Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: All The Countess's Men

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Wow, talk about journalism.  That entire article has been lifted from B's snapchat.  Every single picture and video.  I don't remember if B called it a jeep but wouldn't be surprised.  I just like following her snapchat so that I can imagine Jill watching.  This weekend B and her daughter and her dog bundled themselves up in blankets and napped while her driver took them to the Hamptons.  Then B had the crew in to set up the outside furniture.  Then she took deliver of her custom convertible ford.  Then she took delivery of three custom bicycles.  Then she got a pedicure.  And its only Saturday! 

Look at this way if Ford ever decides to buy Jeep-Bethenny can say it was her idea.  :-)

I would think if one designed the entire car they would realize it is a 1970's era Ford Bronco.   The upholstery was lovely and it was a really cute ride. 

3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I dont. She can't get basic facts correct, she said Bethanny and Dorinda were brought in to replace Heather and Kristen. She also said she was scared of John and crying when he put his hand in her face. She kept going in on him which is why he put his hand near her face more than once and she clearly wasn't crying. She invents a story in her head and convinces her self its true like when she was telling the story at the caviar party that was ridiculously inaccurate. Given that I can't believe her about the things we didn't see.

She also said Richard was on the board of Harvard-it was Yale.  it makes me wonder about how accurate her book is and all the tales of abuse as a child.  Could she maybe have reordered how things went down?

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Well that's weird.  Anyway, it was strongly indicated last season at T&C.  There was the married Irishman, and at least one other guy that Bethenny mentioned.  Sure we didn't see Luann rolling in the sheets.  She lied about sleeping with anyone, then she mentioned Heather tried to catch her in the act as she was swinging from the chandelier, so I'm going by what seems obvious.

But I'm not going to argue with you about it.  You don't think Lu grabbing her boy toy and coyly saying she's taking him to the bathroom meant anything other than him guarding the door for her.  We're given plenty of evidence.  Some interpret it one way, some interpret it another.  I disagree that this hasn't been shown.

Yea, It was implied and discussed here last year that it sounded like Lu had had sex with several different men in the span of a few days. When they were at dinner on the first night of their trip last season, someone (I think Beth) asked her when last she had had mind-blowing sex, and she said "Yesterday". Everyone was cheering and seemed happy that she had a guy back home to keep her satisfied. Then there was the deal with the dude in her bedroom, and who knows what happened, but surely it was possible that there was some sex going on. Later Beth and Carole said that they all knew she had had sex with the young man who worked on the boat as well. They were only in the trip for 3 days, so yep, that would mean she'd had sex with 3 guys in about 4 days. More power to her. If nothing else, Lu seems to enjoy the fact that she has reputation for having a healthy sexual appetite. Leading that young man into the bathroom on camera with a wink was certainly creating an impression they were looking for a quickie. So was the stuff that went down on vacation. This ain't her first rodeo. She got caught with the pirate and knows how these things work. I think she loves this particular kind of attention. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Yea, It was implied and discussed here last year that it sounded like Lu had had sex with several different men in the span of a few days. When they were at dinner on the first night of their trip last season, someone (I think Beth) asked her when last she had had mind-blowing sex, and she said "Yesterday". Everyone was cheering and seemed happy that she had a guy back home to keep her satisfied. Then there was the deal with the dude in her bedroom, and who knows what happened, but surely it was possible that there was some sex going on. Later Beth and Carole said that they all knew she had had sex with the young man who worked on the boat as well. They were only in the trip for 3 days, so yep, that would mean she'd had sex with 3 guys in about 4 days. More power to her. If nothing else, Lu seems to enjoy the fact that she has reputation for having a healthy sexual appetite. Leading that young man into the bathroom on camera with a wink was certainly creating an impression they were looking for a quickie. So was the stuff that went down on vacation. This ain't her first rodeo. She got caught with the pirate and knows how these things work. I think she loves this particular kind of attention. 

I agree. It doesn't matter if she slept with them or not, she loves the attention she gets from the others (and viewers) thinking/speculating if she did. She loves being seen as the HW that embraces her sexuality on the show.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Umbelina said:

That is really a good article/interview.  http://www.realitytea.com/2016/05/27/ramona-singer-says-sonja-morgan-dated-luanns-man-ten-years-rhony-tea/

I never thought I'd say this, but I believe Ramona about almost all of it.

I will assume that Ramona was drunk during this interview. Doesn't she remember that Heather and Kristen were on the show at the same time Beth and Dorinda were? She says that when they left, the show got Dorinda and Beth in their place. And when did she become a "caregiver"? I am also having a hard time wrapping my arms around the fact that Sonja dated this dude for 10 years. I know they dated because Sonja has said so, but for 10 years, and Lu had never met him before? That just sounds strange to me.  

• Love 7

10 years?!? This would have to have been before Sonja married J.A. Also why couldn't Sonja seal the deal with Tom D'Agostino after a decade of dating? When Sonja would have been dating him, D'Agostino's was doing much better than it is now. Weird. I don't believe that Sonja was ever dating him in an exclusive fashion. I think she was just part of his roster for a decade.

• Love 8

Here is the story about her new car:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3613438/Bethenny-Frankel-unveils-new-custom-jeep-arriving-Hamptons-course-s-painted-Skinnygirl-colours.html  Hint it is not a Jeep.  It is a Ford.  So much for branding.

I can't believe that these articles are now lifting material entirely from celebrities' Snapchats, although I suppose it's not that shocking.

As a Jeeper, it annoyed me a bit that she called it such, but whatever.  I guess if I ever pass her in the Hamptons, I just won't do the Wrangler wave! 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is the story about her new car:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3613438/Bethenny-Frankel-unveils-new-custom-jeep-arriving-Hamptons-course-s-painted-Skinnygirl-colours.html  Hint it is not a Jeep.  It is a Ford.  So much for branding.

Yikes.  I don't know if she claimed it was a jeep or not, but in any case who would anyone, except a famewhore, want to drive around the Hamptons in that?  I'm not saying it's not cute but really?  Hey, look at me, Bethenny Frankel, you know, the fabulous business expert who developed 'skinnygirl'.  And here's my daughter....

On another note, it isn't a fact that Tom D'Agostino is related to the D'Agostino supermarket chain (which doesn't even matter much because the chain is struggling).  He is CEO of Smart Source.

• Love 3

I'm not entirely convinced that Jules is less boring than Kristen. However, Kristen was a bit whiny and didn't really have a personality. Her husband seemed to be annoyed by her and she complained about everything. As far as I could tell, she didn't really have friends on the show, but people (Carole and Heather) who she tagged around. No one has mentioned her (but do they mention anyone from past seasons? I think Bethanny brought up Alex briefly). It's not like BH where they refer back to people (especially Brandi and Kim) all the time.

Jules seems to have a real friendship with Dorinda, probably because she and her husband like John so there is no conflict, and maybe they are the only people that like John. Jules also seems very nervous, but she's not negative and her husband is such a sweetie. Carole and Bethanny appear to really dislike her, but so far they are sucking it up and Jules isn't addressing it or at least ignoring it. 

I started watching when Sonja was cast on the show, and I've always really liked Sonja in terms of her personality. Do I want to be business partners with her? NO. Would I hang out with her and drink? ABSOLUTELY.

I would never want to hang out with Bethanny. She would probably give me my once every 10 years migraine. I wouldn't want to hang out with Jules because she doesn't seem too fun, unless I'm really hungry, in which case I would allow her to feed me since she likes to give guests tons of food. I don't smoke pot and starve myself so Carole is out. 

Can't think of any more catty things to say at the moment... will probably have more later. 

• Love 7

I saw a couple posts about Jules needing to learn how to "string a sentence together." Is this B's influence--since that's the reputation she was trying to stamp her with for being Japanese--or are there instances I've missed? I haven't noticed her having difficulty speaking except for when she was facing off Bethenny who would intimidate anyone, especially fresh blood like herself. Moreover, she was admitting to her struggle with eating disorders, which is another topic that I can forgive stammering for. 

• Love 3

If I was Jason Hoppy I would be asking if that old Ford had airbags and seat belts. Seriously. Brynn wouldn't have a chance in that backseat versus a modern car in a collision. Yah yah running errands, just hitting the beach with it local cruising but you don't take chances in a vehicle anywhere with a child. Bethennys attention getting device of the moment is just another toy. 

In  one of the scenes in the Berkshires the chalkboard said "Lucy's meds". Unless that's a euphemism for Luanns meds (!) I bet Dorinda has a pet named Lucy. That Ramona can cast responsibility for poop on the grass and carpets. 

Can one with a fish allergy eat caviar? 

• Love 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is the story about her new car:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3613438/Bethenny-Frankel-unveils-new-custom-jeep-arriving-Hamptons-course-s-painted-Skinnygirl-colours.html  Hint it is not a Jeep.  It is a Ford.  So much for branding.

This is very interesting to me. When I was a kid in the Motor City, any vehicle that looked like that was called a jeep.  My dad had one restored from the late '40s.  It was a Ford.  Jeep, to me, has always been like Kleenex is to tissues.  So I did a little digging because I wondered why my brilliant father always called that old Ford a jeep.

Apparently the word, Jeep, comes from WW1.  Their trucks were called "GPs" for General Purpose or Government Passenger vehicles. So, Jeep.  Another theory is that they were called that because of a cartoon character named Eugene the Jeep who could do anything, go anywhere. 

Only 3 companies produced these for the government during the war.  But only Ford was able to continue with production demands.  So, technically, as much as I hate to admit it, Bethenny isn't wrong. 

My god.  She IS a know-it-all

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Yikes.  I don't know if she claimed it was a jeep or not, but in any case who would anyone, except a famewhore, want to drive around the Hamptons in that?  I'm not saying it's not cute but really?  Hey, look at me, Bethenny Frankel, you know, the fabulous business expert who developed 'skinnygirl'.  And here's my daughter....

On another note, it isn't a fact that Tom D'Agostino is related to the D'Agostino supermarket chain (which doesn't even matter much because the chain is struggling).  He is CEO of Smart Source.

Or, who would want to do that yoga move on the roof? Really Bethy? We get it, you are so much more fabulouser than any of us could ever dream to be. 

Her whole persona is nothing but,  LOOK AT ME!

• Love 9

On Carole, I find it really sad that she's in a relationship in which she knows she only has about "5 summers left."  I don't know it's so much that she wants him to experience having a kid, or more of an acknowledgement that she's older and has about 5 more years in which her being older isn't an issue (looks wise).  I suspect she thought he'd be a fun fling and didn't expect feelings to be there, but I think she's in love and sad that she knows it's got a short life span.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

This is very interesting to me. When I was a kid in the Motor City, any vehicle that looked like that was called a jeep.  My dad had one restored from the late '40s.  It was a Ford.  Jeep, to me, has always been like Kleenex is to tissues.  So I did a little digging because I wondered why my brilliant father always called that old Ford a jeep.

Apparently the word, Jeep, comes from WW1.  Their trucks were called "GPs" for General Purpose or Government Passenger vehicles. So, Jeep.  Another theory is that they were called that because of a cartoon character named Eugene the Jeep who could do anything, go anywhere. 

Only 3 companies produced these for the government during the war.  But only Ford was able to continue with production demands.  So, technically, as much as I hate to admit it, Bethenny isn't wrong. 

Same.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

It is a Ford Bronco.  She is not correct.  Your dad making the same mistake doesn't make Bethenny's misusage of a BRAND correct.  Willy's used the name Jeep. Ford went with GP during their production of vehicles for the armed services. Willy's trademarked it. it would the same as calling a four wheel drive Suburban a Humvee.  The correct classification would be an SUV. 

Bethenny is all about the branding and a '70s Bronco is not a Jeep.   It is like the word "coke" as it applies to soda.  When people say a "coke" it is not necessarily a Coca-Cola or even a cola beverage.  Coca-Cola has demanded that premises serving competitors advise the patron it is Pespi-Cola or RC Cola or whatever they serve if it is not a Coca-Cola. Coca-Cola has trademarked Coke. 

• Love 3

When I was watching the argument over copying Skinnygirl a comment Bethenny made stood out:  "everyone copied me.  I was the first person besides Diddy to do it."  Would that not mean that she copied Diddy?  Would that put her at the front of the line of cheater brands/copiers?

Yeah, it seems like she may have done what she accuses others of doing.

There's a brand of low-cal wines called The Skinny Vine. Did Beth lose her shit over that?

I was grossed out at Ramona washing her shiddy sneakers in Dorinda's KITCHEN SINK!!!!

There was a washer and dryer there, so it was probably a laundry room sink.

I would think if one designed the entire car they would realize it is a 1970's era Ford Bronco.

One would think. Miss Brand definitely doesn't know it all, technically or otherwise.

Heather knew not to call her and Jonathan's '70s model convertible Bronco a "jeep". Holla!

Or, who would want to do that yoga move on the roof?

I wonder what Beth thinks of Cary Deuber's yoga skills? She would probably tell Cary she's doing it wrong.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

All I can remember is Bethenny snidely remarking that Kelly thought she was "all that" because she drove an old pick up around the Hamptons.  I guess Bethenny is All That now too.

• Love 5

When I was watching the argument over copying Skinnygirl a comment Bethenny made stood out:  "everyone copied me.  I was the first person besides Diddy to do it."  Would that not mean that she copied Diddy?  Would that put her at the front of the line of cheater brands/copiers?

Geez. Talk about self aggrandizement. 

If you're the first person besides someone else you are not first. That makes you, minimally, second.  And I have a hard time believeing that diddy was the first. What an ass. 

And, ryebread, even had she been right about the vehicle she probably paid bunches for, even a blind pig can find an acorn. Broken clocks...

And as irrational as this sounds, if she had gotten a Jeep like mine I would have felt mine to be somewhat "tainted". Glad it's a Ford. Hated my Ford. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ryebread said:

I'd call it a jeep too.  As you said, it's like Kleenex and Tissue.  I'll always call it Kleenex even if it's some other brand.  I live in jeep and off road territory, no matter what the brand, even among gear-heads, that would be called a jeep.  Small j jeep.  I was in the Philippines and everyone there called any brand of toothpaste Colgate.  Another WWII hang over.  

It happens and really, it has zero importance. 

• Love 15

I'm of the opinions that words really matter!

And a brand is a brand. Companies pay big bucks on branding and expect brand loyalty. You'd think the Queen of Branding would feel the same.

Look at the discussion that ensued 'cuz Bethy didn't know what kind of vehicle she paid oodles for. What other brands is she spouting off about with no concern?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ryebread said:

You Motor City folks and your car knowledge...I married one of these fellows. A nice girl minding her own business in Oklahoma, when this dude from Detroit moves to town with his very old Bronco (with a rusted out bottom courtesy of Michigan winters), and tells people he drives a Jeep. Knowing not a thing about cars I didn't notice, but his roommates gave him hell. How could a Detroit boy not know the difference?  For him it was something about Ford engineers being the ones to develop the Jeep, and the Bronco supposedly being Ford's street version to compete in the 70's (I may have that all wrong or he might have been nuts/drunk/wrong). He still tells our kids he use to have a Jeep. Since moving to Michigan, I have become a fairly passionate consumer of cars made by US car companies, and was happy to see her buy a Ford.  Speaking for the Motor City, it is much appreciated, no matter what she calls it.  Now, should I see her wearing my latest obsession - Shinola watches - I will be in love with her again. 

• Love 2
(edited)

And that's something she could have pointed out, Made in USA! (Lots of those "foreign" cars are also made stateside though I get your point.)

Maybe she can't be all, USA! RahRahRah! 'cuz who knows where all of her SG crap is made?

eta: what if she calls the Shinola watch something else? 

(sorry, seriously a brand loyal person here.)

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2

An actual conversation I had two weeks ago:

Me: I think for my next car I want to get a Jeep.

Friend: Seriously? I would never think of you as a jeep person. Like with the zippered windows? What's next? Camping?

Me: No...not a jeep jeep, like a Jeep Cherokee.

I grew up calling that particular type of car a jeep and so did my friends and family. It's not correct, true, but apparently that's what happened to many of us for whatever reason. Someone better call the Jeep police. Tell them to drive over in whatever kind of jeep they prefer. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I find this whole discussion of jeeps (and Jeeps) hilarious. Like Otherkate, I was thinking of buying a jeep (small j) two years ago - zippered windows and all. I bought a Nissan Rogue instead - a SUV. Meanwhile my brother drives a Jeep Cherokee. It is a Jeep but it is not a jeep. It is an SUV, just like my vehicle. So in conclusion - at least IMO - a Jeep may or may not be a jeep. And a jeep may or may not be a Jeep.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, ryebread said:

Waves hand - Another Motor City poster.  I was interning at Chrysler when they acquired the rights to the Jeep.  One of the vice presidents said to me, "Just give us time, we'll kill this brand".  He was right the Jeeps of today or no longer anything like the go-anywhere Jeeps of yesterday.  They might show it off-road now but they all have a clause when purchasing that the consumer must understand this vehicle is not safe off-road.  

Carole - She is dating a chef and yet has no kitchen?

• Love 3

Well Jeep or Ford, Ramoana has scratched the door. B posted Moaner apologizing on Snapchat. That's right B has a 2 day old custom car and Moana opened the door into a rock. Well as Moana sees it it really is Bethenny's fault for parking too close to a rock. You can't make this shit up. 

• Love 23
56 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Well Jeep or Ford, Ramoana has scratched the door. B posted Moaner apologizing on Snapchat. That's right B has a 2 day old custom car and Moana opened the door into a rock. Well as Moana sees it it really is Bethenny's fault for parking too close to a rock. You can't make this shit up. 

Oh, please tell me they were filming.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

The Crazy Noodle

I was having a nice conversation with Bethenny and then out of nowhere the Jeep door got in my face. I was scared. Truly, I have never had a Jeep get in my face like that. I mean who does that? I said Oh My God...I never want to be in your presence ever again. Bethenny I don't know what happenned.

• Love 11

Hey, imho, Bethy is at the very least a bit of a hypocrite.

What would she do if someone wanted to get skinny with a tipsy or tipsy with a skinny? 

I guess that would matter because it's all about the B.

And I stand my claim that words really matter. 

And in a wacky way I want to agree with Moaner. How close did B park to that rock?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

It is a Ford Bronco.  She is not correct.  Your dad making the same mistake doesn't make Bethenny's misusage of a BRAND correct.  Willy's used the name Jeep. Ford went with GP during their production of vehicles for the armed services. Willy's trademarked it. it would the same as calling a four wheel drive Suburban a Humvee.  The correct classification would be an SUV. 

Bethenny is all about the branding and a '70s Bronco is not a Jeep.   It is like the word "coke" as it applies to soda.  When people say a "coke" it is not necessarily a Coca-Cola or even a cola beverage.  Coca-Cola has demanded that premises serving competitors advise the patron it is Pespi-Cola or RC Cola or whatever they serve if it is not a Coca-Cola. Coca-Cola has trademarked Coke. 

I know this is beside the point (sorry!) but I have heard this before and it fascinates me. So when these people go to their local McDonald's or Burger KIng and they order a Coke, does the conversation go anything like this:

Customer: I'll have a coke please

Employee: What kind of coke do you want?

Customer: A Sprite

How does the "calling every soft drink coke" actually play out?

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

Hey, imho, Bethy is at the very least a bit of a hypocrite.

What would she do if someone wanted to get skinny with a tipsy or tipsy with a skinny? 

I guess that would matter because it's all about the B.

And I stand my claim that words really matter. 

And in a wacky way I want to agree with Moaner. How close did B park to that rock?

Or if someone called her new Skinnygirl Watermelon Margarita a Watermelon-Rita? Because that is a Bud Light beverage.

Or did Bethenny really design every inch of her?  The suspension, the grill, the tires, the roll bar, the body? 

Words are pretty important.  How does the design, body fenders differ from this Ford Bronco (not to be confused with a Jeep)?  Would it not be more accurate to say she picked the exterior colors and interior upholstery (which is outstanding)?  I doubt she designed the bones of the seats.  To me, in grandstanding to say you designed every inch of a car-because somewhere in Detroit are car designers that put it all together many years ago.  I am not pretending this is the identical year but I don't really see Bethenny putting pen to paper and designing a from scratch body, engine, suspension system.

Ford-Bronco-Images.jpg

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, Jel said:

I know this is beside the point (sorry!) but I have heard this before and it fascinates me. So when these people go to their local McDonald's or Burger KIng and they order a Coke, does the conversation go anything like this:

Customer: I'll have a coke please

Employee: What kind of coke do you want?

Customer: A Sprite

How does the "calling every soft drink coke" actually play out?

Read the first comment from Aaron- http://concurringopinions.com/archives/2009/09/is-coke-a-generic-mark.html  I guess it happens.  I don't drink soft drinks so the cola wars are lost on me.  The second comment is about a comedienne answering if a Pepsi is okay.  I hope that helps.

• Love 1
(edited)

Thanks zoeysmom, that's exactly what I was after. This snip from that comment you mentioned just tickled me:  

I’ve had the experience of ordering a Coke in the South and being asked “What kind of Coke do you want? We’ve got 7-Up, Root Beer, and orange.”  

Pure awesome.

(Wonder if you order a Coke coke to prevent the "what kind of coke do you want" question.)

Edited by Jel
  • Love 3

Apparently the word, Jeep, comes from WW1.  Their trucks were called "GPs" for General Purpose or Government Passenger vehicles. So, Jeep.  Another theory is that they were called that because of a cartoon character named Eugene the Jeep who could do anything, go anywhere. 

The WWII Army contract went to Willys. But yes, a lot of people do actually use the word "Jeep" as a catch-all phrase for those types of 4WD vehicles, given the fact that there were Ford GP and GPW vehicles during WWII.  I think Willys got the trademark to Jeep in 1950.

Anyway, let's all remember that this isn't the only "Jeep" in her fleet:

http://www.people.com/article/bethenny-frankel-yoga-instagram-backbend-over-jeep

It's interesting because if I had all that money, I would go with a restored Willys or CJ-5, or even an old Land Rover.  But to each her own.  I think Broncos are more $ to restore and work on than Jeeps, but I doubt that's an issue for her!

He was right the Jeeps of today or no longer anything like the go-anywhere Jeeps of yesterday.  They might show it off-road now but they all have a clause when purchasing that the consumer must understand this vehicle is not safe off-road.  

Well given that the original Willys had no seatbelts, airbags, and could be made amphibious by using asbestos, I'd say at least the radio is an upgrade.  And by gosh, are they fun to drive over sand dunes! 

• Love 2
(edited)

"designed every inch of her"

"doesn't have parents"

"lost at sea"

"you fu*k everybody!" (preview to Luann) 

same same from B who exaggerates to say look at me, look at me I need attention ....yawn she's ruining RHoNY . Kelly Bensimon was right about Bethenny from day 1. Her antics are for kids and she is down there. Hyperbole and banter for attention. She's nauseating. 

And once again gain does it have airbags and seat belts?!!

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 12

I've got to give her a pass on this. I have a house in a community where just about everyone owns jeep to drive on the beach. We have an old Land Rover defender, my SIL has an old Toyota FJ but because the are all "soft tops" like a jeep, they are collectively referred to as jeeps. No harm, no foul, it's just a catch-all term at this point, I believe. 

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, prettybird said:

I've got to give her a pass on this. I have a house in a community where just about everyone owns jeep to drive on the beach. We have an old Land Rover defender, my SIL has an old Toyota FJ but because the are all "soft tops" like a jeep, they are collectively referred to as jeeps. No harm, no foul, it's just a catch-all term at this point, I believe. 

Bingo. 

Jeep = Brand.   jeep (little j) = catch all term for this type of vehicle.  Merriam Webster agrees.  Good to know my dad and I and anybody who call(ed) them 'jeeps' aren't mistaken. It's interesting that Beth and the Daily Mail only referred to her car as a 'jeep' not a Jeep. Sounds to me like she understands the origin and the use of the word, too.  Anybody know what year her car is?

Ford's SEA-going jeep was called a 'seep'. 1941

• Love 6

I think Jeep and Ford should both file lawsuits against Beth for referring to that SUV incorrectly especially since she designed every inch of it.  She, the queen of protecting 'brands'. 

It's all rather amusing.....

• Love 8

It happens and really, it has zero importance. 

Well, arguably nothing any of them says is of any real importance.

Beth has proclaimed herself a master and knower of all, so when she's wrong or mistaken, then it's likely to be pointed out. It happens to those who think so ridiculously high of themselves.

• Love 9
(edited)

Ramona seemed jealous of LuAnn to me in about 7 different ways.  Whatever did or didn't transpire between R. and John, there was no chance, ever, of someone of means, looks and apparent sanity would ever try to and ring up Ramona.  We all know this.  Ramona knows this too, and I believe she knows the pool for her in particular is nonexistent: she needs someone who wants her and not some PYT, she feels entitled only to a high-earner in good physical shape, and who does not work in a service profession.  That man hasn't been invented.  And the scenes of poor Coco shitting all over Dorinda's home were straight-up disgusting.  That poor, poor dog - Ramona 'cares' enough to have Coco groomed and have bows stuck in her hair, but not enough to care whether Coco is sick or well, trained or untrained.  Beyond words, beyond vile.

Also...not small voicing this - Ramona's hair, her bug eyes, that crooked fucking set of nostrils and those Janice the Muppet eyelashes!  Good lort.  She doesn't see herself at all. 

I know I should feel sorry for Sexy J but I think she probably did a lot of twatty icing out when she was married to Morgan.  She puts on airs, she wants to try and run with the big dogs (the lawsuit stuff posted back in the day in her thread here was very illuminating), she has no issue flinging out insults to literally everyone in her soft voice - it doesn't work when you don't have a dong plus too much money to care.  With a different crowd, her scheming ass is seen for what it is.  So. 

Bethenny was instantly flaring-nostril rude to LuAnn.  God, fuck her.  She's a shrill narcissistic goddamned bore.  No one besides Crazypants McShrinkingjaw gives an agave-sweetened fuck about that brand origin story.  I love that Lu can stay calm and just kind of needle her. 

I am totally indifferent to LuAnn's dating and sex life.  I don't care, and I like that she is relatively honest and open about some things, and think those things should be hers to share or not -- she could've fronted like she didn't know who Rey was, and clarified that they did have sex.  I think she's relatively unshady, though I was and am Team Heather 100% on Turks (though that is Ramonster's fault).   Bethenny 'Lemme Move in That Rapist' Frankel should shut the fuck up with her 'you fuck everybody!' screaming when she used her pull to excise Michael Cerruti from her storyline.  Fucking hypocrite.  Don't ride your own controversial wangs and then get all high-horsey, horsey. 

Thank you so much to the poster upthread who talked about seeing Jacques and LuAnn with their dogs on the west side.  I think it's really wonderful that Jacques helped a woman find work and supported her sobriety - super, super cool.  It makes me think well of Lu.  It's a pointless comparison yes but I have no doubt that Ramona could never date anyone of such character.  LuAnn, love her, hate her, or be indifferent to her, is a dude magnet, and she can get quality men who probably couldn't care less about Turks and Caicos and her 'dirty' (wtf) side and all the other bullshit.  I don't love LuAnn but I feel at heart THAT is why monsters like Ramona and Bethenny hate her at times.  Lu plays a long game, keeps her temper by and large, and knows to at least try to laugh off some of the shit. 

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 17
(edited)

Around here we call all of the open air/soft top utility vehicles that look like the things soldiers drive only dudied-up "jeeps."  I called my Jeep Cherokee hard top "my Cherokee" as would everyone I know.  Some might call it a truck, some an SUV, but honestly, even though it says (capital J) Jeep people would give me the side eye if that's how I described it.  Similar to jeeps are dune buggies, and some jeeps make great dune buggies with a few modifications.  The old post office vehicles were also called "jeeps" even though they had hard tops, I think it was the boxy military style shape, and possibly they were capital J Jeeps, I honestly can't remember who made them. 

It could, I suppose, with a huge stretch of the imagination, be called a "branding issue" if the makers of the various styles of jeeps *small j* all appeared on the same reality show together and were selling them, not simply driving them or posting a photo.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Ramona seemed jealous of LuAnn to me in about 7 different ways.  Whatever did or didn't transpire between R. and John, there was no chance, ever, of someone of means, looks and apparent sanity would ever try to and ring up Ramona.  We all know this.  Ramona knows this too, and I believe she knows the pool for her in particular is nonexistent: she needs someone who wants her and not some PYT, she feels entitled only to a high-earner in good physical shape, and who does not work in a service profession.  That man hasn't been invented.  And the scenes of poor Coco shitting all over Dorinda's home were straight-up disgusting.  That poor, poor dog - Ramona 'cares' enough to have Coco groomed and have bows stuck in her hair, but not enough to care whether Coco is sick or well, trained or untrained.  Beyond words, beyond vile.

I think Ramona thought lesser of Luann particularly in the relationship department. She gleefully gossiped about rumours of Luann's open marriage to the Count. She didn't miss a beat talking about every guy that Luann has slept with, cheated on, etc. In the past, her jealously wasn't so obvious but it's about to rear it's ugly head now that Luann has found someone who not only put a ring on it, but did so quickly and with assurance that Luann was the person he wanted to be with. It's also salt in the wound that while Ramona thinks she's too good to go on a measly date with a bartender or server, Luann snagged a CEO of a successful business. Ramona's tears must taste salty.

• Love 16
12 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Or if someone called her new Skinnygirl Watermelon Margarita a Watermelon-Rita? Because that is a Bud Light beverage.

Or did Bethenny really design every inch of her?  The suspension, the grill, the tires, the roll bar, the body? 

Words are pretty important.  How does the design, body fenders differ from this Ford Bronco (not to be confused with a Jeep)?  Would it not be more accurate to say she picked the exterior colors and interior upholstery (which is outstanding)?  I doubt she designed the bones of the seats.  To me, in grandstanding to say you designed every inch of a car-because somewhere in Detroit are car designers that put it all together many years ago.  I am not pretending this is the identical year but I don't really see Bethenny putting pen to paper and designing a from scratch body, engine, suspension system.

Ford-Bronco-Images.jpg

She must be good at exhaust systems with all the toxic hot air that comes out of her mouth.

• Love 7

This season is really good -- the best RHNY has been in a long time. And love or hate them, these housewives and producers are giving good TV and at least keeping me riveted (so I remain humbly grateful). Quick rundown:

Bethenny, yes she's a loud-mouthed, judgmental shrew but she's still super smart, hard-working, funny and resourceful. She looks the best she has ever looked and I could honestly look at her Hamptons House 24/7 and never get sick of it.  Oh and Cookie for President!

Ramona, as much as she irks me to no end, she is also completely entertaining.  Her delusional, egomaniac vibe coupled with her sheer stupidness is like the eighth wonder of the world in reality TV land -- literally the gift that keeps on giving.

Dorinda, my beautiful sloppy mess.  I love her so and just want sober Dorinda to dominate the martini-swilling Dorinda but no such luck.

Sonja, I feel badly for her --- sorry but I do. She has always struck me as a very nice person underneath all the snobby delusional A List Party Girl/married well persona she carries like a yoke around her neck.  I will always remember how nice she was to Kelly on "Scary Island" --she was the only one to spot that there was something really wrong with Kelly (drugs, most likely Adderall or Meth coupled with mental illness).

LuAnn is rocking on with her bad self. Glad she is back  to looking great again and happy she found a nice man.  Yes, she's a snake but still as a middle aged woman, I love seeing women like LuAnn look FABULOUS.  Her hair, makeup and wardrobe are so point that I can always forgive the occasional over-the-top statement necklace.  

Carole, sorry but I have always been a fan of hers.  Not everyone agrees, I find her very beautiful and stylish and I love her apartment.  Carole will always land on her feet and she will always be just fine.  She inherited some money from her husband and is still well-liked/well-connected in NYC media circles from her stint at ABC News (she's good friends with Diane Sawyer and George Stephenopoulous and his wife Ali for example). She has carved out a nice niche for herself so good for her. My guess is that she won't stay a housewife for very long.

Jules, I really like Jules even though she can be a little dim and not very articulate. She is one of the most beautiful housewives across the franchise and her husband seems to be a really, really good guy (porn money not withstanding). She's funny and entertaining without being overly mean to anyone so, yeah, I like her a lot.

The supporting cast is good too -- John is not afraid to bring the drama, Adam is a sweetheart and Jules' husband is lovely. Tom should be interesting -- he  is certainly very good looking so I hope he is good to LuAnn.  

Sorry if I sound like a "Pollyanna" here but I was kinda disappointed in Real Housewives Beverly Hills and had high hopes for RHNY as it has always been my favorite one.  Glad it has come roaring back. I am ambivalent about the return of RHOC because it just seems like it will be the same old shit again -- Vicki bringing up the tired Brooks storyline, Heather still building the never-ending tacky mansion, Tamra being her wretched self and a grandmother, etc.  

• Love 16