Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: All The Countess's Men

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, Long Spot said:

The caviar girl was dressed that way because she was hired from Petrossian, the caviar restaurant where Heather had a party a season or two ago.  That's their uniform.  

Incidentally, they also serve it out of the tin at the restaurant.  

petrossian.jpg

I don't think I could ever be rich or powerful enough to employ a "caviar girl".  Is she supposed to be a throwback to the cigars and cigarettes girl?  I'm surprised there wasn't a naked sushi girl.  Just not my style.  I'm kind of surprised that Bethenny employed someone like this.  She looks like she usually sells her caviar to a male crowd.

11 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Maybe, but something bugs; it goes back to attitudes about sex, that somehow sex is "dirty" and "naughty."  Shit, sex is how we all got here, so how dirty can it be?  I bet Ramona wishes she was having as much sex as LuAnn.  

Maybe she does.  Lord knows it wouldn't be hard to have as much sex as Luann.  From what I've seen - Harry, Rey, the drunken pirate, the young guy she took into the bathroom, the young guy at their beach vacation last season, the married Irish guy - she doesn't have much discretion.  And that's not slut shaming.  But I'm tired of people who aren't into one night stands, and fucking in a public bathroom being called prudes.  Anyone walking into a bar looking for sex is going to get lucky.  So if Ramona is truly jealous of all the sex that Luann gets, someone should explain how easy it is. 

11 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Amen. 

Lu can screw whoever she wants. Why is it that whenever Lu gets questioned on her behavior, it all comes down to people judging her because she likes to have sex? Or that they care who she has sex with? Last season when folks were upset because a strange random dude was left alone in a bedroom, there were charges that Lu was being judged simply because she likes to have sex. That made zero sense to me and wasn't the problem. The problem wasn't the sex, it was the judgment. Sometimes it feels like you cannot say anything about Lu without being accused of slut-shaming her. Last season she accused Carole of trying to "catch" her in a one night stand when she came in to her room on vacation. She was very dramatic about how horrible it would have been for her son to learn such revealing information about his mother, and she used this to try and make Carole look bad. How the fuck does someone get away with this kind of victimology? Hey Lu, you're the girl who fucked the Pirate and tried to cover it all up with the cameras rolling. Did your son just miss that season? Honestly, I don't think anyone cares about her sex life, but she makes so much of things by being so judgmental and confusing about the rules and regulations that others must live by. 

I agree with all of this.  Luann needs to pick a side.  Either she's a fully autonomous woman who can openly sleep with a different man every day of the year and it's no one's business, and not a reflection of her morality.  Or she's the pearl clutching virtuous woman whose son's life will be ruined if her sexual activity is broadcast ON THE REALITY SHOW WHERE THERE ARE CAMERAS EVERYWHERE.  How about at the dinner with Dorinda's infamous rice spitting.  Wasn't Luann up on her high horse with Dorinda chastising Heather for swearing?  I don't remember - wasn't it Luann who questioned Heather's abilities as a mother?  Something about if Lu's daughter were in Europe with her father, and .......  I don't remember, but it was pure bullshit. 

And what's with all the praise given to Luann because she's taking care of Sonja's drunk ass and making sure she gets home?  Sonja said a couple of times she never sees Luann, and Luann said she spends a great deal of time at the boyfriends.  And how can Lu be watching over Sonja if she's bringing guys home all the time (as Sonja is claiming)?  Looks to me that Luann gets up in the morning and then goes looking for her discarded underwear and Sonja.  So I guess she's at least checking to see if Sonja wasn't murdered the night before.  I don't see how freeloading off of Sonja is such a benevolent and caring act.  At the very least it's mutually beneficial, but it seems to me that Lu is getting far more out of this bargain.  How about offering to chip in for the gas bill versus bitching about how cold it is. 

• Love 9

With the exception of one hiccup, LuAnn's and Dorinda's sit-down dinner appeared to be interesting, relaxing, and enjoyable. I would have preferred a longer 'look-see' of that. Actually, I rather view THAT type of ambience than the usual fashioned melee.

• Love 7
(edited)

Anyone walking into a bar looking for sex is going to get lucky.  So if Ramona is truly jealous of all the sex that Luann gets, someone should explain how easy it is. 

Not for Ramona though. She doesn't have the sex appeal LuAnn has, and she is socially awkward around men. She disses everyone "He's just a BARTENDER!" "He doesn't live in MANHATTHAN!" She is like the Harreliquin books, where the women is a total bitch and the guy fights for her anyway. Ramona is a like a teenaged girl who thinks she's really popular and guys should worship her. Her husband left her, and she's rich. So, something is missing there. I think it's not the sex, but the way LuAnn has with men that bothers her. 

On an unrelated note, why did Bethanny and Jason divorce?

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Maybe, but something bugs; it goes back to attitudes about sex, that somehow sex is "dirty" and "naughty."  Shit, sex is how we all got here, so how dirty can it be?  I bet Ramona wishes she was having as much sex as LuAnn.  

As mom used to say, 'It's only dirty if you make it sound dirty'.

I took a 'human sexuality' class with my girlfriend at the time. I was taught at a junior college and was one of the most interesting courses I ever took. Now, there is nothing about sex that makes me uncomfortable, Except for BJs in the oval office.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Long Spot said:

The caviar girl was dressed that way because she was hired from Petrossian, the caviar restaurant where Heather had a party a season or two ago.  That's their uniform.  

Incidentally, they also serve it out of the tin at the restaurant.  

petrossian.jpg

I think the usually astute Bethenny missed a beat if she hasn't been to Petrossian's.  Oh wait it seems to have been a bit for the show.   http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/episode-8/videos/unseen-moment-let-it-go 

Bethanny doesn't eat caviar (fish allergy, right?) - it was her way to lure everyone over by giving them caviar while they all drank her cocktails. Ramona did right by coming in and instantly declaring, "I want a Skinny Girl Margarita!!!" Good Ramona, you can eat all the caviar you want now. And she did. 

Let's not not notice however, that Bethanny had to have CAVIAR in order to get compliance with the SkinnyGirl cocktail shit. 

Also notice no one was drinking too much. 

• Love 5
(edited)
21 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Not for Ramona though. She doesn't have the sex appeal LuAnn has, and she is socially awkward around men. She disses everyone "He's just a BARTENDER!" "He doesn't live in MANHATTHAN!" She is like the Harreliquin books, where the women is a total bitch and the guy fights for her anyway. Ramona is a like a teenaged girl who thinks she's really popular and guys should worship her. Her husband left her, and she's rich. So, something is missing there. I think it's not the sex, but the way LuAnn has with men that bothers her. 

On an unrelated note, why did Bethanny and Jason divorce?

Gee here is an depth interview for Page Six with Ramona talking about her perfect presurgical breasts. http://pagesix.com/2016/05/26/ramona-singer-new-boobs-new-tude/ Ramona needs to learn how to pose she looks ridiculous.  Reminds me of her fine skills as a runway model. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

I can't claim to know anything about this, but my feeling is that Ramona does not put out.

She thinks her ass is cake (heard that somewhere.)

Can't imagine the man that would want her; pushing sixty and crazy as a loon.

Not remotely attractive.

• Love 12

Dorinda's house - I couldn't relax with all those dead animals staring at me.  No way.  I remember the jade statues from last year and remember there was much talk about them.  They were a little creepy to me.

Regarding Dorinda not inviting Sonja - how do we know this isn't producer manipulation?  We know that the producers often dictate who is invited for drama, so why isn't it possible that they dictated who isn't invited for drama?  I have no idea if this is the case, of course.  It's certainly boosting viewer empathy for Sonja, so it's indirectly helping her.

4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Last year in the Hamptons when Luann was having her estate sale, Heather was part of the conversation where they read the inscription from Bethenny to Luann-thanking Luann for helping her invent the SGM.   http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/blogs/heather-thomson/heather-is-this-brunch-gate-now  An odd thing to write even in jest. 

You know, I wonder if this is where Bethenny's hate for Heather was rooted.  I don't remember where this fell in the season, or how long after Beth and Heather met.  It's not as if Heather pulled it out of her ass - it's right there in Beth's book!

• Love 11
Just now, bravofan27 said:

Caviar needs to stay in the tin folks!

http://www.onlyfinefoods.com/pages/how-to-serve-caviar

It also says that you should have 1/2 ounce for each person. Considering Ramona ate 1 ounce at each gobble, and had about 10 gobbles, she is a VERY expensive friend. I don't think I could handle a greedy friend like that. No matter how rich I was. 

Awesome research!

(Small voice: Although it does say it needs to stay in the tin until the last minute and you do serve it up in a caviar dish!)

It *was* a Bethenny function so guess it was product placement/advertising.

• Love 3

IMO, Ro isn't having all this sex.  I doubt she's having much at all, if any.  She likes to talk about it because of her huge ego.  But actually doing it....  That's a different story.  I don't think Ro is anywhere near as loose and free as she's trying to portray.

Beth never liked Heather because Heather was 'real' competition in the business knowledge department and smarts.  Heather was a threat to Beth and wasn't afraid of her. Heather has said to her face, "You're a know it all."  Gosh, I miss Heather.  I also miss Kristen.  They didn't kiss Beth's ass. 

I don't know if Lu is right or wrong about coming up with 'skinnygirl' but given Beth's inscription to Lu in Beth's book, it does make you raise an eyebrow.  I do like that at least someone is going up against the queen.  And I don't even like Lu.

And geez, I noticed that Ro just let the door slam behind her when she entered Beth's apartment.  Beth did the same thing at Doris's.  Turn around and close the door.  It's one of my things, especially if you live in an apartment. 

• Love 14
Just now, BookElitist said:

⭐  With the SKINNY (GIRL), I duuno and don't give a ______.                                          Buuuut...seemingly, originally, LuAnn views the occurrence as follows: Bitchenney used wording in the phrase "...a skinny girl[']s margarita..." as detailing the manner in which she likes a margarita to be prepared. The words were used to describe THE PREPARATION of the alcoholic beverage. Whereas, upon ordering a magarita fashioned the same, LuAnn used the NAME, SKINNYGIRL, as a proper noun, hence, she believes the moniker attributable to her. LuAnn surmises that she originated THE USE of SkinnyGirl as proper noun--a NAME, a 'trademark'. Therein lies the contradiction of viewpoints.                                                 True not true. Whatever. No matter.       Bethenney is THE rich b?tch and one best not forget it. Cuz, um, woe to those who do...    

⭐  With these women, grotesque wretched behaviors run rife.                                                   Mere words on this plane of known HUMAN existence canNOT convey the What The F_ _kness that is RAMONA, BETHENNEY, and [sony?]. None of these women are classy (And, no. Uh, uh, Dorinda is absolutely NOT too classy for John-- N.O.T.).  However, their hubris, vile behaviors, uncouth 'personas', astounding ignorance, and rank elitism does vary.       

⭐  Bethenney's propensity for assailing others would be attenuated if others were ALLOWED to see and discuss her life--her facets and foibles-- just as she enjoys fiddling with theirs while orchestrating and executing misery. It's simple and, oh, so sad ego-boosting to shred others when she knows for certain that those others canNOT do the same to her. She's a definite bully and a sometimes semi[ish] sadist. Bethenney revels in her almost psychotic behavior. Tsk, tsk, ('she be') rather sick.     

⭐  Wow. Some are going hard at depicting LuAnn as meretricious. Although, personally disliking her, hopefully, her 'engagement' survives the deliberate onslaught. Mmm, probably not, though.                                      

⭐  Golly, Ramona. Ramona!  Literally--Clean Up Your Sμ¡+ .                                                          ?"You're so vain (, a proven liar, an intentionally malicious gossip, and a faux friend feigning allegiance). I bet you think this (show) is (only) about you. Don't you. Don't you❓"?                                                                

⭐ Carol, LuAnn is not the bane of your forced-hipster life. Get a damn grip.                              

⭐  Jules, we don't have forever and a day...so, GET TO THE POINT ❗

You have beautifully articulated the subtle differences between Bethenny and Luanne's use of 'the/a skinny girl's margarita' and Skinny Girl margarita. That apostrophe carries much weight!

Bookelitist: may I just say how much I value and enjoy your posts! I love your: Loquacity; mellifluousness; articulation; expressivity; and grandiloquence! If ever any of us fellow posters/lurkers are subjected to ridicule for our involvement and interest in a forum about a trashy reality tv show... all we need to do to refute such negativity is to show our tormentor any of your posts! "See... this forum is for **in-tell-i-gent** people. Seeeee!!"

• Love 3
16 hours ago, 100PercentPain said:

Cosign. Luann hides it well under the Countess persona, but she is a viper and when she gets her digs in, she is nasty. Remember when she was blaming Carole for "revealing" Luann's sexcapades and hurting Luann's children (and also ignoring the fact that it was Luann who chooses to engage in sexcapades on what are essentially work trips where cameras follow her around for the majority of the time - seriously, she's a grown woman and can do what and who she wants but if she doesn't want her kids to know what she's up to she needs to save that for her personal vacations) and somewhere in there Carole said she wouldn't introduce every boyfriend to her kids either and Luann snarked "Well, you don't have any kids!" followed by a full belly laugh. Carole looked gutted and despite her insistence that she didn't mean to be offensive, Luann has never apologized. That is the real Luann and it's why I do not like her and often wish she never came back as a full time housewife. So objectively, bethenny is vicious and miserable too but it's not really getting under my skin as much in this episode because Its Luann and she gives as well as she gets, even if she's smart enough to not have it on display 24/7 like bethenny does.

Preach! Bethenny is largely insufferable this year but I will never complain about the way she just rips into LuAnn. Bethenny is simply not afraid to call LuAnn on every hypocrisy and every dig. I've loved it ever since she called LuAnn a snake to her face in Season 3. I was one of the few people who loved Carole's constant reads of LuAnn in her first season, and I was actively disappointed when Carole apologized and became friends with LuAnn the following season, and then delighted when Carole realized LuAnn for the asshole she is once again. Don't get me wrong, I love LuAnn on the show, and I don't want her to leave, but she is a nasty piece of work. I'll never forget the way she inserted herself into the Jill/Bethenny feud. The Countess was living for that rift!

• Love 18
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

IMO, Ro isn't having all this sex.  I doubt she's having much at all, if any.  She likes to talk about it because of her huge ego.  But actually doing it....  That's a different story.  I don't think Ro is anywhere near as loose and free as she's trying to portray.

Beth never liked Heather because Heather was 'real' competition in the business knowledge department and smarts.  Heather was a threat to Beth and wasn't afraid of her. Heather has said to her face, "You're a know it all."  Gosh, I miss Heather.  I also miss Kristen.  They didn't kiss Beth's ass. 

I don't know if Lu is right or wrong about coming up with 'skinnygirl' but given Beth's inscription to Lu in Beth's book, it does make you raise an eyebrow.  I do like that at least someone is going up against the queen.  And I don't even like Lu.

And geez, I noticed that Ro just let the door slam behind her when she entered Beth's apartment.  Beth did the same thing at Doris's.  Turn around and close the door.  It's one of my things, especially if you live in an apartment. 

I have always gotten the impression Ramona, using an antiquated term, frigid.  She likes to date because she can't maintain any real friendships and probably has zero invitations that aren't related to a product launch or a business opportunity.  I even question these so called "dates".  She is most recently famous for being uninvited-something that will probably become a trend.

Sonja was not happy with being "iced out".  A few choice words for Ramona:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/sonja-morgan-calls-out-dorinda-medley-after-being-iced-out-of-the-girls-trip

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

'As mom used to say, 'It's only dirty if you make it sound dirty'.

I took a 'human sexuality' class with my girlfriend at the time. I was taught at a junior college and was one of the most interesting courses I ever took. Now, there is nothing about sex that makes me uncomfortable, Except for BJs in the oval office.

I took a human sexuality class at a junior college too.!!!  It was called " Human Sexuality,  Myths Laughs  and Reality" it was 100 years ago so don't remember a lot other than I took two classes from the teacher he was so good. 

That being said John's comment was crass it would be out of order even it was just the 4 of them. 

• Love 1
(edited)

And the word of the episode is "mentor".

Please! These are all grown women of roughly the same age. Spare a few seconds from patronizing Sonja because it makes you feel good, and reevaluate your own lives HWs.

I hope that Lu sleeps with as many men as she wants to!

Well not now, but in her past I hope she enjoyed herself. I don't care how a grown woman chooses to conduct herself sexually. I also don't mind some discretion when the alternative is locker-room- talk-Ramona yelling about squirting. I don't need everyone to go all Brandi Glanville about their sex lives. I assume everyone's had sex at one time or another- and that's as much as I care to know/give a shit.

Deleted stupid sleep posting.

Speaking of Luann and sex, I didn't understand John's "joke" at all, so maybe I'm a complete idiot. The receiver of the phone? Wet like the ocean? What? I think the table (minus Dorinda) was just as confused as I was. Dorinda's lack of confusion and immediate reaction of telling John to stop it makes me think they were laughing and joking about the Luann gossip from last episode. I hope not because that would be a stupid joke. It's like asking a woman if she could feel ejaculate on the phone after speaking to a man. What? Has sex (and phone technology) changed that much in the past few years?

Carole, you are disappointing the crap out of me. I was rooting for you! I was always rooting for you! Sure, I laughed when witty posters made jokes at your expense, but I enjoyed you onscreen. Why are you choosing now to be so stupid? Let it go, dude. "Can't sleep under the same roof." You're not acting like a hipster, cool girl, or Carrie- you're just acting like a mean girl. You have no influence in this group in NY and you don't have any in the Berkshires. (Poster, I imitate the people I like.) If you don't want to sleep under the same roof as Lu, sleep on the lawn. (Though Lu may end up out there too.Know this.)

Sonja- get em girl. You are the fine wine getting better with time (I hope). You seem more rational and lucid than you have been in ages. Please keep this forward momentum. You're still delusion, but baby steps!

Ramona and Cookie both have bad manners. Watching them perform actions essential to life made me ill. Jules licking Ramona's pancake was a play to show herself eating on camera. She's not anorexic, we all saw that wacky time she licked some caviar off of Ramona's spit-covered pancake. There was another completely normal thing that she inanely pretended not to know of in this episode. I can't recall what it was, but she must think that this shtick is cute.

Dorinda lets Ramona walk all over her for unknown reasons. Ramona ordering three drinks from Dorinda was ridiculous.

Dorinda reminds me exactly of my mother, so I'm not going to tempt fate by snarking on her.

I thought that B acted stupid during the argument with Lu and was an unbelievably rude guest. "The deaf leading the blind." Fuck off B. And I (used to?) like you. Your manic laughter was unbecoming as well.

I want to be a caviar girl in NY when I grow up.

Edited by Granimal
dyslexia
  • Love 6
(edited)

From Carole's blog: I loved everything about this episode. And when I say everything I mean everything with the exception of anything to do with TipsyGirl, Nannies, Squirting, Madame Paulette, or a man named Raaaaaay. Which leaves just one thing: Kittens!!!

I am pro-kitten, myself. But everything else is just too cool for school. Carole is pulling a less crazy version of I'm up here and you're down there. 

ETA: I just realized this is for last week. Apologies for posting in the wrong thread.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 7

I admit to posting before watching before.....hanging head in shame......BUT now I have seen it and i'm kind of puzzled as to what Beth did that was SO nasty and SO bad ??????  Luann said she was "mentoring" Sonja and B. burst out laughing. I would have to ! That's the funniest line ever......pot mentoring Kettle..hahahahahaha

Dorinda needs to just move to RHONJ and get it over with. She's so low class.....and so am I but I'm not pretending to be some high class born to the manor rich bitch either. Dorinda....try being who you are and not who you think you should be....that's the path to happiness right there.

My Mom had a horrible habit of taking her little Yorkie on trips. My Aunts HATED that nasty little dog but did that stop Mom? Nope. She took it and it pooped all over there floors. Shades of Ramona...Sorry Mom but you were wrong. Love you!

I hope Luann finds happiness and a good hubby to keep her warm and secure.

Carol-You're a drag. Get over it and grow the fuck up. This is not a good look.

Jules can go away anytime. The most exciting thing she's done is lick some caviar. Pitiful. And I will never like her husband. People who promote porn are trash. Pure and simple (to me)

LOVING this season. There all awful and SO much fun to watch!

• Love 7
23 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

However, again I ask... Why did Bethenny dish the caviar up in the tin? THAT is tacky too! Is it to show off the brand? Is it just being tacky and lazy? Can't be that.. as the tin was precariously sitting in a nice dish. This is the big question of the episode for me! Why the tin? Why???

Not to defend Bethenny (God forbid) but: 

"Caviar Serving Tips

When serving caviar to guests, it is better to serve it in the tin can, with crushed ice surrounding the tin can.  Care should be exercised in serving the caviar because the grains should not be broken.  It is best eaten using a fork."

Caviar guide website

• Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

It also says that you should have 1/2 ounce for each person. Considering Ramona ate 1 ounce at each gobble, and had about 10 gobbles, she is a VERY expensive friend. I don't think I could handle a greedy friend like that. No matter how rich I was. 

Ramona in general is a very offensive person but I was more disturbed that she brought her dog with her and the dog wasn't even properly house trained! What was worse than the dog crapping all over Dorinda's home is that it was Dorinda having to run around behind her dog cleaning up its crap when Ramona should at the very least be taking care of her dog.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Maybe she does.  Lord knows it wouldn't be hard to have as much sex as Luann.  From what I've seen - Harry, Rey, the drunken pirate, the young guy she took into the bathroom, the young guy at their beach vacation last season, the married Irish guy - she doesn't have much discretion.  And that's not slut shaming.  But I'm tired of people who aren't into one night stands, and fucking in a public bathroom being called prudes.  Anyone walking into a bar looking for sex is going to get lucky.  So if Ramona is truly jealous of all the sex that Luann gets, someone should explain how easy it is. 

I think there is a part of Ramona that wants to be as uninhibited as Luann.  That's why Ramona has the hair extensions, the breast implants; she's putting herself out there.  However, I think that Ramona really, truly wants is one man; I think she's a one man woman.  Luann isn't.  That's okay, but sometimes I sense that Ramona puts Luann down for being who she is.  Luann probably feels, "I had a son for the Count; I took care of my children; they're all grown now, so I'm going to do what I want now."  And Luann should embrace that fact, instead of trying to pretend she's something she's not. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Granimal said:

And the word of the episode is "mentor".

Please! These are all grown women of roughly the same age. Spare a few seconds from patronizing Sonja because it makes you feel good, and reevaluate your own lives HWs.

I hope that Lu sleeps with as many men as she wants to!

I thought that B acted stupid during the argument with Lu and was an unbelievably rude guest. "The deaf leading the blind." Fuck off B. And I (used to?) like you. Your manic laughter was unbecoming as well.

If what we see between Luann and Sonja is a generally good depiction of how they spend their time, I think Luann was simply using the wrong term. It doesn't seem like she's being a mentor to Sonja but I do think that she's simply being a friend. Luann is probably confused with the terms friend and mentor because the rest of Sonja's "friends" don't seem to be around so perhaps she thinks that she's filling a larger role, lol.

• Love 13

Dorinda continues to confuse me.  When she is sober, she is lovely, elegant and charming. But after a few drinks, she turns into a screeching, pointing, arms flailing low-class shrew.  Did anyone ever see the movie "The Fighter" about boxer Mickey Ward?  (Mark Wahlberg played the title character).  Mickey Ward's mom was a blue-collar, conniving chain-smoking shrew with the same platinum blonde hairstyle, prominent nose, high cheekbones. When Dorinda gets drunk, that is all I can think of.

Ramona is jealous of LuAnn who is much better looking and way more fun than her.  I hate how Ramona asks around men -- like a socially awkward  pre-teen attempting to flirt. I agree with the poster who said that Ramona approaches her life like a Harlequin romance novel. I read her autobiography (lowers head in shame) and every one like in the book was like "as I was shopping at Bergdorf's for a Lanvin gown" or "as I was entering my beautiful Hamptons home" or "as I was getting ready for a party at 21 Club."  All name dropping and very elitist who no sense of irony.

• Love 12
23 hours ago, njbchlover said:

My son's ex-girlfriend had a little shih tzu, and whenever they would bring him here, or I would watch him, he would poop on my carpet.  Every single time!!  This dog was well trained at home, and they would walk him before bringing him into my home, but that didn't matter.  Within three/four hours, I would find a "present" somewhere on a carpet - ALWAYS on a carpet - never on the hardwood floors!!

I

I was going to chime in the same thing, I had a pug for 15 years he was good as gold potty trained but take him to another dog's house and first thing he would do is poop.  Embarrassing.   He just got so excited in the environment he "let go".  I think that dog was probably a Shih-Tzu and I think that they are similar breeds to Pugs at least both being Chinese breeds.  

Maybe TMI but I shed hair like crazy and my pug would get poop like that one hanging by a string and it was because he was a little hoovering machine and would eat anything on the floor which sometimes included my long hair!  Just think about Ramona's extensions, hahaha  Apologies in advance! 

• Love 7
(edited)
10 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Yeah, I always did.  I miss good caviar so much, it's a little expensive for my budget these days.  Also?  Plastic or ceramic spoons/forks are best, or at least they were considered the best back when I could afford it.

9 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

I can't claim to know anything about this, but my feeling is that Ramona does not put out.

She thinks her ass is cake (heard that somewhere.)

Can't imagine the man that would want her; pushing sixty and crazy as a loon.

Not remotely attractive.

I think she's very attractive, but yeah, I think she's a real prude in bed.  Unless perhaps she's drunk, but even then?  That girl has probably averaged, at best, a handful of orgasms a year, and she was married.  Just my feeling about her, no scientific or word of mouth back up here.  Ha.

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

I miss Heather and Kristen too.  

I don't.  Not one bit.  Heather more than Kristen though, but honestly, she was wearing on my by the end.  Kristen who? Total bore for this kind of show, except for her obviously troubled marriage to the asshole.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

From Carole's blog: I loved everything about this episode. And when I say everything I mean everything with the exception of anything to do with TipsyGirl, Nannies, Squirting, Madame Paulette, or a man named Raaaaaay. Which leaves just one thing: Kittens!!!

I am pro-kitten, myself. But everything else is just too cool for school. Carole is pulling a less crazy version of I'm up here and you're down there. 

ETA: I just realized this is for last week. Apologies for posting in the wrong thread.

I was wondering!  I also wonder where the dang blogs are this week, no one has one up yet.  The best thing from Carole's last week was that she kept the cat.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

One of the quick reaction clips of Moaner stuffing her maw at the serving table showed her with caviar and crème fraiche smeared all over her mouth. Ugh, she's just messy all the way around.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

If what we see between Luann and Sonja is a generally good depiction of how they spend their time, I think Luann was simply using the wrong term. It doesn't seem like she's being a mentor to Sonja but I do think that she's simply being a friend. Luann is probably confused with the terms friend and mentor because the rest of Sonja's "friends" don't seem to be around so perhaps she thinks that she's filling a larger role, lol.

If Sonja can have "interns," Luann can be a "mentor."

• Love 10

I don't think I've seen another group of HWs who accuse each other of stealing their look. Yeah, LuAnn, Bethenny would never have had the idea for a layered bob if she didn't know you. And no one can wear Ramona's special shade of blue ("Ramona Blue") and Carole apparently has the market on capes and aviator shades "(Bitch stole my look"). I think Sonja once even made the comment that she was the first one to wear animal prints (or leopard).

So Ramona's pissed that LuAnn is dating Tom without her permission? She should be pissed at Dorinda for introducing them without running it by Ramona first. I'm pissed at Dorinda myself for inviting Ramona to the Berkshires and not Sonja. As for the "there's going to be drinking..." rationale, doesn't Dorinda see how she herself can't handle her booze? Sonja's a happy drunk, dancing without a care and trying to kiss people. I agree that the reason given wasn't really the reason.

I remember Ramona having a cow when she wasn't invited to London, and learned that Sonja was going to still go on the trip in light of the snub. Funny how things change.

• Love 12

I'll be surprised if Lu and Thomas actually make it down the aisle.  She wants to be married very, very badly.  She doesn't seem to be very picky about who she dates/screws. Pirates and Harry Reys and married guys, oh my.  This is partly why I give this relationship a side eye.  Thomas is one of Ramona's leftovers so that makes me wonder if he's a Harry Dubin type.  He showed interest in Lu and she latched. The incestuousness of their circle of friends and lovers is kind of twisted and not a great breeding ground for solid, long lasting relationships, imo.  I've seen it, up close and personal. 

I don't think the incestuousness is limited to just the circle we see, either.  Who knows how many of Ramona's 968 girlfriends have had a whirl with the Harry Dubins and Thomases.  Women outnumber men on NYC and many of those men are gay.  Straight, single guys on the island are a hot commodity and they know it.

Who knows. Maybe Thomas is an upstanding guy. But I cringed a little just saying that because a.) he dated that loon, Moaner and b.) he's  appearing on RHONY in the first place.) 

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I will admit that I gave Lu the side eye when she said she was a mentor to Sonja. However, now in retrospect, if I think about it and squint my eyes why the hell not. Okay, maybe supportive coach is more accurate but Lu can offer valuable life lessons to Sonja. Lu could have had an acrimonious, bitter, drawn out divorce given the circumstances, but she didn't.  The Count and her settled amicably, are co-parenting and she set about getting her financial house in order. She didn't become mired in what she used to be or what she used to have -aside from the Countess title of course LOL.  She downsized accordingly, sold what assets/property needed to be sold and kept it moving.  Say what you want about Lu but her shit stays together. She doesn't seem to spend an exorbitant amount of money on clothes, shoes or bags but she usually looks fashionable and put together. 

Sure she had a campy so-called singing career but she has also brought products to market like her low budget clothing line and home goods which she sells on shopping channels. Are they Skinnygirl successful? Probably not, however, she has demonstrated that she has the savvy, acumen, focus and tenaciousness to offer a decent final product to the masses. 

I think it just sucks that she is reduced to being the chick who likes to party and sleep around by half the cast. Not cool. 

With Ramona and Sonja mentioning the squirting thing and than Ramona trying to pump Rey for scoop on the Countess, I can kinda see where Lu feels like some of the ladies are looking for a 'gotcha' moment with her. 

Edited by islandgal140
spelling
  • Love 24

Re the serving caviar question: I've has it served that way, in the tin on a little crystal pedestal surrounded by crushed or shaved ice, with the blinis, sour cream, chopped egg and onion underneath. This is fine dining, and usually vodka shots or based drinks. So seeing Bethenny's setup didn't phase me. I think the serving spoons are specialized also and made of mother of pearl? That was what Bethenny was aiming for. It must be traditional. I don't know what the usherette/cigarette concession girl added to the experience. I'm surprised Ramona didn't have her shoveling in spadefuls. 

First time I saw this presentation, there was cognitive dissonance. Fine dining and a tin with product name and logo? It just seems to be the way it's done

• Love 3

I think the wives covered for Luann's sleeping around proclivities while pretending to be the oh-so-proper "Countess" in the early seasons all the time, resent it, and for some reason, especially after the Johnny Depp pirate shenanigans were caught on film while she was in a long term relationship with Jacques?  Are just letting it all fly with Luann now.

Remember, the old Luann got in a lot of digs about the "improper" behavior of Ramona, Sonja, and Bethenny for years, while pretending to be above such crass behavior.

When did the flip switch?  Probably the married pirate and going after Carole with a vengeance about dating her own younger man.

• Love 10

Everyone knows that Ramona wouldn't get through one entire date without having (some kind of) sex with the guy.

I don't know about that. I remember Ramona talking about all the rules she had as a single woman (weren't they published in some magazine, back in the day??). My mom once gave me a couple of The Rules (I was aghast) and I can totally see Ramona working The Rules. I don't think she's looking for sex so much as attention. For her, the power is not in having sex, but lining up the second date. And the third. And so on. She wants to be in demand. If she puts out, I bet the guy has to have jumped through particular hoops first (did we go to a Michelin restaurant first, does he make more than Mario, did he call me before Wednesday for a Saturday night date, etc.) Can you see Ramona sending sexts?! I can't.

"If I hear loud voices I protect my facial and run for the hills." What the hell is Jules talking about? 

I thought it was a riff on how women in the RH franchises tend to get emotional and often throw things - wine, glasses, or flipped tables. Of all the reasons to avoid conflict, protecting a facial is a first. But we saw what happened to Kristin in the Berkshires.

I like bushy eyebrows. They are back in style because of this one model... can't remember her name. 

Cara Delevingne?

• Love 3

Bethenny:  "Like the blind leading the deaf."

That doesn't even make sense.  'The blind leading the blind', now that makes sense.  Deaf people aren't blind.

Maybe Beth is trying to invent a new catchphrase  - One that she actually made up and isn't from 1987.  Fail.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I think the wives covered for Luann's sleeping around proclivities while pretending to be the oh-so-proper "Countess" in the early seasons all the time, resent it, and for some reason, especially after the Johnny Depp pirate shenanigans were caught on film while she was in a long term relationship with Jacques?  Are just letting it all fly with Luann now.

Remember, the old Luann got in a lot of digs about the "improper" behavior of Ramona, Sonja, and Bethenny for years, while pretending to be above such crass behavior.

When did the flip switch?  Probably the married pirate and going after Carole with a vengeance about dating her own younger man.

See I don't think boorish manners and one's sex life are equivalents.  Ramona has provided season after season of inappropriate comments, behavior and untruths.  Ramona felt like Luann giving Bethenny a purse at her birthday party was inappropriate.  Then use that example (once-not fifty times) but don't counter every call out on Ramona's atrocious behavior with a "sleeping around" comment.  Ramona just has volumes of inappropriate, manipulative, dishonest behavior. 

I can't see how commenting about someone peeing on camera has anything to do with who someone sleeps with or how many.  It is not as if she is sleeping with these guys on camera.  I don't think you can have it both ways and be out there dating and then call out another's behavior.  Bethenny has made her love life off limits, should she afford Luann the same courtesy?  The idea it happened during the filming season does not make it fair game or in front of another castmate.  Turks and Caicos and the separated guy came about via gossip from the houseboy.  Kristen thought the need to bring up but she sure didn't bring up Bethenny having dated her husband.  (Thank you Brandi Glanville for this reveal.)  So the balance of power is out of kilter. 

To me crass behavior (insert Ramona photo here) is not the same as one's sex life.  Really, once Luann has come to a decision to be in a committed relationship, why bring up her history?  Do they want her relationship to fail?  Does it make them feel better?  I think Erika has a word for this type of behavior.

3 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Bethenny:  "Like the blind leading the deaf."

That doesn't even make sense.  'The blind leading the blind', now that makes sense.  Deaf people aren't blind.

Maybe Beth is trying to invent a new catchphrase  - One that she actually made up and isn't from 1987.  Fail.

A thousand times this and self cackling doesn't make it any more logical or funny.  I am sure T-Shirts will be for sale soon.  Like "Zero Fucks" and "Get off my jock".

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

I will admit that I gave Lu the side eye when she said she was a mentor to Sonja. However, now in retrospect, if I think about it and squint my eyes why the hell not. Okay, maybe supportive coach is more accurate but Lu can offer valuable life lessons to Sonja. Lu could have had an acrimonious, bitter, drawn out divorce given the circumstances, but she didn't.  The Count and her settled amicably, are co-parenting and she set about getting her financial house in order. She didn't become mired in what she used to be or what she used to have -aside from the Countess title of course LOL.  She downsized accordingly, sold what assets/property needed to be sold and kept it moving.  Say what you want about Lu but her shit stays together. She doesn't seem to spend an exorbitant amount of money on clothes, shoes or bags but she usually looks fashionable and put together. 

Sure she had a campy so-called singing career but she has also brought products to market like her low budget clothing line and home goods which she sells on shopping channels. Are they Skinnygirl successful? Probably not, however, she has demonstrated that she has the savvy, acumen, focus and tenaciousness to offer a decent final product to the masses. 

I think it just sucks that she is reduced to being the chick who likes to party and sleep around by half the cast. Not cool. 

With Ramona and Sonja mentioning the squirting thing and than Ramona trying to pump Rey for scoop on the Countess, I can kinda see where Lu feels like some of the ladies are looking for a 'gotcha' moment with her. 

See this is what I think. I think Lu can handle herself up to a point... Then she gets messy. I think this is why she strives to keep a certain amount of aloofness whenever addressing any kind of conflict with these women and goes about certain conversations in a dismissive way. I don't think she necessarily wants to be cutting but I do think when it does get into murky waters she gets a bit panicked and levels up with more harshness to try to put shit to bed once and for all. Or at least present it as so beneath anyone's time that the people are feel stupid to pursue the issue anymore. I get that it rubs people the wrong way but it's better than letting it turn into a monster of an issue that ends ups never going away and rearing its ugly head over and over again. Now once shit gets away from her and it turns into a straight up cat fight she's out of her depth and that's where things start getting really nasty cause mud slinging to that degree is not really her thing and she doesn't know how to measure the insults accordingly. She over shoots, mixes subjects and pretty much just swings wildly. I think we got a view of that with her issues with Carole last season. Whenever a conflict bubbles over and goes from nasty nice, into NOT NICE (Beth, Ramona,) territory she doesn't know what to do with blatant rudeness that deserves the heavy artillery so she ends up coming up with some silliness and comes off looking stupid and like she's going overboard.  

When it comes to everything you mentioned especially the bolded it's the truth and I really resent that none of these women recognize this. I don't care if they think she's had some missteps, has had her mean moments or has been rude. They all have been not so nice and just because Lu's brand of putting you on notice comes with 2 air kisses doesn't make it any more heinous than the other HW's brand of bullshit. Actually Lu's brand puts it out there then waves it away in order to move on to new opportunities to get to a better place but if you want to keep pulling her back to duke out some previous slight just cause instead of just letting go and finding better ground then I can't see that as being any better than Lu. Add the fact that they can all just be regulated to just co-workers and just how close do you even NEED to get to Lu anyway. Shit the bitch is cordial, mellow and likes to have fun, isn't CONSTANTLY gunning for anyone and doesn't set a manic tone so I really don't get how she's such a louse to some.

She's showed that she has a pretty decent head on her shoulders. Can be down to earth and laugh it up at a party. I don't see anything about this women that is so gosh darn nerve racking to be around or anything extremely impossible to manuver through if I had to be in the same space as her. Not that serious. Shit I've had frenemies, with way worse bad blood and history that I was able to drink and be in the same room with and even have a couple of laughs over drinks. Sheesh, life's too short and yet these women keep coming for Lu like she's done something completely off the charts. She's the only one that seems rather well adjusted to life in general, on and off the Bravo cameras and when she hits a rough spot it isn't some OH MY GOD melt down ala chapter 7 or raised with wolves, locked in bathroom rant or tears and screams over a stranger in the other room (although I was on Heathers side with that one) or even a Ramona crying fest complete with thrashing on the bed. I think that's why they are always on her case. She's breezy with a hint of reptile.. and I just want to bottle that shit up and sell it! Now that's one product I wouldn't hesitate to give Lu credit for. LOL.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

See I don't think boorish manners and one's sex life are equivalents.  Ramona has provided season after season of inappropriate comments, behavior and untruths.  Ramona felt like Luann giving Bethenny a purse at her birthday party was inappropriate.  Then use that example (once-not fifty times) but don't counter every call out on Ramona's atrocious behavior with a "sleeping around" comment.  Ramona just has volumes of inappropriate, manipulative, dishonest behavior. 

I can't see how commenting about someone peeing on camera has anything to do with who someone sleeps with or how many.  It is not as if she is sleeping with these guys on camera.  I don't think you can have it both ways and be out there dating and then call out another's behavior.  Bethenny has made her love life off limits, should she afford Luann the same courtesy?  The idea it happened during the filming season does not make it fair game or in front of another castmate.  Turks and Caicos and the separated guy came about via gossip from the houseboy.  Kristen thought the need to bring up but she sure didn't bring up Bethenny having dated her husband.  (Thank you Brandi Glanville for this reveal.)  So the balance of power is out of kilter. 

To me crass behavior (insert Ramona photo here) is not the same as one's sex life.  Really, once Luann has come to a decision to be in a committed relationship, why bring up her history?  Do they want her relationship to fail?  Does it make them feel better?  I think Erika has a word for this type of behavior.

When Carole/Heather and Luann were going at it, I got it/understood why it was happening. It was in context to what we saw on the show, the same with the pirate reveal (Carole teasing Luann/Sonja). I even get why Carole is like a dog with a bone at this point (even though I think it is ridiculous) but Bethenny....really.....come on. LOL It's not like Bethenny is some prude that lives like a hermit herself. I so wish someone would call Bethenny out on her hypocrisy about dating/sex and hiding it on the show while using others as fodder for the show.

As for Ramona, YES, I do think she wants Luann/Tom to fail. She can't handle the idea that Luann found love/commitment before she did....her ego won't allow it because she thinks she is far more desirable/wife material than either Luann or Sonja have ever been or ever will be. Ramona really believes she is all that plus a bag of chips. LOL  

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

When Carole/Heather and Luann were going at it, I got it/understood why it was happening. It was in context to what we saw on the show, the same with the pirate reveal (Carole teasing Luann/Sonja). I even get why Carole is like a dog with a bone at this point (even though I think it is ridiculous) but Bethenny....really.....come on. LOL It's not like Bethenny is some prude that lives like a hermit herself. I so wish someone would call Bethenny out on her hypocrisy about dating/sex and hiding it on the show while using others as fodder for the show.

As for Ramona, YES, I do think she wants Luann/Tom to fail. She can't handle the idea that Luann found love/commitment before she did....her ego won't allow it because she thinks she is far more desirable/wife material than either Luann or Sonja have ever been or ever will be. Ramona really believes she is all that plus a bag of chips. LOL  

I think in typical Ramona style, she somehow needs to make Luann's relationship all about her.  I bet she puts out there she was dating Tom while he was dating Luann.  I would love Ramona to, "back that shit up,"  and say show a text from him.  My guess is once she found out Tom was dating Ramona (and thank you Bethenny for bringing it up), Ramona put him on blast.  More crazy to come from Ramona.

• Love 3

In what may go down as the least agreed with post ever on here, I offer this:

Bethenny's problem isn't with LuAnn sleeping around, it's with LuAnn not being real.  Being real (and a real B in many cases) is what gained Bethenny her popularity. She sees it as a fairly simple formula  Be Real + Call People Out When They Aren't = Ratings.  If you look at her twitter feed with people commenting that she should tone it down a little, her response is always some version of- If I did that the show would be boring as *bleep*.  Depending on the season we get Lu or we get the Countess.  The Countess blows.  She's uppity, full of herself, and is constantly critical of her castmates.  Bethenny doesn't like the Countess, but she does like Lu, because to her Lu is the more "real" version of LuAnn.

Second unpopular stance....I don't think Ramona is some horny divorcee sleeping around with a ton of guys.  From her blog it seems like she and Tom dated a few times, but he has never been married and doesn't have older kids, so he wasn't what she was looking for.  I don't think she even slept with him (I could be proven wrong as early as next week on that one.).  If you look back through the seasons, she's always been prudish when it comes to her own sex life.  When they got her the handcuffs (or maybe it was scarves) for her "renewal bachelorette" on Scary Island, she didn't have a clue what to do with them.  I think she resents that Sonja and Luann are so free sexually, because in her mind (I repeat....HER mind) it's amoral.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, JenFromCincy said:

In what may go down as the least agreed with post ever on here, I offer this:

Bethenny's problem isn't with LuAnn sleeping around, it's with LuAnn not being real.  Being real (and a real B in many cases) is what gained Bethenny her popularity. She sees it as a fairly simple formula  Be Real + Call People Out When They Aren't = Ratings.  If you look at her twitter feed with people commenting that she should tone it down a little, her response is always some version of- If I did that the show would be boring as *bleep*.  Depending on the season we get Lu or we get the Countess.  The Countess blows.  She's uppity, full of herself, and is constantly critical of her castmates.  Bethenny doesn't like the Countess, but she does like Lu, because to her Lu is the more "real" version of LuAnn.

Second unpopular stance....I don't think Ramona is some horny divorcee sleeping around with a ton of guys.  From her blog it seems like she and Tom dated a few times, but he has never been married and doesn't have older kids, so he wasn't what she was looking for.  I don't think she even slept with him (I could be proven wrong as early as next week on that one.).  If you look back through the seasons, she's always been prudish when it comes to her own sex life.  When they got her the handcuffs (or maybe it was scarves) for her "renewal bachelorette" on Scary Island, she didn't have a clue what to do with them.  I think she resents that Sonja and Luann are so free sexually, because in her mind (I repeat....HER mind) it's amoral.

The Bethenny of past HW shows, before her spinoffs, was more "real" than the Countess/Luann but the current Bethenny, since she rejoined the show, is as far from "real" as the Countess was.  Bethenny is "uppity, full of herself, and is constantly critical of her castmates" both to their faces and in her THs. Pot.....meet kettle!! LOL I also don't think Bethenny differentiates between the Countess and Luann/Lu, she can't stand any of them and harbors old grudges to this day.

I agree, Ramona is not sleeping around because he didn't meet her odd/weird criteria for marriage material but her calling out Luann for not only dating him but getting engaged to him is ridiculous. She is angry that Luann didn't call her and tell her/ask permission to date him is OTT. Especially considering that she claims that Sonja dated him on and off for 10 years and she didn't say squat to Sonja when she went out with him. She claims she didn't know that Sonja/Tom dated at all , let alone for 10 years, even though they are bffs. 0089.gif

• Love 10