Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

Hideous...... and bizarre, but at least paper.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pioneer-Woman-Harvest-Pumpkin-Pie-Thanksgiving-Paper-Dessert-Plates-8in-12ct/211257553

I tried copying the photo of the plate but it was too much. This is so ugly and weird I am speechless. I looked on her facebook. She posted A LOT of stuff on Christmas, yesterday, today. Why wasn't she cooking? Or fawning over the bottom of her sexy he-man neanderethal husband? Or doing chores (ha) (no that is for the full time housekeeper). She spent a lot of time online over the holiday posting recipies, drivel, and fluff. 

I figured out why she has stopped with the "giveaways." If the Reeple think they can win a prize, like the 12 days of boots, they may not buy her stuff online. They will order a blouse online from walmart instead of waiting to see if they won a mixer or cowgirl boots to give as a present. That has to be the only reason, I can think of no other. I looked at her website and facebook and did not see anyone ask "Where is the 12 days of boots?" Not one comment. They (her web team) must scrub those things quickly. I wonder how many new fans she has, and whether the "old" ones are starting to put two and two together, as they must surely have noticed the contests are all gone!! I wonder  what the ratings on her show is. Food network is continuing to promote her, as she was on a few of the Christmas shows (with Eddie Jackson). Yesterday a rerun has her making a grammatical error, saying "Ladd and me" rather than "Ladd and I." So much for journalism classes.

This area is very pro-PW, so I have been surprised by how much of her stuff is left in after-Christmas clearance.  I think most of the stuff is ugly as sin, but it seems to sell well here.  So I expected what was left to go quickly in the sales, but there is still a lot there.  Surprising.

• Useful 1

What area is that? Do you live in the country? Or the suburbs? It  occurred to me that the only thing that she does not sell is her own perfume line. It could smell like cow dung, or any dirty farm animal. Or maybe Ladd's armpits after a day of working cattle.

This area is very pro-PW  I forgot to quote you!

Edited by Dineen
mistake
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, Dineen said:

What area is that? Do you live in the country? Or the suburbs? It  occurred to me that the only thing that she does not sell is her own perfume line. It could smell like cow dung, or any dirty farm animal. Or maybe Ladd's armpits after a day of working cattle.

This area is very pro-PW  I forgot to quote you!

I live in the Texas Panhandle.  Lots of PW stuff in the stores and it seems to sell well.  I have various family members whose houses look like she threw up in there and they've all gone to Mecca (Mercantile) several times.  

19 hours ago, bunnyface said:

I have various family members whose houses look like she threw up in there and they've all gone to Mecca (Mercantile) several times

I totally get what you mean, however that sentence is hilarious.

• Love 4

Alex and Paige look like oversized elves. Just now she made a "healthy" apple pie without the crust (to save on carbs) and then put a big scoop of ice cream on it, along with honey. HHHMMMMMMMM...........crazy.

• Love 1

Gosh, I haven't been here in a while. Today I tried watching her show as it comes on right before The Kitchen (which is a show that should maintain the separation of the cooks/chefs).  But that nonstop smiling makes me grind my teeth.  I read somewhere that her fans are complaining about that never-ending smile and her excuse is that she's trying to hide jowls.  Uh-hunh. She can well afford a plastic surgeon to fix those jowls. I think she's trying to be another grinning Giada. The frittata she made today, with the dollop of sour cream on top, looked good, though.

• Love 2
On 12/23/2020 at 11:24 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I think it’s a combination of that and eye liner. Personally I don’t find black flattering on belongs and red heads. I think a dark brown is more suitable for their coloring. I think she is also squinting which makes it seem worse. She looks so pale next to her husband. 

Is she a natural red head?

Here are some comments from her readers of her website about how it has changed for the worse, it is now nothing but a marketing site for her stuff. From the article about her new line of quilts. 

Here is my 2 cents worth! I agree that this website ain't what it used to be. And I to missed the 12 boots of Christmas, in fact there doesn't seem to be any give aways anymore. Which is ok, they certainly are not a requirement, but they were fun! The whole site used to be down home fun! I love the PW products, own all her cookbooks, bake ware etc. However, the pots and pans were poor quality and didn't last a year, but they were not expensive so I got what I paid for. The 4 Walmart's within 40 miles of me are always out of PW merchandise, which is frustrating. A little more quality control would be nice. All in all love the cooking show, most of her products and cookbooks. But this site is no longer one of my daily stops. It has become a promotion of her and her stuff! Give me back the funny and sweet family stuff, I see more of that on the PW Facebook page than I do here! Ok that was like 25 cents worth, but there it is.

I am saddened to think she would endorse quilts(which are no more than comforters) that are sold by Walmart. Quilts are handmade( not out of some foreign country), and are expensive because of the time and workmanship involved. They are what a true pioneer woman did, plus they are a connecting to our american history. Marketing these imported knockoffs that are made by cheap labor does nothing more than devalue a true homemade quilt. She should stick to doing what she does well and is. She is a city girl who wanted to be in the public eye, married a country dude and learned to cook. She puts out a great ready to follow cookbook, has cute cooking shows and her kitchen stuff is cute but she should keep her name or of areas she really doesn't know any thing about. Quilting is more than buying a cheap blanket and someone should clue her in. This really makes me realize how people let money and publicity go to their heads and forget what true grassroots really are.

Then don't call it a quilt, it's a comforter. Don't devalue the work a true quilter does.

Like the song says: The Old Grey Mare "she ain't what she use to be." I'm all for change but this wasn't for the better. I feel it's more of a marketing site for the Ree Drummond product lines. Definitely missed "The 12 Days of Boots Giveaway." Guess we won't see that again. They're not Ree's products

The Pioneer Woman has a line of fabric. If you scroll down you will see it.

My comment: A lady I know runs our church volunteer sewing room, making quilts and stuff to sell to raise money for the church, with people volunteering their time. She buys the fabric from Walmart because it is cheaper, but says it is low quality, and doesn't last long. I bet Ree uses the same factory in China as does Walmart. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Dineen said:

Here are some comments from her readers of her website about how it has changed for the worse, it is now nothing but a marketing site for her stuff. From the article about her new line of quilts. 

Here is my 2 cents worth! I agree that this website ain't what it used to be. And I to missed the 12 boots of Christmas, in fact there doesn't seem to be any give aways anymore. Which is ok, they certainly are not a requirement, but they were fun! The whole site used to be down home fun! I love the PW products, own all her cookbooks, bake ware etc. However, the pots and pans were poor quality and didn't last a year, but they were not expensive so I got what I paid for. The 4 Walmart's within 40 miles of me are always out of PW merchandise, which is frustrating. A little more quality control would be nice. All in all love the cooking show, most of her products and cookbooks. But this site is no longer one of my daily stops. It has become a promotion of her and her stuff! Give me back the funny and sweet family stuff, I see more of that on the PW Facebook page than I do here! Ok that was like 25 cents worth, but there it is.

I am saddened to think she would endorse quilts(which are no more than comforters) that are sold by Walmart. Quilts are handmade( not out of some foreign country), and are expensive because of the time and workmanship involved. They are what a true pioneer woman did, plus they are a connecting to our american history. Marketing these imported knockoffs that are made by cheap labor does nothing more than devalue a true homemade quilt. She should stick to doing what she does well and is. She is a city girl who wanted to be in the public eye, married a country dude and learned to cook. She puts out a great ready to follow cookbook, has cute cooking shows and her kitchen stuff is cute but she should keep her name or of areas she really doesn't know any thing about. Quilting is more than buying a cheap blanket and someone should clue her in. This really makes me realize how people let money and publicity go to their heads and forget what true grassroots really are.

Then don't call it a quilt, it's a comforter. Don't devalue the work a true quilter does.

Like the song says: The Old Grey Mare "she ain't what she use to be." I'm all for change but this wasn't for the better. I feel it's more of a marketing site for the Ree Drummond product lines. Definitely missed "The 12 Days of Boots Giveaway." Guess we won't see that again. They're not Ree's products

The Pioneer Woman has a line of fabric. If you scroll down you will see it.

My comment: A lady I know runs our church volunteer sewing room, making quilts and stuff to sell to raise money for the church, with people volunteering their time. She buys the fabric from Walmart because it is cheaper, but says it is low quality, and doesn't last long. I bet Ree uses the same factory in China as does Walmart. 

I am a quilter and agree with you!!

The above picture is from her website, an article (advertisement) on the make-up she wears, with a link so you can Buy it!! At the end it shows the products urging you to "try one today." With the link.  At the top of this advertisement (oops, sorry, I meant article), in small letters, is this:

Every item on this page was chosen by The Pioneer Woman team. The site may earn a commission on some products

It is now so blatant and in your face. And now she has gotten rid of the giveaways. That was part of the old site's charm, and it is gone. Now it is just selling and blah recipies we all know already and blah articles. No reason to read it. I wonder if the viewer traffic is the same?

Here is a copy and paste of some of it: 

Flavors include Cinnamon Roll, Pecan Pie, and Toffee Crème Brûlée

If you're anything like Ree Drummond, you don't go a day without downing at least—at least!—one cup of coffee. Heck, you wouldn't even think of it

"I wouldn’t want to live in a world without coffee," Ree says. "To say I couldn’t live without it is an understatement."

Well, good news, Ree (and all fellow coffee-loving fans): It's safe to say you'll never have to. Live without coffee, that is. With the launch of Ree's very own line of The Pioneer Woman Flavored Coffee Pods at Walmart, she's mastered the art of java once and for all—and the world is better and more caffeinated for it

The Pioneer Woman Flavored Coffee Pods

walmart.com

$14.99

Yes, it's true: Today, Ree's delightful coffee blends hit the market, and they're sinfully good. High-quality beans, convenient, single-serve cups, and out-of-this-world flavors make it hard not to buy the entire line all at once.

The Cinnamon Roll pods are inspired by Ree's mom's legendary recipe, while Toffee Crème Brûlée pays homage to Ree's own favorite dessert. There's also a Pecan Pie flavor to try (it's the ultimate dessert in the Drummond family), plus Hazelnut Vanilla, French Vanilla, and Caramel Fudge Brownie. In the coming months, there'll also be a Spicy Cowgirl flavor available as a fun ode to Ree's signature cinnamon and chile-loaded beverage

Of course, if you're more of a coffee purist, there are also three non-flavored blends to try: Up & At ‘Em (a breakfast roast), Saddle Up (a medium roast), and Giddy Up (a dark roast). And if you don't have a Keurig or other pod-compatible coffee machine, don't worry. Ground beans will be available for purchase later this year. Bottoms up! 

• LOL 1

A Part of Hearst Digital Media The Pioneer Woman participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites

So don't buy anything after linking to the new website. Make a note of the website name, and/or URL and go there separately. Interesting that now the site is part of "Hearst Digital Media." I'm sure professional webmasters do all the work.

• Love 1

Form 1: U.S. Ad-Free Subscription Form

If you choose to opt out of (1) Cross-Site Tracking and (2) Third-Party Marketing but want to continue to access our content on the U.S. magazine brands’ websites and through newsletters listed here, you will be able to do so by purchasing a subscription to access such content in an ad-free experience. This subscription is available monthly for $3.99 or annually for $39. The subscription fee reasonably relates to the value of your personal information when aggregated with others.

The U.S. Ad-Free Subscription is different from any other print or digital subscription you may have with us and having such other subscription does not entitle you to the U.S. Ad-Free Subscription. You may cancel your U.S. Ad-Free Subscription at any time.

Please complete the form below to purchase your U.S. Ad-Free Subscription. Any personal information collected on the form directly below will be used for the purpose of processing your subscription.

Select Your U.S. Ad-Free Subscription Fee Option

Monthly Subscription$3.99 / Month

Annual Subscription$39 / Year ($3.25 Per Month)

Your Opt Out Rights

You have a right to request that we do not sell your personal information to third parties, for such third parties’ own commercial purposes, on a going forward basis. We may share your personal information with third parties in ways which constitute a “sale” under CCPA through the following ways:

Advertisements and Content Based on Cross-Site Tracking By Third Parties and Others (“Cross-Site Tracking”): Third parties and others, such as ad networks, ad exchanges and social media platforms, serve you targeted advertisements and content on our digital services and through our newsletters based on the tracking of your activities across the internet over time. This tracking typically involves the sharing of data collected by cookies and similar tools; and/or

Marketing and Promotional Partners (“Third-Party Marketing”): We may share your personal information, such as contact information (e.g., name, email address, postal address) and other information with our business partners and others for their own advertising, marketing and other commercial purposes.

You have a right to opt out of either or both of the activities listed above. Please complete one of the forms below to submit your requested opt-out choices. By completing the first form, you will be opting out of both (1) Cross-Site Tracking and (2) Third-Party Marketing. By completing the second form, you will be opting out of only (2) Third-Party Marketing.

Depending on the opt out rights you exercise, you may still see certain ads on our sites and mobile apps, and some data collection will still take place (for example, to detect or prevent fraud or deliver the services you request from us

She sells your personal information, too. Don't give them your name and address.

• Love 1

This comment was on her website under the mascara advertisement-oops- I mean article on mascara:

I remember the days when Ree did her own blog and it was really nice. I am not even going to follow this because it's now just a corporation with her name.

So true! And it is now so blatant, how could it not turn everyone off? 

40 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I enjoyed her show in the beginning. Now she is too plastic and commercialized for me to enjoy. 
She ran out of natural charm and substituted saccharine. 

Along with that saccharine-y nonstop smile. It will be interesting in the future, when masks are no longer required, to see if she continues the smiling, or (in response to viewers' complaints) she smiles off & on like a normal cooking show host (aside from Giada, of course).

• Love 3

I saw this on her facebook page. More shilling for anyone who comes along. I need to stop going there. It says it is a "paid partnership." Her money grubbing is so blatant.

The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond

with 

DISH

Paid Partnership  · 

Had such a great time shooting this

DISH

spot with my favorite fella. This is quite honestly my favorite activity: curling up on the couch (with dessert, of course!) and watching TV with Ladd in the evenings. Sometimes when we’re in the mood to reminisce, we watch episodes of #ThePioneerWoman on

Food Network

, DISH channel 110. Talk about a fun date night!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=10158170237477858&__cft__[0]=AZU3lM5BbyFn4zIGwmmwDO2r0lguA_U753SVp1PHoiWdB_IXfYdGvjKBl0Hlq3frIzVOghaIcIw92LO0z8byxtCDXM_-XA8ney-0v_lOU85w2wdQINzPfeBT4yUp7SFFClHueXYFvZq3aMVRvyV0hEEYiDp7rJc7CCm4hCm_n3EHSw&__cft__[1]=AZW-zZiVCzEUGWLi32fcgjJmOw-t5Y2wqofmq9qkJGT9XueW9B3BXBRDhNIpAx8efVLzPZCuApcZPMGEStJI-upAic2_KDUqpZdJXJADMWQJdqyedU8S6A4bR84vWo3uqdq2hS5Fl7zIk_OPYHS3jmd1Ukqtu39vWsN6bQH7VgnYbRoy-PIUYOSHwWGkulIlhwI&__tn__=FH-R

On 1/26/2021 at 11:07 AM, Dineen said:

This comment was on her website under the mascara advertisement-oops- I mean article on mascara:

I remember the days when Ree did her own blog and it was really nice. I am not even going to follow this because it's now just a corporation with her name.

So true! And it is now so blatant, how could it not turn everyone off? 

I agree 100%.  I live at the edge of the Flint Hills a few hours north of them.  It's one of my favorite places ever.  I enjoyed her photos of life on their ranch.  The dogs, the horses, the cows.  The working ranch part.  Now, meh.  Although I do have to admit I bought the Instant Pot with her design on it.  I thought it was pretty.

• Love 1

On her FB page: The nacho table party. Put the fixings in bowls on a table, put the nacho chips on the table, not on a plate. Yuck. Seems kind of unsanitary to me. Some of her Reeple liked the idea, others not. Here is what she said (typical mindless nonsense and a link to her website, so it is click bait too) 

A table covered completely in nachos seems like a dream come true for me. I saw lots of mixed reactions online...interesting!

I need to stop going there.

I was wrong about the nacho table. You put aluminum foil on the table before the nachos, so not so bad. Some people put cheese on the nachos which are on the table. Still a bit messy, but sounds kind of fun.

The Nacho Table Trend Is Still Going Strong on TikTok | POPSUGAR Food

• Useful 1

From her facebook page:

Today's new episode has a rat running into their lodge kitchen while they are filming.  Here are her words

It’s a bird, it’s a plane! Nope, it’s a pack rat who’s here to traumatize the Drummond house.

Ree and her family were just minding their own business filming The Pioneer Woman show one day when chaos struck. There Ree was, brushing olive oil onto a delicious looking bread bowl when something skittered across the floor—and everyone started screaming. (And cursing—we heard that you guys! 😂) It was quite the experience, and really sets The Pioneer Woman apart from the crowd, don’t you think?

“I consider myself to be a trailblazer on Food Network. After all, I am the only host that has had an enormous pack rat run around the kitchen in the middle of filming,” Ree says. “We all immediately screamed and ran, jumped on surfaces, even Mauricio and Stuart.”

So what’s a Drummond crew to do?

“Mauricio grabbed a mop and started looking for him...then I pointed and screamed to scare Mauricio (it worked), then when I was laughing about that, Alex pointed and screamed to scare me,” she says. “It was total chaos, and in the end, it was our Sound Technician, Jonathan, and our Production Assistant, Raymond, who saved the day and ushered the rat back outside.

If you’re wondering where the uninvited guest came from, there’s an answer: “We had a huge water leak disaster last fall and had to rip up over half the wood floors in the Lodge, so he had come in through a plumbing hole,” she says. Never a dull moment at the ranch!

14 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Martha and Snoop have been best buds for years. Martha had him on her Martha Knows Best show last year (remotely, since they shot it during the pandemic).

Interesting that Ree's production group is back on location.

Are you sure? It looked pretty choppy/jerky and I thought several shots showed one of her daughters filming..

And may I just add...cookie salad??? 🤢🤮 My blood sugar went through the roof just watching her make it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Are you sure? It looked pretty choppy/jerky and I thought several shots showed one of her daughters filming..

I was referring to the post about her FB page upthread about the rat.

“It was total chaos, and in the end, it was our Sound Technician, Jonathan, and our Production Assistant, Raymond, who saved the day and ushered the rat back outside.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I was referring to the post about her FB page upthread about the rat.

Oh sorry, I thought you were talking about today's new show. When was the rat incident? This is the first live show I've seen in a looooong time. I just read here for the snark occasionally. I couldn't sleep last night and finally gave up and got up much earlier than I normally do. Turned on the TV and Ree's voice assaulted my ears. I only stayed because for some unknown reason I wanted to waste my time watching The Kitchen...sorry I digress...

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

When was the rat incident? This is the first live show I've seen in a looooong time. I

Go up six posts to read about what she said on her FB page about a rat showing up while they were filming.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HyeChaps said:

It was funny when the rat came through.

Oh my goodness, I laughed and laughed. The terror! The screaming! Everyone jumping on the furniture in a panic! (Here's a little trivia for the Drummond clan, rats can jump two feet or more off the ground and even further in a vertical leap. Sleep tight!) And then after one of the minions caught the rat and took it outside, Ree says something like, well, that's life in the country. Really? Is that why you and your entire family acted as if this one rat was going to slaughter all of you? Bitch, please.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, sATL said:

image.thumb.png.87689a655844940501fc486e28984792.png

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ree-drummond-her-kids-react-221501528.html

I guess there isn't enough mean big ole yard dogs (or cates) on the farm to take care of rodents..

You're so right about having cats to take care of rats! They don't need to be house cats either, in fact, former feral cats (neutered/spayed and vaccinated, please) are just the ticket for a defense against rat infestation. One of our local no-kill shelters adopts out former feral cats that are not suitable as pets. They call them "barn cats" and say just provide them with shelter and water and some food outside and let them do their thing.

p.s. it was fun to watch that again. heh.

Edited by Ashforth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I just found this page today.  I watch her occasionally, but the frozen smile is just too much.  She has dimples and she obviously knows that they show when she smiles.  So the perpetual frozen grin.  People with dimples do this a lot, (Timmy on the old Lassie show, William Powell, Clark Gable and many more) but she is the champ.

• Love 2