Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

Here is a link to a few articles

Why ‘The Pioneer Woman’ Ree Drummond Doesn’t Film at Her House (cheatsheet.com)

I am not sure about the truth of this statement:

In a 2017 interview with Delish, Drummond spoke about her hesitation when she was presented with an opportunity to host her own Food Network cooking show. She says she wasn’t sold on the idea of having a show because she was used to remaining behind the scenes.

Since she was a food blogger, Drummond was comfortable staying hidden. Here’s what she said about her reaction when the Food Network opportunity was presented to her:

“When I first talked to Food Network about doing a TV show, I was a food blogger,” says Drummond. “I was very much behind the camera. I’m definitely not someone who ever thought about being a TV personality or anything like that, so when we first started discussing the possibility of my having a cooking show, I did balk a little bit.

Here she says she is "frightened" to try on the dress she bought for her daughter's wedding which is months away. And if you are trying to lose weight before a big event, why not lose the weight, then buy the dress. It's not like she can't afford to do it that way.

Drummond says she found the perfect dress for her daughter’s wedding. However, she’s “frightened” to try on the dress because she’s not sure how she will look.

“I have my dress, but I haven’t tried it on yet,” wrote Drummond on The Pioneer Woman website. “I’m too frightened. But I will, because guess what? I have started exercising and eating less, which I’ve heard can maybe result in slimming down?”

Drummond says she is trying to increase awareness of her body and move more often. She joked that she wishes she could just wear yoga pants to her daughter’s wedding.

“All kidding aside, I’m just being a lot more mindful of moving my bod all throughout the day, and I’m also being more mindful of not eating so much cake,” said Drummond. “I’m feeling confident! I wish I could just wear yoga pants.

I just read that Ree’s nephew, Caleb Drummond, was driving a fire truck on the ranch and collided head-on into another fire truck driven by Ladd.  They were fighting a fire on the ranch.  There was poor visibility because of all of the smoke and Caleb wasn’t wearing a seat belt.  He flew out of the fire truck at least 70 feet and is now in critical condition.  He’s 21 and I’m guessing he’s the son of Ladd’s brother.  Ladd refused medical treatment.  So, So terrifying.  Prayers for the family and a full recovery for Caleb. 

• Love 3

from her facebook page

I want to thank you all for your prayers for our family. Caleb and Ladd are in the hospital, but we think they will both be okay. As a family we are giving thanks today, knowing things could have been much worse. Thank you all for your love and kindness. It means a lot.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Dineen said:

Caleb and Ladd are in the hospital,

I guess Ladd reconsidered getting medial treatment. I’d rather be safe than sorry. Internal injuries don’t always present immediately. 

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I guess Ladd reconsidered getting medial treatment. I’d rather be safe than sorry. Internal injuries don’t always present immediately. 

Exactly. So often the case. I’m glad Ladd is being looked after as well.  Better safe than sorry.  

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Dineen said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/ree-drummond-shares-update-on-family-members-after-truck-collision/

Look at the hat on Caleb. It says "lizzys gotta player." Along with the Drummond ranch symbol. what does lizzys gotta player mean? I have never heard of that

Mr. Google told me the answer:

"Lizzys Gotta Player, 2004 NCHA World Champion Stallion and sire of 61 NCHA money earners with $2 million and an average of $31,771, died May 12, following colic surgery. He was owned all of his life by Drummond Land & Cattle Company and buried on the Drummond Ranch near Pawhuska, Okla."

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/12/2021 at 12:46 PM, Westiepeach said:

He was owned all of his life by Drummond Land & Cattle Company

I should have looked that up myself. I hope Ree does a FN show about bringing food to Caleb in the hospital. On second thought maybe not we don't want him to get an sicker LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Caleb is Tim and Missy's son. He used to pop up on the show when he was younger every once in a while.

Caleb is Paige's age. I believe Halle is also college age> It seems Tim and even Missy herself have chosen Ranch life versus the space Ree and Ladd have given their children.

I won’t take you through every step of the past several days, but here’s the important part: Caleb and Ladd are going to be okay. Caleb broke some ribs, had a pretty bad concussion, and a few other injuries that will heal. Ladd (the guy I told you about who drove himself to the hospital?) broke his neck in two places—and evidently one of the two fractures was very close to being catastrophic. Have I mentioned cowboys don’t like to admit when they’re hurt? Ladd was transferred to Tulsa and had surgery to stabilize one of the fractures. Thanks to some rods and other hardware (and an amazing neurosurgeon named Dr. Kalani), it’s fixed now and that danger is over. He will have to wear a neck brace for several weeks to let the other fracture heal, and the girls and I will bling out the brace for Alex’s wedding…but we are just grateful he will be here for Alex’s wedding

Missy stayed by Caleb’s side and I stayed by Ladd’s (we were in the same hospital). Shoutout to the Wendy’s next door to the hospital for getting us through. Frosties are truly medicinal in these situations. Ladd’s brother Tim rotated between his son and his brother, and I felt so bad for him. Tim and Ladd lost their older brother when they were teenagers, and I know that was a whole other kind of worry and pain he was navigating. But now Caleb’s back home and is doing well, thank God, and Ladd and I were able to come home yesterday afternoon. He’s got some recovering to do, but he should be back in the saddle (figuratively and literally) before too long.

• Love 4

I have laughed at her recipes, admired how she revitalized Pawhuska, and I very much hope her family will be okay.  My general observation in CO (where we routinely have people die after being ejected from their car) is people don't wear seat belts.  Not sure it would make much of a difference in this case.  I wish all of them the very, very best.

• Love 4
On 3/17/2021 at 10:09 PM, albarino said:

My general observation in CO (where we routinely have people die after being ejected from their car) is people don't wear seat belts.

Yeah, statistically about 70% of people who are ejected from a vehicle have significant head injuries or neck fractures if they don't die.  I can tell you that after years as a nurse in a Neuro ICU, not one of my major trauma patients was wearing a seatbelt.

• Love 1
On 3/20/2021 at 10:07 AM, Dineen said:

Only saw part of this morning's "underappreciated" show. Spam is gross. I don't know anyone who eats it.  

<wince>

What canned good is Ree going to dig out of her pantry to demo for her audience next? Hormel Chili?

Open, Heat. Sprinkle two cups of pre-shredded cheese. Serve with saltines and corn chips on the side. 

Another exhausting day of producing empty content.

I received a wedding shower invitation, and the bride-to-be has a gift registry of everything PW. I can't buy anything from Ree Drummond.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I received a wedding shower invitation, and the bride-to-be has a gift registry of everything PW. I can't buy anything from Ree Drummond.

That stuff is so shoddy, does bridey realize she will have to replace all of the chipped and broken stuff within a year?  I don't blame you, I wouldn't cast a dime in Ree's direction.  She shills this crappy stuff to her followers without a second thought.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I wouldn't cast a dime in Ree's direction.  She shills this crappy stuff to her followers without a second thought.

And if anyone out there likes her designs, and some of them are pretty, you can wait about 5 years or so and they will start to show up at garage sales and the goodwill shop and other second hand stores. Her stuff is cheaply made, but some of the designs (floral) are nice. But it did not take much creativity to put a floral design on anything, as they are already out there. She is really only selling her name and a fantasy.  I saw a metal tin container with a floral design on it in Walmart for $4.00. I believe they sell tin boxes like that at the dollar store for, obviously, only a dollar. All retail stores mark up their wares, so a tin like that is not even worth a dollar. I don't know how much walmart splits the rest with Ree. I know Ree sells a quilt line at Walmart. I bet those quilts fall apart after a short time if you have to wash them,. Especially if the are for kids. 

• Love 1
On 3/22/2021 at 3:55 PM, Cetacean said:

That stuff is so shoddy, does bridey realize she will have to replace all of the chipped and broken stuff within a year?  I don't blame you, I wouldn't cast a dime in Ree's direction.  She shills this crappy stuff to her followers without a second thought.

I spoke to the bride-to-be's mother, asking if there were options; I didn't mention that I thought PW merch was garbage. Mom said anything in the recommended color pallet (PW floral rose, pink, turquoise) would be fine. I found a Lodge 6 quart Dutch Oven in turquoise on clearance at Tuesday Morning. 

• Love 4

She is in the national enquirer with Ladd's accident. It says Alex's wedding will be a "one million dollar " wedding. With fireworks. She is on the cover of woman's world with "recipies inspired by Ree Drummond." Hmm, what does that mean? Insipired by? They were just the usual Easter fare.

4 minutes ago, Dineen said:

She is in the national enquirer with Ladd's accident. It says Alex's wedding will be a "one million dollar " wedding. With fireworks. She is on the cover of woman's world with "recipies inspired by Ree Drummond." Hmm, what does that mean? Insipired by? They were just the usual Easter fare.

A million dollar wedding. Is that for the wedding party to ride into the ceremony on matching white horses? The girls can ride side saddle. 

• LOL 2
10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Is that for the wedding party to ride into the ceremony on matching white horses

You are funny mindthinker! I am sure the reception will be catered, the fireworks will be long, and of course there will be a band (just as we all have/have had). Probably many guests, including Garth Brooks and Trisha, Bobby Flay, celebrities etc. And all of the local judges and law enforcement (must keep them on your side). I'm still glad Ladd and Caleb are ok.

• Love 3
On 3/20/2021 at 11:07 AM, Dineen said:

Spam is gross. I don't know anyone who eats it.

You should visit Hawaii.  We lived there when I was a child and spam was popular there then and according to google (and google is never wrong) it's still popular.

• Love 1

The Pioneer Woman has become nearly impossible to watch since her kids and friends film the show. She tries so hard to be cool with the kids that the show suffers. She giggles, interacts too much with them and because of that, she messes up the demonstration. I think that nearly every show she forgets some ingredient and has to backtrack to correct her mistakes. And so many of her recipes are basic and boring. Who doesn’t know how to grill a steak or fry potatoes?  

• Love 6
On 3/29/2021 at 12:38 AM, maggiemae said:

I find it it weird she is so flirty on the shows recently- can't even  make the recipes right.

because there is no script. the old shows were totally scripted.

• Love 2

interesting comments to this video

The Stunning Transformation of Ree Drummond - YouTube

this video sounds like a promo ad from her pr team-an advertisment

now selling ice cream that is "shelf stable" meaning heavily processed and filled with chemicals. One would be better off buying the fresh ingredients and doing it all by hand. You have to buy her new ice cream machine too. All her food products are unhealthy.

Ree Drummond’s New Ice Cream Collection Is Homemade Fun for the Whole Family (yahoo.com)

her 2 cats are "barn cats." They should let the cats live in the house. I have noticed that "country people" tend to be mean to animals. They won't let animals into the house. I am suburban. We have always spoiled our pets. They are treated like royalty. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Dineen said:

her 2 cats are "barn cats." They should let the cats live in the house. I have noticed that "country people" tend to be mean to animals. 

There actually are reasons for barn cats where there is a lot of feed storage - rodent control.  As long as they are provided a safe place to sleep, food, and are fixed they normally lead a pretty fair life.  Our humane society (this is a rural area) will adopt out animals for that purpose.

Not that I would ever do that, my pets eat better than I do but that's the reality of rural life.  It's not necessarily mean - animals on farms have "jobs" including all of the ones they raise to be slaughtered.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

I wonder how many epiIt is unthinkable that she could still do these while he is in the hospital.

It's all about the $$$.  Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

• Love 4

This is from a site called "cheatsheet.com" Why is my BS detector going off? For such a non-materialistic, religious godly woman she sure does chase the almighty dollar. God would be doing us all a favor if the moths and rust destroyed her crap low quality junk. Just my feeble attempt at humor.

Ree and Ladd Drummond read the Bible together

Fast forward 25 years, and Ree and Ladd Drummond have continued to thrive in their marriage. Sure, there have been bumps in the road, including when Ree first married Ladd and realized she now had to wake up before sunrise each morning to tend to the cows. But the two have always remained steadfast in their love. in an interview, Ree revealed that they read the Bible together.

Ree revealed to PeopleTV the one Bible verse that has meant a lot to her marriage. “Ladd and I read the Bible, and we love that one verse that says, ‘Do not store up on Earth that which moths and rust destroy, but store up treasures in heaven,’” she said. Ree was paraphrasing Matthew 6:19.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
21 hours ago, Dineen said:

Why is my BS detector going off? For such a non-materialistic, religious godly woman she sure does chase the almighty dollar.

I'd rank her right up there with the smarmy televangelists that accept hard earned dollars from the poor to finance their zillion dollar mansions, private jets, and car collections all in the name of god.  Store up treasures in heaven?  Puh-leeze.  Give up the mega-ranch and then we'll talk.

Edited by Cetacean
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Give up the mega-ranch and then we'll talk.

I agree! Hey everyone, there are free tours of the Lodge this week! I'm sure you will all go. I haven't gotten my invitation the the wedding yet, I'm sure it is in the mail.

• LOL 4

I know everybody is different but I really respect Ree and Lad's investment in their town.  They didn't need to do any of that.  I don't look to her for recipes nor would I buy any of her products but her fame on the Food Network has really created jobs and wealth in her town.  I will always give her credit for that.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, albarino said:

I know everybody is different but I really respect Ree and Lad's investment in their town.  They didn't need to do any of that.  I don't look to her for recipes nor would I buy any of her products but her fame on the Food Network has really created jobs and wealth in her town.  I will always give her credit for that.

Yep! They took buildings that had been vacant for years and turned them into actual open businesses. It's not like she ran other businesses out of the area. I don't know about the other buildings, but I followed the restoration of the building the Merc is in and not only did they do something with a long closed building, they were very, very committed to using a ton of the original materials, no doubt paying a HUGE  amount of money to have things refurbished and restored. I swear I read the building they use as a warehouse for the Merc's products used to be a Walmart that had closed years before too. I can't imagine there was a lot of demand for a building that size in the middle of no where. It's a long and convoluted reason, but a Walmart closed basically down the street from me a few years ago (and another one was built literally 2 minutes away, basically next door to the first one) and its still empty. It's hard to find a business who wants a building that size if there's zoning restrictions in place.  It's not like I live in a rural area either, there's another Walmart literally 10 miles down the same exact road and you pass about 50 restaurants, a mall, and a Meijer's to get to it. Not only are they pumping a huge amount of jobs and money into the area, they are using closed up buildings to do it. So while it's easy to mock her tacky designs and paint her as some kind of money grabbing greedy monster, I don't see a hell of a lot of other families shelling out what was no doubt millions of dollars to restore and revitalize aging and dying areas in their hometowns. From what I've pieced together, they've also dumped a ton of money into the local high school football program and facilities. Sure, it's basically to make sure their boys become college football players (and I'd be lying if I didn't say  I think they have their sights on at least one of them getting drafted into the NFL). Again, it could be seen as self serving, but other kids have and will benefit for years to come from the upgrades if nothing else. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Dineen said:

So, he was arrested, but not yet charged, and it will be the district attorney's decision whether or not to charge him. I thought when you were arrested the charge was automatic (??)

https://www.today.com/food/caleb-drummond-ree-drummond-s-nephew-arrested-dui-t215455

I think if your last name is Drummond and you live in Oklahoma, charges aren't automatic.  I know it's on this thread somewhere, but there are several family members who have had tickets dismissed.

• Love 4