Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E04: I'm Going Home

• Start Topic

I've never had any appreciation for Thomas but his "no one's anus is going to send me home!" from the preview for this episode made me laugh and laugh at the absurdity. That said, I won't mind if Simone's anus sends them home tonight..

• Love 1

What was it, like 15 minutes on the challenge and the rest of the time with nonsense and DRAAAAMA?

I seriously hate them all.  And Ashley could not possibly be more annoying.  I'm sure there is a valid scientific explanation, but how do you hit the water and cut yourself?  This girl, I swear.  And her voice, ugh.

I do love TJ.  Ok, enough hugging, see you never.

That Amanda chick, just no.

• Love 4

The Challenge? That never has challenges anymore. They should cut out the middle man and just throw these people in a house and have them drink without making them do challenges or pretend they are going to. Oh, wait they do that already. I FF through pretty much this whole episode until the actual challenge. Which did not really happen.

• Love 5

That was A LOT of stupid shit to happen at one house party. Jeez people, spread it out a little.

The positive was Jessica being completely disgusted by Tony and not let him in her bed. Hopefully she'll distance herself from him because he was over the line. Then again that was the theme of the night. Everyone going over the line.

Amanda needs to chill and cut it with the fake "black" accent. It just worked on my last nerve. She almost gave Camilla the fight she was clearly jonesing for.

Nicole is a shit starter and she's using Nany as a guard dog against the rest of the house. No one can rightfully call her out anything because Nany will be right there screaming in their face. I was ok with Camilla being pissed about stupid lies being spread because of Nicole and (kinda) KellyAnne.

Brandon is a little punk and should be ashamed of himself. Really the dude can't be away from his girlfriend for a few weeks? And don't MTV just put them up in a hotel anyway because they can't send people home right away otherwise their friends and family will known immediately that they didn't win? So his ass didn't even go home?

Clearly the next season of the Challenge is going to be Real World vs AYTO.

• Love 5

I started to fast forward once I heard Nany and Camilla screeching about..something or other. I don't even know anymore. If I can't even understand what the fight's about then I have to skip it until we get to an actual challenge. 

I think you are right, most of these contestants aren't allowed to leave for weeks-until the show finishes shooting. But maybe at the hotel he can call his girlfriend? Who knows.. but yeah, Brandon wasn't going back to his girlfriend once he walked off that beach.  TJ rules anytime he calls these people out, because I do think some of them come on this show just to get paid-they get paid a little right just for appearing? I know in the 99/00s challenges, many of the contestants got paid just to come on the show and this would piss off other contestants when they would put themselves in elimination rounds and then be like, "yeah I'm just gonna leave, bye!" because they did not want to compete anyway- so it could have just been a farce to not compete anymore.

• Love 1

I hardly recognize this show anymore.  Ninety percent of air time goes to people I've never seen before.  And shouldn't a show called The Challenge be mostly about, I don't know, challenges?  Forty minutes of grade school melodrama before we get a challenge, then it's not completed and no elimination. 

I dont care about whiny boys crying over their girlfriends, the tree humper, freckles, or torn butthole.  

• Love 8
(edited)

I just can't believe that these past two episodes have spent time on DINNER PARTIES and HOUSE PARTIES. Like this whole episode, was pretty much about a house party. At this rate, this season of The Challenge is going to be the longest yet. They rarely are doing anything challenge wise. Next week, I bet TJ brings in another team to replace Brandon and his partner. And then we get another episode about a house party to welcome them! :)

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 5

I love The Challenge because of the challenges. The reason I stopped watching The Real World is because I can't stand the petty drama and drunk fights. They literally spend 40+ minutes on the stupid fights and less then twenty on the challenge. They need to hurry this along. I loved the format when it was funny intro, challenge, deliberation, and then elimination. I don't give a shit that Nicole is an instigator and that Amanda has freckles. While the insult was mean-spirited, I did laugh a little. When they kept showing the time of day, I was like Jesus do these people ever sleep?

I'm also glad that Jessica kicked Tony out after the way he spoke to Amanda. Please keep these standards. Of course it'll all be for naught if she goes right back to him. That was literally the only highlight of this episode for me.

TPTB, please do better!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, mojoween said:

What was it, like 15 minutes on the challenge and the rest of the time with nonsense and DRAAAAMA?

I seriously hate them all.  And Ashley could not possibly be more annoying.  I'm sure there is a valid scientific explanation, but how do you hit the water and cut yourself?  This girl, I swear.  And her voice, ugh.

I'm not exactly sure what the Ashley issue is. She didn't do anything stupid. She nearly got cut in half by those suspension wires. Had nothing to do with her. She wasn't being a drama queen.

They keep not having challenges because people leaving in fucking up their episode order. We keep losing teams without eliminations so they keep having to stretch things out. This week, we could thank Brandon for being a little bitch.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, SophiaPehawkins said:

I love The Challenge because of the challenges. The reason I stopped watching The Real World is because I can't stand the petty drama and drunk fights. They literally spend 40+ minutes on the stupid fights and less then twenty on the challenge. They need to hurry this along. I loved the format when it was funny intro, challenge, deliberation, and then elimination. I don't give a shit that Nicole is an instigator and that Amanda has freckles. While the insult was mean-spirited, I did laugh a little. When they kept showing the time of day, I was like Jesus do these people ever sleep?

I'm also glad that Jessica kicked Tony out after the way he spoke to Amanda. Please keep these standards. Of course it'll all be for naught if she goes right back to him. That was literally the only highlight of this episode for me.

TPTB, please do better!

I couldn't have said it better myself! What attracted me to The Challenge was the competitive side of the show (I'm a very competitive person). It just seem like they are getting away from the shows roots, which is the competition itself and not all this petty stuff, the back and forth arguing is entertaining but it just takes up to much of the show this season. smh.

• Love 2

I really liked how Amanda flat out verbally destroying Tony and Camilla, I mean she is just running them over with her wittiness. lol. 

P.S.

Brandon is a coward and a complete idiot. 

• Love 2

On the After Show when Nicole was describing her stick figure drawing of Bananas and Leroy she reminded me of a 5 year old trying to explain something with the little vocabulary that they have. lol. 

P.S.

Briana kinda looks like Lindsay Lohan imo.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

That was A LOT of stupid shit to happen at one house party. Jeez people, spread it out a little.

Brandon is a little punk and should be ashamed of himself. Really the dude can't be away from his girlfriend for a few weeks? And don't MTV just put them up in a hotel anyway because they can't send people home right away otherwise their friends and family will known immediately that they didn't win? So his ass didn't even go home?

3 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I think you are right, most of these contestants aren't allowed to leave for weeks-until the show finishes shooting. But maybe at the hotel he can call his girlfriend? Who knows.. but yeah, Brandon wasn't going back to his girlfriend once he walked off that beach.  TJ rules anytime he calls these people out, because I do think some of them come on this show just to get paid-they get paid a little right just for appearing? I know in the 99/00s challenges, many of the contestants got paid just to come on the show and this would piss off other contestants when they would put themselves in elimination rounds and then be like, "yeah I'm just gonna leave, bye!" because they did not want to compete anyway- so it could have just been a farce to not compete anymore.

On the Challenge, they go home right away.  They don't have the budget of Survivor.  They try to enforce a social media ban, but inevitably a third party will tag them in something.  That's why practically the whole season is spoiled on Vevmo every year.

• Love 3

Jeeeezus that was one long ass party. What are these people on? I was exhausted just watching it. 

Brandon and his girlfriend need therapy. Codependent and needy much? You can't even go more than a week without being able to live without each other? So healthy. That'll end well.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, mojoween said:

That's how I felt about this episode.  

I quit Real World cuz all the fighting and drinking was stupid and boring.  I miss the Old Challenge.  Or maybe I'm the old one, cuz I don't know who anyone is from AYTO, nor do I care to learn.  

• Love 7
9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

And shouldn't a show called The Challenge be mostly about, I don't know, challenges?

The actual challenge is watching the show.

• Love 21

I really get into these reality shows and am usually able to delude myself that everything on them is "real". But that fight between Camilla and Nani seemed so fake. I think maybe they staged it to get on the aftershow /get more camera time? Anyways, it was so lame I couldn't even make myself watch the aftershow.

• Love 2

I completely agree with everyone about there being not enough challenge in the Challenge.  I liked the format before with more focus on the challenge and the elimination with a little bit of house antics thrown in at the beginning or end of the show.  This is like watching nonsense like Bad Girls Club or something.  These people are complete idiots. 

• Love 6

The next Challenge should obviously be Are You the One against Real World. Not because I want it to be that or think this show should continue, but because maybe that will shut up the cast bitching. Remember when people had HIV and were concerned about others drinking too much on RW? Now we have Tony, a father, talking about the trials of paying his own bar tab. And without Road Rules to feed new people, I'm fine with this trash (minus pathetically desperate Simone) rather than more Nicoles. Sad we won't be getting any new gays, but with a list that includes Frank, maybe it's good for gays to be annexed from this mess.

Also, Amanda is crazy, but I kind of love her giving it to these skanks.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, mojoween said:

Best part of the entire hour!  Lol!

14 hours ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

Brandon is a little punk and should be ashamed of himself. Really the dude can't be away from his girlfriend for a few weeks?

Whoever he was talking to about it said it had only been about a week, which makes it even more pathetic.

I'm surprised Nicole was on camera so long with just her original face.  Although, it was really sweet of that dude to ask her on  date.

And WTF with Wes dancing?  I don't think I've ever seen him dance like that, or at all, before. 

• Love 2

I think these people are a bunch of torn buttholes.  Seriously, I never need to hear about someone's butthole again! 

Are there really no other real worlders that want to come back? Can we have a teen mom crossover instead? Except for Farrah.  

• Love 1

Does anyone else like cory and ashley? those two are great together, cory is a good and supportive partner and ashley is cool too, she is willing to try and I think she has potential, she def can be a mess but its not an obnoxious mess like simone or nicole.

I like this team, and I do hope that cory and ashley become regulars on the show, both are enjoyable to watch.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, fredj said:

Does anyone else like cory and ashley? those two are great together, cory is a good and supportive partner and ashley is cool too, she is willing to try and I think she has potential, she def can be a mess but its not an obnoxious mess like simone or nicole.

I like this team, and I do hope that cory and ashley become regulars on the show, both are enjoyable to watch.

They're alright, but Ashley is whiny as hell and I think she on drugs.

• Love 2
(edited)

They should have viewers be able to vote on who they want to be on the next challenge. Or who they don't want to be on the next challenge. As obnoxious as half of the newer people are, I would pay to not see John (thanks forever Abe), and Nany ever again. And pretty much all of the bloodlines. They can go the way of Evan & Kenny. I wish more Real Worlders would come back. And can we go back to group teams again? I'm kind of tired of teams of pairs. 

Edited by MattDuffysCat
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, MattDuffysCat said:

They should have viewers be able to vote on who they want to be on the next challenge. Or who they don't want to be on the next challenge. As obnoxious as half of the newer people are, I would pay to not see John (thanks forever Abe), and Nany ever again. And pretty much all of the bloodlines. They can go the way of Evan & Kenny. I wish more Real Worlders would come back. And can we go back to group teams again? I'm kind of tired of teams of pairs. 

I agree.

• Love 1

I agree as well, I'm tired of these AYTO people and will pay never to see John again. He's done enough of these. 

Ashley is a mess, but she's kind of entertaining and I like her and Cory together. 

I'm not sure if I want to cheer Amanda on or throw my drink in her face. She clearly loves arguing with people and getting under their skin but then cries afterwards?

TJ was on point as usual with his "hope to see you never"

I'm numb. Most of the women blend together to me. And then you get a lengthy period without a mission? Ugh. I'm going to reminisce about that on the Past Seasons thread, for the sake of trivia. And "Club Rivals"? Whatever.

Brandon, Brandon, Brandon. What the fuck, man? You know about the show. Nobody is holding your family or girlfriend hostage. I'm thinking there's a little more to the story because we never got an ID beyond "Girlfriend," but I'm happy to endorse the dogpile on Brandon. Reminds me of what Pam said to Cyril on Archer last season . . . which I'll "spoiler" because it's a little sexist.

Spoiler

"Dude, your balls are made of pussy."

(edited)

Simone talking about her torn butthole had me laughing. The girl has zero filter...and the coming back to report the news to Thomas and the gang as if any of them would want actual details about what's wrong, haha. 

These Real World people aren't very smart. Nate and Christina told them exactly what happened and these fools still think that's an alliance? The two teams aren't working together. It's a one time thing and one that they wouldn't have to honour if they didn't want to. The conversation was not a game move, it was a save our butt move and it was at no cost to anyone else so why would they mention it? Brianna, should they write daily reports to you about every interaction and conversation that they had, what they ate, their bathroom schedules, etc.? Stop being paranoid. 

Ashley seemed normal for once. She's too cooky to dislike. Same way I find Jenna's dumbness to be endearing rather than annoying, lol. 

Amanda is such a shit stirrer and it's so entertaining. I prefer the original format of the show where it was more about the competition but if they're going to give the drama more air time, I'll gladly watch someone piss off people than kiss their ass all the time. Camilla was practically making out with Amanda with how close she got up in her face.

Brandon is a punk. He's sarcastically calling Brianna out for being a good teammate...you're being the worst teammate possible by walking out on her. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 1

While I'm thinking about it . . . if MTV were to pull the plug on AYTO, The Real World, and The Challenge, would anybody really miss them? I mean, aside from those whose lives center on being on the latter? Fuck it, MTV could just adapt more movies as hour-long dramas and rerun episodes of Ridiculousness, and I don't think the average viewer would notice.

Any speculation on who the replacement team will be? Anything other than Jason and Nicole is going to be a fail.

ETA: Checked Bill Simmons' Twitter. First: "TJ LAVIN HATES QUITTERS" Then he responded to a tweet from Marky Mark, saying that "Are You The One cast members are double agents sent to destroy the Challenge franchise."

• Love 1

The show now seems more about the drama and the fighting between the cast members than them actually doing the challenges. The fights can be entertaining to watch sometimes because of the dumb stuff they argue about, but I enjoy watching the challenges more. 

When Amanda talked about how the Are You the One cast members are the future of the Challenge, it definitely made me think that unfortunately she's right. I don't even have high expectations for who will be the replacements coming in on the next episode because most likely they'll be from AYTO again.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, fredj said:

I like Cory but I don't like Ashley. Between the try so hard sex grunts and her saying she's a bad girl then promptly crying in the bar I just can't with her. I just see thirsty every time she's on screen.

• Love 6
On 5/25/2016 at 11:05 PM, mojoween said:

I noticed it on her way down--there was a thin, light-colored rope that was hanging down that her arm got caught on on the way down.  Poor design.  And surely someday one of them is going to land on another one and break more than a spleen or an implant or whatever.  They're really trying for all that skull decor to be applicable.

• Love 3

Yeah, I can't fault Ashley for that poorly deigned challenge. Aside from the dangers of smashing into one of weight barrels in the water/being crushed by your falling partner, she basically used her armpit to zip line down a rope, so I'm sure she was cut to shit. 

I like Ashley insofar as her non talking heads seem to be real/not overly focused on the cameras compared to the others. I liked her telling Amanda that she could make friends, and also taking her that garbage walking horse weave of fat Simone to task for talking shit about her.

Simone: "What does it matter if someone says it to your face or behind your back?" Uh...what?

I guess unless you're willing to respond to Simone with an ebonics-laden, camera-ready screaming match to "Don't lie on me" with her torn butthole, she just doesn't have the time for you. Hate.

I still enjoy this show, but I can't stand when they bring in people like Amanda. She obviously got it in her mind that the whole point is to be a shit stirrer. I don't mind when they get into drunk fights or act like idiots, but when someone comes in with an agenda to behave like this is the Jerry Springer show it's just boring and annoying. 

• Love 3

Amanda is screaming "I NEED THERAPY" so badly. If she is in therapy, she needs to find a new therapist. I mean, they could all use therapists or a slap in the face with a cold dead fish, but when she was describing her mommy issues, I was like, um, this is like the worst place you could be for your mental health. 

If I drank as much as these kids, especially some of the older ones who are what, at least mid-30s? I'd be way too freaking hungover to even do a challenge without puking/dry heaving every 5 minutes. Imagine being hungover and having to ruin your lady parts by rubbing them on a giant soap thing. I hope they get screened for sexually transmitted diseases every week. 

• Love 4

Theres a bunch of "normal " ayto kids that can bring to the show, yet they keep bringing the worse. I hate they are bringing ayto like everyone else, but if they are, they can at least bring those who don't cry for attention and are looking to get in fights to keep coming back. I didnt mind brianna, and christina is ok, but simone and amanda are so annoying, loud and obnoxious. 

(edited)

I seriously kind of hate this show now. I ff through the are you the one people so I ff through most of the show. I think I'm done watching.

The vets or whatever the fuck they are need to get it together. Like you are how old and are still getting into all this drama? I'm 29 and don't act like that anymore. In my early to mid twenties yes but there comes a time when you chill the fuck out lol.

Amanda is so annoying.

The show is going to turn into a cast of all are you the one ppl and old man Johnny I'd bet money on it lol.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Marley said:

The show is going to turn into a cast of all are you the one ppl and old man Johnny I'd bet money on it lol.

Nany and Camilla will still come along for the ride every chance they get.  

• Love 4

They don't even give us a breather anymore when it comes to having Johnny in each season. Does he even ever go home between challenges? 

It's still hard for me to understand the concept that this is pretty much a FT job for a handful of them. Then again, I can't imagine any of these people having 9-5 conventional jobs. 

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, MattDuffysCat said:

They don't even give us a breather anymore when it comes to having Johnny in each season. Does he even ever go home between challenges? 

It's still hard for me to understand the concept that this is pretty much a FT job for a handful of them. Then again, I can't imagine any of these people having 9-5 conventional jobs. 

I agree. Also, what kind of real job can these people have when they go on this show, what do they tell the people they work for, "Yeah, I'm going to be on the challenge, I might be kicked off in a few weeks but till then I'm gone for am amount of weeks". I guess, the best way is to do what Johnny does, make this your real career. You get paid, you get to go on vacation to cool places, you might win more money. Do these people still do speaking events or things of the sort? I know back in the day, some of the Real Worlders did speaking engagements at colleges and so forth. Is this still a thing that happens?

• Love 1

I think so, as lot of them usually post their agent's contact info for bookings on their social media accounts, but I think like 99% of the bookings must be for nightclubs and bars. That can't pay that enough to be sustainable, I would think. I don't know why a patron would be more likely to attend on a night one of these crazy dingbats is the "host", but if anything I'd think less of that bar/nightclub! Ha. 

• Love 3

That's why I was thinking that it's probably more nightclubs now, as these people who get on these shows are a far cry from when they could have offered actual insight to life. Now, it's just them partying all the time on the Real World and The Challenge is surely becoming that too at this rate. Also, yes, I doubt I would spend money to go to a nightclub to meet these people. Is it sustainable, probably not, but like I said, these people can't get real jobs because I doubt any employer is like, "yeah, go off for a possible couple of weeks".  I also don't think any of these people like you said earlier can hold down a real job. Wasn't Wes like running his own yogurt business at one point? What happened with that?

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

That's why I was thinking that it's probably more nightclubs now, as these people who get on these shows are a far cry from when they could have offered actual insight to life. Now, it's just them partying all the time on the Real World and The Challenge is surely becoming that too at this rate. Also, yes, I doubt I would spend money to go to a nightclub to meet these people. Is it sustainable, probably not, but like I said, these people can't get real jobs because I doubt any employer is like, "yeah, go off for a possible couple of weeks".  I also don't think any of these people like you said earlier can hold down a real job. Wasn't Wes like running his own yogurt business at one point? What happened with that?

Wes has a business where he helps people from the ground up with startup businesses.  It's seems to be pretty successful.  It's the kind of job where he can go for a few months for the challenges and then come right back to the job.  I have always felt more people who are challenge regulars should try to follow Wes' lead....take the money you won and invest it in yourself...and then go back to the money pot aka the challenge and get more funds for your own businesses.  

• Love 6
(edited)

When camila said I have two degrees and amanda said "So why are you still here?", I mean thats 100% true, people like camila can claim they own bars, spa's etc and throwing degrees out there, yet they keep coming back, truth is that most of the people that become regulars on the show don't have anything good back at home. 

And it does amaze me that we got to the point that we keep seeing this people that keep coming back again and again,  they just can't let go reality tv. Back in the day the old school challengers knew when it was time to let go the show, and focus on their life. 

Imo most of AYTO people have zero interest on competing, but the challenge does offer a good opportunity for them to expand their 15 min of fame, if johnny could expand his 5 min to 10 years of being on tv, I mean I sure ayto kids will try too.

Edited by fredj
  • Love 2