Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E27: Dollop Gourmet, CreaProducts, Yourself Expression, The Spooner

• Start Topic

An immigrant entrepreneur cuts her own hair in front of the Sharks to demonstrate her products; an award-winning baker hopes to sweeten the deal with her healthy ready-to-eat frosting; a kid-preneur sister and brother duo pitch their lucrative interchangeable jewelry business; and three business partners are determined to convince the Sharks to hop on board with their wheelless skateboards. Also, an update on Phone Soap, that Lori Greiner invested in during season 6.

There was another interchangeable jewelry product on a few years back, also run by a kid. They got a deal on the show but then it fell apart: http://2paragraphs.com/2015/10/m3-girl-designs-what-happened-to-the-bottle-cap-jewelry-line/ " It came to the potential investors’ attention that m3 girl designs had sent a series of cease and desist letters to competitors, claiming they owned the copyrights to bottle cap jewelry, which they did not."

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm curious to see what will happen with the CreaClips.  I couldn't help it, I was impressed so I immediately went to Amazon and whaddaya know, there are at least a half dozen other companies making nearly identical products - I'm talking same colors, same sizes, same shapes, even the built in level. And they were much cheaper. Seems like some people like them and some hate them, but I figure if I'm going to try this type of product it'll be the identical $6 one. One of them even claims to be Trademarked.

Poor kids. I kind of didn't think they'd get a deal, but I hoped they might. I seriously thought Robert was going to give them a pity deal at the end there when the girl started crying. It isn't my style at all, but for what it was I thought their jewelry looked nice, and I liked their pop in options. I know people who'd like this. I think they're in the right markets with Hallmark and hospital gift shops. Maybe add in some craft fairs and regular recurring Farmer's Markets if they have the time to do it.

Edited by NikSac
typo
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, NikSac said:

I'm curious to see what will happen with the CreaClips.  I couldn't help it, I was impressed to I immediately went to Amazon and whaddaya know, there are at least a half dozen other companies making nearly identical products

And I found them on aliexpress, which is a popular source for kickstarter scammers. Well, this *will* be fun.

• Love 1
(edited)

This episode was the culmination of all the things that have been annoying me about this show for some time. I am so tired of the way it is edited. It has taken something that was once entertaining, and often informative, and made it so formulaic.

First, every single pitch sounds exactly the same. A quick announcement of a problem that doesn't really exist. A clumsy demo/explanation of a solution. Ending with a "So Sharks, who wants to random pun". It's no longer about presenting an investment opportunity, and more about following the tried and true method that several seasons of this show has created.

Second, this show really is not the place for sob stories, but this show keeps putting it up front and center. I was really interested in CreaClips (not as a product, I would never use it). What did she plan on doing with the money? What type of assistance did she need from the Sharks? She seemed fine selling it via YouTube viral videos, did she plan on taking it retail? I have zero doubt that this was all discussed, and just edited in favor of the never ending monologues from both her and Robert about how hard it was to be children of blue collar immigrants. The bonding between the two of them was touching, but not the reason I watch this show. In the end, we saw that she got a deal, but without a fraction of the information that we normally see.

Third, products are repetitive. Occasionally we see something innovative, but how many mail order foods/random board sports have we seen? It seems like a lot.

Fourth, it often seems so inconsistent. Again, I blame the editing for this. The kids didn't get a deal, and Mark said something about them getting bored and doing something else in a few years. Why did he come to that conclusion? Why are they different than all the other child entrepreneurs that this show cannot resist trotting out? What is sitting on the cutting room floor that we are missing? There was no real explanation of why they didn't get a deal. Whatever transpired was sacrificed for the money shot of an adolescent girl crying. Pure gold for the producers!

To channel my inner Lori: And for those reasons, I'm out.

Edited by hkit
  • Love 9

Frosting Woman says that her healthy frosting that doesn't contain chemicals--I guess it's made from sunshine and unicorn farts--claimed that it contains half the sugar of store-bought frosting.  She's correct.  She failed to mention it has twice the fat.  Did she actually claim it was healthier?  I also think she made a mistake choosing Barbara.  Kevin and Wicked Good probably fit her better.

I may be a rapidly aging Gen X-er (toward the end of the cohort), and this is probably massively unkind, but I wonder if perhaps we're past the point of being cool surfer dudes.  It's just...sad.  That said, while I don't generally like the Sharks all shouting over each other, I do like it when Lori loses.

I wish I could understand why they're so inconsistent with their reaction to crying.  I mean, CreaClips was probably getting a deal with Lori anyway, but the "daughter of working-class immigrants" missile that she targeted at Robert wasn't exactly subtle.  Also, even with the crying aside, she kind of seemed insane.

1 hour ago, hkit said:

Whatever transpired was sacrificed for the money shot of an adolescent girl crying.

As a certified Terrible Person, I have no problem with this.  So many of the kids who come into the Tank are clearly overprivileged, and a lot of them are just trying to pad their college applications, and then the rest often wouldn't be able to talk if their parents were drinking a glass of water at the same time.  And that's before I get into my crotchety special snowflake/everyone gets a trophy rant.  Even Ry's Ruffery and Mo's Bows--clearly a product of less extravagant families--are still Adorable Moppets, and it just sets my teeth on edge.

When this show first started, I honestly did think the pitches were interesting, and I fully admit to having found a lot of utility in my Mission Belts, Taaluma Tote, and Nerd Wax.  But at this point, I'm watching it mostly for the snark, and I'm okay with that.  I'm offering 42 minutes for a 75% equity stake in my misanthropy.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, starri said:

Frosting Woman says that her healthy frosting that doesn't contain chemicals--I guess it's made from sunshine and unicorn farts--claimed that it contains half the sugar of store-bought frosting.  She's correct.  She failed to mention it has twice the fat.  Did she actually claim it was healthier?  I also think she made a mistake choosing Barbara.  Kevin and Wicked Good probably fit her better.

Yes to everything here. Didn't she say the main ingredient was palm oil? Isn't palm oil awful for us, and the planet? Because it's gluten free/vegan/chemical-free/half the sugar/whatever-the-hell-else, doesn't make it healthy. And it would have been far better to pair it with Wicked Good cupcakes, who if they don't already have a line of "free of everything" cupcakes will probably develop one for the "health conscious" market, than for Barbara to try and launch it as an individual (and prohibitively expensive!) product.

• Love 5

Her website says it's ethically sourced.  Which I'm sure is a comfort to the hipster orangutans who are having to gentrify an increasing smaller habitat.

• Love 10

As this episode was winding down, Mr. Fourth and I looked at each other and said "What happened to all the trainwrecks and fuckups? Everyone tonight seemed...competent and successful." Even the kids who didn't get a deal are still bringing in six figures a year, apparently.

Speaking of the kids, this was one of those situations that made me wonder how it's decided who goes on which episode, or who appears before which Sharks. As they were presenting and outlining their future plans for licensing, I thought they might have had some luck with Daymond (who has shown his soft spot for kids before). Nothing's a guarantee, of course, but I wonder if things could have gone differently for them.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, designing1 said:

Yes to everything here. Didn't she say the main ingredient was palm oil? Isn't palm oil awful for us, and the planet? Because it's gluten free/vegan/chemical-free/half the sugar/whatever-the-hell-else, doesn't make it healthy. 

Yes, palm oil is a trans fat, and very unhealthy. It gets used in food products because it's shelf-stable (and tasty like so many unhealthy fats are).

I am so sick of the gluten-free thing. Not only is it a problem that genuinely affects very few people and mostly panders to a bunch of people who just have convinced themselves they have special snowflake tummies, but why would frosting have gluten in it in the first place? It's just sugar and fat! Also, if there's a product artificial colors were made for, surely it's frosting?

I can't see the Spooner boards staying interesting for very long. In that sense, they are probably perfect as a once a year rainy day elementary school gym activity, which seems to be where they've had their success. I don't see a home market for it.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
remove duplicate "and"
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, starri said:

Her website says it's ethically sourced.  Which I'm sure is a comfort to the hipster orangutans who are having to gentrify an increasing smaller habitat.

This is so funny! May I borrow it, please? I'll give you the full credit.

The only product I would buy is the full package of the Creaclip, which costs less than sixty bucks at her on-line store. I would probably buy two sets, one for myself and one for my sister who can use it on her kids. Sure, the immigrant story was laid on a bit thick but so what.

I looked up Dollop on-line, and Heather (who seems to be more about being a "brand" than a reputable pastry chef) is even more obnoxious than what was shown on Shark Tank. She seems to have all the depth of one of her cans of over-priced frosting. I can easily make several cans of frosting in my tiny kitchen with ingredients already on-hand. Give me twenty and I'll go to my local non-hipster grocery store to buy a few extras. Plus, I am so over the cupcake trend.

The Gogulski kids were a couple of over-privileged, pampered special snowflakes making a Pandora-like product for the Taylor Swift worshiping set. You could buy a $25.00 gift card from Michael's Crafts and give it to your favorite young crafter and let her or him go to town. As for Shelby's manipulative crocodile tears? I must be a truly evil person, but once she turned on the fake water works, I rolled my eyes.

And when the surfer dudes I stopped watching and turned to ION and watched a rerun of "Criminal Minds."

• Love 4

I remember an episode a couple of seasons ago where a lady and her mom came out and demonstrated her plastic yoga board.  It looked almost exactly like the Spooner board!  Plus, I think she had a patent on that thing.  Maybe we'll have a Shark vs. Shark patent dispute to entertain us.  That would be different!

The hair-cutting product was a good idea, I guess.  Of course, you could always by a Flowbie and cut your hair that way!  (Do they still make the Flowbie?  Come to think of it, I haven't seen one of those commercials in late night in a long time.)

The 2 kids had kind of a low-rent company, but, hey, they were making some good money from it!  I like it when kids get out there and hustle.  Over-priviledged or not, they're working hard, making money, and learning about how the world works.  At least their eyes aren't glued to their cell phones 24 hours a day.

From the way it was described, that frosting sounded terrible!  I'm glad she was somehow able to make that list of unappetizing ingredients taste good.  I thinks she should have gone with Kevin's deal.  Pairing her frosting with his cupcakes makes perfect sense.  Having Barbara try to replicate her Daisy Cakes success with frosting is a more iffy proposition.

• Love 1

I was happy to see 3 out of 4 presentations included strong women. A few episodes back all of the presenters were men. I think all of the pitches had their issues, but they had a lot of drive.

Barb was really obnoxious all episode. I do think she had a point about Wicked Good Cupcakes. Working closely with them could be a good deal, however, only if the women behind Wicked Good agreed. Getting into a business deal that was dependent upon partners who don't even know they are being offered up could be a disaster. Back to Barb, she had two pitches where things between her and Lori turned weird. One where she tried to bring Lori in on a deal without asking Lori first and another where she just tried to pitch for Lori. Odd.

I wonder if the jewelry kids would be better off selling random charms in packs. You would have to worry less about having so many skews in stock and that's the sort of thing where people can start trading them. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Why would the Wicked Good cupcakes women want to partner with the frosting woman? Since food/recipes can't be patented, they can just make their own vegan blah blah frosting and keep the money for themselves.  Instead they'd have to do all the marketing and packaging work (assuming they'd be selling it through their own store or website) just to sell someone else's product --and only get a third of the benefits.  

Edited by marny
typo
  • Love 1

Those kids were way too young. Where's mom or dad? Someone had to drive the tots to the studio. Minors can't enter into contracts, can they? Is that why they can't get anyone at Disney etc to answer their calls? Having unaccompanied minors on the show imo puts the Sharks in a no-win position. Why would the Sharks want to babysit a 10- and a 15-year-old's business? If it's not successful the Shark wil get blamed for that, if it's successful the Shark will get accused of exploiting child labor. Smart of the Sharks to back off. They were jst toooo young. (I really liked the entrepreneur girl, nothing against her--she is going to go far. And she should just blow off the old school business model and do things her own way. And crying randomly was my main hobby sophomore year in high school--solidarity!.) Really, no more kids without a visible adult at their side.

Those surfetting boards are in a toy store near me. With a sign, "please don't play with the Spooner." M'kay. Fad.

I confess I thought the self-haircut and bang trim looked really really terrible on the presenter. But Lori could not keep her hands off those products, so I knew she would take it.   

$7 frosting in a can. Sure, why not. It can be on the store shelf for a year before it spoils and gets tossed bynthe store.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bookish Jen said:

The only product I would buy is the full package of the Creaclip, which costs less than sixty bucks at her on-line store. I would probably buy two sets, one for myself and one for my sister who can use it on her kids. Sure, the immigrant story was laid on a bit thick but so what.

You might want to check out Amazon reviews and competing products first. But if you do get the Creaclip please let us know how it is. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, marny said:

Why would the Wicked Good cupcakes women want to partner with the frosting woman? Since food/recipes can't be patented, they can just make their own vegan blah blah frosting and keep the money for themselves.  Instead they'd have to do all the marketing and packaging work (assuming they'd be selling it through their own store or website) just to sell someone else's product --and only get a third of the benefits.  

What makes sense to me would be for Wicked Good to use the product in conjunction with their own, with minimal marketing on their part...some signage saying "We use blah-blah frosting, free of everything except palm oil, which will kill both you and our planet! You can buy it for home use at [store names here.] Bring lots of cash!" Or, you know, something less incendiary. Frosting Lady would be the one doing the heavy lifting of production, packing, shipping, and marketing to retail, incorporating the Wicked Good name in her own marketing ("as used by Wicked Good".) Wicked Good then gets 3% (or whatever the deal was) and all they have to do is use, and acknowledge using, the stuff. A deal where they take over the nuts and bolts of the woman's business for a mere 3% return would be dead in the water.

I confess I thought the self-haircut and bang trim looked really really terrible on the presenter. But Lori could not keep her hands off those products, so I knew she would take it.  

I thought it looked awful as well, and this is this woman's profession AND her product. Lori will sell a million of them on QVC. I can envision hairdressers everywhere rubbing their hands together in glee, anticipating all the women who'll be coming in to get their CreaClip nightmares fixed.

Edited by designing1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Dots And Stripes said:

I was happy to see 3 out of 4 presentations included strong women. A few episodes back all of the presenters were men. I think all of the pitches had their issues, but they had a lot of drive.

Except that the male sharks, as always, went "Eww, girl products" to both the jewelry and the hair-cutting accessories. Funny how Barbara seemed to have no problem investing in the surfer dudes, a predominantly male-skewing sport. Go figure.

I agree with most of the comments about the kids, but it drove me crazy that the sharks kept focusing on the 10 year-old boy. Oohing and ahhing over his tie, asking him financial questions, even pretty insultingly insinuating he would take over the business from his sister. I know that neither of them were the driving force behind this product, but she was way more of a driving force than he was, and the fact that they singled him out to dote on him just left such a bad taste in my mouth, in conjunction with the "Eww, girl products" attitude.

Finally, why did Kevin keep calling that company "Wicked cupcakes?" I kept wondering if he had turned them green (well, it is the color of money).

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

I agree with most of the comments about the kids, but it drove me crazy that the sharks kept focusing on the 10 year-old boy. Oohing and ahhing over his tie, asking him financial questions, even pretty insultingly insinuating he would take over the business from his sister. I know that neither of them were the driving force behind this product, but she was way more of a driving force than he was, and the fact that they singled him out to dote on him just left such a bad taste in my mouth, in conjunction with the "Eww, girl products" attitude.

I thought I was maybe overreacting or imagined that bit, but I see someone else saw it. It made me angry. And it burned me up when whoever said to the brother, "You've got the financial answers," or whatever it was, when his sister had led the presentation and answered all questions previously, regardless of the topic. The girl was doing just fine. She got a little overwhelmed just like grown people--gasp! even men!--four times her age do in the Tank.

Kevin is very unsubtle with his male superiority with his, "Let's let the Sharkettes talk now," that he uses all the time. Granted, he thinks HE'S superior, period.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

What happens if you don't have perfectly straight hair and you try to use that CreaClip?  I thought her bangs looked like crap.

From what I could gather in reading reviews, you're supposed to straighten it first.

I thought her bangs looked better "after" than "before" but I think she came in with them intentionally styled to look really bad so she could impressively cut them - except she missed one end, so they still looked pretty bad.

That beauty lady actually moved me to tears when she spoke about her dad working at McDonald's, etc. Normally that story of parental immigrant struggle doesn't affect me viscerally since it's hardly new, but for some reason it did this time. I must be PMSing. It didn't look that easy to do--like, I don't have that basic cutting technique down, guide or no guide. But I'm sure her line will sell like hotcakes on QVC, so good for her.

I thought all the presenters this week were pretty normal. And 3 of the 4 products seemed like something that would have a market, though not necessarily a large market.  The frosting didn't seem like it had a reason to exist.  "It's gluten free!" on a can of frosting is like saying "It's cholestrol free" on a jar of peanut butter (I do remember peanut butter jars boasting their cholesterol-free-ness).  I remember Robert saying he didn't like the taste, but I don't remember anyone saying that it tasted good.  I thought Mark's reason for being out was odd - "I can't invest because I would eat too much and get huge."

I thought the girl handled herself well and seemed very mature.  I think the brother was their for "cuteness" and because he really wanted to be on TV.

The Spooner boards are a fad, but so were yo-yos, hula hoops, wheel-o's, those things you put around your ankle then spun it around and jumped over it, etc.  They are all still around, but not nearly as popular as in their heyday. Like those other products, the Spooner will be really popular and then sales will dwindle.  The question is "Have the peaked in popularity yet?"

We fast forwarded through the back story for the CreatClips lady, but, as soon as I saw the image of a little girl flash by, I turned to my husband and said "She is going to cry during her presentation."  

I'm not exactly pro the frosting lady, but the point of explicitly saying it's gluten free on a product you wouldn't normally expect to have a reason to contain gluten is (in addition to marketing to the fad people) a productive way of confirming it was not processed in a facility that also processes things with gluten and thus should be free of potential cross contamination. For people with actual celiac that's important information to have.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

the point of explicitly saying it's gluten free on a product you wouldn't normally expect to have a reason to contain gluten is (in addition to marketing to the fad people) a productive way of confirming it was not processed in a facility that also processes things with gluten and thus should be free of potential cross contamination.

Ah, but the nutrition labels on the jars have a disclaimer that it's processed in a facility that handles nuts, wheat, dairy, and soy.

• Love 2

Frosting lady...she had THE most annoying voice I've heard on this show. And count me among those who said "WHAT?!" when she raved about her organic PALM OIL. I don't give a shit how "organic" it is, it is pure trans fat and everyone who knows a tiny bit about nutrition knows it. Gross, gross, gross, all around.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, NikSac said:

You might want to check out Amazon reviews and competing products first. But if you do get the Creaclip please let us know how it is. 

Thanks for the tip; I'll look into it.

Re Spooner Boards:  They had a couple of really good selling points--first, telling about how kids were naturally drawn to start messing around with them and second, that very young kids would build their sense of balance and . . . core strength, maybe?  (Are there parents eager for their kids to start skateboarding?  Isn't that a parental nailbiter?)

The main problem I noted was that the demo guy seemed to be draining his last molecule of go-go-go, after about 30 seconds.  LOL

The long pause might have been artificial editing, but the Sharks seemed to strike a nerve when they asked if these men really wanted to give up their laid back lifestyle business model for some serious corporate nitty-gritty.  Excellent point--these dudes all look like they still really enjoy hitting the waves every day.

(edited)

More puzzlement from me about the frosting is that depending on the type, some boxed/packet frostings (just add water) have no oils, although they might have egg whites. I probably haven't made a cake since the 70s but I think the premixed icing in a can has an off taste. If I'm short-cutting, I'd still prefer the stuff that comes in a box.

And honestly, an online search on vegan frosting recipes has over 500K results. I may be way off, but my assumption it that the majority of vegans tend to cook from scratch so there aren't any surprises.

Edited by lordonia

I looked up information about Pillsbury frosting.  Surprise, surprise, it is also...gluten free.  [(Buzzwords*Trendiness)+Smugness]/Whole Foods=Dollop.

• Love 5

Here is the Simply Fit board from a previous season:

simply-fit-board-orange.png

The sharks on one of them:

workout-board-Simply-Fit.jpg

Then the Spooner from this episode:

spooner_board_1459299336955_35084990_ver

And Chubby Joe Walsh holding the longer version:

SHK729_fv3.mov_900x506.jpg

The Simply Fit has a much sharper convex bottom in the middle, so it will be less stable while the Spooner is something more balanced for riding.

And here is the Yardbirds logo, in case you didn't put together why they call it a Yardboard:

yardbirds-the-51e26eb06b756.png

• Love 4

This show is kind of breaking down as far as the relationships between the Sharks go. Barbara flat out said she won't work with Kevin after she put out an open offer for another Shark to join in. We all know Kevin dug his own grave by trying to be the "mean guy" of the show, but at this point there's just no reason for him to be there. Then Mark joined in and shut down Lori, and he unwittingly explained why the show is stale: everybody knows what Lori has to offer and what he has to offer, so there's no point in negotiating or discussing any deals further. There's no tension at all. Everyone knows Mark is the most successful and he can just throw money at any investor he wants, even if he doesn't really like the product (which he apparently didn't with this one because HE ALREADY WENT OUT), and it's nothing to him. His bank account takes a minor blip, and he has to spend an extra 5 minutes a day emailing. Cast some new Sharks permanently, or at least try something different with the combinations. Will the world implode if Damon, Lori, and Barbara are all on the same episode?

I'm sorry, there's another company that calls themselves Pandora? I know of Pandora Radio, and the actual mythological Pandora, but none other. Why can't companies come up with creative names for themselves instead of just single words that are already something else?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, columbot said:

I'm sorry, there's another company that calls themselves Pandora? I know of Pandora Radio, and the actual mythological Pandora, but none other. Why can't companies come up with creative names for themselves instead of just single words that are already something else?

Pandora has been around since 1982, has 15000 employees, $2 billion dollars in annual revenue, and some of the most popular and highly advertised jewelry in the United States, so there's that...

• Love 2
7 hours ago, columbot said:

Cast some new Sharks permanently, or at least try something different with the combinations. Will the world implode if Damon, Lori, and Barbara are all on the same episode?

Please yes. The show is still doing well enough in the ratings -- usually second in its time slot behind Blue Bloods -- but I for one am losing interest in the same tired shtick from the sharks week after week. As it is I only watch the initial presentation and then fast-forward to the decision. Can't stand listening to them bicker any more.

The producers could add an electronic whiteboard with background info -- sales figures, years in business, cost to manufacture, etc. If not, we're stuck with the sharks asking the same damned crap over and over. Maybe providing the basics would leave them room for more in-depth questions.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/7/2016 at 8:34 AM, starri said:

When this show first started, I honestly did think the pitches were interesting, and I fully admit to having found a lot of utility in my Mission Belts, Taaluma Tote, and Nerd Wax.  But at this point, I'm watching it mostly for the snark, and I'm okay with that.  I'm offering 42 minutes for a 75% equity stake in my misanthropy.

It's show fatigue and happens about the 3rd season of every scripted/reality hybrid show.  Just like with "Bridezillas" when they realized that OTT bad behavior got them chosen to be filmed.  Shows like "The Bachelor" that now cast "characters" instead of actual contestants.  They amp up the drama and the cheeziness/tragedy/environmental aspects, because they think the entire viewing audience is a bunch of idiots.  

Lots of us are sitting there, snarking right along with you, and waiting for the trope du jours every episode.  And drinking.  We do lots of drinking.

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, columbot said:

Will the world implode if Damon, Lori, and Barbara are all on the same episode?

We can't possibly have three minorities on one show!

Pandora jewelry is tacky, but that's just my opinion.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, columbot said:

Will the world implode if Damon, Lori, and Barbara are all on the same episode?

The world? No.  A chair? Maybe...

Damon, Lori and Barbara are only allowed to sit in chairs 2 and 4, so having three people share 2 chairs could be detrimental to one of the chairs.  And what if Ashton Kucher (the non-regular who doesn't have to sit in Robert's chair) is also on that episode with Damon, Lori, and Barbara?  Four people in 2 chairs?  There would be chair shrapnel flying everywhere.  

I want to see an episode without Kevin.  I am so tired of him talking over everyone, shouting out what he thinks are witty comments, while he is actually just being very mean and rude.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, bilgistic said:

6 hours ago, bilgistic said:

My opinion, too. I make my own charm bracelets.

Is Pandora the one that has that dumbass commercial about the wife's husband giving her the "red hot love bead", and she giggles ashamedly, telling her friend about it, like she's wearing anal beads on her wrist instead of a mass-produced mall charm bracelet?

• Love 3
On 5/7/2016 at 11:55 AM, Latverian Diplomat said:

Yes, palm oil is a trans fat, and very unhealthy.

I'm not sure that's entirely true. Palm oil is often hydrogenated to change the consistency, which creates trans fats. But in it's naturally-occurring state I don't believe there's any significant amount of it. Buying palm shortening without trans fat is very easy to do and the fat makeup isn't really that far from butter.

That said, "transfat free" is like the one label her site doesn't have, so who knows. I'm surprised she missed the chance to use coconut oil, which is all the rage right now. And the same environmental footprint as palm. (Which is to say, significant.)

• Love 1