Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Lol @ your comment!  Now...can you tell me wtf I'm looking at here?  What is the stuff inside the taco shells?  It's making me gag, for real.

Thank you!  I was afraid to ask because I thought I was the only one that had no idea.  Honestly it looks like cat food jammed into a choco taco shell.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CarolMK said:

I would love to see Jeremy and Jinger live independently of the Duggars. Even if Jim Bob offers them a house and job, I have a feeling Jeremy knows that he wants to remain independent and will just say "no thanks". 

This is the first time I remember in all of the courtships that I haven't heard anything about Jinger and Jeremy saving their first kiss for their wedding day.

Oh my goodness you're totally right about the first kiss thing. Usually the couples talk about setting their own rules and then end with saving the more physical aspects for marriage including their first kiss. Jinger and Jeremy have said the same thing but they have left off the kiss part 

• Love 1

I think one of the tabloids said they'd said they're saving their first kiss for the wedding.  I bet they've kissed...he's handsy and they frontal hug and walk arm in arm...they'll save the Humpty Dance since he has to set a pastor's example, but they've swapped spit.

Ew, I just grossed myself out...swapping spit didn't sound too gross to me until Boob said it.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 2

Jinger is infatuated with this guy.  If Jeremy said to jump off a bridge, she would do it because she feels all hot and bothered, which is probably the Holy Spirit, right? 

I think security is pretty tight on these two so maybe they haven't kissed?  But I did notice they have not mentioned saving the first kiss for the wedding day.  Everyone else wouldn't shut up about it like they invented the wheel or something. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jinger is infatuated with this guy.  If Jeremy said to jump off a bridge, she would do it because she feels all hot and bothered, which is probably the Holy Spirit, right? 

I think security is pretty tight on these two so maybe they haven't kissed?  But I did notice they have not mentioned saving the first kiss for the wedding day.  Everyone else wouldn't shut up about it like they invented the wheel or something. 

IMO they've kissed, Frenched even, which is what I think got Jinge's motor running.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Marigold said:

So are these two unchaperoned???????  Did they ditch Jessa?  Ha!  They probably tricked Joy by looking for flying dead bird or something and got some smoochy smoochy time. 

I'm sure all they have to do is shout.."Shiny object!" to distract the chaperones.

• Love 4

I wouldn't be surprised if they kissed, even if it was accidental (on Jeremy's end). It's just so easy to do that, gazing into their eyes and leaning forward and kissing, thing, or even if they were talking and sitting by each other and he just leaned into it. Once you've had your FIRST kiss, those kinds of first kisses with someone happen without thinking.

• Love 3

It must be kind of foreign for a guy like Jeremy who has had typical previous relationships to quell the urge to hug and kiss. Most couples who are dating do that naturally in a loving, caring, non-sexual way.

Ben was still in the endless phone calls and love notes stage of dating maturity. And I think Derick was painfully shy about dating. 

• Love 4

Imma call "BS" on all of this.  

Jeremy knew exactly what he was getting in for when he started this little endeavor.  Dude *is* a preacher at a similarly-minded church down in Texas, and quite frankly, even those of us in the Northeast are familiar with crazy hardcore Christian courtship and modesty rules (I mean, I've worked at a beach town that hosts Camp Meeting week and Youth Meeting week every year so we're used to seeing the girls in their modesty suits and the boys in wetsuits even when it's 90 degrees out).  It's all an act, it's all premeditated for viewership.  If it wasn't, there would have been much greater consequences than some stupid digs and scowls on the part of JimBlob.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Lemur said:

Imma call "BS" on all of this.  

Jeremy knew exactly what he was getting in for when he started this little endeavor.  Dude *is* a preacher at a similarly-minded church down in Texas, and quite frankly, even those of us in the Northeast are familiar with crazy hardcore Christian courtship and modesty rules (I mean, I've worked at a beach town that hosts Camp Meeting week and Youth Meeting week every year so we're used to seeing the girls in their modesty suits and the boys in wetsuits even when it's 90 degrees out).  It's all an act, it's all premeditated for viewership.  If it wasn't, there would have been much greater consequences than some stupid digs and scowls on the part of JimBlob.

No doubt! We know how blanket training worked for this bunch...and the ridiculous punishments the boys received for self discovery. I can only imagine a girl who broke the rules would be sent to Hepzibah House or similar hellhole.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

No doubt! We know how blanket training worked for this bunch...and the ridiculous punishments the boys received for self discovery. I can only imagine a girl who broke the rules would be sent to Hepzibah House or similar hellhole.

LOL at "Hepzibah House"!

• Love 1

The Duggars didn't need to worry about that. They have Journey to the Heart. It's no coincidence that Jessa lost her taste for sports around age 15; that's the age that the older girls, including Joy, went to the Northwoods for the first time. And we have evidence that all of them (except maybe Joy) went multiple times. Let's not forget this infamous picture from six years ago with the girls in their "team" shirts: 

DSC07297.JPG

• Love 1

Oh, I think they all made a second (or third) trip since then. We know Jana was a Group Leader. It was on the show. Joy was on that trip about 4 years ago now. I think the other girls were already on their second trip in 2010. Jinger would have been what, 16 (born in very late 1993). 

They may have pickles, but there's the Gothard van behind them. They're all in line. Broken. 

• Love 2

Journey to the Heart.  I just can't.  JB & Michelle always proclaiming how they 'have their hearts' in some weird, sick, possessive way.  We have their hearts, as in, they are not allowed their own feelings - about anything.  We control their minds, their thoughts, emotions, we dominate all.  Every fake smile.  If they come close to the age of feeling or thinking for themselves - 'Journey to the Heart' will fix it for us.  

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Girlfriend doesn't know a two-point conversion from a hole in the wall, but by golly, she got tix to the Game of the Year in Fayetteville. 

LOL Hope they're enjoying the 28-10 score in favor of Alabama before halftime. . . . 

Seriously, though, I've lived in the state for years and went to the U of A, but there's no way I would have paid for tickets to that game because I had a feeling it would turn into a massacre.

Oh who am I kidding? They're Duggars--of course, they didn't pay for the tickets!

Edited by Zella
added thoughts
  • Love 3

Lol @ your comment!  Now...can you tell me wtf I'm looking at here?  What is the stuff inside the taco shells?  It's making me gag, for real.

Thank you!  I was afraid to ask because I thought I was the only one that had no idea.  Honestly it looks like cat food jammed into a choco taco shell.  

In line with the racier comments posted above, it's a pink taco!!

The Razorback selfie, I think she's wearing a Texas necklace, which is kinda sweet.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Hats don't fit some of the larger Duggar heads. ??

Spurge's little fedora looked a bit small too. 

And he's so young to maybe "grow into" something, larger?

34 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

Whoa, wait just a bloody gothard minute. Football games with cheerleaders in skimpy outfits, beer, cursing (if your team is losing) etc. Please explain Jim Boob....

They're trying to look sort of normal. "See? We go to football games and everything! We're not cloistered fundie nutjobs. We're just regular guys. With acne. Lots of acne. Who never go anywhere outside the house without a sibling accountability partner in tow. We're pure and modest and godly. Much more pure and modest and godly than any of you heathens are. So, tell TLC to keep us on TV and show more of our parents too. And, marry one of us! Just ask our Dad for permission."

Speaking of normal. IMO Derick absolutely did not understand the limits of Jill's education and social/life skills when he was courting her from Nepal. I wonder if at some point shortly before the wedding, his head overcame his raging hormones enough for him to have second thoughts about what life with her would really be like. I think he assumed she would be similar to other 23 year old middle class, Baptist Arkansas women with high school educations, only maybe more devout and "modest." When in reality she never attended school, never went even to the grocery store alone, had no close friends outside her siblings, was woefully short-changed by her home-schooling, and had the social/emotional development of at most a middle-schooler. Along with that arrogant superior attitude about Being a Duggar.

I wonder if Jeremy really sees and understands where Jinger is in terms of education, emotional maturity, and social skills. Unlike Derick's long distance monitored Skyping with Jill, Jeremy first got to know Jinger in person, when he hung out with Bin and the family. I don't get Jeremy; something about him creeps me out, but I hope he's not an abuser. Anyway, I also hope he understands Jinger and is supportive as and when she has to deal with new and unfamiliar situations. Which is probably going to be almost everything that normal people who don't live in the middle of a crazy fundie TV tribe do: grocery shop (alone!), plan and cook meals, live with just one other person and not a few dozen, spend some time apart from one's spouse during the day when said spouse is at work, meet and talk to new people, etc. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Who said this? Boob? I've never heard it. 

I was replying to a post that got separated from my reply.

6 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Whoa, wait just a bloody gothard minute. Football games with cheerleaders in skimpy outfits, beer, cursing (if your team is losing) etc. Please explain Jim Boob....

He can say his kids are at college?

Unfortunately he probably doesn't consider that a good thing.

• Love 1
On 10/9/2016 at 8:18 AM, WhineandCheez said:

The Razorback selfie, I think she's wearing a Texas necklace, which is kinda sweet.

Aaaannnnd, next week....Babe will be wandering down the street with  "Mr. Duggar" and Ben (of course)  and happen upon a  jewelry store where , lo and behold, there will be that Texas necklace, which will coincidentally be just the right length for Jinge, and Babe will hem and haw and then "surprise" Jinge  with a visit and the necklace. And Jinge will squeal "Baaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbe" at least 349 times. And TLC will recap it and preview it and recap the preview and recap the recap  and then get all other Jkids opinion of it,  one by one,...then Mullett will show some piece of crappy jewelry that Boob (TLC)  bought her and she and JB will smooch, and then Jill and Jessa will each talk about a piece of jewelry from their "man".

There's the whole hour. DVR guide version : Jinger gets a surprise.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 22

I'm guessing Jinger and Jeremy are going to get married and the Duggar family won't announce it until the wedding is ready to air on TLC. For all we know, they are already married. Sheesh, what is with all the secrecy this time around? We knew the wedding dates of all the others several months in advance. 

Unless they're planning to wait until the spring to marry, but I can't see them waiting that long. A winter wedding wouldn't be that much fun either, with all the people that they like to invite. Even a "scaled down" wedding size of 300 guests is a lot of people.

• Love 1

I doubt they're married yet. Jinger wouldn't take a selfie of herself with a younger brother and no husband at a college football game. 

I'm still betting on this coming Saturday for reasons I've stated a million times (basically not stepping on all of Jessa's November milestones). 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm still betting on this coming Saturday for reasons I've stated a million times (basically not stepping on all of Jessa's November milestones). 

In this family, it would be impossible to NOT step on a milestone. And the sad part is, a  Duggar milestone is only a birthday or a wedding.

• Love 5

My head is unusually big, but I attribute that to being a C-section.  Also, the Duggars seem kind of short and I'm about 6' tall so there's that too.  Back to topic:   I hope these two weirdos can actually make a good marriage and life together.  Maybe Jeremy's time in the real world will help him show Jinger how to function in it.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, drafan said:

In this family, it would be impossible to NOT step on a milestone. And the sad part is, a  Duggar milestone is only a birthday or a wedding.

Well, now we have a few births of nieces and nephews. Jessa's anniversary, birthday, and Spurge's 1st birthday all occur within the first five days of November. As Jinger's supposed " best friend," she's well aware of this and won't step on Princess Prickly Pear's toes.

1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

I'm thinking the wedding will be October 29.  Just a feeling...

That's the latest date I'm giving them. Derick's brother is getting married in November (12th?), so Jill will be otherwise occupied there, since Derick will likely be Best Man. I doubt they are going to have dueling weddings with one person in one wedding party and the other in another. After that, you start getting into Thanksgiving travel. 

I'm still stuck on this Saturday, but the 22nd and 29th are all viable options, just not the most "fast track" ones. 

• Love 4

I imagine that security will be tight as hell at the wedding, with moratoriums on taking and/or posting pictures that Jill had. I'm sure there's a People cover involved, and they will release a few pics a couple days after the wedding, like they did with both Jessa and Jill. 

• Love 1

I realize that I've posted this before, but I'm still a bit confused. WHERE'S THE REGISTRY?

If Cringe manages to get married without one, I'll be stunned. She has to keep up with her sisters. Plus, there might be a room or two at the TTH that is not stuffed with the haul from Jilly Muffin and Jessa Blessa's weddings yet.

Seriously -- is it posted under another name?

• Love 8