Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Choose Your Battles

• Start Topic

She was in an intensive rehab center for a fairly long time. It was there that she was diagnosed. I would assume she doesn't want the stigma of bipolar disorder and that's why she's now claiming not to have it. Young women do tend to be overdiagnosed with it, however. 

I just hope that she is receiving outpatient treatment, but that's like wishing for Leah to give Addy a vegetable. Ain't gonna happen.

• Love 1

IIRC there was a big thing about if she was or wasn't bipolar and it happened around the "rehab" time.  Barbs thought that she was but Jenelle got into a screaming fit that she wasn't, she was just stressed or some other excuse.  Can't remember how it all panned out though. 

• Love 3
(edited)
Just now, ChocolateAddict said:

IIRC there was a big thing about if she was or wasn't bipolar and it happened around the "rehab" time.  Barbs thought that she was but Jenelle got into a screaming fit that she wasn't, she was just stressed or some other excuse.  Can't remember how it all panned out though. 

The doctor diagnosed her onscreen. Which is super creepy. I don't want to see these people's therapy! I guess MTV pushes for it but you don't legally have to show that, I don't believe.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Lm2162 said:

Diagnosis has many flaws, that's definitely true, and it doesn't define a person, but it certainly matters. It matters in terms of the medication they will be prescribed by current and future doctors, how they will be perceived in society, how criminalized they are likely to be by law enforcement, the kind of treatment they seek for themselves, the kinds of support groups they attend, the kind of therapy that might work for them (DBT vs CBT, for example), the kinds of stigmatization they will experience, how they perceive themselves if they do their own research, and how they will be treated if ever institutionalized. That's unfortunate because it would be better if we didn't have diagnoses based on the DSM at all, in my opinion.

I did not throw any shade, that's your perception. I had no idea you were talking about yourself. I was responding to your statement that young people are given 10 or more diagnoses (I have seen that often) and have been thrown around to different doctors, and felt that you were saying that people throw out random inadequate diagnoses without spending enough time with patients for the purposes of health insurance. That's never appropriate.

I directly stated in my above statement that I was a clinician, so the idea that you didn't know I was talking about myself is well....perplexing.  

When you meet with someone for a 15 minute assessment...when they leave, you need a diagnosis for the chart.  So if you think that rushed diagnoses don't happen.  Well, I don't know what to tell you.  Some people....like myself...go to chart the least restrictive and stigmatizing diagnosis possible and focus on symptom management, but whatevs.  

Moving on.  This has nothing to do with Teen Mom.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ChocolateAddict said:

It can actually not be an excuse.  When people are in incredibly stressful situations and therefore more likely to naturally react with manic...then it can mean that bipolar is not the most appropriate diagnosis.  AKA...if the manic episode is due to the extreme stressor and without the stressing event the manic does not occur, then it isn't bipolar.  It's tricky because just being manic can be stressing and can cause high periods of stress, so it can be hard to define which came first the chicken or the egg.  Personally, I listened to how people described the manic, both when they were in it and when it passed.  After time you heard key signs that it was situational or if it was a symptom of the disease.   It's doubly hard when you are talking about people with substance abuse issues.  

• Love 2
Just now, shelley1005 said:

I directly stated in my above statement that I was a clinician, so the idea that you didn't know I was talking about myself is well....perplexing.  

When you meet with someone for a 15 minute assessment...when they leave, you need a diagnosis for the chart.  So if you think that rushed diagnoses don't happen.  Well, I don't know what to tell you.  Some people....like myself...go to chart the least restrictive and stigmatizing diagnosis possible and focus on symptom management, but whatevs.  

Moving on.  This has nothing to do with Teen Mom.

I'm also a mental health clinician and I certainly wasn't shading myself. But people do jump to massive conclusions and hand out medications too quickly, and not always for health insurance. I've seen many people do it out of impatience or a lack of knowledge. That's all I was saying. *shrug*

You do need an initial diagnosis, but it can shift and change after more time with a solid doctor/treatment plan, obviously, and get more specific to your needs. Often, patients are just bounced around to different doctors, because of their own issues, financial concerns, unreliability on either end, etc. I would assume that Jenelle doesn't stick with one for long, although she'd have NO financial problem with paying one even with no insurance. I assume she has no real idea what a solid treatment plan would look like at this point. It's really sad because it affects not only her but her children and those around her, and she has sooo many more resources than so many people with mental health problems. Most, actually. She has access to the BEST treatment around to become a happier person, overcome her past, and become a better mom, and instead just gets crummy boyfriends.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

It can actually not be an excuse.  When people are in incredibly stressful situations and therefore more likely to naturally react with manic...then it can mean that bipolar is not the most appropriate diagnosis.  AKA...if the manic episode is due to the extreme stressor and without the stressing event the manic does not occur, then it isn't bipolar.  It's tricky because just being manic can be stressing and can cause high periods of stress, so it can be hard to define which came first the chicken or the egg.  Personally, I listened to how people described the manic, both when they were in it and when it passed.  After time you heard key signs that it was situational or if it was a symptom of the disease.   It's doubly hard when you are talking about people with substance abuse issues.  

I totally agree but because it was Jenelle I was a bit skeptical given her excuses like "I take drugs because you're mean/you took Jace away/my soulmate just left" rather than, "I'm a drug addict who takes no responsibility for my actions".  It felt like a similar case in the conversation with Barb, in her mind it wasn't that she had a mental illness but rather than the world was being horribly unfair to her well-paid-but-unemployed backside.  In her mind, it isn't her behaviour that causes problems, it is everyone else.  And while that may very well be a mental health issue (can't say that I'm qualified about that!) her selfishness has been an ongoing issue over the seasons so... *shrug*. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, ChocolateAddict said:

I totally agree but because it was Jenelle I was a bit skeptical given her excuses like "I take drugs because you're mean/you took Jace away/my soulmate just left" rather than, "I'm a drug addict who takes no responsibility for my actions".  It felt like a similar case in the conversation with Barb, in her mind it wasn't that she had a mental illness but rather than the world was being horribly unfair to her well-paid-but-unemployed backside.  In her mind, it isn't her behaviour that causes problems, it is everyone else.  And while that may very well be a mental health issue (can't say that I'm qualified about that!) her selfishness has been an ongoing issue over the seasons so... *shrug*. 

I get that and I agree.  She also looks to not consistently get mental health treatment, so what does she know.  But hey...at least we don't have to go see her Cate and Tyler style go see a horrible therapist in a cramped room with a copier.  ;) 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, shelley1005 said:

I get that and I agree.  She also looks to not consistently get mental health treatment, so what does she know.  But hey...at least we don't have to go see her Cate and Tyler style go see a horrible therapist in a cramped room with a copier.  ;) 

Agreed! I think I would rather bang my head on a brick wall then listen to Jenelle have a woe is me counselling session. A truly terrifying thought. 

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:01 PM, ClassyCourtHeels said:

I'd honestly like to know WTF Adam defenders think Chelsea should have said in this situation. 

They seem to think Chelsea just actively said Adam may or may not be there. But I would bet Aubs actively ASKED Chelsea about her sperm donors attendance at the dance. Since Adam can't be bothered to give a simple yes or no, Chelsea has to cover for him by keeping the answer open ended....ie your sperm donor may be able to go, but he might not either so don't be too upset when he doesn't show. At least Cole can take you and maybe Adam will show. 

"They" are not "defending" Adam.  But yes, Chelsea was "just actively" saying that Adam may be there after she stated that he didn't respond.  Aubrey was not asking.  Chelsea was wrong.  Adam was wrong.  If Adam didn't respond, he takes most of the blame, but Chelsea was wrong too.

When Aubrey came home from visiting her father, one of the first things Chelsea asked was "what did your father say?  Why didn't he go?"  Aubrey said she didn't remember what he said.  That's Aubrey's way of not wanting to talk about it with Chelsea and not wanting to see that over-the-top pity face that Chelsea makes when she talks about Adam.  Aubrey will always have a different type of relationship with her father Adam than with Cole.  Adam loves Aubrey.  Aubrey loves her father, imperfections and all. Most kids do no matter how vindictive the other parent can try to be. 

• Love 5

Come on everybody, it's almost the weekend, let's agree to disagree and enjoy! I have read that sometimes a person needs to search for a therapist who fits their needs.  Let's hope Jenelle continues to seek help for her physical and emotional issues for her sake,  Barbara's sake and for her children. Don't care about Uncle Bad Touch. 

• Love 8

OK, I just looked at Adam's Facebook page.  The editing just doesn't add up on him and that's what bugs me so much.  It appears that he is able to see Aubrey unsupervised now because he has a ton of pictures of her and the other little one at his house.  That wouldn't be happening so publically if it wasn't allowed.  It also shows Adam attending Aubrey's spring school show, eating lunch at Aubrey's school, going to a movie night at Aubrey's school, and quite a few pictures showing Aubrey looking very happy with her dad.   Maybe MTV is saving that for a new story line?   I now hate what Chelsea is doing even more. 

• Love 4
On 5/24/2016 at 11:49 AM, Katt said:

I think a school putting on a Father/Daughter dance is a shitty thing to do. How many little girls have NO father figure or one who is horribly unreliable and are going to feel bad about not being able to go? Cole specifically said no mothers were there instead and this makes me sad. 

I FF through Leah's final segment as soon as I saw where it was going. STFU, bitch!

I grew up without a father and don't see the need to do away with the dances. My husband takes my two older girls to the daddy daughter dance and it's 95% dad's standing off to the side and the girls all dancing with each other and going crazy. The school does call it a father daughter dance but it says any father figure on the flyer. A single mom would be more than welcome. We really need to stop taking every little thing personally. Our local restraunt also does a daddy daughter date night and then a mommy son knight. I would hate if these things were done away with because of pc'ness.

• Love 6
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Lemons said:

OK, I just looked at Adam's Facebook page.  The editing just doesn't add up on him and that's what bugs me so much.  It appears that he is able to see Aubrey unsupervised now because he has a ton of pictures of her and the other little one at his house.  That wouldn't be happening so publically if it wasn't allowed.  It also shows Adam attending Aubrey's spring school show, eating lunch at Aubrey's school, going to a movie night at Aubrey's school, and quite a few pictures showing Aubrey looking very happy with her dad.   Maybe MTV is saving that for a new story line?   I now hate what Chelsea is doing even more. 

We see Aubree and Paislee at his house all the time on the show, and we have seen him actually show up once in a while to Aubree's events. This was never hidden.

When Aubrey came home from visiting her father, one of the first things Chelsea asked was "what did your father say?  Why didn't he go?"  Aubrey said she didn't remember what he said.  That's Aubrey's way of not wanting to talk about it with Chelsea and not wanting to see that over-the-top pity face that Chelsea makes when she talks about Adam. 

I know, right? How sad and telling that Aubree already feels, even subconsciously, that she has to do that. She's been through too many of these subtly manipulative conversations with her mom or her grandparents and she just does not want to feed into it.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Chicken Wing said:

We see Aubree and Paislee at his house all the time on the show, and we have seen him actually show up once in a while to Aubree's events. This was never hidden.

I know they used to show him at events over the years but they haven't this season so it looks like they are trying to highlight the drama of him missing the dance when in fact he is involved in many other ways. 

It was also disappointing that the show allowed Leah to lie about concentrating on her kids instead of men when in fact she was living with yet another guy. 

• Love 3

I think the issue with Adumb is, at least for me, it's not that he doesn't go to ANYthing. It's that he shows up when it's convenient/fun/looks good for HIM. I noticed a pattern of him getting a lot more involved any time he has a new love interest. Jenelle is the same way with Jace. To me, being a parent means making sacrifices and missing out on things you like to be there for your kids first and foremost. It means going to their events even if you don't have an entourage to come along and entertain you (because kid stuff is boring, yo.)

• Love 8
(edited)

That's how I feel. While I do think the show does tend to paint Adam is a harsher light than he probably deserves, they do make a point to show a lot of the times where he actually does seem interested and involved. He doesn't blow Aubree off all the time. But it has been a long-standing pattern with him to make time for her when it's convenient for him, and to blow her off when it isn't. And my, and obviously Chelsea's, frustration with him is that being a parent is not something you make time for when it's convenient and he's still not getting that -- yet he insists he wants 50/50 custody. It is to laugh.

And while they haven't shown Adam attending Aubree's events this season (did they even show any of her events/activities at all this year?), they did show him doing so in previous seasons and we also see him visiting with her otherwise (albeit while staring at his phone half the time) so it is established in the narrative that he is involved. But he's still not as involved as he ought to be, and given that he is currently fighting for his "right" to joint custody it was relevant to show that he still sometimes can't be counted on to put Aubree first -- even when the event is specifically about fathers and daughters. I mean, really, even if he can't get to every t-ball game or school pageant, you'd think he'd make a point to go to this.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 6
(edited)

I am not an Adam defender, but I think if he had gone to the father/daughter dance (instead of all the things Lemons saw on his Facebook page) wouldn't everyone say he only went b/c MTV was filming? Obviously, it would be ideal if he went to all her special events. 

Edited by HooHooHoo
  • Love 4

I don't particularly like any of the teen moms so I wonder why I keep watching... I guess because of the kids. But sometimes I feel like they're darned if they do, darned if they don't where viewers are concerned. They're criticized for talking about things in front of their kids and also criticized for having their kids not be present/ be with family members when they're filming or talking about things.

But I guess it doesn't really matter because IMO none of them are great moms, and most aren't even good moms. Yeah I'd like to believe that Leah wised up and sent her kids away to film the parts that they don't need to be around for or hear. But then she makes such huge family and TV drama over a darn backpack so I know that wasn't her motivation.

Likewise with Adam, if he shows up and brings his latest fling or spends too much time on the phone he is criticized (or just for showing up at all because then people think it's for publicity/MTV is filiming)... but if he doesn't show up he's criticized. But again he is just a crappy dad so I understand why everything he does is viewed as well.

• Love 2

It does make you wonder HOW the editors of this show make their decisions. If they only film once a month (as I think I've read somewhere), it means they are missing out on a lot.  I wonder how they decide to include clips of someone saying what someone else (such as Chelsea saying that Adam never shows up, for example).  How would they know if the person is telling the truth?  Then you throw social media into the mix... and it just gets even crazier.

• Love 1

My views on this episode, which I always watch late due to Hulu, but I think I may have caught this one a bit earlier than usual now that I figured out how to watch on mtv.com, are:

- Chelsea: She might be the best mom (compared to the rest, which isn't saying much) but to me she is by far the most annoying. I hate her baby voice and it seems she found someone with the exact same annoying baby voice, or maybe Cole just changed his voice to match hers. I find Cole to be very dorky and annoying. It might be that he is awkward around the camera and wants to stay away or it might be that something weird is up with him; I really can't tell and don't really care, I just hate the scenes of them together talking in their baby voices and they always seem so awkward and forced/fake to me. The only reason I watch those scenes are for Aubree whom I think is very cute and funny. I think it's weird that they have a pig but my toddler son likes to point at him and snort, so, I guess that's a bonus in those scenes as well.

I agree with the poster who said Chelsea has always been very privileged and spoiled and that is the reason she is the better mom-- she has had much less to overcome. I don't know what happened with her parents' divorce but she seems close to both supportive parents and really the only struggles she faces are those that were the result of her own dumb choices. She comes across as very not intelligent to me and it is frustrating to watch. 

I also agree that she pushes Cole onto Aubree and attempts to replace Adam as her father but it's too late because Aubree obviously loves her dad, as all kids do. I despise Adam and his gross tattoos and ugly hair or lack thereof, but it is normal for any girl/kid to love her father and want him in her life. I think Chelsea should just chill out on all the Cole-pushing and Adam-bashing because Aubree is going to come to resent her for that. My husband's father was a shitty father when he was young-- he left the family for a mistress and two other kids he had with her. But my husband's mother always talked badly about his father and my husband internalized this and I think kids see it as a negative reflection on themselves because they are half of each parent. My husband's father actually did change and come back around so maybe there is still hope for Adam.. and to this day my mother in law understandably gripes about what a bad person/dad my father in law was/is... and it drives my husband crazy. He blames his mom for the unhappiness just as much as he blames his dad, rightly or wrongly. Anyway I think that only Adam is to blame for not showing up to the dance but that Chelsea should handle these things better in front of and to Aubree. I think she goes out of her way to tease Aubree with "maybe your father will come, just to turn around and say, ha ha, he didn't come because he's a POS and here's your new daddy-hero Cole, aren't you happy?!" It broke my heart when Aubree was sad that Adam didn't show up and Chelsea's response was essentially "you knew that could happen, now get over it and be glad Cole was there." Aubree deserves to have her feelings validated and not forced to match Chelsea's. Cole is NOT Aubree's dad and at some point perhaps she will decide he has been more of a father figure to her but at this point in time she still has a semi-active father in her life and it makes sense that she would want HIM to be the one to take her to a father daughter dance since he is her father. So Chelsea should have just said once that she wasn't sure if Adam was going to make it but Cole would be there either way. Or I agree with those who say maybe Randy should have taken her-- he has been the grandfather/father figure in Aubree's life for 6 years and Cole is a relatively new thing and is not even her stepfather yet. Anyway, Chelsea pushed the back and forth maybe maybe not thing on Aubree way too much and I think she should be more empathetic of Aubree's feelings instead of always trying to get vindication and "told you so"'s about how awful Adam clearly is.

I agree that the "D" letter was weird. There used to be an "H" letter and the fact that it was already replaced with a D does seem weird to me. Granted I didn't change my last name upon marriage but of my many friends and family members who did, none of them set out monogrammed things BEFORE they got married and changed their name! It was something new and special to be brought out AFTER their name matched the monogram. I highly disagree that any guy has a monogrammed letter hanging up in his house so I do NOT think it was Cole's attempt to blend decorations... I think Chelsea replaced her old H with the new D which is cute that she's excited about the wedding but for my own personal tastes/opinions that is very annoying and does go along with the whole "faaaaammmmilllllllyeh" theme that is annoying to me too, because Aubree DOES have a dad and will always have a dad no matter what new family Chelsea forms.

I realize that I may have come off too harsh on Chelsea so I will just add that in my opinion she is by far the prettiest Teen Mom girl from any of the shows and I love that she stopped doing such overly dramatic things with her hair and makeup. She looks natural and healthy and I think she can be fun and silly in a good way, which sometimes redeem her otherwise annoying and dumb personality. I really am glad she got over Adam and I hope she continues to be happy with Cole. I'm glad Randy is there for her (and that her mom is too) even though he has too often spoiled her and/or stirred the pot unnecessarily. I have definitely given my opinions on her trying to force her anger at Adam onto Aubree, and I also sometimes agree with comments that say she spoils/coddles Aubree too much but I am probably the same way with my son. I would rather err on the side of treating him with love and unconditional acceptance and sweetness than snap at him, yell at him, or unnecessarily discipline him too harshly. I THINK that I do try to guide him a bit better than Chelsea usually does Aubree but who knows, it's all subjective. And I don't really think Chelsea's way with Aubree is that awful; I would way rather see her love her a bit "too much" than neglect her or hurt her like some of the other moms in the show or in real life. So in most ways I do think that Chelsea is a good mom but the Adam stuff just really gets in the way and I wish she could go back to a better counselor and actually listen to the counselor's advice and learn how to let some of this stuff go in order to be the best person and parent she can be. And I wish she would just grow up more, although admittedly she's grown quite a bit compared to most of the other girls and compared to where she started. So, go Chelsea even though I was just very harsh about her.

Jenelle - Whatever. I have no idea what is up with her medical "issues" but they looked fake or highly exaggerated to me, and just an excuse to get her ugly boyfriend to wait on her hand and foot even more than he normally does, while she doesn't see Jace yet again. I love how she has time to travel to New York and go out to eat but she can't possibly meet up with Jace just to take HIM to dinner or something. 

I used to be very anti-Barb because Barb puts her need for drama and her codependent dysfunctional relationship with Janelle above Jace's best interests. She should not fight with Jenelle in front of him but that has always been the case and she has done that since day 1. At this point she should not even talk to Jenelle in front of him and she should definitely not leave Jace in Jenelle's care or even let Jace be around Jenelle. But as many have said, Barb isn't going to change any more than Jenelle is going to change. And it's just always been that way. Now that Barb has been raising Jace for 6 years I feel a little more aligned with her. My son was recently sick with a gastroentestinal illness that had him vomiting all over me and having constant diarrhea, needing to cling to me and not sleep well at night etc. etc. etc. And I thought, Barb is the one always there for Jace when he's sick, taking care of him all on her own where at least I have my husband and his family's help. And she works full time at a minimum wage crappy job too, and is the one to drop him off and pick him up at daycare and give him the only stability and routine and consistent caretaking and love that he knows. She could definitely do a much better job but I do think she loves him and has done a pretty standup job given her obvious limitations. On the other hand she definitely has emotional issues and has him caught up in a lot of her drama and that is going to damage him, but I don't know what better chances he might have fared with non-relatives. It would really be a crapshoot I guess and so at least he has Barb, I suppose.

Leah - Talk about making West Virginia sized mountains out of molehills. Backbackgate was ridiculous. With that being said, I dislike Leah and think that she has become one of the worst moms in the Teen Mom franchise. She seems to be doing slightly better lately but I get the sense that a lot of that is editing and probably her pitching a fit or refusing to return to the show. I don't really buy most of it. With that being said, I'm not a huge Miranda fan either because she seems to like to stir the pot and create drama and I hated that tough girl mean scowl demeanor she had going on during the reunion. I don't know, it just made me see her in a different way and because I don't get to see much of her compared to Leah or the other actual teen moms, I really nothing else to go by. Yeah she is good with the girls but they don't have Ali in her wheelchair either. I think that Corey and Miranda are better parents than Leah and provide the girls with a more stable environment but I also think they have their share of issues. I just feel bad for all three girls in that situation (hopefully Addy is the one faring the best with Jeremy and his family off-camera, since he's the only one smart enough to be off the show. But when Addy is with Leah I cringe for that poor girl.

Kailyn - Eh, I really shouldn't even watch her segments because I think MTV is really playing with the timeline and nothing makes sense. They hated each other and fought all the time; then they made up and things were going well and he got deployed and now suddenly they hate each other again. There is definitely way more transpiring than we see and it makes me annoyed that I'm supposed to believe this timeline and be invested in following this crap. Isaac has become my favorite Teen Mom kid (I also love Bentley from Teen Mom OG) and I watch her parts for him, but I feel so bad for him now that he's losing Javi not only to deployment but to divorce. I used to kind of understand or empathize with Kail due to her awful upbringing but now I hate her for forcing Javi onto Isaac as his "dad" when Isaac already had a perfectly good dad in Jo, and then putting Isaac through this loss. How many more times will she do this to him (and now Lincoln)? It's heart-breaking! I really cannot understand or just plain stand her, and I feel done with her. There is nothing she can do to redeem herself to me. I think I dislike her more than Leah and Janelle because I think she has more self-awareness and intention in her awful actions. I think she has some sort of personality disorder like narcissism or borderline, where she gets her jollies by intentionally being cruel to other people and causing drama and then acting sweet and innocent or like "oh well no big deal." She is a relatively good mom now while her boys are young but I think it's because she views it as a reflection of her and they are still attached to her. She even makes and sales those dumb shirts singing her own praises about being their mom. While I agree with many of her opinions about parenting babies, such as natural birth and breastfeeding etc., she is one of those sanctimonious A-holes who does it because it makes her look good. (And I think she honestly is fulfilled by it and gets a certain sense of self-esteem from it but she goes over the top with it and makes it more about her than the kids.) And when the boys develop their own personalities and independence she is going to resent them for it and be cruel to them just like she's been to everyone else she's supposedly loved. She already shows signs of doing this with Isaac (like when she made him wake up and open presents and act a certain way just because she was throwing him a party during his nap time, or how she pushed Javi onto him and now acts unsympathetic sometimes when Isaac says he misses Javi... as if Isaac's feelings are just magically supposed to match up with her own). I feel she uses them as her pawns and it's awful.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

It does make you wonder HOW the editors of this show make their decisions. If they only film once a month (as I think I've read somewhere), it means they are missing out on a lot.  I wonder how they decide to include clips of someone saying what someone else (such as Chelsea saying that Adam never shows up, for example).  How would they know if the person is telling the truth?  Then you throw social media into the mix... and it just gets even crazier.

I would guess that when they schedule the filming, they may ask what is going on that month, and plan around that (court dates, birthdays, trips). Or, if they schedule filming for the 5-10 of the month or whatever, they plan some event to be during that time (plan the birthday party or the trip for that week). So while they are missing some things, I think they try to be there for the big ones.

But I don't think they care about the truth, just about what is on film (and probably salivate when some event happens on camera by chance, like an arrest or fight). If the truth mattered, some host would actually ask them questions about what is going on, or some third party voice over would correct misinformation. I would love to see one of these drama-fueled-filmed-24/7 reality show to break the fourth wall to call out lies (the camera shows X using Y's tooth brush, Y confronts X about it, X says they didn't do it, so Y says well lets look at the tape, and we see them watch). It's kind of why I like OG right now, because there is some amount of wall breakage and we see them answering questions they're asked, and their reactions, which I think shows more "truth", even when it's still bullshit.

• Love 1

I would pity the film crews if they had to film every week.  Can you imagine 30 hours of Jenelle complaining, Leah mumbling high off her face, Kail's tattoos and Chelsea's baby voice? I would probably gorge my eyes out or amputate my ears.  

• Love 7