Then again, have you ever heard a guy who doesn't hold some pretty disturbing views of women and "their place" applaud his future bride for being "meek".

Funny how fundie guys are never complimented for their meekness. Last time I checked the Beatitude wasn't "Blessed are the meek wives for they will be complimented in the media" and yet...

Bingo.

He lost me at "meek" too -- and since it was much worse than I'd heard either Derick or Bin utter early on, with regard to their beloveds or women generally, I admit that I've not been inclined to give him the benefit of much doubt. I do get the hope, though. Because who wants to think that a guy of his age is like this?

3 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I'm not sure those stairs are even real. 

THey do look oddly two-dimensional, don't they? And yet there's that shadow up there. Strange picture altogether.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, DOBABYR said:

IMG_8589.JPG

Jer is using this pic on his "public figure" FB page (legit). But I agree, that staircase looks fake. It's like a fundie glamour shot, only three decades late.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Bingo.

He lost me at "meek" too -- and since it was much worse than I'd heard either Derick or Bin utter early on, with regard to their beloveds or women generally, I admit that I've not been inclined to give him the benefit of much doubt. I do get the hope, though. Because who wants to think that a guy of his age is like this?

THey do look oddly two-dimensional, don't they? And yet there's that shadow up there. Strange picture altogether.

He lost me at "meek" too. And "willing to sacrifice. . . .  "

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Bingo.

I think it's a flat cut-out...so the stairs and everything are just two-dimensional but the shadow is cast because the banisters have the actual negative space between them.

• Love 5

I feel that I may have defrauded myself, nope that definitely is not it. Maybe I defrauded Jeremy - nope.

Well anyway, I scrolled up to check out the pic and noticed my cursor (like most, in the shape of a hand) was resting right on Jeremy's penis. 

Maybe I should shower?

• Love 10

Oh and about the background in the picture. Many moons ago I created backgrounds and painted logos, etc for a bunch of nonprofits for local TV ads. This is before instant printing of anything imaginable was available/affordable. If a background needed dimension we would paint a shadow, or whatever into the picture. It could be a backdrop.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Is it an article of faith that Fundy couples shalt dress matchy matchy? 

I guess I'm not a speshul snowflake then.....  My husband (of only 27 years, so what do I know about marriage?) and I have never ever done the matchy matchy thing.   The closest we have ever come is going to professional football games and we both wear our team's gear.  And we don't even match those.....  :(   Guess I need to pray more.

• Love 7

Can't the Duggars and their spouses clean themselves up for a professional photograph? The non-Duggars in the wedding planning group managed to look nice. The Duggars look like they either just rolled out of bed or came from cleaning the barn. 

• Love 4

Seriously, was it really necessary to bring half the free world on a dress buying trip for Jinger? I can see Jinger, Michelle, Jessa and Jana going. Everybody else served no purpose and could've stayed at home. It's not like Jill and Joy have any clue on fashion or style, they look like they barely run a comb through their hair once a week. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

Who the fuck and why the fuck are all these people there at a bridal store.

My thoughts exactly.

So bizarre.  Too many people! 

The women could've stayed and let all the men go get lunch.  Meet up later. 

Guess they all needed some cash and wanted a guest spot on the show?  (Does everyone filmed get a check?)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Can't the Duggars and their spouses clean themselves up for a professional photograph? The non-Duggars in the wedding planning group managed to look nice. The Duggars look like they either just rolled out of bed or came from cleaning the barn. 

What the heck is Joy wearing?  Looks like a robe to me.  Couldn't the guest of honor wear something nicer since she is the bride?  I'm tired of those buttoned down shirts.  Jill had a light blue one that she constantly wore pre-wedding.  IIRC, she wore it to her bridal fitting too.  At least Jill  has flip-flops on in this picture, unfashionable as they may be.

I think weight gain is a huuuuge possibility for anybody who marries a duggar girl. I can guarantee you that if I ate tater tot casserole or spaghetti every night, I would become twice my size! Everyone's metabolism is different, and some people are able to eat sodium-rich convenience foods while maintaining their waistline, but the majority of people are not. Apparently Derick falls into the first category, though...

• Love 3
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Seriously, was it really necessary to bring half the free world on a dress buying trip for Jinger?

Her dress is already picked out....it can be seen in the mirror behind Jessa & Bin. Must be an accessory-picking trip or a reenactment (ugh).

5 hours ago, Barb23 said:

What the heck is Joy wearing?  Looks like a robe to me. 

With a stupid modesty panel hanging out from under it.

10 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I just can't get past the D-hair....all disgusting and bordering on Warren Jeffs Cult length and style.

Bin looks even more  doofus-y than usual, if that's even possible. And he was probably the one cleaning the barn.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the succulent tree in the Jinge/Babe pic. It's managing to survive someplace where it seems pretty cold (NJ??).

Edited by drafan
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Who the fuck and why the fuck are all these people there at a bridal store.

Thank you.  What is happening in this picture?  What are they doing, why did they bring the little ones, and what is the purpose of taking a posed picture in a bridal shop?  Everything about this picture confuses me greatly.

• Love 5

Well, since half the people in that picture aren't Duggars or Duggar sycophants, I assume they're dress shop staff, and that the Duggars got VIP treatment. Ole Renee was humblebragging all over social media in the days preceding the wedding, and unlike the shopkeepers who sold Jill and Jessa their dresses, actually showed her face on camera in the wedding episode. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Absolom said:

One of Jill's dress ladies was in the episode talking to Michelle at the after party or was that a Duggar published video?

The after party was all home videos or stills. None of the shenanigans at the Duggar compound made the TLC cut. We didn't even know there WAS an after party until the Dauer woman's pictures were discovered and posted all over the interwebz. It was through those pics that we first saw the tinfoil dress, LONG before the wedding episode finally aired in November Sweeps. 

The Ava Laurenne manager (name long forgotten) did live-tweet during Jill's wedding episode and was on the dress shopping episode, but she wasn't anywhere close to being the famewhore that this Renee person is. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

I wonder if Jinger will end up like Alyssa Bates where she's closer with her in-laws rather than she is with her own family. She does look very happy in the brief glimpse I saw of her in the video. I'm not sure what they're doing in real time, but she doesn't seem to be pining away for the TTH. Early days, I know, but so far so good. 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder if Jinger will end up like Alyssa Bates where she's closer with her in-laws rather than she is with her own family. She does look very happy in the brief glimpse I saw of her in the video. I'm not sure what they're doing in real time, but she doesn't seem to be pining away for the TTH. Early days, I know, but so far so good. 

Run, Jinger, run. Jizm Bob has nothing to offer you and never did.

• Love 1

And that "succulent" tree they were standing in front of? Identified as being at the Longwood Garden Conservatory outside of Philly. It appears that someone else gave the Christmas sermon last Sunday in Laredo. Make of that what you will. You'd think a lead pastor would be on hand to preach the (arguably) most important sermon of the year. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
On 12/26/2016 at 0:01 PM, anna0852 said:

I'm not touching the pants comment but I took the alcohol one to simply means drink in moderation, which really is a pretty innocuous thing to say. And fairly practical, if you figure that most of his audience are folks that haven't drunk before and are therefore at higher risk for binging.

I'm shocked he said that. Most of these people won't even go to Rite Aids or Pizza Hits where beer is available, let alone let alcohol enter their homes or touch their lips. They believe Jesus turned water into grape juice, etc.

Also - I don't think he knows what the word Liberty means.

• Love 8

Also spotted at the Academy of Music in Philly. Jinger got herself some nice opera glasses, presumably in Sydney (sorry, pic is too large to upload). 

eta: The Nutcracker is playing through the weekend, so I'll assume that's what they saw there. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Also spotted at the Academy of Music in Philly. Jinger got herself some nice opera glasses, presumably in Sydney (sorry, pic is too large to upload). 

eta: The Nutcracker is playing through the weekend, so I'll assume that's what they saw there. 

You think Jinger was defrauded by the codpieces of the male ballet dancers?

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

You think Jinger was defrauded by the codpieces of the male ballet dancers?

Yes, I most definitely believe so!

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Vuolos going all secular Christmas on us. 

I enjoyed the organ but don't get the randomness of what they post!

• Love 1

She probably saw them and wondered what was wrong with every other man she'd ever seen! LOL I can only imagine Jeremy explaining codpieces to her after they got home that night. It's not like she'd ever even heard of a jockstrap and cup. It's not like they're going to talk about that when they go to Arkansas games. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, awaken said:

Yes, I most definitely believe so!

I enjoyed the organ but don't get the randomness of what they post!

I don't either, but if you can, get a gander of the song list. It's ALL secular! I guess the Duggar kids thought this one was funny because they sped up the pace of the song? Because otherwise where's O Holy Night or Little Town of Bethlehem, etc? Do the Duggars really want us to believe they sing these songs at their house? Because, uh, no they don't. 

• Love 2

Had a brief look at the video, WHO uses his mobile in a CHURCH?????? I'm truly shocked. How irreverent and disrespectful. And did he ask others if they mind being in it?

The one good thing is that he seems to have a sense of humour. Bah.

• Love 1

They aren't in a church. They are at Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square Pennsylvania listening to Christmas music with their organ player. It's a beautiful place and their Christmas displays are very popular and something we go to most years (but not this one). It sounds like they took in some of the traditional Philadephia area Christmas sights!

• Love 15