Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Choose Your Battles

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, DNR said:

2 minutes into the episode and I swear I heard creepy Dave say " DoVERMAN" instead of Doberman about Babs.  This show is a collection of dummies

That's what he said all right. I am the "mom" to 2 Dobies, so I caught that right away and rewound it to be sure that is what he said. Then I just rolled my eyes at yet another word-massacre by these fools.  

• Love 6
(edited)

And let me preface this by saying that I'm not defending Leah in any way, but why didn't COREY call the damn doctor if he was worried about Ali's weight?

My husband does this all the time and it makes me nuts.  Dude, you're the dad. If you're worried about something, YOU can also CALL THE DOCTOR. Or even EMAIL him. FFS. Being the mom does not make you a magical elf who communicates telepathically with medical professionals.

Further, doesn't Corey have sole legal custody or something? Definitely his job to call the doctor. 

Edited by guilfoyleatpp
  • Love 15

Coincidence how Jenelle's nedical crisis started after she began her relationship with Creepy David. 

Chelsea said she informed Adumb days before the dance. 

Adumb is beyond redemption and has never gotten one ounce of sympathy from me except when I have posted how Adumb is Aubree's father and there is no changing that fact unless he signs over his parental rights. Until that day, he is that child's father. 

I maintain that Adumb does what he does because he cannot stand Chelsea and therefore, takes it out on Aubree. By hurting Aubree, he is hurting Chelsea, the real target.

Adumb has had endless opportunities to make time for his child. He chooses not to. Adumb chooses to spend more money on his cars and pets than he does on Aubree. Adumb has no one but himself to blame. If he really wanted to be involved in Aubree's life, he could make that effort to find out what is going on at her school. He chooses not to. He could go to her school and get the monthly newsletter about school functions. There are plenty of ways for him to be involved in Aubree's life without obtaining 50/50 custody, which we know is only about him paying less child support. Adumb wants to look like the victim instead of actually doing the work of being the father that Aubree needs in her life.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I was just going to rant about Barbara.  That woman VOLUNTEERED to take custody of Jace, and she'd doing such an unbelievably shitty job it makes my blood boil.  Why she EVER let him around Jenelle is beyond me, but what she's doing now is beyond the pale.  Really, ALL she is doing is a little better job of keeping Jace alive than Jenelle would.  And I mean "alive" as in currently breathing--the "life" he is going to have makes me very very sad.  Actually, the life he already has is very very sad, and it's Barb's fault.

Why would she EVER have a phone conversation with Jenelle, on speakerphone no less, within earshot of Jace?  I can almost see the fight she had with David where he called the cops on her--things get heated and out of hand, it happens (all too often with this crowd, and I definitely think she handled it very very poorly, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on that one).  But there is no reason in the world for her to answer the phone when she knows it's Jenelle and Jace is listening.  Just call her back later, you dipshit.  Even if there are 100 perfectly civil conversations (which I doubt), there's a history of fights and foul language and someone who actually cared about Jace would do what she can to protect him from that, and the way you do that is DON'T LET HIM LISTEN TO PHONE CONVERSATIONS WITH JENELLE.  Gah, it's really not that hard. 

Oh, and Barb--when you volunteer to parent someone because you think you'll do a better job than anyone else, at least put a seat belt on the kid while you're driving him around while fighting with your daughter on the phone.

I have defended barb before but honestly at his point I can't understand what she is thinking.   How can she allow jace to be over there knowing that weirdo Neanderthal is there, knowing that is some shady shit must be going on, knowing that he was unsupervised outside the last time, knowing that their visits end in screaming every single time, knowing that even with  Nathan who seems less psycho than this new guy jace was afraid and around domestic violence.    It's a real shame that jace wasn't put up for adoption.   He is better off with barb than he would be with his "mother" but barb is  an asshole for not cutting jenelle out of his life a long time ago    Still can't believe we are seeing yet another guy telling jenelle she needs to get jace back and blaming barb for trying to hurt jenelle by raising jace.   Where do they find these people?  I totally think jenelle will have another kid with this new guy.   Especially now that she is not on birth control anymore.   

I am beginning to think that both Chelsea and randy are total assholes as well.   Randy himself said that Chelsea and Adam fought a lot and in front of Aubree.   He should be glad that there is some distance between them because they are both immature and Chelsea is extremely bitter.   I don't believe that Chelsea told Adam anything about the dance and once again Aubree got positive reinforcement for wanting Cole to go.  idk why randy is so pissy about money because Chelsea didn't do shit to support herself and Aubree either   Daddy's princess gets a pass on living off of him and mtv money and taking like 6 years to get a certificate that allows her to work 3 days a week   I just find it really hilarious that he acts like she has accomplished more than Adam in that sense   

i can't believe kail had he audacity to say she works 25 hour shifts when she was talking to javi.   Wow.. 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

And let me preface this by saying that I'm not defending Leah in any way, but why didn't COREY call the damn doctor if he was worried about Ali's weight?

My husband does this all the time and it makes me nuts.  Dude, you're the dad. If you're worried about something, YOU can also CALL THE DOCTOR. Or even EMAIL him. FFS. Being the mom does not make you a magical elf who communicates telepathically with medical professionals.

Further, doesn't Corey have sole legal custody or something? Definitely his job to call the doctor. 

I think he wanted to get Leah's input first before calling. It makes sense to gather necessary info from the other parent about what they know about their child's health before calling the medical office. 

Leah made a big deal about Cory being concerned. Me thinks she is worried that the girls are not eating healthy at her house and this will be found out.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I think he wanted to get Leah's input first before calling. It makes sense to gather necessary info from the other parent about what they know about their child's health before calling the medical office. 

Leah made a big deal about Cory being concerned. Me thinks she is worried that the girls are not eating healthy at her house and this will be found out.

ok, I might have been projecting...it really does make me crazy.  

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Yes exactly.  He specifically mentioned "her diet" which makes me believe he knows she is eating absolute shit when she is with Leah but was tactful enough not to phrase it that way on camera.

• Love 13
34 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

My husband does this all the time and it makes me nuts.  

It's probably because Cory works full time during doctors hours and Leah sits on her ass all day doing nothing.  

• Love 12
(edited)

Personally, I wouldn't trust her to call the doctor if I was Corey. Nor would I trust her to reliably relate the required information both to the doctor and then back to me. Also, if I were Corey (I think I am the same age as his dad as I had college friends who served in gulf war I, and I believe his dad mentioned that he did as well), if I were Corey, I wouldn't be asking the pill popping queen of the holler I unfortunately impregnated as a teenager to do me any favors. 

But neither one of them is the brightest bulb, and I'm still so pissed off (just caught the end of a rerun) about Leah's faux outrage at Miranda asking Ali to carry her backpack. When Leah has the fucking nerve to drive them around high, and texting, and smoking in the car and nodding off and not getting the wheelchair fixed.  THIS IS YOUR FAULT LEAH! MIRANDA MAKING YOUR BABY CARRY HER OWN BACKPACK IS YOUR FAULT. Be mad at yourself honey, because it's YOUR fault.

It's the logical conclusion of the bullshit choices you made in your depression and anxiety. I want to yank her hair. 

Edited by guilfoyleatpp
  • Love 11
28 minutes ago, Lemons said:

It's probably because Cory works full time during doctors hours and Leah sits on her ass all day doing nothing.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Yep. A phone call doesn't take long and you'll probably just leave a message anyway. And most doctors have email systems now. Equally his problem, if not more because of custody. 

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Yep. A phone call doesn't take long and you'll probably just leave a message anyway. And most doctors have email systems now. Equally his problem, if not more because of custody. 

The phone call would consist of making an appointment because she would need to be seen.   If I was working full time and the other parent had no job and part-time custody, I would certainly expect them to take care of it. 

• Love 5

i can actually see why Leah is so infuriated.  If Ali says something is too heavy they should not be making her carry it.   I feel really bad for Ali in general.   I'm actually surprised that Corey and Miranda would have a kid at this point.   So much is going on with Leah and the twins.  But then I was also mystified why Leah wanted a third kid at that time too.   

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Mkay said:

Yes, the after show is filmed in advanced. I think, and I'll try to find it, that the after show Jenelle did not attend has already aired. Let me go search around. 

I think she was demanding an IV or something. And yes, I think that one was already on and didn't include this latest bowling/hangover incident.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I think Randy suggested not telling Adumb because he knew exactly what was going to happen. They want to spare Aubree the hurt and disappointment.

Telling Adumb is a totally different thing from telling Aubree though. They could have had the whole text-versation without Aubree even knowing. I mean she probably would've picked up on it being a father/daughter dance and her Daddy not showing up, but they didn't have to drag it out like that.

And I guess I'm officially old, because I went to a couple of father/daughter dances as a kid and I loved them. I also go on fairly frequent "lunch dates" with my dad. I am glad to see schools making it more inclusive, but would hate to see them do away with those kinds of events entirely.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

They have joint custody so, not sure what that has to do with Cory mentioning his concern about Ali's diet to the other parent.  Regardless, if Cory did have sole legal custody, if Ali spends any amount of time with Leah it makes sense for him to ask if Ali's eating habits are different with Leah. He needs that info when he takes his daughter to the doctor as he would surely be asked  what her eating habits are on a daily basis. Cory cannot give just half the info to the doctor.

In this case it makes sense that the SAHM should make the appointment and both parents be there.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

They have joint custody so, not sure what that has to do with Cory mentioning his concern about Ali's diet to the other parent.  Regardless, if Cory did have sole legal custody, if Ali spends any amount of time with Leah it makes sense for him to ask if Ali's eating habits are different with Leah. He needs that info when he takes his daughter to the doctor as he would surely be asked  what her eating habits are on a daily basis. Cory cannot give just half the info to the doctor.

In this case it makes sense that the SAHM should make the appointment and both parents be there.

I think Corey was trying to be very polite and not outright say "our kid is eating nothing but crap at your house, when you bother to feed her." Could be wrong but that's how I saw it. I also didn't see him asking about Ali's eating habits with Leah though. He wasn't trying to gain info for Ali's future appointment. He also didn't intend to make the appointment or take her to the doctor. Which I'm kinda okay with since that's pretty much Leah's 'job' and Corey has one where they expect him to show up during certain hours. Based on his comment about not being sure if he could make it to the next appointment, I assume he was planning on it just being Leah there.

Which leads me to.. did they leave a huge chunk of the conversation out, or was Leah just making up crap when she was talking to her friend?  She said repeatedly that she was going to tell Dr. Tsao about it, said that she told Corey she'd tell Dr. Tsao, etc. and yet it seems all she did was take Ali to a regular pediatrician to get weighed. She could've done that with a bathroom scale.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

And here's what's even funnier - even though you wrote this as a parody - it's what really happened on the Aftershow when they were playing a silly game.  Kail was so competitive and sort of aggressive about the game that the host said she was being really weird and a cheater.  She has to win.  Every time.  A game, an argument, a point - whatever.  

I just watched it - ha! She would be so exhausting to play board games with. Even Chutes & Ladders. There would be conflict! Conflict, I tell you.

I did smile a little inside when Leah said Ah Fill Ack.

Even though in my opinion her hair is too dark and looks a bit harsh, Jenelle looks very pretty in these after shows. 

I just said something nice! Ha. 

Edited by AhFillAck
Forgot to mention Leah. Great reason.
  • Love 6

I had to laugh at how Jenelle went from last weeks rant of "I go to the gym TWO to THREE times a week. I work out VIGOROUSLY. I drink PROTEIN SHAKES!" to tearfully exclaiming she has restless leg syndrome and self diagnosed MS. I was loling at her as hard as Barb was.

Damn, Kail is stone cold. She reminds me of how I was to disposable boyfriends years ago. But I was a teenager, she's a grown up and just an asshole. She shut Javi down hard when all he wanted was like, a scrap of affection, but he's so whiny I almost clapped. "I work 24 hours shifts. I am a robot."

Chelsea's segments were boring, Leah's were sad and irritating. That chick is delusional, and so is her entire family.

• Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, lidarose9 said:

I realize the philosophy of parenting has changed a lot since I was a kid, but when I was growing up, a disability was minimized as much as possible (within reason, of course). Being deaf doesn't keep you from making your bed every day. Your turn to clean up the kitchen? You clean up the kitchen, leg braces or not. A Down's syndrome kid can shovel show or mow the lawn. Unless there was some medical or physical reason why a kid was excused from responsibilities or chores, they got treated just like everybody else. It's in the child's best interest to become as self-sufficient as possible. 

All her life, Ali is going to have to do things herself or wait for someone to help. The adults in her life are giving her mixed messages about this. She's trying to figure out who she's supposed to be in this picture. Is she the precious little princess who can't carry her own backpack? Or is she the heroic, tough little girl who is supposed to conquer her disability and walk without a wheelchair? I think Ali is becoming aware of the implications of her disability, now that it's starting to really affect her. And she's been watching her sister try to manipulate the adults. She's going to give it a try: What happens if I complain? What kind of things can I complain about? Who do I need to complain to, to get the best mileage?

The adults are the ones who are supposed to be level-headed and diffuse drama, but Ali sees her incidental complaints turned into major issues (backpack) and her serious problems ignored (wheelchair). Confusing and contradictory. 

And it is just plain irresponsible for the parents to not follow the doctor's orders. Beyond all the practical reasons why, what does this tell Ali? She is sitting right there, she can hear the doctor. What does that tell her when her parents ignore his orders? They are setting a terrible example to all their kids. 

Down's syndrome and deafness are totally different disabilities from a degenerative muscle disorder. They really can't even be compared in the least. Down's syndrome is a cognitive disability. Entirely different. Deaf people and people with Down's syndrome regularly have children, live alone, hold down jobs, and get married. Shoveling snow or making your bed as a person with Down's syndrome or a deaf person won't make your condition exponentially worse because it's entirely unrelated. Ali's condition WILL factually worsen even more rapidly if she continues to do the things her parents expect her to do. Ali has a rare form of muscular dystrophy that destroys her muscles every time they are used and which generally results in an early death, which can only be held off by the preservation of muscle use. It's not "spoiling" her or making her a "princess" to let her not carry a backpack or walk around without a wheelchair, it's neglect and abuse. Every time she exerts herself, she exacerbates the inevitable degeneration. This is a medical fact of which Leah and Corey have been made excruciatingly aware, not a politically correct vs. old school idea about raising children. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 8
(edited)
51 minutes ago, NikSac said:

I think Corey was trying to be very polite and not outright say "our kid is eating nothing but crap at your house, when you bother to feed her." Could be wrong but that's how I saw it. I also didn't see him asking about Ali's eating habits with Leah though. He wasn't trying to gain info for Ali's future appointment. He also didn't intend to make the appointment or take her to the doctor. Which I'm kinda okay with since that's pretty much Leah's 'job' and Corey has one where they expect him to show up during certain hours. Based on his comment about not being sure if he could make it to the next appointment, I assume he was planning on it just being Leah there.

Which leads me to.. did they leave a huge chunk of the conversation out, or was Leah just making up crap when she was talking to her friend?  She said repeatedly that she was going to tell Dr. Tsao about it, said that she told Corey she'd tell Dr. Tsao, etc. and yet it seems all she did was take Ali to a regular pediatrician to get weighed. She could've done that with a bathroom scale.

I agree Cory was saying in a nice way that he feels Leah feeds her kids shit. I also think he is concerned that it may be due to her MS. He only mentioned Ali, not both girls. They both eat junk when they are with Leah. Cory might have expected to hear Leah to say Ali eats less at her house, too.

Cory did say to Leah that the next time they go to Columbus for Ali's appoinment, in the event he is unable to go, if Leah can mention Ali's diet. He said she is not eating enough. He  then mentioned weight loss after Leah said she eats at her house. Leah then said she would make the appointment. IMO Cory seemed to be inquiring for his daughter's doctor's visit. Leah just denied any eating issues. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7
On 5/24/2016 at 8:35 PM, woodscommaelle said:

David said Jace didn't need to grow up to be a woman who started drama with people.  You mean like your girlfriend?

And how just how dumb is that guy?  I guess he isn't caught up on the early episodes of Teem Mom2.  He told Jenelle, "Your mom should have never taken Jace away from you in the first place." Then Jenelle suddenly comes down with a mysterious ailment that prevents her from [once again] spending any time with her first born son.   Uh, dumbass David, Barb didn't TAKE Jace, Jenelle LEFT him with her while she went out chasing guys and drugs and everything else. And nothing's changed. Everytime David says something about Jenelle getting custody of Jace I can see her tense and panic at the very thought.  Shocker that this kind of stress/anxiety is manifesting in physical symptoms.   

23 hours ago, Soobs said:

If Aubrey doesn't end up chasing bad boy/ unattainable losers, it will be a miracle. Maybe the power of Cole's dorky love and Randy's too, will pull her through it but I doubt it.

Cole is the only chance that little girl has on this and I can see why Chelsea is so grateful for him.   When he came out of the bathroom with, "Where's my dancing partner?"  to Aubree I thought how much better off Aubree would be if Adam just stayed out of the picture. 

Kail was already so over Javi during that phone call Javi would have to blind not to pick up on it. 

• Love 16
30 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Down's syndrome and deafness are totally different disabilities from a degenerative muscle disorder. They really can't even be compared in the least. Down's syndrome is a cognitive disability. Entirely different. Deaf people and people with Down's syndrome regularly have children, live alone, hold down jobs, and get married. Shoveling snow or making your bed as a person with Down's syndrome or a deaf person won't make your condition exponentially worse because it's entirely unrelated. Ali's condition WILL factually worsen even more rapidly if she continues to do the things her parents expect her to do. Ali has a rare form of muscular dystrophy that destroys her muscles every time they are used and which generally results in an early death, which can only be held off by the preservation of muscle use. It's not "spoiling" her or making her a "princess" to let her not carry a backpack or walk around without a wheelchair, it's neglect and abuse. Every time she exerts herself, she exacerbates the inevitable degeneration. This is a medical fact of which Leah and Corey have been made excruciatingly aware, not a politically correct vs. old school idea about raising children. 

I agree with everything you've said, so apparently my post was not clear. I am calling all of these adults out for not following their doctor's orders. I'm disgusted by their irresponsible, irrational attitude about her disability and her future health issues. I think they are fuckheads. I didn't mean to equate those conditions with one another or with Ali's MD. My point was mainly that these girls are old enough now to realize when they can exploit the animosity between the adults. 

It sounded to me a lot like Ali was making up (or exaggerating) the whole backpack thing to see whether she could cause drama. If I have misjudged her, I apologize. But if her backpack really is too heavy, then she needs to ask someone to help her figure out how to make it lighter or easier to carry or some other practical solution. And she also needs to understand that the adults around her aren't always going to be able to drop everything right that moment to help her, especially if it's not a serious rush. She's old enough to know that and understand that. Somebody needs to have this talk with her and Gracie. "No, things aren't going to always be the same for both of you. But that's OK because you are each your own selves. So we'll find ways Ali can do chores that work for her, and Grace will have different chores. But you both have to do chores." 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

IMO Cory seemed to be inquiring for his daughter's doctor's visit. Leah just denied any eating issues. 

Agreed 100%. I wish he was planning on going to that appointment since Leah can deny deny deny so well.

• Love 4

I haven't watched the episode yet so I'm sure I'll have more to say later, but I just wanted to make 2 quick points based on what I read here.

1) Jenelle isn't gonna be complaining so much when she's the one working in a clinic (I don't literally think she'll ever get a medical assisting job; I'm just saying that for the sake of the argument). I worked for a pediatrician for 5 years, so I know lots of people were always outraged about the phones being turned off at 4:50 and for 2 hours during lunch... I remember once I looked up my office on one of those dr review sites and this person went off about how it must be nice to have a relaxing 2 hour lunch and skip out right at 5, and it infuriated me because more often than not I had my lunch cut down to 30 minutes, and even no lunch at all.  That time is built in to prevent everyone having to be at the office until 7pm trying to finish with patients when the docs ran late, return phone calls, and chart, and since that is the field Jenelle wants to go into you would think she might be a little more understanding of the work that has to get done on a daily basis... Her freaking hypochondriac episode is probably not the Drs first priority.

2) Ali's weight loss, I'm a little more familiar with this area since weight checks were a part of my job when I worked in pediatrics.  Someone said it a page or 2 ago, but Ali being within normal limits is not the point, don't get me wrong it is a good thing she is, but when weight is a concern the patient trend is more important that the actual weight or percentile... Meaning if a patient like Ali came in weighing below the 5th percentile, but maintained her growth curve for the most part it wouldn't be hugely worrisome, but say she had always been in the 25 th percentile range, and dropped to below 5, that would be worrisome. as long as her weight was matching her trend it wouldn't be alarming. Granted I understand you have to be a little more cautious with a degenerative illness, a weight loss of anything is a reason for concern, my point is that if the doctors office that weighed her is not aware of how she was trending, and saw that she was in the normal limits, that really doesn't mean much... But what do I know, Leah knows best.

• Love 11

Just gonna leave this here: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/teen-mom-2s-kailyn-lowry-javi-marroquin-split-w207810

So many annoyances this week.  

Chelsea - least annoying of the 4.  She said on the after show that she hates Adumb, and I can't say that I blame her.  He has proven time and again that he is a pos parent to arguably the most adorable TM kid.  I thought Cole was least annoying in this epi than he has been in most - I get such a strange vibe from him - not creepy or anything, and he's good with both Chelsea and Aubree.  Maybe it's just because he's so geeky and not a scumbag like most other males on the show,  but sometimes I get a gay vibe?

Leah - So sad that of all the parents on 16 and pregnant, she and Corey ended up with twins, one with special needs.  Collectively, they are dumber than a box of rocks. (and that's a disservice to the box of rocks!!)  I am so tired of their unintelligible speech, their non-existent grammar, and their total denial of Ali's condition.  I can understand their wanting their daughters to both live as full lives as possible, but they go overboard.  Sometimes, Leah almost seems to realize the severity, but then, nope. And now, they are both much more focused on the blame game.  You can't convince me that the cousin's video wasn't a prompted set up.  The mature thing to do would be to have a sit-down with Miranda to get her "side" of the story, and not blow it all out of proportion.  But then again, it's Leah and Corey.  I used to think he was the best male on the show, but now, not so much.  He is better than most of them, but Cole is the front-runner here, and he's not a birth father!

Kailyn - I mostly get where she's coming from.  I think she wanted the white picket fence life, but can't find a white picket fence male. Jo has been an arrogant asshat for most of the years, and Javi is a possessive, jealous husband that smothers a relationship.  Rather than engage with him, which digresses into an argument over what she has done to set off his mistrust, she has become numb, not registering any emotion with him, as that makes her vulnerable, and a target for him.  I don't know what he does with the air force, but she refers to it as his job, and the article above says he works for the air force, rather than referring to him as an airman, so I'm thinking he is not necessarily in harm's way?  (feel free to step in here with facts)  The saddest thing is that Issac worshiped the ground he walked on, so I'm afraid he'll be the biggest loser here.  BTW, I salute her for trying to build a bridge with V - they are all co-parenting a child together and should act as a single unit, despite what Javi's insecurities tell him.

Jenelle - 4 ughs.  My first thought was drugs, especially when she had lesions on her cheek in the bedroom whining scene. Oddly, she has managed to dial back the screaming tirades this season.  Don't know if that's drugs or lack of them!  At any rate, she is obviously drug shopping.  She and whatever sperm donor she takes in each season are more people barely able to form sentences.  Sadly, 'Kieffah' is looking like the pick of the litter!  Though 'Roid man Nathan, and too tall neanderthal David set the bar pretty low.  I also feel Jace would have had a much happier life if he had been adopted (out) as an infant. Barb tries, but her track record with her own kids is pretty poor, and she's old enough to be his grandmother (!) coupled with still trying to raise Jenelle, has her patience worn very thin.  I can't help but wonder what his life would have been like.  At that point, it would have been like giving up a puppy to Jenelle, and if he wasn't in that family dynamic, he would not be the pawn between Barbara and Jenelle.

My opinions, which you may differ with!

• Love 7

I agree about Jace being adopted. Obviously Barb loves him, but she exposes him to so much drama and fighting with Jenelle. It's just not right.  I continue to be amazed at what that poor kid is exposed to, and it's never ending. He has to be insecure with everything going on, all the custody talk in front of him, cops being called, Jenelle constantly talking about "getting him back", being neglected, all the different men, etc.

Can you imagine if Jace had been adopted by a calm, stable couple like Brandon and Teresa?

• Love 4

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but could Ali's weight loss be due to a loss of muscle mass, as opposed to her diet?  I mean, I know a diet of sweet-n-low packets and Sprite are all lo-cal, but I think Corey was right to notice it and to ask Leah to mention it at the next doctor's appt.  Unless a loss of appetite is a symptom of MD, then what the girlses are eating or not eating and at whose house isn't really a factor if her weight loss is muscle mass-related.  Esp. when she has an identical twin sister who is likely eating the same food/meals in which to compare her weight.

• Love 4
(edited)

Ali and Gracie aren't identical twins.

The fact that they are not identical, coupled with Ali's medical condition possibly being a factor, makes their sharing the same diet largely irrelevant as a comparison point. I think a loss of muscle mass is a good theory. They really ought to have a doctor check this out thoroughly. Just saying her weight in itself is still within the normal range for her age/height isn't going to catch the problem of her losing weight.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Ali has a rare form of muscular dystrophy that destroys her muscles every time they are used and which generally results in an early death, which can only be held off by the preservation of muscle use. It's not "spoiling" her or making her a "princess" to let her not carry a backpack or walk around without a wheelchair, it's neglect and abuse. Every time she exerts herself, she exacerbates the inevitable degeneration

Forgive my ignorance on this, but I've seen this posted a few times and was curious about this.

So, if Ali walks/runs/lifts heavy things more now, are they saying she's shortening the amount of time she'll be able to walk in the future? Or are they saying she's increasing the chances of an earlier death? Or both?

Also, did Miranda tell Ali she'd have to carry her own backpack, or did she just say she couldn't carry it that second and would be back for it later? And if Gracie was in the car, couldn't Gracie have carried the backpack?

Hmmph, now I may have to actually watch the show. I don't know if I can stomach Leah flailing around Blanche Dubois-ing about her poor neglected baby when she is one of the worst parents in the franchise.

• Love 8

I finally got around to watching this last night and O.M.G.  I couldn't contain my rage during most of it (mostly towards Leah and Jenelle, although Kail had her moments).

1.  Chelsea- let's just all agree that Adumb is a loser.  If he truly cared about being involved in Aubree's life, he would have at least looked at the date of the dance once Chelsea mentioned it, saw he had other obligations, and called to tell Aubree he was sorry that he couldn't be there.  To just not show up or call or text shows everything you need to know about Adumb and his MO.  I've always felt very "meh" about Cole.  Felt like Chelsea was pushing the "here's your replacement daddy!", and that while he seemed nice, he might just be in it for the money/publicity.  This episode changed that.  I really think he loves Aubree.  His voice may be annoying, but I think he'll always be there for that little girl.

2. Kail- yeah, she's pretty heartless.  She was actually spot on when she said she was a robot.  I think she's capable of emotions at certain times and very certain situations when she thinks she's "supposed" to have emotions, but otherwise she's just cold.  I hate Javi.  But at least PRETEND to miss your husband when he's deployed.  Seriously. 

3.  Leah- let's stir that pot a little more, huh?  First off, Corey brought up the weight issue very calmly and you could tell he was concerned.  He didn't phrase it as "this is all your fault" one bit.  He merely said he noticed Ali seemed to be having trouble eating and appeared to be losing weight.  Leah somehow gets in her head that Corey was berating her and tells her sister some crazy exaggeration of how how the conversation went down.  Second of all, I don't know how tall Ali is, but 36 lbs at 6 years old seems very small to me.  My daughter was barely 10% on the weight chart at 23 lbs right at 2.5 years old, and she's petite in height too.  Second off, that whole Miranda issue was a complete non-issue.  When Leah got that phone call she answered it almost in tears and then sort of thought "oh wait...I'm supposed to act upset AFTER I talk on the phone".  So what if Miranda couldn't bring in Ali's bookbag right that very second?  On a scale of 1 to 10 of "issues" I'd grade this a 0.0016.  I couldn't believe the villainous things about Miranda I read on the Facebook Teen Mom page.  People are batshit crazy and really are just sheep, blindly following where they're led.  I guess not helping with a backpack is WAY worse than driving while high, texting while driving, repeated truancy to the point where the courts take away your custody, and not being able to feed your kids meals.

4.  Jenelle- I second ALL the posters in here who can't believe Barb.  I'm so torn because I love Barb as the loudmouth, sarcastic, New-England-accented CHARACTER that she is.  I hate her as the mother and grandparent she is.  There is no reason to even consider bringing Jace back to that house after what happened the previous weekend.  It's like she's completely oblivious to how damaging and destructive Jenelle is to everything she touches.  As Jace's gaurdian, it's her JOB to see that, and she's failing so miserably it's heartbreaking.  As for Jenelle's laundry-list of medical issues?  Oh FFS.  Let me share something.  8 months ago I started having numbness in my fingers on my right hand.  Doctor dismissed it, thinking it was tendonitis of some sort.  It subsided.  I've been very tired for about 6 months.  I had mono for a third time (yeah, I am LUCKY) a few years ago and my fatigue is as bad as that.  Last month, I started having night blindness in my right eye intermittently.  Went to the eye doctor, who ran some tests that showed some mild abnormalities (but not enough to be instantly alarming).  My eye doctor is very concerned about MS and wants me to have an MRI.  Problem is, I'm 4 months pregnant.  I work full time, and have an almost 3-year old.  We've decided to wait to see if symptoms worsen before pursuing more testing.  Know who've I've told (despite this anonymous board)?  My husband.  That's it.  I don't go around complaining to all who will listen.  I haven't told my parents, my kid, my boss, my friends...because why, other than for attention?  That's all Jenelle is.  A destructive, narcissistic, attention-whore.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, Lexie said:

i can actually see why Leah is so infuriated.  If Ali says something is too heavy they should not be making her carry it.   I feel really bad for Ali in general.   I'm actually surprised that Corey and Miranda would have a kid at this point.   So much is going on with Leah and the twins.  But then I was also mystified why Leah wanted a third kid at that time too.   

Why wouldn't Corey and Miranda have a baby? Just because Corey had children first with someone else doesn't mean Miranda shouldn't have one of her own. She seems like a really good mother to me. I don't think they should let Leah's craziness change their family plans. I am still not convinced anything really happened with the backpack. Maybe Miranda said she couldn't carry it at that moment but would get it later. I wouldn't put it past Leah's family to edit the video. Plus, she's a kid. They don't always tell the whole story. She could be a little jealous of the new baby and that could play a part in it.

• Love 15

I often forget that a lot of people who watch the show just trust the way it's edited. I was wondering why the hell anyone would want to vilify Miranda after that episode when it was so obvious that Leah and co. were just stirring the pot, but then I remembered that there are a lot of viewers who legitimately buy into Leah's redemption arc and that ding-dang mean old Corey Tyler trying to take her kids away, under the influence of the evil stepmother. Leah can complain all she wants about being edited to look bad but she should be grateful. I'm sure MTV have more than enough material to make her look a lot worse, but probably think one trainwreck on the show (Jenelle) is enough. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, SlothLoveChunk said:

I finally got around to watching this last night and O.M.G.  I couldn't contain my rage during most of it (mostly towards Leah and Jenelle, although Kail had her moments).

1.  Chelsea- let's just all agree that Adumb is a loser.  If he truly cared about being involved in Aubree's life, he would have at least looked at the date of the dance once Chelsea mentioned it, saw he had other obligations, and called to tell Aubree he was sorry that he couldn't be there.  To just not show up or call or text shows everything you need to know about Adumb and his MO.  I've always felt very "meh" about Cole.  Felt like Chelsea was pushing the "here's your replacement daddy!", and that while he seemed nice, he might just be in it for the money/publicity.  This episode changed that.  I really think he loves Aubree.  His voice may be annoying, but I think he'll always be there for that little girl.

2. Kail- yeah, she's pretty heartless.  She was actually spot on when she said she was a robot.  I think she's capable of emotions at certain times and very certain situations when she thinks she's "supposed" to have emotions, but otherwise she's just cold.  I hate Javi.  But at least PRETEND to miss your husband when he's deployed.  Seriously. 

3.  Leah- let's stir that pot a little more, huh?  First off, Corey brought up the weight issue very calmly and you could tell he was concerned.  He didn't phrase it as "this is all your fault" one bit.  He merely said he noticed Ali seemed to be having trouble eating and appeared to be losing weight.  Leah somehow gets in her head that Corey was berating her and tells her sister some crazy exaggeration of how how the conversation went down.  Second of all, I don't know how tall Ali is, but 36 lbs at 6 years old seems very small to me.  My daughter was barely 10% on the weight chart at 23 lbs right at 2.5 years old, and she's petite in height too.  Second off, that whole Miranda issue was a complete non-issue.  When Leah got that phone call she answered it almost in tears and then sort of thought "oh wait...I'm supposed to act upset AFTER I talk on the phone".  So what if Miranda couldn't bring in Ali's bookbag right that very second?  On a scale of 1 to 10 of "issues" I'd grade this a 0.0016.  I couldn't believe the villainous things about Miranda I read on the Facebook Teen Mom page.  People are batshit crazy and really are just sheep, blindly following where they're led.  I guess not helping with a backpack is WAY worse than driving while high, texting while driving, repeated truancy to the point where the courts take away your custody, and not being able to feed your kids meals.

4.  Jenelle- I second ALL the posters in here who can't believe Barb.  I'm so torn because I love Barb as the loudmouth, sarcastic, New-England-accented CHARACTER that she is.  I hate her as the mother and grandparent she is.  There is no reason to even consider bringing Jace back to that house after what happened the previous weekend.  It's like she's completely oblivious to how damaging and destructive Jenelle is to everything she touches.  As Jace's gaurdian, it's her JOB to see that, and she's failing so miserably it's heartbreaking.  As for Jenelle's laundry-list of medical issues?  Oh FFS.  Let me share something.  8 months ago I started having numbness in my fingers on my right hand.  Doctor dismissed it, thinking it was tendonitis of some sort.  It subsided.  I've been very tired for about 6 months.  I had mono for a third time (yeah, I am LUCKY) a few years ago and my fatigue is as bad as that.  Last month, I started having night blindness in my right eye intermittently.  Went to the eye doctor, who ran some tests that showed some mild abnormalities (but not enough to be instantly alarming).  My eye doctor is very concerned about MS and wants me to have an MRI.  Problem is, I'm 4 months pregnant.  I work full time, and have an almost 3-year old.  We've decided to wait to see if symptoms worsen before pursuing more testing.  Know who've I've told (despite this anonymous board)?  My husband.  That's it.  I don't go around complaining to all who will listen.  I haven't told my parents, my kid, my boss, my friends...because why, other than for attention?  That's all Jenelle is.  A destructive, narcissistic, attention-whore.

We have  lot of expectant moms here, don't we?

Best of luck with everything, I'm sorry that you're going through all of that, it sounds so scary

• Love 3

Janelle really is a piece of work.  She calls Babs to make arrangements to see Jace, but then apparently she's so sick that she can't move and Uncle Creepy can't work because he has to take care of her?  And who flies from South Carolina to New York to see a doctor without any prior diagnosis?  Sounds like she was just using it as an excuse to go back to NYC.  Didn't she just return from NYC celebrating her birthday?  If I cared enough, I would've counted the number of symptoms she had.  How is she even alive if she truly has all these illnesses?  I loved how she flipped out because the doctor's office closed at 4 PM.  That's pretty typical of any medical office.  Wouldn't you research their office hours BEFORE you fly all the way out there?  What a complete dumba$$.

• Love 7

@lidarose9, I didn't see any manipulation there, just frustration, but I could be wrong. I don't think it's Ali's responsibility to figure out a way to make her backpack lighter or ask for that. She's, what, 5? That's an adult's job. I doubt either she or Gracie do chores, but they probably should (in her wheelchair), but that's a separate issue. Carrying your own backpack isn't a chore, it's just something that she probably physically should not do. She would probably prefer to do it, but it's difficult. I don't see any physical "laziness" in her at all, though that would actually be a good trait in her, honestly. 

@Tatum, yes, both of those things are true the more she exerts herself. 

Miranda seemed to say in the preview clip for next week that in fact she didn't come back and help her. I'm not about to vilify her, though. Ali's actual parents don't care for her disability properly, so why should Miranda be the only one?

9 minutes ago, littlekitkat2802 said:

Thanks for the recap here guys, because I don't think I'll ever be able to watch the episode itself. MTV's website is being awful.

Oh thank god it's not just me. I was wondering if it was my connection. If the clip plays at all, it's jittery and overlaid by some weird music.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, starfire said:

I agree about Jace being adopted. Obviously Barb loves him, but she exposes him to so much drama and fighting with Jenelle. It's just not right.  I continue to be amazed at what that poor kid is exposed to, and it's never ending. He has to be insecure with everything going on, all the custody talk in front of him, cops being called, Jenelle constantly talking about "getting him back", being neglected, all the different men, etc.

Can you imagine if Jace had been adopted by a calm, stable couple like Brandon and Teresa?

Don't forget Barb is the one that kept encouraging a pregnant Jenelle to place Jace for adoption.  The only reason Jenelle didn't make that choice was because Barb wanted her to do it.  So Barb ends up caring for an infant at a time in her life she should be done with all that.    I honestly think she believed (and probably still does believe) that it wasn't going to be permanent. I don't disagree with the criticism for Barb continually exposing Jace to all the drama and fighting but that's not going to change just like she's never going to give on the idea of Jenelle  turning into a responsible, sober, adult. 

1 hour ago, Phoebe70 said:

Janelle really is a piece of work.  She calls Babs to make arrangements to see Jace, but then apparently she's so sick that she can't move and Uncle Creepy can't work because he has to take care of her?  And who flies from South Carolina to New York to see a doctor without any prior diagnosis?  Sounds like she was just using it as an excuse to go back to NYC.  Didn't she just return from NYC celebrating her birthday?  If I cared enough, I would've counted the number of symptoms she had.  How is she even alive if she truly has all these illnesses?  I loved how she flipped out because the doctor's office closed at 4 PM.  That's pretty typical of any medical office.  Wouldn't you research their office hours BEFORE you fly all the way out there?  What a complete dumba$$.

Ha!  I forgot Jenelle's rant, "David has a job and the only reason he hasn't been there ALL WEEK is because he had to take care of Kaiser me"   I'm don't know (or care) what kind of job David claims to have but I'd bet money he's not going to have it for long and of course this will be the reason Jenelle justifies supporting him financially - the way she has all the other losers she lets move in with her and spend her money.  

I just assumed the "fly to NYC" was more about coming for a MTV/Teen Mom2 AfterShow commitment and she tacked the doctor stuff onto an already paid trip.  There was an earlier After Show where she says she's sick or didn't show or something that I guess was this same time period. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Cosmocrush said:

Don't forget Barb is the one that kept encouraging a pregnant Jenelle to place Jace for adoption.  The only reason Jenelle didn't make that choice was because Barb wanted her to do it.  So Barb ends up caring for an infant at a time in her life she should be done with all that.    I honestly think she believed (and probably still does believe) that it wasn't going to be permanent. I don't disagree with the criticism for Barb continually exposing Jace to all the drama and fighting but that's not going to change just like she's never going to give on the idea of Jenelle  turning into a responsible, sober, adult. 

In Jenelle's 16&P episode she said herself Barb was always telling her "there's always abortion, there's always adoption". Jenelle kept it from Barb for as long as she could, I honestly believe she kept Jace to spite her, at least in part. After he was born, Barb said if Jenelle was gonna go off and do what she wanted she'd care for him no matter what, because none if it was his fault. I respect her for that, if not for some of her later choices, and I agree that she probably thought Jenelle would get herself together soon enough and raise him herself.

Exposing Jace to the incessant drama isn't good but like you said, she probably hasn't given up on the idea of Jenelle turning over a new leaf so I'm guessing the idea of shutting her out of Jace's life isn't so cut-and-dry for her.

• Love 16
13 hours ago, poopchute said:

Yes exactly.  He specifically mentioned "her diet" which makes me believe he knows she is eating absolute shit when she is with Leah but was tactful enough not to phrase it that way on camera.

I think the real question America wants answered is, "How does a person lose weight on a diet of Lunchables, Mountain Dew and frosting in a can?" 

11 hours ago, NikSac said:

Telling Adumb is a totally different thing from telling Aubree though. They could have had the whole text-versation without Aubree even knowing. I mean she probably would've picked up on it being a father/daughter dance and her Daddy not showing up, but they didn't have to drag it out like that.

Aubree will figure everything out on her own eventually, and wouldn't it be nice if she were able to say, "You know, mom, my dad never really cared a bit about me, and that hurts, but thank you for protecting me from that hurt for as long as you could.  It couldn't have been easy for you." 

I know Chelsea's sick of dealing with Adam, but it's a father-daughter dance, for christ's sake.  So text him the date, and tell him you need to know by X day if he can make it, and tell him if you don't hear from him by X day you'll assume he can't and you'll make other arrangements.  If Adam says he's coming, then have Cole waiting in the wings if Adam doesn't show.  And don't tell Aubree any of this.

Sorry, but you chose to breed with this guy, so suck it up. 

10 hours ago, mywinston said:

I had to laugh at how Jenelle went from last weeks rant of "I go to the gym TWO to THREE times a week. I work out VIGOROUSLY. I drink PROTEIN SHAKES!" to tearfully exclaiming she has restless leg syndrome and self diagnosed MS. I was loling at her as hard as Barb was.

I forgot about that.  I've always thought it was her strange affect that I found so weird, and the way she always says "my child."  But her list of the things that constitute her doing well was just odd, and your quote captured it.  Who says, "I work out vigorously" in a casual conversation?  Actually, almost all of her conversation sounds like a rehearsed recitation of bullet points. 

2 minutes ago, neatoburrito said:

Exposing Jace to the incessant drama isn't good but like you said, she probably hasn't given up on the idea of Jenelle turning over a new leaf so I'm guessing the idea of shutting her out of Jace's life isn't so cut-and-dry for her.

Although I think Jace will be in jail by the time he's 14, let's assume his family is responsible for him until he's 18.  He's 1/3 of the way there already.  When does she think this sea change is going to happen?  And every time there's a big incident, the clock starts over. 

Barb just doesn't want to cut Jenelle out of her life.  I'm sure she loves her, and I think she actually enjoys the drama.  But she needs to be thinking about someone other than herself.

Just now, monagatuna said:

Oh thank god it's not just me. I was wondering if it was my connection. If the clip plays at all, it's jittery and overlaid by some weird music.

Don't tell me MTV is going back to music!  The world would be a much better place.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Me too! I turned off ad block to see if it would help, but it didn't. I gave up.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Although I think Jace will be in jail by the time he's 14, let's assume his family is responsible for him until he's 18.  He's 1/3 of the way there already.  When does she think this sea change is going to happen?  And every time there's a big incident, the clock starts over. 

Barb just doesn't want to cut Jenelle out of her life.  I'm sure she loves her, and I think she actually enjoys the drama.  But she needs to be thinking about someone other than herself.

I don't think she's under any illusion that Jenelle's going to do a complete 180 and become mother of the year any time soon, which I'm sure is partly why she won't let Jace come around there very often. She probably just holds out hope that eventually she'll start making better decisions, because there were a few times in the past when she did begin to clean it up (albeit briefly) but then ruined it with another scummy boyfriend. I know WE can all see how scummy Jenelle herself is, but what mother wants to believe that their kid is never going to be a decent person? I'm not saying that Barb shouldn't face reality with regards to Jenelle but I can see why it's hard for her to do so.

Besides, maybe she thinks it'd be more damaging for Jace to have his mother disappear from his life completely.

I can believe that she enjoys the drama in part (after all, this is the woman who raised Jenelle), but I'm sure she'd prefer a decent daughter and an easy life any day of the week.

• Love 8
On 5/24/2016 at 11:54 AM, Chicken Wing said:

I'm surprised schools still do father/daughter dances, just because everyone has to be so PC about everything these days that I would expect they would be too afraid of the moms complaining about discriminating against their sons. :)

I'm not surprised about the Father/Daughter dance.  Both my daughters are adopted from China.  They were abandoned, so we have zero, zilch info about their birth parents.  And every year at elementary school they have to do a stupid "family tree" presentation.  Yes, my husband and I are her parents, but then she has to state how many pounds she was at birth.  We have no idea.  My girls were estimated to be several weeks old when they were found.  Then they have to write which parent they most look like.  Ummmmm....

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

@lidarose9, I didn't see any manipulation there, just frustration, but I could be wrong. I don't think it's Ali's responsibility to figure out a way to make her backpack lighter or ask for that. She's, what, 5? That's an adult's job. I doubt either she or Gracie do chores, but they probably should (in her wheelchair), but that's a separate issue. Carrying your own backpack isn't a chore, it's just something that she probably physically should not do. She would probably prefer to do it, but it's difficult. I don't see any physical "laziness" in her at all, though that would actually be a good trait in her, honestly. 

She is old enough to see that when there are cameras around, Momma gets upset and complains about how mean Daddy and Miranda are, so she's gonna complain too. She tried it out and her aunt pulled out her cellphone and asked her to repeat it. Just like the big camera guys do. She wants to be like her mom. 

• Love 10

I'm against internet harassment & bullying but I couldn't resist dropping a couple of truth bombs on Uncle Daves IG page ( ie.  Babs didn't " take" Jace away Dave, as seen on TV ; she saved him from the foster care system****.). I was BLOCKED from any further commenting as a result hahaha .  

**** watching Babs & Jenelle brawl & curse isn't much better for poor Jace either 

• Love 7